Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rowan O'Connel
User Image

Rowan was getting irritated. Why did it have to be this man? Why were they fussing over one old man who was probably near death as it stood. Rowan glanced at the three men who came from the pub. No one saw anything. Rowan was the only witness. When the strange woman obeyed Jamie's request, Rowan grew impaitent. Why do they need the other police? Killian would not be happy about this. Surely, there was no reason to investigate. Rowan was a woman who was not 'capable' of doing such a deed.

The panic tone in Rowan's voice was no longer present. It was replaced by a clear annoyance. "I feel a bit woozy. If you don't mind, detective, i would like to go sit down and grab a glass of water." If he asked anything of her, she would deny it. She would stick by her story.

Koko the Boss's Husband

Moonlight Stalker

User Image
User Image

▶ ▾ ▷ ▿ ▶ ▾ ▷ Ҝillian ӍacDaly the ▼ ▸ ▽ ▹ ▼ ▸ ▽

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
User Image
User Image

MacDaly's chuckled lightly. He gave Thomas a light squeeze on the shoulder. "Well now I'm glad to see you're feeling well enough to talk tough. But don't go an' be an idiot, you hear?" He turned to talk to Catherine more. See what the young miss recommended to get his man back in working shape as soon as possible. "Now don't you take his words personally lass. He's just still in shock from the wound ya see." He gave Thomas a quick warning glance to watch his tongue. There could only be so much lenience for a wound, especially if he was trying to claim it was "minor."

He nodded thoughtfully as Catherine said the wound needed to be stitched up, or cauterized. Especially since the man was insisting on downing that bottle like it was a wee bit of water. He had figured it would be a kindness to let him take away a bit of the pain but now he was just going to thin his blood and make himself bleed out faster. And there he went trying to act tough again! The blood loss and alcohol must be going to his brain. Grumbling to himself he rubbed the back of his neck. "Now miss, if ya wouldn't mind it might be best if ya do it. I don't think we can get this one to sit down long enough to wait for a doctor and at this rate he's going to go and bleed himself ta death. I thought he wouldn't be fool enough to drink heavily right after a stomach wound. Follow me lass." Bright blue eyes glanced over at her father. "Provided that's tolerable sir. O' course as soon as this matter is taken care of we'll be getting down to business. Don't you worry now." He looked over at her father to see what his opinion on the matter was.

Taking off after Thomas he soon caught up with the man. He eyed the bar tender. "Now dont cha even think about given this here lad another drink, ya hear?" He didn't wait for a reply as he turned to Thomas. He had tried to be gentle, but clearly the man needed a firmer hand right now. His voice lost his joking edge as he spoke to Thomas. "Look now here Tommy. I appreciate that you're being tough and refusing to be brought out of the game, but don't go and be a fool. Ya got a stomach wound lad, even a wee one isn't a joking matter. I've got business to attend to and I don't need to be distracted by worrying about you," He took the bottle that Thomas was holding, pushing it across the bar so the man could take it and put it aside from later. He doubted even with the combinations of alcohol and lack of blood that Thomas would be fool enough to resist. "Now as your boss I am ordering you to allow this pretty young miss to seal up that little gushing hole of yours. If ya still feel the need to take part in tonight, ya can come in after and find a seat." He gave him another clap on the shoulder, trying to joke once again. "Come now, I can't risk losing you to a wee little wound, can I? What kind o' boss will that make me look like?"

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

User Image
Thomas "The Saint" McElroy
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thomas was stopped before he could go talk to Connor at the bar but he recognized him sure enough. It seemed Killian was intent on making sure.Thomas made a full recovery. It was evident that there was no point in arguing, after all it was Mr.McDaly he was talking to. Thomas knew better than to argue or.go against him. "Alright, Mr.McDaly if you say so. I'll make sure I standbye until further notice. he replied passively. He walked back to the room he had been in before and sat down on a bench, closed his eyes and leaned his head back. It seemed as if wether he liked it or not, his night was done. He still couldnt believe he had been stabbed, he shouldn't have been so reckless to run in there like that. He shouldve just listened to Rowan. Truth be told he was in a state of fairly heavy intoxication at this point, which had only made him more tired. He wondered how long this patch up was going to take.

Devoted Elocutionist

11,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image
CatherineVictoriaJones
Daddy's Little Girl
☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆
My location//: Father's business meeting My mood//: Nervous, alert. My company//: Father, Killian, and Thomas.
☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Catherine sighed softly at Killian's comment on paying Thomas' words no mind. She then nodded in response and looked at Thomas. When he went back to the room that they were previously in, she followed him.

When Thomas sat down and closed his eyes, she kneeled down in front of him and began to slowly remove the wrappings that she had put on him earlier when she had finished cleaning the wound. She looked up to Killian with a kind smile and began to name the items that she'd need. "Okay, I'm going to need a metal object, preferably something flat with a handle, a knife should do. I'm also going to an open fire going or a lighter to heat the metal and clean bandages to bandage him up again once I've finished. Also," she looked to Thomas, "you're probably going to want something to bite down on, like a stick or belt because this is going to hurt a lot more than the wound itself does, I might even suggest passing out," she said with a nod.

Once she finished with the explanation of what she needed, she looked back to Killian to make sure he heard everything, she didn't care if he got the supplies or one of his little helpers did, but it needed to be soon, so that the bleeding could be stopped.

Fashionable Gaian

2,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Despite his efforts to revive the man, nothing seemed to work, his pulse gone, his body growing cold, and his entire being unresponsive. The young officer sighed as he leaned back and took a deep breath, the whole time listening closely to what Rowan had to say explaining her story. These things did happen, he supposed maybe it was just an accidental tragedy, "What was your connection to this man? Why'd you follow him out here?" Jamey asked curiously, just doing his job and gathering all the information at the scene. He wasn't sure whether or not this was a crime scene, but all precautions must be taken. Jamey knew O'Malley's Irish mafia activity had been growing, so if anything, this man could have crossed somebody, but that was a whole can of worms Jamey was not ready to open.

When Rowan said she was feeling woozy, the officer stood up after laying down the body carefully and shook his head taking off her jacket to wring out his sleeves, "I'm sorry, Ma'am." he began to pull out a note pad, "I'm going to have to ask you to wait for the other officers, they're just going to need a report from you about what happened here. Simple procedure. I assure you no one is in trouble." he smiled at her sweetly, trying to make her feel more comfortable. He approached her slowly, "If you like you can come sit over here on this bench while we wait."

User Image
Rowan O'Connel
User Image

"The poor drunk fool forgot his money. I was returning it to him. The tip was too high. Giving a woman a tip like that often suggests other things. I do not wish to be insulted. I'm not a whore, officer. I was returning the man's money to him." She let out a sigh and placed her index finger on her temple as if trying to cure a head ache. "As much as i would have liked to keep the money, I'm not that type of girl. I work hard for my money...Do you understand?" She shook her head slowly.

She moved over to the bench but did not sit. "You wish for me to stay out in the cold while a man, who was alive only a moment ago, lays dead at my feet. I already feel responsible! I didn't know what to do." It was then that tears started. She did not sob nor sniffle. She just allowed the tears to run naturally down her face. She calmly sat on the bench and folded her arms at her stomach. "If I had not come out, he would have just become another missing person and you would have had questions unanswered."

Fashionable Gaian

2,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Jamey carefully listened to Rowan's story, unable to gather all of it as her emotions began to run away with her, this wasn't uncommon in these sort of events. Often when a death happened, the witnesses were overwhelmed with fear and anxiety, not only did death do that most to people, but fear of conviction did as well. Guilt. Rowan blew off the handle and Jamey, being a cop, was not falling for her attempt to get away from the crime scene by acting in defiance and offense as if he was accusing her, what did she have to hide. In Jamey's experience, most people who had nothing to do with what happened were fully cooperative and remained calm unless it was their loved one, then tears flowed as they recollected their account best as possible, there story was calm and unemotional, but why as Rowan taking offense that was apparent in her description, "I never said you were a whore, Ma'am." he said soothingly, "And I'm sorry, this is procedure." he stood next to where she sat on the bench. She seemed to be pouting, a man just lost his life and she sat here pouting at how it inconvenienced her schedule somehow. Sure that did rise some suspicion, but at the same time, it could also just mean she was an unpleasant person.

Thankfully, the other officers made their way there, riding in their carriage with a flashing light tied to the top. Astrid was in the carriage with them. The horse came to a slow stop from it's fast trot as the carriage behind slowed to a halt. Once fully halted, five police officers excited, an older one lifting his hand to Astrid to help her get out. Once the officers approach, Jamey gave them a quick fill in of events of what has happened: the woman calling for help declaring him drunk and having a heart attack, Jamey rushing in to pull him out, him already dead when placed back on solid ground. Once filling them in he motioned to Rowan as a witness also mentioning she was cold and one of the officers was nice enough to hand her his jacket to drape over her bare shoulders.

An officer approached her with a pencil and paper he bent down on his knee to her height, "Ma'am. I just need to ask you some questions." he bit the back of his pencil shortly before continuing, "What's your name?" he looked up into her eyes ready to write.

User Image
User Image
~Astrid Cecelia Elsen~

As Astrid was leading the officers to the pier she suddenly stopped. "You okay deary?" She heard the older officer ask her. "Yes," she replied after a pause. "I just need to grab something." The younger officer stared at her in confusion, "Isn't there an issue though?" Astrid let out an exasperated sigh. "Yes, we need to get there, but I need to grab something." Without the officers permission she entered the McCormicks's shop.

"Astrid, what are you doing here darling?" Mrs. McCormick asked with hint of worry. "Everything is fine," Astrid said with a smile. "I just wanted to grab one of your fluffy blankets. Is that okay?" Mrs. McCormick let out a small chuckle. "Of course my dear just wash it before you return it." Astrid smiled at the older woman and waved goodbye. She loved her boss.

Once she was outside Astrid dashed down the stairs of the shop. "Come on," she called out to the officers. She showed them a back way through the town that only the immigrants really knew. Once they were at the pier Astrid felt like she could breathe again. "Down there," she pointed down the pier to two silhouettes. When they got closer they saw that Rowan was sitting down in tears and that Jamey was shivering, but still taking notes. "That boy," she whispered to herself. She walked up to him and threw the warm animal fur blanket around his shoulders and her gaze went over to the dead man. What was going on?

User Image
Rowan O'Connel
User Image

Rowan was growing impaitent. Why did this man have to be a cop. She should have followed the old man further away from here. It isn't like they could convict her of anything. They had no proof. The man was older and had a drinking problem. Rowan just hurried the process along.

When the other men arrived, Rowan glared at the back of the officer's head. He was wasting her time. Killian would be furious. Thomas was bleeding within the building. She didnt have time for this. She began to stand only to have another man approach her. She accepted the jacket as if she were a victim in this however she was no longer crying. She couldnt' even fake cry any longer for she was angry at this entire situation. Her eyes shifted to the female who had run along like a good little puppet to retrieve the other men. Her brows narrowed. The girl liked the cop. How disgusting. Disgusting creatures in general.

Rowan's attention returned to the officer before her when he asked for her name. Part of her wanted to give him another name then what was already hers. "Rowan....." She stated bluntly with no emotion in her voice.
Thomas "The Saint" McElroy
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thomas looked up when Catherine and the boss walked in. He opened his eyes and looked at Catherine first, then at Mr.McDaly. Some men ran out and quickly came back with the supplies that Catherine had listed off. Thomas sat patiently and looked up to Mr.McDaly, " You dont have to worry about me Mr.McDaly, I know you gentlemen have some important buisiness to attend to, and as you can see I'll be fine. We'll get started here" He took out a small bandana and balled it up. He looked up to Catherine and said, " By the way, I forgot to thank you for helping me. The name's Thomas but you can call me Tommy, everyone calls me Tommy. I'm sorry, I never caught your name Miss?" He looked at her for a while before putting the balled up bandana in his mouth to bite down on. He nodded at her and muffled out the words, " Do it."

Dapper Gaian

User Image

Connor & Casey

FOLEY

User ImageUser Image

Connor made a slightly confused face when she said she didn't want to sit with him in a snug, it was just like when she accused him of... of... whatever that was she had accused him of, in the Chinese restaurant. So she was incredibly untrusting, alright, Connor could work with that, afterall he wasn't too worried about her flaws, not being the type to focus on negative personality traits in order to evaluate the success of any social relations. This wasn't because he was unable to, but simply because he didn't care. If it worked, yay for him, if not, oh well, there were others, but he liked this one, "What did men do to you?" Connor asked sensing her distrust was more directed at men in general than Irishmen.

Connor couldn't help but let out a small laugh when Mei discovered the joy of Irish cream. Old man O'Malley really knew what ladies liked, except Tabby, but Connor never saw his childhood friend as a woman, just the cute and pushy little girl who used to follow him around. When Mei told him about her necklace, a look of genuine surprise washed across his face, "Wow... I didn't know other people besides the Irish even were interested in these... They are beautiful, that is true." he gently reached forward lifting the symbol on the necklace and letting it fall gently in the palm of his hand making sure to not pull on the chain his eyes fixed on it, "It's odd that gem is purple but it looks lovely. The symbol is called..." he broke his gaze with the necklace and looked up to Mei, leaning in closer to her due to the fact that he was holding the necklace in his hand, "Triquetra." he slowly let it fall trying not to cause it to slam back against her chest. He watched it fall on her feminine chest before looking back to her eyes and continuing, "In English, the trinity. In religion of Ireland, Catholic and Protestant, it represents to Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. In a more spiritual aspect it represents birth, life, and rebirth. It is all connected, a never ending cycle of eternal life and connectedness."

Nat nodded, "Like Coca-Cola, I am not sure if I am addicted." he picked up the egg roll and took a bite, "When will I know if I'm addicted?" quickly swallowing, he snagged another bite ferociously, "More please?" He turned to Tabby, "Tabby this is good try some." he pushed the egg roll onto her mouth with a goofy, stinker grin.

Casey laughed as Nat began to react like an addict and replied, "I don't think I have the wallet size to eat here." he said nervously looking over to Tabby immediately grabbing a napkin to clean up Nat's mess, "Okay, yes, yes, Nat we know it's delicious."
Meili Lan

User Image

Mei glanced at Connor, startled at his question. What did men do to her? Not much really, it was in Mei's nature to be cautious. Although....she had heard stories from her mother.
"Men did not really do anything to me. My mother knew a girl in China who was a geisha. She, of course, did not have a very good time with men in general. Mother always told me these stories to warn me about men. Most of them had to do with men leading the poor geisha on, and then not following up and requesting her presence at tea houses as she had expected them to. She lost many customers that way. But she became very good at snagging more men, too. So I suppose it sort of worked to her advantage in that she had to become a good enough geisha to overcome the cheap, rude, weaselly men in her life." Mei finished with a shrug.
As Connor took hold of her necklace, she looked down at it in his hand, then back up to his face. He was so close. She wanted to just lean forward and kiss him, in front of everyone. Of course, that wouldn't be very lady-like. "I see. That's very interesting. My family never held any certain religious beliefs, we just have very strict values and principles, and always try to treat others the way we want to be treated, above all. Though I hear that the name for that in western culture is 'The Golden Rule' and that it is also in the Bible." she shrugged. "I've yet to get my hands on a copy of such an important and impressive book. I would like to read it someday." she smiled at Connor. "The idea of having an instruction manual for life is both amusing and appealing to me." she chuckled.
Mei kept inhaling Connor's scent and had to back off to take another sip of her drink. She didn't want to seem too eager, but being this close to him and having all his attention was both thrilling and terrifying. Thrilling because she liked him so much, and terrifying because she was afraid she would say or do the wrong thing and scare him off.

Fashionable Gaian

2,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
User ImageUser Image

User Image

When Astrid approached him with the blanket, Jamey was intensely watching Rowan's interview from afar, her defiant behavior slightly odd, Perhaps she's nervous because she's Irish, maybe she's afraid we will suspect her automatically due to her race. Being Irish himself, Jamey would never do such a thing, but he could see how other cops may. Nothing was worse than being Irish in society's eyes except being Black. That's how the world ran, and that's why Jamey his parent's assimilated, if you can't beat them, join them. It was a social battle for cultural control and Jamey's parents knew they weren't going to win. Startled slightly by Astrid he chuckled a bit at himself and replied, taking the blanket slowly and wrapping his sopping wet body in the warm blanket, "Why thank you." he grinned at her, his green blue eyes lit up with the bright lights on the once dark pier, "They're just going to question her now. See what she knows. I don't like to make judgments on cases but I know what everyone's going to say. This is an open and shut case." Jamey sighed, unsatisfied with those type of events. Perhaps he was just paranoid. He looked over as the doctor approached the dead man to declare his time of death and prepare him to be researched on. Though, their "research" they could do into his death was limited.

The young cop getting information from Rowan began to write when she said her name. He wrote and spoke aloud, "R-O" but then stopped. It was such a foreign name, it sounded Irish, or Scottish, maybe Welsh. Still, he couldn't place it. The officer, appearing to be in his mid 30s, cleared his throat and asked, "Would you spell it for me? And what is your last name?"

User Image

Fashionable Gaian

2,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════════════☼══════════════════════╗

The unsuspecting Tabby fell prey to Nat's odd violation of a social norm, shoving food in a woman's face. Although, to Tabby, it wasn't a bother. She existed outside the social norms of the society, for she was an Irish immigrant practically raised by little Irish boys and herself, her friends were two Irishmen and a Negro. It almost sounded like the beginning of bad joke, regardless, Tabby did not know the meaning of the world normal, Tabby grabbed Nat's forearm, most the egg roll falling in her lap before pulling his wrist toward her mouth, she opened and delivered a bite, not hard enough to cause damage, but not enough to cause some discomfort. She had an evil, little smirk on her face, enjoying her pay back by biting him. She then pushed away his forearm and picked up the remaining egg roll from her lap, taking a bite, "I think you've gone wacky as a clipped arse." Tabby said with a laugh, "That's what I think." she turned to Ziyi and put her hands together, a small smile appearing and rising her freckled cheeks, "Thank you ever so much for putting up with them. May we leave you a tip?"

╚══════════════════════☼══════════════════════╝
User Image
~Astrid Cecelia Elsen~

Astrid could feel the glare of Rowan on her as she approached Jamey. What did that woman care what she did with her life? Ignoring her every instinct to yell and scream at Rowan she looked down at the ground and bit her lower lip. She then heard Jamey chuckle. "What?" she asked with a faked innocent tone. "Do you not appreciate the fact that I think you should remain in good health?" That was when she noticed that he was just looking at her with his big blue green eyes and they seemed to glisten under the lamps. Every part of her just wanted to run up to him, grab him, and kiss him. This was getting painful for her.

Jamey began to talk about the case and how the investigation was looking like an open and shut case. Astrid bit her thumb nail thinking about that. Rowan was well known in the Irish Mafia and she had some tricks up her sleeves, but was death really one of them? Astrid decided to remain skeptical, but on the other hand she was pleased to listen to Jamey talk about the investigation. He had such a different light to him when he talked about something he truly loved...it almost made Astrid jealous of his job.

As Jamey went to go get Rowan's full name Astrid wondered over to the water and looked down. It was hard to believe that someone could die in these waters. As she looked down she saw her reflection. The girl staring back at her looked like a doe eyed teenager. Just wonderful... To get rid of the reflection she touched the water with her finger tip and the picture dissipated and Astrid sat on the edge of the pier looking at the stars.

User Image

[[Edited]]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas