Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who's going to win?

The Red Dragons 0.83333333333333 83.3% [ 15 ]
The Emperor's Loyalists 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 18 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 >

Dapper Genius

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Mitskuni Saido, The Red Blade

Equipment: Steel Katana, Steel Wakizashi, Stone Shinken
Mood: Plotful

"Shinken. You will take my Shinken. No one lays their hands on my Katana." He cleared his throat, and reached into his Kimono top, and removed a hidden sheathed stone Shinken. "I may have accepted penalty willingly, but I do not trust anyone but myself with my blade. No one." He said, and took the Katana, by the sheath, and held it by his side. "Any respectable warrior, such as yourself, would know, it is law in Bushido to never surrender his blade." He sighed, looked to Uruha. "You may feast with the stranger alone. I won't waste time when I owe such things to an elder." He cleared his throat.

Mitskuni was only so prepared to bow to this stranger, unbeknownst, he was ready on a hairline trigger to dash and cut the brute of a man down. He held very little respect for the giant. Even less respect for claiming the forest for his clan. The forest is a land of freedom, and spirituality. Not dojo's and murderers. Mitskuni had come far from who his father would want him to be. In fact, depending on how the day proceeds, Mitskuni plans on possibly attacking this brute in the name of honor.

suganuma

Silver Angst

Dangerous Sex Symbol

15,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

User ImageUser Image

Ling paused listening to Jarnus's explanation that not all fathers were good, he nodded briefly, he couldn't say he knew any different... after all he had no idea who his father was, not even a name. Just a faceless figure who Ling often wondered about. He wondered briefly what the man with Okiru wanted to ask him but shook it off as nothing. They were approaching Munvria as Ling saw his mother ran up to him upset. " Ling! Where were you?! You had me worried sick." Ling smiled a bit " Aww mom. I'm fine. Guess what? My glider flew further then ever. I think I almost made it to Kicro this time. "

Kyoko gave the boy a stern look, and then noticed the mark on his ankle was uncovered. "Ling! Cover your ankle and get inside. Then you'll do dishes since you can't seem to stay put." " But.. but... But mom." " Get moving" Ling sighed, he wanted to tell Kivlo about the two men he met, Okiru and his strange friend. But it didn't look like he would have a chance to. Ling went inside, wrapped some clothe around his ankle and then went to the tavern's kitchen to start cleaning as punishment for running off without permission.

Kyoko sighed, she never liked scolding Ling but the boy could at times be too curious for his own good. She then glanced at the man who was with him, gigantic as he was.
                                                      " Thank you for returning my son home safely. Is there something which you need good sir?"

Jarnus Shinzuku

Phoenix347

Sir John Dimes

Jarnus smiled and patted Ling on the head as he did as his mother asked and Jarnus chuckled to himself a bit. The giant turned his attention to the women she was very beautiful to Jarnus but beyond that her body type and poise told him she was no ordinary woman. Jarnus actually bowed to her this was a custom for him to always show the one who bring life to the world the most respect. "I am Jarnus The Omagatoki of Aichi. I just only wished to see the young one home safely he seems important to Kivlo so it seemed only tight to return him safely" Jarnus stopped and thought for a moment wondering how much he could share with this woman. "I suggest you listen to what Long has to say..when I found him he was with two other men one seemed to be taking notes on your child the other was quiet..and showed little interest in either me or Ling" Jarnus scratched his head and sighed "I wish I knew more but I arrived at the end of their encounter it would seem" Jarnus shrugged and looked back to the woods in which his landsmen had claimed in their name and began to wonder where akaname had run off to it had been some time since he saw him. Though this worried him not he had seen what suganuma can do and knew he could handle himself in most situations. He turned his gaze back to the woman and smiled "Thank you but I must return to my lands and check on my landsmen tell kivlo the giant returned ling for me"Jarnus bowed again to the woman and with a great stride was gone dashing back through the town and heading for the treeline.

Blessed Loiterer

Emperor Lei-sho
Location: The Black Road. Mood: Pleased, planning. Company: Okiru

Lei-sho stood up and dusted himself off; placing a hand on Okiru's shoulder. "A ghost has come to haunt me, my friend." Lei-sho's brain was going off and on about what would come in the next hour. He wanted his guard to shoot the flare, that would signal the archers and siege party.

Lei-sho nodded to Okiru, he looked over to the boy walking off; his head was sweating like crazy. The Emperor nodded at Okiru, "This will be great." Lei-sho smiled, and nodded his head. He began to move to the closest tea shop, or somewhere he could sit properly.

Lei-sho entered the shop and sat down. "Give me a cup of your most expensive and finest tea." The man placed a large handful of gold, perhaps enough to but a new home and a personal farm. Lei-sho smiled, looking up at the man as he began to count the change. "Keep it. You will need it in due time..." Lei-sho sipped the tea, waiting for either Okiru to join him, or complete silence of his own thoughts.

Phoenix347

Conservative Genius

User Image Uruha - Fighter for the Red Dragon

So the redhead, or rather Mitskuni he stated his name was, agreed to leave, a relief to be certain. Of course the man couldn't help but make another threat of death, had to keep his pride intact after all. The offer of food and rest was something that Uruha was only too happy to accept at this point. He shook his head in awe seeing Mitskuni smiling at the idea of a duel, damn troublemaker, that one. Uruha's eyes widened as further insults sprang from his lips. You just had to go that extra mile, huh? He quickly shook his head and drew his finger across his throat indicating that this was not a good idea, but the damage was done.

He knew in just this brief moment of time with the pillar, Sadamitsu, that he would be more than riled up, and as he expected the death threats were shot right back at Mitskuni. These men were each consumed by honor. Uruha knew that he, himself was an honor-less swordsman, no use in trying to act better than he was. Everything good about him was buried in the ground, he had nothing left but hate, so why bother? Growing up, he was not taught about honorifics or clans, there just wasn't time. All this drama just went right over his head, which was fine with him as long as it didn't get him killed. Yet he remained silent and listened to Sadamitsu sling another death threat, Uruha ignored this, he just wondered if he had to plant a tree as well. Though he wouldn't question Sadamitsu about it, no use in it. Though apparently he didn't even need to ask, this kind, near stranger was going to do it for him, that was thoughtful. Uruha imagined once more that things would end up all right as long as Mitskuni didn't attempt to flaunt his pride, or visa versa. This new smile of his though, it wasn't so smug as before. He tried to remember details like these so he could tell if people were sincere when they spoke.

Uruha opted to object to being called "weak" but kept his mouth shut for the sake of moving things along, alive. He would be sure to show Mitskuni who was energetic and strong after this was over and he'd gotten food and rest.

He cocked his head to the side at the pillars' absurd request, relinquish his katana? Even if it was temporary, it was quite a lot to ask. When he looked to Uruha, he just kept his mouth shut, no need to aggravate the guy any further since he was finally winding down to a decent mood. Uruha didn't have a second katana to spare Mitskuni in the meantime, not that he would have accepted it anyway. A man's own blade is truly an extension of himself, there was no substitute.

Sure enough, the redhead felt the same, he could not allow his katana to be taken from him. Uruha did his best not to smile at the awkward situation, he bit down on his tongue to make sure of it.
"Aww, come on, let us all get some drinks at the Big Dog Tavern. The pilla- I mean Sadamitsu here is right, there are some of the best noodles around, you must come try it for yourself. You can 'make new life' later" Perhaps if they drank enough, this would be a moment to look back on and laugh about. He lowered his hands and started back to town, hoping they would join him. "My name is Uruha, no family name because I have no family. And I may not be the best swordsman but I can drink you both under the table, how about that for a duel?" He hoped that no one saw him crack a smile since his back was turned to them. "Hell, my strength will have returned, perhaps I will come back here as well to help, if you haven't passed out that is." He continued on, spotting what appeared to be a hulking figure in the distance.

Where am I: Heading back to Munvria
On my mind: Now what?
Character Tracker: Stalking Uruha?
User Image

[[OOC: "Finger touching the throat means death! Metaphor..." GOTG Drax]]

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
User Image

Okiru Uzakii

Upon further inspection of the pistol, he could tell it wasn't an ordinary one. While it was harmless by itself, it could do much more harm with the Emperor's influence. While he did want to cause trouble in this area, he was curious what the Emperor intended to do with his forces. He wasn't blind, but he wasn't expecting him to bring enough troops to destroy a town as he could decipher from his body language. There wasn't anything around here but the inn, and as he believed Munivra was up the road.

Sighing to himself now that Lei-sho was gone, he stuffed the pistol into his coat and leaned back against the wall thinking to himself about what may happen. With too many values to consider, he shook his head before he could depress himself even more. He pushed off from the wall and after leaving the alleyway made for his horse. If Lei-sho could bring his men to attack somebody, they could defend him as well. Okiru on the other hand, started his horse off in the direction of Munivra.

╔════════════════════════════════╗
Where at: Inn, the Black Road
With: Lei-sho
Mood: calm
Thoughts: What does he have planned...
╚════════════════════════════════╝

Dangerous Sex Symbol

15,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

User ImageUser Image

The man named Jarnus was large but spoke eloquently and had the demeanor of a warrior about him, he reminded Kyoko of one of her older brothers which made her her both delighted by the man's presence and sadden because she greatly missed her brothers. " Jarnus is it? Thank you for informing me of this. I am most grateful to you for bringing Ling home safely and I'm in your debt as well." As she spoke Kyko slightly bowed, more so out of respect and gratetude to the warrior for his aid with her young son. When he had to leave suddenly she nodded and spoke in a calm but straight forward tone. ' I shall let Kivlo know that you came by and of your good deed,"

After Jarnus left Kyoko went inside and sought out Ling. she looked at her young son, concerned for his well being. " Ling? Did you meet anyone interesting while you were out? " Ling nodded a bit... " Yeah these two guys who were traveling... I wanted to tell Uncle Kivlo about them. " Kyoko paused a minute before smiling a bit and offering Ling her hand... " Shall we go tell Uncle Kivlo together." Ling nodded and quickly took his mother's hand "Okay '

The pair went down the hall to the room where Kivlo was and Ling knocked on the door. " Uncle Kivlo. Can I talk to you? "

Sir John Dimes

Jarnus Shinzuku

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
User Image

Okiru Uzakii

As his horse clopped along the road, Okiru leaned back and rested on the rear of the horse as he looked up into the sky. "Father always said birds could fly because they were allowed. People could not fly, as much as we desire it it will never happen. So why was that boy able to?" he thought out loud. He mumbled smaller pieces of information. Some on flight, some on the weird meeting of Lei-sho and Ling, smaller bits and pieces about the state of affairs in the country. He was getting sick of it. He raised his hand as if to grasp the now lowered sun as he thought of what his father told him. It seemed more true now than ever. "Am I really doing my best for the country?" he spoke. As if to reply, the horse snorted. He sat up right in the saddle to reply to him; "Oh so now a horse knows just what to do in my predicament?" He looked up the road and could see why the horse reacted, the outskirts of Munivra were in sight.

Entering the bustling market area, he could see that this town was sound economically, but from what he could tell in their expressions, not everything was good for these people. He began getting quizzical looks from riding such a pampered horse, he begin to question if it was a good idea to take it with him. He stopped the house near another inn and tied it up for the time being. He already considered that some might try taking this horse, so he payed the inn keeper plenty to keep an eye on it, and left him a peach. Now down to three, he started exploring through the market place with his hood on, looking to see if anyone was brewing a good fruit tea.

╔════════════════════════════════╗
Where at: Munivra market
With: none
Mood: calm
Thoughts: What does he have planned...
╚════════════════════════════════╝
User Image
Suganuma Sadamitsu, the Akaname of Aichi

Sadamitsu grit his teeth as the man tried to argue. "It was not a negotiation. You will leave me your longsword or i will take it." He tilt his naginata forward by extending his right arm, the haft of his pole arm still buried into the ground. "Seal it with wax or a fine silk cover for all i care, i don't need your blade. But that blade is the only thing you have that i know without a fleeting doubt that you will return for." Sadamitsu insisted, his cheeks pulling tight as his teeth bit down. The edges of his jaw protruded as he clenched, growing tired of the mans insistence that he could make decisions in Sadamitsu's land. For all Sadamitsu cared, he was Daimyo here, he was royalty, and this was his castle. This was his home, his temple, and he made the laws. Punishable by death it was to not bow to those of his ranks in a normal city, much less make eye contact. Yet, this man had insulted him, this man had threatened him, this man had vandalized his home and now tried to negotiate what Sadamitsu thought was a rather lenient punishment. Sadamitsu couldn't give a s**t less about his mans piece of stone, he could replicate the piece of s**t in a day if he desired. But steel, a Katana was a warriors soul, and no man would let that go for no reason, it was the perfect collateral.

"And i wont have an indentured servant do shotty work either, you will come and eat with us to ensure you have the essence to do the work right."
he growled as the man tried to insist to Uruha to go ahead without him. "Be a man of honor, stand by what punishment i offer you, or spill out your innards here for me to watch and prove your a man too proud to temporarily lose his soul." Sadamitsu spoke heavily, his voice growing louder as his jaw had been so tight. the smirk that grew across his face at the mention of the mans sepuku though, oh that devious grin, was all to revealing that he'd much rather slay this man here than pay for him to eat off of his tab.

User ImageUser Image

Silver Angst

RavenousDreams

Dapper Genius

Mood: Slightly Irritated

"You just dug your own grave you lumbering oaf." Mitskuni hissed, and quite literally spat onto the ground. "From this point on. I personally declare war on you." He said, and tucked his Shinken back away into his Kimono, and fastened his Katana onto his side. "My debt. Forfeit. Your soul. Forfeit. When you are dead, and your head is rightfully rolling in the grassy knolls, I will snap your pathetic Naginata, and melt the metal into a necklace for my niece, and the wood, I will use it to make a chair!" He growled. "But. Not today." He wavered his hand, placing it onto his Katana's handle/hilt, and turned, then began to run for The Black Road.

"Whatever smidgen of honor you claim to possess, prove it! You will find me should you care for the forests that you falsely claim from the gods!" He shouted, not looking back. Suganuma lost the right of being looked at by Mitskuni. No one who demands another's blade, another mans livelihood! His pride! Deserves anything but death. Mitskuni would make sure he justly received this. His blade held a want for Suganuma's blood, that Mitskuni would fulfill, even if it brought himself death.

suganuma

Silver Angst
User Image

Sadamitsu immediately ran after the man. His naginata dragging behind him as he sprint at full pace to chase him. "You dare run from your crimes? Your nothing but a cowardly dog!" Sadamitsu yelled at the man as he flung his left hand forth, a single senpon driving from his hand and towards the mans back. The dragging of his blades blunt edge along the ground sounded like a snake slithering along the earth, and like so, Sadamitsu tried to ready himself to strike forth at the man as soon as he faltered, stopped, slowed or turned.

"If you think you have the ability, fight me like the man you claim to be!" Sadamitsu couldn't believe this man was such a coward, turning his back and running, not even having the balls to walk away with grace. it struck Sadamitsu for but a split second that he actually left Uruha there, but surely that man could decide for himself what would be wise. He threw the thought from his mind as he ripped another senpon from his thigh and threw it at the mans leg, trying to slow him.

User ImageUser Image

Silver Angst

RavenousDreams
User Image
Jarnus, the Ōmagatoki of Aichi
Jarnus had made his way back into the tree's and was nearly to his camp when he heard yelling form within his woods. He stopped for a second curious of who it could be not knowing the voice he heard, but within moments he heard Akaname's voice and without a second thought dashed towards the noise. He ran for a few seconds before noticing his landsmen chasing someone in red. He followed them for a moment and took his chance when he could. They were running on ground, he himself jumping from tree to tree obviously with little time he was able to not only catch the red man but land directly in his path. Before he disembarked from the tree's though he threw a single hand axe at the mans knee's hoping to at the least cause him to slow. After he dropped right into the mans path and simply bellowed
"You have signed you life away in these woods. You dare encroach upon the land of the clan Aichi and more so infuriate my only friend in this life!" He stood ready in the path his left arm and gauntlet a shield his right hand reached behind him and grabbed for his cleave bringing it down in an arc slamming it to the ground before him. He roared with anger that he had not felt for some time his only family was in pursuit of someone, for all Jarnus knew this man had attacked Akaname and this was no forgiving matter. He stood as a stone wall ready for the approaching man if he truly did wish to get by Jarnus it would surely take a fair amount of skill and acrobatics but only one man could do this to his knowledge, and that man was in full pursuit of this one. Jarnus gritted his teeth ready to throw a killing blow if he was given the chance. -How dare he- Jarnus thought to himself knowing Sadamitsu while cruel, always gave a way for redemption though sometimes overbearing.This could of been avoided if not for silly pride.

Dapper Genius

Mood: Unregretful

As Mitskuni continued to run, the senpon plunged into the back of his leg, making him cuss out in pain, and stop in place, but he did see the axe coming, and he rolled to the left, though the axe blade still cut the side of his knee, he stood. He now had two enemies to deal with. He wore an uncaring expression on his face. "Killing, and assaulting me will do nothing good for yourself." He sighed, and slowly drew his Katana blade from his sheath. "Once the blade has been drawn, it cannot be put back until it tastes blood of thy enemy." He informed them. "I was perfectly willing to return, and plant those trees! I would have had to return in order to not soil my pride! But I upright refuse to willingly give up my Katana for it!"

"I tried to do this the peaceful way! Know this first before one of us dies!" He shouted before each of them. He didn't want to fight, not today, he was going to visit temple, but now, should he spill another's blood. He would be sinning against the monks themselves. "Should none of us die though. I will require a direct explanation to the monks at the local temple, why I am wounded. You should not let your anger blind you from at least that." He finished speaking, and assumed position for combat, should it be brought upon his blade.

{His stance is: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.}

suganuma

Silver Angst

Jarnus Shinzuku
User Image

Sadamitsu grinned as he saw his senpon drive into the mans calve. The quick glimpse of blood as an axe slit his knee and drove into the ground nearby only made him happier. Impeccable, his companion had cut off the mans retreat and placed himself as a wall in his way. Now pincered, and turning as he drew his blade to confront Sadamitsu, he exposed his back to Jarnus, a fatal mistake many men took in the past thinking the large man was much slower than reality. Sadamitsu planted his feet in his stride, sliding along the ground as he ripped his hips around to have his right foot forward. his shoulders soon followed suit, and with them, his naginata swept torwords the mans knee. "UGHAH" He shout as his left hand gripped the base of his pole arm, allowing him to extend his reach if the man tried to avoid it, but more importantly, giving him a full three foot of leverage to maneuver the blade if the man dared block or try to dodge. His full body weight in the swing, if it met his mark, which, the man now having a metal pike dug into his calve and a gash at his knee, surely the man couldn't do much other than try to roll once again, it would surely sever the leg. Blood lust entered Sadamitsu's eyes, hoping the man would indeed roll yet even closer to his demise in Jarnus' arms.
"you have come and defaced my temple, yet you wish me to go and appologise to yours?! Die like the coward you are!" Sadamitsu bellowed, his eyes in a deadlock with the mans throat, watching his heart beat, pacing his breaths.

User ImageUser Image

Silver Angst

RavenousDreams

Jarnus Shinzuku

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items