Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lex nodded and took a seat with his back to the woman, allowing her to strip him to the waist. The bullet hadn't penetrated far, but he could feel a bruise and soreness where it had struck his back. He sighed as he ran a hand through his bangs, which had fallen over his father's headband.

"How's it look? Will Behlil tear into me for letting my guard down?"

Ratohnhaké:ton looked up at the words, his eyes finding the boy where he sat across the little camp they'd set up for the night. The Wolf sat cooking their meal, his mind turning over the day's events.

She wants to kiss me? His eyes turned to the woman, hard and cold. He looked away. He had not given her an answer and would not give her one anytime soon. Stupid child, was the first thing that had flashed through his mind to say to her after she'd spoken, what do you think this is? Some kind of game?

His eyes fell on the Sparrow again. His fingers trembled slightly as he turned the spit; he edged a little further from the fire. What was it that I felt before? He'd turned the moment over and over again in his mind, the sudden urge he'd felt to gather the smaller man into his arms and hold him tight to his chest. Not only that. His eyes shifted to the fire. He stood and nodded to Alma, letting her prepare the rest as he made their sleeping places ready for the night. No, it's not as if I only had the urge to hold him.

bobloon's Waifu

Interstellar Snowflake

12,075 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Scotswoman set up her camp away from the others, feeling unentitled of sleeping so near him. That look he gave her after she asked haunted her, a cold and unforgiving stare.

She sat on her mat, her back towards the others. I'm so stupid, I bet he hates me. she thought, sighing softly. She looked at Ylva looking at Lex's back, and realized he was wounded, from the shooter that Alma had cut down before the man could reload.

"Is he okay?" she asked the Swedish woman.

Partying Citizen

10,125 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
Alma jumped and aimed her crossbow towards the bushes behind Connor, only to lower it when the wolf hound happily trotted out and towards Ylva, placing a dead rabbit at her feet. Wuffles then licked his chops before shoving his head into Lex's lap.

"Aww, would you look at that," said Alma as she finished preparing the their meal, "He got a lot farther than someone I know."

"Alma..."

"Ratohnhaké:ton, I was talking about Tarlof."
Ylva inspected the sparrow's shoulder closely. "No flesh seems to be torn. Seems you are as lucky as your siblings are." With more care than usual she applied a cooling salve made from deer fat and several herbs on the young man's shoulder and bandaged it loosely. "So it will stop hurting soon. And those bastards are hard to spot, even the most watchful oversee them. Don't ask me which of your brother's bodyparts I had to free from bullets and shrapnel."
Ylva cleaned her hands with an old cloth. Till then she hadn't spared the Scottish Assassin one glance.

"And now to you." Ylva took a deep breath. Diplomacy never had been her strong side, but she had promised Connor and Alma not be so volatile on the novices anymore. And although this woman seemed to be a full fledged Assassin by her attire she was not much more than a Novice to be judged from her deeds.
"I will say this to you only one time. This is not anything from a romatic novel for spoilt young brats. In a situation where your allies are being shot at one does not keep one's head high in the air and imagines how to get someone onto one's side of the bed." Normally people were rather shocked when Ylva spoke thus openly, but she had the feeling that another language wouldn't be understood. "I don't care whatever you do, when there aren't our enemy's bullets flying around us. If it pleases you can take a whole regiment to share your bed with. But as long as there is no time for that, you will carry out your duties like anyone else. Or straight away home you go."
Then she added, "And the wolf isn't someone who bears a grudge for a long while. When we met the first time I almost shot him and now we get along rather well. Behave like the grown up woman you are and do what needs to be done. Then you will find acceptance with all of us. And I guess that was a long enough sermon for now. Think about what I said."
Then she turned at took what looked like a round tin box out of her provision bag which smelled strongly of frshly ground coffee.
"If one of them was something unmentionable, I'll ask him myself how that happened," Lex said, laughing softly. A small smile curled up his lips as he breathed in the smell of coffee grounds. "Ach, das ist Himmel. Save me some?" The woman nodded, taking the rabbit the wolfhound offered as the large canine flopped down in front of her with a very happy expression on his face. Standing, he stretched out his legs and arms slowly and looked around as he popped his back.

Tilting his head, he saw then that the tall Native was perched high in a tree near to the camp. Moving away from the fire, he began to climb. It wasn't easy going; the bark was slick. Step by step, he gripped a branch and used his hookblade to propel himself up to the next one until he was hanging beneath Connor like an overlarge sloth. Hooking his heels around the branch, the Sparrow twisted until he was sitting upright in front of the Kanien'keha:ka man.

"Cold up here."

"Mm."

"I mean, balls to the wall cold." No answer this time, no matter the minutes he waited. "I think I might be going through reverse puberty, man, they're so far up my--" The sideways look that was shot his way stalled his tongue. Gulping, his mouth suddenly dry, Lex watched as the man lifted a hand. A thumb pressed softly to his lips. He nodded slightly. The thumb brushed against his chapped lips, the other fingers tickling the stubbled underside of his chin as the large hand drew away from his face.

((Oh, that's Heaven.))

bobloon's Waifu

Interstellar Snowflake

12,075 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
She looked at Ylva, and accepted defeat. "Yes, ma'am." she said, bowing her head and sat back down. Give respect to gain respect, her father told her.

After thinking about what Ylva said, she stood, as if to move her camp. "I'm going for a walk to clear my head." she said, grabbing the Claymore from Lex's bag and sliding it onto her back. "I'll be back, I promise."

Partying Citizen

10,125 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
Alma gave Elizabeth a look and watched her leave, "Did she just go through Skandar's bag? She is a woman, no? That is the very first rule! Do not go through anyone's bag regardless of your items being in there!" she threw her hands up before rubbing her temples "Ella es tan idiota..."
Ylva handed her a mug of her strong coffee, while the hare sat roasting on the fire. "Let her. If she runs into anything with sharp teeth it is better thus. She should know where the pointy end goes. Reprimands will be received soon enough. Enjoy the meal while it's still warm, sister."
Then she looked up, and said a little louder, "And if the wolf who likes to climb on trees wishes to eat tonight he should leave his beloved tree. Same for the hedgehog's sibling."
Ratohnhaké:ton looked down at the boy's upturned face, who was looking at him with an expression somewhere between shock and laughter, and smiled, pushing him gently out of the tree. Landing in the snow beside him, the two returned to the fire for their share of the meal. Once the coffee was drunk to the dregs and the bones of the animal picked clean of the meat, some cracked open for the marrow, the Wolf set the plates aside to be cleaned and looked for his sleeping roll.

He found it beside the Sparrow's, Skandar already curled up on his side, back to the fire. Ratohnhaké:ton climbed carefully over him and laid down within his own roll. Putting an arm around him, he drew him close and watched the activity of the women until the fire was finally banked and the others seemed to be asleep.

Lex squirmed as he felt something wet on his cheek, then his ear. Startling awake, he tried to start his Night Vision, but nothing came. He remembered then the explosion with the Apple in Rome. Sighing, he squinted into the darkness ahead of and above him, finally able to pick out the shape of the man pecking at him by the light of the moon and the stars and the dim glow from the fire.

"What's up?" he whispered, realizing then from the growing cold and puffs of white leaving his mouth that it was snowing. Connor pressed a hand to his head silently, pulling him back down against his chest. Nestling down into the taller man's warmth, the Sparrow blinked as he felt lips press to his cheek. Lowering his now warmer head, he settled close as he was able and tried to think of warm things as he drifted off again.
User Image

spread out your wings and learn to fly

Geovane sighed heavily, annoyed by the steady trotting of the horse he had taken from a Boston home. The thought of the deed didn't phase him, as he had done much worse during his time in the middle east searching for another of his earlier targets. It seemed that time stood still to him untill the cold night air finally awoke him, though the horse had been walking the whole time following the road. He shook his head, frustrated with himself. 'If I had not woken up I could have been robbed or killed, all before I succesfully completed my mission.' The thought rang in his head like an off chord with no type of release only tension. He cringed. Just the thought of failure was enough to make Geovane fall off the horse, which he almost did. Stroking the side of the horses neck he gently tugged on the reins, stopping the horse and stepping off. Though it was indeed a ways away he could see New york, another days travel by foot. To him it seemed safer to continue without the use of a stolen horse. He untied his bag from the saddle and smacked the behind of the horse hard as it ran off. He smiled as he rubbed his now sore hand.
Geovane continued down the road fro some time untill he came across a farm house of some kind. He stayed hiddena nd watched the place for about an hour or so before moving closer. Finding that it was empty he sat in a corner where he could not be seen and there were no windows nearby. He began digging for what was left of the dry salted meat he had brought with him, rotten or not it was going to be eaten. Lucky enough it wasn't and with a small smile under his mask he inhaled what was left before curling into a ball in the corner with his bag and drifting to sleep for the night.

to a new world, to a new world...
With: A horse
Feeling: Frustrated
Thoughts: I hate this place.
Out Of Commentary:

bobloon's Waifu

Interstellar Snowflake

12,075 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
She walked away from the dim of the fire, swiftly (and painstaking) loading a flintlock pistol, which took the woman 3 minutes to do so. There was an odd muffling of the senses, brought on by the sudden snowfall perhaps, her breath thick and white in the air before her face as she looked around at the still landscape.

Something was watching her, and she turned to see a tall rocky ledge, as if it was a tall throne. Standing on the edge, was a bear. The snow drifted a little from the beasts' body and it gave him the appearance of having been sitting out in the cold for a while, as if waiting for some victim to brave the cold. Someone like her.

She felt no need to kill the beast; it studied her with polite eyes... Eyes she'd seen before.

Partying Citizen

10,125 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
Hjalmar sniffed the air around her and fell back to a sit. He chuffed and pawed at his nose. He stared at her for a moment longer before getting up and burying his head in her belly, pushing her and nudging her back from where she came.

He grunted and pushed again. The bear gave up with pushing and took a mouthful of her coat and gave it a tug for her to follow him back to the camp site.
The bear succeeded in dragging the woman back to camp, promptly releasing her at the edge and waddling over to lie down with Ylva and Wuffles, cleaning his pup contentedly before resting himself for the night.

The first of the birds began to stir and chirp as morning came. Hearing the birdsong, Skandar groaned and wormed his head down further onto the pillow he'd made for himself in the night. Blinking, he frowned. Why's it so dark? He found the reason quickly enough; the blanket was over his head. But why...? He blinked again, then stared...and stared...and stared some more. Oh, for the love of Christ, what was I dreaming about to make this happen?

"Comfortable?" The Sparrow jumped as cold hit him, the blanket pulled up from his head. Shielding his eyes, the smaller man blinked until they were adjusted. The tall Native was looking at him with a raised eyebrow and a half-smirk, as if wondering just what he'd been dreaming about to get into such a position as well.

"Your lap's big enough to be a body pillow. Of course I'm comfortable. Put that blanket back down and I'll be even more comfortable than I am right now." Sighing, Lex propped himself up on an elbow, his back and neck popping. Ooh, that felt nice. He sighed again as Connor reached down and took him by the arm, lifting him and setting him upright against his chest.

bobloon's Waifu

Interstellar Snowflake

12,075 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
She awoke to the tingle of birdsong, and stood up in her bed, stretching in her corset. The snow had settled over the camp, and it seemed Lex had gotten himself in a situation with Connor. She sighed, as if accepting she had no chance with the Native.

She undid her hair, which fell to her waist, lush and smooth. She did it back up, and started to pack up her bag for the travel to New York.

Just ignore him, Liz. she told herself mentally. He's not worth it, you know that.
Ylva had washed cleared her face with some of the snow and tight her short black hair into what hardly could be called a pony-tail. She smiled when Hjalmar pawed at her side to greet her.
"Good morning, old man." She pettet the soft fur between his ears.
Then the bear moved over to where the Scottish woman was sitting and watched her, tilting his head as if he was pondering something.
Ylva could hear a little shriek that made her turn and she couldn't help smiling when she saw that the bear decided to be more cuddly than usual and licked over Liz's face , petting her with his paws.
"Hjalmar has found a liking in you. Seems after fetching you from the woods, he decided to adopt you. Feel honoured. He doesn't do that with everyone."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff