Resistance Rebel - Damn your system!! 0.17647058823529 17.6% [ 6 ]
Tinker - Creativity of tomorrow, with pay. 0.32352941176471 32.4% [ 11 ]
Government Spy - Outsiders have chrome!! 0.029411764705882 2.9% [ 1 ]
Unaligned 0.41176470588235 41.2% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 34 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Dapper Explorer

User Image

“Sorry, sorry,” he apologized, pulling his hands back even as she pulled away, ”My hand slipped. Are you alright?” Lucien seemed just as surprised as she had been so it obviously hadn’t been intentional and now seemed mortified to have made it worse even if it was only by a little. He knew quite well the sting of antiseptic – what Tinker didn’t? – and hadn’t been trying to make it worse. ”Again, I’m sorry, I won’t let it happen again,” he held his hand out for hers again, leaving the choice up to her whether to give it back or not for further treatment.

“As for where it was…” he grew thoughtful, it had been some time ago and though Lucien remembered the event clearly it took some recalling to get all the details, ”No, not near the entrance gate. I’d gotten through that easily enough, had all the requisite papers and everything.” And nobody had hassled him for the same papers they’d given Fix grief over today, further proving to him that neither official side in the city could really be deemed preferable. ”Not the lower south side either. Actually…it wasn’t far from here, near the fabric factory,” just their luck that the place fell into neither side’s jurisdiction, else it might have been easier to figure out what had happened. He wasn’t sure he completely believed Enor but it seemed she was being earnest so he’d give her the benefit of the doubt for now, ”And thank you, nothing particularly valuable was taken but some of it was sentimental.”

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

Oh , - - - - - - - -
                                          how this spring of love resembleth
xxxxxThe u η c э я ą i η glory of an ąpriℓ d a yxxx ❁ ❁

ωhich η ø ω shows ą ℓ ℓ beauty of the Suη

AndXXXX βy and βy XXX a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away

Enor returned her hand to him and nodded t his apology. It seemed he didn't mean to do it, and the face he made when he realized what happened only gave her more reason to trust this task to him. So, letting him once more work on her hand she only nodded and let a visible wince slide once in a while.

Now that she let him hold her hand, she thought of the fabric store and sighed a little. That would make things very difficult now. Getting the right day muchless who was around there though the paper work (for all really good and reliable organizations had lists and charts of who was supposed to be where and at what time. Now, where did she have those papers again....

A little one shoulder shrug was given and she moved closer to him so she did not have to extend her hand so far. After a while, her arm got tired and needed to rest on her knee. But now, she was close enough for Lucien's knees to be touching her own. She didn't realize this as she removed the hat from her head and let her hair fall down her back, all with the use of her good hand. She shook her hair out, tho a little flat in the front from wearing the bowler, she didn't mind too much. The tightness of her hair and that hat on her scalp did hurt enough to want to be removed so she could relax a bit more. A happy sigh passed her lips and Enor looked to Lucien, catching him staring at her ear. No doubt, the gold of her ear cuff had caught his attention. Gold was hard to come across in Paragon, much like clean water.

" Well....I can't promise i'll find them soon, but i'll do my best to make sure the items are returned. Sentimentalism is very important to me as well. Like this ear cuff. It used to be my grandmothers, then my mothers and now mine....Lucien...?"

Enor
                                                  W h I n t o n A n l e e l

User Image

Dapper Explorer

User Image

Lucien found his mouth suddenly dry as he realized how close Enor had gotten, enough so that he could smell the lavender and…mint? Interesting combination but it worked… from her shampoo. Or maybe it was a lotion… No. Time to board a different train of thought. He coughed slightly to clear his throat, giving himself a mental shake. This wasn’t the first time he’d been near a pretty girl – not by a long shot – so why it was taking him this way he didn’t know…maybe he was just tired. Yes, he’d buy that. ”Sorry. Again. And thank you, it means a lot to me,” he took his eyes from her ear, or rather her face, and concentrated on her hand again.

Taking it again Lucien examined the wound to make sure it was cleaned thoroughly, he didn’t want to find out later he had missed some dirt or something. Finding it clean he took two pads from the first aid kit, each trailing one half of a diode. Enor seemed a little confused as he put them on either side of the hole in her hand so he started explaining,
”Another aetheric device based off the design of another tinker,” he wished he could take credit for the entire idea but it wasn’t true and that wasn’t his way. The use of aether instead of electricity had been his idea – the use of that alternate form of energy being a specialty of his – but the rest of it not so much. Reaching once more into the kit he took out a soft leather band to which was attached a rigid device with a bit of a curve, obviously meant to sit on the back of the hand. ”I’m afraid it won’t be completely comfortable, and a bit itchy from the healing but you will find the hand usable by noon tomorrow, if not sooner. Sore, but usable.” As he spoke he attached the diodes to the micro generator before buckling it into place around her hand. It was a bit unwieldy but if it did what he said it could it would be worth the inconvenience.

It glowed faintly blue for a moment when he switched it on before it faded and Enor could feel a faint tingle starting up, as if her hand had fallen asleep and was suffering from pins and needles. Like Lucien had said, not comfortable but not terrible either.
”I will be needing the device back though, it’s the only one I’ve managed to make so far.”

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

Oh , - - - - - - - -

a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away

Lucien was getting slightly flustered by her being so close. Enor tried not to grin at that, for every woman knows a man with power (especially a skilled tinker) was hard to come by. She knew it was not in her to take advantage, but now that he was attracted to her, she felt like coming to him for certain issued would not be denied immediately. Giving a little flip of her hair off her shoulder, she leaned forward so that her elbows rested on her legs. It was indeed late, and she grew more tired at the night wore on. Forgetting the advantage she had over him with her scent alone, it would, no doubt, be that more fragrant to him since she now was slightly closer.

Although she didn't quite understand what he was doing at first, the explanation given was slightly a relief. Enor didn't know what to think of the feeling, so once the device started up. It tingled, felt funny, and had a bit of an itch as well. she didn't know if she should scratch or laugh. But regardless, it felt warm.

Enor decided to giggle none the less at the feeling.

She did not lean back or away, much less stand up. Her hand was taken care of, and she wanted to talk about the possibility of obtaining the three piece weapon once he was complete with it. A smile crossed her face, and she used her good hand to pat Lucien's knee.

" Thank you again for the assistance, Mister Lucien. I'll be sure to return this to you as soon as possible. Now....about that rifle. You said it needs to be worked on still, but once it is completed, what would you like in exchange for it? I realize this is too soon to be asking, but I do like to get my bids in early if possible. That is, unless you have qualms about selling it to me, knowing who and what I am in secret. Which bring me to another point...."

She leaned in closer, letting her good hand rest on Lucien's shoulder as Enor let her hurt hand stay on his lap. He moved towards her as well in order for her to whisper into his ear. Why he did not push her away, knowing she was an assassins and an un-trusted rebel according to his story, she didn't know. But it did help that she felt him go stiff under her gentle grasp.

" You know my secret, and you know my business....it is known publicly in a way, yes, but please let us keep this between ourselves none the less. I would hate to end a friendship that has yet to grow."

Enor

User Image

Dapper Pirate

11,300 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200

Azra strolled briskly through the city. Even at night it was not quiet. Various people bustled around. She eyed the city agents with a bit of sullen contempt. She took a deep breath and almost instantly regretted it. The smell of metal seemed to hang over the city like a fog. What she wouldn't give for some fresh air, she began to think, high above the clouds, with a thin breeze...She shook herself away from her thoughts as she neared Rusty's Tavern. Somewhat cheerful music drifted from the open door and spilled out onto the street. Azra gave a bit of a half smile and entered the tavern, accidentally bumping into a nondescript gentleman hovering by the door. She discreetly picked his pocket and apologized to the man, giving him a dazzling smile.

She made her way into the tavern and ordered herself a beer, paying for it with the mans money. As she reclined back a bit in her chair, she reminded herself that she would eventually have to get some form of job at some point, but for now she didn't care. Perhaps she would pay Victoria a visit tomorrow, she thought as she quickly downed her drink and ordered another. Their last meeting did not end particularly well, but then again it had been several years. Azra glanced around the tavern as her second drink arrived. She took a long slow sip as her eyes settled on a particularly well dressed man by the bar. She stared at him for a moment, analyzing him and trying to determine who he was. No doubt he was someone of influence in the city.

((still experimenting with colors and making a sort of post layout sweatdrop ))

Dapper Explorer

User Image

Lucien’s eyes shifted up to hers, immediately insulted at what she seemed to be implying, ”If you truly believe that I would suddenly have a change of heart and turn you in after helping you then you are gravely mistaken, Miss Anleel.” Brusquely brushing her hand off his shoulder he shifted his chair back and stood, gathering up the last of the first aid materials and putting them away with a loud click of the case. ”Recall, if you will, that it was aid freely offered, even knowing what I did of you and the situation; I have learned nothing new tonight to give me reason to go back on my actions,” tucking the kit under his arm he looked her over almost pityingly, ”And if that is what the world has taught you to expect then I am truly sorry.”

So saying Lucien went back to his workroom to put the first aid kit back in place before leaning against his work desk until he calmed down. It didn’t take long for him to regret speaking so sharply but he couldn’t apologize for it…that would mean he took it back and he still meant what he’d said. It was just Enor’s luck that she had inadvertently questioned his honor, one of the surest ways to get a harsh reaction from him. Sighing, he shook his head and returned to the other room.

He hadn’t been gone long and Enor was still in the seat where he’d left her, watching the fire. About to say something Lucien thought better of it and instead cleared his throat to get her attention,
”I’ll prepare the bed for you,” when she looked at him surprise was written plainly on her face after what he’d said moments ago. ”It’s after curfew,” he started, by way of explanation, ”And I do not care for your chances on the roofs with your hand the way it is. Therefore, if you will accept it you can take the bed tonight…I stay up most nights working anyway.”

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

Oh , - - - - - - - -

a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away

The moment he left the work shop, she regretted teasing him. Partially what she said was to see if the man was a snake in the grass, for that has happened more times then Enor cared to count. But with Lucien, it seemed like something was hit inside his mind that made him snap the way he did at her. So much for that, she mentally thought. Readying her mind for the journey back home, as well as flexing her hand to see if she could, in fact, take the roofs, her other hand reached for her forgotten bowler on the ground and placed it atop her head again, setting the hair pin in once more so it would not fly away in the night. However, his return to the work shop and his meaning to let her stay the night made her a little embarrassed.

She nodded and removed her hat once more. Enor did not stand or move yet, simply staring at him a moment before she smiled.

"...I appreciate it, thank you. "

It wasn't that she never stayed the night at a mans home before. But that was different. In her past, the men asked for more then just a few gentle touches and whispered sweet nothings. They had more carnal desires, and after a long battle with herself she decided to not get into that situation again. So, knowing a man was demanding her to remain at his home for the night, in a completely platonic way, was refreshing. Holding her hand out to him, she gave an apologetic smile.

"Forgive my words earlier. I did not intend to insult you. If you would allow me to make it up to you, I would appreciate it..."

Enor

User Image

Dapper Explorer

User Image

Lucien didn’t say anything for a time, staring at her thoughtfully as if parsing what she’d said for subtext before sighing and taking her hand, ”I apologize as well, I reacted too harshly though I hope you know now not to class me with the rest of the cads.” He was still holding her hand when he looked straight into her eyes, he wanted to make sure she understood this next bit, ”And I give you my word that on my honor, your secrets are safe with me,” he paused a moment to let it sink in before letting her hand go after giving it another light squeeze as if to seal the promise.

He left a moment to change the linens on his bed, since Lucien didn’t have many close friends he’d seen no reason to have a guest bedroom and instead used the spare as his workroom, but that only took a moment and he was back, taking the seat next to Enor’s before the fire. After offering her something to eat or drink – both of which she declined – the two spoke of random things for a while until they both realized that Enor was nearly asleep in her chair.
”You go ahead and go to sleep, Miss Anleel,” said Lucien, adding more wood to the fire, ”I’ll still be up for a while yet.” She nodded and was about to leave when he stopped her by speaking, ”And Miss…Enor, I believe you still have a chance to get your hands on the rifle should you still be interested when it’s done.”

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
Vinstrom Johnston
) Vinny (

Vinny waited until Enor's voice fell quiet. He heard a little shuffling yet, so one of them was awake. Considering the conversation, he guessed Enor was hurt, and now she was in the Tinker's room, likely going to sleep. Well, it was a good a time as any then.

He emerged from the shadowed niche he had stowed away in and went to the front door. A nice front door too. Not too eloquent, but not plain either. He knocked gently. Enough that it was heard, but not enough that it would be considered insistent. Unfortunately, it was heard by a passer-by. A nosy one too. The man turned to Vinny and started moving towards him, spouting some nonsense about him being 'up past his bed time'. Vinny glared at the man; his silver eye showing a small glint from the light. The man froze in his tracks and turned visibly--even in the dim light--ghost-like. Before Vinny could bother to say anything, the man stumbled away as fast he could. Almost got a chuckle out of the mechanical man. He turned back to the door and gently knocked twice more.

Dapper Explorer

User Image

After Enor had left Lucien settled in for a bit of thinking in front of the fire. Finding her tonight had given him some things to think about; not least of which was whether or not it perhaps hadn’t been Rebels that had mugged him a couple years ago. He’d been sure at the time but that was at least in part because he’d been naïve and trusting at the time…perhaps he’d been too quick to accept the official story. No, for now he would stick with the first interpretation until empirical evidence was presented that proved otherwise. The scientific method hadn’t proven him wrong yet. All the same, he was inclined to give Enor the benefit of the doubt…

His mind had just started to wander when the knock at the door surprised him out of his reverie. Nobody was expected this late – he’d had no other jobs to complete – heck, nobody was supposed to be out this late at all. Lucien looked at the carriage clock on the mantle and saw it was already gone midnight. Curfew had arrived quite a while ago. That only really left Agents and if they were out knocking at doors tonight… Rising silently he crossed to the door and peered out through the eyehole. Reality was even stranger than what he had expected; it was the man with the broken smile from Ruzty’s earlier that day whose name he hadn’t caught. What could he be doing here now? Leaving the chain on he opened the door just wide enough to see the man,
“Yes? Can I help you?”

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
Vinstrom Johnston
) Vinny (

Vinny was more in luck than he thought. Or, he'd definitely hoped he was in luck. Then again, the voice had thrown him off. Had he not payed attention back at the bar? Must have been the way the house was made. No matter. He stood with his hands clasped together in front of him. "I was hoping so. To be honest, I wasn't sure who lived here. I guess I got lucky. I saw the piece you made for that man earlier tonight. I wanted to applaud the workmanship, and the man that made it. And..."

He paused for a moment. Why was this always so hard? It was like asking him for a job...then again, Vinny did the jobs, not request them. "And maybe commission a job. Your workmanship is amazing, that I can already see. I was hoping that you might be interested in a piece I have that needs some maintenance.. I can provide coin or services in payment, if necessary." At that particular moment, a small click, then a twang was heard. "Ok, it seems to need repair. Just my luck. If I'm intruding on something, I can wait 'til morning?"

Aged Genius

((sorry, was busy, I'll post soon))

Dapper Explorer

User Image

Lucien didn’t say something for a while as he considered the other man. That he wouldn’t say what it was that needed repairing was suspect but as he’d noted before most people that came to him could adequately be labeled as “suspicious bastards”…not that he’d be inclined to say so out loud. When no more information seemed to be forthcoming he sighed and temporarily entertained the idea of just closing the door and crashing on the couch but some small part of him was intrigued despite himself, ”...One moment.” So saying, he closed the door and undid the chain before opening it again so the other man could come inside.

The flattery had been unnecessary all told, and had nearly gotten the door closed on the newcomer but above all else Lucien was keen to find new tech – or at least new to him – and he’d thought that something about the man now entering his house was off. Not off in a disgusted way but not natural and that promised something new.
”I am afraid I can make no guarantees about my abilities where it concerns this item of yours but I am willing to try. But first,” he offered his hand to the man, “Lucien Arceneau, as I believe you heard at Ruzty’s. I don’t believe I ever caught your name.”

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
Vinstrom Johnston
) Vinny (

Vinny stepped into the entryway and gave his hand, ensuring a firm shake. "Vinstrom Johnston, at your service. However, I go by Vinny, as that's how I'd like the world to see me." He then proceeded to remove his left hand glove and reveal the mechanical hand beneath. It was intricate, but extremely well made.

The hand was shaped as though from a mold. It had a palm, it had knuckles, and it had no visible innards. Vinny grabbed the back of the wrist and in a quick movement, removed the hand. Now, innards were visible. Nothing extremely small, so the equipment was not delicate, but not large as to take away space of mobility. The hand was modular, however. Upon separation, the hand was completely detached. A number of gear heads were visible in the wrist, giving some notion as to how the hand worked. Early inspection would show that the thumb was not working correctly. Any other inspection would show that the hand was in dire need of maintenance. The hand was well taken care of, but time still held sway over it.

Vinny hid the rest of his wrist under the jacket he wore. "That is but the first piece, and the one in most need of care. If you can help, I'd like work on the rest as well."

Dapper Dabbler

(( No rush flakenstein)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas