Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The lights clicked on, Jack rolled over.
"Reveille, everybody up!" The "senior" Private First Class called out. Jack had shown up late last night, the only person who knows he's here was the private that was standing fire watch inside the squad bay.
Squadbay 1116, Twentynine Palms in New California. This small unit was made up of newly joined marines. Moslty privates, and a few PFCs awaiting a unit to be sent to, Jack called it BOOT purgatory. One PFC, who Jack had now crowned King Boot had been here the longest, so that made him in charge.
(BOOT is an acronym for Marines just out of boot camp, Barely Out Of Training.)
This PFC had a high pitched nasaly voice, Jack grit his teeth every time he heard him speak. The squad bay Jack now resides will be only temporary, until his orders come through for his transfer. He finished up his sentence in the brig, and yesterday finally finished his Non Judicial Punishment, as far as being in the military is concerned he was a free man.
The lights were staying on, and Jack knew he wasnt going to sleep any longer.
'Ah well, three hours is enough I guess,' he thought to himself. Before rolling over and out of his rack he was jarred by a force on his shoulder.
"I said everybody up!" King Boot yelled, trying to sound bigger than he was.
"Touch me again Boot," Jack grumbled as he slowly sat up.
"Formation in five minutes, if your late your swabbing the squad bay by yourself," the smug little s**t said.
Jack stood up, and grabbed him by the blouse, pulling his face within inches of Jacks.
"I may not be a sergeant any more, but I'm still a non commissioned officer," Jack said, through grit teeth, " Now get the ******** away from me before I ******** thrash you and go back to the brig, Aye corporal or some s**t..." Jack pushed the marine away , who was now standing wide eyed with fear, sloppily he put himself at parade rest, the proper position when talking to a superior, and quietly uttered "Aye, aye corporal," then left him alone. The rest of the new marines had stopped what they were doing and had watched the whole thing. Jack ignored the stares and started to get dressed. He put on his skivie shirt, and his trousers. Laced and bloused his boots and he was out the door. He didnt give a damn about formation, this wasnt his unit, he was a free agent as far as he was concerned.
Stopping at the nearest private he said, "Anyone asks for me, Corporal Wyatt, tell em I'm PTing."
"Aye corporal!" the private yelled.
"Good boy," and with that Jack took off running at a moderate pace. He ran for about an hour and a half stopping every three miles for pushups, pull ups, and squats, then continued to run.
He ran over eight miles before heading back to the squadbay. The private he talked to earlier, the one that was in formation approached him. He stood at parade rest.
"Uh...Corporal, Sgt Fuentes wants to see you at the regiment office at 1000 hours."
"Roger that, thanks," he said to the private before heading back to his rack. Jack checked his watch, 0745, plenty of time. Jack took a shower, and got dressed into his utilities and then headed off for the chow hall. After he ate he decided to head toward the regiment office and wait, he still had some time, but it was better than being in the squad bay.
Just before 1000 Sgt Fuentes showed up to his office with a stack of folders, he motioned for Jack to follow, which he did. Fuentes sat down and immediately pulled Wyatts file. Jack always thought it was funny the military still uses hard copies. No one else uses paper.
"Ok Corporal Wyatt, looks like your completely done your brig sentence and your NJP, and we have a unit for you." He handed Wyatt his orders. Reading through it, most of it standard military jargon, what to wear, what to bring, what time he had to be there, etc.
He was being trasnfered to the 30th Marine Division, 1st battalion, 402nd marine regiment, Dorn Company. Jack snorted a bit; he had heard about Dorn co. Given the fact they were full of oddballs, they have a decent service record, and police record, good enough for Jack.
"You'll be shipping out tonight," the sergeant said, "looks like Dorn is getting hit with some activity, so they want you there ASAP." Jack nodded, Dorn is light years from Earth, even with FTL it'll take some time to get there.
"What time do I have to be on the flight deck?" he asked Sgt Fuentes.
"Looks like take off is at 0030, but preflight begins at 2315," Said Fuentes checking his terminal.
After his meeting Jack went back to the squadbay, and relaxed a bit. Nearing 2030 he rode the tram toward the flight deck, he checked in and took a seat, stowing his bags in the open seat next to him. Jack waited until boarding was authorized.
The shuttle was a surplus civilian trans atmospheric flier. Normally it would resemble the jet liners from the days before space flights, once it broke atmosphere its wings will retract, and the vessel will rely on its antigrav and thrusters. It was going to be a four hour trip. Once the shuttle had cleared the moon it was to link up with the USS Liberty, a small frigate docked near Luna station.
Jack made his way to the back of the shuttle, stowed his bags, sat down. The preflight checks took place, the emergency brief given and not more than five minutes later the shuttle began to taxi. The shuttle had to take off like the anciet aeroplanes of the past, due to its design vertical take offs were problematic. There wasnt an anti grav drive either big, or small enough to give it the lift needed to be airborn, let alone break the atosphere.
The shuttle roared down the runway, caught air and took off, there was a countdown, once it had reached zero the remaining jets that werent active suddenly roared to life, the shuttle jerked to a 90 degree climb, pushing Jack into his seat. The ride was bumpy, Jack took shallow breathes due to the Gforce on his chest, then before it got any worse, the pressure was gone, and in its place, nothing. He watched as the bullet encased in onyx around his neck began to float.
"This should be fun," Jack said to himself in regards to his transfer.

((OOC I made up a unit organization accoring to what was given and my experience in military organization. If it doesnt work I'll change it. Normally the uni designation would look like this 1/402nd Dorn Co 30th MarDiv, or 1st battalion, 402nd Marine Regiment, 30th Marine Division.
Also I'm not good with making pretty posts, sorry.)))
User Image

Michael "Micky" D'Amico

Location ♦ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Somewhere behind the Russar force
Health ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Tiring
Mental State ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Green

▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄

The last of the advancing Russar scout party fell back into cover, and Micky ordered his squad to cease their fire to save ammo. No need to kick a dog while it was down, as his mother would say. Micky watched as the radioman desperately fumbled with radio, and then the man resorted to cursing at the radio. Eventually the radioman gave up and shook his head at Micky. With a sigh, the staff sergeant looked his squad over, then looked out into the fields teeming with enemy activity around him. Time for a change of plans. Dorn Company was putting out a thousand fires at once, and Outlaw One was low priority.Without any means of resupply, extraction, or reinforcements, Micky needed to figure something else out.

Micky turned to his radioman,
                                            "Raise Big Bad Wolf on the line. Tell them that reinforcements and extraction ain't happening, but we are going to try and make a way to get them back inside." The radioman nodded his head and gave the word to Big Bad Wolf.

Micky then turned his attention to his men, and got delivered them the game plan,
                                            "Listen here, men. If we want any chance in hell of surviving the day, we need to buy Dorn Company some time to get reinforcements in. They know we are out here, but they don't know our exact location.This puts us in a unique position to draw fire away from the base camp. Now that means we are going to have to slip behind the Russar lines again and hit them in the rear. Once they turn their forces and come looking for us, we will keep falling back further and further until we draw some of them off. We are going to split into teams of two and find a spot to take a shot. Take one shot, then peel off and find more cover. Don't run in the open, and stay low. Leave your comms on, but keep the chatter low. Remember your training, and we'll get out of this. Good luck." And with that, Micky took his radioman and left the safety of his cover.

He ran in the valleys between the hills, always trying to stay under cover whenever he could. Micky spotted some nice high ground with a decent amount of cover on it, and that was exactly where he was heading. He did not risk a straight away route towards the destination he was seeking but instead ran from cover to cover in a zigzag pattern. Micky hustled through the rugged terrain for hours, and he trusted that his men were doing the same.

Micky at last arrived at his objective just as the artillery bombardment on the camp began. He moved up to the peak of the high ground and searched for cover. He found a large bush, and Micky crawled inside of it, pushing the leaves and branches away until he nestled inside neatly and completely hidden. His Gillie suit made him practically blend into the bush and keep him totally hidden. From here, he could see a tactical view of the whole location. He would take a few shots from this position, then switch somewhere else on the hilltop and take a few more shots.

Micky trusted that his men would target priority targets, such as officers and mortar crew commanders. Micky watched through his binoculars, and he was an officer drop to the ground after a bullet ripped through his chest. A few seconds later, Micky heard the actual sound the shot made echo through the air. Some of the Russars dropped to the ground to find cover, but not all noticed the sniper shot. Micky watched as his squad began to take shots at the Russars and drop targets from a great distance. It would take the Russars some time to notice there was more than one sniper firing at them. It would take even longer for them to find the actual snipers.

Micky knew that the Russars would not spend much time looking for the snipers. Instead, they would guess at an approximate location and call in an airstrike to clear anything living in the area. With that in mind, Mickey took his first shot at one of the mortar crews and then moved out of his position and found cover behind a tree. As he sat behind the tree, he prayed that his plan would work, and it would distract the Russars long enough for Dorn Company to get reinforcements.

▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄

♫ Rage Against the Machine- No Shelter ♪ xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx OOC:

User Image

Oliver Redfield, Captain of 402nd Dorn Company

Enemy reinforcements continued to poor in.

Captain Redfield nearly lost his balance as another mortar hit the ground near the communications tent. The explosions had become less frequent. He could only hope that meant his scouts were still alive and doing their job. He didn't want to think about what those men and women he had sent out were going through right now. In any case, they were beyond his ability to help. He had possibly an entire regiment bearing down on his 200 odd troopers, and they were going to be overrun soon regardless of their defendable position.

A soldier rushed into the tent, a dent in his chest-armor wear a bullet from one of the Russar Coolant Rifles had nearly ended his life. "Sir, enemy reinforcements are massing up. I don't think we'll be able to hold them for much longer!"

Damn it... "Are they bringing in armor?"

"We haven't spotted any sir, just transport vehicles."

That was a small miracle, at least. At that moment, a blurry blue-white image finally appeared above the Holo-Comm. It sputtered in and out, and the Captain rushed over to his Comms Officer who was frantically trying to keep the signal.

"Keep this channel on! Is it our scouts?"

"No sir, an outside channel is breaking through enemy interference. I think it's Command..."

Oliver leaned over the table and spoke clearly. "Command, this is Captain Redfield of the 402nd Grenadiers, Dorn Company. We cannot read you, please repeat."

"C-Cap... G-G-Get this... C-Captain Redfield, D-Do you read? I-I r-repeat, do you read?"

"Yes Command, I read. We're undergoing an overwhelming enemy attack, and are in need of immediate assistance. Do you copy, over."

He waited a moment, and then the signal finally cleared and the holographic image of an elderly man in a pristine blue uniform came into focus. Oliver recognized it as Admiral Abel Whiteroad.

"Captain Redfield, this is Admiral Whiteroad of the 13th Fleet. I am afraid no assistance will come to you and your company. The planet is lost, and Command is ordering an immediate evacuation of Talcaz 4."

Evacuation? "Sir, the Russarite Fleet has blockaded the planet..."

"I am aware, captain Redfield. We are currently engaged, and have broken through a section of their fleet. All available transport ships are moving troops off of the planet."

Oliver's mind raced at the implications of this. There were nearly 300,000 soldiers on Talcaz 4, spread across much of the planet. He knew they didn't have the ability to move that many soldiers off-world with much of their fleet support engaging the enemy in orbit, clearing a path for evacuation. Even in the best case scenario, thousands of soldiers would be left behind.

He knew that it was a sacrifice Command would easily make.

"Sir," Oliver replied. "Is there an evacuation plan in place for my unit?"

"There certainly is, son. We have shuttles in bound to your position, E.T.A. in 10 minutes. You will need to hold out until they arrive."

Ten minutes was a long time in a battle. There was no guarantee they wouldn't have been overrun by then.

"I understand, sir."

The Admiral nodded. "May the Saints guide you, Captain Redfield."

Oliver was taken aback, and left without a reply as the holo-comm shut off. He hadn't expected someone with as much power and prestige as Abel Whiteroad to be a Saintologist, often looked down on as a cult adhered to by superstitious troopers. Oliver's hand briefly brushed against the small text hidden in his cargo pockets.

"Spread the word, trooper." He turned to the young private who had previously entered the tent. "This camp is to hold out until help arrives... We willhold, at all costs.

Czardom's General Serkov, High Commander of Russar Forces

Serkov stood on the bridge of his enormous warship, watching the battle in space. The Russar fleet had been surprised at the sudden attack, but they had started to recover. The Destiny had already started to move to engage the enemy flagship. The huge ship would come along side and fire broadsides, before boarding and capturing the ship.

A ship exploded as the Russar command ship pushed on, then suddenly, it was on the enemy flag. The huge broadside cannon started to blast the enemy ship, the battle was in progress, and the Russar would succeed...

Lord Colonel Alexei Romanov, Russar Commander

The area was covered in smoke and fire. The Russar army had smashed a large SGE contingent of about 50'000 into the dust, the troops were moving through and killing the wounded while the long lines of prisoners marched to labour camps. Alexai Romanov looked on the field of his victory, and then made the advance signal. The SGE was evacuating. And Romanov's job was now, not to secure victory, to make sure as few troops as possible made it off the planet.

The lines of tanks, men and artillery began to roll forwards once again...

Captain Leskri, Sieger of Dorn Company

Leskri had ordered a platoon to find the irritating sniper and kill him as soon as possible, he had already lost six officers, and it was denting morale. However, the real goal was still to take the camp, and the Russar had begun to form their ranks. The HT-TH medium armour was lining up and preparing their weapons.

About 20 minutes later, the force was in position and was ready to attack. Captain Leskri stepped forward and drew his officers saber.

"Fire 3 vollies and then fix you bayonets! Then charge for Russar! Glory! Glory to Russar!"

Leskri screams at the men. They scream back:
"Glory to Russar!

Then the 950 men fire 3 vollies, fix their bayonets and charge, with the Mk63s following rapidly behind, towards the Dorn Company Encampment.

((Micky can do whatever he likes with that platoon Johnny, I'll give them to you to puppet. Also the HT-TH Mk63 is the Russar version of a medium tank Sovereign. I have 20, and they are all attacking.))

1st Lieutenant Robert Farry

Robert watched the Russar firing and charging with their crazed bloodthirsty war cries. Soldiers were falling to enemy fire left and right. The reliable Mk63s were racing towards the walls, a shell hit one, blowing it apart, but the mortars were having little effect besides that.

"Sergeant! Get the howitzers and the anti-tank gun manned and loaded, we're going to need 'em! Go!

Farry then sprints off to the comms tent, where he finds a private running out and Captain Redfield standing in.

"Captain! Enemy attack. Must be a thousand men. Packing good armour as well. We're getting mowed down out here! I don't know who told they don't have armour, because they must be blind. We're fighting at least 20 Mk63s out here, and our artillery is not having the desired effect. Any ideas?

Robert waits for Redfield to reply, while pulling out his pistol and making sure it is loaded.
User Image
User Image
3rd Fleet
{ Captain of the Iskandar }

Solomon felt rather frustrated at the way current events had unfolded. As one of the only capital ships in the area, command had decided to try to punch through the blockade of the planet and withdraw their troops. Standing on the bridge he had communications bring up the Admiral's transmission on the screen. He could not believe that he was going to leave troops down there to fend for themselves. Opening up the ships comm he thought quickly on a course of action to keep the marines alive until a better plan could be formed. "Flight Boss, I want you to prep ten of the drop pods and pack them full of as much supplies as possible. Prepare to fire them on my order." Turning to navigation he began to bark out orders for them to take the ship in as close as possible to the planet while the whole in the blockade was still there. Opening a tight beam transmission to the Dorn company he stood at his full height and gathered his thoughts before speaking. "Dorn Company, this is Captain Solomon Rahl. There is a supply drop coming to this location. You are to evade capture and I swear that we will come back for you. We will not leave you behind."

Walking back to his chair he took out an old pipe and began to pack it with tobacco. "Helm, I want you to come heading 180, mark 4. Full speed ahead." The front screen began to pitch to the left and it brought the battle into full view. The Russar fleet was recovering from the initial attack and their window would be closing shortly. "Weapons I want you to prep the havok missiles, and charge the main guns." The small console on his chair showed two dozen missiles being armed and a charge percentile for the main guns. "I want you to lock on to that corvette in front of us and unload the entire salvo into it. Bring that b*****d down with one shot." Once the percentile reached one hundred percent the Linear Accelerator Guns, or 'lag' guns fired their high speed projectiles at the enemy ship. Once the Iskandar pushed through the blockade the drop pods launched from the side of the ship and sped towards the coordinates he had given the Dorn commander. "Only the Saints can help them now."

User Image

Oliver Redfield, Captain of 402nd Dorn Company

Before Oliver could respond to the 1st Lieutenant, a figure he recognized stuttered to life on the holocom.

"Captain Rahl?" After the transmission had ended, Oliver heard the familiar hum and low roar of S.G.E. transport ships moving overheard. "Follow me, Lieutenant!" He pulled out his own pistol and ran out of the tent, seeing the transports landing down among the tents. The defense was doing an admirable job of keeping the enemy occupied, otherwise the transports would have already been taking heavy fire. That wouldn't last for long. "Farry, their armor is going to tear us apart if we don't get out of here quickly! Has there been any word from Big Bad Wolf or Outlaw One?"
User Image

Michael "Micky" D'Amico

Location ♦ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Somewhere behind the Russar force
Health ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Tiring
Mental State ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blood Drunk

Micky watched through his binoculars as the battle continued. The Russars pushed onward towards the camp and raised their notoriously frightening battle cry as they went. Whereas the average infantryman found this terrifying, it brought a smile to Micky's face. Hundreds of glorious marks lit up Micky's scope, and his eagerness overwhelmed him. Him as well as the other two sniper teams fired rapidly, landing hit after hit on the exposed running troopers. Their angle directly behind the attack force made the shots incredibly easy, as Micky and his other snipers only had to account for the bullet drop.

The sniper fired like a machine. Find the target. Slowly squeeeeze the trigger. Recover. Reacquire the target. Rinse. Lather. Repeat. Micky went completely blood drunk and lost himself in the tantalizing, hypnotic red mist that rose from those beautiful targets as he reached out and touched them. He reloaded like an automaton, a machine programmed only for war. Smooth is fast, and Micky reloaded smooth.

He lost himself in this trance so much that he could not even hear the voice shouting over his radio. He could hear only the ringing in his ears. He could not see the tracers flying over his head. He could see only the never ending target. He could not feel anything but the recoil of his rifle. Micky evenly applied pressure to his trigger until it reached past the point of its threshold and--CLICK. Micky suddenly became aware he could not feel any recoil. Empty, he thought. Micky reached for another magazine, and found only emptiness. Now he himself felt empty unfulfilled and unsatisfied. In desperation he searched for more ammo and found none.

This sudden tragic loss and despair that Micky felt snapped him out of his trance. He suddenly became aware of the voice shouting at him over the radio.
                                            "-ergeant!!! Staff Sergeant! They're coming up the hill on your position! You need to move NOW!" Then Micky saw the tracers flying towards him and heard the dirt kicking up around him as bullets hit the ground. He stood and turned around and began to run back, seeking escape now as an entire Russar platoon was hot on his trail. The other sniper teams were firing at the Russars, but they had a bad angle and could only do so much damage before they lost sight of enemy platoon.

Micky abandoned his rifle as the weight only slowed him down, and it was entirely useless without ammunition. He saw no possible opportunity to acquire anymore rounds, as he was now being pursued further into Russar territory. He heard explosions behind him, and he turned to look over his shoulder. Mortar fire carpeted the entire hilltop and uprooted the entire hill and scattered earth and shrapnel in a hateful swath. Micky laughed as he narrowly evaded his death. Now the real fun would begin.

♫ LORD Oz- LSD (Feat. Aman G) ♪ xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx OOC:
Anyone feel like continuing, or are we totally dead?
I'm working on other things now, but in the future I may try to restart this thread with more organization and fleshed-out lore. Sorry guys!
I'm still around, and I hope to roleplay with all the same people, since they showed an extremely rare loyalty to a slow moving story.
JohnnyTheDictator
I'm still around, and I hope to roleplay with all the same people, since they showed an extremely rare loyalty to a slow moving story.

Yeah I am really sorry guys, I didn't mean to piss everyone off giving up like this. I am really happy that you all stuck with this despite how slow it was, and hope that you all won't refuse to RP with me again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff