Welcome to Gaia! ::

Date
Thursday, December 24th - Christmas Eve - Late Morning
The weather is cold and cloudy with predicted snow later in the day.
Øfficer Ʀussel ₳lcott

User Image

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

It was a quiet Christmas eve, the air was chilly to where he could see his breath as he walked up the metal steps to his apartment, the door ajar for him already from constantly walking up and down with boxes from his now locked car.

He sighed and shut the door with his leg, escaping the cold as he made his way past piles of boxes to the kitchen (which was right near the door, it was a small apartment) and he settled the box he held atop of the counter, shrugging off his coat and merely letting it drop on the floor.

In silence he surveyed his new home, piles of unopened boxes, the only furniture a small couch in the living room and a mattress in the bedroom. He knew he should have unscrewed the bed frame when he packed it in the van; it was now in the dumpster, broken from the boxes and such hitting it with every turn of the van.

Sighing softly through his nose he started the long process of unpacking things and finding places for them, though mainly just in the corners of the rooms for he hadn't thought of packing tables, and he couldn't go out to buy them, no store would be open today.....

He flattened the boxes and set them all aside in some large pile, surveying his new home again. Eh, it would have to do. He headed to the fridge(Thankfully there was one, along with a stove) and opened it up, peering in curiously.

Apparently the last folks that lived here drank beer, leaving some unopened bottles in the fridge, and he took one, checking it for a moment before he popped off the top with a bottle opener from his keys. He took a swig, running the flavor over the roof of his mouth and tongue, sucking it back with a gulp and breathing out the taste through his nose.

"....Eh.....lite beer......well, alright."

He licked his lips and headed over to the balcony side door the sun wasn't up yet with how early it was, and so he pulled the door open and stared at the near empty streets, resting his forearms against the cold steel railing, wearing nothing but a muscle shirt, jeans, and boots.

The cold licked away at his flesh, enticing goosebumps to dominate, but each time he drank from the bottle he'd feel the burn of the alcohol warming him up, until he was shivering and yet numb, staring out into the streets. Sometime in the afternoon, he'd go out to find the new precinct he was scheduled at, give them his forms and such, and learn the streets. Maybe learn them now, just in case?

The thought had him leave the balcony, shutting it and rubbing his arms, setting the glass bottle down on the counter of the kitchen. He stooped to pick up his coat, and after pulling it on he headed out. He decided not to take the car, and chose to merely walk, memorizing street names as best as he could, walking around corners in a pattern of lefts so that he could get back home with a series of rights....he was very detailed that way.

He liked how quiet everything was in the morning, how empty the streets were-it was too cold to just hang around outside, and as his footsteps echoed, he felt at ease here and inhaled the sharp, cold air, exhaling out a thin plume of vapor that vanished within seconds.

The cold....he'd have to get used to it later, it never was this cold in his old town, Fluteville, but if Whistle city's forecast said it was going to snow....He pulled up his coat's collar at the thought, his teeth chattering behind closed lips for a moment. Yikes.

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
❝Yeah it's holding me, morphing me
And forcing me to strive
To be endlessly cold within
And dreaming I'm alive❞
User Image
                                                  "What's the difference between a whore and a b***h?"

"And today's forecast, there's a white Christmas heading our way. There is a heavy front coming from the Appalachian Mountains heading straight for the northeastern coast. We have reports that most of Whistle City had experience heavy frost in the early morning, causing some traffic delay for those early commuters. There is a 60% chance of precipitation, possibly resulting in heavy snow fall for tomorrow's Christmas morning. The kids must be excited for something like this. That's it for today's weather. Tune in at 6 for your five day forecast. After the commercial, we will be discussing Whistle City's staggering crime rights and share a few opinions about our local PD..."

The Fox morning news was mere background noise in the shabby apartment. The entire space seemed to be drained of color, leaving a toned film against the bare walls. There was no bright sunshine to bring some life into the space; the cloud coverage made it hard to start this days with butterflies and rainbows coming out your a**. Most of the space was sparse with simple furniture in its place. Laundry was piled up on the worn Lazyboy. The trashcan in the kitchen was overfilled. Empty pizza boxes was stacked near the door as if purposely made to recreate the Leaning Tower of Pisa. The sink was filled with dirty dishes with some of the coffee cups half-empty. A car alarm suddenly sounded out, adding to the dingy atmosphere. From the single bedroom came screeching bed springs. There was no end to the repeated melody of the siren.

"s**t..." a cranky voice croaked, "First day off in weeks, and I can't sleep in... just once. That's all I want for Christmas."

From underneath the covers, Lorenzo popped his head, scratching his thick, blonde hair. Heavy, black circles seemed to live under his eyes. Both his peepers were bloodshot and crusted over from sleep. It was quite apparent that his skin was starved form the lack of color. Staying in your cubicle for more than half the day does that to you. The look on his face said it all; he was in the mood to play Mr. Grinch and ruin someone's day... or the person that owned the car that's going off right now! Without hesitation, Lorenzo flung the covers off of him, stomped over to the window, nearly ripped the blinds off, and shoved his window open. Flicking his eyes around, he surveyed the street below. It didn't take long to spot the bane of his existence. A Ford Focus had gone off [probably got brushed from a pedestrian]. And, low and behold, there was no owner in sight. What was this guy doing?! His car is causing a ruckus this early in the morning. Something emerged from below, coming from his building. Some guy was struggling to jog towards his car. It seemed like he was fumbling to put a pair of pants on. The keys were jingling in his hands. Finally! The beast would be silenced! To Lorenzo's dismay, this guy had no clue how to shut it off. He kept pushing random buttons on the remote car alarm, but nothing.

"'ey!! 'ey, 'ey, 'ey! It's the button on the left side! It has a horn that's crossed out!"

The stranger looked straight at Lorenzo, wondering when he appeared. Taking what he said, the guy noticed that button and pressed it. The echo of silence filled the streets. Relief seemed to spread from his tired frame. The stranger turned around and was about to thank Lorenzo. Suddenly, the guy randomly shouted.

"Hey pervert! Put your d**k away! I ain't a f**!" and rushed back into the building.

Now that was weird. What did that freak thing he's saying?! Lorenzo did feel something off. There was a chilly feeling down in his nether regions. He took a look down below to see why the guy yelled at him. Sleeping with only loose boxers on and mix in tossing and turning had resulted in his pride to flop out of the slip. Worse yet was the fact that morning wood had kicked in before the alarm sounded off. A growl rolled out of his lips as he closed his window and shut the blinds. He wasn't going to hear the end of it from his landlord about this. His eyes flicked to the digital clock. It was barely six-thirty in the morning. Another curse escaped his lips as he wandered into the bathroom. The sounds of running water tuned out the tv. Steam escaped from the cracked openings of his door. It was the easiest way to deal with it without wasting tissues.

"Whore's ******** everyone at the party. Bitches ******** everyone at the party except you."

Quote:
OoC Eh... decided to be perverted. =__=
ѺωӘȠ ℒ. ϨӧɱЗгș

XXXWith: My favorite Spatula
XXXFeeling: Pretty darn cold
XXXThoughts: Spongebob ain't got s**t on me!

Christmas Eve. Decorations were all set up around the city. Even his low life burger shack was racked with mistletoe, Santa Class posters, and 'Christmas Specials' on the menu hanging above the cashier's head. In the back, behind closed doors was an odd Owen, singing softly to himself, "Flippen patties, maken burgers. Add some pepper, shake shake shake." The usual song he sang when making round cow meat on a greasy grill. Even though he kept his clean every single day of the hour, all the fat still managed to spill everywhere and make ti a mess once more.
Rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand, a yawn escaped his pink lips, exposing pearly whites.The other hand was still busy, clutching the silver spatula. Etched in the handle was 'Spatchy'. "I don't even know WHY people want burgers on Christmas fricken Eve." Grumbling to himself, the only one agreeing to work on such a day. Owen had no family to celebrate with, so he figured why not occupy his mind. It was just a shock other's were in the same boat as him.
"Owen! We need five more double deckers pronto! Extra pickles!" Shouted a hairy looking man, who looked anxious to get the hell out of his own place. A loud groan escaped his lips, placing down his spatula, grabbing some frozen circles and tossing them on the grill. Sizzzzzle. "Bunch of fatties wanting their patties." A small chuckle, "Hehe, fatties. Patties. I'm a genius." After two more hours of being a grill slave, the place was finally empty. Silence bounced off the walls. "Close shop will ya?" Keys were chucked at the boy, fumbling around as he got a grip of them with his greasy hands. "Sure thing, Mister Krabs." Sly smile as the man was already gone, pulling his jacket tight, hurrying to his car, rushing to get home to his family.

Locking up, first thing on his list. Done. Now what? Turning around he was faced with an empty parking lot, tugging at his black thick jacket, pulling his hood over his head, a cold wind threatening to rip it off. Leather boots crunched on gravel, taking short cuts, cutting through alley ways and gladly jay-walking. Hot breath puffed in front of his face as blue eyes looked about. What does a man do when all alone on Christmas Eve? Go get drunk at a bar? Mope along at home?
Simple; get his own damn presents.

User Image

Deep wells must be dug,XXXXXX
If you want clear water.XXXXXXXX
Øfficer Ʀussel ₳lcott

User Image

Curiosity struck him when he heard a car alarm, warning flags flaring at the back of his head.
Car alarm. Christmas eve. Most robberies were on Christmas, be they home or car, because it's when people expect it the least! Well, not on his watch.

Already running, Alcott turned the corner, the cold whipping at his face, stinging his cheeks as he took short breaths, a hand moving to his hip-oh, no gun yet. He grit his teeth, following the sound and stopping at the sight of a man at the car hurrying up, and when he saw the keys he slowed to a stop, panting hard and hating the icy pain filling his chest with every breath.
A voice alerted him-he looked up and blinked in surprise at the sight of.....

....[********] Wasn't that indecent exposure? Apparently the other didn't seem to realize until he looked down, and Alcott watched him slam the window shut and disappear from view. Well......that was awkward. He shook his head softly to himself, figuring he might just see that man soon, or at least hear complaints about him from other cops, if he did that often. What if a little child had seen that man? Perhaps he should drop a visit?
.....Nah, it was Christmas, might as well give him a break.

He ran a hand through his hair and glanced around...errr.....his brows furrowed as he looked at the streets-well....s**t. He remembered a few alleys and street patterns, but.....
'Great, lost....eh, I'll find my way soon enough, just keep walking until I find a main street, I suppose.'

He had an hour or so, perhaps retracing his steps? He was unsure, but he turned on his heel, hands in his coat pockets. He exhaled a thin vapor, closing his eyes and breathing slowly now, focusing his thoughts... Let's see, passed a dumpster.... He opened his eyes, spotting it around the corner, and he turned, walking past it and the rats under, crinkling his nose in distaste for a moment.
Check, alright, passed graffiti-ah, there....

He continued this, remembering small details until he recognized a street, and to his surprise, he bumped into someone. He took a step back for a moment, a small frown forming on his face as he glanced to the boy....then at the street. From his posture, the detail-freak cop could obviously see that he crossed the street, and he could tell one thing from that.

That brat jaywalked!
Ooh, he was lucky he wasn't an official cop of the city yet, and he gritted his teeth behind closed lips, almost narrowing his gaze at the boy, a hand on his upper arm, holding him firmly, yet gently.

"Don't jaywalk. It's dangerous."

He reluctantly let go of his arms, deciding to give the boy a break as well-besides he couldn't exactly cuff him and take him to the precinct-he wasn't sure if they were open on holidays, he didn't have cuffs to take him in, and he wasn't apart of the precinct yet. Besides, though jaywalking was wrong, it wasn't bad enough to cuff someone.

And forcing me to strive
And dreaming I'm alive❞
User Image
DoctorNikolaiJamesWells

He woke to the shrill sound of two bells ringing in alarm. The male hiding beneath the dark gray bedsheets groaned. His brow furrowed in irritation as he reached across the mattress blindly to the evil little device that sounded its alarm. Once he had hold of it he jabbed his fingers in between the bells where a slender piece of metal was bouncing back and forth. His fingers stopped the movement thus ending the insistent noise. Sitting up ,his blonde head still under the covers, Nikolai turned off the wind up alarm. Inhaling slowly the man listened to the sounds of his home around him. Aside from the soft ticking emitted from his alarm clock he could hear someone milling about the open living area that encompassed the entirety of his penthouse aside from the bathroom and the bedroom. The person walking about was no doubt his fiance Elois. She was an early riser. She typically spent her mornings watching the sun rise.

The Wells' home was a very unique bit of architecture. All the walls were made of a thick sturdy glass. The areas meant to be private were all composed of the frosted variety to keep things modest. Some of the walls had bits of mirror planted inside at odd angles.

Groaning Nikolai forced himself out of bed. It took a lot more effort to rise from this bed than a typical one because it was built into the floor. The glossy mirrored tiles that made up the floor were the only support he could rely on to get up. The male dressed quickly after tending to his morning ritual of making the bed so it had no wrinkles in it and showering until his skin felt like it was going to burn off.

When he pushed open the chrome plated door from the bathroom his posture became slightly more erect. He bit his lip slightly. "I thought we agreed we wouldn't decorate this year." He commented stiffly his eyes surveying the room. The large common room that consisted of the main elevator entrance in the middle, the kitchen, dining room, and living room had the beginnings of Elois' handiwork. At least she had kept to the colour scheme of the room. He couldn't imagine what he would say if she had chosen some ghastly red and green decorations or heaven forbid an animatronic dancing Santa. No she had opted for a simple silver garland that danced across the edges of the glass walls in softly curving loops and some pale white lights about the chains that suspended their glass table.

Nikolai surveyed the decorations with a glare. "I thought I would brighten the place up. Its Christmas eve after all Nik." She explained fiddling with her white hair as she spoke.

With an exasperated sigh he nodded. "Fine... It actually looks better than I expected to." He warmed his tone slightly as he spoke. His silver eyes lifted to meet his Fiance's before focusing beyond her.

"Well of course it does I don't do thing's half assed you know hun." The windows to the outside had a delicate etching of frost creeping up them before petering off because of the defrosting fans he had to clear up their pretty little view of the city.

Not feeling hungry for cereal or anything else remotely related to morning food he merely smiled and settled onto the modern white leather couch and pulled his laptop from the metal side table. Elois had finished the decorating for now and had begun to wrap her share of the presents in the bedroom. Nikolai's were already in a neat pile in the corner each of them wrapped in a black glossy paper with a white bow.

The computer had finally booted up and he was browsing through his email. He had a few letters from students concerned about essays and exams, but those could wait. On top of that he had a bit of junk mail that was titled 'surgery free p***s enhancement.' Not giving it a second glance he blocked the sender and the sender's domain to keep them from flooding his box with useless lies.

"I'm going out for a bit." He called out abandoning his computer after locking it.

"Oh? Well make sure you are back by seven. Sally and Jack want us over for cocktails." Nikolai cringed slightly at the mention of the simpletons his girl liked to call her friends.

"Yeah of course seven... Ill be back for sure. The professor opened the shiny chrome wardrobe next to the elevator pulling out a wool coat and a scarf. He slipped his feet into his shoes and pressed the down button on the elevator.

He wasn't really smiling until he stepped out of the main lobby of his place and into the streets. It was already a busy place. He just needed some air. He hated holidays They always brought back foul memories for him, and those decorations had simply gone out of their way to remind him that he wasn't at work making money.
With: Elois
User Image
                                                  "What's yellow and green and eats nuts?"

It didn't take long for Lorenzo to "shake his nerves away" and wash up. A bellow of steam rushed out of the bathroom. Amongst its hot clouds, he stepped forth, drying his hair as best as he could. Drips of water rolled off his bare body and created small puddles on the old flooring. The floorboards cried out with each step. Lorenzo ended up walking to his tv, having something to watch as he dried himself. The news was the same old garbage. Crimes were at a all time high. A new sex tape was leaked to the public. The president's fighting with Congress. Blah blah blah blah. He ended up turning off the boobtube and exiting the bedroom. As he entered the rest of the place [with his towel draped around his shoulders], he noticed that there was humming coming from the kitchen. The tune was quite familiar with him. In one motion, Lorenzo wrapped the towel around his waist and called out.

"Ma! MA! Why can't you knock like everyone else..." his eyes drifted to the threshold, focusing on the door partially ajar, "You broke the locks again?! It's the third one this month, Ma! Jesus, wasting more money on fixin' that ag-..."

Like some sort of Italian ninja, an elderly woman appeared in front of Lorenzo and smacked him on top of his head with the dryer sheet box.

"Don't say our Lord Jesus' name in vain! Besides, I can see that you have let this place go! Dirty laundry all over the place! Expired food in the fridge! Mio dio figlio, at least live like an adult!"

From the surprising first strike, Lorenzo nearly lost his towel. It was his reaction time that saved him from exposing himself to his mother, too. An annoyed sigh passed from his lips, rubbing the top of his head. The place seemed a lot better with a lot of the junk out of here. Plus, it didn't stink like rotten milk anymore. His mother tried to make her way to his bedroom, but Lorenzo rushed ahead and slammed the door.

"I'm drawing the line. At least leave the bedroom out, ok?"

His mother let out a long sigh [equally similar to her son's], brushing away her curled, gray bangs. She quickly turned away from her son, deciding to let herself out of the apartment.

"Well, then I'm done for the day. I hope to see you for Christmas dinner, no? Carmine's bringing over the new baby... I love you so much son. I hope to see you with grandchildren one day and not bring shame to our fam-"

"Goodbye."

With that, Lorenzo "showed" his mother out [as in pushed her through the door and quickly locked all the locks, checking each latch and deadbolt]. He peered through the peephole, seeing his mother lingering a bit longer before walking away. Lorenzo turned, leaning his back against the door. For the best of him, he didn't like his family pressuring him to start a family. Except for Angelo [he was finishing high school], he was the only one still single and with no kids. Carmine just had his second kid while Sergio stopped at three. Viola has only a daughter, hoping to get a son into the picture. In his head, there was no time to settle down and start a major project, like starting a family. Besides, there's no girls that he has an eye on. They were either narcissistic and stupid or overly independent and a man-hater. Slowly, he departed from the threshold and into the kitchen. He needed something strong to get through today. Lorenzo walked over to his Kruger model coffee maker and placed a miniature plastic container in. Right when he placed a clean mug under and pressed start, his cell phone started to ring. It was a sign that today wasn't going to be his day off. Walking back into his room, Lorenzo picked his IPhone from the bedside table and answered.

"Detective Russo? We need you down on 52nd and MLK Jr. Drive. A 459 in Goldstein's Diamonds. You need you to investigate the scene. You're the only one available at this time."

~~~

A few hours later, we return to Lorenzo, taking his break at one of the diners in the middle of Whistle City's downtown area. The investigation went smoothly... too smoothly. Turned out, there was a sign of struggle and small amounts of blood at the scene. So far, all samples from staff and owner has been taken to process down at the labs. As for the blood, it would be processed to determine its owner. Lorenzo was going through all that he collected as he dined on a late breakfast of eggs and bacon. The waitress kept coming over to refill his mug of coffee; he was practically chugging it down just before the waitress turns away. When he got tired of going through the scenarios again, he slipped his small notebook back into his jacket and distracted himself by watching the people go by. His eyes flicked from person to person, observing the slight twitches and movement they made. Most that flocked the streets were trying to get the remaining gifts at the last minute. Others were heading over to the theater to catch the holiday plays. Far above the people was the usual advertisement for all sorts of items. One of these flashing LED panels caught his eye. It seemed that tomorrow night was going to be a boxing match to determine who's going to go for the Championships once more. The two boxers stood side by side, gazing down at him. Nostalgia played at his heartstrings, remembering the good ole days. But the past was the past, When he went to take another sip of coffee, he realized his mug was empty again. When he flagged down the waitress and asked for the same request, she had put on quite a fake smile. He guessed that there may be something extra in his coffee this time.

"Gonorrhea."

Quote:
OoC If anyone wants to bother Lorenzo, he's in a random diner in downtown. Not sure where that is in ratio to the others. ^^;
User Image
DoctorNikolaiJamesWells

Nikolai clapped his hands together, rubbed them vigorously for a few seconds then shoved them back into the pockets of the gray wool jacket he had shrugged on during his trip down to the first floor of his building. In his personal opinion it was not overly cold outside. Just enough to numb his skin and bring a rosy colour to his cheeks. The young professor nestled his chin deep into the scarf he was wearing as he crossed the street.

Just because The blond was not hungry for breakfast foods didn't mean he wasn't hungry. He decided it was probably best for him to stop somewhere for a small bite to eat to tide him over until these cocktails Elois seemed so keen on drinking with her beastly friends. Every time he spent time with them he had to endure their plastic smiles and shallow conversations. Sometimes he wished he could just make them disappear off of the face of the earth. Of course if he got rid of this group of friends Elois would just find more empty shell people for him to be tortured by. No it was better to put up with these ones. At least they were semi bearable. Heck he could even carry on an intelligent conversation with them from time to time if they weren't talking about their kids or work.

Opting for a shortcut for food Nikolai took an alley. The comforting pressure inside of his boot made him feel slightly more secure in taking previously mentioned shortcut. The tiny silenced revolver he had picked up on a visit to Russia was something he kept with him at all times in this dangerous city. If you didn't have anything you were just a sitting duck.

His pace slowed to a mere crawl as he passed a junkie huddled for warmth on the side of the street. Doctor Wells crouched slightly and peered at the man studying his face as if he were looking for something specific. Once he was sure this was not the man he was looking for he trotted off his boots crunching on the gravel of the narrow alley.

When he reemerged onto a main street the wind nipped at any exposed flesh on his person. Frowning slightly he turned to face away from the wind before clearing the final two blocks that separated himself from delicious freedom.

Once inside the cafe the blonde removed his scarf. He folded it up neatly before sticking one end of it into his pocket. When he was seated and handed the menu his quick eyes glanced over the pages of the menu reading them at a frightening speed.

"And what will you have to drink?" The waitress asked. She looked a little worn out to Nikolai so he decided he would order everything right away. Perhaps it would save her some trips. "Ill have a London Fog with a grilled Newport sandwich. Cut the crust off but leave it on the plate and Ill have a Cesar salad for my side Is it possible to get some real bacon bits on it not the fake simulated kind as well. Oh and might I add you are looking wonderful today Tiffany. You're tip will be quite substantial if you keep yours and your cook's spit, or other foreign objects out of my food. If I find anything Ill see to it you'll be on your a** for Christmas hmmm. " He added noting the slight scowl forming on the girl's lips. He spoke in a sugary sweet voice the whole time he ordered even when he mad idle threats pertaining the server's job.

When she turned to leave he handed the menu back to her and removed his jacket. A pleasant smile washed over his face as he glanced around him.
With: Elois
ѺωӘȠ ℒ. ϨӧɱЗгș

XXXWith: Some weird guy
XXXFeeling: Blindsided
XXXThoughts: What the s**t!

Oof! A big ol' squishy thing collided into Owen. How did this happen? Usually he was so observant! Easy to dodge other's. Wait, well, he was to busy dodging big metal boxes on wheels, guess he forgot about other's being on the side walk. Other's? It was Christmas Eve! Why was this random guy walking around? Blue eyes looked up, and were met with pair of angry brown orbs, sort of, glaring at him. Light hair framed the man's soft round face. A firm hand was on his upper arm, and a big grin spread across his face once the man spoke about 'jay-walking being dangerous'. "Oh well excuse me mister. I was not aware that playing in traffic was ever so 'dangerous'. Dodging cars is the 'in' thing now ya know?" Oh yes, he even did the whole annoying air quote things with his fingers.

Peeling off the stranger's hand he dropped it like it was some foul icky piece of trash. Wiping his own on his pair of pants, he kept on smiling. Boots crunched as he circled him, eyeing him up and down. His build was good, that butt looked nice in those pants. "I don't think I've seen you before. What are you doing out here anyways? Shouldn't you be singing Christmas Carols like everyone else instead of fondling some innocent guy like me?" Fondling; Owen always loved to exaggerate at times. It just made it so much more fun to tease people.

Standing back in front of the guy he shoved his hands in his pockets, fiddling with the loose fibers that clumped up. "You need to ease up man, have a good Christmas Eve." The smile never faltered, even when the cold wind tried to tear it away. Owen would not let this rude man's vibe get him down, oh no sir. For as soon as they parted, he would be getting his own presents. From stores, or peoples cars, whatever worked.

User Image

Øfficer Ʀussel ₳lcott

User Image

".....The in thing?"

He quirked a brow, chewing the inside of his cheek as he stared down at the boy. Definitely a brat. He shifted a bit, foot to foot for a moment, he wasn't one for small talk, and he only frowned, brows furrowing for a moment together as he glanced towards the street, then back down at the brat.

"No, it's not. It's dangerous to play with life like that. Besides, what if the street was iced? You'd slip, and get run over. You don't want to end up like....that."

He glanced to the road, where the flattened, pancake-like remains of....what was that-a cat?-were smeared over the pavement, an occasional car driving over the mess.
His attention flicked to the boy when their hands met, and he sighed softly through his nose, short and quick.

"I just moved here. I don't do Christmas."

What?! Fondl-.............. No, just no.

Awkwardly, he rubbed the back of his head, discomfort flickering in his brown, chocolate eyes, and he swallowed a bit-the boy was making quite an accusation-no one around to hear it though. It was probably teasing-he wasn't used to it, it was.....odd, but he decided to ignore it for now, breathing out softly and sliding his hands into his coat pockets.

"...A good Christmas Eve would be when kids like you don't jaywalk. Shouldn't you be with your family right now?"

He glanced around, stiffening at the thought, obvious distaste at the mere thought of crime, and he turned to the side now, his back to the chilling wind, sideways with the brat now as he stared down at him, then at the street sign....Nope, he didn't recognize the name.

"Hey, kid....Do you know where Miss Marple Drive is?"

He hoped the water his place worked-a nice, hot bath would be nice right about now, to fight off the cold threatening to dominate his body. If he stayed out any longer, he was sure he was going to be sick.... Well, there was a diner nearby, in case the boy didn't know. He could go in, perhaps have a bite to eat considering he missed breakfast driving all the way here, and maybe ask for directions from a waitress or someone.

Yea...that sounded like a good idea save for he disliked public, open places....with so many people.

And forcing me to strive
And dreaming I'm alive❞
User Image
                                                  "I called that Rape Advice Line earlier today..."

Lorenzo continued to people watch from the booth, making mental notes to himself. The joint was mostly packed with Christmas shoppers. There were crying kids wanting to get their hands on their cheap plastic action figures. A couple was busy sampling something else other than their entree. Several of the booths were filled with minors, complaining about their parents quite obnoxiously. Each movement, every note, tone, and level of noise penetrated his ears. Sometimes, these types of places tend to bother him. He can't help but sneak glimpses in his eyes through his background. It was one group that seemed to peek his interests. A dining table of five in the banquet room seemed restless. They kept flicking their eyes to and from the door and the rest of the restaurant. The way they leaned into each others' ears. What gave them away was their check. It was pushed as far away from each of them as possible. No one made an attempt to slip paper or plastic into its covers. A sigh passed from his lips. Kids these days... was it neglected parents that brings out the punks in youth? As the boys armed themselves, Lorenzo leaned out of his seat, timing himself. Something triggered the boys to rush out of their seats and towards the only exit. Lorenzo happened to stand up and barricade their way. Instinct kicked in as he pulled out his badge and flashed it towards the charging boys. The glint of the badge halted their attempts. Slowly, they backed away from the authoritative figure.

"C'mon, it's Christmas. If your parents happen to find out that you dined and ditched and had me take each of you to jail... I mean, you really want your new Eckos, IPads, or whatever you guys are into," the boys kept starring, throwing glares at him as if it was his fault or something, "The alternatives are: gather your allowances together, pay the bill, and give a GO~~OD tip. Or you can wash their dishes for a few hours. But if your fine having a new accessory, I'm down with that..."

A few minutes later, the boys had emptied out their wallet's content and left with scowls all over their faces. Each glare, each violent thought was directed at Lorenzo. Pushing back his thick hair, he returned to sitting in his booth, picking at the scraps of his breakfast.

"Can I get more coffee here?"

"Unfortunately, it's only for victims."

Quote:
OoC
ѺωӘȠ ℒ. ϨӧɱЗгș

XXXWith: Some weird guy
XXXFeeling: Quite playful
XXXThoughts: This cat has no sense of direction

It was apparent that Owen was making the man feel uncomfortable; good. Made him feel all tingly over when he freaked strangers out. For he was not here to make friends, especially one as uptight as this fellow. Blah blah blah. He kept going on and on about how if the road was slippery, he would be like that flattened kitty over there. Life or death, Owen would still be alone. So no matters. Looking over he patted his stomach, mumbling, "Mmmm, pancakes. Kitty style." A pink tongue slipped out, licking his lips. More information spewed from him. So his assumptions were correct, this man was new here. Well, what a delightful little city he found himself in, and such a perfect person to run into.

'Shouldn't you be with your family right now?'. That question struck a soft nerve, the goofy smile on his face twitching, lips threatening to frown. No no, keep it together. Owen said to himself, shrugging it off like no big deal. "Ain't got no family my man. Just me myself and I." Stating it casually, as if discussing the shitty weather. Suddenly brown eyes darted about, a nervous look over coming the other's face. Owen followed the direction he was looking in, his blue squinting as the wind made them dry. Snapping back around he held up three fingers in the man's face. "First off, I ain't no kid. I be a grown man." One finger went down. "Second of all, yes, I do. I've been here for a while." Another finger. "Thirdly," He pointed the last finger to the right, "You wanna go that aways if you're looking for Maple Drive."

Speaking of 'that away's, there was a warm little diner who was always open on these kind of days. Another chilly wind whipped around, Owen clutched to himself, teeth chattering for a second. Any longer and they would be fricken ice-icles! Squinting at him Owen hesitated, should he ask this man to accompany him to the diner? He was a tad bit hungry; burgers never doing the trick. Once you're around that nasty stench of greasy meat all day, you want to go Vegan. Before he could deny the thought, another wind kicked in, knocking his hood off, exposing messy blue hair, OKay okay! I get the sign! Sighing softly he spoke, "There's a diner right down the street. But if you make me stand out here nay longer scolding me for jay-walking I'm going to make you buy me food." Yes, that was his way of inviting him to the diner.
Take it or leave it.

User Image

Øfficer Ʀussel ₳lcott

User Image

There was....something wrong with this boy.

That, or he was being sarcastic. He wasn't sure, but he hoped it was-he didn't want to have to pull the boy out of the street for trying to eat the....pancake cat.

Though Alcott never understood social things such as this-he understood the slight twitch of an expression on the boy's face, and his brows knitted together in thought. Oh....? His thoughts were confirmed when the boy spoke so curtly, and though he wanted to correct him that stating himself in three different ways made no sense, he figured he'd say nothing to the boy's odd form of speech, and merely studied him quietly for a moment.

"....My condolences."

Was all he could say, as if merely telling some victim's family that their loved one was killed, and that there was nothing he could do for them. It formed a tight feeling in his chest as he examined the boy-sorry, man. He looked so young-he didn't act at all like his age and it threw the officer completely off guard for a moment, lips parting against the chilly wind. He licked them, feeling the cold whip at the light sheen of saliva, instantly drying it and stinging him, as if to mock him for thinking he could moisten them ever so easily against he wind.

Alcott sighed softly through his nose as he glanced to the right, where the boy pointed...Ah, yes, that street end did look familiar.... He nodded mentally to himself, glancing around, yes, pile of garbage near the end of the street, some old dustbin near some steps.... Yes, he remembered the street.

"Ah, thank you."

He turned to leave, facing the wind for a moment and blinking as it stung his cheeks bitterly and he rubbed them for a moment; no good, it only had the wind whip at the new found warmth.
Hmm?

He looked over his shoulder at the boy, then down at the street, spotting the diner. Ah, yes, he almost forgot his thoughts earlier... He was a bit hungry, and if the other was hungry....Well, why not? Christmas was a time for kindness after all, and he had some money to spare.

"Alright."

A simple okay, no questions, no explanations-he was hungry, the boy-err, man...? Man-child?.....Whatever, was hungry as well, so perhaps some food wouldn't be too bad. Besides, it looked nice and warm, he was sure on the walk down to Miss Marple (not Maple lolol) would get him chilled to the bone and with a cold. Warming up in the diner seemed to be the best bet, and coffee? Yes, he needed some, that always made his day, a good cup of joe.

Alcott tucked his chilled hands into his coat pockets again, walking slowly towards the diner, glancing over his shoulder only once to see if the other was following him, and once at the door he opened it for the other, a wave of warmth hitting him. Ahhh....

He sighed in mild relief, stepping in and shutting the door, color returning to his cheeks and neck now as the warmth wrapped around him, engulfing him and calming him. He picked a booth and sat down, only to blink in surprise. The booth right before him had that....indecent exposure fellow, drinking coffee, and he sighed through his nose.

Well, he didn't seem to be doing anything bad, so Alcott merely focused his attention on the waitress standing there, notepad in one hand and a pen in the other. She smacked her gum and batted her false eyelashes at the two, speaking loudly to them,

"An' what can ah get you two fine, young men?"

"I'll have some eggs and bacon ma'am, as well as a cup of coffee."

Now he sat back, watching her jot it all down, and she focused her gaze now on the other, batting her lashes and smacking her gum, a smile on her rose painted lips.

"An' how about you, handsome?"

And forcing me to strive
And dreaming I'm alive❞

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers