Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

User Image
                                                      Evelynn bit the inside of her cheek as she watched Lacey put the phone back on her bag, raw envy flashing across Eve’s face for a second or two until she got control of herself and retreated behind her mask of psychosis. Her gaze returned to Lacey’s face, studying the woman’s beautiful features as she talked of her sweet ol’ dad as if Eve and Lacey were good old buddies. Evelynn didn’t know how to react to the information; no one, not even people in her own gang, talked to Eve about their own past – but then again, Eve didn’t normally ask. Eve decided her best option would be to remain expressionless, which is exactly what she did, at least until Lacey revealed where her name had come from. “s**t, girl,”Eve murmured, “that sucks.” She pointed a finger at Lacey as she reached for her next drink, adding, “If I ever meet that guy I’ll pound his face in for you. You know – as one ******** gang girl to another.”Eve lifted the vodka and then stopped as she saw the terse expression on Lacey’s face. She hesitated for a moment and then slid the drink across the table to the Queen of Hearts. “You look like you’re chewin’ a lemon. Loosen up, little miss, the day’s still young.”

Settling back once more, Evelynn let out a heavy sigh and stared at the knife she’d impaled the table with. “Never knew my daddy. But from the way your daddy sounds, I’m not as regretful of the fact as I was five minutes ago.”She shrugged. “Since I like the fact that you have balls enough to sit with my crazy-a** self, you show your scars, I’ll show mine. Mom’s a whore.” Eve winked. “Maybe that’s where I get my ********’ abundance of charm.” It was strange to be sitting here sharing pasts with the enemy – or perhaps temporary friend – but Eve found she didn’t really mind. After all, she’d rather be sharing her past with someone who – very likely – would die by her hands or the hands of her fellows. That way, her past didn’t get around. And she had absolutely no doubts in her mind that Lacey was thinking the same thing.

That led her back to her initial question, though, and almost as if she was reading Lacey’s mind, Eve dropped her whimsical, “I’m a crazy b***h” persona to speak seriously for a moment. “I’ll tell you what I think about peace. I think it’s wrong. For us, anyway.” She kicked her feet off the table and sat up in the booth so that she could lean against the table, staring intently at Lacey. “We fight for a reason, cuz it’s a part of us, and cuz it’s who we are. We lose our war, then when do we get to fight? When does that reason get to express itself?” She shrugged and waved one hand dismissively in the air. “I like fighting you shits, just as you shits like fighting us. And maybe I’m just a superstitious b***h, but I’ve got a bad feeling about this.” Her gaze turned hard as ice. “Don’t get me wrong, I’ll follow my leader through hell just like you will yours. And if he says to stop fighting, god damn it, I’ll put down my pretty little knives.” She shook her head. “But hell if I think it’ll work.”

Another thought popped into her head, and she narrowed her eyes as she looked at Lacey, wanting to know just how gutsy this other woman was. So far she’d met Eve’s standards, but if peace really was on the table right now, Evelynn wanted to be the first to see just what things would be like. Probably ******** up. “Hey,” she said, “since I’m not hearing gunshots from in that goddamn room, I’mma go out on a limb and say peace negotiations are successful. Say that’s the case – what would you say to prowlin’ the night with the musclebound and wildly attractive God of lightning? You looked pissed, I’m definitely pissed, we both could use a drink. You should show me where the Flush get wasted. I could use some excitement, and it’d make us look like we’re both givin’ this peace thing a real shot. How about?” Evelynn wanted to see more of the world from the enemy’s eyes. It was screwy, ********, and she loved it.

Blessed Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

TWAINPARKER
Ⓒ r a z y, ⓒ r a z y ?
Ⓨ E A H.
x w a s x c r a z y x o n c e.

ιT ᴅOESN'T ᴍATTER ᴀNYMORE

xxxđιє đιє đιє
xxxxxxđιє đιє đιє
xxxxxxxxxđιє đιє đιє
c̲̅u̲̅z we're allx g o n n a

Quote:
{{Excuse my crappy post layout and post. And that I just barged into your lovely meeting.}}

User Image

Ah, the tedium of yet another, long and boring day. Twain sat up and yawned. The sun still shone even through the closed blinds of the window, and the girl blinked her eyes in annoyance. She unconsciously reached for her phone and her eyelids fluttered as she speed-read through all the texts. ”That’s right,” the girl muttered, chewing on a wispy strand of her hair. Twain stretched, and let out an almost inaudible sigh. The vice-president had scheduled a meeting of sorts at a nearby Japanese restaurant to plan an event coming up. She almost didn’t want to go, but thought better of it. Free food? Oh yes. Twain took a quick shower to organize her thoughts and dressed in a semi-casual outfit, abandoning her school uniform and opting instead for a dark pair of jeans and a silky smooth top, finishing it off with a striking red pea coat. And although it was something she usually didn’t do, she curled her hair in the effort to appear more feminine. She wasn’t acting as “Tom” after all, no, that would be later on in the day. Already she knew she shouldn’t have woken up so late in the day, she was sure to be almost late by the time she would arrive at the restaurant.

Twain quietly slipped out of her bedroom, and stopped at the door next to hers. ”Daddy, I’m going out!” she trilled, purposely stretching her words. From beyond the door, she could hear a grunt in response and her lips turned up in what appeared to be in a smile. If it was up to Twain, she wouldn’t have bothered to even notify her old man, but she knew that he would make a ruckus if she did leave without telling him. Ever since Tom had died, her father had become more withdrawn, and that suited the red head just fine. He wouldn’t pay attention to her more, illicit activities then. She decided to skip breakfast, and on her way to grab her keys, she spotted out of the corner of her eye a case of beer sitting innocently on the counter. Twain momentarily stopped. Miss Secretary would probably bring some booze to liven up the party. However, if she knew the other as well as she thought she did, the secretary had probably been up all night partying and was probably already wasted. Which meant that she might not bring any. Oh well. No matter. Twain wasn’t one to get drunk so early in the day, and she didn’t really want to come home smelling like alcohol. And her clothes would probably be ruined anyways. The girl unfroze and snatched her keys off the tabletop, slamming the door behind her.

Every time she went out, she couldn’t help but eye her very shiny car, a BMW F20. In fact, it was something she had bought from her stints as the Jack of Diamonds. Twain slid into the car and eyed her watch. ’s**t.’ She was really going to be late now. Twain sped through traffic, not caring if she was breaking a few speed limits in the process. Hell, police were easily bribed. It wasn’t a problem if she did get caught; however it would only delay her even further. The girl soon arrived at the eatery and parked in an empty spot. She walked into the place, twirling her keys around. They made a nice jingly sound, which was strangely soothing. There were a few people around, but surprisingly enough, for the majority of the place, it was empty. ’Strange. I thought this place was supposed to be crowded?’ she wondered with confusion. And the two over there seemed vaguely familiar, but Twain paid them no mind. The vice had reserved the VIP room hadn’t he? Ignoring the cries of protest coming from the staff, Twain slowly sauntered over and turned the door knob. Of course, she hadn’t expected to see what was in front of her.

The first thing that entered her line of view was the weapons sitting on the table. Who knew weapons of mass murder could look so…harmless? The second thing that she noticed was that the boss was sitting over there. Which only meant…. Twain clenched her teeth at the sight of the leader of Sonner av Odin. If she had any sort of weapon she would probably murder him on the spot. This was the guy who had killed her brother. His face was etched in her memory, and you would be wrong if she had ever forgotten it. However, as of now, Twain only had a small knife stuck in her boot and a syringe of poison hidden in her bag. Oh, how she had regretted not to slip a pistol in her purse, but she didn’t think she would have needed it. Luckily enough, she was still “Twain,” and not “Tom.” Twain believed that nobody knew of her true identity, but if anybody knew, it was probably the boss, and she hardly cared. Only, it was a bit dangerous to keep standing here. No wonder she couldn’t see anybody else’s cars she recognized. They had probably vacated earlier, due to the meeting the party in front of her was having. And she was going to be in deep, deep trouble if she kept standing here. Twain swallowed down the ugly taste in her mouth and got ready to leave, or worse, run.

Blessed Muse

11,400 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
┏─────────┓
acey . ωhitlock
┗─────────┛

♕ℚueen of ℍearts♕

off with their heads

"It won't work," Lacey agreed, "Someone is bound to screw over the other two. Or two screw over one. Always happens." Willie might have been slightly insane, but he was smart. There was no way he would believe everyone would just lay down arms peacefully and coexist without trouble in this city. There was too much at stake. Lacey didn't trust Xander, but she trusted Ophelia even less. That woman had a look in her eye. Something power-hungry and ruthless. That kind of a look meant trouble. When all someone wanted was simply more of everything, there would be no stopping them. Lacey knew she was probably certifiable by any psychiatrist's standards, but hunger like that was on a whole different level. Just then the strangely androgynous Jack of Diamonds wandered into the restaurant. Lacey nodded a greeting in return, but her eyes widened when Tom approached the VIP room. Bad idea.

Lacey got up and approached the door to the VIP room. She pulled Tom away from the door as she leaned against the wall. "What were you thinking?" she said, releasing the Jack, "The boss was pretty clear. No one is to be in there except him and the other grown-ups. Now I'm going to look bad for letting you open the door. Great job, kid." She rolled her eyes as she examined a nail. What was this, amateur hour? Not hiding her irritation, Lacey returned back to the booth she had shared with Evelynn. "Pardon my rudeness," she said, "Some people occasionally need a small reminder of their place. We should find our way to a club. That is, if the boss man doesn't want to drag me along to wherever he is headed. That, I'm afraid, is very likely. Maybe he will want the Jack of Diamonds to take him instead. There really is know way of predicting what he will want. Not sure how the boss would like me taking you to our primary place of business, but I wouldn't mind showing you a personal favorite of mine. Every once and a while some of the Royals will show up, but I like the distance it gives me from work. Boundaries, you know? A drink sounds good right about now."

Lacey signaled for the waitress and ordered a rum and coke. The waitress muttered something about not having that. "Sweetheart," she said patiently, "All you gotta do is take a glass, pour some ice in, pour rum over the ice, then pour the coke in. I know we're the Flush, but not that kind of coke." Lacey smirked at the thought. Coke and alcohol? Mixing an upper with a downer was bad news. When the waitress brought the drink, Lacey practically purred in delight as she downed her first gulp. She wouldn't finish it because she may end up being the designated driver at any moment. Still, she wouldn't totally deny herself the pleasure.

H e r e y e s
S h e ' s o n t h e d a r k s i d e
N e u t r a l i z e
E v e r y m a n i n s i g h t

Blessed Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

TWAINPARKER
Ⓒ r a z y, ⓒ r a z y ?
Ⓨ E A H.

xxxđιє đιє đιє
xxxxxxđιє đιє đιє
xxxxxxxxxđιє đιє đιє

Quote:
{{}}

User Image

As she was standing at the door, gaping like a fish, Twain blinked slowly and felt a hand on her shoulder pull her roughly away from the entrance. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes, and faced the Queen of Hearts. Oh? So she wasn’t supposed to go in there? And nobody realized the fact that she was attempting to look like a female? Maybe she should have worn something girly like a skirt, to emphasize that she was not Tom? Would that have worked better? It was too late to be pondering over her fashion wardrobe at this very point in time right now. Her eyes flicked towards where Lacey was sitting with an unrecognizable person. Twain let out a sweet sigh, and ran a few fingers through her somewhat tangled and wavy hair. The door opened, and a random bystander stepped through, sitting at a table. The girl felt the breeze outside, and slouched a little. No use standing at the door like an idiot. That wouldn’t help her at all. She sneaked a glance at Lacey again, and decided to join her in a minute or two. Her phone buzzed, and she reached into her pockets to check out what was happening. Oh. So it was the vice. And now he says that the meeting is canceled? Twain’s face crinkled in annoyance, and she frowned.

The girl ambled over to the two sitting at the booth, adding a little swagger to her walk. That was how guys did it right? Sure, she should probably know, since she had been acting as “Tom” for the past year or so. Sliding over in the seat next to Lacey, Twain propped her feet on the table and began to tie the laces on her boots. ”Sorry ‘bout that,” she stated, deepening her voice a notch or two. ”I wasn’t notified that there was going to be a…meeting here. My sis was sick, and I was filling in for her at a student council gathering. Apparently, it was supposed to be held in the VIP room.” Twain furtively stashed her bag under her seat, hoping that nobody would notice. It would be quite strange for Tom to be carrying a purse around would it? She played with the simple ring in her hands, twisting it over and over. It had been the last gift she had received from her brother. She would never lose it, but the girl slipped it into her pocket.

Twain searched the face of the stranger in front of her. She still didn’t recognize who it was. ”And who’s your friend Lacey?”? she asked smoothly. Her stomach grumbled, an embarrassing noise. Her face fell. She hated Japanese cuisine, least of all sushi. She remembered the first time she had tried that disgusting food. It was when she was younger, maybe before her mom had left? Wasn’t it at this very restaurant? She had gotten a case of food poisoning from tasting one of those blasted California rolls. Ever since then, she’d been a little traumatized to even touch the stuff. But that wouldn’t stop her from ordering anything here. She waved over the waitress, who was evidently still a bit timid after taking Lacey’s order. ”Oi. You. Get me a bottle of sake,” Twain told the woman, almost more like a demand. The waitress rambled on and on about not serving alcohol to minors and all that jazz. Eventually, Twain’s patience wore thin, and she shot a glare at the other, who barely noticed, and instead kept ranting. She took her boots off the table, and reached for the small knife, aiming it at the other woman. ”You. Get me a bottle of sake,” she murmured in a dangerous voice. The woman soon babbled something about getting it, and Twain slipped the knife back in her boot, sitting back down.

”Right. Now that that little problem’s been dealt with,” she said more pleasantly. The sake soon arrived, and the girl poured herself a cup and downed it in one gulp. About to get herself some more, she abandoned the glass and drank straight from the bottle. ”What’s the little gathering over there about?” Twain asked, inclining her head in the direction of the other room.

Dapper Explorer

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Loiterer 100
User Image
Willie J. McGriff

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

[ (Text) | "Dialogue" | 'Thoughts' ]

x x x x xWillie smirked and giggled like a girl when he grabbed his Python eagerly, cradling it and hushing it as if it were a child. He sighed as he slid the bullets back into the chamber, spinning the barrel cowboy-style, then putting it in the back band of his pants. He looked at the two leaders, back and forth, back and forth. Then the door flung open. It was Tom, or Twain. He closed his eyes, rubbing them, opening them again. She was still there. He shook his head, knowing he was to deal with it later. "Can you believe these guys? No sense of privacy," he said, smirking as he got up from the table, jumping over it. He looked back, dusting off his suit and sighing.

x x x x xWillie looked around at the two leaders. "Alright, I'll just be on my way then," he said, walking backwards and staring at the two others, pushing back into the door and spinning to close it with his back to it. He exhaled sharply, closing his eyes. He opened them, seeing the three people gathered at the bar, and next to one of them... the hoodie and pants the man he shoved were in a pile. He slowly strode over to the bar, looking around before sliding into a seat next to the girl that was with Tom and Lacey. "Hey baby, you want somethin' to drink," he said, jokingly, hopping out of the seat to avoid any risk of injury. "Good news everyone, peace!!! But only for a while," he said, unwilling to disclose the time frame of this so called cease-fire. "And Tom, thank you for the distraction, but really, don't do that again. Had you been here earlier, you most likely would have been shot," he said, putting a false smile on his face as he looked back towards the others, this time with a real smile.

x x x x xWillie sighed as he looked around. "This place blows, there's a big game on tonight, I want to catch it, it's on at 7:30... it's," he paused to grab his phone and check his phone. "Damn, it's eight!" he said, looking at the others. He sat back down next to the stranger. "So what's your rate -- I mean, name?" he asked, snickering. Oh he wouldn't be surprised if he was to be receiving a black eye in a few short moments. "W-wait a second, if you're a girl... and I shoved you... holy crap!!!" he said, jumping up and going over to Lacey. "Lacey Lacey Lacey!!! I got my first touch!!!" he said, tugging at her sleeve and laughing. His smile spread across his face as he sighed, sitting next to Twain instead. "So how's it been going for you, hmm?" he asked.

x x x x x

x x x x x

[[ ooc: shortness :/ ]]
User Image

User Image
                                                      As another member of the Royal Flush seemed to invade the club with as much lack of privacy and decency as Evelynn herself had done, the member of Sonner av Odin decided to sit back and watch the show. Since Lacey had declined to drink any of Eve’s offered vodka (her loss), Eve quickly reclaimed the glass and downed it once more as she watched Lacey hastily get up from the table to go deal with the new Royal Flush menace. A small smile played on her lips, her azure eyes surveying the scene with growing amusement. The way Lacey had to nanny the kid reminded Eve of the way she sometimes had to deal with extraordinary ******** in her gang. It was annoying, sure, but dealing with these small problems gave Xander a lot less of a headache.

So it was worth it.

When Lacey managed to return to the booth, apologizing for her “rudeness,” Eve only tilted her (next) glass of vodka towards Lacey and smiled broadly. “Don’t need to apologize. I’m not about to go anywhere. Take your time, I understand the life you live. I live it, too.” She pursed her lips and fell silent as Lacey explained that she’d be fine with taking Eve around…if her boss-man let her. Eve nodded at that, fully understanding that reasoning. “We’ll just have to ask this boss-man of yours, then. Maybe I’ll do my best to behave and charm him into saying yes.” Sarcasm dripped off of Evelynn’s tone like venom; ‘charming’ and ‘Evelynn’ were two words that went together as well as oil and water.

Before she could say anything more, the kid Lacey had gone after decided to grace them with her presence. She slid into a seat next to Lacey, though she paused to study Eve’s face first. Since Eve didn’t recognize this girl, she highly doubted she would be recognized…and she was correct, because the next moment the girl was asking Lacey who the hell Eve was. Well, that’ll be interesting as ******** to explain. She waggled her eyebrows conspiratorially at Lacey as Lacey’s gang member ordered sake with a flair that made Eve want to clap in appreciation. That was the way to get things done. However, Eve couldn’t resist answering for Lacey when the girl asked what the meeting between the gang leaders was about. Letting out a snort of amusement, Sonner av Odin’s Thor snickered, “That meeting is a student council meeting about how many ********’ girl scout cookies they want to buy for a fundraiser. Turns out you had the right meeting after all.”

The next thing she knew, the Ace of the Royal Flush had slid into a seat next to her and was asking her if she wanted a drink. Automatically, Eve’s foot shot out to slam into the seat where he’d been sitting, and if he’d still been sitting there he would’ve been sent flying by the force of Eve’s kick. However, he was one step ahead of her, and even before she started to move he’d hopped out of range, safely avoiding injury. Eve huffed in annoyance, glaring at him for a moment before returning her gaze to her hands, listening intently on what he was telling Lacey and that other girl – Tom, apparently. But apparently the stupid gang leader wasn’t done with her yet, because he sat down right next to her and asked her rate, making her turn and stare at him with one eyebrow raised. “More than you can afford,” she responded instantly. Much more.”

She kept on glowering at him as he got up and flounced around, suddenly coming to the realization that he’d grabbed her boob when he’d shoved her earlier, and the corner of her mouth twitched at his reaction to copping that feel. Such excitement. Well, who can blame him? I am one hot mama. Rolling her eyes at the Ace’s antics, Evelynn’s gaze wound up back on her empty glass. He was such a contrast from Xander that Evelynn had to admit to feeling a little bit overwhelmed by his carefree personality. Suddenly, an idea sparked in her head, and before she could stop herself, Eve wrapped her fingers around her empty glass and slid it down the bar table so that it stopped just in front of the Ace’s face. “Since you asked,” she drawled, “I do want something to drink. More vodka. Think you can handle that?” She caught Lacey’s gaze from out of the corner of her eyes and winked, letting the Queen of Hearts know she wasn’t serious.

Still, though. Look at her go, being peaceful and demanding a drink from one of her gang’s worst enemies.

Blessed Muse

11,400 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
┏─────────┓
acey . ωhitlock
┗─────────┛

♕ℚueen of ℍearts♕

off with their heads

Lacey was amused by the scene before her. When Willie started tugging at her sleeve, she smirked. "You mean the first touch you didn't have to pay for," she said, patting him of the arm. She gave Willie a wink. The guy was hopeless. He was terrible at charming women. He seemed interested in Evelynn, but Lacey was pretty sure he had blown it by calling her a prostitute more or less. Lacey was impressed with Evelynn as she quickly shot out a response. Maybe she could handle Willie after all. Overall, Lacey was impressed with Sonner av Odin's Thor on every count. She was cool, collected, self-assured, and knew how to make an entrance. Lacey gave Tom a small smile. The kid had lost weight. He had a much less boyish build than he had before. Lacey silently wondered if everything was okay with him. Yeah, he made a stupid mistake, but he was really very good at his job despite his youth. Too bad he was underage.

"Hey, Willie," Lacey said sweetly, "Why don't we go to a sports bar so Thor here can have her vodka and you can have your game." Lacey knew the owner of the one close by and he was quite the looker. That way, she could get her fun while everyone else had theirs. It was a plus that the owner would give them a steep discount on everything. Not that Willie cared about that sort of thing. He liked to throw wads of cash all over the place. Lacey was a bit more frugal. It was part of her job to make business plans and models, which made her an efficient person when it came to the books. "I think the owner of the place down the street has a business proposal for you as well. I wrote it up, so you have the better deal. You could take a look and see what you think while we're there. Plus, they make a pretty mean cheese steak," she said to Willie. She was talking about a new place to launder their money, of course. The cash flow they were getting required more businesses to clean it all up. They had to be careful what they bought, though. Anything too suspicious and the feds were bound to start sniffing around. A local sports bar that every local loved wouldn't draw any red flags. Something flashy like a Ducati dealership would draw them in for sure.

Lacey tapped on her half-empty glass of rum and coke, feeling a slight buzz. No more alcohol for the night. Getting mean and nasty around Willie would be a mistake. He might restrict her from alcohol too. There was no need for that to happen, so Lacey called the waitress over and gave her the half-empty glass. When asked if she wanted to finish, Lacey replied, "I handed it too you, didn't I? Why would I do that if I wasn't done. It's okay, sweetheart. That's why you're a waitress and I'm an Ivy League grad. Now get." There really wasn't a need to get snippy, but the waitress' high pitched voice had grated on her nerves. Not to mention that stupid question. What a waste of words. It was no wonder the businesses in town cringed when they saw the gangs approaching. They paid well, but they were hardly concerned with manners and sometimes made a mess. Lacey glanced over at the broken window again, a small smile playing on her lips. It really was quite the entrance.

H e r e y e s
N e u t r a l i z e

Blessed Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

TWAINPARKER
Ⓒ r a z y, ⓒ r a z y ?
Ⓨ E A H.

xxxđιє đιє đιє
xxxxxxđιє đιє đιє
xxxxxxxxxđιє đιє đιє

Quote:
{{Somehow it took me so long just to write this =.=;;}}

User Image

Twain quirked an eyebrow at the statement from the boss. Peace? b***h please. Like that would last for long. Especially with the leader of Forgiven Sin, her being the one who had started this ******** war in the first place. ”Oh yes. I assure you I had no intention to interrupt your pretty little selves. I don’t want to quite have an early death either,” she responded to Willie. And that reminded her of Tom, yet again. Why was today reminding her all about him? It was stupid. She snatched the sake bottle and took a long swallow. The girl was getting pissed for no reason at all. Upon hearing the unidentified female’s comment, she couldn’t help but let out a dry chuckle. Wasn’t there still a half-empty box of—what were those called again? Thin Mints? at her house? They were probably stashed in the back of the fridge. It was last year, when a stupid girl scout decided to ring the doorbell. Twain had grudgingly agreed to buy a box so she could go away and leave her in peace. Hell, she didn’t want to buy any, but the kid had practically forced it on her. It was a waste of money. Her family was hardly getting by.

The boss had addressed her again, and here she was, staring off into space and relieving memory lane. It had started happening to her a lot lately. ”Me? The usual. Life goes on. You know me. Nothing exciting ever happens.” Twain never liked revealing too much of her personal life. Then she heard something about going to a bar and Thor having her vodka. So the person in front of her was from Sonner av Odin. Ah, s**t. Of course there would be some of the gang loitering around if their leader was here. Only, she thought as she glanced around the establishment; Forgiven Sin didn’t seem to have any of their cronies around. Was that a good thing or a bad thing? I mean, aiming at the good thing, they didn’t have to worry about any murdering going about, but the bad side? Ah, maybe there was no bad side. Someone in the restaurant had lit a cigarette, and the smoke had wafted all the way to their side of the room. Vaguely, she remembered some lecture about the dangers of second-hand smoke, but she ignored it. Twain swallowed some more vodka, and the sensation of it going down burned her throat. It was actually a nice feeling, but the bottle was already three-quarters gone, and she didn’t want to get too wasted.

Twain lay back on the seat, enjoying herself. At a school holiday like this, she loved the thought of not thinking about school and work. The girl immediately perked up upon hearing about a game. ”Game? Who’s playing today? I guess I’ll tag along,” she said. ”Though, if we’re going to a bar, I find it’s easier to dress as the fairer sex to talk your way in if you’re a minor,” she finished, the slight hints of a smirk on her face. Hell, it was true. One of her old boyfriends had cross-dressed and applied make up to sweet-talk his way in. With her help of course. But seeing as she was part of the Royal Flush, it wouldn’t be too hard. God knows she had tried it already.

The girl yawned and felt her purse to make sure it was still there. Some of the staff looked a bit shifty. However, if someone did manage to steal it, she’d have a knife at their neck in a few seconds. Twain was itching to do something. Sitting around twiddling her thumbs was never her style. ”Why don’t we get going? I don’t believe that waitress over there enjoys our company anymore.”

Dapper Explorer

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Loiterer 100
User Image
Willie J. McGriff

x x x x xWillie frowned at Lacey. "Why'd you have to go there?" he said, smiling immediately after. "I get free touches all the time, all I gotta do is show up," he said, laughing. He looked at Twain. "I wouldn't like a shorter peace period either," he said, looking back. He sat next to Eve. So she was the Thor, one of the literal sons of Odin. He smiled. How strange was it that all of Odin's major leaders were women. Jeez, if he had that problem he probably would've just offed himself. He looked to Eve as she mentioned vodka, then perked up at Lacey's offer of the sports bar. "Business? Jeez, do they get any business? Besides me, there may be like twenty other people with sports interest. Then again, I may just be too busy dealing with s**t," he said sighing. "Oh, so I'll owe you vodka?" he asked, poking Thor in the arm. "What will I get out of it?" he asked, giving a really long exaggerated fake wink.

x x x x xWillie chuckled. "Just kiddin', it'll be on me," he looked at the waiter Lacey ridiculed, smiling as he leaned over to look at her, hissing like a cat and clawing in the air, smirking as he sat back in his seat. "It's... who the hell is playing again," he pondered for a bit. Big rivalry, big cities... No, no it was the same city. "New York!!! Both teams are playing each other," he said, smiling. "Oh man it's going to be a good game," he giggled like a girl. "Both of them neck to neck for their respective divisions, oh yes this will be a good one," he said, rubbing his hands together. He loved his sports. He was an athlete in high school, contrary to rumors. He didn't smoke pot, he didn't snort coke, he didn't shoot up. He was one of the district's best athletes, he was just lazy. He was a star at baseball, recognizable in football, pretty damn good at soccer. He smiled as he relived his memories.

x x x x xWillie looked over at Lacey. "So where's this place? I wanna go, I wanna go!!!" he said, tugging on her sleeve. "Mommy, please!!!" he said, pouting and laughing as he got up and paced. He looked back, stretching his arms. He sighed as his suit constricted his movement. "Goddamn, I'm starting to hate this damn monkey suit," he said. "Lacey, can I put my jacket in your hot car? That thing is hot. Really hot," he said, babbling on. "Probably literally hot, it was in the sun, you know, when it was out," he said. "Black leather interior is not smart, my dear," He was just talking, wanting to get on someone's nerves, even better that it was someone he knew. He smiled as he continued to pace. He didn't know what to do. Oh god, maybe he was awkward around women. No, he was the man. The man's man. He's a ladies man. The ladies love him. Or do they? Maybe he was just funny. No, that couldn't be it all. He sighed. Maybe he was over thinking this. Oh wait, he was still pacing. He played it off as he sniffled, looking back to the group. "We going? Or what?"

x x x x x

x x x x x

User Image

User Image
                                                      Evelynn grinned and nodded when Lacey suggested the group head over to a sports bar, so ‘Willie’ could have his game and she could have her vodka. Mmmm. It was a good thing Eve was a liquor sponge; she’d already drank enough to get most men in Sonner av Odin totally wasted. But as it was, her hands were as steady as a ******** jeweler’s, and she still wanted more. This whole talk of peace had made her want to get s**t-faced, though she highly doubted Xander would be very happy with her if she did that. As it was, Eve decided she’d get tipsy. And that’s it. Still, though, tipsy would take a few more glasses…

After Lacey’s suggestion about the sports bar, Lacey began to talk business with Willie. Out of politeness, Eve tilted her head away and focused on something else – namely, staring down one of the waitresses that ‘Tom’ stated wasn’t very happy with them being her. The waitress met Evelynn’s gaze and held it for all of a split second before she looked away, disturbed by the psychotic smile Eve had put on just to freak her the ******** out. That waitress ended up being the same waitress that Lacey called over, and Lacey wasn’t about to take any of the waitress’s dumb s**t. Eve didn’t blame her, and she appreciated the cool and collected way Lacey handed the problem – as well as the insult.

Then the Ace grabbed her attention by poking her arm and asking what he’d get for buying her a vodka. Evelynn raised both her eyebrows at him, her expression saying Seriously? “Well, I don’t know,” she said slowly, her voice sickeningly sweet, “maybe I’ll let you keep the hand you used to grab my boob. Does that sound fair, darling?” Apparently she got her point across, because the next second he laughed and said he’d pay anyway. For the first time she shot him a genuinely amused smile and nodded once in thanks, lapsing into silence as the bubbly gang leader began to rant about sports. Evelynn couldn’t say she knew much about sports at all, unless that sport happened to be a car chase or a ditch-the-cop. She was definitely a badass at those. So she just stared blankly until Willie had finished his rant and then suggested, “Never seen a game, so you’ll have to explain the rules to me when we get there.” Her eyes lit up. “Please tell me there’s violence involved.”

But he didn’t seem to have heard her, because he was on his feet pacing around like a caged lion. He looked downright uncomfortable, babbling about being hot and how he didn’t like his ‘monkey suit’ and how Lacey’s car had black interiors and whatever else came to his head. He was such a switch from her leader that Evelynn found herself overwhelmed by the amount of words coming from his mouth, and she decided to do everyone a favor and try to get him to shut up. As he asked if they were going, she let out a long-suffering sigh and rose to her feet, stalking over to him. She raised her hands to show him they were empty and she meant no threat; then she reached up and pulled off his jacket in one quick movement, her expression bored as she folded it up and handed back to him. “See, problem solved. Simple as that. You still hot? Then take off your shirt. You don’t like to ride in Lacey’s car? Then ride on my bike, if I haven’t totally ******** it over.”

She turned her head to shoot Lacey a wide-eyed look and mouthed theatrically, Is he always like this? Christ, and she thought being Xander’s underling was bad.

Blessed Muse

11,400 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
┏─────────┓
acey . ωhitlock
┗─────────┛

♕ℚueen of ℍearts♕

off with their heads

Seeing Evelynn's expression made Lacey stifle a laugh that bubbled up. A small smile graced her face as she covered it with her hand. The expression said it all: Yes, he is always like this. Willie was making her nervous with all of his pacing. "Now, now, lovely," she said as she got up and put her hand on his shoulder, "Relax. Momma will get you to your game. The sun is down, so my car won't be hot. If you want to ride with Thor here, you can, but there is room for all four of us if you would prefer that." He really was like a kid and Lacey was always there to stabilize him when he needed it. Otherwise he might be out of control, the poor thing. Lacey brushed her bangs out of her face. I really am like a mother, she thought with a smirk. The Ace was capable by himself, no doubt, but the support was probably good for him. There had to be some sort of psychological crap going on that made him keep regressing to child-like behavior. That, or he was just a little insane. Lacey didn't care. He had given her a life of fast cars, hot guns, and dirty money and for that, she loved him. This was a much better fate than being stuck running Daddy's business.

Speaking of which, her phone went of with Darth Vader's voice again. This time, she elected to answer, at least let her father know she was still breathing. She handed the phone to Willie, snickering. "Tell him you've got his daughter. You'll be sending him her finger if he doesn't deliver the goods by whatever time. I don't know, make something up. Oh, better yet, do an Italian accent!" she whispered, trying to suppress her laughter. In the meantime, she lead the three out to her car. "If you want to go with me, hop in. If not, try to keep up," she said with a small smile at Evelynn. The place was close, but Willie was concerned about his game, so driving would be the best option. "I missed you, baby," Lacey purred to her car as she crossed the front to the driver's side. Her hand ran along the hood of the car, the red hood feeling cool under her fingertips. A small sigh escaped her mouth as she lowered herself into the driver's seat. It was pure bliss every time she sat down in the driver's seat. Here in this place, she was most in control. The road was hers and the law meant nothing. Even the police Interceptors couldn't catch her. Their cars would be left in the dust. In fact, they wouldn't even see her to begin with. The control and power she felt in this car was incredible.

Lacey broke from her reverie and started up the car. The passenger doors were unlocked and she kept the engine idling until the others made up their minds about how they planned on getting to the sports bar. The windows were rolled down and the crisp night air filled the car. The pollution from the city wasn't great, but the coolness of it was amazing. Lacey closed her eyes and turned on the radio. A Nirvana song blasted through the speakers. It was the overplayed song "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Lacey wasn't a huge fan, but she knew a lot of people were, so she left it on. Her hand drummed the side of her car as she watched the moon rise up. It was dazzling, but then again, maybe it was the rum.

H e r e y e s
N e u t r a l i z e

Dapper Explorer

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Loiterer 100
User Image
Willie J. McGriff

x x x x xWillie put his hands up in defense when she apparently let him keep his hand. "Excuse me, but you got all up on me in the first place," he said, giving her a "matter-of-fact" look before smiling and looking away. "I don't really know which sport, all I know is it's New York versus New York, so yeah," he said, feeling a slight buzz from whatever the leaders drank, causing him to shiver and shudder slightly. He then felt his jacket pull from his figure, turning to see Thor face-to-face. "Well jeez, take me to dinner first," he said, laughing slightly as he stared into her eyes, sending her a wink before stepping back. "Taking off my shirt too? Jeez, that's a private show, dear," he said, shrugging his shoulders. "That's more than anything you've ever paid for," he smirked and laughed, remembering what Eve said about her "rates". He looked over at Lacey, smiling. Only she got his humor, that's what was funny. Only she could deal with him. Maybe he could try turning it down.

x x x x xWillie smiled wickedly as he was handed the phone, covering the microphone. "I'll do you one better," he said, putting the phone up against his head. He smiled as he cleared his throat, testing his "Italiano" voice. He then uncovered the microphone. "Hello, your daughter is in our hands, you send package or else we cut her pretty little face, then the pieces of her body off, one by one," he said, smirking and winking at Lacey as he even did the hand motions, chopping her segments in the air. For some reason they made him feel... more Italian? He didn't know, he just continued on with this horrific prank. "And we send every part of her body to you. Pay up Mr. Whitlock, we have short patience," he said, cutting the call. He smiled and laughed wickedly as he handed the phone back, stopping as soon as he handed it to her. "Alright, I'm done." he said, sighing. "Sometimes I have too much fun," he said, chuckling as he looked at the Thor's bike. He did a double take, looking at both, unsure of who to go with.

x x x x xWillie slowly shuffled to Eve's bike, looking at it from wheel to wheel. "I haven't gone on too many bike rides, I'm sure you'll give me a ride for my life," he said, wincing slightly. He looked at the bike, definitely seeing the upkeep she did on it, all of the detailing, the repairs, anything she could have done to keep it looking beautiful. He heard the roar of Lacey's car, not the first time he's heard it before. He sighed as he heard the engine idle on the car, sighing as it got darker. "You promise to get there in mostly one piece?" he asked Thor. He sighed, not really sure what he'd look like on a Sonner av Odin member's bike. He wouldn't feel as out of place like this since... well forever. He shrugged his shoulders. It couldn't be that bad. He sighed. All of a sudden, he had to trust the enemy.

x x x x x

x x x x x

Blessed Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

TWAINPARKER
Ⓒ r a z y, ⓒ r a z y ?
Ⓨ E A H.

xxxđιє đιє đιє
xxxxxxđιє đιє đιє
xxxxxxxxxđιє đιє đιє

Quote:
{{I'm sorry for the short post! And the wait!}}

User Image

Twain nodded, listening and not really hearing anything at the same time. ”It could be football?” she offered in response to the boss’ answer, glancing around them. Willie had stood up and had started walking back and forth, drawing the looks of a few bystanders as he started prattling on senselessly. The girl in disguise sighed and started aimlessly tapping her fingers on the table, bored to death. He was right. When were they going to get going? After a few minutes, the party finally stood up and walked outside. Twain loitered around until they were out the door, and grabbed her bag from where she had shoved it. She had just ran out in time to hear Willie talking into a phone about, ’…or else we cut her pretty face’ or something like that. She clasped a hand to her mouth in fake shock and walked quickly past them, but not before saying, ”I’ll ride in my own car. Thanks for the offer.” It seemed like Willie was debating whether to go with Lacey or that ‘Thor’ individual and she decided not to add herself to the conflict.

Twain fished out her keys and with a click of a button, the car unlocked and Twain opened the door. There was a container of something in the back seat, and after making herself comfortable, she reached to the back, grabbing the tin. She had no idea why she had filled an empty tin of hot chocolate with a handful of licorice. In permanent marker on the side, it did clearly state, ‘LICORICE,’ so she’d assume there was some in there, seeing it was her own handwriting. Opening the lid with one hand, the other still on her keys, she picked out a strand and put in her mouth while starting up her car. It reminded her she really hadn’t had a proper meal yet, and she took another one, still chewing the one she had just grabbed. She noticed that the gas tank was almost empty. ’Looks like I’ll need to go on a trip to the gas station after this…’ she thought tiredly. Lack of food and sleep was getting to her.

Twain opened the window and stuck her head out. ”Hey, I’ll go first. Meet you once you decide in which humble carriage you decide to travel in boss,” she yelled. The breeze was ruffling her hair and she closed the window again. She backed out of the lot, heading back once again into traffic. They had actually spent quite a lot of time in the restaurant, and the skies were dark. The girl soon reached the location of the sports bar and parked. She took a makeup kit out of her purse and lightly applied blush, some mascara, and a light dab of lipstick. ’Let’s see how he likes being surrounded by a group of girls,’ she thought, snickering to herself. She wouldn’t get out just yet. The others would probably arrive in just a moment. As long as they hadn’t delayed too much. Twain leaned back in the driver’s seat and watched surrounding cars pass by, while popping another piece of licorice in her mouth.

She could never get enough candy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff