Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who's going to win?

The Red Dragons 0.83333333333333 83.3% [ 15 ]
The Emperor's Loyalists 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 18 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 >

Blessed Loiterer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Currently: Plotting with Kyoko.
Energy: 72%
Health: 82%
Thoughts: So many people....
Equipment: Straw hat, red Kimono, his right arm Katana and baggy pants.

Kivlo stared out the window, his head deep in thought, he smelled something. He set it aside and wandered around in his room, he grabbed one of his paintings, a painting that looked nothing of anyone anyone else. At the least, no one any of the dragons knew. Kivlo rested his hands behind him, he looked out the window again. Kivlo's he turned his head, and smiled to the new comers in his room. "Come right in. Would you like some tea?" Kivlo gestured to the tea set on the table.

Cassandra Sandsmark

Dangerous Sex Symbol

15,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

User ImageUser Image

The pair walked in and Kyoko shook her head at the offer of tea. She then looked over at her son: " Ling.. you said you had something you wanted to tell Kivlo?" Ling looked at his mother who nodded and then at Kivlo. " Yeah, umm I was out testing my glider when I landed not quite by Kicro but a good ways from Munvria I talked to a weird man. His clothes were nicer then most, even if they had some dirt on them, and he called himself Okiryu. He was with a friend, don't know the other guys name... his clothes were a bit nicer then most as well and I heard the innkeepers saying he paid in gold. It seemed weird, I thought they might be foreigners but they didn't look or speak like they were."

The boy paused... who had gold these days? or even silver for that matter? Most people paid in copper because everyone knew that the emperor held most of the country's wealth. Kyoko paused a bit at the name ' Okiryu' , she looked over at Kivlo... concerned. She then looked at Ling: " Did they say where they were going?" The boy shook his head and Kyoko looked over at Kivlo... " What now? "

Sir John Dimes

Aged Gaian

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image
𝕯𝔞𝔦𝔰𝔲𝔨𝔢 𝖄𝔞𝔪𝔞𝔤𝔞𝔠𝔥𝔦

╔══════════════╗

𝕯aisuke had spent the majority of the day within the town's forge melting down, then hardening and tempering his jian and dao. It had been some time since he'd had a chance to fix up his blades as they sustained a significant amount of damage from his last mission. He stood over the anvil bringing down the hammer to straighten the blade. A drop of sweat fell from his forehead, sizzling loudly when it came in contact with the red hot blade. He dropped the blade of his jian into a barrel of oil that was specifically made to assist in the quenching of the metal. As he let his the jian's blade sit for a moment he pulled the dao's blade from the forge. By repeating the same process with the jian blade, he straightened the blade then set it in the oil. After the blades had cooled to a manageable temperature he set about sharpening the blades using a grindstone. With a final wipe down of the blades he was more than satisfied with his handiwork and paid the blacksmith for allowing him to use the forge, even though the man didn't ask for any sort of payment. He wandered the town for a second when he remembered Hitomi said something about going to find a suitable place for a meal. He headed off in the direction of the tavern that she picked out.

It didn't take him too long to reach the tavern where Hitomi was. The smell of meats and alcohol filled his nostrils as he made his way to the table where the red head sat. What didn't surprise him was the amount of men around her asking if she'd like to have a "good time" with them. Daisuke made his way to the table with a loud groan as well as an upset expression on his face as he spoke loudly. "Excuse me gentlemen, but the lovely lady here is already here with me." The men glared at Daisuke before moving away from the table, grumbling various curses directed at him. With a chuckle he sat across from Hitomi and looked at her with a smile as he spoke. "Well then seems like you get attention everywhere you go hm? Also I apologize for my rather dirty appearance, was doing a little metalwork with my weapons. You ought to let me take a look at your katana as well. It never hurts to have a quick look taken." He wiped his hands and face off on a nearby cloth before folding it neatly and placing it at the corner of their table.

╚══════════════╝

with: No one -> Hitomi

feeling: Dedicated -> Amused

ooc: Once more sorry for the extremely late reply.

"callypso213"]

Conservative Genius

User Image Uruha - Fighter for the Red Dragon

Well, that didn't work as planned. He shook his head and slumped down to the ground, watching the two run off into the forest. Then the hulking figure from the distance ran in after them, starting to jump in the trees. "What the hell?" How could someone that size do such a thing? Were his muscles filled with cotton? Uruha sighed and shook his head again. "Two beefy barbarians against one samurai, and with their speed..." Two against one in and of itself was definitely fighting dirty, for all the honor that Sadamitsu boasted, this kind of fighting wasn't honorable in Uruha's mind. He wanted to help Mitskuni, not to kill Sadamitsu or his friend, but to survive for tonight. Unfortunately there was no way he was in any condition to fight.

An idea came to mind, he picked up himself back up and headed a little ways into the forest, scouring the ground with his eyes to find the specific things he was looking for. After a while he found what he needed and carried them around, scanning the trees. At last he found the one that had been hacked at and sighed, dropping down again and taking a few breaths before taking his dagger and using it to loosen up the dirt around the tree. He planted four seedlings and waited for a while to catch his breath. Again he used his dagger, this time to carve the words "new life" into the trunk of the tree. It was already cut up pretty good, no harm in adding these words or so he hoped. Thankfully, trees were a renewable source, their seeds were plenty and when one was cut down, many could be replanted. He wished that all things could be soo easy.

Uruha opened the small bag attached to his belt and pulled from it several small paper-like cylinders and began throwing them at the ground. They made a loud popping sound as they hit, but didn't make any actual impact on anything. Uruha hoped that the brutes would hear this and come running back, giving Mitskuni the opportunity to get away, and when they saw that new life had been given back to this forest, property of the spirit of the Earth as far as Uruha was concerned, they might be appeased for the time being. He took another deep breath and started back to town, arriving in Munivra in time to slump into a seat at the Inn and order enough food to use up what little money he had.

Where am I: Big Dog Inn
On my mind: Soo hungry.
Character Tracker: Stalking Uruha?
User Image

suganuma

RavenousDreams

Jarnus Shinzuku

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
User Image

Okiru Uzakii

Finally he was able to locate somebody brewing tea. Just outside of the market area was a small stand with a single lady selling brewed tea. Okiru thought it was quite ironic but ordered a cup anyways. Finding a bench nearby he sat down and looked about the town. Munivra reminded him of the outside Kicro, but with a lighter atmosphere. Most of the people here appeared to be swordsmen with the occasional farmer or trader. The Emperor's taxes must have hit this town hard, or it would be in a much more prosperous state.

Aside from the market, there appeared to be a forge, a tavern, a small inn, and in the distance what looked to be a large house. Maybe someone important lives there. he thought to himself before continuing his thinking of Lei-sho's 'plan'.

╔════════════════════════════════╗
Where at: Munivra market
With: none
Mood: calm
Thoughts: What does he have planned...
╚════════════════════════════════╝
((OOC: NOt 100% sure if that is a good way to describe Munivra, but that the best I can think of...))
User Image
Suganuma Sadamitsu, the Akaname of Aichi

Leaves ripped into the air as the blade passed so close to the ground in its wide arc. Seeming to strike with absolute force and perfection, Sadamitsu snickered as it penetrated the back of Mitskuni's left knee. But something wasn't right, perhaps Sadamitsu had under estimated the density of Mitskuni's muscle and tendons, perhaps the buckling nature of a weight bearing leg folding around the blade caused it, but the blade got stuck in his bone. Mitskuni fell to the ground, his blade digging into the earth like a crutch to hold himself to a kneel, the naginata protruding out still held in Sadamitsu's hands.

"You'll bleed out from this wound none the less." Sadamitsu growled under his mask as the man peered up at him. Mitskuni spit to the ground as he winced in pain, grunting as he tried to compose himself. "At least i'll die with my honor!" he shouted. "Honor!?" the explosions in the distance cut Sadamitsu off. "It seems your debt has been paid, you may retain your honor yet." Sadamitsu dropped his naginata to the ground, lifting his tachi from it's saya. "i offer you a warriors death, take your own life and i will be your second, or bleed out here for the wolves." Sadamitsu kicked his naginata's haft, letting the blood begin to flow from the mans leg. Mitskuni let out a slight breath as he realized the inevitable. Drawing his wakizashi and dropping to his other knee, Mitskuni untied his kimono to expose his stomach. "be swift with your stroke." Mitskuni mumbled under his breath as Sadamitsu circled him to place himself behind and to the side. The blade was plunged quickly into Mitskuni's gut, his hands gripping it tightly as he pursed his lips and ripped it to the side. Sadamitsu raised his blade and prepared himself as the man hunched over, watching his wrists and listening intently for the first sign of noise. When Mitskuni twist the blade, the blood came rushing out, his head stretching forth as he begged for Sadamitsu's release from this world. It came fast, the sharp whistle of the folded steel slicing through the air. Only disturbed by the sudden thud of Mitskuni's head, and then the death rattle of the mans wind pipe exhausting his last breath, the silence was perfect.

"More of a man than i thought him to be..."
Sadamitsu grunted to himself as he pushed the head aside with his foot. He wiped his tachi on Mitskuni's sleeve, and returned his blade to his side before reaching down, stepping on the mans half severed calve and ripping his naginata from him. He wiped this too on the corpse, cleaning it enough to fancy his desires before tossing it aside and removing the mans kimono all together. The head was wiped clean and placed in the garment, tied at the top so to be carried back to Kivlo in remembrance of the man. But Sadamitsu was a vile man, struggling with many inner demons, but this one, oh this evil addiction, he had hardly curbed. He used the mans own stone knife to sever his limbs. Desecrating the body into piece he could cook on an open fire. and cook them he did, the thighs and hip flexors, like the filet mignon of the human. The leg was removed from the fire still medium rare, and carved to expose the bone where ones leg would have met the knee to use as a handle. he left the rest cooking slowly under rocks close to the fire, and picked up the head, turning towards Munivra in an attempt to find two people in specific, First Kivlo, to give him his fallen employee's remains, and then that under fed man from before. He thought to himself as the man came to mind, did he truly go plant those tree's? or did someone else make that noise?

User ImageUser Image

Silver Angst

RavenousDreams

Jarnus Shinzuku
User Image
Jarnus, the Ōmagatoki of Aichi
Jarnus stood like a wall, watching, waiting for the man to run. But his landsman had cleaved the mans leg true. He begin to chuckle as the man crumbled under the blow. "And all this, over tree's..." He mumbled to himself, half laughing. He stood watch as witness for the ceremonial death, watching his friend, The Akaname, take up the head roughly and clean his own blades on the mans garments. true it may have been, that those garments would be dirtied by the own mans head, but if others where to know he was so disrespectful, the death would not be taken seriously. Jarnus scoffed as he bare witness, spitting to the ground. "Not even in death." he said, turning as he saw Sadamitsu slice into the mans shoulder with his own knife. Jarnus looked to the ground and sighed, knowing what his landsman was doing. He thought to himself, ~"at least this mans body will go to good use, better Akaname than a damned tree."~ He shook his head and shouted, "I'm going back to town, i need to figure something out. Get answers. Be sure to make your way there before that head rots." The Giant walked, that giant wall of a man. Like the falling sun in your horrid nightmares, the dusk, the wall of a thousand demons, the Ōmagatoki. He glared into the horizon as he moved along the road, finally coming out of his gaze to the bustling of that merchant town. He listened to the songs of the blacksmiths, those weapons gleaming in his peripherals. He looked to the tavern, wondering if he'd like to have a drink. "So many swords, no axes." He scoffed, heading straight into the Big dog in. He stopped as he approached the door, turning to look up into the sky. ~"An axe is a real mans blade. I'll never understand why such flimsy blades will be the embodiment of everyone's honor."~ The giant paused, smelling something in the air he hadn't for a long time. Nostrils flaring, he muttered, "Fruit?"

Dedicated Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
User Image

Hitomi Sato (Nariko Yoshida)
One of Death's Reapers

tab Nariko had woken not long after Daisuke left the room. They both shared a room and a bed though their relationship isn't what it used to be. She spent most of the morning washing her furisode before hanging it out to dry. Afterwards she returned to the room and retrieved her katana. Sitting on her legs and placing the sword on the floor in front of her, she clasped her hands together, closed her eyes and began whispering a short prayer. Once Nariko finished, she removed the sword from its scabbard and proceeded to clean the blade. She has been doing this little ritual about once a week ever since her father passed away and left his sword in her possession. After retrieving her furisode and putting it on, she went searching for Daisuke.

tab Guessing that he might at a blacksmith's shop, Nariko headed towards the nearest and sure enough she found him there. Not wanting to get in his way, she simply a note with the smith to give to him that said she was going to find a place to eat before leaving. A few stands peeked her interest but she went through the morning without eating so she decided on something bigger. She found a tavern and sat at a table located in one of the corners of the room. Nariko simply ordered tea as she wanted to wait for Daisuke to arrive. A few moments passed before finding herself surrounded by men; a usual occurrence whenever she travels alone. She scared the first few that approached but for the most part she simply ignored them until Daisuke showed up, causing them to quickly disperse.

"No," she responded quickly and in a harsh tone before realizing that she never told him about the weapon. "Sorry. I meant no thank you. I already had it checked." Nariko took another sip of her tea before calling over a server and asking Daisuke what he wanted to eat.

OOC: Sorry for the late reply XD As I stated in the other thread, I got distracted lol. For everyone else who don't know, a furisode is a kimomo with long sleeves that stretch towards the ground.

HyakuShikiRai

Fluffy Girl

User ImageUser Image
                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                              ( ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ:: kicro // emperor's palace || ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ:: servants & kenji || vᴏɪᴄє:: sample )
                                              ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                The female's cheeks would puff out as she didn't look at Kenji. Feeling a bit sour at him, when he told her to calm down, while also calling her 'Darling' in French. She knew enough of that language to talk back to him in the same tongue. But she didn't feel the need to go that far. Instead, Yue would just huff as she turned her head up as they walked together as they made their way out of his manor and headed to their next destination. "You not sweet talk me. While you may talk the language said to be of love, you are no darling of mine. Simply touchy-feely business partner." She looked out of the corner of her red eye at him, as she spoke with a slight sly like smile on her face, almost looking like a fox as her eyes lowered just slightly from that as well. "There are ways, I do to fix troublesome men like you. Back in my homeland." Yue chuckled as she placed a hand close to her mouth. Clutching at her long sleeve, as she used it to cover half of her face, like a noblewoman would do. She had closed one eye, and stared out of the other, which was hooded at Kenji at his remark of men like those.

"Politician....give me cheap fruit seller any day. Rather trade words with men like those. They at least we know what they want. More money to line their purses. Politician's....never know if they want blood....or more money too." She said with a shrug. Yue was blunt about certain things.

When they finally came to the palace, it turned out that they were to be taken to wait in one of the meeting rooms. The two of them were led into the palace, and then placed inside of a simple waiting area. Yue would look around with a soft hum at the Japanese style room. Making her way towards one of the pillows in front of the low table. Pushing her robes back, as she went to kneel down on the pillow. Yet as she felt her knees touch it, she was shifting and was soon sitting cross-legged. It wasn't exactly a proper way for a lady to sit in the lands she was in. But as a Merchant, it made it a bit better to sit on her bum then on her knees, making them sore while waiting. Both of her red eyes were closed, ever since they entered. Though in truth, they were actually barely slitted. Making it look like her eyes were closed as they walked together. All in all, Yue looked like the complete part as a Chinese person, even though she had dark brown hair that was a bit common place. At the same time, with her eyes closed like that, it made her look as if she wasn't much trouble. Only when her eyes were open though, it was another thing. Yue was able to notice things a lot quicker. And as they walked in, she noticed one thing.

"He no here." Yue murmured softly into her palm. Her lips barely moving, as she relayed the whisper to Kenji. From what she noticed as they were led inside of the waiting room.

Conservative Genius

User Image Uruha - Fighter for the Red Dragon

After filling his stomach, Uruha looked around, spotting Hitomi and her less than subtle admirers. He didn't bother telling any of them off, she seemed more than capable of handling herself. He chuckled some and filled up on more sake, he couldn't be getting sober now, not after that mess of a training session he'd just had. He took a deep breath and figured he'd drink enough to put him to sleep and when he woke up he'd see about finding Mitskuni, hopefully his distraction from earlier was enough to help him get away.

Not wanting to think anymore about it, he continued to drink, and when he couldn't take another swig, he got up and swaggered out of the tavern to find his usual spot to pass out.

Where am I: Under some tree somewhere
On my mind: zzz...
Character Tracker: Stalking Uruha?
User Image

Aged Gaian

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image
𝕯𝔞𝔦𝔰𝔲𝔨𝔢 𝖄𝔞𝔪𝔞𝔤𝔞𝔠𝔥𝔦

╔══════════════╗

𝕯aisuke was slightly taken aback by Hitomi's response to his offer, but nodded as he looked at her. "Anyone can clean a blade, but every once in a while it doesn't hurt to have the metal redone. I'd hate for your blade to break in the middle of a fight because the tension on it was too much. Your choice." He looked over at the server and gave a quick order of whatever meat they had, preferably cooked well. With a quick glance he noticed a man looking over in his and Hitomi's direction before making his way out of the tavern, rather unsteady in his footing. Daisuke remembered he never did tell Hitomi what he and Kivlo spoke of the day before, but didn't wish to bring it up unless she was to say something.

╚══════════════╝

with: Hitomi

feeling: Hungry

ooc: Sorry for the late and short reply. Had to get something up.

callypso213

Dedicated Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
User Image

One of Death's Reapers

tab Nariko kept silent throughout Daisuke's response and a bit after he ordered. She didn't mean to speak in that tone to him but the katana is very precious to her.

"It's not that I don't trust your abilities, its just that there is only one man I trust with the handling of my sword."

tab She waited for the server to return with Daisuke's food before ordering hers; a couple of rice cakes filled small pieces of fruit. The two ate mostly in silence since the tavern still had people inside eating and drinking. Though once most of them left, mostly the ones within earshot, Nariko brought up the conversation Daisuke had with Kivlo the previous day.

"So what did you and Kivlo talked about yesterday? She asked in a whisper.

OOC: It's fine, my post isn't that great either lol

HyakuShikiRai

Aged Gaian

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image
𝕯𝔞𝔦𝔰𝔲𝔨𝔢 𝖄𝔞𝔪𝔞𝔤𝔞𝔠𝔥𝔦

╔══════════════╗

𝕯aisuke looked at Hitomi with a reassuring grin as she spoke about her katana. "Fair enough. I'm the same way. Nobody touches my weapons but me. Mind me asking how you came across it though?" He knew that she kept many secrets about herself, but her blade was one of the biggest. The craftsmanship was unlike anything he had seen before, it surely wasn't crafted by his father nor any smith he knew. Interest coursed through him as he wished to meet the man behind the creation of such a beautiful weapon.

A grin spread across his face as he ate his food in silence, glancing around the tavern making sure that none of the Emperor's troops were milling about. When Hitomi's food came he stole one of her rice cakes with a grin as he looked at her. Something about messing with her food was always entertaining to him and he enjoyed watching her reactions.

It didn't take long for the question he knew was coming to make its way from her. With a brief sigh he stopped chewing as he looked her dead in her eyes with a grim expression. "I offered my skills to him in order to take down the Emperor. That childish, pathetic, greedy p***k took my parents from me along with the person who took me in. Whether you join me or not is up to you, I'd rather prefer to not have to take your life if you choose to side with the Emperor." Daisuke's voice was cold and harsh as he looked at Hitomi. He truthfully didn't want to have to kill her, but wouldn't let anything stand in his way. With another bite of the food that sat before him he awaited a response from Hitomi.

╚══════════════╝

with: Hitomi

feeling: Determined

ooc:

callypso213

Dangerous Sex Symbol

15,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

User ImageUser Image

Kenji smiled at her calmly.... " Oh? I wish I could be touchy-feely with you but last time I tried that I think you broke one of my ribs if I remember correctly." It was true, the man had tried to hook up with the small Chinese woman many times only to get rejected every time. He then blinked when Yui mentioned 'fixing him... " It's no wonder why you're still single if you threaten every man like that. " He nodded as she spoke about politicians, she had good points...

" Yes, But I want to open up new trade routes and build boats and a better dock but I can't do so without his permission. ... there's also the tariffs I wish he would lower.' Tariffs were a tax on imported goods and when they were too high it could make it quite hard for traders to do business legally. Sure there was always the black market, and Kenji did deals there in the past, but he didn't always like his customers and so he preferred to do things the legal way. The red haired man sighed as Yui stated the emperor was not in. What a waste of a trip.

He then gained a mischievous smile on his face as he looked over at Yui...
                                                      " You know... these guards are idiots. I bet if we wanted we could have a little bit of fun. What do you say we find out what it's like to live like royalty for a day?" Okay, so it was a very childish thing to say or desire but he couldn't help it. Kenji was certain he could make up some elaborate lie that the guards would buy about him being the emperor's long-lost cousin from a far away land... or something along those lines.

((OOC: I can't help it.... Kenji wants to play with the emperor's stuff. crying ))

User Image

Geekie-chan

Sir John Dimes

Dedicated Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
User Image

One of Death's Reapers

"It was given to me by someone dear to me before they died," she replied not wanting to say more.

tab There was only one person who knows the full story and she plans to keep it that way. Nariko gave Daisuke an annoyed look when he took one of the rice cakes from her plate and moved the dish slightly out of his reach. After hearing what he and Kivlo talked about, she let out a sigh and rubbed the inside of her eyes.

"Not again... I can understand your reason for wanting revenge but you almost got yourself killed at one point," she told him after remembering about his rampage years ago. Nariko paused for a moment and then placed her right hand on top of Daisuke's left. "You know that I will always be on your side but not if you decide to do this again." She wanted to say more but instead got up and turned to leave for their room.

HyakuShikiRai

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces