Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Inspiration
                                      xxxxReboot of the Yaoi Gang Roleplay
                                      xxxxxxxxTitle from In For the Kill by La Roux as remixed by Skream

Images
                                      xxxxFrom Photobucket

Credit
                                      xxxxNotebookSyndicate-Lust (creator)
                                      xxxxxxxx& Vermidian (redesigner)

Status
                                      xxxxOpen / Accepting

Navigation
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
User ImagexUser Image

Cities used to be a place where you could start a new life. When the old life got too tough, you tried somewhere new. But as the times changed, the cities were the first to rot - from the inside out. Gangs sprang up – underground groups who would give birth to horror stories for parents to scare their children with – and began the slow decay of the city’s society, plaguing the streets with violence and drugs. It’s a definite problem in society. But sometimes, when you grow up in these environments, you have to become a part of it to survive it.

The two biggest threats to Whistle City's general welfare are Aphorism 146 and Red Moon. While entirely different gangs with almost entirely separate concentrations, the crossfire between them is vicious and frightening. Aphorism lurks in the light, unrecognized and engrossed in all layers of society, waiting to strike. Like snakes or, as they would have you believe, monsters in the abyss. Red Moon hides in the shadows, a constant threat. They have you jumping at cats in alleyways, even on the clearest of nights. They're engrossed in every trade and while they don't hide in plain sight, you're always carefully listening for footsteps behind you. Combined, they have the city hiding behind their doors and with mace in their purses and pepper spray in their jacket pockets. In fact, it's gotten so bad that the city hired a new Commissioner and bought the police force an entirely new, well, everything to give them a jump start on fighting the city's increase in crime. The police have their work cut out for them but they've one thing on their side that the gangs don't seem to keep - public approval. But sometimes, as things grow and change, you forget that in all this violence the cops and the gang members all have one thing in common.

They're only human.

No one's perfect. They all have human urges, human needs. Every one of them had a mother at some point and every one has someone they can smile at and laugh with at the end of the day. They have sisters, cousins, best friends, pets - other living creatures that make them weak, make them vulnerable, and make them happy. It's because humanity craves togetherness - they need affection almost as much as oxygen, else they wither and die. (Or, in some cases, take a several story plunge. But to each their own.) Every one of them is human. For some, it bubbles at surface like a natural spring. For others, more like a well, buried deep inside but still there if you dig deep enough. Humanity cannot cut that essential need for affection out of it's core. Some would say we suffer for it. Others would say that it makes us complete, that it makes us special.

Humanity is what keeps this war going. It's what pushes people to join a gang or to fight them. Because although affection might be important, they all have one other thing in common: they thrive for the thrill. A high speed chase down the interstate. Or a deal two blocks from a cop in a parked car. It's not about just doing it - you want there to be risk. Without the risk, life is boring and simple. The risk makes it all worth while and it makes the plunge even more terrifying and wonderful. That's why they do it, of course. They need it: affection and adrenaline.

And that's why you've come to Whistle City, isn't it? Sure, you want to meet a few friendly faces, maybe even find a special someone - but that's not all, is it? You need that thrill, that idea that you can break the rules and get away with it. That you might put a criminal in jail who'd evaded so many others in the past. You need it like you need air.

You've come to the right place. Welcome to Whistle City. Try not to get shot.
User ImagexUser Image

Special Preferences

THIS IS A YAOI ROLEPLAY. This entails two males being possibly romantically and/or emotionally attached. If this challenges your ideas of right and wrong, I would suggest backing out now.

This USED to be a yaoi only roleplay. However, more recently, it has been decided as a group that we are now allowing female characters as well. (Which I prefer, because a city without women is a silly idea and simply isn't realistic.) While it will still be a yaoi concentrated roleplay, heterosexual and yuri relationships are also more than welcome here. As I said before, if this challenges your ideas of right and wrong, back out now - niiiice and slow.

Gaia TOS

Follow it. Gaia's a higher order than I am since it's graciously hosting this roleplay.

Characters

Make 'em believable. Also, true to the original thread, please stay away from goody-two-shoes characters if you're in a gang - because it won't work. Being a good character means you have morals. Being in a gang conflicts with this. Please, use logic. I will read over your characters to make sure they would survive in each gang.

Literacy

Yes. We're literate. That means good grammar, good spelling, punctuation and at least two WELL WRITTEN paragraphs. This includes the ability to write intelligently and I reserve the write to demand profile revisions and remove characters who prove to be Mary Sue/Gary Stu-ish. Moving on. Writers block is understandable, but don't get too comfortable with it. I'd also really prefer it you post at least once a week. I understand - I'm a college kid. Things can be a little difficult with projects and papers and work and whatever else you have going on. But posting is a necessary thing. Which brings me to my next point.

Activity

If you're going to be a million kinds of busy, post in the OOC at least and let other people know what's going on with you. I really have to say that the OOC isn't really optional. (Just at least say hello every once in a while or something.) If I don't hear from you - IC or OOC - for two weeks, you'll get a PM from me asking why you've been inactive. You will have three days to reply. If you don't reply in that time, your characters will be removed from play and we'll act like they didn't exist. If you think you're just getting in here for a few days and ditching, please don't even bother joining. This is meant to be a long-term roleplay and is a reboot of a much older roleplay than you will ever know.

Cursing

Yes. It's okay. I just ask that you be tasteful with it. If it's in your character's nature to curse, then curse. But don't let it get annoying.

Quoting

DO NOT DO IT. We're writers and it screws things up in terms of posting formats. The only exception is if it's been five or more pages - then, I will allow you to quote. But only then.

Encouraged

Violence, action, and romance are all encouraged. I do ask that if you're going to kill someone off that you okay it with the other person before you do it. Please be careful not to control anyone else's characters while doing anything. While in some cases, I understand it might be necessary to take the element of surprise or command, but if you think it might stir up trouble, run it past the other roleplayer involved and get their permission. And please, try to post in the OOC regularly - it's a great place to plan out mischief.

Formats

I also encourage you to make pretty post formats. While not required, I love looking at them and they make your character more appealing and memorable. A size nine to eleven font is also recommended, though not a necessity either. It's just easier to read. Size twelve is a little more boring and plain.

Plotting

Please, plot with your other roleplayers in the OOC or over PM if you want to surprise other people. Juicy drama is always welcome.

Profiles

Please use your gang as your PM title and send it to me. Any profiles posted in the board will be deleted and I won't read it. If you'd like to apply for a role that is said to be "Open," please send me a PM to reserve that. It doesn't have to be any kind of formal - I just need to know you're interested so that no one else will try and make a character for the role. Roles labeled as "To Be Announced" means that the roleplayer in charge of the gang is going to be choosing that from the list. Your best hope to get one of those slots is to prove your character's worth in roleplay or to convince them in the OOC.
User ImagexUser Image

These are the things I'd like for you to fill out for your character. Some of them are just reference points for others - like the height and weight - or just for my sake - like the birthdays. It's not very decorative and, for simplicities sake, the coding of the profile is pretty simple. However, if you feel at all compelled to decorate it further, by all means have at it. (I'll probably be decorating mine.) But it is optional. Simple is just as well. If you do decorate the profile, just make sure the Played By, Character Name, Nickname, Age, etc. portion sticks out from the rest of the text.

[align=center][Appearance - Drawn art is preferred as most of the characters are of the two-dimensional sort.]
    [Other images may be listed in links here.][/align]

[b]Played By:[/b] [Username]
    [b]Character Name:[/b] [First Middle Last]
    [b]Nickname:[/b] [Optional]
    [b]Age:[/b] [18 to 80]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Sexual Preference(s):[/b]
    [b]Birthday:[/b]
    [b]Height:[/b]
    [b]Build:[/b]
    [b]Gang:[/b] [Red Moon or Aphorism or the Police]
    [b]Job:[/b] [If Applicable]
    [b]Preferred Weapon(s):[/b] [Whatever you'd like - but be rational.]
    [b]Skills:[/b] [Whatever suits them.]
    [b]Biography:[/b] [Minimum of 3 Paragraphs]
    [b]Personality:[/b] [Minimum of 1 Paragraph]
    [b]Likes:[/b] [Minimum of 5]
    [b]Dislikes:[/b] [Minimum of 5]
    [b]Strengths:[/b] [Minimum of 2]
    [b]Weaknesses:[/b] [Minimum of 2]
    [b]Fears:[/b] [Minimum of 1]
    [b]Other:[/b] [Anything else that didn't get covered you might like to include.]
    [b]Theme Song(s):[/b] [Optional. Put down as many as you'd like, but don't put an entire playlist down.]
User ImagexUser Image

Click on the pictures beside each gang to view the profile forums.

Aphorism 146

User Image
                    Aphorism is best known for their well organized, high profile crime. They're careful, immaculate, and get away with more than most people expect. They focus mainly on bank heists, high-profile blackmail, and stealing priceless things that they plan to put a price on in the black market. Because most (but not all) of their gigs are higher profile, they have to be a little more careful and, to avoid suspicions, they don't act as frequently as Red Moon does with their more petty crimes, but that's life. Their name comes from Beyond Good and Evil by Friedrich Nietzesche. Aphorism 146 says: "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." With this as their inspiration, rumor has it that induction into the gang requires you getting a small red eye tattooed onto your body somewhere as a precaution to prevent people from backing out. Their leader is constantly shrouded by false rumors in the media and the police still have no idea what he looks like.

Leader: Venna "Vivi" Vicente x Second-In-Command: Lucien S. Serbanescu x Third-in-Command: Thomas Warrick x Doctor: Caelinus Amalric
                      Others: Vexia Hart, Nikolai J. Wells, Maion deNote, Daniil B. Millen, Ryukouzi K. Soma, Beatrice Sargeras, Ryukaze Soma, Spencer A. Doyle, Flannery O'Conner, Kazel DeVoiyan, Sid Sargeras

Red Moon

User Image
                    Red Moon is more turbulent and unpredictable than Aphorism. They don't have the assets to pull off the bigger heists like Aphorism 146 so they stick to more common things. Blackmail, robberies, car theft, loan sharking, gambling rings, drugs, etc. They have a much wider range of things to deal in than Aphorism does, which makes them a difficult competitor to beat. While Aphorism has a high profile record, they sell relatively little on the black market. Red Moon basically sells out. While Red Moon is a little less focused on one thing, they have a lot more covered and the general income of Red Moon is steady. Their members are a little more bizarre because of this. They've recently turned over to a new leader which the Police know basically nothing about. (The old leader jumped ship with his lover and is living somewhere else, happily ever after - hopefully.) Some gang members see this as a good thing and like the change in management. Others, not so much.

Leader: Stanley "Cowboy" Leyland x Second-in-Command: Kyouya Himura x Third-in-Command: Draith Nephalah Rook x Doctor: Scott "Zipper" Walker
                      Others: Thomas G. Westfall, Sparrow Vanderghast, Syracuse "Sword" Cade, Tadao Nakamura (and son, Baozhai), Leviticus "Levi" Black, Jenique "Sunshine" LeBane, Rabbit J. Kodiak, Florence M. Priere, Jose L. Santiago, Kyra Serenity

Whistle City Police Force

User Image
                    Whistle City's Police Force is an ever present source of hope for those not involved in gang violence - a shining light in the dark. Led by a bold new Commissioner, they're the pride of the city. With the best equipment in the state, brand new police cruisers, and new, high quality "standard" firearms, they're a force to be reckoned with - completely with spiffy, polished badges and spiffy, polished bullets.

Joining them might not sound like the most glamorous job ever - and you'd probably be right - but there are merits to running a life where you're not constantly hiding from good people. Being approved of by the public can be a wonderful thing. And - lest we forget - you still get that adrenaline rush and a gun. (Not to mention, who doesn't love a man in uniform?)

Commissioner: Elessa Styx Villier x Chief: Silas "Rush" Novikov x Sheriff: Open x Sheriff: Jocef D. LeBane x Secretary: Damien M. Drake
                      Officers: Sari S. Ydranna, Dyllin C. Etiam, Bronte D. deNote, Russel Alcott, Suoh Kahre, Izyck DuMorte, Akira Danier, Koit Petrov

Bratva Seryeshka

User Image
                    The Bratva Seryeshka is a faction of the Russian Underground. Led by Ilya Seryeshka, they're one group you don't want to have a run in with. Ever. Those that have and have lived to tell the tale will inform you of that. It's very unspoken what they do but whatever it is, it's dangerous and they're not to be messed with. The scary part is that they're so good at what they do that no one knows they're there. They're completely under the police radar.

To get into the Bratva has a very different set of criteria. First off, you can't simply apply to it like the other two gangs or the police. You have to PM Bharune, owner of Ilya Seryeshka, to gain permission to apply. Then you'll need to send her your profile after you've discussed everything. After that, she can send me the profile for your character, giving me the okay, and I'll put him into the character thread.

Shepherd: Ilya Seryeshka x Good Dogs: Dmitri Volkogonov, Silas "Rush" Novikov, Cerenia Devialkvyn, Mischka Czarkova, Cesin Leonne
User ImagexUser Image

Whistle City

Whistle City is the rotten to the core city you're running around in. Located in the north-eastern US of A, it's a beautiful place despite all of the well known violence. For some people thats a pro and for others, a con - but regardless to your reasoning something's brought you here. Like any city, there's always something to do. There are clubs, bars, underground gambling rings, bowling alleys, movie theaters, dozens and dozens of places to go out to eat - the list goes on. If you know where to look, you can find anything you want.

Whistle City Police Department

Since the old one took some heavy damage, a new police station was built right in the middle of the city. The building's kind of gorgeous and would make any moral citizen proud. (The old station got turned into a spiffy new McDonalds, so everyone's happy.)

Red Moon Head Quarters

Located on the outskirts of the city, Red Moon HQ specifically does not stand out. You'd never know it passing by. It looks like an old hotel thats been refurbished as an apartment complex. Of course, if you look closely enough, you can spot Red Moon affiliates flowing in and out of the area like random ants, but never enough to trace them back.

Aphorism 146 Head Quarters

Aphorism HQ is almost as gorgeous as the new Police Station. Aphorism is known for pulling the big heists and getting a lot of money. Naturally, because of this, they can afford nicer accommodations. Aphorism is on the other side of the Police Station from Red Moon but is significantly closer, tucked away in the buildings of the inner city. It's complicated to get there and hard to follow anyone. And anyone passing by would simply believe that it was just a nice, clean building, though they'd probably never guess what it was for. Besides, the fake business paperwork would fool any trained eye.

White Noise

Located on West and Anderson streets in the central area of Whistle City, you can find a little club called White Noise. While owned by Tadao Nakamura of Red Moon, he keeps a clean business and never brings any gang work home with him. This being said, you'll more likely find a member of Red Moon there than a member of Aphorism simply because of his invitations to Red Moon members to come to his establishment. Regardless to his affiliation, he keeps a clean business and aside from one or two brawls over the past couple of years, no police attention has been called. Anyone is welcome to go there if they're in need of loud music and well mixed alcohol.

The Larson Fine Arts Performance Hall

More commonly referred to simply as the local theater, the Larson Fine Arts Performance Hall is also located closer to the center of Whistle City. Actors interested in musicals, broadway performances, play performances often find work here if they're up to the challenge. As a stage favorite, the Phantom of the Opera is performed regularly, as well as in rotation with other popular plays and stage musicals. There are also the occasional orchestral performances to see, most of which are spoken highly of. The building itself is beautifully designed with two floors of seating and lovely chandeliers. If you're planning on seeing a production, you might want to think about dressing up nicely.

Sirrose Park

This is a smaller park in Whistle City, located closer to the outskirts of the city on the north side. This park is made primarily as a large children's playground and picnic area.

Shipton Park

Dedicated to an officer who went missing in action in the line of duty, Detective Inspector B. Shipton, this park is the equivalent of New York City's Central Park. Two miles in any direction, this park features several scenic trails and breathtaking views of the Aspen River which runs through the city. There are also two man-made lakes to enjoy the view of. Fishing or swimming in them is strictly prohibited. It is located most notably across the street from Whistle City General Hospital.

Whistle City General Hospital

Whistle City General Hospital is exactly what it sounds like - a big, sterile, cold-halled hospital. People get rushed there to survive their injuries and people go there to recover. Typically, you don't wind up here if everything's going peachy keen for you. Staff at Whistle City General is very skilled and is the pride of the area. A lot of difficult surgeries are performed here because of their level of expertise with them. However, the staff would like to remind you to be careful - they don't like having to treat such injuries, as it implies a lot of pain for their patients.

Katamichi’s Japanese Cuisine

A favorite of the second in command for Red Moon, the Japanese food is, according to Kyouya, the best you can get in Whistle City. He eats there fairly regularly.
User ImagexUser Image

Month

January - February - March - April - May - June - July - August - September - October - November - December

Day

Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday - Friday - Saturday - Sunday

Date

2  3  4  5  6  7

8  9 10 11 12 13 14

15 16 17 18 19 20 21

22 23 24 25 26 27 28

29 30 31            

Time

Morning - Afternoon - Evening - Night

Weather

Hot - Warm - Nice - Cool - Cold - Freezing - Nuclear Winter
- Sunny - Windy - Cloudy - Humid - Foggy - Snowing - Thundering - Tornado - Hurricane - Nuclear War - Apocalypse

Upcoming Events

Event - Funeral of Sari Ydranna (Completed) - January 1st (Afternoon)

Holiday - New Year's Day - January 1st

Birthday - Isabelle Sterling - January 1st
Birthday - Sid Sargeras - January 5th
Birthday - Jenique LeBane - January 26th
User ImagexUser Image

Black List

No one's pissed me off yet. Which is AWESOME.

White List

Awesome people will be listed here when I have a little more time.
User ImagexUser Image

News
    News about the roleplay will go here.
    Tuesday, September 6th, 2011, 1:55 AM EST ~ The OOC Thread is now open for use.
    Thursday, December 8th, 2011, 11:00 AM EST ~ The roleplay, due to popular vote, has changed from "yaoi" to "pansexual" to include both genders and all sexual preferences.
    Monday, December 26th, 2011, 10:00 PM EST ~ Plot Mule has been created and introduced for anonymous actions.
    Thursday, December 29th, 2011, 2:30 AM EST ~ Art Thread added as an official side thread, devoted to IFTK artworks.
    Sunday, January 8th, 2012, 2:15 AM EST ~ Banners added to front page.

Events
    Events that happen in the roleplay that are important things to know will go here. Like big events or interesting goings on.

The funeral of Sari Ydranna will be taking place on the afternoon of January 1st. New Year's Day

Gossip
    Want to start a rumor about someone? Send it to me and I'll put it up.

Couples
    Your characters are dating? Good for you! I'll list them here once they're kind of official.
    [ Lucien and Elessa ]
    [ Vivi and Ryuko ]
User ImagexUser Image

If you feel so inclined, feel free to make a banner to add to our collection.
The more the merrier, right?

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/pansexual/t.74556671_1/][img]http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy28/Vermidian/Roleplays/In For the Kill/bannermini-1.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/pansexual/t.74556671_1/][IMG]http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy28/Vermidian/Roleplays/In For the Kill/Picture23-1.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/pansexual/t.74556671_1/][IMG]http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy28/Vermidian/Roleplays/In For the Kill/bannerlong.jpg[/IMG][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/pansexual/t.74556671_1/][IMG]http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy28/Vermidian/Roleplays/In For the Kill/bannerlong2.jpg[/IMG][/url]

arranged by width
User ImagexUser Image

This is a forum dedicated to housing all of our fan arts of events in IFTK and of it's characters.
    For a more complete description, see the forum by clicking the button in the navigation or the Van Gogh backgrounded image above.
User ImagexUser Image

PM me if you want your roleplay added up here. I'll give it a look and, if I would recommend it to someone else, I'll add it onto this list.

User Image
    Genre: Futuristic/Post Apocalyptic
    Recommendation: YES

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out