Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bug had managed to mop the floors and clean the toilets in record time. When she was finished, it looked immaculate and she was stationed on top of a porcelain throne fiddling with her goggles. She had them in one hand and a micro-driver in the other. Thank the Emperor for the little things...like having microscopic vision.

Hence why the head was so damn clean.

With her a** propped up in the back of the john and her legs on the closed lid, she had just the tip of her tongue sticking out of the corner of her mouth and was focusing intently on what she was doing. So much so that she was startled when she heard footsteps echoing. Her body snapped and the goggles were across her eyes in a second. Looking around she noted the tall guy. The one she had deemed creepy and stalkerish.

Once her goggles were secure and her micro-driver was back in her pocket, she hopped off the toilet with grace and walked right up to the guy. Yup. Definitely a creeper.

"Whats the password?" If he wanted to piss he was going to have to wait until the floor dried.

3,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Arcturus was holding down in the remains of some half destroyed building. He had been on the run from a squad of hostiles that had caught him by surprise as he tried to make contact with any surviving Guardsmen. His squad was gone and for some reason he vox was malfunctioning. He had just gained a small respite after using one of his precious krak grenades to knock over a half crumbled wall, dropping it between him and the heretics. He took the time to take a look at his vox system. He wasn't a techpriest but he knew a couple field fixes. Lucky it was only a lose wire which he reconnected easily. He nearly jumped when he heard the vox crackle to life. "This is Arcturus Victus of the 103rd Cadian. I'm bunkered down but under attack by a medium sized group of hostiles. I am in need of assistance. If any Guardsmen receive this, I need assistance." He finished the transmission just as he heard an explosion behind him and the enemy began swarming in. "Get some in the name of the Emperor!" he bellowed as he unloaded with his Hellgun, timing his shots as to conserve his precious ammo. Luckily one shot was all it took when hit hit what he was aiming at. In the back of his mind he was hoping someone responded to his distress, there was no where left to run.

4,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
The Vostroyan Vox Op was at it again. "Confirmed Trooper Victus, sending back up. Why in the name of the Emperor are you outside the wire? You're not scheduled to be out. I'm locking your transponder I would suggest leaving that building and heading due east. Your backup should meet you there. When you get back in the Colonel is going to want to speak to you."

A squad of the remaining Iron Guard were dispatched to assist.

3,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Arcturus was relieved when he heard a reply on the vox. "Thank the Emperor!" he exclaimed through the vox. "I'll explain upon return. Moving to rally point," he finished before laying down a quick spurt of suppressive fire giving him just enough time to escape the building. He ran east towards the rally point, cursing his ammo pack the whole time.

4,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
The Iron Guard squad showed up at the rendezvous point and set up waiting for the stormtrooper and his pursuers. Their superior marksmanship and drill would keep them in good stead here, as they had to make every shot count, and with any luck they'd get a prisoner or two to interrogate if these scum were PDF backsliders shirking their duty. "Trooper, this is Staff Sergeant Edson, we're in position just bring em to us and we'll do the rest."

3,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
"Roger Sergeant, I'm bringing the in," he replied. He was sweating buckets and his ammo pack was getting really heavy, but still he continued. Honor the Emperor in death, Honor Him more in life. That was the motto that Arcturus lived and fought by, and he would not let some dishonorable deserters bring him down. He could see the rally point, fellow Guardsmen lined up to gun down those that followed him. He dug in and put on a burst of speed, charging past the allied line.Huffing and puffing, tired as hell, but he still spun around to lay into the oncoming enemy. As soon as they showed they're traitorous faces he opened fire. Soon the air filled with the smell of burning flesh and armor.

Partying Reveler

Hearing the hectic vox conversation, he had put himself on an intercept course. As soon as he made it to the field he dropped down into a natural nook, and pumped a round into the chanmber. Finally he saw them, one comrade was attempting to out run a small horde. As soon as the man tore past where victor was crouched, he tensed waiting for the attackers. A couple of men ran by to be put on their backs by a hail of bullets, one dove to the ground in time, the victory was short lived when Kraus turned his head into a pink mist. As the buckshot tore through advancing enemies shells bounced off the ground around him. When the loader on his shotgun clicked he immediately threw his back against his cover and slammed fresh shells into it.

4,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
The Staff Sergeant bellowed and the precise volley of lasgun fire put paid to the traitors still alive. All, but one was a corpse, and again that was thanks to the precise accuracy of a Mordian rifleman. Walking over Edson grunted. "Your two... You're in deep s**t. Glory boy you better have a damn good explanation for being beyond the wire without authorization." He addressed the Stormtrooper with a withering look as he spoke. Switching his gaze to the scout he sighed. "You were supposed to not engage without backup. You're lucky the private dragged them this direction or you'd be cooked. A PDF fire team would have made a nasty mess of you... Both of you don't get the gravity of the fact we are critically short on men, ammo, and everything, but hate for each other Lets try to not make the Colonel's life any harder by you idiots getting killed and wasting ammo. "Private Kraus, collect the prisoner, we need him alive, just remember that. Back to base everyone."

Enduring Genius

"The password?"

Oh, but she was a cheeky one. Then again Guard women usually were the crass sort. 'Womanly' folk didn't tend to mix in with the lifestyle of service to the Emperor. Or if they did it was with the Sisters. Working as a nurse among the medical staff or some such. This one, however. She was amusing to the stoic Tallarn. Direct in manner and strong of personality. Definitely someone to keep an eye on for those traits alone, notwithstanding her technical skills.

"I believe it would be 'Gratitude' at this juncture."

Khasiq smirked.

"Rather than leave you stranded here at the crappers, I've spoken with the Colonel. My squad is being sent to scout out supplies for the regiment. If we find anything I've got the Colonel's word that he'll release you to us for identification and operation of whatever it is we find. And trust me, we will find something."

Bug cocked her hip to the side, placing a hand on its robust curve. "And what makes you think I'd rather be out with you than right here where I can kick back and get a nap? If your eyes hadn't noticed by now, there is nothing wrong with my head at this moment so that up tight, rainbow farter who calls himself our colonial couldn't have a single complaint. That allows me to relax and do absolutely nothing until he comes to his senses and walks down here begging for my forgiveness on bended knee. Right here on this nice clean latrine floor." She looked down to emphasize the point before looking up.

"You find something and you bring it to me. That's how I work. I don't go out in the field unless there is a promise of blowing things up. And from my research, since I get to peek around every once in a while, you don't need my medical skills because you have a medic on standby." she walked up right into his personal bubble and stood up to her tip toes. "So what's this really about Corporal?"

Enduring Genius

Hmm.

She really was something. Not in a good way. Not a bad way. In an interesting way. It was a third-person, uninvolved, detached perspective reserved to a very specific type of individual. A type that Khasiq fulfilled. He had to see things from a very objective perspective and viewed this Guardswoman from that perspective. Strong-willed didn't even begin to describe it. She seemed almost foolishly childish in her outlook and expectations. It was absurd, really.

It was also refreshingly honest.

"Now I think, in your haste you've forgotten something. Two somethings, in fact."

Khasiq turned on his heel, presenting his back to the woman who would have to many others been far too close for comfort.

"One, our esteemed Colonel is not the apologizing sort. But moments after you departed a Commissar attempted precisely what you are, granted a bit more... brashly. He is dead now."

The Tallarn began to walk away from the latrines.

"And two, if I had a hidden agenda involving you in any way, why would I tell it to you?"

For just a moment, the blue in her hair matched the blue in her face. Creepy to a whole new level. Hidden agenda? She had been just pulling his leg. But...ew. she shivered and looked back to the head. All of them. Spotless.

"When you find something lemme know! If it's got mechanical parts I can fix it. If it's got...partially alive parts I can patch it. Just, bring it to me. OH!" She jogged over, careful of the wet spots. It was obvious she had extensive physical combat training by the simple way she moved, more so than would be usual for a female guardsman. "and if you happen to come across one of these," she whipped out her customized laspistol and pointed to a flick-switch she'd installed on it, "bring the entire weapon would you?" With a pat to his shoulder, she skipped back to the stall she'd been sitting on and popped back up there.

"And just for the record, you are sooo not my type so any hidden agenda you've got, swallow it buddy and use some antiseptic spray."

Beloved Regular

Faust stood in the belly of the downed Atlus. Opening the vox channel he spoke finally, "Estimated chance of survival hovers at twenty four and seven tenths of a percent. You have angered your machine spirits. Forward operations base is in sight." Faust moved with a fluid motion that was unusual for the Adeptus Mechanicus Tech priests. His multiple servo arms moved, their scanners taking in information from around the area. The vox was silenced as Faust's Mind Impulse Unit sent out signals from his brain to the destroyed technology around him "These machine spirits scream in agony. The Machine God will be most displeased. two multiplied by ten to the negative thirty one power these machines will be reclaimed."

Enduring Genius

"Believe me, you'll hear if we find anything. We won't be the ones bringing anything back, mind. Scouting means staying in the field. We'll report in by vox. Maybe squads will be dispatched to gather what we find. Maybe major pushes to overtake any caches and entrench around them. Maybe the Colonel will send you like I suggested."

Eccentric about her work. Such emotional attachment was likely the reason she was not a part of the Mechanics. The tech-priests were not the most enthusiastic bunch amongst the legions of the Emperor's warriors. No, she barely fit in among relatively normal men, let alone machine-men.

As for her other comment.

"Your type doesn't concern me or my... agendas. Whatever they may be."

The Tallarn smirked, not having broken stride throughout the brief exchange.

Bug actually snorted as she pulled her goggles off once again. "Good because you are weird." Removing the micro-driver from her pocket again, she used the dim illumination of the light above her had to start re-fiddling.

Truth be known, Bug would rather be running the salvage mission. she would be able to tell immediately what could and could not be used and even gather samples for testing to start making medicines. she hadn't been on the world long but she knew her priorities. If it came right down to it, Burnadette would put aside her mechanics for finding ways to keep their medicines in supply, foods to eat from this world and start finding things that could be used for weapons such as bombs. Their people were so limited however that having her out in the field where anything could happen wasn't the best idea.

She might not be totally useful, but if push came to shove she was higher up on the command food chain then she let on and she might be needed to fill a hole left by someone.

Emperor forbid that ever happen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces