Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heart Kitten

8,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

DO NOT POST.
Asxura x Sacred Arse
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Name: Jonathan L. Mathews
Birthday: 7/03/2000
Personality: Simplistic, Passionate, Oblivious
History: The first son of Todd and Kim Mathews. He was born and lived in Medford, Oregon with his family for most of his life, however two years ago he lost his father and younger brother after they went missing in the woods during a camping trip. It is presumed that they lost their lives in a hiking accident or eaten by bears. After losing his father and brother, Jonathan devoted himself to helping the ranch and his family, but when his grades started to suffer his mother decided it was best for him to focus on his studies away from home. It has been a year since Jonathan came to Tacoma, WA to live with his Uncle Drake and cousin Faye. He starts his last year of high school this year with no plans for after but a distant thought of returning to the ranch and his mother.

Other: He has a scar by his left ear from an accident in his youth. He wears his father's wedding band as a promise to his mother to always be there for her.

Heart Kitten

8,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

xxxxxxNAME:

Juliette Mae Smith

xxxxxxAGE:

Seventeen

xxxxxxPERSONALITY:

Sweet. Outgoing. Musically Inclined. Creative.

xxxxxxBACKGROUND:

Juliette has always lived Tacoma, WA. She lived with her parents and her younger brother.
              Her family was not of anything special. No abuse. The occasional fights, what marriage
              couple with kids didn't fight? They were of middle social and economic class. She was
              determined to make it big in the music industry, if not an artist would easily satisfy her.

When she was nine her grandma passed away from cancer. Juliette didn't really understand
              what was going on. Why was she sick? Why can't the doctors save her? This made her want
              to become a doctor and find out these answers; however, she didn't think she was capable
              of the rigor that was medical school. Not to mention she was not all that great at math. She
              settled with allowing her music express the way she felt about the cause. She also did runs
              and charity events that would help donate to the funding of research for the disease.

i may fix this up a little later.

Quote:
September 4th, 2017

I've thought about this a lot, you know-- about keeping a journal. I haven't seen my mother in months... when she calls I can't even remember how she looks, its just a voice. She's always been good at masking how she feels, I can't tell if she's okay or not when she always calls with a laugh... its always happy with her for as long as I can remember. As a kid I remember always seeing her with a smile on her face, even when the ranch wasn't doing well or when she was sick and bedridden.... even the funeral-- a smile and a laugh. She never shed a tear, not one. How... she. I can't understand how she could she my fa... my b-bro... them lifeless like that and be able to smile so convincingly. She's too strong. She doesn't need me. I don't know why I'm even doing this. She doesn't want to read about how my day was... she has the ranch to think about. This isn't much of journal anyway. Just me going on about myself. Ill stop here. Maybe tomorrow ill have something to talk about, its my last year after all...

John laid back in his seat, holding his face in his hands; he exhaled deeply. It was late in the night and it's been a long time since he last wrote something. He wasn't the best at writing but it always helped him when he felt uneasy or uncertain. He closed the leather-bond journal and toss it freely into his open backpack. He had never planned on using the journal; it was just a present from his Uncle for his birthday, a stupid present. He had spent the summer here, at his Uncle Drake's house, with his cousin Faye passing time by watching old movies from his Uncle's collection in the basement. They were old wartime movies and documentaries from the Vietnam War. His Uncle Dray had served in the armed forces as a pilot for 20 years, he retired 3 years ago, and ever since he's worked at the Washington Dulles Int. Airport as a pilot, and because of this he's gone away from home 5-6 days out of the week. His cousin Faye handles most of the cooking, aside from the occasional take-out here and then, and John maintains the house. In the mean time since John's arrival, John and Faye have found themselves engrossed in his Uncle's old movies, some of which depict his Uncle and his platoon on different bases. After 3 months, his Uncle's collection has proved to be quite extensive. John and Faye had even taken to using military banter with each other, it wouldn't be uncommon to find them addressing each other as Private Mathews. Thinking back, John couldn't remember when they started it but "Private" had quickly replaced "Faye" and after all this time John could not recall a time when he ever addressed his cousin by her name-- it was strange but it was late and his mind was clouded with thoughts of sleep. Tomorrow was a big day; he thought, as he swayed out of his seat onto his warm covers.

Heart Kitten

8,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

JULIETTESMITH

It was just about seven in the morning and the first class of the day started at nine. The petite brunette was still in bed. "Julie!" the sound of an adolescent boy echoed the room of the teenager, "Wake up, mom is going to get pissed if you're late again!" A groan escaped the lips of the female, before her hands reached over her bed to stretch them out. The female took her time getting ready for school, because she didn't really care for it. When she was ready she kissed her parents and her little brother good bye. "I'll come pick you up from school, okay?" she told him, only to receive a nod. With that done, the female was out, her backpack lazily swung onto her back and a guitar case handle hanging from her grip. It was typical that Juliette when to the music room as soon as she made it to the school. When she got into the room, she removed her guitar from its case and began to strum.

ooc: sorry it's cruddy got caught into the game and i didn't have time to type it out. : c

Jonathan Mathews

John's morning had been hectic--rushed really. His alarm hadn't been set and his clothes were still in the dryer. Late and restless, John was only able to eat a few spoon-fulls of cereal before being dragged out the house by his cousin. They had missed the bus but his Uncle had returned that morning and was willing to drive them to school. His Uncle was clearly tired so the conversation was light considering his cousin was the only one in the mood to hold any form of banter.

" Are you excited, John? This is going to be our last year. There is so much to look forward too, homecoming is right around the corner, you know?" His cousin was the athletic type; placing camaraderie as her motto and her family and friends as her passion. She worked hard and people loved her for it. She was frequently active in the school's events and in her junior year she ran for class president, however she lost to Jalise Moore and became Vice-president instead. She had mention running again this year in the hopes of winning. In any case, John was not so active. He was satisfied with passing his time in the library or sheltered in a corner with music. When he was on the ranch, he grew accustomed to physical work but now having moved and left the ranch behind he felt good lazing about. Today was no different. He had planned to sit in the back of the class and reluctantly follow along while sneaking a read of the next John Grisham novel on his list, but his cousin was infectious. Her lively attitude always pushed John to be more involved. It was almost a superpower of hers-- making things that would otherwise be boring fun. John mustered up a, " Aye Aye, Sergeant..," and returned to his mission of trying to dig out a few extra minutes of sleep. His Uncle, however, left him no time to get comfortable with his erratic driving. Slipping between cars and cutting down streets at a break-neck speed, it was a miracle that they got to school in one piece, and early no less. Shaken and stirred, John and his cousin stepped out onto the front entrance of the school leaving Uncle Drake with muddled and reluctant "thank you"s.

His cousin explained that she had to check in with her Tennis Coach before school before rushing toward the courts to the side of the school. John fitted his backpack to the side and headed inside the school. He was early and hopefully he would be able to find his way around before dealing with the incoming students. It was an old building, the school. It had been renovated many times but John could see the wear and tear of decades of use. The staircase, made of polished maple wood, would creak ever so lightly as you trekked up its winding steps. The hallways were filled with bulletin boards and announcement ledgers. His first class was Art Appreciation in the Music and Fine Arts department on the 3rd floor.

I believe its room 322? Ugh I hate this school... its like a maze. I think it may be down this way...

After turning several corners he found himself staring down the hall of the Music Department, frustrated he turned around hoping the Art Department was close by, only to be stopped by the strumming of a guitar. It was nice. It had been a long time since he heard someone play the guitar. His father had one but he's only ever heard him play a handful of times. It was strange.. the strumming reminded him of his father, slumped in a chair on the patio strumming his guitar and passing the time. John followed the sound to an old music room tucked away at the end of the hallway. He peered in, searching for a face to match the sound. It was a girl, around his age, perched on a desk strumming a guitar. The wind blew in from the open window beside her and caught her hair. Her hair was long and captivating. She lifted her hand to brush her hair aside and their eyes met for the first time.

Heart Kitten

8,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

JULIETTESMITH

Just as Juliette moved the stray hair from her face, she met eyes with a taller male. He was probably three or four inches taller than her. Her cheeks turned a light pink as she put her music to a halt. She didn't even notice him. Why was he here? That was the only question that remained in her mind, even though the answer was clear. She was playing music and he probably heard. "Um?" she started to the empty room, hopping off the desk her feet dangled from with a careful conscious, at least for the sake of her guitar. She then began to walk over to the door, looking at the taller male with a lifted eyebrow as she opened the door.

"You know staring is rude," Julie told him, letting her guitar hang just in front of her chest. On the top left portion of the body of the guitar, through the eyes of the viewer, there was a name of her grandma's and the date of death in roman numerals engraved on it. Since the guitar was a gift from her, Juliette saw it fit. Her green eyes looking slightly upward at the male. She stood to probably his shoulders. "Are you lost?" she questioned him.

OOPS EDDITING.

~Jonathan Mathews~

John let out a quick chuckle before responding,"Uh...yeah I am.... mind helping me? I can't find where Rm 322 is." John was never really good with people so he had a bad habit of finding it amusing whenever he was pulled into conversation with others. It was a quirk from his childhood. As a boy, he would always shy away from the other kids, so when they ever invited him to play he would always run in with a smile and a laugh. It was understood then but people tend question him more now rather then believing him to be cute.

"I like your guitar." A big smile crossed his face, John hadn't spoke with anyone but his cousin and Uncle in months so he was eagerly awaiting someone to have any interests besides sports and planes, "How long have you been playing?"

Heart Kitten

8,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

JULIETTESMITH

Juliette smirked when he questioned where room 322 was. She pointed down the hall. "You went the entire wrong way," she told him, "well, assuming you passed by the English department." She looked back at her backpack lying on the desk she was previously sitting on. "I'll bring you there. I'm headed there soon for class anyways," she offered him, "I'll just gather my stuff and we could head out." She quickly did as she said she was going to do and then headed out. She looked back at him and smiled. "Coming?" she questioned.

The male commented on her guitar, making her smile. "Thank you, it was gift from my grandma," she told him, "kind of a big deal to me." When she was asked how long she had been playing, admittedly enough that took some thinking. "Well, I think it was since I was like nine or ten," she told him, "I never really thought about it, but I'm pretty sure I was yet to reach my teenager years when I first started." She paused in her thoughts, realizing that she hadn't introduced herself. "Hi," she started, "my name is Juliette. You can call me Julie. Everyone does." She then extended a hand to the male, waiting for him to shake her soft small hands.

~Jonathan Mathews~

He took her hand without hesitation. " My name is John...," Her hands were soft to the touch while his was sweaty from the light cardio he endured getting to this room. He smiled when the smell of her shampoo filled the air as she moved about," I just moved here to live with my uncle not to long ago, so I appreciate the help, at least until I get used to this school." John hadn't been around a girl before excluding his mother and cousin so he fidgeted a bit hoping she didn't notice how awkward he was. He couldn't help but look her over, his eyes glancing over her figure before returning his attention to her, " How long have you gone to school here?"

Heart Kitten

8,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

JULIETTESMITH

Juliette gave him a smile, ignoring the slight wetness of his hands in hers. It was okay. Everyone sweats. Completely natural. ["Nice to meet you," she told him, continuing to walk in the correct direction of the class. "It's not a problem," she told him. How long have you gone to school here? Juliette pretended to think about it. "Well this is my last year here and this has been my only high school," she told him, "what are you plans after this? If I may know?"

~Jonathan Mathews~

Jonathan thought about it for a moment. He had been asked this before but he always said "college" out of habit. He opened his mouth hoping words would follow.

" I..... well.... I guess I'll find something. Maybe the army? My Father and Uncle both joined the army when they got out of school, well my Uncle joined the airforce. I don't know... maybe I'll do that. My father always talked about how he met my mother while he was stationed in Germany. If I join I might find someone like that." A smile came to his face. It was a pleasant thought for him. He hadn't really thought about a relationship until now. He thought about finding someone like his father and mother did. What would she look like? His eyes fixed on Julie. Her hair was the same color of his mother and with that thought another one followed. I could find someone like Julie He continued trying to forget whatever he would call a thought like that. "S-sorry that came out wrong. I don't want to join the army to find a girl. Well I would but not like that. What I mean is... I want to find someone, my soul mate, but... well...nevermind. Forget everything I just said." John grabbed his face embarrassed hoping she wouldn't turn around. " How about you? What are you going to do?"

Heart Kitten

8,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

JULIETTESMITH

Juliette frowned slightly when he said he was planning on enlisting. 'I better not end up liking this one.' she thought to herself, trying to stop her lips from frowning. "That's pretty interesting," she told him, "a family of military men. I wouldn't know the feeling. My family is mostly business men, lawyers, and doctors." She sighed, wishing that she could be like them; however, she was pretty content with her life plan. "You don't have to enlist to find your soul mate," she told him, "silly, boy." She rolled her eyes playfully at him. "I think I'm going to Julliard in New York," she told him, "It's pretty far, but I can't just live here forever." She smiled at the thought of getting lost in New York, because with Julie it was inevitable. She looked back at him and smiled even more. "What are you thinking about to make you blush so much?" she teased him.

~Jonathan Mathews~

"It's pretty far, but..."
Juliard... she must be really good...at least what I heard before was good. Would she give me an autograph if I asked?

John found his eyes scanning the ceiling lost in thought. "...I can't just live here forever." Julie's smile captivated him. "What are you thinking about to make you blush so much?" His tongue was stuck, a smile painted across his face, John turned away trying to hide his face from her. His mind went blank. He couldn't wipe away his smile. "N-Nothing. J-just remembered a funny joke." He looked up to see her starring at him. Covering his face, John pointed ahead finally seeing the classroom coming into view. "I think we're here. Lets go inside."

Heart Kitten

8,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
align=center]User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

JULIETTESMITH

Juliette smirked at the boy. "Tell me the joke, I want to laugh so much my cheeks turn red," she told him, still with the same smirk on her face. "Unless that wasn't what you were blushing at, soldier," she teased him. She had watched enough war movies to know that each class was called by rank. At least that's what she thought. It wasn't like she was the one going into the army, right? Oh well. She looked up at the door. "You haven't gotten yourself out the hook just yet," she told him, as they walked into the classroom. "Morning, Mr. Parker," she greeted, "we have new meat." She looked back at Jonathan and smirked even wider. She headed off to her seat and waited for the teacher to do what he did best. This would have been her third year in a row with Mr Park and he was known for messing with them the first day of class with him. "Mister," Mr. Park stated, "I will only take you if you know the answer of my question, how long did Leonardo take to paint Mona Lisa's lips alone?" He face was straight, not revealing to him a sign of playfulness.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff