Welcome to Gaia! ::

-[Isamu Orochi]-

-[Blaze]-

User Image
He listened quietly, eating as Nisa answered his questions and cracked a smile when she said she wanted to be an ally of justice. Then she caught him off guard. "Wha-? n-n-no that isn't what I meant at all!" He stammered out hurredly, taken by surprise. "I still want to be your friend. I just didn't...." He trailed off as Nisa stared "ahh, whatever you can call me that if you really want." said relaxed again as he reached again for more food. It wasn't the best stuff that he had ever tasted but it was better than most of the stuff they were fed at the orphanage, a shadow momentarily fell over his face as he remembered the orphanage but was quickly back to his normal expression as he asked "Hey I wonder where that other girl with white hair went? and the tall one? I haven't seen them since we left the simulators."

Normal theme: Ace attacker ver. w
Mech/battle theme: Vanishing Trooper
User Image
I am here to settle my debts...
I have no choice but to pretend... |||

Ella coughed, drawing back a little. She sank into her chair, finally registering what had come out of her mouth. "Excuse me. That was a very personal question," she mumbled, obviously embarrassed that she'd overstepped her boundaries. She of all people knew that it wasn't good to be too personal too quickly. How would she have reacted if someone had asked her that question uninvited? The food seemed to weigh heavily in her stomach, a solid lump of meant-turned-cement. Maybe she had taken a little too much. In any case, it was that time of day, and she had to make sure to take care of herself.

The albino reached into her pocket and removed a small orange bottle. The writing on the label was very fine, but it was easy to see that whatever was in that container had at least nine syllables in its name. Ella uncapped it and shook out a white capsule almost two centimeters long, only a little paler than her skin. It was hard to tell, but it looked almost like there was something glowing green through the pill's translucent end. It was gone a moment later, downed with a swallow of water and another bite of food. As the capsule made its way to her stomach, Ella wondered idly where the other had got to. Maybe they were at a table nearby. "Can you see any of the other pilots?" she asked tentatively, not wanting to cause offense again.

…that I am a warrior who knows no fear. |||

...to the rebels and to the Earth government.

Desirable Gekko

6,275 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
Nisa Shiyazaki

"I've no name to give a villain except for Justice!"

Nisa congratulated herself silently as Isamu gave in to the nickname she had given him. She was in fact so pleased with herself that she missed Isamu's brief shadow moment. She snapped out of it though when Isamu asked where Ella had gone.

"Ohhh? Why? You interested in her?" she mused, raising an eyebrow at Isamu before giggling.

"Here, let me see if I can find her." Nisa got up from where she was sitting, putting one foot up on the bench and putting her hand above her eyes as if shielding them from the sun, of which there was none. She scoured the room with her almost hawklike vision, completely missing Reiji entering the room as she did, until she eventually managed to spot Ella.

"Cute white haired girl ho!" she practically threw her arm in Ella's direction, pointing out her location for Isamu.

"Justice wins yet again!"

Normal theme: N-I-S Justice
                                    Mech/battle theme:Vanishing Trooper

piloting skill: Rookie
                                    Machine: Huckebein M
                                    Psychic level: level 0
                                    Psychic skills: none
                                    Pilot Skills: {Marksman} {Expert Precision}
                                    Mech Parts/Equipment: {Tesla Drive} {open} {open} {open} {open}
                                    armor type: light
                                    Speed: average
                                    Maneuverability: average
                                    Weapons: [Chain gun] (Tier 0), [m90 assault Rifle] (Tier 1), [Beam saber] (Tier 2), [Recangular launcher] (Tier 3)
                                    Attacks launched:
                                    Damage:
                                    Special:
User Image

Ella could feel the pills dissolving her in stomach. They sat there like little lead bricks, spreading their contents through her body. She wasn't exactly sure what was in them, but she'd been taking them since she joined LASSAC. The doctors had said that replacing the dangerous, rebelling parts of her radiated body wasn't too difficult, but getting to her brain was another story. Since then, she'd taken the capsules in varying doses for the last four years with near-religious regularity. The one time she'd forgotten, the supervisor had spoken to her very sternly and had taken away her library for a week.

Her reminiscing ended abruptly when she heard a familiar voice calling out from across the cafeteria. There was Nisa, still wearing that scarf of hers and even more bouncy than when she'd been in the simulator room. Ella smiled weakly, giving a tentative wave. Nisa was attracting a lot of attention, though she wasn't the only one performing such displays. The Altair's crew and the Hearstian military in general had been getting younger and younger recently, though Ella had no way of knowing that. Had she been more aware of the Hearstian recruitment and conscription campaign, not to mention the importance of LASSAC's age cutoff, she might have wondered a little more about the nature of the conflict her country was preparing for.

As it was, she was more concerned with getting to the end of the day without keeling over or embarrassing herself any more. She beckoned to Nisa and Isamu, hoping they'd prove a little more talkative than her current companions. Something about the last hour or so had made the Albino jittery, more talkative than usual. Speaking of jitters, a little prickle skittered up her spine when Reiji entered the room, and she found herself inexplicably looking in his direction, making eye contact before turning away in tense, confused awkwardness.

Dapper Lunatic

Jonathan Thomas

Jonathan Thomas

Callsign: Forge

Jonothan jerked up suddenly. He realized he had been dozing for a few minutes while Ella and Simon had been getting their food. Ahhh man, that's embarrasing, I can't believe I almost fell asleep in front of these guys. He had taken a few bites of food, but was still pretty hungry, and dug into what was left of his sandwiches in earnest. He had been pretty tired, what with all the excitement earlier today plus the fact he stayed up late the night before doing some research on mechs. Mental note, be sure to get enough rest, because dozing during battle will not end well.

While he was eating, he noticed Nisa stand up and shoot her arm over to there table. He looked at it for a second, then focused back on Simon and Ella. They seemed like good people, in fact, they'd probably make a pretty good group together in combat. Then again, while I don't really have any proof, they both seem to be a little off their rocker. But then again...again, not many of the pilots I've seen so far are the spitting image of normal... He was about to ask Ella about the pills when he noticed Ella turn, and, following her, he saw Reiji enter the room. Ella had made brief eye contact with Reiji and quickly turned back around. Jonothan snickered, "Looks like someone might have a little crush, huh? Didn't figure you were a tall, dark, and mysterious type, Ella, but then again, who isn't?" He fake swooned in Reiji's general election and started laughing.
User Image

Ella stared at Jonathan, mouth hanging slightly open as she turned a blotchy unhealthy red. "Why you, you musclebound wrench monkey!" she retorted. "I would never even think of-- How did that even--?" She took a moment to catch her breath. Romance had always confused her. LASSAC had been segregated by sex, and Ella hadn't seen any male her own age until a few months ago. Now she was in the middle of a basic little bit of teasing and had no idea how to react to it. If anything, the pilot she was most interested in was ribbing her mercilessly. "I don't like him at all," she continued, glowering at Jonathan. Ella returned to her food, picking moodily at it, chasing chunks around with her fork. Reiji had put her out of the running almost immediately and had given her one of the strongest death-reactions she'd had yet.

She had only ever had one friend who she thought of as, well, more than just a friend. But that was different. Special. Maybe it would be better if she kept to herself and focused on the important things. Still, the idea of being "with" Reiji... "Ugh," she muttered. "That's just creepy."

Aged Gaian

User Image
◢◣Ɍӌῡō ϓυʙɩлαɠɐ◥◤

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Ryuo finally made his way into the mess hall, standing in the doorway scanning the bodies inside. After his pause he made his way to a lone table not bothering with food or the people. The visible ocean blue eye took one last look before closing. Ryuo sat back in his chair looking pretty much dead on the spot. Really he was just trying to tone out the loud ones in the room. Felt like school all over again only this time the field trips meant you may not come back and the teachers usually had something to yell about. Even he was dressed in what looked like a school uniform. Nothing of a military style but then again half of the people he saw looked normal or dressed odd- mostly just odd and annoying.

Ryuo sighed at his mixture of thoughts. Really he was getting nowhere and needed to eat something before being forced to sleep. Opening his eyes he finally got up and made his way up to the line in no rush. Taking a plate of what ever he grabbed first and returned to his solitude. Eating pretty much as slow as he walked. The food... not so great. Obviously mass produced. The flavor of it shown is his disgruntled expression after every bit tortured his taste buds. A common look every time he ate here.
-[Isamu Orochi]-

-[Blaze]-

User Image
"What? No!" Isamu managed to get out, almost stammering as his face turned a slight pinkish tint. Then as she was getting up he said "W-what are you doing now!" in an exasperated but intense whisper. When Nisa pointed and started yelling about a white haired girl he looked around to count the stares and started to rub his face as he said "No not that one. I was talking about the other one and the brown haired girl!"

As he looked over again he noticed Ella beckoning to them "*sigh* whatever I guess it wont be much different if we go over there..." he said with resignation as he got up. After getting up and straightening out his clothes a little, he walked over to Ella's table, taking a detour to throw away his scraps, and sat down as Ella got through reprimanding Jon for his remark. "So, what's going on here?" He asked as if nothing happened.

User Image

Ella looked up as Isamu and Nisa approached, but didn't say anything. She continued to scowl at Jonathan, her reddened, blotchy skin a clear enough indicator of what had happened. LASSAC had done some rather strange things to her ideas of social interaction. Teasing was not something that happened on a regular basis, considering the level of supervision that they'd been subjected to. The staff was very quick to put a stop to any roughhousing or even light banter. As for friendly behavior, that was often stilted and awkward... with some exceptions.

"I do not 'have a little c-crush' on the sergeant," she reiterated, folding her arms. "End of discussion." She did her best to put on a little of her clipped, military demeanor from before, but it fell flat when she stumbled over the word "crush." Face still burning, Ella tore into her plate of food again, trying to keep her head down to avoid more verbal barbs. She was probably going to regret eating so much spicy food later that day, but she was too embarrassed to care at the moment.

Desirable Gekko

6,275 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
Nisa Shiyazaki

"Other white haired girl? I don't remember another one of those..." Nisa pondered for a moment, trying to see if she remembered the person that Isamu was talking about. Very quickly she realized that she had absolutely no clue, so she just followed Isamu over to the other table where she overheard something very interesting.

"Did I just hear you have a crush on the Sergeant?" Nisa mused, walking over to sit next to Ella.

"I guess you must be the type that likes older guys, huh?" she teased. From there she seemed to observe Ella for a moment before suddenly latching on to her.

"You're absolutely adorable when you're embarrassed!"

Weapons: [Chain gun] (Tier 0), [m90 assault Rifle] (Tier 1), [Beam saber] (Tier 2), [Recangular launcher] (Tier 3)
                                    Attacks launched:
                                    Damage:
                                    Special:

Lonely Lunatic

User Image

Simon was frozen like a statue by Ella's question as though her words had cast a spell over him. It had certainly caught him off guard. Most of the time when he thinks about his parents, memories and flash backs of the plane crash float up from his subconscious. Though with how fast everything had happened they were better classified as erratic spurts of violence and chaos than actual recognizable and coherent memories. Still as fragmented as the event was, it haunts him all the same. Although today has been particularly bad, the memories have just been a non-stop barrage of unhappy today. Sleeping was definitely going to be a challenge.

To Simon's surprise, the memory that resurfaced wasn't the plane crash, but instead a rather pleasant one he had of his mother back when he was a young boy. It was back in Seattle, Simon being only a little bit over seven years old. He didn't even know he could remember that far back. They were all at the large park just a few blocks down from the apartment he lived in. He could seen the yellow frame works twisting and winding into what made up the jungle gym, a little farther down were the two massive blue slides that sat near the end of the park. Or maybe they were green? He couldn't quite tell, its been so long that is a small wonder he even remembers this at all. His favorite thing in the park was the swing set, he would always see how high he could swing on it, trying to see if he could do a loop. In a combination of stupidity and severe "why not" syndrome, he got the largest swing his little body could give him and launched himself out of the swing seat. Well instead of turning and landing firmly on his feet, gravity and it's maniacal ways decided that was not going to happen. So instead, he went flying feet first and promptly landed flat on his back onto the ground. He never did train to be a pilot.

When he finally did touch back down with reality, or the memory at least, all he saw was his mother kneeling over him. As everything else sort of blurred out, ever detail of he face became visible; her light brown hair, those green eyes that matched his perfectly and the happy disposition she always seemed to have. "Come on, lets get you cleaned up." She said in the soothing voice he knew all too well.
He reached up to grab her hand, but it would not connect, his passed through hers like it was all just an allusion. Her hand turned to dust and was just blown away by the wind, seeping back into the cracks of his mind. He reach out again to try and bring it back, but to no avail. In an instant it was all gone and Simon was snapped back to reality. A little overwhelmed by the unexpected memory, Simon leaned his head into his right hand and rubbed his eyes as though that would clear his mind. It didn't. "God, I need a doctor." Simon thought as a sublte smile cracked across his face. For once he wasn't weight down by the memory and didn't feel bothered to talk about it. Just as he was about to answer Ella's question, she withdrew it like she was in trouble for asking. It made sense, asking of ones parents without really knowing the person was a rather odd request, but he couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed. The one time he has something good to share and he has to keep it to himself.

As for her second question he replied with a simple "I don't know." He did know, he saw them as he made his way to his seat, the young blue haired one stuck out like a sore thumb, but for now he didn't really want to deal with the hyper-activeness she seemed to bring with her and the other pilot. For now he'll just eat his food and be silent. He saw Ella take some pills out and consume a few of them, but chose not to ask. It would have been rude to ask and it really wasn't his business. He just kept at his food until Johnathan's question involving Ella's affection for the Sergeant came out. This didn't even involve him, and Simon still ganged on his food in response to such a ludicrous idea. Ella had a similar response to the idea, though significantly less gagy. As his choking spree came to an end, he noticed Isamu and Nisa approach their table, so much for keeping things quiet. Still a little short on breath, Simon decided he might as well start off on a decent foot. "Other than me choking to death and poking at others, not much." Simon said, coughing through some of his words. His comment was immediately back up by Nisa joining in on teasing Ella on about the Sergeant. "Alright, alright, thats enough, leave the poor girl be." Simon promoting Nisa with his fork. He was sure Ella's didn't want everyone ganging up one her. At least not on the first day.
User Image

Ella became visibly tense when Nisa grabbed her, flushing red as a beetroot again. On top of everything else, all the blood rushing to her face was making her headache a lot worse. Nisa grabbing her didn't help matters in the slightest. "L-let go of me, please!" Ella gasped, totally out of her depth and utterly off balance. She did her best to extricate herself, but found that her squadmate clung to her like a limpet. Ella resigned herself to death by constriction when Simon came to her rescue and jabbed Nisa with his fork. The albino did her best to take advantage of the situation by slipping out of her captor's arms.

She drew back in her chair, her hands in front of her in case there was another glomp imminent. "Nisa was it? " she said, trying to catch her breath. "Please restrain me-" Her eyes widened. "No. No. Yourself. Please restrain yourself in the future. Ugh." Her heart was pounding. It made it very hard to think clearly, and she was simply burning up with embarrassment. "Thank you, corporal," she managed, flashing a weak smile at Simon. "This has been a very... educational day for me." Something in the corporal's expression had changed, but she couldn't quite place it. She looked at him quizzically, not exactly sure how to proceed.

Desirable Gekko

6,275 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
Nisa Shiyazaki

"Fine, I guess I'll leave her alone." she replied as Simon told her to let Ella be, letting the girl escape her vice like grip. She would have to have her fun prodding Ella later. Later...

Anyways, moving on. Nisa put her elbows on the table, resting her head on her hands.

"So, what do you guys think our first mission will be?" as good a question as any really. Sure nobody in the room could really answer that question, seeing as the Captain didn't even know what their first mission was yet (Likely finding that out while this is going on... or sleeping...), still, perhaps the speculation would get the group on a topic other than Ella's liking of the Sergeant.

Attacks launched:
                                    Damage:
                                    Special:
-[Isamu Orochi]-

-[Blaze]-

User Image
Isamu watched as the scene folded out in front of him like a movie, the whole thing was quite entertaining. As Nisa was fended off with a fork and Ella was stumbling over her words he took a sip from his drink and waited for the scene to calm down a little bit.

As Nisa finished talking, he said loudly with a confident voice. "I think that we'll be attacked by the rebels first, then we can show them who's boss." then he turned to Nisa "but if anything funny happens I'll be right there." he said in a less boisterous manner. Then after turning to the rest of the table "Say, does anyone have a deck of cards?" he asked after a pause.

User Image

Ella considered for a moment. "As I understand it, we'll need to find them first. Won't we be patrolling the countryside or the desert trying to find one of those hidden bases of theirs?" That was what she'd heard, anyway. They had caves and disguised hangars, towns in the middle of nowhere with one mech part in the basement of each house... She'd been lead to believe that the rebels were quite crafty. Or maybe it was paranoia. Then again, when some segments of the population were still saying that the rebels were an elaborate hoax, it was a little hard to separate the rumors from the actual intelligence.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff