User Image

A phoenix rises from the ashes of a dead world

Profile Thread

OOC Thread

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A MECHA RP
Weapons and damage
(Credit to Rikoseryuji)
Weapon Power Tiers

All weapons are ranked by the damage it can do into one of 6 tiers. The tiers are ranked 0-5 depending on the effect of the weapon against enemy armor. Tier 1 weapons are the most common.
Tier 0 – Light damage to light armor, no damage to medium armor or above. Mainly anti-personnel weaponry.
Tier 1 – Medium damage to light armor, light damage to medium armor, no damage to heavy armor.
Tier 2 – Heavy damage to light armor, medium damage to medium armor, light damage to heavy armor.
Tier 3 – Destroys light armor, heavy damage to medium armor, medium damage to heavy armor.
Tier 4 – Destroys light armor, destroys medium armor, heavy damage to heavy armor. Mainly super-powered weapons
Tier 5 – Destroys all armor. Hyper powered weaponry that only specialized armor can survive
Tier 5+ – Shot capable of destroying a warship in a single attack

Damage Levels

The total precentage of damage to a frame is dependant on the level of damage sustained when hit. The attacked party is granted some leeway in determining exactly how much damage they have sustained, but they must stay within this framework:

No Damage = 0% - 5% damage
Light Damage = 6% - 35% damage
Medium Damage = 36% - 65% damage
Heavy Damage = 66% - 99% damage
Destroyed = 100% damage

Damage can be sustained to limbs instead of the machine's main body, but do not do this too often. Make a note of the current damage to your frame and its limbs whenever engaged in battle.

When a frame has a barrier, the damage is reduced as in the barrier's description and the barrier takes a hit. The barrier can only take as many hits as its barrier strength before it disperses. When dispersed, it takes as many posts as indicated by the barrier recharge stat for it regenerate.

Firearms

Firearms are an inexpensive, reliable addition to any Mech. They are hand-held weapons ranging from pistols to beam cannons and beyond. The weapon needs no internal system to fire, requiring nothing but the pull of a trigger. Because of this, these weapons can easily be shared or stolen from enemies. Ammo is either stored internally or in reloadable or rechargeable magazines. These weapons are easy to come by and maintain, but lack the power of a weapon integrated to the Mech's systems

Melee Weapons

These weapons go from simple blades to high powered ones. Most Mechs will keep at least one melee weapon with them to fight off enemies that get too close. Since they never run out of ammo, melee weapons are the trusted friends of any who head into combat, since they are always there for you when all else fails. Some powered weapons, such as beam sabers, need to be recharged, though they can last much longer than the average battle does. These weapons can always be shared or taken from enemies.

Arms Components

The name given to any weapons that must be integrated into the Mech's main computer system to fire. These weapons may use external magazines of ammo, but still must be connected to the mech it is integrated with in order to be used. Arms Components are the most varied class of weapon, ranging from anti-personnel vulcan cannons to weapons that cause gravitational anomalies and tears in time and space. The more powerful the weapon, the greater the strain is on the machine’s generator. These weapons cannot be shared with other machines without a skilled mechanic configuring the machine to use it, and even then, it may take days, and the strain may be too hard on the machine’s generator.

Warships
(credit Rikoseryuji)

When facing off against warships, things are very different than when facing a mech. Warships are massive and it takes much more effort to bring them down. They always use the same damage tree as a mech with heavy armor would, but the effects of attacks against them are different.
Light damage: 1-10%
Medium Damage: 11-20%
Heavy Damage: 21-30%
Shields, armor, and the main hull always take half damage from any attack aimed at them. Any tier 5 attack or an attack that would typically destroy an opponent with heavy armor will automatically destroy the targeted section of the ship. Only Tier 5+ weapons can destroy multiple sections with one hit.

All Warships are made up of at least a bridge, generator, and one engine.

1 ) Shields: A protective barrier surrounding the entire ship, meant to defend it while passing through earth's atmosphere and also from hostile attacks. A long as the shields are active, the other sections of the ship cannot be targeted. Warships can have multiple layers of shielding or none at all.
Damage consequences:
100%: At this level the shield disperses and the ship can take direct damage

2 ) Armor Plating: Used on ships that are not able to equip shields or for ships meant to be in the middle of combat situations, this extra armor plating is used to give the main hull extra protection. The main hull and engines cannot be damaged until the armor is pierced
Damage consequences:
100%: At this level, the main hull becomes vulnerable to attack

3 ) Main hull: A ship's primary hull; most of the ship's weapons are attached to this section, and the hull represents a ship's 'flesh'. The easiest section to target, but also the hardest to destroy.
Damage consequences:
60%: At this level, a ship's sensory equipment becoms vulnerable to direct attack. The ship's hull is also considered damaged enough that characters can board the ship from any location.
70%: At this level, a ship's bridge becomes exposed to direct attack.
80%: At this level of damage, a ship is too badly damaged to risk atmospheric entry, high altitude flights or underwater operations. The ship must remian close to the ground or risk losing more of its integrity to adverse external conditions. Additionally, at this level of damage, the ship's main generator is exposed to direct attack.
100%: At this level, a ship's hull collapses, killing everyone within and destroying all mechs on board. The ship's generator remains intact, however, and does not explode.

4 ) Bridge: The brain of a warship, this location houses all command functions for a warship, as well as the men and women who control it. Most ships have their bridges built into their inner hulls, so a bridge can only be directly attacked once a warship's main hull has taken more than 70% damage, and even then, lining up a shot requires careful positioning and maneuvering, leaving attackers exposed to counter attack.
Damage consequences:
80%: At this level of damage, the bridge's pressure hulls are considered broken, and the bridge starts to lose atmosphere. After thirty minutes, the bridge crew will suffer asphyxiation and perish unless properly equipped.
90%: At this level of damage, the bridge's pressure hulls have been almost completely destroyed, and the bridge is now open to the external environment. Disastrous if the ships is in space or underwater. Characters outside the ship can now get onto the bridge with ease.
100%: Completely destroyed, and all crewmen on the bridge will perish.

5 ) Hangar bays: All mechs and/or aircraft and/or armored vehicles are stored and deployed from the ship's hangar bays. With mechs now serving as the primary means of battle, all ships possess at least one hangar bay, and many have more than one. Mechs are most vulnerable when being deployed, so hangar bays are usually very well protected by the ship's turrets. That said, the most effective way to board a ship is through its hangars.
Damage consequences:
60%: At this level of damage, a ship's hangar bays have partially collapsed, and that hangar can now only deploy vehicles at half its normal rate.
80%: At this level, a ship's hangars have taken enough damage that mechs cannot be deployed by normal means. They must find or create alternate routes out of the hangar, possibly at the cost of further damaging the hangar or main hull.
100%: The hangar has collapsed completely, and all mechs within are now destroyed.

6 ) Engines: All ships have some form of engine that varies according to that ship's function, but most rely on superpowered jet engines to move around, as well as smaller thruster units for maneuvering.
Damage consequences:
60%: At this level, a ship's engines are damaged enough that it's speed is reduced to half it's normal rate. However, a ship can still shunt power to its engines at the expense of weapons to allow it to move into space.
80%: The engines are now so damaged that a ship's speed is down to a quarter of its normal, and the ship can no longer move into space unless they have additional engines.
100%: The engines have been completely destroyed, and the ships is now a sitting duck unless there are additional engines still active.

7 ) Sensors: The advantage of placing the bridge inside a ship's hull is that it is well protected from attack. The disadvantage is that this also requires the crew to rely on external sensors to tell what's happening around them. A ship's sensors function like MWDS for all intents and purposes, and can only be directly targeted when a ship's hull has taken 60% damage or more.
Damage consequences:
100%: All sensors have been destroyed, and the ship is effectively blind. It must now rely solely on targeting information relayed from external spotters.

8 ) Generator/ power plant: The heart of any ship is its power plant; from here, energy is generated and diverted to the ship's many functions. The most reliable way to destroy a ship is by disabling its power plant, but this usually causes a tremendous explosion. The generator can only be attacked directly once a ship's hull damage reaches 80%.
Damage consequences:
60%: At this level, a ship's generator has taken so much damage that it can no longer supply power for all of the ship's weapons. All tier 4 and higher weapons cease to function.
70%: At this level, the generator suffers a massive drop in efficiency, and weapons functions are affected adversely. All tier 3 and higher weapons cease to function.
80%: At this level, the generator can no longer supply enough energy to keep engines running. The ship's engines now function at quarter capacity, in addition to the other effects listed above.
100%: The generator is destroyed, and usually explodes in an extremely destructive blast, destroying the ship completely. Mechs near the ship take tier 4 damage to all parts.

Setting
It is the year 27 N.E. The world has been prosperous since the establishment of the new earth government except for the resistance that call themselves "the alliance" oh yeah, and there's a draft in place in order to help fight the rebellion.

Mechs were first designed 30 years ago and were first mass produced 27 years ago (this is what began the nee era). that being said, Mechs are still in thier infancy and there are many prototype and experimental technologies being tested and developed, as well as the fact that there are many new technologies to be found.

You are one of a couple of mech pilots; there whether you want to be or not, and it is your duty to protect your country. you are all freshly out of traning or the officer academy and are to be deployed on the new star-class carrier "Altair" you are to meet each other on dock #3 of the armor base to meet each other and your new, flying, home for the next 18 months.

your allegiance belongs to the country of Hearstia in central north america; the united states collapsed 89 years ago; and you are being deployed near Albuquerque. The rebels on the other hand, are everywhere. You have not been assigned to a mech yet.
Your ship: User Image

The world: The current world is set up much like our own with a few exceptions
Nations are larger now due to the development of mecha technologies and the possibility of conquest. Also there is an international government organization called the new earthen alliance (NWA) with jurisdiction over several nations but has no real power due to the nations' unwillingness to cooperate. each of these nations have different mecha technologies that vary widely. For example one country might be using knightmare frames while another might be using HOUNDs and still another uses mobile suits, Hearstia uses personal troopers. While these might be standard is is not unusual to see a country experimenting with technology not it's own so if a country used armored modules it wouldn't be totally out of the blue to see an armored core frame. Despite the new technology, foot soldiers are still used in much the way they are now, but considering the training difference required between foot soldiers and mech pilots you are treated as three yes three (3) ranks higher than normal if interacting with the normal army soldiers or officers.

Lodging: On Hearstian ships each pilot would be given his/her own (small) room while higher ranks would have nicer ones. On the Altair this is not the case, as space is limited. There are college dorm like rooms in which 4 mech pilots are given beds. On the Altair only the captain has private quarters and the rest of the crew not including mech pilots sleep in one barracks. each mech pilot rooms share 2 showers and 2 toilets ( the two rooms are linked by this bathroom ) the captain has his own facilities and the rest of the crew gets to share a public bathroom, open to the mech pilots if they so choose.

Forces: there are 4 branches of the Hearstian military, The army, the navy, the air force, and the mech corps. Each branch has it's own special forces, the navy is anything based on large sea/air ships, they do not use mecha, the airforce is air field based operations like spy planes, bombers, paratroopers (they even have a special division of the mech corps for paratrooper mecha), the mech core is large ship based and uses mostly mecha and anti mecha special forces, and last but not least (kinda) is the army, they're the army.

As always there are mercenaries, private contractors, and security companies that use mecha. There are private research institutions that make and research mech technology as well.
Our story starts in the base near Albuquerque. You have all recently been called to the briefing room of the Altair where you will meet each other and choose your mechs as well as meet your captain.

Desirable Gekko

6,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
Captain Ichika Ishimura

"What is it you want me to do now?"

It hadn't been long since his graduation at the officers academy that he had been given a position as the Captain of the new Space class carrier, the Altair. He had actually just been looking around the ship before he received an order to go to the briefing room. Even he had yet to be told anything about what the ship would be doing once it was finally deployed, so it was pretty safe to assume that's what the meeting would be about. It didn't take him long to get there, and it looked as if he was the first to arrive.

"First one here... Isn't this just dandy?" he said as he looked around the room. "Well, guess I better make myself comfortable while I wait..." he said, leaning against the table in the middle of the briefing room. "Well, as comfortable as I can get anyways..." waiting for someone else to enter the room.

"Why Albuquerque of all places?" he said, thinking about where he had been deployed. It was doubtful that he would be there for very long, but it still struck him as odd that they would pick Albuquerque to launch the ship. "I mean, this place just has such a strange name..." he said, talking to himself.

"Well, I suppose if I've got to do it I better do it good..."

Character Theme: Fight for Tomorrow
Altair Theme: Ships full of hope(Ver M)

3,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Nisa Shiyazaki

Taking her own little tour of the ship, (she got lost) she found her self in the briefing room. As Nisa walked in she found some guy with blue hair talking to himself, she quickly headed towards him. "Umm... Not sure why you're talking to yourself in here, but seeing as how you're in here that must mean your part of the crew as well." With a smile she added, "Hello, I'm Nisa Shiyazaki. I hope we can get along together while were on the ship."

She jumped, landing in a sitting position on top of the table next to him. "So, what's your name? Where ya from? Which member of the crew are you? You a pilot?" Nisa said, leaning closer to him."Weeeell? What are ya?"

Character Theme- Bad Apple

Desirable Gekko

6,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
Captain Ichika Ishimura

He had only been in there for about a minute before someone else came waltzing into the room, and as soon as they did his ears were immediately assaulted with a seemingly unending noise. Whoever this girl was, she sure had a lot of energy. He couldn't even get in a chance to talk as she introduced herself, and then bombarded him with question after question about who he was and what he did. She even sat down right next to him and leaned in close with anticipation for his answer. She definitely wasn't a patient one.

"My my, aren't we the excited one? I'll have you know there's nothing wrong with talking to yourself when nobody else is around." he replied, rubbing his ears as if to alleviate some sort of pain.

"Well I guess I should answer your questions..." he said with a sigh. "Name's Ichika Ishimura. I'm from Japan, Tokyo actually. As for if I'm a pilot or not... I guess you could consider me something like that. At any rate you'll probably be seeing a lot of me. Isn't that just wonderful..." he said to her, muttering that last part quietly enough to himself that she wouldn't be able to hear him. He didn't really have anything against her personally, she was just a bit too... energetic for his tastes.

"That said, pleasure to meet you Nisa. I'm sure we're going to have a wonderful time on this ship..." he said. He sat there for a moment before his curiosity got the better of him. "Sooo... What made you join the military anyways? I mean, you don't really seem like the type to want to fight in a war... So, what brings you here?"

User Image
Isamu Orochi

Isamu had been wandering around the halls of the ship, as he had been waiting weeks for this opportunity and was overjoyed that it was happening, when he heard the order to head to the briefing room. As he walked to the room, stopping to check out the hangar, he psyched himself up to meet his new teammates.

Upon reaching the door he paused for a second imagined what they would be like, then nonchalantly walked in. "Whats up? What are you guy's names?" He said with a smirk as he reached for a chair and proceed to sit down backwards, with his legs around the back.

3,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Nisa Shiyazaki

Nisa's smile faded slightly at hearing the last question, but quickly perked back up as if to hide something. "Well it's nice to meet you Mr. Ishimura, I've always wondered what it's like in Japan." With a moments pause, she added "As for your last question, I'll be keeping that answer as my little secret a while longer. Don't worry you and everyone else, as soon as they show up, will know why at some point on our voyage."

Noticing the newcomer to the room, she perked up and said "Well hiya, I was just interrogating Mr. Ishimura here. Also my name's Nisa Shiyazaki, hope we get along together." With slight after thought she added "What's your name?"

Unsealed Zealot

9,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Ⓐⓜⓔⓛⓘⓐ Ⓡⓔⓘⓝⓗⓐⓡⓣ
User Image

The rebels took my family from me...

"I'm honestly surprised that they assigned me to the newest battle ship, but they did need a medic for the crew, as well as another combat pilot... this looks like the hallway leading to the briefing room."

The only sound that filled the hallway leading up to the Altair's briefing room was the clack of uniform boots as what appeared to be a silver haired child with two large pigtails tied with black ribbons walked down the hallway, a set of assignment papers clutched to her chest. Red colored eyes scanned the signs on the walls of the hallway, nodding slightly when they read that the briefing room was up ahead. Before the girl opened the door however to walk in, a small white mouse-like creature popped up from the left pocket of the girl's uniform coat, and scampered up her back, before flopping down on top of her bed.

"Alfred, you silly little AI... I guess you want to meet everyone at the same time I do huh?" The girl, Corporal Amelia Reinhart, younger sister of the famous 'Watchdog of Hell' Ashley Victoria-Wingates Reinhart, muttered softly, as she reached a hand up to pat the white mouse-like AI.

Alfred only nuzzled his face against Amelia's hand, letting his owner now that he was there for her, and Amelia took in a deep breath, before opening the door, and stepping inside. Instantly, she froze just a little when she saw there was already a small crowd, since they do say three is a crowd and all, and she quickly took a seat away from everyone else, obviously a bit nervous.

"Looks like I'm not the only one here who could be mistaken for a kid..." Amelia thought to herself, as she looked at Nise, hoping none of the people here would mistake her for a kid.

Several guards were going to be limping slightly from bruised shins for delaying Amelia, thinking she was a lost child... it was the reason she had shown up late after all.

... I'll fight so they won't take away anyone else's family!

Theme Song: Asgard
Battle Theme (On foot): Awe of She

Desirable Gekko

6,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
Captain Ichika Ishimura

"Well well, a secret eh? Sounds like fun to me." he said to Nisa when she told him that why she was there would be a secret. Ichika didn't really care either way. He was mostly just a bit curious was all. It wasn't long after that other people started to file into the room after him and Nisa. The next was some nameless boy who Nisa spared no moment in introducing the both of them to.

"Well, it certainly did feel like an interrogation." he said with a laugh. "It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Nameless guy. So, care to fill us in on that part?" Ichika said, asking for the guys name. Ichika was beginning to notice that a good portion of the crew seemed to be really young. This thought was only further solidified when a small girl with silver ponytails walked into the room, seemingly shy of the crowd.

"Well it looks like another of our compatriots have arrived! Now, I'm just wondering, but why the hell does everyone I've seen on this ship look like a kid? What happened to when adults were supposed to be the one's fighting?" Ichika asked, a question that was soon responded to by another person.

"That happens to be the state of the current world. Its sad, but that's just how things have become." the brown haired man said as he walked into the room. Everyone would immediately notice the Katana strung at his side. Not something you normally saw on a soldier in the military.

"Damn am I glad that there's someone else on this ship that doesn't look like a little kid... I was starting to feel old. What's your name? I'm Ichika Ishimura by the way." he said to the man, who leaned against the wall with his eyes closed and his arms across his chest.

"Ishimura... I see. So you're the Admiral's son. This will be interesting. My name is Sergeant Reiji Kaminari. Its a pleasure to meet all of you." the swordsman said. Anyone in the room that had kept up on recent events in the war would recognize this mans name. He had gotten himself the nickname of "Lightning Edge". He was actually the only one in the room with any prior military experience. The rest seemed to be fresh recruits.

User Image
Isamu Orochi

Isamu had a filcker of annoyance go across his face as they pelted him with his own question, he also didn't like the fact that the girl, Nisa, was stealing his spotlight, so he had to change that. As the flicker passed he leaned back a little put on a more serious face and said "My name's Isamu Orochi, and i'll soon be leading you all!"

At this point Isamu realized he was now standing on the chair with his fist raised above his head. As he climbed back down into sitting position with an embarrassed look on his face he said "Sorry about that. I get a little carried away sometimes." At this point, he paused you a second then added: "Oh yeah, and before any of you ask, I am seventeen."

Dangerous Spotter

User Image
Mali Ventes

Wondering the ship getting to know the place. She really had to avoid going into the engine room like she wanted. Of all things she was trying to avoid the meeting as long as possible. Mali knew she couldn't avoid people forever. Slowly she wrapped a hand around her right arm over where her tattoo was under the business jacket. Walking down the halls till she over hear a conversation going on from a room. Not able to get details but she presumed it was the meeting room.

Knocking on the door before lowering her left hand to open it. Slowly she entered and kept close to the wall. Waving lightly but not saying a word. At least till she was spoken to. She looked over the others in the room and from a quick guess she figured she was the oldest. Some looked young or were just short. Others were probably still only in their teens. Not sure what to expect from this new assessment. With any luck she could use some of the toys she helped test or better yet submit her self.

3,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Nisa Shiyazaki

Looking puzzled, Nisa said "I wasn't going to ask your age, Isamu. I don't know why I would've asked that in the first place." With a bit of extra thought she said. "If it's rude to ask for a women's age then, I thought it would be fair to give you the same privacy."

Nisa peered around the room, counting the heads. As she did so, she noticed a little girl sitting a sizable distance away from the group. "Kyaaaaa~" Nisa pounced upon Amelia, like a puma pounces on a baby deer. "You are the cutest little girl I've ever seen!!" Looking towards everyone whom she was just next to, she added. "Everybody you have to see how cute this little girl is!"

Unsealed Zealot

9,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Ⓐⓜⓔⓛⓘⓐ Ⓡⓔⓘⓝⓗⓐⓡⓣ
User Image

The rebels took my family from me...

"Sergeant Reiji Kaminari, the 'Lightning Edge' swordsman... my sister told me about him in one of her emails to me, and we have Admiral Ishimura's son who I really want to kick for calling me a kid, along with an idiot too young to be here, a hyperactive young girl, and an older looking woman who hasn't introduced herself yet... this will be a most interesting assignment..." Amelia thought to herself as she looked over the people who would soon be her comrades in arms for the next few months of years, depending on if war didn't kill any of them, or she didn't get reassigned.

She couldn't help but sigh when Isamu proclaimed that he would soon be leading them all, categorizing him as a hot headed fool who would probably get the snot beaten out of him in combat practice. However, as she was in thought, she didn't notice Nisa taking interest in her, and she turned to look at the blue haired girl the minute she uttered her cry, too late to stop Nisa from pouncing upon her, sending them both to the floor. If this was an anime, Amelia would have spirals for eyes like a knocked out pokemon from the sudden super-effective pounce, but she quickly regained her composure, and groaned as she struggled against Nisa's grip.

"Let me go damn you! I am not a little girl, I am Corporal Amelia Reinhart!" Amelia protested loudly, knowing that Reiji and Ichika would most likely recognize her last name due to the fame of her older sister Ashley.

As a response to Nisa tackling its master, Alfred, Amelia's mouse-like A.I. companion, quickly made its presence known by jumping on top of Nisa's head, ineffectually pawing at her head to try and get Nisa off of Amelia.

... I'll fight so they won't take away anyone else's family!

Theme Song: Asgard
Battle Theme (On foot): Awe of She

Desirable Gekko

6,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
Captain Ichika Ishimura

"Right... Whatever you say big guy..." he said in response to Isamu's sudden outburst. It was becoming quite obvious to him that the people on this ship would make an... interesting group of people to say the least. As Isamu continued speaking however Ichika chose to ignore what everyone else was doing at the moment. The boy had said something interesting. Actually he said something downright stupid.

"I see. So you are 17? Its actually kind of funny that you mention that. You know, since you need to be 18 to join the military." Ichika said, pointing out that Isamu had just given away the fact that he wasn't actually old enough to join the military. Ichika wasn't sure why he had said something like that with absolutely no provocation, but at this point he was just going to write the kid off as an idiot.

"So Mr. 17 years old, you gonna try to take back what you just said or try and make us be quiet about it?" he said, taunting the kid. Anyone paying attention would notice that Ichika seemed to be having fun messing with the kid. A lot of fun in fact. Not like you could really blame him. It wasn't often that you had someone like Isamu to patronize.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out