Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Lover

User ImageRini jumped violently when the man she was hanging onto slammed the bartender's face into the bar. What surprised her even more was that nobody in the room moved to help him. Instead, they briefly stopped what they were doing to turn and look at him, then immediately went back to what they were doing. Sure, she knew this was a bad part of town, but she hadn't figured it would be THIS bad. Normally, the bartender is someone who everyone knows and likes for the most part. Then again, nobody probably wanted to ******** with the man that had committed the act. He was huge.

Rini slid off of the bar stool, wincing when pain rocketed up her leg, nearly crippling her and effectively chasing off her drunken stupor. Ignoring her pain, she followed him outside, feigning her stumbling as drunkenness instead of what it really was. Once outside, she slumped against the outside of the bar, hands gripping her thigh just above the now dark splotch on her jeans. Pale, she looked up at her savior. "People are after me. I think they want to kill me... But I don't know why." She touched the large lump on her head, making her wince with pain. It still hurt pretty bad even after a few days. "I've been on the run for a few days now."

Hilarious Genius

User Image

It's cold outside in the middle of the winter
and my brain's in the fridge
Point things in the better

`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸. ¤* Billy.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´

Billy examined the girl closely as she spoke. She certainly looked like someone was after her. the nervousness in her voice and the general anxious body posture told him that she believed what she was saying. Then again, alcoholics often thought that people were after them. Paranoia was a common side effect of addiction. That's when he noticed the dark spot on her jeans. She had been injured at some point, so that lent some credit to her story. So why did tell him? How did she know that he wouldn't be after whatever bounty was posted on her head? Did she even know who he was?

"Even if what you are saying is true, what do you want me to do about it? I'm not a cop." Billy asked as he leaned over to get a closer look at her leg. The bandage was soaked through, which meant that whatever injured her was likely still in there causing problems. He was surprised she survived walking around on this thing. "You need to get this patched up kid. Go to the hospital, file a report, and stay out of this part of town. You'll be fine."

I'm lucky if I even give in to the sin
And it's all been luck until now
Caught in the race of up to down

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Romantic Lover

User ImageRini sighed, "I don't want a cop. Cops are trouble." She shrugged and squeezed a little harder. She had made sure that the bullet was out, but she hadn't been able to properly close the wound, so it kept reopening whenever she strained it too much. She struggled to focus on him, her vision becoming dark and blotchy. She needed to get her leg taken care of before she contracted gangrene or fainted from blood loss.

"I can't go to the hospital... I don't know where to go, and I feel like they would be even more troublesome than the police station..." Rini frowned, confusion crossing her face. She didn't know why she wanted to avoid such obvious places. "I think it might be because the people who are chasing me will be waiting for me in those areas..." Faint flashes of information flooded through her mind, reassuring her dislike for both of those institutions. "And stop calling me kid. I'm not a kid."

Rini tilted her head, pausing in her conversation. There was a rucus coming from inside the bar. “I think a fight has st—“ The door burst open and out flew the bartender, a gun in his hand, making Rini jump when the door slammed against the wall right next to her.
“You b***h!” He exclaimed and pointed the gun at her, a little too close for Rini’s comfort. “Give me what you owe me.” He stepped closer, making Rini glare at him and stand up straight.
“I owe you a favor, nothing more.”
“You owe me your bo—“ Before he could even finish, Rini’s hand jerked forward, grabbed the gun and pointed it up. The bullet rocketed into the night sky, loud and unhappy. Jerking it to the side, she broke his finger with a loud crack and a cry of pain. She then jerked it to herself, pressed the magazine release, then backhanded the bartender with his own gun all in one move. She hit him so hard he hit the ground, unconscious in a pool of blood from a broken nose and a wound from hitting his head on the ground. Rini tossed the gun to the ground, then turned to the man who she hoped would help her. “I can’t go to the police…” With that, she swayed, her vision growing black. The wound on her thigh had finally gotten to her thanks to the adrenaline rush and the amount of weight that she’d just put on it. Her knees buckled and she tipped forward, unconscious.

Hilarious Genius

User Image

Billy caught the girl as she started to fall. The damn bartender just had to come out and start some trouble, but she handled herself pretty well. He probably wouldn't be sexually assaulting anyone in the near future, so there was that. Funny as it was, it now left him with a very unconscious young female in his arms with a bloodied unconscious male body next to him. He needed to get out of here before the trouble that was coming arrived. She wouldn't last here though. She was unconscious, and best case scenario she would be able to limp away before this man woke up, but then she'd likely find herself in another bar getting herself into situations like this all over again.

There was only one thing to do. Billy lifted the girl over his shoulder and walked to his car. Outside, the streets were deserted and dark, save the yellow glow of the streetlamps reflecting on the damp cobblestones. He arrived at his temporary apartment ninety minutes later. He got out, trotted up the steps, and punched the correct code into the keypad lock; he heard a soft buzz, then a click, and the latch opened under his hand. There was no one home, of that he was certain--or mostly certain. Even so, with his SC pistol at his side he searched the apartment's two floors. The decor and furnishings had been chosen straight from a hotel supply catalogue: comfortable but without personality. On the second floor he found a similarly furnished office. One wall was dominated by a fifty-inch LCD television monitor. Sitting on the dark cherry desk, on a leather blotter, was what looked like a standard telephone. He placed the girl gently on the bed and examined her wound. The bandage wrapped around it was completely soaked, and the jeans were beyond worthless at this point. While he was no doctor, he had more then enough experience with battlefield medicine to patch up this wound. Grabbing some scissors from a nearby first aid pack, he checked one more time to see if she had awoken before cutting the bandage and the jeans around the wound. "You're gonna be just fine kid." He said as he began cleaning and stitching the wound, even though he knew she couldn't hear him.

Romantic Lover

User Image
-----Timeskip-----

Rini stirred, groaning. She felt awful, like she'd been hit by a truck. Maybe she had. She couldn't remember too much about the night before. All she recalled was wandering into a bar, asking for shots, and going outside with some man she'd never talked to before. "Ugh," she groaned and sat up, curious eyes glancing around her. Where was she? She wasn't home... Was she? Not like she'd know at the current moment if she was home or not.

The walls were plain, as was everything in the room. They lacked a homely feel, making her think that this was just a temporary abode. 'When you move around, don't bring things that can tie you back to the place. You'll get caught that way.' A male voice echoed in her head, making Rini frown. She didn't recognize it or remember where it came from. If she concentrated, she felt as if she were right on the edge of remembering who it was. It was someone important... But... Who? After a few moments, the feeling faded, along with the voice, leaving her feeling strangely empty and unhappy. She curled up on the bed, pulling her legs up and putting her head on her knees.

It was so disheartening that she came so close to remembering, but wasn't strong enough to grasp the ledge and pull herself over. Rini felt like she was scaling the inside of an impossibly high canyon, but every time she came close to the top, about to pull herself back into the land of memories and joy, she slipped and fell back farther than she'd been the first time.

Getting up, she stretched, making a pinching feeling in her thigh. Rini frowned and leaned down to inspect the bloody hole in her jeans. The wound in her leg was currently stitched up. Sure, the job wasn't the best in the world, but it was a helluva lot better than having a gaping hole there. Standing, she limped into the hallway, careful not to tear any of the stitches out.

She wandered through the empty and bare house until reaching the kitchen. When she did, her stomach gave an embarrassingly loud growl, making Rini blush. She was glad that the man from the night before, who she was supposing took her here, wasn't around to hear the sound.

Hilarious Genius

User Image

Billy was awoken by the cricket chirp of his iPhone. Having set the ringtone to match only one incoming number, he knew the alert meant visitors had arrived. He checked the time: 11:15 A.M. He sat up in bed and looked around, momentarily confused by his surroundings--the by-product of moving around so much. The decor and layout of these safe houses tended to blur together.

The night before, Billy had planted a homemade motion detector around building: the tremble sensor from a vehicle's antitheft GPS tracker wired to a prepaid cell phone. The tremble sensor was buried beneath the doormat near the bottom of the stairs, and the cell phone buried against the wall a few feet away, its antenna jutting up among some weeds. Lacking the technological edge that working for ASIS had provided, Billy had, during the last year, become a fair inventor.

Having adopted the habit of sleeping in his clothes, he had only to grab his rucksack and head for his vantage point on the second floor. From his rucksack he withdrew his EOS 1D Mark III. He powered up the Canon, and brought the viewfinder up to his eye. He scanned the courtyard. Standing so still was the figure that he passed it twice before he realized what he was seeing. Japanese, medium build, shaved head--in his mid-twenties, too young to be bald. An aesthetic choice. Billy zoomed in, switched the selector to burst mode, and pressed the shutter button. He stayed focused on the man, waiting to see if he was smoking or waiting for someone, but for a full two minutes the man stayed stock-still. Disciplined. The man had "operator" written all over him. Billy moved on, scanning deeper into the courtyard. There were too many trees. If he was right about the Japanese guy, there would be others. This one was covering the northern entrance to the courtyard. Would he have partners at the west and south entrances? Time to move. Moving with exaggerated slowness, Billy backed away from the window and moved to the room that he had left the girl, intending to wake her up and question her about the guest watching their safe house.

It took him another five minutes before he found the girl in the kitchen, standing in the doorway with stomach making loud noises. "Good morning, kid. Do you recognize this man?" He asked as he brought up one of the photos on his Canon. If he wasn't one of her friends then they were likely to have serious problems in the near future.

Romantic Lover

User Image
Rini whirled around, ready to fight, her muscles tight and her body ready to absorb any blows that were coming her way. Lucky for her, the man behind her wasn't looking to kill her. Though, her reaction left her confused and wary. Just what kind of life was she living that would make her react to another human being in such a way. In just the few seconds that he'd walked in, a myriad of murder methods had flown through her head. It made her sick. He was here to help her... Or at least she hoped so. He didn't seem to want to kill her.

Rini glared at him. She hated being called kid, but she conceded and looked at the camera, getting close enough for her shoulder to brush his arm and her hair to drift over his forearm. "I... I don't know." Rini looked up at him apologetically, her eyes wide with fear. She resembled a deer caught in headlights: completely terrified, but unable to really do anything about her situation. The only thing she knew to do was run.

"What are we going to do?" Rini's voice sounded all business and no play or worry, but it was just a mask. Her tone surprised even herself, let alone what it was probably doing to the man holding the Canon. Speaking of which, she didn't know his name. Frowning, she stared up at him, still a bit too close. Rini racked her brain, trying to remember if he'd told her his name the night before. She didn't think he had.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff