• Brandisher 100
User Image
Eσs Vεlσʀεη
xxI don't wanna be kept, I don't wanna be caged,
xxxI don't wanna be damned, oh, hell
xxxxI don't wanna be
broke, I don't wanna be saved,
xxxxxI don't wanna be S.O.L - -

"Ah, thank you~" The healer Eos called back as he exited the tiny shop, a delightful grin plastered on his face. He had just purchased what he considered to be a treasure - - a small sack of glass marbles, tied with a thin gold ribbon. It was the small things that drained what money he had. He slid the sack into the inner pocket of his robe, then looked out into the crowded streets of Mirth. Eos pulled down his mask of the day, an odd quirk of his. He moved into the groups of people and started down the street heading towards the bigger shops. Holidays were upon the city, and the buzz about the crowd was refreshing. Back at his tiny shack in Saur, the most exciting thing he ever saw was the occasional misfired spell from a novice witch. 'Again with work, I should really focus on something else for once.'

Eos walked among the crowds, content just to be among people. After making the journey from Saur to Mirth alone, almost any kind of company pleased him. Then a cry caught his attention. He peered just off to the side of the crowd where he saw a small boy, holding his knee. "Oh dear." He said before forcing his way through the crowd to reach him. Presumably the boy had fallen while weaving through the crowds. He knelt beside the boy, "Does it hurt?" The boy nodded and hastily wiped his tears away. "One moment." He smiled beneath the mask and touched the child's knee, and seconds later felt a small fraction of his energy leave him. The scrape was gone when he pulled his hand away.

It was always a delight to see a person's reaction to his gift. Especially children, whose jaws usually dropped and their eyes grew into saucers. The boy cheerfully thanked Eos then took off once more into the crowds. The healer sighed softly beneath his mask, then went for the alleyway.

{owo; Hi, this is my first post. This clumsy creature is Eos, my human-ish healer. I left an opening for Jun, if you would like to take it Junko. n_n}

I want the new day & age...
User Image As the disgruntled demon examined the shrub line closely, looking for whatever had knocked over his trash cans and damaged the roof of his charm shop, Kopie slowly pushed back further in his hiding spot. The light rustling from the spirit's movement caught the attention of the shop owners ears.

"Aha! There you are you little.." the demon trailed off digging through the bush that the shadow hid in. Forming a small hole in the branches and leaves of the vegetation, he peeked in at the culprit. He gasped as the Cŵn Awnn looked back at him with glowing green orbs. Kopie panicked, letting out a loud, distorted howl-like growl that seemed to fade into existence. The demon's eyes widened as the spirit lunged at him, attaching to his head like a frightened cat.

The two scrambled around in an almost cartoonic scene. The demon yelled in surprise and grabbed at the spirit on his head as Kopie dodged and bit at his hands. This went on for a couple of minutes before Kopie bounded from the shopkeepers head, tossing him into the bushes as he pushed off. Again the spectral hound dug into the roof with his talons and clambered to the top. The demon shop keeper looked up at the anomaly he'd fitted with as it looked back at him before jumping down on the other side of the shop and dashing down the road at an incredible speed.

The demon slowly turned his attention from the shadow as it disappeared and looked up at the new damage on the roof.

"Son of a..."
User Image
All it takes is one lullaby,

Lucy woke up with a jolt, hitting her head on the lamp above her. "Ouch", she winced as she rubbed her throbbing temple to soothe the pain. She stood up and commenced cleaning around her: putting away cutting tools and shelving the last of the bells she had finished. She took the scrap metal left over and examined it carefully. This need not be wasted, I will use it later, Lucy decided, pocketing it carefully so it didn't bend.

She grabbed her dark olive scarf, wrapping it around her shoulders - after all, it was getting colder this time of year. Turning off the lamp, the shop enveloped her in darkness. It made her uneasy, so Lucy rushed to the front of the shop as quickly as she could, feeling childish. She flipped the open sign over, officially closing the shop. As Lucy pulled her hood up and braced for the bitter winds, she caught her reflection in the mirror. The scarf's colour made her pale skin and hair stand out, and she looked into sad grey eyes of a girl who's life was no longer as bright as it once was. Cheer up, Lucy, she thought, and stared at herself until a small smile spread across her lips. All better.

Lucy wandered out into the streets, walking in the light of the moon. Had she really been asleep that long? She wondered if Mrs. Wrylen, the elderly lady she lived with, would be up waiting for her when she got home. She worried about the plate of food that would be still on the table, no longer warm, and walked faster into the slowly shrinking crowd of those who were late closing their shops in the market.

to turn your every nightmare into a dream.

((OOC: Agreed. xD))
User Image
A Mage of Parcelomancy? A Master Summoner? No, far from it.

"This is an outrage! Cancel an arranged marriage between royalty, you say?! This an insult of the greatest magnitude! What gull you have Queen," he stretched the word mockingly, "Of Togath." The final syllable of Queen Mayu's country came out slurred and guttural. Spittle even escaped the king's lips. Tyonis had watched it all, as Queen Mayu had attempted to repair the damage that she had caused. At first, Tyonis was empathetic to the Queen's plight. Apparently, one of her servants had made a grave mistake. But as the conversation went on, the mage realized he did not care in the slightest. He had much more pressing and self-implicating matters to worry about. He touched his right arm with his left hand and rubbed, soothing the constant pain of being eaten alive from the inside out. If only for a moment.

He listened and watched as Queen Mayu continued to weave her words, in the shadows of the throne room. Eventually, the King had come to an agreement. Something about a stolen amulet. The torturous pain in his arm froze his senses somewhat - preventing him from hearing the final parts of the conversation. After the Queen departed, Tyonis finally approached his King, kneeling quickly, his head down, masking any sort of strained expression. "Ah, Tyonis Parcel Malphite, how good to see you." Tyonis could only reply with a modest thank you. What he was about to say would not please the King, and considering the conversation prior - it would only serve to further ruin his day. Still without hesitation or any break in voice, Tyonis explained his situation to the King. Thanks to several favors from various noble families, he would be given access to Mirth's Librorum Prohibitorum, a legendary underground cavern filled with the oldest and most powerful magical text in the world. In exchange, he would serve their country as their Royal Arch-mage for an unknown period of time.

The King of Pathur made no comment, but answered with a grunt, as if such a statement stabbed his very body. "I will be sore to lose you, Tyonis. You are a talented Mage - one of the world's finest. But I will let you go with my blessing. However, you must retrieve a certain trinket of mine." Tyonis blinked, staring at the ground. "Find my stolen amulet." Tyonis did not bother to ask why. He already knew. The Queen of Togath was after the same amulet, but she was nowhere near as capable as Tyonis, at least on her own. If Tyonis managed to find it first, the King would have no reason to pardon the marriage. The Mage bowed low and stepped out of the throne room and exited the castle.

His horse was ready and waiting, geared for a long trip. Seated on the saddle was black cat, with piercing citrine eyes. "How did it go, Mal?" Came the cat, in a well-formed baritone voice - much deeper than one would normally suspect. "We're going to Mirth. I'll explain on the way. My medicine please." At this request, the cat jumped off the saddle and fiddled through one of the bags that hung on the side. It then held up a small, fifteen milliliter vile of dark, red liquid. Tyonis snatched it from the cat's paws, uncorked it, and swallowed all of the contents, in one smooth and greedy motion. There was a sigh of relief as the last drop of the potion disappeared down his throat. "Tsk, taste's just as horrible as it did ten years ago."

"Your dosage has increased by five milliliters since last week. The potion is losing its effect and increasing the dosage just furthers to contaminate your blood. You should consider drinking less-"

"And be bedridden with pain until the chaos that swells within my soul eats me alive? No. I think I'll deal with the painkillers. Don't underestimate me. I still have the capacity to forcefully purify my bloodstream. I haven't fallen that far, yet. Enough of this let's leave, we have a long way to ride to Mirth."

Damn, I need my medicine...
User Image
.:: + - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ Junko Quintescent Mihari - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ + ::.

- Oh, I'm not ashamed. I'm proud of where I came from. -
- I was born and raised in Pa-athur -

- _ - _ - _ - _ - _ -
- _ - _ - _ - _ - _ -

User Image
- Proud of where I came from -

Jun's purple eyes scanned the crowd of people. Pushing, shoving, moving about. She spotted one or two planned thefts, and each time, her grip on her own money tightened. What if she had been the one to fall for such a trick? She realized she was gullible enough... She shook her head to rid herself of the thought, and looked up as she saw the faint silver light of the moon. She looked up, eyes wide, at the moon in the sky. It shone beautifully, casting a silver glow over the land. However, since they were in Mirth, it's natural beauty had long since been lost to these people. She could remember back in Pathur, watching the moon bathe her beloved forest in it's calm. "Oh, how I miss Pathur..." She murmurred. She had never gotten stuck in Mirth before. Lost, yes, but not stuck here! Yet, today, not only was she now stuck in Mirth, but she had also missed the festival back in Pathur. And, Miss Emma would probably have a conniption come morning, upon learning that Jun was still in Mirth. Not only that, but her mother! Oh dear heavens, her mother would have a heart attack!

But she couldn't think about the consequences now. Oh no, she had to find a place to stay, a small motel room. However, motel owners knew how to work the business in this town. Rooms weren't cheap, and it would be a lot cheaper to just sleep on the streets - even with the risk of being stolen from. Sighing, Jun made a 180 turn. She had decided earlier that, even though the crowd had gotten smaller, it was still far too big for her to get through. It would just be easier to go to the other end of the alley and find her way out from there. However, what Jun saw was not what she had been expecting. There was a young man walking towards her, a mask covering his face. Because of that mask, she couldn't positively identify just what he was. However, he didn't have any animal ears, he didn't have a tail, he didn't have horns, and he didn't have a completely different lower body. He looked completely human to Jun... However... She could be wrong. But whatever he was, he was walking towards her.

Wether he noticed her or not was a completely different story, and since they were alone in an alleyway, it was... Sort of unnerving. So, she decided to speak up. "Excuse me, sir." She spoke, her voice low and nervous. But she was positive he heard her. She took a deep breath, before looking up. "I'm... lost. Do you know of any place I can stay?" Really now, what else was she supposed to say? 'Oh hello. I'm Miss Emma of Pathur's healer in-training apprentice here on business. However, I was imcompetent and got lost, so now I need help from a total stranger!' She just couldn't imagine saying that, even with the way she was. So, waiting for her answer, the young girl stood with her left leg supporting her weight and her right leg slightly up, toes just skimming the ground. She held her money bag close, staring at it every now and than from nervousness.

[ OOC: And I take it! >8D ]

- And that is how I was raised -
bugybugy
(( OOC: Do you have something planned with the prince? Because i have a possible candidate for this role,and I want to know what's going on ;D ))

[No I really don't have any idea what to do with him. You go ahead and tell me yours D= ]
User Image

Tyonis and his familiar, Aleister the Black, finally arrived at Mirth, in the dead of night, with the moon high above their heads, watching over them like a caring mother. Or with the passiveness of a foster father. It would depend on one's mood. Tyonis' favored the latter. He had run out of medication halfway through the trip, and thrice, had to dismount for hours just to settle the pain. The late arrival did nothing to stem his attitude, which grew darker and darker as the night went on. Mirth was preparing for the annual seasonal holiday, which meant many of the local inns would be packed with the drink and the restless. At the very least, there were stables for his horse, unfortunately, Tyonis was not allowed to rest there, either. After being rejected for the eighth time, Tyonis opted to sleep on a park-bench. Aleister made no sound, knowing Tyonis wanted quiet. Even the slightest noise would push his mind over the edge. The pain that tortured his body and soul almost consumed him.

They were making their way through the market street when Tyonis' mind finally collapsed. Aleister sensed it a second before, and jumped out of the way of his master's body as it fell against a wall. Tyonis managed to stay conscious, through the crashing waves of pain, forcing his body up against the wall, before slowly sliding down onto the ground in a seated position. His hood was up, so no one could see the bloody tears that streamed down his cheeks. The noise of the crowd, the slamming of doors, and the closing of shops continued to assault his ears, triggering more and more waves of pain. Aleister watched as the crimson tears slowly stopped, when Tyonis' mind caved in on itself, forcing the body to shut down. Tyonis slept now, prone, his head tilted to the side. Even then, Aleister knew his master was still tortured. The pain continued through into his dreams - into his sleep. Tyonis' left hand shook with pain.

The black cat decided to take the initiative. It was risky revealing what he was - a familiar - a talking cat, even. But at the very least, Tyonis needed a decent place to recover.

"Oy!" The cat yelled into the crowd of passerbys. "Oy! Anyone!" Aleister bobbed and weaved though the mess of people, trying to garner attention, but failed - those that did hear him could not place the voice. It was logical - who would think a cat to speak?

Aleister was about to give up hope when...

((OOC: That's someone's invitation!))

User Image

☆═━┈┈━═☆ Mayu Sou and Kai Yung ☆═━┈┈━═☆
User Image

Making your life impossible...
..is part of my everyday job

Mayu restrained her tears when she gave the dress to the woman in the shop.She prayed to the gods that it will still be here when she'll come with enough money to buy it back.

Kai was barely holding his paranoic laugh,and Mayu glared at him with furious eyes.She looked so ridiculous in that poor green dress,it was hurting his heart. When they leaved the shop,he finaly exploded in laugh,and a few people stared at them with curiosity.
This time,Mayu noticed that they weren't in the center of attention anymore.The people were looking at them with the same boring look that theygave to the others dressed just like them,in Mirth's way.
She sighed,then laughed with Kai. "You should look at yourself too,you know.I have a feeling you're going to sleep alone tonight" Kai frowned,sarcastically. "Ah,my dear Flora,Jamina,Vera..All of them,waiting for me in Togath..What a pity!" "Oy,anyone"
"Indeed."
"Oy!" Mayu made a sign to Kai to stop laughing."Did you hear that?" "Ooy!!"
Kai looked at the people surrounding them,but there didn't seem to be someone calling.
"Strange..But I really heard someone calling,really clear,like it would be just at.." He looked down "..my feet."
Both Mayu and Kai looked down at a cat,that was staring back at them.

User Image

Aleister exhaled in relief as the pair looked down at him. He had finally managed to catch the attention of a few locals. Judging by how they were dressed in the common Mirth attire, at the very least, they would have a room or maybe even a place to stay. He stared at them both with his eyes, and held up a paw, waving it back and forth. "I believe this is how human's say 'hello?' Such a strange motion." He took one more look at the male before nimbly leaping up onto his shoulder, with practiced grace, as he had often done with his master. "Geh, you smell foul - worse than most other males of your species." Without another word, he jumped off of Kai's shoulder and onto Mayu, whom he took the delight of burying his nose in her hair, in an attempt to wash away Kai's apparent stench. "Much better. Well, allow me to introduce myself - I am Aleister the Black, servant of a well-respected mage. Unfortunately, my master and I have been abandoned by society, forced to sleep on the streets. Even worse off, he has an illness, and run out of medication, so I was wondering if you would be so kind enough to let us stay with you until morning. My master will happily compensate you both upon his recovery." He aimed his request more to Mayu than Kai - Aleister had an eye for people, or rather, a nose for one. He figured it would be pointless to even attempt to ask the male.

User Image

☆═━┈┈━═☆ Mayu Sou and Kai Yung ☆═━┈┈━═☆
User Image

Making your life impossible...
..is part of my everyday job

"HOLY SH....!!! Did you just see that?! This cat talked!" Kai was in a state of deep shock.It was his first time getting out from his country,and there were no talking cats in Togath.
Mayu covered her eyes with her hand.Even though he was a member of the royal family,he kept his wild manners of Saur.
"That's why you should get out to explore the world,you idiot.Oh! But..I'm sorry,you don't have time for such things! You'd rather spend your days with girls!!"
She glared at him,then turned her eyes to the cat on her shoulder."Pleased to meet you,Aleister.We were just on our way to find a place to stay as well.But.."
She turned to Chaya,who was still behind them. " Maybe you could help us,Chaya?I'll talk to your parents,if you're willing to help us and Aleister as well. "
She touched her hand,finding two more rings on her fingers.She hoped Chaya's parents,if she had them,would like the stones.
Kai frowned,remembering the cat's words about his bad smell.
"He said something about another guy.His master,I suppose."
"Ah,yes! You said he was injured! Should we see him? Is there any way to help him until we get him to a safe place?"

(( OOC: I guess we'll wait for Chaya's answer now..))
User Image

๑۩۞۩๑ S .L ๑۩۞۩๑

"Half light...half dark...

you never know what I can do."

Sei inhaled the clean air of Pathur.He was relaxing on one of the palace's balcony,enjoying the view and the sounds.The things he liked the most in the forest land.

The day was coming to an end,but there were still a lot of people coming and going,busy with the festival.His elder brother's wedding ceremony was like a miracle to the people of Pathur.It was exciting for them,since it was a long time since something unusual happened here.Pathur was alive after a long rest.

Sei smiled,looking down at the kids,playing roles,and chuckled when the one who played his brother,the prince,kissed a girl and recieved a slap back.

"Well then.."
He leaved the balcony to descend the stairs.He had some job to do today,the same one he was doing everyday after the sun sets down. Sealing the spirits from the forest was something he liked to do,but he was doing this more for his mother.Before she passed away,she was always in the forest at night,protecting the people of Pathur from the bad spirits,and guiding the good ones.
Now,it was his job.
He took the old paper lantern in one hand,his long staff with a giant purple amulet on the end in the other,and leaved the palace.After a few steps,he turned around and looked up.His brother waved at him and smiled from the balcony of his room.Sei smiled back and sticked out his tongue.He heard his brother chuckle,then whispering "..good luck."
He turned away and continued his path to the forest.
User Image
—⎝ Chaya Firmwood ⎠—

User Image

Chaya felt bad that Mayu had to exchange her beautiful red dress for the dark green clothes. As she waited for the two to change in their new attire, Chaya stared at the ring, touching the stone. It was not what she had expected as reward, but she was happy that she helped Mayu and Kai find a clothing shop.

Even though her face told Chaya and Kai she wasn't all the happy how the green dress looked on her, Chaya could only smile as she looked at the clothes. 'It looks beautiful on you!' She said as she adjusted her scarf and waved at vendor while the three walked out of the shop.
Mayu and Kai were talking and laughing when suddenly Mayu made a sign with her hand and Kai stopped talking. 'Did you hear that?' Mayu said and Chaya listened carefully.
'Ooy!!'
They searched the crowd for anyone that was calling out, of nobody seemed to be yelling. Then Kai looked down and stared at a black cat, who stared back at Mayu and Chaya.
'Did that cat just talked?' Chaya mumbled as she glared at the animal while standing close to Kai and Mayu. She had seen a few cats, but this was the first encounter with a talking cat and the look on Kai's face told her, he had never seen one either.

The cat gracefully jumped on Mayu shoulder after rejecting Kai for his smell, and he introduced himself as Aleister. He asked for helped, for his master, a respected mage, had fallen ill and ran out of medication and wondered if Mayu would be so nice to offer them a place to rest.
Mayu turned to Chaya.

The Forest Demon thought for a moment, playing with the key around her necklace. Her parents wouldn't be all to happy if she brought back a few strangers, but when Mayu ensured her that she would talk to them, Chaya nodded. 'I'll bring you to my home. It's not to far away from here.' She said and looked up at the sky, noticing it was already dark, 'I think our shop is closed now. '

[OOC: Hey SuckerPunch! In your last post you said something about a demon with decorated horns being a vendor of a charm shop, did you mean Chaya's father? 'Cause I got a little bit confused xD If it is her father I can adapt my upcoming posts. ]]

User Image

Tipsy Fatcat

7,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
Eσs Vεlσʀεη
xxI don't wanna be kept, I don't wanna be caged,
xxxI don't wanna be damned, oh, hell
xxxxI don't wanna be
broke, I don't wanna be saved,
xxxxxI don't wanna be S.O.L - -

As the noise from one side of the alleyway faded, the same amount greeted him as he approached the other side - as well as a girl. He craned his neck downward to peer at her through the tiny holes in the mask. He judged her to be a young kid, being so short. "Er, yes." He tapped his chin, then tilted his head slightly to the left. A lock of red hair fell over the white mask, and a small smirk slid onto his face beneath. "But what's a young girl doing out all by herself? Let alone in an alleyway? Are you lost, kitten?" He continued towards her until he was an arms length away. He raised a hand and held it out to her, and simultaneously lifted his mask to reveal his face.

"I'll answer your question if you tell me your name." In truth he actually did not know of an open place to stay. He himself had forgotten to book a room ahead of time, and only the young girl's question jogged his memory. A small smile tugged at his lips. "I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours." His eyes glanced at her money bag, then back up to her face. Anyone could see she was nervous, even a little scared, which in truth was not what you wanted to show on your face even in Mirth. But, luckily for her, Eos was not of the despicable type, no matter how it seemed at times.

I want the new day & age...

Rainbow Prophet

6,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Wintersday Bard 50
○◘.§◘.○ Ɛlνιrɑ ○◘.§.◘○

"Đaughter of Shadows..."

"Mother of Malevolence..."

User Image

Elvira traveled down the quiet road; the area she was in was noticeably lighter, and much warmer than Kratos. The air was visibly clearer and the grass stood full and green, swaying against the gentle breeze. It was a very nice change of environment and it was perhaps soothing to see the visible rays of the bright sun.

The sorceress, however, absolutely despised it. She absolutely hated anything that had to do the sun, warmth, happiness…the list could go on. Elvira was a creature who thrived in a land of complete darkness and negativity. So it came to no surprise when she completely covered herself from head to toe to avoid allowing the sun, breeze or any other form of good nature touch her skin. It’s not like she was allergic to any of it…she just hated it.

With her cloaked figure, she appeared to be an old woman, hobbling her way down the road. When the sun was blocked by a traveling cloud, she looked up to check her surrounding for anything that she might encounter…for she was in no mood to meet another traveler. Unfortunately for her, she was right beside a field of wild flower. They shifted gently under the breeze and…

“ACHOO!!!” She groaned and cursed darkly quite loudly at her misfortune. She sneezed again, but this time in a rapid session. After the tenth sneeze, she got fed up and cursed the entire field. Immediately all the flowers wilted over and shriveled up into a giant field of dead flowers and grass. She sniffed in satisfaction and sneezed once more.

“I’m beginning to think that this is a big mistake…” She grumbled to herself. Fortunately for her, there was a lone traveler heading towards her direction. He appeared to be a cheerful young man and she had the instant feeling of wanting to take away his life.

So, she did just that. Walking away from the mangled corpse along the side of the road, she was smirking to herself, despite the sun’s reappearance. She noticed a sign not too far away from her that read: City of Pathur, Ten miles away

((OCC: Ohh, new comers! xD *opens arms in warm welcome.))

"Ƈome with me..."

"Ąnd succumb to my lure..."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas