Government Spy - Outsiders have chrome!! 0.029411764705882 2.9% [ 1 ]
Unaligned 0.41176470588235 41.2% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 34 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
Vinstrom Johnston
) Vinny (

He chuckled at the statement. "Friend, right. Well, it's across the street outside and through that adjoinin' alley there. Once your through the alley, you're on Cog street. Fairly quick, if I do say so myself."

Vinny had enough of watching for now. He leapt from coop and landed on the hardwood floor, making quite a thud. Oddly, the floor barely noticed the sudden weight change. He headed straight for the door, but stopped momentarily to glance at the bartender, then left.

The tension rose almost immediately once Vinny left. Although the bar didn't get quiet, everyone suddenly seemed on edge. The bartender was also tense now. "Miss, once Vinny leaves, this place becomes a pack of caged wild animals. They might have just been fed, but they have no need to pass up extra meat in their path. Best you follow him out the door before you end up hurt. When he's in, the place is safe. He don't stand for anything when he's here. Once he leaves, I have little control. He'll make sure you get to Cog street." His eyes seemed oddly wide, as though he were genuinely concerned for the girl's safety. "Go on, girl."

Dapper Pirate

11,300 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200

Azra opened her mouth, about to protest, despite his warning. She could handle herself. She glanced up and noticed the urgent look in his eyes. It almost sent a chill of fear down her spine.

"Thanks for the drink." She said with a quick nod as she pulled her coat around her and headed towards the door. She could feel the tension rising. Someone at the table near the door shouted something at his companion, who stood up suddenly, knocking into the table. Their drinks spilled onto the table and dripped onto the floor, which was met with a another unison of shouts. Azra slipped quickly through the door, leaving the uproarious bar behind her.

Perhaps she was wrong, this part of town was not as good of a fit for her as she thought. Then again, neither was the theater district. She didn't really fit in either part. She stepped out onto the street and took a breath to compose herself. She glanced up and suddenly realized that the mechanical bouncer was standing there, staring at her with metallic eyes.

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

Oh , - - - - - - - -
                                          how this spring of love resembleth
xxxxxThe u η c э я ą i η glory of an ąpriℓ d a yxxx ❁ ❁

ωhich η ø ω shows ą ℓ ℓ beauty of the Suη

AndXXXX βy and βy XXX a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away

The long hot bath was nice. Enor felt no rush, thought the day was wearing on, and even despite the fact she would most likely have to wear the items she came in with, she could not pull herself from the shower too soon. Who didn't love a nice hot soak once in a while? No rush, no one waiting on you on the other side of the door or barking that work had to be done. Mainly, it was herself telling herself these things needed to be done, no one ordered her around back at the Ruzty's. But that didn't seem to matter much right now. Enor was taking a hot bath and it was her birthday...

A little under an hour later, she removed herself from the luk-warm water and pulled on the robe Lucien had mentioned before. Towel drying her hair as she walked out, her bare clean feet softly patted along the floors back to his room. The door was closed, so this time she was the one to know and await a response.

" The bath is free now if you wish to bathe as well..."

Enor
                                                  W h I n t o n A n l e e l

User Image

Dapper Explorer

User Image

There was no response from the other side of the door so after waiting a while and knocking again Enor finally pushed it open only to find Lucien nowhere about. The tinker had considered for a moment getting a bit more sleep once it became clear Enor intended to take her time in the bath but, as they so often did, his thoughts turned to his current project. Grabbing his change of clothes he headed downstairs, pausing for a moment to see what book she had been reading before he’d woken up.

Careful to keep her place he picked it up and frowned. Not because he didn’t want her reading it but because apparently he’d been getting careless. This book, and the others like it, weren’t supposed to be sitting in his living room where people like Theodore could see them; Lucien was just lucky the agent had been distracted at the time. The content wasn’t objectionable, what got the Paragon’s panties in a knot was that they were outside material though even the government didn’t seem aware of how “outside” they were. He’d taken them as payment from a rather strange character who’d claimed to be from another reality though that could have been drugs talking. To be honest Lucien still wasn’t sure if Captain Kidd – as he had named himself – was a very pretty young man or an androgynous girl, he hadn’t felt it his place to ask. Either way, he’d never seen the good captain again.

Shaking his head Lucien put the book down and headed for his workroom, he’d had another idea regarding Vinny's hand and was curious if it would work. If so it would make upkeep simple enough that the man could largely do it for himself, cutting down the necessity of seeking out another tinker so soon. Or himself, if he thought about it – which he didn’t. It never really did occur to the tinker that repairing things so they would be less likely to break cut down on his business, all he wanted to do was to try out new ideas. Putting down his change of clothes by the door he moved around the room pulling out the things he’d need before sitting down at his desk.

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
Vinstrom Johnston
) Vinny (

Vinny nearly glared the poor girl down when she walked out. "Not too smart to be walking around this side of the street. I'll let you plead ignorance this time because you're new to the area, but it likely won't fly later. The only reason that bar is ever quiet is because I'm in there." Vinny proceeded to gently tap his good fist into his chest, giving a metallic thud. Not a clink, like most armor would, but a thud. Only quality metal would give a good thud. It wasn't armor, though. Vinny was moving too agile for it to be only armor.

"Now then, lets get you to Cog street before the bar follows you. You'd be surprised how often that happens to some people." He turned and headed for the street, making a dead bee-line for the next alley. If the girl was smart, she'd keep up. A few characters were in the street, but they tended to keep to the sides of the street, leaving the center open and exposed. A few noises here and there, but mostly just the pitter-patter of feet in the dirt.

Aged Gaian

User Image

"How Can The Foolish Learn? If There Is Only Me To Teach Them."

The Morning Dusk was a dockside Inn and Tavern. A place where there were only local customers and newcomers were rarely glanced, on the edge of the industrial side of Paragon city. The Government never looked in Inn's such as this, these were places that the lower class came for a cheap meal, bed, or a drink to ease their hardships. There was eight circular tables arranged in a circle, being overlooked by a top floor that contained a variety of beds and separate rooms for the more well paying consumer. A long bar stretched in the dominant part, directly in front of the door where what seemed like thousands of bottles of assorted wines and whiskeys, polished to perfection and arranged impeccably. Less remarkable was the man behind the bar, cooking a pair of eggs for a factory worker that had scrounged up a few copper. He had a scarred face, red hair and unshaven stubble, carrying himself like a man who was slightly drunk and seemingly aloof and easy. This man was Reshi Ishirin, The Crimson Blade. The worlds prior most deadly mercenary for a short span of years, long in the past and forgotten except for stories and rumors.

"Oi, Reshi! Dem' eggs on the hurry already?"

A faint smile on the fiery haired man, "Just a minute, there's no rush here, ay'?" His voice was a rich baritone that bordered on arrogant, if in the right company. Flipping the eggs in the skillet, they were expertly slid onto a thick wooden plate and slid down the bar to a large bearded man who raised a mug of ale in cheers, "Gods Reshi, if more people knew about yer' food and drank, dis' place would be packed tighter den' a young maidens bodice! WAHAHA!" Reshi laughed along side the man, good natured, it was a pleasant sound that many found tolerable. "If I had too many customers, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the company of my favored customers, Rhino." The huge man named Rhino shrugged, "Ay, I respect yer' choices Reshi but it's a miracle dis' place is worth da' middle class digs and yer' out here next to da' docks and da' fish smell."

A chuckle, "I enjoy the smell of the ocean actually, it reminds me of my younger days, ay'?" The red head produced a rag and began polishing the scrubbed wooden counter, "It's too violent in the center city for me anyway, with the rebellions and such causing such a mess. I almost got my hands cut off when I went shopping for a new supply of barrels last quarter-age." Rhino laughed, "Tah! With dat' blade ya' always have strapped ta' yer side, I'm amazed any-un would tangle with da' likes of you." He took a fork full of eggs ravenously, chewing with his eyes twinkling from the mass of his beard and eyebrows. "This sword is simply a souvenir I found on my travels, all it does is dissuade potential enemies, curse the gods the day I have to use it." More laughter, shared by a patron and his customer, followed by chuckles from the regular sailors who frequented the Morning Dusk.

Dapper Pirate

11,300 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200

Azra rolled her eyes as he walked away from her. She didn't like being talked down to like that. What made him so important that he could calm an entire bar? Actually, what made everyone feel the need to mention it? She shook her head slightly and hurried after him, keeping in step with his quick pace.

"Can I ask for your name?" She asked, frankly. She realized that he must be wearing some sort of armor. What would he do that would call for a full body suit of armor? He was walking so quickly, and the knock has given sort of a hollow sounding thud. It must be heavy. But it was...hollow? How much of him was metal?

((sorry it's not longer, bit of a writer's block))

Dapper Dabbler

(( due to the fact I have over time at work, i'm gonna let you guys play it out a bit longer and then we'll move it to the minor plot point that will build into the larger one later, so be ready!!!))

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

Oh , - - - - - - - -
xxxxxThe u η c э я ą i η glory of an ąpriℓ d a yxxx ❁ ❁

ωhich η ø ω shows ą ℓ ℓ beauty of the Suη

AndXXXX βy and βy XXX a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away
                                                                  a cloud takes all away

There was no answer.

Enor opened the door a bit and peeked inside. Lucien was no where to be seen, hence why she sighed and pulled the robe around herself a bit tighter. She now knew that the tinker was, more then likely, down at his study. Which meant going down stairs in nothing but a robe to keep her covered. It would take a good ten minuets for her to decide to leave the safety of his bed room to return down stairs. She had been compromised once before, and to be seen like this would be worse, if not even more so.

A long sighing groan passed her lips and she once more descended the stairs. Hair still damp and the cool air from the winter season wrapped around her legs so she shivered in the plush robe.

Once down stairs, she peeked beyond the railing a little to make sure the front door was closed and scurried across the room to the work room. The door was slightly ajar, and inside she could hear the tap-tap of a quill moving and the mutterings of someone whispering to them selves. It had to be Lucien. And he was working....

Should she bother him once more?

".....Maybe not as of yet....where is that book...."

Enor
                                                  W h I n t o n A n l e e l

User Image

Dapper Explorer

User Image

It took another good ten or fifteen minutes before Lucien realized that the house was too quiet for Enor to still be in the bath. Laying down the quill – it was curious how frequently his pens disappeared just when he was looking for them – he stretched and stood before tucking away the notes he’d just made into a nondescript folder on the desk. After making sure everything was where it should be he picked up his change of clothes and was on his way upstairs when he saw Enor curled up in his armchair and reading once more.

For half a moment he considered jokingly offering her the chair as a gift, considering her habit of gravitating towards it, but decided against it considering the inconvenience. However…seeing her there again did give him an idea for what he would get her. He hadn’t been thinking for long but Lucien snapped out of his reverie to realize that Enor was watching him curiously,
“I’ll just go clean up and we can head out whenever you’re ready,” he said, “Shouldn’t be but a minute.”

Getting a nod he headed upstairs to the bathroom, finishing in far less time than Enor had, and within another fifteen or so minutes he was tying off his ascot and tucking it into his shirt. There wasn’t much he could do about damp hair except pull it back. Figuring that it was as good as it was going to get on a time limit he headed back downstairs to see what Enor had figured out by way of clothing for their little excursion; after all, though it might have been good for the trip back to Ruzty’s a cloak or coat would hardly cut it for a whole shopping trip.

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
Vinstrom Johnston
) Vinny (

He visibly slowed as they reached the next alley, although he didn't seem to become any less agitated than he was. "Name's Vinny. I'm probably the only guy in that bar that doesn't mind answering questions, by the way. If you have any other questions, feel free to fire them at me until we get you to your place, or where ever you are going." Leaving the conversation open, he kept to a slow pace. Odd that the street would be something to move quickly across, but the alley would necessitate slow pace.

For the most part, the alley was empty. One cat ran across the path, but nothing more seemed to move. The air was even still here. Nothing actually seemed to be in the alley at all. It was as if the place were meant to be empty, or simply avoided at all cost...

Dapper Pirate

11,300 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200

"How long have you been in Paragon?" Azra asked, relaxing a bit more. She had never been down this alley before, or at least not that she could remember. She noticed that their pace has slowed, but thought nothing of it.

"What kind of metal are you made out of?" Azra asked, curious. Her hand was made out of a cheap copper alloy that didn't erode. Her goal was to rebuild it with better materials, but it didn't seem as though she could afford to any time soon. She wanted to ask him what happened to his body, but she would let him answer the other questions first. She had heard of people who had added mechanical parts to their bodies to help them be stronger, but she felt that this was not the case. Besides, people, no matter how open, usually were hesitant to answer questions like that. She would make her way around to asking it, but not yet.

It seemed that they were alone in the alley. It was somewhat of a relief, she felt like she was never alone in this huge city. That thought gave her a slightly uneasy feeling, why would they be alone now of all times? She brushed her uneasiness aside.

"Oh, I'm Azra by the way," Azra said with a slight smile.

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
Vinstrom Johnston
) Vinny (

Even Vinny seem to lighten a little. Conversation was good. Would keep the rabble off. "I've been here as long as I remember. Far as I know, I was born here. As for my body, about half of me is metal, though not likely any you'd be familiar with. Not even the doc would tell me anything more than it was an alloy he'd made. It's held up fairly well, and likely will for the next twenty years or so. It's the joints you have to worry about. Smaller pieces usually fail first. I'd keep that in mind, were I you." They were about halfway through the alley now, and it still seemed too quiet. They'd likely get through without incident, but one could never be too sure, especially in Paragon.

Vinny strided forward, but didn't look back. Couldn't here. Meant you were uneasy. Uneasy meant target to the life here. This type were odd. Strong, but odd. They'd run in with Vinny a few times, but let him go because they were 'in a good mood'. Vinny had supposed that was good enough, but it was more likely that they didn't want to get pounded by a 40lb fist to the face. Nobody liked a 40lb fist in the face.

Dapper Pirate

11,300 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200

"Believe me I know," Azra said with a bit of a laugh. "One tiny screw or hinge or something will come undone, and then a whole finger no longer works. And of course it's so small you won't be able to find it." She shook her head slightly. "And of course affording a tinker is out of the question, so I'd just have to go and try to make a new screw without the use of one of my thumbs." She laughed because it was the truth. Tinkers, the good ones at least, were far to expensive. She could fix it just as well as they could, it might just take a little longer. Expensive and fast or cheap and slow. That was always the trade off.

They were nearing the end of the dark alley. Something was a bit off about it. But she couldn't quite place what it was.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to you? I mean, my hand here got cut off in a sword fight. I still won though," She said with a bit of smirk.

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
Vinstrom Johnston
) Vinny (

Vinny chose to stay silent for a moment more. As they left the alley, fortunately without incident, he spoke up. "I lost much of myself to a chemical fire while working for a tinker. He felt bad and decided to fix me up as payment. To be honest, the replacements are better than the organic limbs, minus the fact that they can't heal themselves. Of course, being a tinker, he took many liberties with the new 'toy' he'd acquired. He tested many new ideas on me, and more than a few failed miserably. Nonetheless, he managed to put me back together, and surprisingly well at that." Vinny shared the sentiment that tinkers were too expensive, but once one feels he owes you his life, and many things suddenly become free. Best to leave that out of conversation, however. Many tinkers do anything they can to not end up in that position.

"Now then, it seems we're in the clear and on Cog Street. Without incident, to boot." Vinny stood there for a moment, to see if Azra needed to head anywhere else. If not, he'd be on his way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff