Total Votes:[ 39 ]

Tipsy Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Kiken Rider
[ Isle de Gambino - Docks ]

Indeed, there were many shipyards along the island, some greater than most. Some more exclusive than most. The pirate was getting around to explaining that to Slait before he noticed the commotion behind them, and instinctively laid his hand against his machete.
"Oh god, no..." He said, terror resonating in his voice. "That's Mahina, the leader, well, the new leader of The Natives." Slait was no doubt a learned man; if he knew of The Natives', then he knew they were a relatively harmless gang of surfers who did little more than harassed tourists, so there was logically no reason to fear their new leader. Or was there?

"Listen Colonel, I can't stop you-- but if I were you, I'd stay right where you are," The pirate, in a rare case of sympathy, warned him, as he made his way over to his brethren, drawing his weapon. "Unless you wanna get hurt!"
[Isle De Gambino - The "Other" Docks]
His eyes darted to the man's weapon at the threat, then back to his face. He shook his head, as the strings from the black guitar on his back wiggled out from behind him in like the six tendril arms of a nether demon. They flicked back and forth, as if having a mind all their own. His expression turned from tired, to one betraying aggravation. "Consider yourself lucky, that you aren't worth more of my time."

Suddenly, One of them stretched out above Slait, and whipped forward across the fool, sending him realing into the ocean with nothing more than a painful red mark. His focus turned to the others. "You guys are gonna tell me what you did with Lieutenant Luna." His strings continued to flicker. His eyes played on the edge of aggression, barely contained. "And if you are wise, you will return her to us."
Captain Jessie Hawk
Neon Graffiti

[ Isle de Gambino - Shoreline ]

Clapping his book shut with his shoe, Steve addressed Jesse with a little more than surprise. "Is that right? Because last I remembered, your closest pal Osiris was one of them." Shortly after dropping the bomb, Steve closed up his briefcase and threw it over his shoulders, having had quite enough sitting around.
"Listen, I'll take care all that other stuff. All you need worry about is stabilizing the island to make it harder for any Monuments to draw any more power. And that makes it easier for me." Steve said, trying to put it in laymen's terms. How does one "become" a Pirate King, anyhow?
Leading Jesse back to a small coastal neighborhood littered with beach-side houses and mobile homes, one would never guess that it was one of the richest streets on the island. Owned by the Moerae Clan, a crime family closely resembling a thieves' guild and one of the island's most wanted criminals, Steve had no worries that Jesse would feel right at home.
"Hey! I brought somebody you losers might wanna," Steve approached a pair of the clan members by the beach, one of which appeared to be wrestling with... a lion?

"What... the hell... is that."

Halfway into a fit, Steve brought Lee just the sort of good news he needed. Turning around and readjusting his newsboy cap with the horseshoe clip, Lee Enfield was the large, enforcer character of the Moerae Clan. A cross between an Irish gangster and an uptown hipster, the muscly man rocked a sweater vest like nobody's business.
"S'matter, boyo? You never been to a zoo before?" He said gingerly, smacking Steve's shoulder, to the agent's chagrin. "Well, well, well... today's full of surprises. There's only one dark elf in Gaia who would step on Gambino property without fear. Lee Enfield, s'pleasure," He shook Jesse's hand.

Steve rolled his eyes. "All right, well, I'll leave you two muscleheads to go break rocks, or whatever it is you do. Enfield'll catch you up," Steve said. Having endured way too much sun today, he retreated back into the Moerae's compound that he had been using as a research center since his arrival on the island.

Lee waved him off, "Eh, don't sweat that stiff. All the GMers are like that. But you're just the man I wanted to see. My fam and your crew are pretty tight around here."

::Jessie still had no real idea of what was going on. People needing to be put into place was essentially what he got out of it all. He knew there was more. Jessie however was not a fan of going into any type of situation with out any real information about what was going on. He wasn't sure how he was going to pull off this one but he would figure it out. He looked around at the small town like area. Smiled as he shook the hand of Enfield. He was an interesting one, someone who would defiantly give him more information. Possibly even help him out more then Steve had been. Steve was a good guy though, very into his job. Someone who defiantly wanted to get the point across and the job done, Jessie admired that.::

"Nice place ye go' here mate. So GMers eh? No' really sure wha' be goin' on here. Somethin' abou' me bringin' some islan' back into some sor' o' compliance o' other. Maybe ye can shen' some better ligh' on tha'."

::Looking around he then blinked his red hue's one more time before shrugging it all off.::

"So ye be lookin' fer me as well. Anythin' in particular tha' ye wish to discuss?"

[ Isle de Gambino - East Gambino ]

"Pah, the stiff didn't give you a rerun?" Lee said, watching Steve submerge back into their leader's den like a turtle. "Well, I'll fill you in on whatever you don't know. I tried asking the suit why the GA was on such an extended vacation, but all he could say is that it was "classified," He mocked, "But I think there's a heck-ton more behind it than what he says. See, while the GMers were gone, The Natives' gang, just a squad 'a punks that harass the tourists' surfing spots, suddenly elected a new leader - this broad named Mahina. And once she started leading them, they started to open carry, and scared off most the tourists. All the while spouting some kind of "locals only" BS."

"Next thing you know, the town's too scared to go to the beach, and with the GA out to lunch and no centralized police, they resorted to asking the local pirates to step in. But now they're resorting back to their old ways, and extorting the folks. >__>" The exposition had started to sound like a threat, the Irish gangster narrowing his eyes at Jesse, as if he himself was the ringleader in this operation.

"And I know you're too honorable for that... right?"
X_Sparkie_X

Slait

At first confused, the pirate gradually saw through Dorian's charade, beginning with the sound of seems popping on his favorite coat. Making an ugly face, the pirate arrested his blade shortly after feeling the brute's razory-sharp nails rake across his wrist, and shook the bangs from his complex complexion.
"Naw daddio, I think you're the one who's getting ahead of yourself. I don't know if you can count but, that doesn't matter. I don't care what kinda bull Mahina fed you; this ain't your concern." He halted, standing in the thick of his fellow vagabonds, and rudely shrugged his shoulder away from Dorian, turning to face him with his thumb at his hilt, flashing the blade like the tiniest fang. "I'll only ask once, pal. Outta the way! You don't look like the kind who's ever danced with a pirate before, and I wouldn't wanna break those pretty nails 'a yours."

Mahina kindly refused, though kept her eyes on the scene at hand. While a part of her really wanted to stop Dorian, or at least help him... a grander portion was curious to see what he'd do. After all, if things got out of hand, which they more than likely would, she would have no qualms about stepping in and showing them just what Dorian was warning them about - a disaster.
"Only all the time. I'm sorry - I didn't expect these lowlifes to be loitering around here. You sure he'll be all right?" Suddenly, a loud crash! snatched up everyone's attention. Mahina turned violently in the direction of this newcomer - surely, he was no pirate, but his action betrayed his appearance; most certainly a hostile. Mahina laughed, nervous, gave the man, Slait, her full frontal attention.

"Sorry stranger - I don't know what you're talking about." Her men instinctively sauntered closer to her and Eve protectively, their hands fishing sweaty, unsure fingers around their big, scary guns, ready to defend their goddess with their life. "And what if I'm not wise?"

Dedicated Gaian

Kiken Rider
X_Sparkie_X

Slait

At first confused, the pirate gradually saw through Dorian's charade, beginning with the sound of seems popping on his favorite coat. Making an ugly face, the pirate arrested his blade shortly after feeling the brute's razory-sharp nails rake across his wrist, and shook the bangs from his complex complexion.
"Naw daddio, I think you're the one who's getting ahead of yourself. I don't know if you can count but, that doesn't matter. I don't care what kinda bull Mahina fed you; this ain't your concern." He halted, standing in the thick of his fellow vagabonds, and rudely shrugged his shoulder away from Dorian, turning to face him with his thumb at his hilt, flashing the blade like the tiniest fang. "I'll only ask once, pal. Outta the way! You don't look like the kind who's ever danced with a pirate before, and I wouldn't wanna break those pretty nails 'a yours."

Mahina kindly refused, though kept her eyes on the scene at hand. While a part of her really wanted to stop Dorian, or at least help him... a grander portion was curious to see what he'd do. After all, if things got out of hand, which they more than likely would, she would have no qualms about stepping in and showing them just what Dorian was warning them about - a disaster.
"Only all the time. I'm sorry - I didn't expect these lowlifes to be loitering around here. You sure he'll be all right?" Suddenly, a loud crash! snatched up everyone's attention. Mahina turned violently in the direction of this newcomer - surely, he was no pirate, but his action betrayed his appearance; most certainly a hostile. Mahina laughed, nervous, gave the man, Slait, her full frontal attention.

"Sorry stranger - I don't know what you're talking about." Her men instinctively sauntered closer to her and Eve protectively, their hands fishing sweaty, unsure fingers around their big, scary guns, ready to defend their goddess with their life. "And what if I'm not wise?"

[Isle De Gambino - Docks]

As her soul search went deeper into figuring out what was going on and where this Luna girl was Kira picked up on some heavy energy this triggered her into action as she came down from the skies behind Slait hovering as she heard the name Luna and senced her soul energy on this Mahina aswell as Mel's. "Enough games! Do as the man says and return the girl. She is no use to you. But I will have your blood for what you did to my friend."
She awaited the responce. her swords still sheathed but as sharp as ever.
((* JESSIE HAWK WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?? *BEAR HUG TIMES 3*

@Neon. Still slacking I see stare I'll have you know when our landlord in Durem gets thins setup thats it Your chance will be gone and a Clean slate will begin.))

Fashionable Explorer

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Jo Taurean
((* JESSIE HAWK WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?? *BEAR HUG TIMES 3*

@Neon. Still slacking I see stare I'll have you know when our landlord in Durem gets thins setup thats it Your chance will be gone and a Clean slate will begin.))

(( ::Returns the hugs.:: Missed you too Jo! <3 It's been a long story, party of which involved some hospital time, and two surgery's because of a very stubborn Kidney Stone, and yea life. Could always PM me for the whole story. How are you though?))

Fashionable Explorer

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Neon Graffiti
Captain Jessie Hawk
Neon Graffiti

Clapping his book shut with his shoe, Steve addressed Jesse with a little more than surprise. "Is that right? Because last I remembered, your closest pal Osiris was one of them." Shortly after dropping the bomb, Steve closed up his briefcase and threw it over his shoulders, having had quite enough sitting around.
"Listen, I'll take care all that other stuff. All you need worry about is stabilizing the island to make it harder for any Monuments to draw any more power. And that makes it easier for me." Steve said, trying to put it in laymen's terms. How does one "become" a Pirate King, anyhow?
Leading Jesse back to a small coastal neighborhood littered with beach-side houses and mobile homes, one would never guess that it was one of the richest streets on the island. Owned by the Moerae Clan, a crime family closely resembling a thieves' guild and one of the island's most wanted criminals, Steve had no worries that Jesse would feel right at home.
"Hey! I brought somebody you losers might wanna," Steve approached a pair of the clan members by the beach, one of which appeared to be wrestling with... a lion?

Halfway into a fit, Steve brought Lee just the sort of good news he needed. Turning around and readjusting his newsboy cap with the horseshoe clip, Lee Enfield was the large, enforcer character of the Moerae Clan. A cross between an Irish gangster and an uptown hipster, the muscly man rocked a sweater vest like nobody's business.
"S'matter, boyo? You never been to a zoo before?" He said gingerly, smacking Steve's shoulder, to the agent's chagrin. "Well, well, well... today's full of surprises. There's only one dark elf in Gaia who would step on Gambino property without fear. Lee Enfield, s'pleasure," He shook Jesse's hand.

Steve rolled his eyes. "All right, well, I'll leave you two muscleheads to go break rocks, or whatever it is you do. Enfield'll catch you up," Steve said. Having endured way too much sun today, he retreated back into the Moerae's compound that he had been using as a research center since his arrival on the island.

Lee waved him off, "Eh, don't sweat that stiff. All the GMers are like that. But you're just the man I wanted to see. My fam and your crew are pretty tight around here."

::Jessie still had no real idea of what was going on. People needing to be put into place was essentially what he got out of it all. He knew there was more. Jessie however was not a fan of going into any type of situation with out any real information about what was going on. He wasn't sure how he was going to pull off this one but he would figure it out. He looked around at the small town like area. Smiled as he shook the hand of Enfield. He was an interesting one, someone who would defiantly give him more information. Possibly even help him out more then Steve had been. Steve was a good guy though, very into his job. Someone who defiantly wanted to get the point across and the job done, Jessie admired that.::

"Nice place ye go' here mate. So GMers eh? No' really sure wha' be goin' on here. Somethin' abou' me bringin' some islan' back into some sor' o' compliance o' other. Maybe ye can shen' some better ligh' on tha'."

::Looking around he then blinked his red hue's one more time before shrugging it all off.::

"So ye be lookin' fer me as well. Anythin' in particular tha' ye wish to discuss?"

"Pah, the stiff didn't give you a rerun?" Lee said, watching Steve submerge back into their leader's den like a turtle. "Well, I'll fill you in on whatever you don't know. I tried asking the suit why the GA was on such an extended vacation, but all he could say is that it was "classified," He mocked, "But I think there's a heck-ton more behind it than what he says. See, while the GMers were gone, The Natives' gang, just a squad 'a punks that harass the tourists' surfing spots, suddenly elected a new leader - this broad named Mahina. And once she started leading them, they started to open carry, and scared off most the tourists. All the while spouting some kind of "locals only" BS."

"Next thing you know, the town's too scared to go to the beach, and with the GA out to lunch and no centralized police, they resorted to asking the local pirates to step in. But now they're resorting back to their old ways, and extorting the folks. >__>" The exposition had started to sound like a threat, the Irish gangster narrowing his eyes at Jesse, as if he himself was the ringleader in this operation.

::Jessie Hawk smirked, honorable was the word for him alright. But he would have extorted plenty of people if he could. The people of Gaia however were not his enemies. There would be no reason for him to make coin off of their woe's.::

"If this were another time, an' place mate. I may have less o' tha' honor tha' ye be hopin' fer. A las, ye be lucky enough to fin' me no' jus' in a goo' moo'. I also be a man who hates to see when others be enslave' by the will o' another."

::The Pirate King began to pace back and forth. He was thinking deeply to himself. There was a lot he didn't know, Mahina was a new name. Knew nothing about her. Bartering with her should prove to be interesting to say the least.::

"So tell me more abou' this Mahina lass. Also wha' are these Monuments tha' the suit la' was very excited abou'? I believe he men' well, fillin' me in on so much, an' no really answerin' the questions seems to be his well problem. Very lively though. Knows his stuff I can tell ye tha'. Grea' fer someone who is well up to date with the worl'. I have been a bi' ou' o' touch so to speak."
Kabuki-Kun
Again, Chiharu found herself tugging on Neon's shoulder, her fingers grabbing urgently into his jacket. She'd never seen him so violent! The short fuse had been her shtick for so long, she didn't quite know how to handle it in someone else. "Neon, I'm sorry!" She yanked on his jacket, urging him and his venomous frustration off her innocent fling. "I'm sorry I ditched you, I'm sorry I haven't called, and I am sorry Gino is dead. But you can't take it out on him; it's not fair."

Stefano stood...confused. He's expected Leon to be happy for him, and he sure as s**t had not expected whatever bizarre and supremely awkward history Red seemed to have with him. Stef started to wonder if she had singled out the men in his life, or if she really just got all over town, and hitting a few of his buddies was inevitable.
"I kinda thought you'd be happy for me. Demarco was."

[ Isle de Gambino - Hotel ]

The combined efforts of Chiharu and Stefano extinguished his anger, and Neon had slowly begun to realize he was losing his grip on himself. Gradually lowering a shaky Guanlong, he couldn't even choke out a response, he was so ashamed. Finally he had been able to talk to Chiharu and Stefano, after months and years respectively, and this is what he had to offer them?

A moment of terror waned in Guanlong's expression, and he'd begun to laugh, albeit with caution. "Talk about police brutality." He whispered, "You gonna put me down there, muscles, or are we gonna go all the way?"

Before things could egt any worse, the front door flung open, revealing none other than the "White Tiger" Yu, his pale hair dancing as he freed his pistol and trained his trigger at the nearest offender - in this case, the fool manhandling his nephew. "Drop him!" He exclaimed firing several shots in Neon's direction, none of which making their target. Yu betrayed a momentary look a disbelief before Neon dropped Guanlong completely, and escaped out the balcony.
Both he and Guanlong found themselves bent over the railing, attempting to find him, but came back empty handed.

"Heh, just in time," Guanlong said, with a mix of honesty and sarcasm, and he shoved Yu jokingly. "You sure did scare him off,"

Yu, still looking pale-faced, replied, "I was trying to kill him," which gave Guanlong an equally chilled expression. "And I never miss." After a minute and a half before they started hearing sirens, Yu finally gave up on trying to find the escaped soldier, or any trace of blood.

"Oh balls, it's the fuzz! Everybody scram!" Isle de Gambino was very different from Durem, but the sound of that damn siren never changed. Picking up all his belongings he wasted no time racing past everyone else and scramming to, where he hoped to be Yu's car parked outside. Eventually Yu led everybody else, including a confused Stefan, out to his Beemer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ isle de Gambino - Marketplace ]

Meanwhile, Neon, racing through the marketplace district, practically dragging Fortuna with him, he ducked behind a corner with her to avoid prowling GPD vehicles.

"Aren't you an officer of the law?" Fortuna asked, her smile never waning. "What do you have to be afraid of?"

"Old habits, I guess," Neon sighed, then sadly slipped down the wall he was leaned again.

Fortuna followed him in his descent, cradling his emotionally battered self. "Things didn't go well up there, did they?"

"No." Neon muffled, his head sunken between his knees. "How can you tell."

"Inuition. emotion_bigheart Don't worry, bear cub. You can tell me when we get home."

Home...? The way she said it, made it sound like they had been living in the same place for years. But almost everything Fortuna did made her appear "familiar", like she had known him for years. And, considering she seemed to know more about him than he did, she might as well have. It was a strange puree of comfort and suspicion.
"In any case, thanks for saving me back there. I'd be Swiss cheese if not for you."

"Save...?"

Neon's head lifted up, a face of concern. "That gangster shot at me and missed every shot. You're telling me you didn't do that?"

Fortuna's frown turned fair once again. "Maybe it was your own luck."

Tipsy Reveler

[ Isle de Gambino - Hotel ]

Chiharu was wicked fast, but even she didn't have time to do anything but catch her breath before shots were fired. Her fingers grasped into Neon's jacket, but he tore away and was gone before she could catch him. Probably for the better, given Guanlong's uncle.. "Are you ******** crazy?! You don't just kick down the door and start shooting to kill! You think you're in some kinda movie?" Oh, the lecture would have continued. She might have even picked herself a fight, but the wail of sirens cut her off. It was time to go.

Chiharu didn't rush from the sirens with her party. She stayed, leaning over the balcony and looking down at the dim street where Neon had disappeared. He'd done it so efficiently; he must have learned from her. He wasn't usually one to up and run. "He's a mess.." She hummed, just to herself, and didn't have to wonder whose fault it was. Her rock steady soldier was cracking, her suits who had counted on, and leaned on her were scrambling to run the place themselves, and Chiharu squeezed her eyes shut. It was a painfully sober moment of clarity.

It had to get swallowed back before she ran after Guan.

Across the street, just out of the reach of the street lamp's grasp, another long lost cousin witnessed Neon sink to the ground. She'd seen his leap off the balcony too, and caught a glimpse of the low-life trying to off him.
She gave a quiet laugh, watching his confused, lantern eyes look up at Fortuna.
"You're welcome, Cousin."

The brick Neon leaned on might have been cold, but the building was anything but. Golden light spilled out of the windows, illuminating the street, and a soft tune was coming from inside. Though it was muffled and somewhat drowned by the chatter of patrons, the girl behind that voice was singing with all the passion she had. Her practiced, crisp voice drifted onto the street and wrapped a sweet soundtrack around Neon's disappointment..
[ Isle de Gambino ]

Shortly after threatening a couple people, Guanlong found himself in Yu's car - not without opening the door for Chiharu of course, the big softie.
"Never a dull moment, huh...?" He exhaled, grooving his fingers through his hawk. Sending a scarlet eye towards Chiharu, he noticed her distance, and felt like it was his fault. "... I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier. I didn't mean to.. I mean, I..." Guanlong choked. "Didn't mean to get my a** kicked by your big, stripper-cop boyfriend."

[******** off! That was your boyfriend??" Wheelman Yu said, twisting the wheel, mad at first, turning into a chuckle. "Well, how's it feel, Guanlong? Your first ex-boyfriend beat down! Sucker caught you off-guard, didn't he? Wait!" Yu twisted around in his seat, "Did you say he was a cop?!"

"Shut up, Yu!" Guanlong barked back, before returning to Chiharu. "Listen, babe, I don't... care."

"Hey, I care! You said you were from a private army, but you never mentioned anything about no cop!"

"Really, what's the difference, Yu?" Kintaro asked, his hair flickering in the wind of an opened window. "Everyone here seems to know him, any way."

"Hey, yeah," Guanlong eyed Stefano in the passenger's seat, the spotlight now on him. "What was that all about? You hugged him like he was your..." A fowl feeling boiled in Guanlong's stomach, and his voice came out softer than he intended. "Like he was your brother, or something."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Isle de Gambino - Marketplace ]

Neon and Fortuna sat for what seemed like hours, waiting for the sirens to fade. Fortuna was right, he had nothing to afraid of, and yet, he didn't feel like explaining himself to anybody. No matter how close his cousin held him, he felt alone, and stranded, just like how he felt 10 years ago when he'd first arrived on the island.
Suddenly, Neon had felt something he hadn't in a long time; inspired. Head risen, he realized the cold, lonely stone he had parked his posterior against was in fact a happening speakeasy, and it's heart was that voice, and Neon was powerless to resist.

Almost on cue, Fortuna began to help her cousin to his feet. "Come on. Let's get you something for you to drink." She said, steering him the direction of the speakeasy, though, she didn't need to. Neon knew exactly where he was going.
Even though she didn't speak to her, Fortuna, who always seemed to know when and where something was at the right time, looked across the street and winked at the woman watching them, before following Neon into the bar.

Bars. The whole island was full of them, and Neon had thought that if you'd seen one, you'd seen 'em all. But this place was swanky, to say the least; a change of flavor to the deep dives he was used to. But it wasn't the drinks he was looking for - it was the voice.

Anxious Fatcat

9,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Kiken Rider

Slait

Eve shook his head. "Dorian is just playing, It's how he makes friends." He said, quickly losing interest in Kinza and Dorian's shenanigans. "You should say something though if you want your friend in one piece."

Kinza shrugged his hand away and Dorian chuckled. For a moment his hand hung in the air like it was still on the pirate's shoulder and suddenly, something in Dorian's neck cracked. He snarled then, his nails looking a hell of a lot more like claws and his canines, fangs. He was more the ready to charge and take a swipe at Kinza, but looked up just in time to see the pirate Slait had attacked make a graceful arch in the air and skip over the top of the ocean. There was a pause and Dorian snorted, his claws and fangs retreated while he laughed. "Well, bright lady..." He felt himself say, forgetting about Kinza, straightening his jacket and turning his attention towards Slait.

"Excusez-moi? I don't see a warrant. Besides, you and the harpy are the ones that look like kidnappers." Eve said, looking directly at Slait and the woman hanging above his head from behind the line of Mahina's armed lackies. He exhaled and cigarette smoke billowed from between his teeth. "I hired this woman and her team as escorts, and it's no wonder. Perhaps you should be worried about these imbécile pirates harassing tourists trying to enter this city." Despite the tension and accusations, the decorations adorning Eve's antlers continued to jingle cheerfully with every move of his head. "They're always more then happy to snatch people up I hear."
Captain Jessie Hawk
Neon Graffiti
Captain Jessie Hawk
Neon Graffiti

::Jessie Hawk smirked, honorable was the word for him alright. But he would have extorted plenty of people if he could. The people of Gaia however were not his enemies. There would be no reason for him to make coin off of their woe's.::

"If this were another time, an' place mate. I may have less o' tha' honor tha' ye be hopin' fer. A las, ye be lucky enough to fin' me no' jus' in a goo' moo'. I also be a man who hates to see when others be enslave' by the will o' another."

::The Pirate King began to pace back and forth. He was thinking deeply to himself. There was a lot he didn't know, Mahina was a new name. Knew nothing about her. Bartering with her should prove to be interesting to say the least.::

"So tell me more abou' this Mahina lass. Also wha' are these Monuments tha' the suit la' was very excited abou'? I believe he men' well, fillin' me in on so much, an' no really answerin' the questions seems to be his well problem. Very lively though. Knows his stuff I can tell ye tha'. Grea' fer someone who is well up to date with the worl'. I have been a bi' ou' o' touch so to speak."

Despite his being a dark elf, Lee could sense no darkness in Jesse, no matter how much he fished. While slightly disappointed, he was also pleasantly surprised. In fact, Jesse might've been the goldenest hearted dark elf he'd ever met; considering that the most of them were eating through straws by now.
"I trust you, Jesse. I trust you enough to get a beer with you. I'll explain more there," He patted Jesse on the back, and led the pirate. "But while we're here, I'll tell you what I know about Mahina-- which is nada," Lee sliced his hand through the air. "She came outta the blue, took over the Natives' gang, next thing you know, they're all strapped to the nines. At first I thought it was your boys' arming them, but they said they got nothing to do with it."

"And all this talk about 'Monuments'...?" Lee shrugged, "I dunno what he's on about. Maybe Fortuna knows?"

Tipsy Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
X_Sparkie_X
Kiken Rider

Slait

Eve shook his head. "Dorian is just playing, It's how he makes friends." He said, quickly losing interest in Kinza and Dorian's shenanigans. "You should say something though if you want your friend in one piece."

Kinza shrugged his hand away and Dorian chuckled. For a moment his hand hung in the air like it was still on the pirate's shoulder and suddenly, something in Dorian's neck cracked. He snarled then, his nails looking a hell of a lot more like claws and his canines, fangs. He was more the ready to charge and take a swipe at Kinza, but looked up just in time to see the pirate Slait had attacked make a graceful arch in the air and skip over the top of the ocean. There was a pause and Dorian snorted, his claws and fangs retreated while he laughed. "Well, bright lady..." He felt himself say, forgetting about Kinza, straightening his jacket and turning his attention towards Slait.

"Excusez-moi? I don't see a warrant. Besides, you and the harpy are the ones that looks like kidnappers." Eve said, looking directly at Slait and the woman hanging above his head from behind the line of Mahina's armed lackies. He exhaled and cigarette smoke billowed from between his teeth. "I hired this woman and her team as escorts, and it's no wonder. Perhaps you should be worried about these imbécile pirates harassing tourists trying to enter this city." Despite the tension and accusations, the decorations adorning Eve's antlers continued to jingle cheerfully with every move of his head. "They're always more then happy to snatch people up I hear."
[Isle De Gambino - The "Other" Docks]

At Eve's calm response, Slait managed to calm himself down just a few notches. He took a deep breath before responding, he wanted to be as even as he could. He didn't see a way for this to go peacefully, but it never hurt to try reasoning.

He straightened himself up, the strings reeling themselves in, trying to look a little more diplomatic. It probably did not work. He looked in the direction of the guy with the antlers, but ended up focusing on the group as a whole. "Fair enough. I got no qualms with you if you're not involved. But I can't let her off the hook, search warrant or no." He gestured towards the woman. "I have multiple eye witnesses that were there at the time of the crime, describing two women fitting the description of the person I'm looking for, and the person you've hired. One made off with the other. That, and I know the events were carried out by the Native Gang because it was in the report on the battle." He gestured in the direction he'd sent the lackey flying off in. "That one there already pegged your escort as the gang leader, and I'll be damned if she doesn't know something when she's the one dishing out the orders."

Slait scanned the area real quick, watching for any quick movements. He didn't want to get caught off guard, and in this effort to keep things from escalating, he was opening himself up quite a bit. "It also doesn't hurt my case that I was threatened by that lackey with a blade and I don't take kindly to threats on my life. The law tends to get pretty foggy after that." He did not acknowledge the woman behind him. He didn't recognize her right away and his mind was a bit preoccupied with the mess that was going on in front of him.

Tipsy Reveler

[ Isle de Gambino ]

"My ex." Chiharu grumped at least twice, interjecting between uncle and nephew. It wasn't until Yu shut up for a second that she started to cue in that Guanlong's mood wasn't much better than her own. Right...her ex had decked him, and it probably hadn't made his day. Scooting up to the edge of her seat so she could reach him in the front, she slid her hands over his warm shoulders and massaged at the tightness she found there. "I'm sorry for tonight. Like...all of tonight." This was a night for apologies, apparently, and she sunk her forehead against the back of his head rest.
She didn't mind at all when the attention was turned on Stefano.

"Can't you drive any faster?" Stefano squirmed uncomfortably in his seat. He hated being driven around. Hated it. His first meeting with Neon in years hadn't left him feeling exactly cozy either.
He peeked up at Guanlong. "Oh...I mean he kind of is. My mom took care of him while his was sick, and we were pretty much raised together. And he took care of me for a while after my ma went to jail." Stef smiled, half laughing. "We didn't eat much, but looking back, he was just a kid then too. I know he did what he could." He shrugged, sinking back in his seat. After a moment, he glanced over at Chiharu and added, "And then Red ******** him I guess. Owch!"
Stef rubbed his shoulder, glaring over at her as Red went back to loosening Guan's shoulders.

The voice he sought wouldn't be hard to find; she was marked by the black piano she was sitting behind. A couple men and women had to pass by before she came into his sight, gently swaying behind the piano she'd borrowed for the night. She sang with a smile, her eyes closed, apparently playing her song by ear.

The musician couldn't have been over 25, and from her looks she was related to the native Islanders. Black hair was cut to layer around her face and drape around her shoulders, and when she turned her head, she showed subtle dots of blue at the side of each of her eyes. They were most likely marks that came with the same non-human genes that pointed the tips of her small ears.
The girl leaned into her instrument, crooning sweetly to a room that wasn't really listening. Well, all but one of them.
"♫...But you can lay with me so it doesn't hurt, Oh, won't you stay with me? 'Cause you're all I need...♪"
[ Isle de Gambino ]

"Up the shut ******** or I'll do it for you, Stefano!" Guanlong growled, before poised against the seat, he reveled in Chiharu's cool touch. Arms crossed, he was already thinking of ways he'd get back at that blue-haired sonovabitch, but as the day wound down, he realized it wouldn't matter. He didn't care what Neon said; Gino was dead, and now Stefano and him were the only hope this island had left at redemption. But if the rest of the Gambino Army was so passionate about Gino's return as Neon was, maybe they'd have to rethink their strategy.
"So this guy is my cousin's brother and my girlfriend's ex-boyfriend. It's a small world after all~" Guanlong said whimsically, with a hint of malice. "So why ain't he with us then, if you two were so tight? Why is he a cop? Is he on Demarco's payroll or something?"

"Yu," Kintaro cut in, coming up from behind Yu's seat. "I hate to interrupt, but I need you to make a detour. Chiharu and I have some very important business to attend to."

"Ohhh, no! No detours! We're meeting up with Dilong, and that's final! And besides," He eyed Chiharu, not suspiciously, but disappointingly. "It sounds like there's a lot more to Red's story than she initially told us."

"Can we just drop it, Yu?" Guanlong said, eyes closed. "It won't be long before we're bossing around all the cops here, anyway." But after a moment, his eye peeked open. "... what kinda "very important" business?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Fortuna doing the honors of arranging seats for them, which was honestly not needed considering who she was, Neon paid no mind, his eyes (and ears) locked only on the beauty behind the piano, singing notes from a song he'd never listen to, unless it was off her soundtrack. Neon passed up a cocktail, but Fortuna held up two fingers to signify he wanted one. Soon, the waitress returned with just what she ordered, and Neon took a sip.
"Strawberry - my favorite! How'd you know?"

"Lucky guess?" Fortuna shrugged sillily, and sipped her drink as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff