Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Mireille Lavigne
Descuits, Refugee

The prison scene was starting to look more like a war zone than a riot, and Mireille had never felt a stronger need to get out of this place. She had wasted enough time since the riot broke out, almost getting lost within the facility when a group of guards scared her in to running the wrong way. She seemed to be back on track now, as the sounds of battle were getting louder. There was still a lot of fighting going on around the exit. While frightening to run through, this was ultimately a good thing, hopefully meaning she hadn't missed the boats yet. Coming to the final stretch, the frightened girl decided that she would either make it, or... She wouldn't. Most of the guards seemed preoccupied with the fight, so with minimal hesitation, Mireille decided to take it at a sprint. Just run, and pray.

And did she ever run. She could hardly bear to watch where she was going, expecting to be shot at any moment. When a guard did turn her way, he was literally sucked into the ground by some unknown force, becoming a little too dead to do anything to stop her. She could now see out the door, and all the way to the docks, so close, but still so far. When she finally did make it through those doors and into the open air, she shrieked, as a man running ahead of her was gunned down almost immediately. The escapees running with him stopped to avenge their fellow mutant, but Mireille simply moved around them and continued running, more desperate than ever. No time to feel guilty for running like a coward. She WAS a coward. And up ahead, the boats were leaving!

It had been years since she had run this hard - Or at all, really. Her whole body ached, but she gave it her all, running straight for the docks with nothing but luck to thank for her continued existence. Without stopping to size up the distance once she reached the docks, Mireille shot a ring of golden light out over the water, opening a similar ring directly in front of her and launching herself through it. The ring closed behind her as she came flying through the other end, letting out a squeak of surprise as she found herself completely missing the boat. Acting quickly as she hung only a few feet above the water, she repeated the process, managing to get a portal under herself just before hitting the water, instead hitting another mutant, and seconds later, the floor of the boat.

But this had all been a while ago. The battle continued on both shores, but the boats of escaped mutants moved between them without much trouble. It was the crowd of armed men ahead that would be the real problem...

And yet, by the time they got there, those men had mostly been taken care of. The armed force they had been dreading was falling, some for unknown reasons, many killing themselves. Some of the people on the boat began to cheer, but Mireille was more tempted to cover her eyes. Perhaps it was naive to feel sorry for those people... But it did make for an easier escape. As soon as they were close enough, people began to jump from the boat to the dock, joining the boats ahead of them as mutants ran in every direction, hoping to escape before reinforcements could organize.

She knew her luck was bound to run out as the shooting started again, though which side was shooting now, she had no idea. She tried to follow behind others, hoping someone had an idea where they were running to, but ultimately the girl lost her nerve, ducking into an alley to gain cover. She took a moment to catch her breath before moving on, only to stop again when she came across someone on the ground, apparently injured. She mistook him for a corpse at first, but he was moving, and judging by the clothes, not from the prison. Yet, against her better judgement, Mireille approached after glancing behind her to see they were alone.

"Hey, you alright?" She asked, still a little breathless. She leaned to the side, trying to get a look at his hands, keeping an eye out for any weapon. She would totally deserve it if he jumped up and killed her. I should run... "Need a hand?"

Gallant Knight

1,150 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: Level Up 200
Frederick William Gustav

Team Lead for S.W.A.T Team Charlie

User Image
This pain, this suffering... Its caused by humans... or...
Or are they really people? Do they deserve to be called Humans? After all this?

=====================================================================

Charlie team was the back up team, the lead, Gustav, was not in the best condition to fight at the moment as his arm was causing his problems again. The damn thing twitching and causing him an unholy amount of pain at the moment as he tried to hide it from his three other members. Not really wanting them to see that his injury was causing him pain at all as they sped through the city, trying to get to the perimeter that had been broken by several of the police officers going insane and killing and wounding many civilians.

This pissed him off to no end to hear that his own officers, many of witch had been in the swat training he had given had turned and fired upon unarmed combatants. It was the worst thing anyone could do in his eyes, and if any of them remained, he would kill them himself. Though as they finally pulled up on the perimeter, nothing was left of civilian or of their entire force of cops...

Bailing from the Suv now, his left arm still causing him problems, he began to direct his team to set up and keep the perimeter, even though several waves of mutants had already began to run through the city. Shaking his head he keyed his throat mic. "Base, this is Charlie lead, the perimeter was breached, and quiet a few mutants ran through." At that point, he cursed as his ear piece cracked to life as his Bravo gunner, a man on a M249 opened up on several oncoming mutants, dropping the poor fools in their tracks before the rest of his three people began to open up on the oncoming men and women that were deemed a threat to the city.

Keying his com again, he barked into the mic. "We need those damn Knights at this location! My team of three can't hold these people forever, we are already engaged with deadly force and need assistance now!" As he finished, he watched as his Charlie member was shredded by some type of power that a mutant held. It looked as if she was cut by thousands or blades, and was bleeding all over the place now. Anger gripped him as he watched the same fate befall his Alpha member as well as his Bravo member before he finally raised his rifle, placing on 7.62x51 round square through the mutants head.

Grumbling loudly and throwing curses at several mutants, he quickly retreated now, pulling back as fast as he could. His Suv out of the question as he ran towards the alleys that he knew he could hide in. His ear piece cracking to life, though what it said he wasn't for sure, for he was now stopped dead in his tracks, his eyes locked on a young looking girl standing in the alley offering to help someone... And not entirely sure who or what she was, he raised his gun and barked and order. "Girl! Step away from the man and both of you put your hands up now! I don't want to shoot, but I will if you give me reason to!"

Are we right? Are the Knights right? To punish them so?
They all try to live... We try to live... Who is right? Who is wrong?
Will anyone ever know the answer?

Beloved Prophet

6,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
James Hausen the Tantibus
Descuit Inciter and Fear monger

Do you hear those sounds? Hear the agony in the voices?
Is it all in your head? How sure can you be?

Tantibus took a quick survey of his surroundings. The mutant girl, someone clearly military maybe S.W.A.T. judging by his uniform, a dark alley that he knew a shortcut out of, and his severely drained ability. Yeah...This is going to hurt... He thought to himself. He was lucky there was enough residual fear in the area from the mutants and newly arrived police that what he would do next wouldn't cause severe damage.

Reaching out to the mind of the girl, he whispered through her mind Don't worry, I'm a friend, I'm going to distract him, and then you and I have to get moving. Follow me closely, and try not to make too much of a target. With his message sent, he raised his hands in the air, showing clearly he meant no harm to the man. " I'm just tryin to avoid th' fightin' sir, din't mean no harm" He slurred, a false air of drunkenness blending with his homeless persona as he slowly pulled himself up using the wall as leverage.

Once he was nearly up, he pushed with his mind, utilizing the fear of others, as what the man in the alley felt was not enough to do much other than ghost sounds. A blood vessel in his eye ruptured, and he shed tears of blood from his left eye as he forced his mind into the mans head. With a mental push, he blackened and deafened the mans world temporarily. He turned to the girl, one of the mutants he hoped to save this night. "Run!" He hissed, and began to sprint down the alley with the last vestiges of his strength. If they could make it to the door marked with his sign, the could get to safety. The only problem was hoping that his effort would do the trick, because twenty yards can be a nightmare in his condition.

You should be afraid you know. Because they are as real to you as the air you breath.
They're coming for you now, but remember, fear is the mind killer....
User Image

Mireille Lavigne
Descuits, Refugee

I knew I should have run! Mireille immediately turned around when a voice called out behind her, throwing her hands up, palms out, at chest level. Her mind was racing, yet she could barely think. She was definitely about to die. Going to get shot, right there - why hadn't she run away? What was a reason to shoot, anyway? People out there were being shot for less reason than just looking at a guy. Oh god, she was going to die... It was all she could do to keep her hands in front of her, hoping that maybe, just maybe, she would be able to react fast enough to pop out a portal and catch any bullets that came her way.

"No, I..." Was about all she could manage to say in her defense. Not a very convincing argument, but what was? 'I'm too young to die?' Yeah, for sure...
She was out of time to argue, however, as she heard another voice, no... A thought. A thought that was not her own, she quickly realized, very narrowly avoiding the urge to completely flip out. But that thought made more sense than her own at that moment, so she listened carefully.

She wanted to turn around when she heard movement behind her, make sure it wasn't some trick, but she was a deer in the headlights, wide eyes watching the man's face for any sign he would change his mind and open fire as the guy behind her spoke. Not quite what she was expecting. He sounded drunk. Don't worry, she told herself, just as he had said. Calm down... And then she heard her cue:
"Run!"

Still alive, she did as she was told, turning to follow the man. He was running now, but given the way she had found him, she had to wonder where they were going, and if he would even make it.

Ruthless Demigod

User ImageJennifer Nought
Descuits, Squad Leader

Jennifer came up out of the water near the dock, breathing heavily and exhausted from travelling through the earth with Lucas. She first pulled the boulder he was in out of the water and onto the dock, cracking it and releasing his body. She then climbed up and began coughing out dust and gravel. "You alright, Lucas?" She asked, coughing up more dirt and mud.

She lit a cigarette and surveyed their surroundings, seeing that there were no guards nearby, but there were dead mutants and dead guards. She then looked and saw that there were civilians laying dead on the street, killed by the soldiers. "They must've been used by Tantibus to put fear in the eyes of the civs. You don't always have to kill them to make a point though, Tantibus..."
Lieutenant General Daniel Masters
Knights Head of Mutant Counter Measures R&D

User Image

Gheist clung tight to the edge of the inbound helicopter. Reports were coming in of mutant escapees. You're slipping General. he thought as he peered out on the compound in chaos. Bodies lay everywhere, mostly mutants which coaxed a small smile from Dan's lips. They were subhuman, it was as simple as that. Mutants were some kind of step in evolution but a forward step? Gheist wasn't too sure about that. If they were our future then why were they so different? There was only one creature who could differ so much in such a short period of time. Bacteria. That was what these organisms truly were, a disease. They needed to be controlled, put down and eliminated before they caused a serious threat. It was this mentality and his military training that motivated him unlatched the Barret M82 from the back of his suit. The massive rifle lay heavy in his hands as he settled it on the edge of the copter and pointed it to the escaping boats full of mutant payload. He rose a hand to his right ear, speaking into the communicator built into the suit. "Steady us out Jimmy, I've only got 10 rounds in this thing." JImmy, Gheist's hand selected pilot, skillfully leveled the the copter to an even level, providing Gheist a portable sniper's nest. Chambering a round he inhaled deeply peering with eagle like vision at his first target, the head boat. With a slow exhale he pulled the trigger, letting fly the armor piercing delayed relase incindiary Raufoss Mk 211 round. Ripping throgh the air it hit the vessel killing the driver and exploding as it contacted the engine. A brilliant amber flash burned up as seafaring vessel was ripped apart scattering the bits and pieces of subhuman mutant throughout the water. The remaining five boats stopped, terrified at the sight before them. Wrong move. Gheist quickly chambered and fired four more rounds, taking out each of the remaining boats in efficient and rapid succession. "Alright Jimmy that takes care of the escapees. Take us down. I think the Knights could use some extra help."

At his commander's request Jimmy began a descent towards the chaotic prison below. "Down there, looks like Gustav's got his hands full." His eyes never left the alleyway where Charlie Team Leader Frederick Gustav was holding up a pair of what he could only assume were mutants. And with the descent nearing its end Gheist began to focus his mind, stimulating and readying his implants. Whether or not these people were mutants he was going to subdue them, maybe even capture one for research purposes. The exciting notion remained in his mind as he shouldered his rifle and gripped a rope, jumping from the hovering helicopter. Sliding down fast he let go about 10 feet from the ground, landing hard on the solid earth as Jimmy pulled the helicopter into the air to assess the perimeter. They would surely notice him but before he or they could say a word he concentrated his mind and let loose a pulse of energy down the alley. The air around the wave distorted, penetrating through the earth and the adjacent buildings as it cleared the other end of the alley and dissipated. Next drew his pistols to each hand and aimed them at the being questioned by Gustov. Unless they had somehow both fled the alley which had Gheist on one and and Gustav on the other, their powers would be shut down. Not only that but they would be severly disoriented, possibly losing control of their motor functions. "Put'em up freaks, I won't hesitate."

Gallant Knight

1,150 Points
Frederick William Gustav

User Image

All he heard was run, and he had a split second to react, though he chose not to, as both is hearing and his sight left him. He knew exactly what was happening, or so he though, but he knew for sure that it was a mutants power that had rendered him blind and deaf at the moment. So he decided he would do the only smart thing and yell after them. "Running isn't the best choice in the world for you! You will get caught regardless of if its by me or someone else! You might be mutants but your still people! And the police will still treat you as such!"

He honestly didn't care at this point, there was no point in fighting them, and he didn't wish to end any lives, he was S.W.A.T, his entire job was to make sure people didn't die, or if they had to that it was just the adversary. And as he stood there in the alley, he couldn't ensure that the two individuals were going to die. He didn't even know if the two were mutants. Sighing, he just shook his head, trying to clear his eyesight and hearing, it was weird to him, being locked inside his own head without being able to see or hear, but still move and think.

Sighing again, he lifted up his gun, the barrel pointed to the sky as he keyed his throat mic. "Get me medical on my location asap! Charlie team is down! And get me those worthless knights! We need their help now! Charlie lead is out of order, my sight and hearing has been impaired by a mutant power, so get us help here now!" He was so frustrated with his control, that even if he couldn't hear anything, he would still try to save his team if he even could right now.

rageforcezero's Husband

Fanatical Zealot

8,925 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

You protect a vile government,
one which puts children under scalpels...

Lucas Morgan, Plague.
Descuits, Knight Hunter

With a gasp, Lucas gripped at the concrete, happy to be released from both the knights, and his cage of stone. Wiping himself of muck, he shambled to his feet, and spat out some dirt. "Fine, except I've been shot, put into a stone cage, and dragged under a river. How are you doing?" Lucas said, a hint of snark in his voice. A sigh of disgust followed after he found his braid browned by mud. "Damn it woman, its gonna take me a month to wash this." A few more profane words slipped from Lucas as he finally looked around, finding some dead civilians. Shaking his head, it must have been Tantibus, seeing as he was their primary escape route. Shaking his head at mayhem, it seemed like Tantibus's doing alright, and that fine and dandy by Lucas. "Wasn't Tantibus supposed to meet us somewhere?" Plague asked, walking over to Jen.

"Also, you should stub that thing, not good for your lungs. I should know." Lucas joked, giving Jen a pat on the back. "Thank you though, if you need something, ever, just ask." With that, Plague began his lurch, trying to find a metro entrance, and escape through that

You created your own Frankenstein monster,
I'll enjoy hearing your screams of agony.

User Image

Beloved Prophet

6,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
James Hausen the Tantibus
Descuit Inciter and Fear monger

Do you hear those sounds? Hear the agony in the voices?
Is it all in your head? How sure can you be?

Thanks to all the residual fear in the area, and the large boost being given by the girl next to him from hers, he detected...something, moving towards him. To bad whatever it was wasn't moving fast enough. He pushed open a door marked with two black cuts open, and pulled the girl in, and slammed the door shut behind them. He turned around, and swiftly pulled the iron I bar across the front of the door, effectively barricading the door. " Come on." Tantibus said the girl, leading her to an adjoining room. The building itself seemed as any condemned building would, old, musty, and fairly empty. That's why he preferred them as safe escapes, no one ever suspected people using sewers and other such escape routes from them.

He led her to an unmarked area on the wall. "Here it is" He said, putting both hands should width apart on the wall and pushing. Imperceptible to any but him, a psychic essence unique to Tantibus and his powers alone was being used to mark a false panel. The panel thus pushed aside, leading to a ladder down to the sewers, he pulled the girl into the small area and slid the panel shut behind them. He pulled a glow stick from his coat, snapped it to light the small room, and handed it off to the girl. "Hold this, and don't drop it, we'll need it to see where we're going." With that, he slid down the ladder, and into the stench of the cities sewer system. Looking around quickly, and seeing the coast was clear from the dim light of the glow stick above, he whispered to her mind Coast is clear, come on down. Hopefully the squad leader and Plague would meet them further down the sewers, but with what just showed up above, he seriously doubted he wanted anyone else coming to him in the near future.

You should be afraid you know. Because they are as real to you as the air you breath.
They're coming for you now, but remember, fear is the mind killer....
Lieutenant General Daniel Masters
Knights Head of Mutant Counter Measures R&D

User Image

[******** slippery mutants. By the time Gheist had reached the ally his targets had already slipped into an adjacent building. Inside they had superior cover and still possessed their abilities. Going in after them would be suicide. Instead he ran to the edge if the ally to check on Gustav's condition. "Charlie lead what's your status!" No response. He was moving though that was a good sign. Whatever had happened here before Gheist had arrived had certainly taken it's toll on this man.

Reaching again to his com link Gheist called Jimmy. "Jimmy, Charlie Lead needs immediate evac. We've got two rogue mutants escaping into a nearby building. Requesting air support in case they attempt a rooftop getaway!""On it boss." jimmy chirped back as he circled around to Gheist's position. "Can't make the landing sir. We've got two unidentified possibly mutant targets on the peer." Well s**t, that was no good.

Looking up from his downed comrade Gheist saw the two in question. With the flashy outfit if the one they were definitely mutant. These scum were gonna pay. Unlatching his rifle he quickly positioned it to fire from a crouched position. Five rounds left, these two were as good as dead. Calmly exhaling Gheist took aim at the woman aiding her fallen comrade and pulled the trigger in the large rifle letting loose it's deadly ordinance. Just as before he chambered another this time taking aim at the bird doctor. "Mutant scum" he whispered as he fired his 7th of 10 rounds.

Gallant Knight

1,150 Points
Frederick William Gustav

User Image

With the mutant gone, his sight finally returned to him, as well as his hearing, just in time to hear the 7th shot from the Lt. General's gun fire. Whipping about, looking in the direction the General was firing, he leveled his gun but saw two dead Mutants before hearing finally what someone else was saying. Shaking himself he looked to the General.

"Finally! About time some Knights showed up!" He growled, before turning to walk back to the line, looking out only to see a mutant, maybe a small girl fleeing from the area. He watched, but didn't bother with her, she was maybe 8, possibly 9 and he refused to kill children.

Though it seemed that the line of mutants had finished their assault, looking around though he almost flipped when he saw the two that the Lt. General was shooting at. Quickly moving over to grab the barrel of the gun as he lifted up and glared at the general. "What the hell are you doing?! You only engage when fired upon! Even if they do appear to be hostile they never advanced on us! So what the hell are you doing General?!"

(Tweaked, sorry miss read and misunderstood. Fix it though)
User Image

Mireille Lavigne
Descuits, Refugee

Now safely barricaded inside an empty building, a sense of relief began to drown out the previous panic. Mireille was honestly still surprised at how completely not dead she was, and it would take a few minutes before she could completely calm down. For now, she followed close behind her fellow mutant, simply doing as she was told while he approached a perfectly normal wall, pushing back an ordinary looking panel to reveal a secret passage. Well that was interesting. She wouldn't ask. She got her first good look at his face - Rather, the bloodied bandages covering his face - when he handed her a glow stick, and as he disappeared down the ladder she briefly wondered if this was really a good idea... The stranger had yet to do anything but help her, however, and when he gave the all clear, she carefully climbed down the ladder to the sewers below.

The smell down here was really something. She breathed it in carefully at first, trying to adjust so she wouldn't choke. Looking around, it was all pretty much what she expected from a sewer tunnel. She was glad the glow stick didn't illuminate too much detail in their surroundings, just enough to light the way as they moved along the tunnel.

"So, can you read thoughts, or just push them?" She asked, after taking in the surroundings. It quickly occurred to her that that was probably pretty rude to ask straight out, especially since she hadn't even thanked him yet, just saying whatever came to mind. "Uh, if you don't mind my asking... And thanks, by the way. For helping me." She added, a little awkwardly now that it seemed like an afterthought. Stupid...

Ruthless Demigod

Descuits, Squad Leader

Jennifer laughed at Lucas, taking a long drag from her cigarette and rubbing the back of her head. "I feel pretty good actually. Just a little winded. I'm glad I got to use my powers so much, otherwise I would've had to use them in the Descuits' training tomorrow." Jen then looked at Lucas's ponytail, now laughing and almost chocking on her cigarette. "Your ponytail was already damn hideous, now it has some color." She grabbed it and pulled all of the mud out of his hair, then made a small ball and threw it in the water. "See, it wasn't even that much. And I know how bad it is for my lungs, but its a guilty pleasure."

Jen saw a helicopter fly overhead, wondering who called for air support in the Knights' camp. She then heard the unmistakable sound of a powerful rifle being fired, and she called up and rock dome, trying to stop the bullet from hitting either her or Lucas. The wall held up, but the bullet went through it completely, hitting Jen in her arm. "Son of a b***h." Jen said, blood spurting out of her wound, covering the ground and her clothes, along with the rock dome. She grabbed a piece of concrete and used it to clamp the wound shut, stopping the blood flow and holding the wound shut. "We need to move, now!"

rageforcezero's Husband

Fanatical Zealot

8,925 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

You protect a vile government,
one which puts children under scalpels...

Lucas Morgan, Plague.
Descuits, Knight Hunter

Lucas absently flicked a hand at Jen's response about on his ponytail. "Girl, I have a damn fine ponytail, thank you very much." Retorted Plague, giving off a fake huff, while still looking for a way to get out of the open. "If it brings guilt, quit using the bloody thing." Lucas continued looking around, content that his braid was now stark white again, and Lucas moved it so the hair was inside his jacket and out of sight. Plague was calming down, and his blood flow evened out, back down to an acceptable pace, his wounds not as furious in their bleeding. The barking of a large weapon was quick to change his mind.

As Jen's wall was broken by a round, Lucas skittered lightly, off put by the round's ability. A fresh bit of Jen's blood splattered across Plague's jacket, and he knew right then, it was time to get the hell out of there. With a few steps, Plague moved to push Jen in a direction which was the best to run...towards a warehouse. "Go go go!" Plague hissed, moving as fast as possible towards the warehouse.

You created your own Frankenstein monster,
I'll enjoy hearing your screams of agony.

User Image

Ruthless Demigod

Descuits, Squad Leader

Jen's arm fell numb and her wall collapsed as she began to fade in and out of consciousness. The blood stained her clothes and the concrete clamp fell apart. Blood trailed on the ground as Lucas pushed Jen towards the warehouse. When she opened her eyes, she saw that the door was shut, and she waved her good arm, the ground underneath pulling the door off its hinges and into the ground. When the two were securely inside, the door went back up into its original position and was sealed and barred shut with concrete, steel, and water metal was in the vicinity.

Jen fell to the ground and laid there, her blood pooling underneath her. She began to fade in an out of consciousness once again. "Lucas, get me out of here. We need to get...below ground...sewers." She said, her voice trailing as she tried to speak. "Tantibus...James. He has to be...nearby...or I'll ******** kill him when I see him." Jen said, laughing and passing out completely.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff