Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Browser

1,950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Corinne blushed, hesitating a moment before she allowed Connor to take her book "Careful it's very old, the pages are brittle" She said softly and smiled at Hjalmar, outight giggling as the bear climbed up onto her "I'm glad you like it..." Tentatively she took her book back from Connor and placed it back in her pouch carefully. She sighed a little bit "I need a new book to write in, this one's nearly full."

bobloon's Waifu

Interstellar Snowflake

12,075 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
She handed him the note, saying nothing. She didn't need to. Her sobs were proof of her pain, her betrayal and lost family. She sobbed into her hands.
Percy read the note over as Connor and Tarlof looked up from their respective female companions. Ylva had already gone over and read the note. She gave the girl a brief squeezed on the shoulder before settling to ready her supplies for the journey she was sure was to come.

The Sparrow went to the two and read the note quickly. He looked at Liz, feeling a mix of emotions that terrified him--anger, pity, empathy, sorrow, and something that was like frothing hash of jealousy, contempt, and a perverse sense of happiness, a sort of "Ha. Now you know how I feel." The feeling made his guts roil. He turned to head to the door once more, but a chest and pair of arms intercepted him. Connor stood already, but Tarlof had reached the boy first, folding him into a tight embrace and kissing his head.

The two young men looked at one another for a brief moment before Tarlof said, "We'll be back." The Bear took the time traveler by the hand, leading him out in a course around the streets to look for any clues on his brother's disappearance. And maybe some other things as well, he thought to himself, tightening his hold on the smaller hand.

"I will return shortly as well," Connor stated, looking at Corinne and nodding to her before heading off. He made a stop at a goods store, tucking the new journal beneath his shirt before heading after the two men.

"Are you stalking them? Good Lord, you are! You're stalking them!" Shaun shouted to Kase, though if the boxer heard him, he gave no sign. Well, no sign except the tension in his fists, the grit of his teeth, his lips pulled back into a snarl. "Are you bloody mental?"

Partying Citizen

10,125 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
"Federico, no quiero oír eso. Por favor," she squeezed his hand tightly, "Hablaremos más tarde. Justo ahora--" she let his hand go and covered her mouth before heading out to the side of the tavern.

"Just wait until she starts sending you out to get food at ungodly hours." Joe patted the Preacher's back. He then leaned over to say something in the man's ear.
Federico rolled his eyes and went outside. He hugged the Spanish woman tight and pecked her cheek, "Sea seguro."

Hjalmar chuffed at the wolf hound and then looked up at Corinne, nosing her cheek and cuddling on to the woman more. Wuffles groaned and trotted over to Elizabeth, nosing her side a bit to get up. He pawwed at her side, "I think he wants you to get ready to head out." said Percy as he helped her up.

"Or he needed some fresh air from all the doom and gloom,"said Desmond as he looked from the screen to his cousin then back to the screen, "Nah. He's definitely stalking them."

bobloon's Waifu

Interstellar Snowflake

12,075 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
She looked at the dog, who nudged at her. She patted him, then walked outside with the hound and Percy... still covered in mud.
"I'm sorry I just left.." she told him.

Dedicated Browser

1,950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Corinne blinked, but nodded at Connor "okay." She replied and smiled as Hjalmar nosed her and cuddled into her some more, she couldn't help but cheer up a little as the bear cuddled more into her, she felt like she was a kid again, playing with the animals that came in and out of her village, one had been a baby bear not 2 summers old...

(Prepare for a flashback)

6 year old Corinne sat outside her hut she shared with her brother and sister, mother and father. She was playing with a stick that had a tuft of thick grey wolf's fur attached to it and playing with a mountain lion cub that had wandered into camp alone. It had been there for a few days now and no mother was around so the village had sort of adopted the little cub as a pet. It was well taken care of and was treated kindly. The little cub gave a playful growl and pounced on the toy. Corinne giggled happily, blinking as a small bear cub wandered into the camp, looking around with rather intelligent eyes. Standing, Corinne gave the little kit a pet then walked over to the bear and knelt by it. It looked at her almost warily, then realized it was in no danger. So it allowed Corinne to pet it. "Ohkwari.." She whispered quietly and gave it another pet before sending it on its way.

--End Flashback--

Corinne came out of her memories, still petting Hjalmar tenderly, she had a fondness for bears, she knew how dangerous they could be, but if treated kindly they were very gentle."I wonder if I'll ever see that one again.." She mused thoughtfully, leaning back and relaxing. Blinking as water was placed before her by a bar maid in a pitcher, a glass followed shortly afterward. She gave a nod of thanks and poured herself a glass. She wondered where Connor and them had gone, but decided not to think about it too much.
The two men made a complete circuit of the city, or so it seemed. Lex tried to orient himself, determine where Harlem was, where Brooklyn lay, where his home would be from their current position. This only suceeded in making his head spin. He leaned against Tarlof as the man led him around. The Sparrow was almost asleep on his feet when he was startled to wakefulness by the slats of a wooden wall pressing to his back, the Creek man's arms wrapped tightly around him.

"Tarlof?"

Connor watched the two, though he wasn't entirely sure why, hidden behind the corner of a building. The Bear continued to encircle the boy with his arms, his lips pressed to his head. His chin tilted up, lips against his cheeks and nose and brow, settling briefly atop his closed eyes.

bobloon's Waifu

Interstellar Snowflake

12,075 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The bear sat up, looking at his cub sobbing. He walked over, and nuzzled her cheek, as if telling her everything was going to be alright. She patted his head, and walked over to Corinne.

"This seat taken?" she asked.

Partying Citizen

10,125 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
"You ladies have five minutes to chat, and only five minutes." said Alma as she helped Ylva with the packing. "We have lots of ground to cover and clues to look for." She rolled her eyes as Night Stalker took another shot, "Joe."

"This is my last one I swear to Drunk," he grinned at the woman and downed a couple more. "Now if you will excuse meeeeee." he picked up Percy, hooking his arm with his, "We will catch up with the others."

"Why do I have to go with you?" he asked then yelped when Wuffles had caught up with them, grabbing on to the younger man's foot.

"Shut up before I feed you to the bear-- ah there they are! TINY DOCTOR! ANGRY BEAR! SLIGHTLY ANNOYED WOLF!"
A man covered from head to toe in darken cloths,a mask and a eye patch enters the bar and takes a seat at a table near Corrine. The only thing that tells others around him that he's human was his only revealing eye looking around constantly, as if searching for someone.

(It's my first post for the rp so sorry if it isn't very good one to start with)

Dedicated Browser

1,950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Corinne gave a blink of surprise as a woman came over, she tilted her head and simply shrugged "Not taken." She replied, hoping her English wasn't too bad. To be honest she wasn't very good at the other's languages, Corinne was much more comfortable speaking her native tongue. A smile appeared on her face. She had a little bit of company which was quite welcome, but she felt a little awkward. She took another sip of water, narrowing her eyes distrustfully at the male that sat nearby. She shifted uncomfortably in her chair, but didn't say anything. Instead she sat there quietly.
Tarlof groaned and pulled away, looking at Joe and Percy. As he pulled back, Skandar slipped away, heading back toward the bar. Connor couldn't help the slight sense of triumph he felt at seeing the Sparrow go ahead of them. Grabbing Joe and Tarlof, he headed after him, Wuffles bounding along between them and giving excited barks.

When they reached the bar again, they found someone else had joined their little group. Letting out a heavy breath, the young man gripped the hilt of his kilij until his knuckles shone white.

"Bas," was hissed through his teeth as he strode toward the others. "Bas, bas, bas, bas!" He stepped before the cloaked man, staring him in the one eye that was not covered by a patch. From what little he could see of the man's face--a dark eye and a patch of dark skin around it--he was dark skinned, darker than himself, darker than the Native man by the door.

He continued in the Arabic he had fallen into, "Safety and peace be upon you. I am Skandar Tazim, son of Yusuf Tazim of Istanbul and brother to Behlil Niloglu, Master and Mentor of the Assassin Order. State your business with us." He forced himself to repeat the message in Italian, then German, following that up with Spanish and, at last, a very heavily accented translation to French. He was not going to repeat it in English for all and sundry to understand. "La sécurité et la paix soit sur vous. Je suis Skandar Tazim, fils de Youssouf Tazim d'Istanbul et le frère de Behlil Niloglu, maître et mentor émérite de l'Ordre des Assassins. Indiquez vos affaires avec nous."
".......Mon nom est Léon smith" Leon replies first in French before continuing in Spanish. "mi propósito es matar a los enemigos de los demás por el precio correcto" He than stares directly into Skandar's eyes before speaking again in German" Ich habe zu dir kommen, weil der Geschichten, die ich zu Ihrer Bestellung gehört habe unterwegs viel von der Welt." He then looks around at the people who just came in before then switches to Italian. "Vi posso promettere che io sono più forte e diverso rispetto a molti dei miei simili che troverete qui in questa "America" ​​che gli schiavi molti call." Then then looks back at Skandar then speaks in English. "Is it normal for people in this new world to speak everything in different tongues?.....or can we just stick to one of them?"

(Everything he just said in ENGLISH."My name is Leon smith. My purpose is to kill the enemies of others for the right price. I have come to you because of the stories I've heard about your order. Traveling much of the world.I promise you that I am stronger and different than many of my fellow men that you will find here in this "America" ​​that many call the slaves. Is it normal for people in this new world to speak everything in different tongues?.....or can we just stick to one of them?"
"Vous pouvez m'appeler Moineau," stated the Sparrow, his teeth grinding as the man finally finished his diatribe. "Comme vous avez répondu d'abord en français, je suppose que c'est votre langue préférée. Si vous voulez être l'un d'entre nous, novice, ne savent pas que nous faisons ça pour l'argent, si les gens peuvent nous payer pour notre travail. Nous devons croire. Nous sommes une fraternité. Et en ce moment l'un de nos frères - mon frère - qui manque et nous sommes à sa recherche. Nous allons de Bagdad sur l'Hudson. Et nous n'allons pas ralentir si vous êtes à la traîne." He turned as if to leave, only to spin around, the kilij ringing from its sheath. He stopped the blade an inch from the man's bobbing Adam's apple, glaring down it at him.

"Know this," he hissed in English, "those men you've mocked just now are different from you as well. This land already changes them. There will be great men come from them. You..." He lowered the sword. "You have not made yourself a great man yet." Slipping it back into its sheath and striding passed the others to the door. "Mount up. We ride."

"And what do we do about our blonde friend back there on the floor?" Ylva asked blandly as she went to her horse.

"Let Hjalmar finish eating him."

((You may call me Sparrow. As you answered first in French, I'll assume that's your preferred tongue. If you want to be one of us, novice, know that we do not do this for money, though people may pay us for our work. We have a Creed. We are a Brotherhood. And right now one of our brothers--my brother--is missing and we're looking for him. We're going to the Bagdad on the Hudson. And we'll not slow down if you get left behind.))

Partying Citizen

10,125 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
"Finally." said Alma as she handed a bag to Corrine and Elizabeth, "And you both heard him loud and clear, stay close." She followed both women out the door, "Come on Night Stalker." The mentioned Englishman was in the corner talking, and most likely scaring the poor man with all his talk about some Coblet of Fire.

"I got him," grumbled Tarlof as he went over and grabbed the man's arm and dragged him out.

"HJALMAR IS GOING TO EAT ME!" The actual bear tilted his head to one side when his name was mentioned, Eat the man in the funny hat? Why would I do that? he chuffed and waddled after him out after them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff