• Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
User Image
X
X
X
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
User Image

XXXXyou can't stop a shadow from following youXXXXXXXyou can't help but feel afraidXXXXXXXthere's no where you can hideXXXXXXXyou can never run away

XXXXXXXThe name is janice Lynn butler
XXXXXXXXXXXXI am the Forgotten Shadow

She had slept for a short amount of time before a loud alarm went off. She jolted up in her chair, sitting up straight and catching her breath from the sudden wake-up call. She glared over at her laptop. It was flashing a bright red color, so she pushed herself out of the chair and walked over to it. Tapping one of the keys, she checked what was so important that it had to wake her up. Her eyes narrowed in on the name Watanabe. That b*****d. She read over the message that was sent to Eric before rolling her eyes and taking a seat in the rolling, swivel chair. That seemed like a rather childish message for Watanabe. She moved her legs up on the chair, wrapping her arms around them and pulling them close. She rested her chin on her knees and stared at the screen before closing her eyes and sighing.

What was she going to do? How was she going to get rid of that Watanabe? She couldn’t just kill him and say problem solved, no...She needed him around even though she didn’t want to admit it. With Eric around, she wouldn’t be so much of a sitting duck at times, but she was worried. Watanabe knew a lot of her aliases and he had seen her in other disguises. He didn’t know about the control cover, but that was because she didn’t want anyone to know. Watanabe was the only person in the world that knew her real name as well. She had trusted him at one point, but then the b*****d betrayed her in order for more control. Leaning back in her chair she glanced over at the crystal chessboard that was off to the side against the wall across from her. She still had a few options, a few connections she could call on to help her.

She turned back to the laptop, reaching her hand out before setting her feet firmly on the ground. She then went to work, hacking into Watanabe’s phone and into his messages. She typed in a phone number and then began typing up a new message.

Compose New Message

To: Isabella Dirigente

Re: (no subject)
                                              Text:
                                              Care to play a game with The King? I have something you may be interested in. You’ll need to work hard in order to find out what it is though. Once you figure out my identity, I’ll give you the reward.

Message Sent

Lynn looked over the message that was sent and smirked. Her former lover would certainly have no problem finding out who sent her this message, but the real problem would be getting to the man. If Isabella played into her hand, then she would be able to easily use the girl for her own means.

Standing up from her seat, she stretched her arms up over her head before blinking. She forgot about meeting up with Eric. She glanced at the time, but couldn’t even recall when she had last talked to him. Was it an hour ago? Two hours? She frowned before picking up one of the bombs from the table and heading the the elevator. She rode down to Eric’s new floor and stepped in. She spotted the man at the table and gave him a wave before walking over next to him.

“Seems like your comfortable here.” She said with a smile, commenting on his appearance before she took a seat next to him. She let out a yawn, covering her mouth as she did so before putting the spider-looking device down in front of her.

“Well, this is the bomb. Easy to handle and what not...” She crossed her arms on the table and rested her head down on them. Looking at the device in front of her, she then closed her eyes. “There are two buttons you’ll have to press. One button makes the bomb attach itself to the surface it’s on and the second makes it armed and ready.” She said before opening her eyes and reaching her hand out. She pointed to the button on the left on it’s back. “Number one.” She said before pointing to the one right next to it. “Number two. Two buttons. Simple enough.”

Dapper Gekko

φlace ɷ Sector 5 φeople ɷ Azar, unknown ɑction ɷ Talking? ɱood ɷ High Alert ʈheme ɷ This Day Reprise - My Little Pony

User Image
OOOOOOOOOOThis day is going to be perfectOOOOO
OOThe kind of day of which I dreamed since I was small
OOOOOEverybody will gather round
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHSay I look lovely in my gown
OWhat they don't know is that I have
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO(fooled them all)
I could care less about the dressSVNOYI INALI I won't partake in any cake
OOOOOOO█ ▐ █████ ▐ ██████ ███████ █Vows, well I will be lying when I say ▐██ ▐ ██████████
That through any kind of weather OO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOI'll want us to be together
OO
▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇The truth is I don't care for him at all
OOONo I do not love the groomOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIn my heart there's only
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOgloom
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBut I still want him to be all mine
User Image
                                              Arella continued to gaze at the spot where she knew someone was. As she did someone else walked up next to her and started asking what she was doing. It would seem someone has been following me. . . she told the creature beside her. Azar sat in her hands glaring at the spot were the mystery person stood, his gaze unrelenting as a man came into their sight. The man looked a bit. . .off and on top of that wore no mask to speak off. Was he completely insane or had he spent so much time in this sector that he no longer needed to wear the damnable things. The man had demanded that the "three of you shut up" and she originally thought that he was talking to her and the other person that had made their way over. However, there were only two people that were anywhere near him.

Once the man spoke again Arella's eyes narrowed. If you do not sneak then why were you invisible? Why not just walk up to me like a regular person? she asked in a matter of fact sort of way. And sorry, but Azar does not go anywhere without me. she finished her thought. This man, this Mihael, had the audacity to actually reach out and try and take Azar from her grasp. What kind of strawberry scented crack had this man been smoking that made him think she would so willingly let him get off with her cat? Listening to the shrieking of one of the deformed workers she noted that Mihael seemed to blame her power on the fact that the creature had taken notice of them. Arella watched the gruesome assault on the worker at the hands of the man and finally realized that he wasn't asking ridiculous favors for the hell of it, but rather was actually quiet insane. How sad. His insanity blinded him to her will. She would not give over Azar to anyone even if it meant saving the lives of millions. Like I said, Azar does not go anywhere I don't go. she said bluntly.

I am fully capable of taking care of myself. You do not have to worry about one of those things attacking me. she explained to the man. I do not care if there are flesh eating creatures in this sector. It will do them no good if they cannot even get close enough to touch me. she explained hinting at her telekinetic powers. It was true. What did she have to worry about if she could simply throw the creatures around with her mind and not have to get anywhere near them. I am not some helpless little girl. I came here by myself knowing full well of the dangers in this area. I will be fine. Your. . .sympathy is not needed here. she said pulling Azar closer to her and hugging him against her chest. She would die before she allowed another to take the cat away from her.

HEALTHxx██████████████████████████████████████████████████ 100%
x
ENERGYxx██████████████████████████████████████████████████ 100%
AZAR'S MOODxxxl Agitated

OOC / /

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

T o d a y ' sxxxw e a t h e r !xxxE x c e s s i v e l yxxxV I O L E N T
          W i t hxxxAxxxc h a n c exxxo fxxxD I S M E M B E R M E N T !xxxS t a yxxxt u n e dxxxf o rxxxt h exxxf i v e - d a yxxxf o r e c a s t !

ℓσ¢αтισи- Sector 1; Base; his apartmenttabѕтαтυѕ- Thinking; Tensetab¢σмραиу- Lynntabσвנє¢тινє- Preparing for the mission

Eric had finished his chicken fingers and had started to read over the report Lynn gave him for a third time before he heard his phone go off in his room. Rising from his seat, he walked across into his room and retrieved his phone. Standing there near his bed, he opened it up and read it over, the sudden flush of angry heat coloring his cheeks.
How dare that weasel say such a thing.

His palm flared with heat and it took all he had not to burn his phone to cinders. Instead, he sent a small message in return, knowing if Watanabe was smart, he would get the picture, and recognize the underlying message that meant he was on Lynn's side, and no longer on his.

To: The King

Watch your back.

Bringing the phone with him, he walked back over to the table, setting the phone down and moving to throw away the empty food box. Afterward he sat back down in his chair, setting the file in his lap and reading it over again.

A few moments later, the elevator chimed, green eyes glancing up, somewhat surprised to see Lynn. He had forgotten all about her visit. And now he felt exposed, clearing his throat as she made a comment about his attire. "Yeah well... Once I finished training and showering, I didn't really feel like getting dressed again, not if we're staying in the rest of the night."

Closing the folder, since she seemed to have something ready for him, he set it aside and turned in his chair as she settled in her own seat, resting his forearms on the table and staring at the device. Eric remained silent as she explained the simple device, watching her hand a she pointed to each button.

After she was done, he reached out and gingerly took the device in hand, turning it around and inspecting it. "What if I hit the buttons by accident, during shipment?" He asked quietly, feeling like if he raised his voice, he would disturb her sleepy state. "Will they be in a bag that I can carry around as I'm climbing around, or are they going to strap to some special belt or something?"He inquired, setting the bomb back down between them before leaning back in his chair, his arms crossing over his chest.

His hair was still slightly wet, and it was annoying him. Already he felt remaining water dripping off the pink ends and sliding down onto his shoulders. Even after the vigorous workout, his whole body still looked tense. It would probably stay that way until the job was done. He tapped his fingers lightly on his arm where his hand rested, rolling his neck and leaning his head back, closing his eyes to the ceiling. "And you're sure that they'll blow when you hit whatever button you've made for them?"

U n t i lxxxn e x txxxt i m e ,
xxxT h i sxxxi sxxx Y o u rxxxA s s a s s i n,
A n dxxxy o u ' r exxxl i s t e n i n gxxxt o . . .
G a l a x yxxxN e w sxxxR a d i o . . .
B r i n g i n gxxxy o uxxxt h exxxt r u t h
N oxxxm a t t e rxxxh o wxxxb a dxxxi txxxh u r t s . . . ☠

~ Eric Matsukovich, RESTART

Survivor

User Image
Health

CriticalXXStableXXXWeakXXXActiveXXHealthy
█ █ █ █ | █ █ █ █ | █ █ █ █ | █ █ █ █ | █ █ █ █

Stress

MinimalXXLowXXNoticeableXHighXDangerous
█ █ █ █ | █ █ █ █ | █ █ █ █ | █ █ █ █ | █ █ █ █

XXXXXXXXXXкєαяσ иαѕαиαмXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXThe Fallen SoldierXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXSector 4 | Star City | Shipyards/DocksXXXXXXXXXX

Kearo turned his attention to Sigma who approached him from behind and asked about Watanabe was the man he was searching for. He answered his question with a confirming nod. "That's the primary objective over everything. It'll bring us that much closer to shutting down Restart." Kearo turned his attention back to the poster but listened to the cyborg's advice. "I'll keep that in mind." He said dully. If Kearo happened to be alone and without his medicine when he comes across Watanabe then he'd go after him in a moment's notice. Besides, in the time it would take for him to take his medicine or wait for Sigma then there were chances of the target escaping.

Kearo turned around when he heard someone entering the ship. He turned around and saw that it was a girl, one that he hadn't seen before who happened to step onto the ship with them. Kearo was about to tell her to get off when the girl spoke up and sounded like Maria. "What the hell?" Kearo's eyes narrowed and squinted a bit as he observed the girl's features. The face was familiar as well as the eye color, but the hair was different. He reached out and grabbed a few strands of hair to discover that they were fake. Maria was apparently wearing a wig. As he brought his hand back to his side, he said "It's good enough. Better than mine or Sigma's." Well, that was obvious considering that they weren't wearing disguises.

"Go sit down." Kearo motioned over to the seats before walking up to a nearby intercom that was installed on the ship. He brought himself closer to the microphone and spoke into it after pressing a button. "This is Kearo Nasanam. Sector 4. Stat." "Roger." Kearo walked back over to a nearby seat and buckled himself in as he waited for the ship to take off. It was obvious it would take awhile for the pilot to prep the ship, but the addition of 'Stat' into Kearo's command had made the wait a whole lot shorter. The door to the ship closed and the ship detached itself from the docks. Due to the lack of gravity the moving of the ship wasn't really felt at all, thus Kearo was able to rest easy in his seat for awhile before the gravity of the planet would kick in.

Kearo was asleep in his chair when they entered the atmosphere, but he woke up when he felt the gravity take effect once more. He shuffled around his seat until he found what he was looking for in a small compartment. It was an air sickness bag. The dizziness that Kearo experiences have made it difficult to adjust to the changes in gravity so much so that Kearo almost never left the base of Control. But this was important, so much so that Kearo would rather experience the vomiting than wait for someone to travel to get the medicine and return with it. Kearo thought it was worth it, but he was having second thoughts the entire time he was heaving into the bag. For a moment it stopped, but when Kearo looked out the window and saw the ship was slowing down to dock, Kearo had no choice but to heave again merely because of the change in speed.

When they finally docked, Kearo tossed the bag into a waste basket and stepped off of the ship to feel the fresh air around him. Being located up in Sector 8 didn't allow residents to experience this on a daily basis, but being down here made people almost numb to its effects. Kearo sure felt it though, a slight stress reliever it was. But there was no time to relish in the moment, especially since they were in Sector 4 and that they had something important to do. First was get his medicine, then the next was to get out of Sector 4. Going back up to Sector 8 would be somewhat of a waste, especially since the next time they would come back down here wouldn't be for another month or two. Well, at least for Kearo it wouldn't be. When they get everything they need to do out of the way first then they could figure out what to do next.

Timid Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
If the world was mine...? I would let everyone do what they wanted. Rules are only broken anyway...

User ImageRhoswen Rewolf

Uh-oh, the silent librarian found me crying...

Rhoswen let her squirming toy cat go, which quickly went to work with pawing at her feet, making sure they were ok. She laughed softly, her hands staying curled near her face as the cushy paws investigated her feet. Some tiny pebbles that had gotten stuck fell out but nothing serious. Thankfully no glass or sharp rocks met her in the careless running. Once it was sure that her feet were without any cuts it happily jumped back in her arms. “Good kitty.” She muttered between sniffles, glad that cities had alleys to hide in. It wasn’t quiet for Rhoswen’s sniffling to be heard for long. Hearing a familiar voice she looked up at Isabella. Her eyes went wide and she stood up at once, saluting the librarian after she had placed charcoal down. “Isabella. I-I’m ok ma’am. W-what do you need?”

The girl was doing a poor job of trying to keep with that lie. She kept her sniffling, nothing could be done about her puffy eyes, and her form was shaking a little. The childish toy tried to keep her lower lip from wavering but it did so anyway. Giving up on the foolish attempt at a lie she hugged the older woman, “Boys are r-really mean.” She muttered, not wanting to say more than that. This woman was their leader; she likely wouldn’t like to know that the boy she was crying about was an assassin. Suddenly the fear of getting in trouble came to her. Assassins were sort of double agents most of the time, working for whoever paid more. By being, well by trying to be close to him, was she bringing the rest of her team in danger? As a result of this worry she squeezed the woman a little more in search of comfort. No matter how “big” she tried to act, the childish toy was still just a child.

It would make one wonder how she got involved with this messy war anyway. Not that there had been a lot of fighting lately. The main reason was likely because of her powers. A number of uses could be found with being able to bring life to otherwise lifeless objects. Guns brought to life and turned on their owners, scarves that strangled whoever wore them… and no easy way to tell that the tampering had happened until it was too late. It was also useful for providing energy sources. The idea of a wheel for something to run on to bring energy, if that “something” was an animated object, it wouldn’t require breaks or fuel to keep it going. It would simply run until its little form wore itself out. Much like what happened when one used a pencil. It could be used again and again until there was nothing left. However, giving life was taxing. Usually when she gave life to something it was only temporary, lasting five or ten minutes or even longer depending on what she needed. The longer the temporary life was given, the weaker she would become and the more food her body would demand. This required her to have a lot of energy and fuel to burn in her system. She needed to eat a lot for her tiny size, so she usually only gave her plush cat Charcoal constant life… which reminded her… when was the last time she ate something?

The white rose’s stomach then growled furiously at her, causing her to let go of Izzy to look at it in surprise. It was weird to hear such a sound from herself, no matter how many times it had come before. She had a weak smile as she looked up at the woman, rubbing her eyes with one hand as she cleared her throat. “Um… I should go find food… oh and Reavé! I made a new friend and his name is Reavé but I lost him because I got upset about what another boy sent me in a text.” She said, seeming to at least have her open book nature back. “He was trying to help me find grandpa.” She mumbled and stuck her head out of the alley slowly, looking around for the familiar face.

I'm ok! Now where can I find some food...? Oh and Reavé too of course!

Out of Candy:
Sorry about the wait, I hope this will do.

People bend the rules, change the rules, break the rules, and bribe their way out of the rules all the time... so why bother having them?

Aged Humorist

9,425 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Timid 100
xxxxxxxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxxxxxUser Image

♕ The Queen VS The King ♔

☒ Pawn takes pawn. xxxxxx ☒ Knight takes castle. xxxxxx☒ Queen takes bishop. xxxxxx ☒ King takes knight.

Who will win this game of wits?

His voice was soft and almost soothing as she listened to his question about if the bomb would go off by accident. It almost made her want to laugh at the weird contrast, but she held her tongue. Instead she smiled and looked up at him, listening to him talk about his concerns. It was alright for him to be concerned, but it made her feel a little hurt. Did he not trust her to give him a bomb that wouldn’t blow up in his arms? Yawning again, she covered her mouth with the crook of her arm before pushing herself up in her chair. She stared down at the device before slamming her hand down on top of its back where the buttons where. Nothing happened, so she removed her hand and picked it up. She shook it around violently for a moment before setting it back down.

“By accident or not, it’s not a trigger-happy bomb. Even after you activate them, they wont go off unless I say so. That’s what I love about them.” She leaned back in her seat and sighed. “Hmm...how will you carry four bombs through tight quarters, my friend?” She asked in a cocky tone before smirking at him.

“I was thinking...maybe it would be fun to carry them in your pockets.” She said before resting her elbows on the table to prop her head up. “Or maybe we can make a belt for them. Would it fit better around her chest or around your waist?” She glanced at his bare chest and then dropped her gaze away from him. She shouldn’t let her eyes travel any farther.

“Thank you...” She said softly, her gaze still away from him before she slowly looked up at him. “You being here really means a lot...and I...I...” She lost the words, the ones she should be able to say so easily. Why wouldn’t they come out? She looked away from him again, quickly adverting her gaze from him.

“Maybe we should just tape the bombs to your back.” She said in a too serious tone, to change the mood of the room and get her mind away from the words that she failed to say.

---------------

Kazuya was just about done with his meal when his phone went off all of a sudden. He could feel it vibrating and he wondered if it was Lynn texting back to share a few words since she obviously had his phone jacked, but instead it was the Assassin replying to his message. It was rare that the Assassin would play into what he said, but maybe the Assassin had a soft spot for Lynn. That would be fun to exploit. Maybe the two of them were already getting comfortable with one another like he thought. Sure he was only teasing at first, but it was possible. If the woman wanted something, she would go to any lengths to get it. He waited a while, picking at the remainder of his meal, before he replied to the Assassin.

Compose New Message

To: The Assassin

Re: (no subject)
                                                    Text:
                                                    You should be watching your own back. The woman in charge has her own way of handling people. If you don’t do as she says, you’ll regret it for the rest of your life. It would be better if you just dealt with me. I won’t treat you as a disposable object, but as a human being. Consider it, old friend.

Message Sent

Watanabe closed up his phone and slipped it away. He then stood up and walked out of the restaurant. He strolled around the neighborhoods, not worrying about any enemies lurking around in Sector 1. Of course his newest enemy may come at him in broad daylight, but he doubted that Lynn would let her new pet off her leash. Annoying woman. He will love the day when she is finally out of the way.

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

W i t hxxxAxxxc h a n c exxxo fxxxD I S M E M B E R M E N T !xxxS t a yxxxt u n e dxxxf o rxxxt h exxxf i v e - d a yxxxf o r e c a s t !

ℓσ¢αтισи- Sector 1; Base; his apartmenttabѕтαтυѕ- Thinking; Tensetab¢σмραиу- Lynntabσвנє¢тινє- Preparing for the mission

For being as calm and as cool and collected as he tended to be, he still jumped and cursed as she slammed her hands so suddenly, flailing in his chair before all four legs were back on the floor, staring at the bomb and her. Green eyes were wide as he watched her shake it so violently, calming the slight spike in breath she had caused.
He settled again completely as she sat back down, nodding slightly as she said they wouldn't go off, looking down as she teased him.

"I'm sorry."
He said softly.
"I didn't mean to make it sound like I didn't trust you. It's technology that I have a harder time trusting. What can go wrong, will go wrong, as the saying goes." He just wanted to keep all the variables in check.

He fell into contemplation, glancing to his side out the window, missing her look toward his chest. Well, he did have those cargo pants with the multiple pockets.
"Well, if they're all this uniform in size, then I don't think pockets would be a problem, or if I can find one, one of those string bags that I can loop around my arm."
he said, staring out the window for a little while longer before her soft tone brought him back to stare at her.

She wasn't looking at him, and she always looked at him. Her avoidance made it seem like something was wrong, not to mention the fact that she suddenly couldn't come up with anything, then tried to change the mood.
Eric remained silent, quietly studying her, arms still crossed loosely over his chest. After another long moment, he spoke up lightly in jest.

"I wouldn't be able to reach them on my back. Plus tape on the skin is not pleasant."
he said, a little half smile offered to her.

His phone buzzed on the table top, glancing at it before picking it up, running his finger across the screen to open it and check the message.
Watanabe.

He sat there in silence, probably reading over the text several times.
It was a difficult situation. He had never been close to either one of them, always at an associate's length, had never had enough time to get to know them, so he couldn't gauge who was playing with him here. She could easily be playing the sad woman who needed someone, and he could be playing the old time comrade that knew he needed to watch out.

His fingers hovered over the keys on the screen, debating on whether to send anything back. He wasn't sure what to say. In the end, he told himself he did this for his own personal reasons, as he had told Lynn on the street after the restaurant incident.
Eric stared a the words 'disposable object', thinking that small phrase fit him perfectly. He was a tool, and he accepted it.

To: The King

But that's all I've ever been.
Being human is overrated.

Sending the text, he set the phone back down on the table before looking back to her, leaning forward in his chair, arms resting on the table as he looked at her intently.
He would wait for her to turn her head toward him before his left arm came up, taking her chin in his thumb and forefinger, not painfully, but firmly enough to hold her attention.

Green eyes bore into hers, staring into them deeply. There wasn't anger, just more silent contemplation, gauging her, evaluating his worth to her, and her worth to him.
Fingers gently eased off, skin brushing off of hers slowly as he released her chin before pushing himself up out of his seat, walking toward the kitchen.

"I think pockets will be fine. Since you've demonstrated how easily they knock around without incident, then I won't be worried about running with them, plus I'll need my hands and arms empty."He said simply, tone light as he grabbed a cup from the cabinet and poured himself a glass of orange juice.

Aged Humorist

9,425 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Timid 100
User Image
X
X
X
User Image

XXXXyou can't stop a shadow from following youXXXXXXXyou can't help but feel afraidXXXXXXXthere's no where you can hideXXXXXXXyou can never run away

She felt a little bit better when Eric joked back with her. A wave of relief sweeping through her body. At least he wasn’t hanging up on her every word. However, she repeated what she had said to him and how her voice trailed off over again in her head until his phone buzzed loudly on the table. She fixated her gaze on something around the apartment, not seeming to care about the text message. She would read the text later anyways, just like she normally did. She wondered what Eric must have replied to Watanabe earlier, but since it didn’t look like his attitude towards her had changed she didn’t really care either way. She then heard the typing away on his phone, the small tap fingers make on the phone before there was silence. She turned and looked at him, her arms crossed on the table. Then a sudden movement caught her attention.

He moved his hand out towards her and cupped her chin. She stared down at his arm before meeting his intense gaze. What was he doing? She stared back at him with a calm face, out of habit, but inside her head she was wondering if it would be better to pull away. She had never been in this odd position before, staring down a guy that was holding her chin. It was odd and made her feel like she was being analyzed. Just what was Eric up to? However before she could question the action, he pulled away and stood up from his seat to walk to the kitchen. She was still looking where his eyes once were, those green orbs burning into her memory.

He was talking about something with the bombs again, but her mind was too confused to pay real attention. What the hell was that just now? How should she be reacting to it? It felt like someone had just placed her in front of an empty chessboard. There weren’t any pieces to move, no where to go. It was blank. Suddenly her face flushed as anger came over her. How could he keep doing that? He was doing things she hadn’t predicted and couldn’t anticipate. Why was he able to do something that no else could? Stump her.

She pushed up from her seat, composing herself as she kept her head turned away from him. She took a quiet breath before she felt herself calm down considerably. She then turned and walked to the kitchen. She moved until she was standing in front of him and then moved her right hand up, squeezing his jaw like he had as she stared him down.

“What the hell was this about?” She asked, pinching his chin until she released him from her grasp. “What makes you think you can touch me like that, hm?” She crossed her arms under her chest, giving him a stern look. She really didn’t know what to make of that odd gesture, so the calmest thing she could do was ask him.

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

Eric had glanced at her as she still sat at the table, bringing his orange juice up and taking a sip, staring at her over the rim of the glass. She seemed unable to come up with anything, like before when he had asked her that question. That was good. If he could keep her on her toes around him, he wouldn't be underestimated, wouldn't be thought of as 'predictable'. That was the last thing he wanted to be.
Watching her rise, he set his glass down and the jug of juice on the counter. Expecting something like this, he merely let his arms hang at his sides, the small space between him and the counter now housing Lynn. He didn't move to get her fingers off of him, didn't pull away, and didn't take on any sort of look. He just stared at her until her questions finished.

Eric shifted a bit closer with what little space was left between them, body naturally hotter than that of any regular person, the heat radiating off of him. Leaning his head down, his cheek barely brushed hers, mouth near her ear as he stared across the apartment.
"I was looking for my worth. My loyalty and my trust are two different things." he stared, voice barely above a whisper."If I can't make it out of that building within an hour to plant those bombs, who's to say that you just won't leave, and blow the place?"

"Now, I don't trust Watanabe as far as I can throw him, and I'm still on the fence about my trust in you. For all I know, you could be playing the helpless, just another woman looking for backup. But for as long as I've known you, you've never been, helpless... so that makes me question my worth to you."
His muscles were tight, unsure of the feelings that were running through him, head tilting to the side, lips barely brushing her ear as he closed his eyes.
"You hide it, but you can be as ruthless as me, cutting loose ends without a second thought. I was just trying to see if I was one of those loose ends."

He felt some strange sort of thrill running through him. Lynn was dangerous, just as much, if not more, so than he was. She had the power to use other people's powers, so it wouldn't be such a stretch for her to grab him, and then have the two of them in a fire fight in the apartment. He wondered vaguely if she could suck on his physical abilities as well. She was also intelligent, and had that kind of rare ability to see many steps ahead of everyone else, and that made her very dangerous.
Eric came to the realization, perhaps after Watanbe's text, perhaps later, that he might indeed like Lynn. He didn't want to admit it yet, because there were varying degrees of liking someone and he wasn't sure where he was, but as it stood, Lynn excited him, excited the monster inside of him.

Straightening, he stared into her face for a moment longer, gauging, before he brought his arms around her, grabbing the glass of juice and the jug before turning around to the fridge. He put the jug away and close the fridge, turning around slowly and leaning back against it, one arm crossed over his chest and holding his elbow, the other hand with the glass near his lips. Another sip, another long stare in her direction.

Aged Humorist

9,425 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Timid 100
User Image
X
X
X
User Image

She was beginning to hate Eric Matsukovich. For a very brief instant when his breath first touched her skin, she wanted to punch him square in the jar. It was rare for her to hit someone on impulse, but with the person in question being Eric, maybe it would be such a stretch. He wasn’t so wrong though as she listened to him. He wanted to know his worth to her, that was a fair question to want answered. She even said earlier that day that she hadn’t trusted him to begin with, but that can be said about everyone. However, she was someone who could gain anyone’s trust by simply telling them what they wanted to hear. It’s a little funny how people easily trust her when she could turn on them in a blink of an eye.

When he started explaining his distrust of her and the bombs, she began feeling like she had been in a similar situation. However, her mind came to a chessboard than an actual human being. She couldn’t remember who she was playing against, but it was early in her years of life. She was tricking her opponent by moving the castle in an offensive manner, but then she moved her knight to get the attention off the castle. Her knight then got in the crosshairs of a bishop and the opponent’s knight. The opponent was certain her knight would attack their king, but Lynn didn’t do that. She left the knight for dead and took the king with her castle. Would she do the same thing to Eric? Her eyes looked over at his face next to her’s, but all she could see was his damn pink hair. Could she really leave him to die tomorrow? She was leaning to yes at this moment since he was taunting her so much, but she knew she wouldn’t do that. He was still going to be needed after the bombing because attack Control will only be the first step.

He pulled away from her ear and stared at her face. Maybe he was too cautious about looking her directly in the eye now after saying some harsh accusations, but she held a calm look on her face. Her default face, as someone in her past had put it. When he moved his arms around her to the counter behind, she looked away as if unamused before watching him walk to the refrigerator to put the juice away. He then stood there, acting like he was king of the world. So, she made the first move. Walking over to him, she raised her hand and slapped the glass full of juice from his hand.

“Would a worthless man like yourself be privileged to a room in the sky?” She asked, referring to the apartment she gave him. “You think you’re a loose end, right?” She asked, her tone becoming deadly. “If you even knew something about me, then that would make you a loose end. What do you really know about me, Eric? Nothing. Maybe the things I’ve already told you are complete lies to make me seem helpless, but could I fool you forever?” The question rhetorical. “I’m not afraid of you or Watanabe, but if you think I would leave you to die in Control’s hands, then you must not think very much about me.” She pushed her hands on the fridge, capturing him as she moved up on her tippytoes to face him at equal eye level.

“Would I really let a valuable knight, like yourself, die in the first move?” She smirked at that before moving her lips to his ear, mocking his previous movement as she pressed her body against his. “What can a queen do without her knight?” She whispered before pressing her lips against his neck. She could smell the orange juice on him and she never liked the smell of it more. She then pulled away from him, lowering her hands back down and stepping back.

“I won’t leave you for dead, but if you don’t believe me then I guess we’ll find out tomorrow.” She shrugged, her default face appearing as she turned away from him. She should have punched him because now she craved for more than just the orange juice on his lips. She paused in front of the table, looking down at the bomb sitting on it before picking it up. She inspected it for a moment before turning and walking towards the elevator.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” She said as the doors closed her off and she proceeded back to the floor above. She wasn’t so tired now as she walked back into her own apartment, but she was agitated to the point of killing someone for the hell of it. She sat the bomb down with the others before sitting down at her game of chess. She picked up three pieces and pushed the rest aside. On the opponents side was the white king and his knight. On her side was just the queen. She started playing the game in her head, doing possible moves and then counter moves until she calmed down. Even if the knight went with the king, she would still be able to outmaneuver them. At least that’s how she saw it. Relaxed and feeling her body demand for sleep, she crawled over to her hardly-used couch and curled up. She never liked sleeping on a bed, even though she did other things on it, so she made the couch her bed.

Once she found herself in a comfortable enough position, she looked down as if she could see through the couch and floor to where Eric was. What was his next move going to be? He could easily brush away her comments and still believe he was someone she could get rid of without regrets, or he could believe her and know she wasn’t going to leave him in a building full of bombs. She laughed and closed her eyes. From her point of view, it will take more than not blowing him up in a building to make him truly believe she wasn’t going to kill him. Sighing, she calmed her mind down and started doing repetitive puzzles in her head that she had done for as long as she could remember. Some doctor said it would help her mind focus on one thing and doing it over would help her sleep. So far it’s been working, but who knows when her mind will finally make her mad? Whose to say she isn’t already? Curling up in a ball on the couch, she drifted off to dream of madness and explosions.

Thieving Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image

User Image
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

The two-hour time-skip has been initiated.

7,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Hanako Tsunade
The Clumsy Star

User Image

Blanket of silence
Makes me want to sink my teeth in deep.Burn all the evidence,A fabricated disbelief.
Pull back the curtains.Took a look into your eyes.My tongue has now become.A platform for your lies.Now you know.Yeah you got my back against the wall.Oh god! I ain't got no other place to hide.Chained downLike a sittin' duck just waitin' for the fall.You know.
Yeah you got my back against the wall

Location: Sector 2 Company: None Thoughts: Answer your phone~ Oh my poor feet!

It has taken a whole hour to reach sector eight and for Hanako to finally get out of the car. Paying the man and suggesting to him that he should forget he had every taken her to sector eight. The suggestion stuck to the man's mind as he drove off and if asked if he had been to sector eight that day, he would truthfully answer no, he hadn't.

'Thank god that I have my suggestion persuasion...' she thought to herself as she walked into the sector's road house to be issued a special pair of shoes that way she did not float off into space since the gravity was so different than the rest of the sectors. After collecting and paying for her footwear, Hanako made her way out onto the main street of the district, muttering one of her own songs that had become very popular on the radio as of late under her breath.

“ Well I didn't tell anyone but a bird flew by. Saw what I done. He set up a nest outside! And he sang about what I'd become...” she muttered out, barley low enough for pass byers to hear.

Even if she was muttering it helped clear her head and calm her nerves since she wasn't totally over Watanabe scolding her. In fact the card with that phone number was on was currently crumpled up at the bottom of her hand bag and she was slightly angry that he had given her the number, really a hit man could be traced back to her easily with the right investigator and she would not have that happening. She was already trying to save her career from Watanabe and a paper trail wouldn't work in her odds.

Sighing, she stopped walking and looked up at the four story building now in front of her, this was where she was to meet Mr. Vero. Hopefully the man wouldn't be upset about having to wait so long for her appearance, she hated being late to meetings and if she was lucky, this would be fast.

The door was opened by a tall, dark skinned man, wearing a white lap coat and sporting a pair of glasses on his nose as he welcomed Hanako into his office. She gave him a smile and walked in, only to trip over a wrench on the floor, and landing face first with the carpet. The door clicked shut and the deep voice of Mr. Vero reached her ears in a chuckle.

“Maybe dear, are you okay?” he asked as he helped her back onto her feet.
                                        Hanako screamed at herself in her mind on how stupid and clumsy she was and blushed pink at her little trip. She nodded to him to allow him to know she was okay.

“I was surprised to hear from Kayden that he was to busy to come see me, but its a pleasure to see you again Tsunade-san. I am afraid that I don't have your order done though...”

“Oh well that's Kayden for you. As for my problem, its okay, after all Kayden is first priority and I do wish you keep things that way. So why exactly did you want Kayden out here? Is there something wrong?” she asked taking a seat in his swirling chair by his desk.

Mr. Vero sighed but was quiet for the moment, thinking on how to answer the rebel girl's question.
                                        “I trust you do know something about chemistry, my dear and the fact that for a combustion reaction to take place there must be enough energy, oxygen and carbon dioxide for us to have an explosion. You are aware of this?”

Hanako nodded but frowned. At the moment the back of the chair was towards him and she was looking out his window, her blue hue's looking off at the believed building that was thought to be Control's base which is where an explosion should go off if the plan was to go as planed.

Vero sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “Well it seems I've miscalculated the concentration of one of the chemicals and with our oxygen being thinner because of the gravity in this sector, I've concluded that even with a spark, nothing will catch. No explosion like we had planned. I'm sorry.” he explained.

Hanako bit her lip and turned in the chair. “It won't work! You are absolutely sure! No miscalculations this time, you are one hundred present sure.” she asked and stood up, annoyed. She received a nod from the older man and her blue hue's were glowing. “What are we to do now? This is supposed to be a great victory for Kayden! This plan was brilliant you said so yourself! What are we doing now?” she questioned and stocked forward.

Stepping back Vero's eye's flicked about. “No worries my dear, I've already asked Arella to collect our things and return here, I'm going to fix this for you all, The thing is, It's going to take a week or two for me to get the proper chemicals to fix things.”

Blinking and folding her arms she pouted. He had wanted Kayden to come all the way out for this! This was just too disappointing and madding, maybe it would be a good thing she would be breaking the news to him and not Vero, who knows what the egoist might say to him that could set them back. Shaking her head side to side she began making her way towards the office door. “Please just make sure to get things done and contact me when my order is ready. Thank you so Much Vero-san!” she said over her shoulder , tripping over that wrench again but this time catching herself before falling. She heard another chuckle and a good-bye as she made her way out the door.

Surprisingly, walking and catching a aircab in sector four it only took a total of forty-five minutes for Hanako to reach Sector two's gates again and then another fifteen to reach the entrance of the black-market area. Pulling her phone out she dialed Kayden's number and listened to as it ringed. They hadn't talked in two almost three hours now, so if she was lucky maybe he was still in sector two, even if he wasn't in the black market area it was a central location to meet at, and there would be a place she could grab a bit to eat since she had never gotten a snake on the way to district eight earlier or on the way back.

And thankfully there were enough fans in sector two that had picked up her own hair color and style of dress that she wasn't a sore thumb and no one would notice it was really her, though she was glade she still had her sunglasses on to add to extra security to her identity. She most definitely didn't need any of the press catching wind of her.

Sighing she ended the call to Kayden and opened up a new text file to send him.

To: Amazing King

Kayden-kun~ I'm finally in sector two! Hope your around! We should meet up if your not still busy. I'm towards the entrance of the black market. I have lot to tell you about my visit with Vero-san
                                        She typed up and pressed send

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas