Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heroes. There are very few of them alive, and many more gone. Some people think heroes are the ones that go and fight for them in the face of danger. While these people are heroes of their own, there are the unsung to very few. Angels of salvation, people that in the most deadliest and hellish situations, go out and save those who see the face of death. "Not today!" they scream at death. "Not one more person will you take before their time." Sometimes these heroes give the ultimate sacrifice to save one person. This is the story of such heroes who go to save others. These people are honored here in this story. But if you are one of these people, you must first answer a question: Will you lay down your life so a stranger can live?
Rules
Please keep to the TOS of Gaia.

Mild cursing is allowed, but please keep it tasteful.

This is a modern day rp. Nothing futuristic or overly ancient, no powers, mystical or otherwise. These are just regular everyday people. I would greatly appreciate that everyone keeps it that way.

This rp is based on the movie, the Guardian. If you need to, please use it to get ideas or references.

All types of characters with all kinds of jobs are wanted and needed, from pilots to rescuers to mechanics. Please keep it varied.

Please send me all profiles with the following in the title: So others may live.

This is a semi-lit rp. Please give a minimum of one paragraph for your post.

Please have fun and enjoy.
Profiles

[Pic]
Name:
Job:
Personality:
Bio:
Gaian name:
Accepted profiles

User Image
Name: Megan Drakeson
Job: Pilot
Personality: Megan is a playful person when off duty and likes to be around other people. She loves to fly, and when out on a rescue, refuses to leave anyone from her crew or the rescue behind.
Bio: Megan grew up constantly around the water. She loved it. Her father served in the Search and Rescue Force for 17 years as a Rescuer. However, she lost her father on a ocean rescue, leaving her mother to raise her. Against her mothers wishes, Megan joined the SRF as an officer and a pilot. Since she joined, she has flown and rescued countless people. To this day, she fly's to save in honor of her father.
Gaian name: Rebel in a Free Nation
Setting

Miracle City: Coastal city, where lots of people go to deep sea fish and sail the open waters. However, even for the trained, these waters are still hazardous.

Weather: Sunny with a few clouds, wind at 5 mph.
User Image
Megan Drakeson
Helicopter Pilot

Megan yawned and brushed her hair back as she leaned back in her chair. Her flight uniformed was tied around her waist with her feet propped on the table. Her helmet and gear rested next to her feet. Megan hummed a sweet tune, stopping only long enough to take a drink of her soda.

She put the soda down and stretched her arms. "Ah, a nice quiet day. Sometimes its nice just to enjoy a quiet day with nothing happening." He tapped her feet to her humming, waiting for others to join her or a call to come out for rescue.

Blessed Loiterer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tyson 'Luke' Stanley

Tyson looked in the new dorm of which he would have to be staying in for the next few weeks. The small room dripped, and reeked of sweat. Not his of course, he only just arrived on the large, whatever the god forsaken thing was. He shifted the large bag on his shoulder, he looked into his 'new' place of stay again. He set the thing down in the door way, moving to the Commanding Officer or someone to complain his problems to. He moved over to the Lieutenant's room, knocking on the side of the door, "Hey, I need a new room, the other just- isn't mine..." he looked at the girl, roughly the same age as him. He patted the satchel around his waist.
User Image
Megan Drakeson
Helicopter Pilot

Megan looked over at the new face and stood up. "Hey, are you new to the base?" She walked over and extended her hand. "I'm Lieutenant Drakeson. Welcome to Miracle City SRF." She smiled at him. "Do you know what shift your assigned to?"

Blessed Loiterer

Tyson 'Luke' Stanley

Gave the officer a distant look, "Pleasure to meet you, I'm Corporal Tyson Stanley, but my last squad just had called me Luke, not sure why. he looked at the girl, smiling he looked in the dorm. "Odd ain't it? Seems like you got a better dorm than I did. Yeah, I was said to be with you... Uh... Drakeson." He sighed, adjusting the leather jacket that covered his skin. He shifted over to the left side of the door, he was growing uncomfortable by the minute leaning against each side. He looked at his belt, all the nick-nacks and medical gadjects he had received where amazing. Though most of the items where pills, he was still happy the Rescue force gave him the supplies in the first place.
User Image
Megan Drakeson
Helicopter Pilot

Megan smiled. "Nice to meet you. Come with me, I'll show you to your room." As she lead him through the waiting lobby, kitchen, and finally to a room, explaining where things were and what they did. "Since your on my team, I'll show you the bird you'll be riding in. Take your time and put your stuff away, then we can go to the hanger."

Blessed Loiterer

Tyson 'Luke' Stanley

Tyson sighed, he nodded at the lady. He flipped the hair from his face, moving it over to the right. He looked at the casual clothes that he had seemed to be wearing, though they seemed more formal. He adjusted the emblem on his jacket. He grabbed the bag from the dingy room quickly still following the Pilot. He looked in the room to be caught smiling vigorously, he threw his bag on the bottom bunk, then climbing atop it. He looked at the ceiling, he turned his body over the top to open his bag, taking hold a photo. Staring at the picture image, it showed him, and a larger, scruffy figure looking around in his mid-sixties. The picture read on the corner, 'To my favourite little little Private.' Tyson smiled, putting the picture back into the bag. He hopped off the bed, grabbing his Uniform he put it on, only following his directions. He stood behind Drakeson, he stomped his foot, saluting to her. "Corporal Stanley, reporting for duty!"
User Image
Megan Drakeson
Helicopter Pilot

Megan gave him a salute back. "Relax. Just call me Megan. I'm a lot more relaxed than others. Come on. I'll show you the bird." She took him out of the building and across the street. The sound of helicopters and planes roared as they took off and performed checks. Inside the hanger, on the ready line was a single helicopter. Megan smiled. "This is our bird. Rescue 6049. I call her Suzie."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff