Government Spy - Outsiders have chrome!! 0.029411764705882 2.9% [ 1 ]
Unaligned 0.41176470588235 41.2% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 34 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
Vinstrom Johnston
) Vinny (

Vinny watched the exchange, and the following fear. Two thousand was insane, for only being without papers. The poor kid likely hadn't even been here that long either. His eyes narrowed a little as he went over the the details of what he had seen of the paper, and what the man looked like. The seal on the paper hadn't looked right, but then again the official seal changed a lot. Blasted government liked to change it a lot. Threw off anyone who tried to find a 'loophole' in the system. Any who went to court thinking the seal was unofficial tended to find that it was very quickly and given a second bill to pay on top of the first.

Vinny sighed. This wasn't how he'd expected to spend his day. It was meant to be a quiet one. "The papers will be the easy part. It's the bill we should be most worried about. Enor, I can help you out a little with that. I'll be damned if I'm going to let one of his sort ruin my day." He got up from the table and stuck his hand inside his jacket. As he got to the bar, he pulled out ten coins. All platinum. If the conversion was still the same, as that had likely not changed, this was worth 1000 gold coins. "I was going to use these for some new parts, but the parts will have to wait." He should have enough to get the parts he needed in a few days anyway. His services tended to be high paying, from time to time.

Enduring Codger

4,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Fix's Location: The Rusty'z
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I looked between those speaking to me. So much attention yet again. I supposed I would take their statements one at a time. Enor was willing to help me with the costs, but unsure of how the paperwork would go. The stranger with the off smile and the theater woman were in a similar position, it seemed. I would pay them all back, of course. Once I got situated. But their generosity was useful. Then there was the newest stranger. A Tinker, it seemed, as his gaze on my glove implied. I accepted the handshake easily, my grip firm, but tentative nonetheless. I heard him out, then nodded. A fellow Tinker would provide some much needed guidance. And to be honest, part of my reasoning for spending such a great deal of time in this bar had been to see if I couldn't run into a fellow.
"Much appreciated, Lucienne. I could really use the mentorship, if you don't mind, that is."
I gave him a slight bow then, looking to the other three before I spoke once more.
"And thank you all for helping me with this bureaucratic nonsense. I will pay you all back once I get situated here in town."
That man who had accosted Enor crossed my mind again, and I began to ponder the possible political states of the city. It didn't seem to be the case that the city was peaceful. Things like verification papers generally existed in societies that were having problems with immigration. This paired with the rumors I had heard about this place led me to guess that they had a problem with people seeking their tech. I would have to be careful as I made to make a place for myself in my new home. Perhaps I could open a store. Land in a place like this might actually be reasonably cheap.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

Oh , - - - - - - - -
                                          how this spring of love resembleth
xxxxxThe u η c э я ą i η glory of an ąpriℓ d a yxxx ❁ ❁

ωhich η ø ω shows ą ℓ ℓ beauty of the Suη

AndXXXX βy and βy XXX a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away

Her relation was the first to give her a charity hand out. That's not what it was, but that's what it came down to in some unavoidable way. So, unable to reject the offer in words, she gave Adie a look that said ' no thank you.' Enor was proud, not too proud where she could not be humble, but when it came to her own concerns, she dealt with them alone and with her own efforts. Her cousin had came to her in dire drastic emergencies, and Enor was only too glad to help as she could. But Adie grew up with a mother, people to lean on. Enor had no one till she was over 18. It seemed that people generally hid what they were missing well enough to finction in society. Enor included.

It was after the other tinker to gave out his name that her attention was pulled once more from Fix to the other male, the one with the awkward smile. He set two silver coins on the bar and she stared at them. It was a blatant punch into her face. A secret agent, here in her tavern and pretending he was someone else. Only now, that she looked at the expensive and expansive work on his body did it all suddenly make sense. Looking to the coins on the bar again, she did not bother to touch them as she replied to him with such hidden malice behind her eyes that her words came out almost like a hiss...

" I'd not touch a thing you offered me if it was going to save my life, mister. Now if you'd do yourself a favor and leave before I remove you myself....Adie, a word in my office with Mister Fix and you too, Mister Arceneau..."

Enor
                                                  W h I n t o n A n l e e l

User Image

Dapper Explorer

User Image

Lucien had been stymied for a moment at Fix’s words. He hadn’t been meaning for his explanation to come out as an offer and he had been about to say as much when the other gentleman had stepped in with his help in paying the fine which had drawn a rather curious reaction from the tavern owner. He thought he’d been in town long enough to get a handle on what was going on with the factions in the city but this was something new if Enor’s reaction to the Paragon agent was anything to measure by. Everyone knew of course where her loyalties lay though there was never any proof. His own dislike of the Rebels as a whole notwithstanding he’d never had anything against her personally and had come to respect her in time.

When she asked…no ordered, the three of them to her office it seemed he was committed though. Not that he minded the responsibility per se, he had no major paying projects at the moment and so had time to spare. That and the gloves bore further study if this “Fix” didn’t mind… though Lucien was curious he’d never force another Tinker to share their secrets if they didn’t want to. Though that would do little to stop him from contemplating how it was made.

Finishing off his glass of wine he set it on the counter and stood before doffing his hat and giving a small bow to the seated woman,
“Ladies first,” he said, offering her a hand down from her stool. It never occurred to him that it could be taken as ironic or condescending; it was simply how he’d been brought up. Just because here were probably plenty of women out there who were his better in combat was no reason not to be a gentleman. It had gotten him in trouble before but fortunately not this time as she took the offered hand and stepped down. "Thank you," came her reply as she moved to follow Enor to her office.

Dapper Dabbler

(( Waitin on upbeat. =3 one more day and i'll keep goin with the shenanigans ))

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
Vinstrom Johnston
) Vinny (

Vinny nearly fell over in shock. Why would she refuse his gift of...oh. The platinum. Still marked. BLAST IT. He should have known she'd react that way. He should have melted the coins ages ago. Enor would never trust him, and now he was off to a bad start.

After a thought, he wondered why she refused so heavily. Must be a part of the resistance if she reacted like that. Oh dear...that agent... This could only go from bad to worse. His gut told him to leave, but something kept him staring at the coins. He waited until the four were in Enor's office, away from him. "Forgive me for that," he said to no one in particular. He then proceeded to pick up each coin and bend them in half, one by one, until all looked like only half a coin. These coins would no longer be recognized by the government, but the platinum would still hold it's value. Maybe she could sell them on the black market, or to a Tinker. They were always looking for some extra platinum.

He took a small cloth and place the coins under it and on top of the table he'd been sitting at. He then overturned a cup and placed it on top of the cloth, signifying a tip. Hopefully she'd not throw the coins out. They were valuable, regardless who's hands they were in.

Enduring Codger

4,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
Fix's Location: A back room in Rusty'z.

I yawned and followed the rest of them into the side room, glancing about as I took in the scenery. It was a nice little room, and once we were all inside, I began to wonder what this was about. The need for privacy could either be born from a need to kill us, which I doubted considering one of the group was her friend. Unless she was in on it. That was less than desirable. Otherwise, it was simply because she wanted to talk to us about something that she didn't want public. That was also a likely option, given the political climate of this place, provided I was correct in my earlier assumptions. Nevertheless, I waited for her to speak, watching her carefully, keeping myself ready in case she decided to go for that first option, though I doubted I could handle two opponents with any ease. Seeing that the quiet was beginning to dominate the room, I finally spoke up, a little tentatively.
"What's this about?"
I was curious, of course, about her adamant refusal of the man with the broken smile, but I hadn't looked carefully at the coins, so they could easily have been marked or something. I didn't know, but I wasn't interested in getting myself involved in any sort of political dispute if I could help it. On the other hand, having allies on either side of the fight would be somewhat valuable. In that case, though, I was more inclined to work with whoever was feeding me. That said, food was just food, and not usually worth having to sacrifice my neutrality. If I could, I would stay out of the conflicts.

[[OOC: I was waiting on Matakor! D: ]]

Eloquent Lunatic

I will rise into eternity...

)( OOC: My apologies Upbeat. Some shenanigans involving work and some new furniture have kept me from being reliable recently. >.< )(

...and eternity will crumble before me.

Enduring Codger

4,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
[[No worries! I don't mind waiting. I just prod my other RPs until they get moving. xD Take all the time you need. Now to annoy Hobo into posting. for both this and our 1v1 RP... ]]

Eloquent Lunatic

)( o,o ...*attempts to butt-in to 1v1* )(

Dapper Explorer

(OOC: If you figure out how to get that to happen, Upbeat, please let me know.)

Enduring Codger

4,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
[[ I have her phone number. I just keep texting till she texts back. ouo ]]

Eloquent Lunatic

)( She's offline at the moment. She'll likely be busy with family stuffs. )(

Dapper Dabbler

(( Ya guys, i'm busy with baking and doin my street performances!!! Its a good corner....=3 ))

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

Oh , - - - - - - - -
xxxxxThe u η c э я ą i η glory of an ąpriℓ d a yxxx ❁ ❁

ωhich η ø ω shows ą ℓ ℓ beauty of the Suη

AndXXXX βy and βy XXX a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away

Though she did think twice about her actions a moment ago to the man with the awkward smile, mainly because so many were around to witness her reaction, she did not like to lose her cool in front of those she worked with. Much less her guests. None the less, it was her cousin Adie, Mr Fix and the other tinker. Now that they were in her fathers old office, the furnishings still the same after so many years, she sat at her desk and pulled out a bottle of water. Only it wasn't something one just got from the local shops. It was something from outside the city, something rare even for the city officials of paragon themselves. But a rebel does have her way about these things.

Taking the bottle to the coffee table in the middle of what looked like a meeting area complete with large wing-backed chairs all around it, she set it down and motioned to it for anyone. There were clean cups on the table as well, so those that wished for water, good clean water that is, was able to enjoy a glass should they chose to.

" My apologies for being rude a moment ago, but these are things that cannot be said even around my guests. So, we all wish to do what we can for Mister fix here. If you, Lucien, can provide the papers for him, Adie and I can pay the fine. In way one way or another, these things cannot go without repayment. Nothing you do not wish to do, but simple requests like....can you fix an old sexton? It used to be my fathers, but it broke last week and I have no idea who to being it to...."

Enor
                                                  W h I n t o n A n l e e l

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out