Welcome to Gaia! ::

Archives

Accessing Birth of Ritterism Files... Please Wait

Files Found. Uploading Information... Please Wait

At the end of the War of Luthor, the world was in chaos. But one man rose above the chaos, with a mighty battle sword. The Germanic knight slew his enemies in a cascade of blood and flesh. His sword shined above all else. Thus is the legend of the Yellow Knight, der gelb Ritter.

But the peace was not meant to last. Soon after the demise of the Knight, the world once again fell into disarray. Technology led to corruptness, to evil. After the third World War, the French Coalition, of France, Japan, Germany and Italy rose to power. But it too, was corrupt.

Finally, after the Second War of Luthor, a man, cloaked in mysteriousness, appeared on the world stage. Calling himself Gelb Ritter, and carrying the sword of the ancient der gelb Ritter, he united the world under one rule, the rule of Ritterism.

Ritterism, a society devoted to peace, devoted to science, devoted to understanding. By the fifth year of Ritterism, Gelb Ritter had abolished conventional forms of government, and composed one world government, made up of artists, writers, philosophers and scientists.

The Rules of Ritterism

exclaim No Godmoding. Period. See the AMP for more guidelines as to what Godmoding is.
exclaim Whoever is the Lehre der Welt controls the forum. That means that what he/she says, goes.
exclaim Literacy is a must.
exclaim No attacking Ritterism. In order to attack something, you must be outside it. And, since Ritterism encompases the world, the entire world is inside it. So, you must be outside to world to destroy Ritterism. Thus, you must be an Alien.

arrow Since Ritterism is a peace-loving government, no, I repeat no weapons are allowed. However, a growing trade has been going on, illegally creating weapons. However, there is a photon shield surrounding the entire planet, and all major government buildings, as well as the Antarctic Fortress. Only conventional bullets and medieval weapons can penetrate it.
arrow Anyone can join Ritterism, once they have passed the n00b test. A PM must be sent to a member of the High Council (The Folks in Red Text), and they must approve membership. The Lehre der Welt may veto any decisions made by the High Council in regards to membership.
arrow The High Council, and the Lehre der Welt may veto any decisions made by the rest of the Government. (Artists, Writers, Philosophers and Scientists.)
arrow Since the RP takes place in the whole world, you may live anywhere. However, the Antarctic Fortress is home to the Lehre der Welt. It house machine gun turrets for protection. Of course, to get inside you need two passcoads, or you must be able to break down a triple-reinforced Luthorian/Kentesian alloy, 300 ft door.

The Government

Lehre der Welt: GelbRitter - Jared Ritter

Entwerfer der Zukunft (Head Artist):

Verfasser des Lebens (Head Writer):

Philosoph des Alters (Head Philosopher): Filthy Ike - Dr. Angus Zhivago Constantine Necrodeathkillmurderstein XXVII

Wissenschaftler der Hoffnung (Head Scientist):

Artists:

Writers:

Philosophers:

Scientists:

Other People

Members of the RP, but not Members of the Government go here, along with their position. Please PM a member of the High Council, stating the following.

Name:
Position Wanted (Optional, for Government only):
Sample RP (A MUST HAVE):

You must also have read all of the rules and the first two posts by GelbRitter.
Banner of Ritterism

None as of yet. 500 gold to the designer of the best banner.

Buildings of Ritterism

The Council Hall: This circular, four story, titanium building covers 600 sq. feet of Earth. Located in Geneva, Switzerland, The Council Hall is home to all members of the government. On the first floor, information offices and clerical offices reside. On the second floor, the Hall of Science and the Hall of Arts resides. The Hall of Science contains information about all major advancements in science, while the Hall of Arts houses copies or originals of famous paintings, as well as biographies about artists, great works of literature, and biographies of writers. The third floor contains the offices of the High Council, as well as the offices of the Lower Council. Finally, the Chamber of Debate resides on the fourth floor. It houses seats for all members of Council. The Council Hall is protected by a photon shield.

The Antarctic Fortress: This four story, titanium building resides inside an Antarctic Glacier. It is over 1200 sq. feet in size, and is the headquarters of the Lehre der Welt. It is protected by a photon shield, and contains several technological achievements as well as works of art. Exact blueprints have not been given out, as it is mainly used for protecting the Lehre der Welt. However, it is known that inside the Fortress, the Lehre der Welt has the most advanced com-screens, vid-screens, and food synthizers known to man. There is also a LDW transporter, capable of transporting up to 100 tons to anywhere on the Earth. It can also transport 100 tons of matter inside the Fortress. The Antarctic Fortress has its own power generator, and a robotic staff of 50, as well as 300 robotic guards.

The Facility: This rectangular, 500 sq. ft, titanium building is located in the Antarctic, 50 miles from the Antarctic Airport/ U-Bahn Terminal. It houses the offices of the Lehre der Welt, and his secretarial staff. It is protected by a photon shield, and is directly linked to the Antarctic Fortress through a voice activated, thumbprinting, retina scanning, high-speed tram. In order to enter, you must fill out hours of paperwork, and go through an extensive screening process.

Bad List

Guilds who are led by ignorant, power hungry n00bs who do not read the rules go here. So do foolish, egomaniacal n00bs who do not read the rules, but think they can do whatever they want.

The WWRN

World Wide Ritteristic News:
The Lehre der Welt has outlawed the use of magical attacks in the Empire of Ritterism. Demons, Angels, Vampires, and other Magical Creatures are being forced to apply for registration. Unliscenced Magical Creatures are subject to arrest.

A new Philosoph des Alters has been appointed. Dr. Angus Zhivago Constantine XXVII, the youngest ever appointed, only 30, has a PhD in many subjects. Dr. Constantine is expected to arrive in the Antarctic for information regarding the job.

The Council Hall has approved the measure for Cloning. All humans are expected to recieved three clones, at different ages, for spare body parts. This is expected to increase life expectancy by 60 years. The Lehre der Welt has put out a call for scientists.

The Philosoph des Alters has put out a call for Magical Creatures to be tested in Thaumatic Radiation experiments. Interested Creatures should contact the GR Spokesperson.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Since this is an RP, shouldn't it go in an RP Forum, like Barton Town?
Not necessarily. This is both an RP, and a guild. It is a guild first, an RP second. You may be a member of the guild, but not a member of the RP.

2. Since this is a peaceful thread, and no attacks allowed, can it really be put in the Organization/Military Guilds Subforum?
Yes, since while there are no attacks from outside groups, such as (just throwing a name out there, no bad feelings towards this group) Nova Armada, they can send members to infiltrate this thread and take it down from the inside. Good Luck to them.
The Lehre Der Wult sits in his armchair, reading the broadcasts of the WWRN and looking over a new law passed by the High Council, decided whether or not to veto it. He approves it, stamps it, and signs it into law.
Ritter continues reading news broadcasts on his vid-screen. He goes to the kitchen and gets a cup of coffee and some waffles, then goes and sits by his com-screen listening to the Council Hall Debates over cloning.
((There is also a RP Guild Forum as well stare ))
(( An Authoritarian Liberal-Technocractic Utopia eh? Well You've got my attention.))
xXR_GRIMXx
((There is also a RP Guild Forum as well stare ))

By that notion, one could argue that almost all guilds in this subforum should go in there, because most guilds RP in one way or another. They RP battles, RP intelligence, etc.
Jared Ritter looked at his com-screen, scanning the U-Bahn's for tickets puchased under Dr. Constantine's name. ((I am calling you Dr. Constantine, because I am not going to say Dr. Necrodeathkillmurderstein.)) Finding one at the East Berlin, he told his private satillite to track Dr. Constantine's progress until he reached the Antarctica Airport.
He checked his vid-screen, seeing that the Council had voted yes on the Cloning Bill. Of course, soon it would be faxed to him, where he had to sign it or veto it. Sure enough, within a few seconds, the bill came out of a slot on his desk. Reading it over, he picked up his black fountain pen. Pausing, he signed his name on it, then faxed it back to the Council. On the vid-screen, two-thirds of the Council erupted with cheer, while the rest erupted with misbelief. Then, the next bill went to the floor, proposing the development of a Necronaut program.
Twenty Eight Hours came and went. There were a few stop offs in Scotland, Egypt, Washington, Brazil and finnaly Chile before finally landed by boat on the Antarctic shore. Another hour was spent on a Dogsled that took him to another U-Bahn.
After a long journey he came to the door of the Facility, a cigarette smouldering quietly between his lips and his suitcase clutched firmly in his left hand.

"Open, Says-me!" he said with a bit of a smirk as the doors slid open and he walked down the main hallway. His footsteps echoed omniously and the rest seemed to happen as though in a trancelike state, he came with a halt outside the Ritter's office. For the first time in Thirty hours he took a moment to actually look at his surroundings. The place was spotless, and looked as though security was pretty lax. Then again, he could vaguely remember filling out a lot of paper work just to get through the first door, and plenty of retina scan computers and auto-guns popping up and retracting. That and there was the fact that his Palmtop Digital Computer was constantly reminding him that a government tracking satellite was keeping a close eye on him to ensure his saftey. Alright so maybe it was just supposed to look relaxed. After a few more moments and a fresh cigaretted he walked up to the door and knocked politely.
"Candygram!" he announced.
As the vid-screen beeped, Ritter looked over. The satillite alerted him that he was outside his office in the Facility. He walked over to the teleporter and teleported to his office. Answering the door, he led Dr. Constantine into his office, where the Doctor sat down across the desk from him. He slid a file across to him.

"As the Philosoph des Alters, your job is to, basically, come up with ideas about life, and come up with ideas of great scientific achievements that could be worked on. You also carry the weight of five votes in debates. The current debate is over the development of a Necronaut program. Basically, we would send people into the afterlife, and back. Everything you need to know is in this file."
The doctor was a wiry looking fellow, dressed sharply but with a beard and hair that suggested that part of him was off in another dimension completely. He gave the lenses of his black rimmed glasses a good polish before finnaly getting comfortable in his chair. He hadnt really said as a greeting, further than his announcement at the door.

The job description seemed lax enough, and he felt as though he could get heavily involved in the job right away. Especially at the sight of this file that they hadnt wasted any time in presenting him with.

Angus was pretty satisfied as he looked over the file. His lips curled into a smug grin as his eyes drifted over the lines of text that he was presented with. There were a few minutes of him just sitting there, tapping ashes from his cigarette every now and then, and making 'hmmmm' noises as he fliped through the pages.

"Suppose you're not familiar with my familiy history..." He said at last, peering over the top of his glasses.
"Rather secretive bunch, my relatives. Silent acheivements, so on and so forth. This Necronaut program looks particularly interesting, my great great great grandfather, used to dabble in this kind of experimentation. Of course, that was back in the day when necromancy was still legal. Since then my family has been mostly scientists, doing private experiements in Thaumatic Radiaton technology. I myself have a PhD in that field, all very fascinating, but alas the research has become increasingly difficult. Recent laws regarding magical beasts put a serious damper on my studies, being that so many of my test subjects were un-registered."
At this point he gave a sigh, his eyes staring off to someplace two inches above Ritter's left ear.
"Well anyways, I've got my tax information, medical forms, acceptance letter, resume, Picture ID, birth certificate, social security information, Driver's liscense, Medical history (different from medical forms) , Declaration of Non-Religious devotion, and Five-oh-Seven-twelve form." He recited these at a rapid fire pace, sliding his own file across the desk towards Ritter.
"I have a tradition, every job I've ever worked, from McLardy's to the Oxford Social Anthropology Wing, I have always handed in the paper work up front in person."
"Thank you."

He placed the file in a drawer, crammed it shut, and continued.

"As the Philosoph des Alters, you also have diplomatic immunity. Thus, your experiments in what was it? Thaumatic Radiation, will not be hindered. Feel free to carry out your experiments, as long as you do it in this facility, or in a privately owned lab. Also, I hope you devote most of your time to the Cloning program, though it is not officially a part of your job. I'm afraid I have another meeting, so, have a good day."

He stood up, shook his hand, and led him to the door.
The doctor waited patiently for Ritter to leave the room. As soon as the door was shut he immediately went to unpack his things. He had only brought one change of clothes, but when he went to hang it up in the wardrobe he found him staring at his wardrobe from his old Berlin flat. He blinked a few times, not so much at the fact that they had gone through his things, cleaned and pressed them, but at the fact that they had accidentaly put a ladies evening gown in with the rest of his clothes. Of course he was perplexed, because the last time he had ever seen a dress like this was when his mother had taken him along shopping at a department when he was in the fourth grade. He decided to deal with it later and hung up his other clothes.

From there he made a B-line for his desk and began clacking away furiously on the keyboard. He did not leave that seat for a full six hours before falling asleep in a weary heap on his desk. The Document was finished and all that remained was his computer desktop on which sat a single document file.

"PLAN FOR ANCIENT RECORD RECOVERY. ESTIMATED BUDGET: 2,ooo,ooo RM."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces