Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

ERASER PROJECT OO3
Valerie Maci Piper. . . . . . . . . . . .

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

And so it begins...
╔════════════════════════════════╗

Valerie's morning had gone like most mornings in the past few years, it started out, waking up and putting on the black (or so she assumed that was the color) uniforms. It wasn't necessary, but she liked to look as much like others as she could. It took the attention away from her two disabilities; her heart and colorblindness. The sleek, tight, and quite flattering black dull leather slid comfortably over her body, and she pulled her shirt over her heart monitor, basically a box attached to her hip. From there, she would go to the cardiologist Itex had hired specifically for her and be written off to train after about ten minutes of tests.

It was here that the most interesting things happened. Valerie made her way into her training room, the floor was taken out so she'd have direct contact with the earth. Today it was set up like a typical forest, three small cabins laid in various positions of her room. She looked down at her watch which also briefed her on her mission.

Mission:
-Get to cabin(s) unnoticed
-Determine target versus innocent people
-Destroy target without drawing too much attention from surrounding cabin(s)
-Acquire Itex captive

Her watch brought up pictures of the targets, there were three. One was a male snake, human hybrid with yellow eyes and sharp teeth, the send was a failed Random Generation female whose beauty far surpassed a normal human being who had the ability to let off a sonic scream, and the third was a male human being that was heavily armed with guns and weapons. Too easy. Valerie pressed her heart monitor's adrenaline release button twice and then crossed her arms, burrowing under the ground, swiftly finding herself to the first cabin(still under the earth). Not the target. She continued to the second cabin and this was the correct cabin.

After luring one of the targets out with a few thrown rocks to the door, having them come out onto the ground, she crushed each one with a boulder, pushing them under the soil, it looked as if they had just disappeared. One after one, she had done this until all targets were accounted for and she rescued the Itex scientist whom looked terrified. She carried him on her back until he lashed out and began to hit her, it didn't hurt but it pissed her off. She flung him on the ground and then used her earth bending powers to fling him against a tree, knocking him out. She walked over and grabbed his hand, dragging him to the exit. With that last bit of energy, she collapsed when her heart monitor started going off, she pressed the button once more, then taking deep breaths, she stood up and walked through the exit doors.

"Congratulations Ms. Piper." A scientist spoke with a slight smirk, "Maybe next time you could be a little more interesting" Valerie gave the scientist the bird, "As long as I do my mission I am successful, my methods are not flawed so you can kiss my a**." She walked out, pushing the metal door open into the hallway. She was about five minutes late for briefing, but rarely did people make it on time anyhow. She hurried and pushed open the door, only seeing Arianna. She was what you would call a heartless b***h in kinder terms. In fact though, she was what the team needed. Her and Stella both were the picture perfect Elites. Valerie was flawed, no one knew about her colorblindness except the leader, but the heart monitor was something she couldn't hide.

Valerie sat at the table, looking at Arianna, "Hopefully for once we will go on an actual mission, not just stupid "team updates" s**t." She added air quotations around "team updates" and rolled her eyes. She was ready to get on the field for once. Valerie tapped her fingers on the table impatiently. She looked at the map that was up in front of the room, there was an X in the middle of a forest. What point does that deserve? She avoided Arianna's eyes as much as she could, Valerie knew she was among the many that disapproved of her being on the team.

OOC: I didn't know how to interact much! Valerie is slightly intimidated by here, can you tell?

╚════════════════════════════════╝
And so it ends.
User Image
. . . . . . . . . . . .ɑvianna ʁose_____________

R e a d i l y I stand on that hiiigh-up balcony, looking around
A loud 'fwip', I feel the s e c u r i t y of these odd appendages
Such◄ a long way down, I just smile and j˟u˟m˟p
»R u f f l i n g can be heard as the wind catches (me)

Crying. Weakness. Crying meant weakness. Crying in Itex meant beating until you stopped, bloodied and bruised, nearly impossible not to cry due to the pain. Avianna wasn't being beaten, why was she crying? Why was she being weak. Shortly after beginning, she wiped her tears away and not another one fell. The thought of her family being tortured killed her inside. Looking up at Cato, she frowned, I need to be more like him. He wouldn't cry in this situation.

Avianna let loose her grip on Cato and backed out of his embrace, looking at the trees she had uprooted in anger. She could have easily already doomed her family, how could I have been so stupid? Avianna stated her idea of a plan, she knew it wasn't the best, but it would have to do. Cato listened patiently as she spoke, taking in each word and thinking hard about the choice. Even though he said nothing at first, she could tell what was going on inside his mind.

Cato stated that they would never be able to come back to the house. He was right. Avianna paced back and forth through the grove impatiently, having to make a decision that can affect the entire crew was frightening, but they all knew it had to be done. "So, we need to go get anything we can into a backpack and leave. No turning back. Not now, not ever." She paused her movements, looking at mountains in the distance. Maybe until Winter, we can hide in the mountains? Avianna turned to Cato, "I do believe that hiding in a city we our unusual stature and jackets to cover our wings would be too conspicuous. Its ninety degrees right now. We could pitch a tent in the mountains, maybe find a cave or a heavily treed area where it might be difficult to see from the sky." Maybe not everyone would agree to the idea, but she knew it was logical.

"With this storm, we will be stuck for a good day or more, a cave would provide shelter from the rain so we could make a fire and have food still." Avianna stared at the mountains, with her one working eyes, she tried to zoom in on the surface of the mountain, searching for any cave or natural canopy. She let out a sigh and turned to Cato, fixating her multi-colored eyes on him, "We should head back soon and inform everyone of the move, forage a bit, then leave." She frowned and looked down at her feet in disappointment, she didn't want to leave, but they all needed to so that they could be safe.

Avianna leaped into the air, her beautiful white wings batting like and other bird's strong wings behind her. She didn't want to break this news to her flock, her family. They would likely be devastated by the news of their relocation. The avian looked at Cato and gave him a smile as they approached the cabin.

OOC: Its like Mid summer right now, by the way. ^^ And again, I feel like this is a bad post!

Where exactly am I going?_____________________
        Only my w i n g s know...

Malevolent Firestarter

8,075 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

Constantine Avid Katzenberger

Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the lash. That one is the cat...

Incoherent words echoed menacingly, he felt the cold steel of shackles on his ankles, a dark shadowy shape entered the room. Now he was bent backwards, then pain as he was pushed past his threshold. why? why so far? I don't understand He thought, gritting his teeth. Then suddenly the pain was gone and he was free. Only this time, instead of going quietly, he attacked the scientists, his hands grew claws for nails and he ripped into the scientists that had done so much to him.

Constantine woke with a quiet yell of rage and disgust. Rage at the returning memories of the scientists, disgust at himself for his actions in the dream. He lay in bed staring at the slightly blurry ceiling, wondering where the dream had come from. He unconsciously folded his hands, feeling for claws he was sure were there, and was relieved when he felt his normal hands. Stupid, it's not like the dream is gonna change you. He groaned, rolling over and out of bed, landing on his feet lightly in a half crouch. He stretched his body straight, reaching for the ceiling and feeling his back pop quietly as his spine straightened. He dressed quickly, then placed his slightly scratched glasses on his nose, blinking as his vision cleared up. He yawned once before heading for the kitchen.

He scratched his head, his hair sticking up in a mess, as he stepped to the fridge. He pulled it open, bending down to see what was inside. He gazed for a few minutes then shrugged, unable to find anything, and closed the fridge lightly. He moved to a cupboard, taking down a glass and filling it with water for his morning mouth, that horrible taste that always lingered right after you woke up. He took a long draught of the water, swallowing and grunting in pleasure as the cool liquid cleared up his taste buds.

Constantine walked out onto the front patio, leaning against one of the posts. He could see Lys and Leona at some bushes, picking something. In between them and him, a fire was crackling with a fish over it and most of a group of diced potatoes sat under the fish so the crease could cover them. Who is the idiot who left the fire untended? That could easily start a grass fire...then again, in this humidity, it's not likely He walked to the fire, still drinking his water, and flipping the fish over to set off a new series of sizzles and pops as it cooked and dripped grease. He sat back, deciding to stay and make sure the fish didn't get overcooked.

...If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat

Angelic Kitten

User ImageUser Image______L Y SX A N G E L D A W S O N X ____
xxxxx▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
_______&___P r o j e c t 0 0 6
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♔♔♔
xxxxxxxxxxxxIxWxixlxlxWxixnx!
___________________________I don't like that.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx┏━━━━━━━━━┓
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx⊰⋮age 15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx⊰⋮ m u s i c -----
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx┗━━━━━━━━━┛
CARINGxxxxDOLLxxxxLOVINGxxxxSHYxxxxSWEETxxxxCUTE

As she picked the berries she watched Avianna fly off with Cato and lowered her charcoal eyes. She had heard how the older female felt that she didn't have privacy because of her mind reading. The peacock colored wings lowered a fraction. She understood it, but it wasn't that she wanted to read their minds. She had caught the timid smile and it made her wary. They were past the limit where she could hear them, and that worried her. Was she becoming a pest? Was she making it hard for them to interact? Charcoal eyes looked at the berries and she continued to pick them absentmindedly. Taking a small blueberry she held it in front of her face. "I never asked any of you to be protective of me…If it was such a problem you could have just said so." She whispered before her thumb and forefinger crushed the berry and she licked her fingers calmly. Standing she felt the wind catch her dress and didn't bother to stop it. She looked up at the sky at the storm that was probably going to come soon. She moved and walked to another bush and knelt down beginning to pick the other berries. She wished her brother were awake. She wouldn't tell him that the others were afraid, but she wanted something to hug and hold. Jeb had told her about becoming an adult, or close to it. She could alter her appearance to look like a normal human. So she could go into the town. At the idea her dark eyes lit up and a grin formed on her pale lips. That was when her eyes caught movement. Hello there Mr. Squirrel. She spoke using her mind.

The small creature stopped and looked at her. Ears alert.
                                                                  Did you just…Talk to me? She smiled at the small animal and nodded and it scurried down the tree. Reaching the base it flicked it's tail once, twice, and moved slowly towards her. She grinned softly as the wind combed through her thick hair and sent it about her gently. As the squirrel reached her she pet it and carefully handed it a berry watching as it scurried away with it. She watched it with dark eyes seemingly mesmerized. Her gaze gentle as she moved to brush her hair out of her pale face. Her feathers ruffled a bit and shook off water that had accumulated. A soft sigh passed her lips as she stood and lifted her gaze skyward. She really hated how Cato and Avianna seemed to avoid her like the plague at times. It wasn't her fault that she could read their minds. Sometimes she felt like a bother to them, since they always tensed and screamed out thoughts like songs or other things to keep her out. She never showed it, but sometimes it hurt that they would do that. Her wings dropped a fraction before tucking themselves snugly against her back again. She debated sneaking away for a bit as revenge, but then a voice caught her attention. Who is the idiot who left the fire untended? That could easily start a grass fire…then again, in this humidity, it's not likely. She knew who it was since she had grown so used to them talking.

Carefully she turned to face him in time to see him flip over the fish. Her feet moved and she stood next to him. "Cato and Avianna. They got scared when I came out so they left. As usual. But a fire is so unlikely when the grass is this wet. She spoke softly her hands behind her back before she glanced at Connie. She usually didn't talk around him. She had become so accustomed to talking to him through her mind that sometimes it felt odd to talk to him out loud. The others probably thought she hated Connie since she rarely exchanged more than the smallest verbal cues with him. She glanced at Constantine carefully. You know how they get when I'm around. They feel the need to scream out lyrics to songs or say 'clear your mind' over and over again because I'm around. It's annoying to say the least. This time she did use her mind as she watched the fire and it reflected off her gray eyes bringing them to life. Her feathers moved in agitation before settling again. She looked away from the fire and gave a playful grin before she reached and took his glasses off and put them on her own eyes looking out at the blurry world. She enjoyed stealing his glasses mainly because she didn't understand why he would need them, but he did and they were interesting. She carefully took them off of herself and placed them back on his nose her hands tender. She then faced the fire again not sure what to say so instead she crouched down and rested her elbows on her knees. She moved one hand to rake halfway through her hair and kept it there. Innocent eyes stared at the fire as she focused before she let out a sigh.

She shifted her wings moving them out so they could steal a bit of warmth from the fire. With each minute movement her wings altered colors. They shimmered in a strange way. She had been mixed with a peacock so of course her wings were a bit more reflective than the others and a few feathers had the eyes at the end although not all. They were a much sturdier build than the tail feathers of a peacock even though the colors were the same. The girl herself was lighter because of the build of her feathers. They were good for flying, but they didn't restrict her movement when in water. She felt the warmth enveloping her wings in the front and tucked them in again letting the warmth settle against her back.

Malevolent Firestarter

8,075 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the lash. That one is the cat...

Constantine heard Lys's footsteps as she approached, and smiled slightly when she stopped next to him. He knew without looking she would be wearing the same dress she always did, a little the worse for wear, but still a good dress.

He chuckled when Lys spoke about Cato and Avianna getting scared and leaving. "You'd think they'd be used to it by now" He replied, keeping his gaze on the fire. Personally he'd always liked that he didn't have to speak out loud to talk to Lys, it seemed much more personal and intimate this way, she had to listen to him, and even if he didn't like the forced part of it, it was still nice to talk to someone who couldn't misunderstand him. He let her dictate if they spoke out loud her not, always following her lead. "Funny, I was just thinking that" He said, with a small lopsided smile and a wink at Lys when she spoke of the wetness of the grass.

He shrugged when her thoughts popped into his head about their 'defence mechanisms' to her ability. well, if their mind-voice is good at singing, at least it's like having your own personal concert He replied, bringing up an image of big-head small body Cato and Avianna with cartoon like graphics and instruments playing mock music. He chuckled at the image, hoping she liked it. His chuckling made him lose concentration though, and the image disappeared.

Suddenly his glasses disappeared from his nose, and he blinked in the suddenly blurry world. He blinked a couple times, and was about to rub his eyes, when his glasses were returned to him and the world snapped back into focus with Lys in the middle of his vision. He felt a rush of affection for her, but stomped it down, hopefully before she could sense it. Mostly because he wasn't sure exactly what the feeling was, if it was just brother and sister, or something more, or maybe even something less. Whatever, it doesn't matter, with so few of us out here, it wouldn't be right to start something like that then he cursed at himself quietly, wondering if she heard that thought as well

Constantine glanced back at Lys when he heard her sigh, wondering if something was wrong, but too unsure to ask. Instead he sat down beside her, not minding the dewey wetness that immediately started seeping through his pants, gazing into the fire as well. He caught a slight movement and glanced sideways at Lys to see her feathers shifting and shimmering.

...If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat

Angelic Kitten

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♔♔♔

As she approached she could easily tell that he knew it was her. He was certainly observant. His ears probably compensated for his eyes though. She heard him chuckle at her statement about Cato and Avianna.You'd think they'd be used to it by now the girl shrugged her nimble shoulders calmly. She followed his thoughts without trying. Unlike Cato and Avianna he didn't hide them, rather he enjoyed that she could read his mind. She appreciated that. She didn't understand how it was intimate, but it was probably because thoughts were usually seen as private. As the thought passed that she had to listen to him a grin tugged at her pale lips. At the statement about there being no fire in this humidity she looked at him. Funny, I was just thinking that. She watched as the lopsided smile formed and then the wink. She felt herself smile again and a soft giggled passed her lips. I stole it from you was her simple response. After all what reason did she have to lie?As she spoke the next statement in his mind he responded with simple thought. Well, if their mind-voice is good at singing, at least it's like having our own personal concert the girl knew he was joking but she couldn't help but cringe. That would be fine, but screaming the thoughts…it's like an assault by a battering ram. You think calmly like you talk, so it's not nearly as painful, but the volume at which they sing can be…highly painful. The small girl explained before she saw the mental image and burst into laughter.

At his chuckle the image vanished and she leaned back against her hands a bit. She had taken his glasses and knew that she had returned them just in time since he had intended to rub his eyes. As she had put the glasses back on she had caught a wavering thought. Whatever, it doesn't matter, with so few of us out here, it wouldn't be right to start something like that. The thought was direct then came the curse as he wondered if she heard his thought. She looked away from him and back at the fire. She didn't let her emotions meet her face. She sometimes hated who she was when people would think that way but there was nothing she could do about it and she wasn't going to waste her time trying to please everyone. It would never happen. He began to wonder if something was wrong but she didn't respond to the thought. Carefully she focused and her wings stretched more. I've been thinking about going for a walk. That way I won't bother anyone with my mind reading. Plus…I already have a headache from it. She spoke tenderly but made no effort to move. Instead her wings dropped to the grass before slowly vanishing. Before long she was sitting there no wings. Staring at my wings could be considered rude, if I had feelings. She teased as her eyes stared at the fish the smell making her stomach turn. She couldn't understand how they could so easily eat fish. Reaching into the basket she took out a berry and popped it into her mouth.

A deep breath and she closed her eyes and laid back. There's nothing wrong don't worry. I just feel a bit rejected every now and then. They want me to be innocent, but I can't help it that I can read their minds. I don't try to but it's not like there's an off switch to my power. Sometimes I wonder if getting out of everyone's range would make them feel more at ease. I already know they don't want me to talk, and that it sucks to have your mind read, but it's never been something I could stop. Even with Jeb trying hard to teach me. But he knew how to block his mind. I could be around him and my head wouldn't feel like it was about to explode from an overload of thoughts. But there's nothing wrong. I just feel uneasy like everyone else. And I don't like fish. She replied as she licked her lips which were strangely dry. It was rare that they were, but there was nothing she could do at the moment. She took her hand and lifted it skyward opening her eyes lightly. The light was dim. Almost nonexistent. Gray eyes were distant as she did so. She wanted to vanish at the moment. Or maybe just sleep. "You think I could use you as a pillow. Cato, Avianna, and Leona's thoughts woke me up." She spoke her eyes shifting to look at him.

In reality she didn't expect him to say yes. It was sort of an image they had created. Very little verbal cues and not much contact. He was a cat after all. So was Leo but that was a female. It actually made all the difference. She had dealt with male scientists and so she had grown a bit used to not being around men. Yet now she had gotten a bit more used to it and her older brother helped with that. Cato was a bit overprotective from time to time but she loved all of them regardless. Now that she thought about it she didn't really have an excuse for hiding the whole conversing and getting along from the others. She hoped they knew that she couldn't hate someone. Even the scientists she would have never been able to harm because she was just too nice. She wanted to believe that everyone had good in them, even if it seemed a useless and futile effort. Maybe that was why they still saw her as nothing more than a child. Lys wasn't sure, but Cato made it clear enough that she should remain innocent. He wanted her that way. And Avianna wanted to protect her. Yet, did they ever think about what she wanted? She would never argue with them since they were older, and they looked out for everyone, but sometimes she couldn't help but wonder if their decisions were what were best for everyone, or just their own preference.

Malevolent Firestarter

8,075 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

Constantine cringed in sympathy when Lys explained about mind-talk being just like normal talk, how you can scream thoughts or whisper them and all. He nodded when she explained she was thinking of going for a walk. He cautiously put an arm around her gently, squeezing slightly in what he hoped was comfort. He knew she had problems with physical contact with him both because he was a 'cat' and because the scientists who worked on them were male so he kept the arm squeeze quick before bringing it back to his side.

Connie chuckled slightly when she teased him about looking at her wings. Sorry he apologized, his shoulders still shaking slightly in silent laughter. He caught her look at the fish and watched as she took a berry from the basket and ate it. The fish bothering you? He asked, noting that it was pretty much done, so he removed the fish from the fire, laying it on a clean piece of wood to let it cool a bit before he could eat it. The smell made his mouth water slightly, but since it bothered Lys, he decided he'd have to eat it fast, and then go wash his mouth out so the smell wouldn't linger.

He listened to her as she explained how she was fine and seemed to unload on him about what was wrong. He nodded in sympathy in all the right places, staying seated upright as she lay back. He chuckled as she finished, and then added on that she didn't like fish. He looked over his shoulder at her as she looked at the sky, her grey eyes matched the slowly turning sky above them.

Constantine blinked in surprise as she asked if she could use him as a pillow, doubling his surprise was that she had asked out loud. She didn't normally do that with him, too used to speaking to him psychically he supposed. He thought about it for a moment, laying on his back beside her. "Go ahead, I don't mind, though won't you be uncomfortable lying on a cat?" He asked, half teasing and half serious. He didn't want her to do anything she was uncomfortable, and he was worried about the whole cat hunts bird instinct ruining their friendship.

He had spent a long time in conversation with Jeb, when he was still around, about the experiments done on him, and how much it would change him. What would be outside his control? Jeb hadn't thought it would give him any uncontrollable insticts, just maybe better senses and some cat-like quirks, like craving fish and milk more.

Angelic Kitten

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♔♔♔

She saw him cringe when she spoke about the fact that people could yell in their minds. She was honestly surprised that he had never thought about that. Didn't he ever yell in his mind? Now that she thought about it she realized that she hadn't really heard him yell in his head. Maybe that was why he had never thought of it or realized it. Either way Lys wasn't too sure. As he put his arm around her and hugged her carefully she smiled. At the squeeze she grinned softly. Even though it was unusual she didn't react negatively to the touch at all. Although she wondered if he had expected her to. He removed his arm almost as quickly as he had put it there. She didn't take offense since it was so rare to make physical contact, and he wasn't the mind reader so he couldn't be sure if she felt uneasy by it. At his chuckle she looked ahead again and made the joke about her wings. He responded with his calm sorry and she turned her head to look at him with a smile. Once she had let her wings vanish he seemed to have caught her staring at the fish. The fish bothering you? She nodded meekly not really saying much as he removed the fish from above the flame and set it aside. While the smell made his mouth water it made her stomach turn. She missed her friend. The poor guy. The small female hugged her legs a careful gaze before she laid back on the ground. As she spoke out her thoughts to him he nodded whenever it became sympathetic and the girl had to wonder if he was doing it on purpose. Was he really sympathetic or was he just doing the nodding out of habit?

The questions weren't easily answered since he seemed to do it subconsciously and so there was no real thought process about it. With that realization she had to assume that he didn't do it because he really felt bad, but more or less to prove that he was still listening. Observing him she watched as he blinked and surprise registered itself on his face as she asked about using him as pillow. Had her request been that odd? She caught his thoughts about being shocked that she had asked out loud and how he guessed that the shock came from the fact that she usually talked in his mind. It didn't take long and he laid back and her gray eyes watching him calmly. Go ahead, I don't mind, though won't you be uncomfortable yin on a cat? She grinned knowing that he was slightly teasing her. As he offered she debated on rejecting the offer just to make him feel a bit more at ease. However, his mind drifted to Jeb and the conversations they had had. She moved and laid her head against his chest her torso on him a bit as well. Even though she was a decent height and looked sturdy the girl was very light. Her bones were hollow to make less weight so she could fly easier. She didn't fear that she would be too heavy for him because of this. The girl moved her arm and ran it through her hair and it tumbled onto his shirt. If this makes you uneasy then let me know and I will get off. She said gently across his mind.

As she did so the girls thoughts wandered. She wondered if anyone ever thought the mental communication was something intimate since it was like inserting your presence in someone's mind. Hey Connie…Do you think talking like this is intimate? And if it is, should I not do it? Cato always thinks about how he wants to keep me pure and I don't want to disappoint him or anyone else. If it's something that I shouldn't be doing then I should stop before anything bad happens. Right? She spoke as the wind came and brushed against her face sending her dark hair flowing about the faint smell of strawberries drifting from the strands. She usually crushed strawberries when she washed her hair to make sure it smelled nice. It also helped to relax her. Jeb had taught her the little trick though he had done with with vanilla, but they had run out and the strawberries were plentiful at the moment so she didn't feel bad for using them. She hated to stink. All of them usually had a strong sense of smell and body odor just got overwhelming and not in a good way. She hated to think about causing anyone grief because of the way she smelled. Granted she was fifteen, but she was a lady and 'ladies don't sweat'. Her dress, although worn was still nice since she liked to keep it that way. Even though she had intended to sleep she waited for Constantine to answer her. Gray eyes watched him carefully. Oh yes, and we should start thinking of ways to get more food. I know you can live off of fish, but...not everyone can...Also, you're very comfortable. Even in her thoughts she sounded sleepy.

Malevolent Firestarter

8,075 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

Constantine was rigid when Lys first lay on him, but after a few moments he relaxed visibly, and gently placed an arm around her as she relaxed against him. He chuckled as her hair tickled his chin a bit before settling on his chest. He shook his head when she said to let her know if it made him uneasy. No it's fine, this is actually kind of nice He reassured her. He closed his eyes, sighing in contentment. He felt kind of tired himself, and thought he might doze off instead of Lys.

He eyes opened slowly as she asked about what he thought about talking in his mind. He was quiet for a few moments as he gathered his thoughts about it, wanting to be sure of his words before speaking. He shrugged slightly, then began to 'speak', Ya talking like this is intimate, but I don't think you should not do it. He started, feeling honored that she valued his opinion so much. Cato may want to keep you pure, but thanks to how we started out, that boat has kind of sailed...I don't think any of us are exactly 'innocent' or 'pure' anymore

Constantine frowned slightly when she stated she should stop before something bad happened. Here's where the situation gets complicated. If you're only going to stop just because Cato thinks it's bad, I would say don't just do what Cato thinks is best...You need to decide for yourself whether talking like this is a bad thing...but consider this, If you couldn't talk into people's minds, we would not have met He squeezed the arm around her affectionately, hoping she didn't stop talking to him like this, even if she decided to stop talking to the others with her mind. He liked the absolute privacy in this kind of conversation, and he didn't mind that she could read his thoughts anyway, she was his oldest and best friend, and he had no secrets from her.

He felt the wind blowing over them, and caught the scent of strawberries. He took a deep breath, smiling to himself. He loved the smell of strawberries, any kind of fruit smell he liked, but Strawberries were his favorite. He nodded when she mentioned their food problem. We'll have to foray into the surrounding area a bit, see if we can find more fruit, nuts, mushrooms, and anything else we can eat He chuckled when she added on that he was very comfortable. Of course, with me being so comfortable, and us just lying here, theres not much gathering around here huh He added, his thoughts sounding almost as sleepy as hers did.

Devoted Lunatic

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

ɸ ℕorman xxx hase xxxephyr ɸ

"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade.
And yet the menace of the years
Seekers shall find me unafraid."

╔══════════════╗

№ θθ1

A timid attendant scampered down the halls. His large fearful eyes scanned the masses roaming the halls. A person with a clipboard, nope. A man with blonde hair, nope…. He was searching for the leader. His mind raced desperately. “Where is he? Where is he?” He gritted his teeth nervously and scrambled forward. He was headed toward the Eraser quarters. The man was quick on his feet and soon arrived at a massive skyway overlooking a large airstrip. His jaw hit the floor as he looked down. No sooner than he stepped onto the skyway, then a large plane swooshed under the bridge, the full force of momentum apparently threatened to pull him and the entire skway after it. The windows rattled and vibrated as the plane rumbled past shattering the seeming safety of the skyway.
Swooning at the sight, he quickly trotted across.

After asking for directions, the man found his way to the room marked No. 001. Not because it was it was on the first floor, or even on sub-level one, but because of what was on the other side. He shivered, not from fear; the hall was marked with a poignant chill that permeated his thin spattered lab coat. The man took a deep breath and quietly knocked on the door. He waited for some kind of sound, some kind of acknowledgment of his underappreciated presence, but heard nothing. He rolled his eyes. “ Typical experiment. Says he’ll be there. And what does he do? Not answer!” He knocked again, this time louder and stiffly pulled his sleeves down over his shivering hands. He gazed in awe at his coat realizing it was covered with a fine mist that collected in beads on the coarse cotton material. Getting impatient, and the cold doing much to shorten his temper, he reached down for the knob. A thick icy mist rose from under the crack in the door like swirling dancing cobras from a snake charmer’s basket. They pooled around his now moist shoes and arched their way down the hallway. The man’s gaze returned to the door, as he second guessed himself. This one…was not to be messed with…could he open the door? The man winced opening the door. Thick mist blasted in his face icing his neck and climbing down his shoulders into his shirt. A muscular figure stood rigid in the center, billowing droplets of water swirled around him and under him as his fixed his attention on the back of his eyelids…and his hands…

If I wanted you to interrupt, I’d have told you to come in.

Norman’s back was toward the door as his briefly flashed his hands open and shut, open and shut; first the right, then the left… Then repeated again: first the right, then the left. As he opened each hand one at a time,. Miniature bursts of lightning burst from his hands from the extended canopy his fingers made to hi open palms, violently striking as if he were destroying a small city with each stroke. Brilliant bursts of light illuminated his equally bright red hair, making it flicker, and fan like flame of fire. His eyes glowed pleasantly as he ‘played’ with his powers gleefully. A rough cough punctuated his chain of thought. The man turned around slowly and scowled completely irritated, as if his scowl could burn a hole in his quivering flesh. Seeing Mr,. Jenkins, he laughed and folded his arms mockingly, “You’ve gained some courage. What’s up? ” He was in a good mood. The man restrained himself from sighing with relief, “You’re needed for a meeting…

I’ll be there…Later. Shut the door behind you.

The man was not about to argue, stammering something unimportant sounding, he shut the door behind him; ducking as if he was going to be struck with lightning, or a heavy piece of furniture. Norman wasn’t heartless, but he had to be tough. If he showed any weakness or hesitation, he’d be screwed. And Stella would gladly help him along. Anyone would. He snorted in disdain. Who wouldn’t kill for the prestigious position as leader? Leader of the elite. That took some doing: he practically cut off his own arm to do it, and nothing…nobody…was going to take it away from him. Poor guy, it was his job to get the others…Norman wouldn’t hit the staff, he knew better, but the others might, and did on a regular basis. Hitting back got you fired or killed, depending on what you knew. Norman sighed and finally ceased moving his hands. He clasped them shut and sighed, releasing tension.

Heavy footsteps sounded in the halls as he walked to his destination. His hands dug deeply into his pockets. Normally, he’d saunter in, fashionably late. It was a strange form of power, holding up a meeting. Whoever arrived the latest gained some sort of sick satisfaction for proving the world could not go on without them. Stella vied to gain power however she could…next time, he would lock her out. Sure, she’d steam. He didn’t care. She could swallow her pride for once. He did. Today was different. He knew this was their first mission. He had been briefed the night before on the details so he could plan… He knew most of the details, any pertinent information he needed to plan... but who were they targeting? Some random group of people in the woods was more than a little odd. He flashed a menacing sneer as he approached the briefing room some time later, “They aren’t going anywhere. Not for 24 hours.

His imposing stature announced himself, as the door swung open. Pip, and Ari were there…Oh Great. They were alone. Piper was having a complaint of her own, “"Hopefully for once we will go on an actual mission, not just stupid "team updates" s**t." He slowly smiled. Not this time pip. Not this time. He knew she was nervous. Not many could tell she was, but he could. They had been friends since they were in a tube. He sat down in his chair and folded his arms over his stomach. He leaned back and crossed his legs nonchalantly. He was kind of exited. Kind of. Most missions boiled down to same ole’ same ole’. Pick off the weak, salvage Itex’s experiments, assassinate this, and shoot that while you’re at it. It was a never ending blood bath. And he was glad to be able to show his skills to the world. Soon, they would be replacing military personnel as the nation’s best fighters. Despite the mediocrity, they were part of something big. And Norman couldn't help but be proud; they were going to revolutionize the face of the world. "The others show up yet?"

╚══════════════╝

feeling; happy, joyous....bored.
Song; Running the Wrong Way...
thoughts;"Hmm. This could be interesting..."
location; Briefing room
with; The others... who else?
outfit; Weather forecast. ☼

OOC;Gosh, sorry for the late, late post. Anyways, hope its alright! (:

Devoted Lunatic

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100
User ImageUser Image

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDЭato Ӈemmingway

Some came in chains
Unrepentant but tired.
Too tired but to stumble.
Thinking and hating were finished
Thinking and fighting were finished.
Cures thus a long campaign...

User ImageUser Image It was a singular moment of vulnerability in Cato’s life. Hugging someone was strange. For as long as he could remember guarded forms of affection: reaching through the firm bars, hiding emotional attachment from the watchful leer of the personnel, just to have a passing graze of the hand, word of comfort, or touch their wings. Touch was forever the forbidden fruit, and after a while, it became unnecessary.
Anything that caught the scientist’s eye was punished. Even now, as Avianna’s chin nestled comfortingly above his throbbing heart, Cato felt his limbs cringing in light barely noticeable twitches, as if each vibration of her throat was the start of an attempt to tear his heart out with her teeth. It was painful….

Suddenly, Avianna pulled her face up. Her eyes narrowed into slits as she cut off the steady stream of water that flowed from her eyes. Her hands smeared away any trace of the pain with marked determination. Cato was no mind reader, but even he could ‘see’ her thoughts at that moment, ‘Cato wouldn’t cry, why should I?
No. Cato wouldn’t cry. That’s because he was a doer, not a feeler. In his mind, Itex’s return was inevitable, like Prospero’s ghost crying out for revenge. They wanted their money back. And they would do anything to get it. They were simply worth too much. That much being said it was only a matter of time before they were either dead, captured or something even worse. The only real solution he could think of was taking the fight back to Itex…but that would take time. For now, they just needed to duck their heads down again until they found a plan. Avianna continued pacing in the glade, meditating. He knew she felt bad. Those trees were solid evidence of their presence. They’ have to fix it later…
"So, we need to go get anything we can into a backpack and leave. No turning back. Not now, not ever. I do believe that hiding in a city we our unusual stature and jackets to cover our wings would be too conspicuous. Its ninety degrees right now. We could pitch a tent in the mountains; maybe find a cave or a heavily treed area where it might be difficult to see from the sky. With this storm, we will be stuck for a good day or more, a cave would provide shelter from the rain so we could make a fire and have food still." Cato took in her words. Maybe not… They couldn’t go to the city in 90 degree weather, not like this. A big city maybe...It’s not like they would all be out and about at once, But still…that degree of cramping, hiding in abandoned buildings, no lights, no noise, it might be too oppressive. They could spend the night in a Cave. Avianna decided to go back and inform the others, something that would not be easy. This was their home, and uprooting suddenly like this was not going to be easy. But assuming all possibilities, one thing was certain; their lives would never be the same. Avianna decided to head back, pack everything up and be on their way.
I’ll go on ahead. See If I can find anything.
” He would meet back up with them after a bit. Avianna leaped into the air and took off in flight, her beautiful white wings glistened angelically in the sunlight. Cato was tired and so flapped his expansive wings with two powerful but stiff strokes and sailed gently after her, minding the slight gritty sensation in his muscles.
Avianna sent a loving smile back at him and he was grateful for it. It would all be over soon. As they soared onward, he formulated a plan. They would talk to the others over breakfast, then split into two groups, one, would gather supplies and pack them into the rather large hiker’s backpack, and the other group would head off to forage. About the time the other group was done packing, they would join the first and finish foraging. He could easily slip ahead and scout out a place where they could spend the night. He was designed for that sort of thing and found it easier to get the job done alone. He could move faster that way.
Cato’s sharp green eyes caught something lying out on the lawn. Lys and Connie were cuddling. Of everyone in the group, Lys was the cuddle bug. She had every right to be; she had everyone’s hearts. She didn’t cuddle all that often but when she did it meant something. He knew she and Connie had many conversations in their heads…She did that with people she trusted, if they felt comfortable with it. Pity. They used to do that allot. They had grown a bit distant from each other over the past few months…What happened he didn’t know. They used to have fun together, now it just seemed like he was getting in the way. How he was going to fix this, he had no idea...

Cato’s steady beat of his massive wings slowed as he began his descent. His jet black wings easily caught the morning sun behind them and seemed to glow with a purple hue. His feet touched the earth with the silence of a cat. He hesitated, and then cleared his throat. His wings unconsciously unfurled behind him, like a massive black pennant. More than double the size of his body, without his wings he would seem a smaller less intimidating creature: some might even dare to say, frail.

isoprano

amie_mourna

Chaotic-Roach

_tattsuki_

OOC: Uhm…This…took forever. I’m so sorry, next one will take less time.?

Angelic Kitten

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♔♔♔

Lys felt his body go rigid as she laid on it but felt him relax after a few moments. As he placed the arm around her she closed her eyes feeling comfortable. It was nice to be touched every now and then and the others were a bit harder to approach for that sort of thing. No it's fine, this is actually kind of nice. She smiled at his response to her question about him possibly being uneasy. It was always nice to know. She slowly opened her eyes in time to see his eyes close. She could hear him thinking that he might fall asleep rather than her. This made the small female smile. She watched him open his eyes at her question about mind reading and her gray eyes watched him locked on his intently. Ya talking like this is intimate, but I don't think you should not do it. The girl smiled visibly her white teeth showing as she did so. She clucked a bit of his shirt in her fist as she grinned. Stray strands of dark hair found their way into her face but she didn't bother to brush them away. Cato may want to keep you pure, but thanks to how we started out, that boat has kind of sailed. . . I don't think any of us are exactly 'innocent' or 'pure' anymore. She wasn't really too sure how she should respond to that statement. It was so rare for her to be left speechless. At her saying that she should stop before something bad happened she watched the frown form on her face.

Here's where the situation gets complicated. If you're only going to stop just because Cato thinks it's bad, I would say don't just do what Cato thinks is best…you need to decide for yourself whether talking like this is a bad thing…but consider this, if you couldn't talk into people's minds, we would not have met. She stared at him with her large orbs. Blinking a few times she moved her head to where she looked at him through her lashes carefully. He squeezed her and she moved her hand brushing the hair away from her face. She heard him hoping that she wouldn't stop talking to him mentally. He liked the privacy and that made the girl giggle softly. At the thought of her being his oldest and best friend the girls cheeks flushed a light color of pink. He then thought about the smell of strawberries from the wind and she found she couldn't wipe away the grin on her face. We'll have to foray into the surrounding area a bit, see if we can find more fruit, nuts, mushrooms, and anything else we can eat. He chuckled and she nodded carefully mentioning that he was comfortable. Of course, with me being so comfortable, and us just lying here, there's not much gathering around here huh? She shrugged her nimble shoulders. I suppose you're right. And I don't want to just stop the mind reading. I can't, but I don't want others to feel like I'm being invasive. I can't help it.-

She stopped as thoughts began to assault her from nowhere. It was Cato thinking about how she was the cuddle bug of the group. He thought it was because she had everyone's heart and that she didn't cuddle that often. He knew that she talked to Connie a lot and that she did it with people she trusted if they were comfortable with it. She had to admit that he was right with that thought. Then she felt guilt hit her at his next thoughts about how they used to talk all the time. That he felt they had grown distant from one another of the past few months and that he didn't know what happened. She didn't understand how she could explain it to someone. Then came the thought about how they used to have fun together and now he felt like he was in the way. And he had no idea how to fix it. She gave up and sighed pushing up from Connie's chest and looking at Cato as he landed. She still didn't have wings since she had changed her appearance. Gray eyes watched him carefully. She focused and directed her words at him.

"You aren't in the way. You feel I'm in the way. You and Avianna both. You fly away from me when you talk, you scream out that you don't want me reading your mind or that I should stay innocent. You're the one pushing me away. You don't want to have fun with me. I'm getting in your way." Her voice revealed her hurt as did those large dark eyes that watched him before she moved and grabbed the basket and moved past him towards the woods in a run. She didn't want to hear his thoughts to her words. He already thought she was invasive enough she wasn't going to do it more than needed. She didn't have to be around him, then he would have his peace. She stopped a good distance away and began to pick berries with shaking fingers finding she feared Cato's reaction. She knew her words were hurtful, but she didn't know how else she was going to get through to him. He was clearly unaware of the way he had been treating her, so she had done the right thing by pointing it out but maybe he wouldn't see it that way. She wasn't sure if that was the real reason she had run off but she couldn't think of another one. She tossed the fruit into the basket just trying to keep her hands busy as her vision blurred. She felt so useless. They wouldn't let her help. At least at Itex they had needed her. They had put her to use. They had trusted her with their thoughts and didn't have the ability to hide from her. Now she just felt in the way. It didn't take long and the small female was curled up sobbing. She hated crying. It made her feel like she was cheating the others, but at this point she couldn't help it. She was still sleepy, and now Cato was surely upset with her.
User Image
. . . . . . . . . . . .ɑvianna ʁose_____________

R e a d i l y I stand on that hiiigh-up balcony, looking around
A loud 'fwip', I feel the s e c u r i t y of these odd appendages
Such◄ a long way down, I just smile and j˟u˟m˟p
»R u f f l i n g can be heard as the wind catches (me)

Avianna nodded weakly to Cato's response. She jumped up, throwing her angelic wings out, flapping with inhuman strength. Her mind was racing, thinking about Itex and if they go ahold of anyone. What would they do? Would the kill them or run more experiments on them? Honestly, death was better than being experimented on. She closed her eyes, blacking out the thoughts in her head. She had more to think about than what-if's. How would she tell the flock? How would they tell the flock, her and Cato?

Knowing Cato, he would have already formulated a plan on how they would go about telling them. Avianna was quickly approaching the house, the house that was a home, a home for so long. She frowned at the thought of having to leave the last thing left of Jeb that was tangible. Avianna touched ground and she smile at Lys who almost immediately raised her voice at Cato and what he was thinking. Avianna's eyes widened at the hurt that Lys obviously felt.

Never would she have made Lys feel the way that she apparently did intentionally. Avianna lowered her eyes in shame. She felt horrible for how she had made Lys feel. She just didn't want to upset her by her thoughts about the whole Itex situation. Lys needed to be told first about the situation. She needed to know why they had run off. Before Avianna had time to comprehend the situation, Lys had run off. She didn't know much about emotions and the toll it would do to people, sure, she got emotional today, but that rarely happened.

Avianna touched Cato's shoulder, "[color-lightpink]Get breakfast ready, I'll be right back.
        " She ran a few steps and then took off flying after Lys, she had to clear things up between the three of them. She paused a moment and squinted her eyes, even though only one saw anything. She turned around in a circle until she found Lys, curled up in a ball, crying. A saddened frown formed on her face and she pull her wings back, dropping to the ground. Avianna walked quietly to the young Avian and knelt beside her. She ran her fingers though Lys's hair and then pulled her into her lap, holding her tightly.

Avianna looked down at the young girl and wiped away the tears that ran down her face, "Would you believe it if I told you that I was crying, very similar to how you are now, just minutes ago?" she gave a slight chuckle, her eyes were still a little puffy with sadness. She stroked Lys's arm and gave a slight sigh, "I thought that maybe trying to keep this away from you might protect you and everyone else, but I see that I was in the wrong." Avianna felt absolutely repulsed that she had kept this away from her. She let out another sigh before continuing. "For the past few weeks I have felt a very ominous feeling, like something bad would happen. I guess I hid it from you fairly well. " She winked playfully at Lys. "It wasn't until today, when I saw the approaching storm that I truly succumbed to the feeling and I wanted to talk to Cato about it, to see if he felt the same. I didn't want you to know yet." She held Lys tightly and then stood up, setting Lys lightly back on her feet.

Avianna bent down and picked up the basket of fruit and the fruit that scattered when Lys laid down. She linked her arm through Lys's and walked, holding the basket in the hand that was linked through the Avian's arm, and with her other hand, she quickly pulled various fruits from the trees, along with nuts, and anything else she could find. "I think that Itex may be coming for us finally. Everything is just too conspicuous to stay here, the storm, the feeling, and the fact that we are escaped experiments that Itex still needs to test our progress." Avianna plucked a rotten strawberry and crushed it in her hand at the last sentence. They had grown a few random plants here and there, and above all, she was thankful for this strawberry plant, it typically grew the brightest, biggest strawberries that she had ever seen. Then again, she only saw strawberries outside of this plant's when Jeb went to the store during the winter and grabbed them especially for Avianna. "I hope that you know how much you mean to both Cato and I. I'm sorry for everything that has happened recently, but we will get back to where we were, I promise that." She wrapped her arms around Lys's shoulders, then unfurled her wings and wrapped them around her as well.

The avian spoke in a hushed tone in her non-biological sister's ear, "We need to leave this house, now, before the storm hits. If we don't, we will be stuck for at least a day, leaving us weak and exposed. We can't afford that, not now, or ever." She loosened her grip on Lys and looked at her in the arms, "I love you, each and every one of you, I couldn't bare to lose any one of you all, this is precautionary. I'm sorry I hid this form you." Avianna frowned, hoping that her decision was truly for the best for her flock, for her family.

OOC: I hope this is okay... :0

Where exactly am I going?_____________________
        Only my w i n g s know...
User Image
Stella Fox
Eraser Project 148

Word to the wise.. Don't piss me off

╔══════════════════════════════════════════╗

A winged creature; half human, half bird, a girl, she couldn't be much older than Stella herself. Her wings were a brilliant white, or at least they were. This girl, this abomination crawled away from Stella's feet like a helpless rat. A smile stretched itself across the Eraser's face, she knelt down next to the helpless abomination, took a wing and unfurled it, examining the blood that was spattered throughout the brilliant white, "These will make great trophies on my wall" She spoke, and at that moment, the avian pulled away from her and onto the creature's side to face Stella. "Ooh! And these." she took a hold of the creature's jaw, looking into her multicolored eyes, "I will take these too.
                                                  " Stella stood and let out a horrid, evil chuckle and kicked the creature in her stomach. The abomination didn't like that much and attempted to fly away, landing only about two feet away from where she laid before. An evil smile stretched itself across Stella's face once again, "Petty little avian, you can't even fly, you face death and you still have a will to run. You can't escape, your efforts are fruitless. We will have to beat that will out of you back at Itex." Ms. Fox, erm... Ms. Fox.

Stella sat straight up from her bed to look at her assistant, a big, burly man by the name of Darius Fin. This was her eleventh assistant since she became an Eraser about twelve months ago. The bigger ones typically lasted a bit longer than the petite ones she got first. Darius even in his large stature, had a black eye from when he woke her up yesterday and she was in a bad mood, he got a little too close. He only had his head through the door, looking weak and quite idiotic himself. He took two steps in the room, "Oh Darius, what news could you possibly have that is important enough to wake me from my beauty sleep?" This seemed to shake him up a bit and his voice was shakey when he spoke again "You have a meeting in about thirty minutes, a briefing if you will regarding your mission." Stella grumbled a bit and threw her blankets off of herself, revealing her small, naked body. Darius fiddled a little where he stood, wondering is he should stay in the room or leave to give her her privacy. His uncomfort just made her smile. She grabbed a towel and looked at Darius, wrapping it around herself, "You are dismissed." Without any further hesitation, he practically darted out of the door.

Stella continued with her should-be-rushed morning regime on her own time. She didn't care if she was late, hell she hardly cared for anyone in the Eraser Elite anyhow. She got into the shower, got out, got dressed, blah, blah, blah. A normal morning. Once she was dressed in black from head to toe in tight fitting, flattering clothes, she headed to the cafeteria, already five minutes late for the briefing. She grabbed a bagel and turned around, heading down the cold hallway towards the room where her presence was wanted. Many of the scientists and ex-assistants moved as far left as they could to avoid Stella's arm length, she was notorious for just hitting people because she wanted to.

Stella approached the door to the briefing room and she opened it while taking a bite of her bagel. She glanced at the leader and frowned, "Morning." She said, secretly, well somewhat secretly wanting to stab a dagger into his heart. Everyone knew her hatred for the leader because she felt that she deserved that position. She cracked a smile at the thought of becoming the leader, after all, one of these days she intended for the leader to be killed by an "enemy" dagger or sword, or gun, she hadn't really decided yet. The leader was technically decided by seniority, but hell! Valerie won't last through her first mission with her heart conditions and s**t. Stella rolled her eyes at her and then turned her attention to the leader once again, "Some of us have to still get ready for the mission, so if you would move on to what the hell we are doing, that would be great." She crossed her arms and leaned back in the chair.

OOC: b***h with a capitol B? :3

╚══════════════════════════════════════════╝

Malevolent Firestarter

8,075 Points
    • The Perfect Setup 150
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    User Image

Constantine watched as his words made Lys grin, He chuckled along when she did, and his smile would involuntarily return whenever she smiled at him. I suppose you're right. And I don't want to just stop the mind reading. I can't, but I don't want others to feel like I'm being invasive. I can't help it.- Her words in his head cut off, and Constantine watched her with concern, not realizing that Cato was above them yet. He knew she had cut off all she was going to say, but he didn't know why.

As Lys listened to Cato's thoughts, Constantine was watching her, and so he saw the guilt cross her face, and wondered what she was hearing, hoping it wasn't something he had done. He sat up as she sighed, pushing herself up off of him turning as someone landed beside them. Constantine looked up, seeing it was Cato, and understood that Lys had been hearing his thoughts the past couple of moments. He turned away, not wanting to be a distraction in case they had to talk about something. Instead he took the fish and moved into the house to cut it into equal pieces for all of them except Lys who didn't like it.

He came back out a few moments later to see Lys as she disappeared with the basket, and Avianna stood beside Cato. He frowned slightly as he stepped forward, stopping to stand beside Cato and Avianna. Before he could ask what had happened, Avianna had directed Cato to get breakfast ready and took off flying, Constantine guessed to follow Lys. He stood indecisively, thinking about going after Lys, but Avianna was already on her way, and he wasn't sure he'd be able to keep his feelings for Lys hidden if he tried to comfort her, better to let the leader handle it.

"Uhhh....well the fish is inside, I just cut it up for all of us to share"
    He explained to Cato as he tore his gaze away from where Lys had disappeared. He didn't know what Cato and Avianna had left to talk about, and so didn't worry overmuch about what was going on, he could always ask later if he had too. He turned from Cato to head back inside, stopping to scoop up the cooked potatoes in their dish, and the parcel of fruit that was still on the front porch, before disappearing into the shack.

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff