Total Votes:[ 39 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 129 130 131 > >> »|

Hellraiser

Neon Graffiti

Ooc:
I can pull up that discussion you know?
xD
How many fights did we get into?
Was it not you who recommend I left in the first place?
Saka Hirozumi
Neon Graffiti

Ooc:
I can pull up that discussion you know?
xD
How many fights did we get into?
Was it not you who recommend I left in the first place?

( You can pull up whatever you want! I already know that none of it says that I barred you from the thread. Now, I did say that leaving the GA for a brief stint might be a good idea to help ease your mind a bit, but I never once said you weren't allowed to post in the GA. o_O Why would I do that? That makes no sense! )

Hellraiser

Neon Graffiti

Ooc:
It actually wouldn't be the first time you've done it.
There was the 2008 incident...
Then there was 07'.
Can't forget early 2009 either!
( Aside that I don't remember any of those times, this time I didn't. I know I didn't, because I even tried to talk you into staying! But your momentary isolation from the GA was entirely self-imposed. Sure we got into a spat here and there, but in the end, I respected your decision. o.o I mean, sometimes we need a break from the monotonous to renew ourselves. And look, you just showed it. You have a fresh, new, revamped (pun intended) character just waiting to be put in the ropes. Isolation was good for you!

I mean, we love you here in the thread, but I wasn't gonna beg for you to hang on if you didn't want to... )

Hellraiser

Neon Graffiti

Ooc:
Now I'm calling BS xD
You wouldn't even listen to any of my story ideas at the time all of this started!
We could not come to an agreement, and you recommended I leave, and I did.
Though I am honestly enjoying this new Saka rather well.
You know... We can argue all damn day and it will be a stand still like this.

We should solve this like men...

CHILDREN'S CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!
[ Isle de Gambino]

The home to which they returned would be little more than a shell of its former self. Plumes of smoke blossomed from several corners of the once luscious tropical resort that was once known as Isle de Gambino. Harbors had been butchered, the snobby moneybaggers that owned them now stripped of any inclination of escaping this newly found hellhole the revolutionists re-dubbed "Isle de Nativ." Even the lesser middle class had not been spared; several of the islands famous ferries lay sinking like the Titanic off the coast. The last remaining tickets off this island were the very airships the Gambino Army flew in here on.

Graffiti coated the island all the way out to the coast, promoting some kind of "revolution" to "take the island back." The isles had gone to hell since the Johnny K. Gambino's death, and since news of his beloved son's most recent death, it took little more than a spark to set free the winds of turmoil.

And the citizens had far and few to protect them with their beloved "Gambino Army" fighting across seas. Moreover, the SOLDIER, the island police's special forces, were not there to nick any sort of sign of anarchy in the bud. The Army, in all its glorified pieces, would not recognize the "home" they once knew...
[ Isle de Gambino ]

Hyde laughed, though solemnly. "I don't think that's how things work these days, Tilung." Where did Neon find this guy? That aside, the guy had become inseparable from the Gambino Army; so much so that they couldn't imagine being without him. The morale he imposed, however dated, was comparable to the legendary Drill Sergeant Sae.
"Especially not after a fight like that." Hyde continued to explain as he walked, sadness swelling up his heart, even in that nice three-piece suit of his. "Not after a fight where we had to fight, and kill our own." He paused in his steps, hearing the humming bird that was Mel Reynolds, her complaints right on time.

"Don't worry Reynolds, the kids aren't goin' anywhere." Hyde assured her, smoke flaring out from his nostrils. "Besides, it's good to check up on the main island every once in a while.
"
The words fell out of his mouth as he hiked up the dunes, finally reaching an overview of the island, where they witnessed a scene that could be deemed heartbreaking to anyone like Jessie Hawk. The harbor they'd arrived at had been turned into little less than a graveyard, with luxury boats, yachts and seaplanes sunken, or worse...
Any seafaring machines that had survived the massacre were left free to float far beyond where anybody could be capable of swimming.

"What... the hell is going on!" Hyde shouted, dashing down to the scene. There lie several bodies of Gambino Island police officers, the "Demolitionists" who did not side with Tenack Acki's kind. Hyde tried to find someone, anyone alive enough to give him the details... but it was all for naught.
"All the boats, ferries... anything that connected the island to the mainland is gone." Hyde was shocked. Just, what happened here...?!

Tipsy Reveler

"Mmmm~" Chiharu hung onto him for a moment, inhaling the musty smell of smoke and catnip in his jacket - so familiar. <3

When he set her back down on her feet, it took her a moment to make sense of what her mother had just asked. Wait...she was really talking about 13? What kind of a name was,
"Tybalt? THAT'S been you name this whole time?" Her hands landed on her hips, her chin tilted to look up at him. "How anticlimactic! And how do you know my mom, oh murderous cousin of Capulet?"

Tipsy Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
((I feel like writing. So have some filler.))
===
Somewhere south of Durem, in a beat up hotel last night...
===
Chaos nursed a glass of whiskey, staring out the window at the stars. George, Chaos, Private First class. Turncoat, back stabber, betrayer. He wasn't entirely sure which title fit best anymore. Flashbacks flew through his mind. The war on the coasts of the pirate alliance. The betrayal. His confusion, grasping for someone or something to side with and finally settling on an intangible descriptor when he found no one. The G-bots, the scouting, his duels.

Swirling the glass, he questioned it. All of it. He didn't fully understand why he did the things he had done, or what had truly guided him in the direction he'd gone in. What had he hoped to gain? He had no direction. That's why he had been so easy to manipulate during the G-bot takeover.

He couldn't quite put his finger on it. In no way did he desire to be a foot soldier again. The feeling as the enemy rushed the front lines was indescribable. Every good intent, every ounce of pride and determination ebbed out in that moment, and suddenly the only thing he was filled with was fear and an intense desire for self preservation at any cost. He could not, would not put himself in that position again.

Almost entirely countering that, however... He loved the action, the danger, the adrenaline. Not knowing if he'd actually make it through. He liked one on one fights. In this way he was conflicted because if at any point there was a chance of dying or losing, he would do whatever it took to get out alive. Fleeing... He was very good at fleeing. If that made him a coward, he was glad of it. Cowards lived. This indecision and confusion truly earned him the nickname Chaos.

He took a long sip. This was nothing more than nostalgia, truthfully. The true question to ask himself now was where he wanted to go with this, what he wanted in the end. He'd earned a reputation for messing things up. Wherever he showed up, he would always make the situation more confusing if not necessarily worse. This was a reputation he could use.

Chaos wanted to live. To survive. But not without some danger. There wasn't anything material that he particularly wanted. Fortune came and went. Whatever sense of affection he had felt dead and hollow now. He abandoned what friends he had on the battlefield. Should he run into them again, they would gladly put a bullet in him. If they were capable of it. And Jacob... If he felt anything that could be confused with affection, it was still that sense of rivalry with that kid. He would kill him ten times over if he could, to prove his own skill... and yet he never truly wanted Jacob dead because it meant there would be no more duels.

The drink was nearly empty now, and he still had no real answers. Perhaps, despite how inconsistent and indecisive he was... Perhaps Chaos actually wanted control. Enough control to keep the action moving but without putting himself in danger. But what action did he want, he wondered? He had turned to crime after the war because he felt irredeemable. He felt dirty. Not worthless, but still low. He felt it was the only way to go, being a deserter.

But that simply wasn't the case. He could pull himself from the fire and start helping people again if he chose, just as easily as he could blow up the most important buildings in Barton in the name of garnering attention. He could do whatever he wanted. He was Chaos, he had no ties. No real grudges. There were no rules to follow.

He considered that for a while, before looking down at a blank white controller resting beside his empty bottle. It had taken a lot of doing to get that contraption. He was still uncertain why he wanted it, or what he would do with it. But he liked having the choice to use or not use it. Again, Chaos enjoyed control. He smirked slightly at the sheer irony of it. This next mission would be fun... and if it went well, it would make him one of the most dangerous men on Gaia. That would be something of an accomplishment, he supposed. Good enough for now.

===
Isle de Gambino
===
Tilung's descended into one of contemplation. "Fighting your own isn't easy, but there were no other alternatives we hadn't tried. Your military did it's best to safely diffuse the situation with as few casualties as possible. They did honorably. Best not to dwell on the unpleasant parts and try to take one's mind off it."

Tilung followed. When Hyde finally slowed down, he bent to check one of the bodies of the demolitionists. He he opened the woman's eyes, and looked deep into them. Then he lifted her arm, feeling for certain bodily flows. "They haven't been gone long. While I wouldn't say their blood is warm, the body certainly isn't stiff yet."
Countess Elsinore
"Mmmm~" Chiharu hung onto him for a moment, inhaling the musty smell of smoke and catnip in his jacket - so familiar. <3

When he set her back down on her feet, it took her a moment to make sense of what her mother had just asked. Wait...she was really talking about 13? What kind of a name was,
"Tybalt? THAT'S been you name this whole time?" Her hands landed on her hips, her chin tilted to look up at him. "How anticlimactic! And how do you know my mom, oh murderous cousin of Capulet?"

Akako Akari

[ Aekea - Hotaru Castle ]

To Chiharu or Elizabeth, this crazy random happenstance meant little to them. After all, why wouldn't it make sense if 13 was involved with his community? But 13 was much more involved than Chiharu initially supposed...
"I knew your father." In an instant, 13 dropped the bomb. Staring spaciously out into the distance, he eventually looked back down against the little red hazard he'd gotten to know over the past few years like she was someone he'd never met. Hands bracing on her shoulders, he held her still, as if trying to get a good look at her. And, before she could question if who she meant was the Lord of the House, Jiro, he stamped out any inclination with his following revelation.
"Kyros." Thirteen said, looking her dead in the eye. His green circles glimmered with epiphany as he looked into her's, seeing someone else. "You're his daughter."

Elizabeth watched as the touching scene unfolded between her old friend and her daughter. Thirteen had left days before Chiharu's birth twenty-odd years ago. To think they'd come into contact years later, oceans away from Aekea. She fought back tears, but at the same time, could say little, knowing that her husband Jiro could be slightly distraught to know a friend of the traitorous tanuki that was Chiharu's father had come through the tori gateway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the outside of the veranda, Urashima kept Yukiko close. Subtly, orb scanned the vicinity, one of which staying with him and reporting any findings through a complicated holodeck.

"While I hate to admit it, this a... how do you say? "A sweet deal?" I mean, you'll certainly be safe - what you saw was just an integer of Jiro's power. He tries not to go too wild, 'less he insight the wrath of Smokey the Bear, and whathaveyou." Ura teased, before continuing his typefest.
"But barrier not withstanding, it won't be long before my family puts it together that you're here by process of elimination. I need to request an audience with them, to n** this in the bud..." He muttered, forgetting that this whole satire about family feuds and kinship vendettas was unknown to the poor, sheltered snow fox...

He took a moment to look back at the dear girl he, Momotaro, and the currently absent Tsusaka were tasked to protect.
"Yuki-hime," He bid of her, striking her with cold, obstructive eyes normally unseen in the eccentric hero. "Do you think you can stay here awhile, whilst I deal with the ones after you? I promise I won't be long. And I know he doesn't look like he's in the best shape, but," Urashima cocked a brow at his sleeping colleague. "Momotaro will protect you. At least, 'till Saka gets back..."
[Mountain tops of Durem]

Jo had at this time finished her well prepared meal as she layed down on her bed in the old cabin her Uncle Ephraim built when he first came to gaia. As far as she knew the war was over and things would settle down in the four towns of Gaia.
She had made sure all contact with the outside world was cut off just so she could keep her enemies from finding her until everything blew over.
looking to the warm fire place she thought back to the moment she first decided to fight.
Saka Hirozumi

::: Ooc: :::

Son, you were an accident... We really just had no protection 1200 years ago!

Hellraiser

Itsuki Hirozumi

Ooc:
Go to Hell, dad!

Tipsy Reveler

"N-no, Jiro's not my-"
Chiharu stopped dead, for a moment not believing that 13 had just uttered that name. It was so surreal, too much so. Even in the Hotaru home, no one ever dared uttered the name of that cursed tanuki, but someone from a different corner of her life entirely? Too much.

But then, she never really asked how old 13- er- Tybalt was, did she? She supposed...
"Yeah, I am." Her eyes searched over his face, and she found herself blinking hard. To think that he had known her father, her real father, the one who had taken her out to see the lantern lights and buy her treats, it was so...well, surreal. She found herself wishing she wasn't quite so sober, the influx of emotion in her chest just begging for a good numbing agent.

"Did you know him well?" She wondered allowed, "Could you tell me about him?"
[ Aekea - Hotaru ]

After regurgitating her from his hug, 13 realized he had lost all credibility as a ruthless yakuza, the waterworks turned full crank on his eyelids. Sopping away the tears before things got gross, he gazed again into Chiharu's eyes, bewitched by her frosty gaze. He no longer saw her as just Chiharu, anymore. And if her crystal eyes were just a few shades darker, she'd be the very spitting image of her father...

"Wow. I'll be damned. Who'd've thought Kyros' daughter was the right under my nose the whole time. Don't I feel stupid?" Not to mention perverted. "Yeah, it'll be a long drive home... is this where you've been this whole time? I don't know how he got here..." 13 eyed his unconscious apprentice. "... but where ought to be is in the Towns, helping put-down the coup the Demolitionists orchestrated." He would be the one to give Chiharu the skinny on what's been happening the last few months, but it'd be redundant in her case; "You were right all along. They turned on us. But the way things are looking, we might've won..."

Once the reel of recent events started turning, 13 turned away from Chiharu, recalling again that her departure was the reason Neon had turned into such a hermit these past few weeks; they were no longer an item.
"Nevertheless, we don't have much time. I don't mean to cut things short here but," He hoisted Neon across his back. "I'll explain everything once we're back on base..."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff