Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
. . . . . . . . . . . .ɑvianna ʁose_____________

R e a d i l y I stand on that hiiigh-up balcony, looking around
A loud 'fwip', I feel the s e c u r i t y of these odd appendages
Such◄ a long way down, I just smile and j˟u˟m˟p
»R u f f l i n g can be heard as the wind catches (me)

Avianna looked around, surrounded by metal bars and machines. Paralyzed by fear, she couldn't move, couldn't pull the needles out of her arms or stop the scientist that was approaching from stabbing her with another. She let out a horrifying shriek as the needle penetrated her bicep and a serum was injected. He smirked at the young girl and pulled the needle out. The winged child's eyes become foggy and she looked at the needle in the back of her hand and grabbed it, yanking it out. "When are you going to learn you insolent little freak? The scientist said, slamming the cage shut just as the avian lunged at him with the needle. Avianna fell hopelessly to the floor after hitting her head hard on the bars. Another scientist opened the gate and pushed her back, reinserting the needle and tied the girl's arms to the bars behind her so she couldn't try to hurt anyone again. Those eyes. Avianna thought, even with her eyesight almost gone due to the injection. I won't ever forget those eyes. The scientist gave her an evil smile, slapping her once before leaving. The girl's eyes went black, or maybe she blacked out.

The Avian awoke with a gasp, then wiped the cold sweat off her forehead. She looked around the room, making sure she hadn't woke up any other child. She swung her legs off of her bed and tip-toed out of the room. Once she was out of the room, she softly threw her back against a wall, hardly making any noise. To say that Avianna or any other experiment suffered from a case of post traumatic stress disorder was an absolute understatement. To go through what each and every one of them had gone through would leave permanent scars, both mentally and physically. She breathed in a heavy breath and shook the thoughts from her mind.

Avianna pushed herself off the wall and walked to the back door, leaning against the door frame. "I guess we need to leave early if we need anything." She said to herself. Flying in the rain is one of the hardest things to do, it weighs down your wings and requires twice as much energy as normal to fly. She let out a soft sigh and walked into the "laundry room" and pulled out a pair of beat up, worn shorts and a green shirt with slits down the back for her wings. She quickly put on both, and walked out. No, there wasn't any sewage or electricity in the shack that she'd grown up in, but they did wash their clothes in a stream near by, and by the looks of it, they needed to do this again soon.

She walked down the hallway, opening each door and counting every head. Avianna did this every day in fear that someone left in search of a new life, or worse, that Itex took someone. Maybe it sounded far fetched, but living the life that they had, you don't take unnecessary risks and you took extra precautions. Even though it'd been eight years since they'd heard a peep out of Itex, she and everyone else knew the time of silence had to end eventually. For this reason, they were always prepared to move and always ready to fight. Once every head was counted and everyone was there, the avian walked out of the front door and stretched her wings. Her wingspan was massive and over twice her height. Avianna flew up and stopped about ten feet above the house, she turned slowly 360 degrees, surveying the area, land, air, and any water near by. Once she saw that no threats were present, she dropped to the ground and sat down, now staring at the approaching thunderstorms. Should we go out today and get more food for the time during the storm or ration food and wait it out? The experiments had a surplus of money that they only used for food, and most of the time they would go to town and go to the food bank. In their most desperate situations, they would go door-to-door and act as though they were part of some kind of organization, gathering food for the local food bank. Call it clever or call it smart. She closed her eyes and breathed in the smell of the forest around her.

Where exactly am I going?_____________________
        Only my w i n g s know...

Devoted Lunatic

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDЭato Ӈemmingway

Some came in chains
Unrepentant but tired.
Too tired but to stumble.
Thinking and hating were finished
Thinking and fighting were finished.
Cures thus a long campaign...

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image
Cold. That's how it usually felt. If Cato closed his eyes for an instant he could still feel them: the ice cold bars pressing firmly into his soft flesh, the soft hum of generators and machinery in a distant room, the pressure exerted on his wings each time they jerked him from his cage. Time was torture, and it wasn't on their side. He could still remember that feeling, the feeling that at any moment, at any point in time, they could return, bringing a slew of curses, mutterings, cold fingers cinching his flesh in strange places, only to be stripped down to nothing for yet another needless test. Cato personally bore many scars on his body for the others. They had all been through so much! How else could they be allowed to keep their dignity? ''Someone had to protect them.' He though to himself.

Cato's light frame eased through the forest underbrush effortlessly, noiselessly. He had finished his rounds outside the shack they had learned to call home. It was amazing how even after Jeb had purchased their freedom, their trials had doubled. Cato was grateful for the training he had received...those precious hours he had pent pouring over books in the lab, Jeb's constant,doting, prattle and personal touch. He had in many ways been the father he had never known. Jeb had even fondly dubbed Project 002, 'Cato', all-knowing, for his observant watchful nature. Even now as the morning dew had thoroughly soaked through his pants, and even some into his shoes, Cato was doing just what he had always done, watching. He had spent the night listlessly flying above their home, and treading carefully through the woods in his effort to make sure that no one would harm, the others. Endless night without sleep had taken it's toll on the young man. Dark circles permanently bode under his deep set green eyes. His face was marked by a blank listless expression, akin to being caught between waking up and having a stern talk with an unruly child.

At once Cato came to a clearing, there before him was the shack, and Avianna slowly and majestically swirled around it like a stirring tempest. His face briefly flickered a smile, ''So. she was up.' Truth be told he was much too tired to fly. He watched as she soared and dipped out of sight. He could not let it be known how tired he truly was. There was no room for tired. There never was. He picked up the pace as he approached the shack. The small trap in his hands swayed back and forth, in his hands.today it was heavy with fish. He made his way around the back and saw Avianna resting comfortably, her stunning eyes following the steadily approaching grey clouds. He noiselessly stepped onto the porch pronounceably announcing his presence. His aching muscles complained loudly as he eased himself onto the porch with a nod in Avianna's direction. That was the price he paid for working double time. He said nothing, he didn't need to. He liked to let his presence do the talking for him. He sighed lightly and leaned back against the house rebelliously as if the pain in his aching muscles didn't exist. Truth be told, when he was with his 'family', it didn't. In many ways, he and Avianna took on the mother, and father roles in their group. At length he spoke, His rich, chocolaty smooth voice easily made up for the brusqueness of his speech, "The traps have been emptied...There is more fruit that remains." He gestured to the fish trap that was brimming over with fish, and even a few small animals and pulled a small parcel of fruit and nuts from his great coat pocket, setting it beside the trap. Cato typically spoke volumes without saying a word. One motion with his eyebrow could fill a page in a novel. He clearly implied to her, 'I wasn't going to wake the others to go foraging at this hour, so I did it myself.' Judging by the parcel of assorted berries and nuts, There was much they could gather. He and she knew, if they were going to get the canning done, now was the time to go foraging, since the berries were ripe. Anyway, they would have about three days, before the berries were all gone. He knew his limits, he wasn't anywhere near the threshold yet.

Desire and
All the sweet pulsing aches
And gentle hurtings
That were you,
Are gone into the sullen dark.
Now in the night you come unsmiling
To lie with me
A dull, cold, rigid bayonet
On my hot-swollen, throbbing soul:
Soldiers never do die well...

"3Speak of the Pancakes!" 'Think of the Pancakes!"Hear of the Pancakes!"

Noob

User Image

The air felt slightly more humid than yesterday, which led Leona to think that she would hear the pitter patter of raindrops on her window in a few hours. Noticing such small things could almost be called a talent of hers, but it often meant that she disregarded the big picture. The girl grumbled, curling into a ball and tossing the blanket over her head in an attempt to stop the light filtered through the cracks of her curtains from prying her ability to sleep away. Her efforts however, were proven to be meaningless as her stomach soon let out a loud and protesting groan. She was hungry and her stomach wasn’t going to stop reminding her until she did something about it. A sigh escaped her lips as she reluctantly sat up on her bed. Stifling a yawn as she stretched, Leona took a brief moment to survey the room. Seems that Avianna was the only person who had awoken before her, the other two were still sound asleep.

Soundlessly, Leona swung her legs over the side of her bed, allowing one last stretch to ease the laziness out of her muscles and bones before standing up and exiting the room. After shutting the door softly behind her, she realised other than the heavy breathing of those still asleep, there was no movement or sound in the house. Leona let out an annoyed grunt. All that meant to her was the fact that no food was ready, so she would either have to prepare something herself or wait for ____ to wake up, god knows when that will be. Her agitation showed clearly in her features as she strolled towards the kitchen.

Standing under the doorway of the kitchen, Leona quickly scanned the room as she dragged her fingers through her silvery hair to loosen the knots and tangles. Nothing. Not even leftovers from yesterday. As if responding to the setting in front of her, her stomach rumbled once again to express its impatience. “Oh shut up.” Leona growled in a low voice as she headed towards the back door. Exiting the house, she trekked across the fresh grass to get to the vegetable patch; the soft ground was damp with morning dew and felt good against her bare feet. Squatting down, Leona briefly examined the patch of earth in front of her before pulling out a medium sized carrot. She shook it vigorously, allowing the large chunks of soil still attached to fall to the ground. She then gave it a quick wipe on edge of the oversized t-shirt she had worn to sleep, leaving a visible brown smudge which she absentmindedly noted to wash off later, before taking a bite. The small amounts of dirt that still remained on her food didn’t concern her. Dirt was natural, part of Mother Nature. The carrot wasn’t exactly filling, but it muted her hunger. However, Leona knew that she would need a proper meal soon.

Straightening back up again, she continued to nibble on her snack as she inspected her surroundings. The dark clouds in the distances confirmed her earlier suspicion; the occasional low rumble also suggested it would be more than a light shower. Leona pursed her lips. Gathering food was a lot more troublesome when it was rainy as the avians have a harder time flying. Animals also tended to stay more sheltered, making it harder to hunt. Playing with the still-brown tips of her hair was she analyzed the situation, a movement in her peripheral vision caught her attention. Avianna had apparently just finished her morning scout and was sitting about 10 meters away from her.

“Oi. What’s the plan for today?” Leona had not spoken loudly, but her voice easily cut through the distance between the leader and herself. She had made no attempt to move closer to converse, until Cato appeared with a snare full of food. Her eyes lit up with childish delight as she shot over in their direction, barely managing to skid to a stop in front of them. “So um, what’s for breakfast?” Any unfriendly tone that was previously in her voice had vanished, leaving a hungry young girl who was currently eyeing the food greedily.

ooc: sorry about the horrible post format, I'm going to be out for the majority of the day so I wanted to get a post in now. Promise I'll fix it up when I get back!
Oh. And the ____ is where project 3's name is meant to be.
User Image

Avianna sat silently, eyes closed. They all needed to get out of this house and find a new home soon, there is no way that Itex could be this stupid. They had to know their location, maybe they were just waiting for the perfect time to attack. She opened her eyes and glared at the approaching thunderstorm. Perfect time. She silently shook this idea from her mind, she was just being paranoid. Avianna closed her multicolored eyes, then leaned forward, placing her hands over her eyes. "How can such beauty be caused by something so evil?" She said almost silently to herself. In fact, the same experiment with her eyes caused her to become blind in one eye, but on the other hand it enhanced her other eye's sight greatly. She didn't feel as though it was a disability but a privilege.

An almost silent swoosh shot through the air and she could tell it was Cato. Not only was he not the only one in bed because she knew he had the same routine as her for the most part, but it was how he took flight. The way he flapped his wings were significantly different than everyone else's. She stood up and faced him just as he stopped on the ground. Instantly, she could tell he was tired, not only being sleepy, but physically, his muscles. His muscles twitched calmly, not enough for a normal person to see, but he couldn't hide his fatigue from her. He spoke in the voice she'd grown up hearing, giving her a sense of relief through the stress she'd been feeling about staying here, "I guess we need to head out soon and get more fruit." She nodded, she was about to voice her concerns about staying when Leona arrived. Avianna gave her a quick smile

Right before Leona had run after Cato, the Avian placed her hand on the side of Cato's face, not in a suggestive or mean way, but more of an intimate gesture that could only be shared between the two, "I have a bad feeling about staying here." She said, then backed up and glanced at Leona, answering her first question about any plans, "We need to get as much food as we can so we can stock up for the thunderstorm. From the looks of it, we will be stuck here for at least twenty four hours." She gave a glance at Cato, only he could see the worry in her eyes. "Let's start a fire, skin, gut, and cut these fish and animals, and cook them. We won't be able to start a fire in a few hours, and eating anything raw is detrimental to our health. If we find any animals during our scavenge, we grab them and save them for after the storm." She spoke, "The first thing cooked, you can eat Leona." Avianna gave her a slight smirk. Leona ate more than most in the house, but everyone ate a lot. She hurried over to a pile of firewood, tossing a few pieces into a homemade fire pit, and grabbed the flint. She knelt down and briskly stuck at the flint until a nice little fire started.

Their utensils weren't amazing when it came to skinning knives or filet knives, but they used what they had. She grabbed one of the filet knives and feverishly, but accurately slashed at the fish. She didn't make her movements dramatic enough for Leona to think anything was wrong.

OOC: Sorry, my post is not good!

Devoted Lunatic

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Some came in chains
Unrepentant but tired.

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image
Despite Cato's seemingly painless pose, Avianna's eyes lingers on him knowingly. Immediately, he knew she knew. He never could hide anything from her. He never really tried, and when he did, she always saw through it anyway. "I guess we need to head out soon and get more fruit." Avianna opened her petite mouth to speak when Leona's voice punctuated the scene. "Oi. What's the plan for today?" His friend's hand rested on the side of his face tenderly, "I have a bad feeling about staying here." His brow slowly raised, in concern and curiosity. 'Oh? Why now?' Hsqueezed her hand effectionately and kissed it, before letting it drop to face Leona. Whatever it was, he'd have to talk to her about it later. Leona's reluctance to do anything at the moment was obvious. She made no movement to come forward, until she saw Cato's catch. Her eyes glinted childishly as she ran over skidding to a halt just inches in front of Cato. "So um, what's for breakfast?" Cato had a hard time keeping back the loving and thoughtful smirk that toyed at the side of his lips. She was so full of energy like a puppy, and he loved her for it. But with the smirk tugging at his lips came the painful reminder that he couldn't always keep them fed. He vaguely heard her stomach growl. "We need to get as much food as we can so we can stock up for the thunderstorm. From the looks of it, we will be stuck here for at least twenty four hours." Cato caught the worried glance in her eyes... So, something was up. As soon as he got the chance, he'd have to tell her what he found. He closed his eyes lowering his head briefly in acknowledgement. "Let's start a fire, skin, gut, and cut these fish and animals, and cook them. We won't be able to start a fire in a few hours, and eating anything raw is detrimental to our health. If we find any animals during our scavenge, we grab them and save them for after the storm....The first thing cooked, you can eat Leona." She was the one he kept giving his food to. He passed it through Avianna's cage, so he was sure she though Avianna gave it to her. Sometimes he would pretend not to be hungry and have Jeb pass it down, an 'extra helping'.

While Avianna started a fire, Cato peeled his sticky, stiff body off the rough stone wall and made his way inside, grabbing a few rough wooden bowls, a knife and a the large cutting board, he made his way back to the porch. Avianna wasted no time cutting the fish, and Cato made himself busy by hastily peeling and dicing the potatoes. Despite his fatigue, his shaky fingers moved swiftly to peel through the potatoes with unnatural ease. If they put the fish over the potatoes, the fish grease would drip down, and they could flavor, and fry the potatoes at the same time. Jeb taught him that trick, and in cases like this, he was eternally grateful. Cato knew that if she stayed, she would have a hard time doing something useful in the next hour as they prepared the food. She was so hungry is was almost pitiful. As he began to set up the cutting board, he spoke to Leona, "The large berry patch at the north of the house is ripe. Take one of the others with you...And don't go too far," He cast a brief glance at Avianna, as if to say 'Did you catch my hint, and we can talk in a sec.', "The food will be done soon." They could easily skin the fish in time to have them be cooked. He respected each and every one of them for their abilities and their input, but getting a few precious moments to plan and talk freely with Avianna was rare. He sometimes needed to talk privately, for those times when he and she fought with each other, or just needed to discuss things without unnecessarily alarming the others. No matter what happened, it was not acceptable for the others to see them fighting amungst themselves. He honestly wasn't sure how much of a moment they would need. Besides, Leona being as hungry as she was, probably would be needing a snack before breakfast.

He frowned as he worked. There was no sense alarming the others. But Jeb's disappearance had been bothering him for the last two years. In secret, he never gave up the search. He knew, more than anyone that Itex had been experimenting with machines that would enable someone to live under extreme pain for extended periods of time. Likely, if Jeb was captured, he would have cracked by now. The only thing that really concerned Cato was, if Jeb was captured why hadn't they sent anyone after them by now? He hoped Jeb had disappeared from the face of the earth for safety, but if he 'disappeared', why didn't he leave any clues behind?

Desire and
And gentle hurtings
That were you,
To lie with me

"peak of the Pancakes!" 'Think of the Pancakes!"Hear of the Pancakes!"

Angelic Kitten

User ImageUser Image______L Y SX A N G E L D A W S O N X ____
xxxxx▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
_______&___P r o j e c t 0 0 6
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♔♔♔
xxxxxxxxxxxxIxWxixlxlxWxixnx!
___________________________I don't like that.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx┏━━━━━━━━━┓
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx⊰⋮age 15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx⊰⋮ m u s i c -----
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx┗━━━━━━━━━┛
CARINGxxxxDOLLxxxxLOVINGxxxxSHYxxxxSWEETxxxxCUTE

Wings ruffled and fluffed up. A defense against a night tremor. Lys curled up and buried her face into her pillow a little more. Running. Running towards the cliff. Three. Two. One. Jump! Airborne! Then the loud blaring of sirens. Of yelling. Lys made a soft noise. Weighed down by a net and plunging to the ground the rocks tangled up with no way out. Landing gruffly she started to work on freeing herself. Too late. The scientist was already there needle in hand. She had failed the simulation. Letting out weak begs for them not to was pointless and the needle was placed into her arm without much resistance. Resistance was always futile. Freed from the net by other scientists she was escorted back to the cage her mind a haze, her body no longer able to function, they practically dragged her back. Tossed in the cage there it was. Pain! Fear! As real as anything she had ever felt before. Fear that one of her family had gone missing. The small girl tossed facing the other way. She knew the fears weren't her own. They were Avianna's the problem with mind reading was that there wasn't exactly a shut off button. And mornings were the worst. It was an onslaught against her brain. Too many emotions. Too much, too soon, too quick. Her mind reeled and her stomach turned threatening to destroy her.

So, she was up yet another voice, Cato's. Although his physical words were small, his thoughts could be overwhelming at times. Then came the anger and frustration about food. The culprit could be no other than Leona. She was always hungry. How could she not be? She burned more calories than she took in. The girl hugged the small teddy bear that Jeb had given her years ago. Perfect time She sensed Avianna's worry about the thunderstorm, she could read it from her mind easily enough. It was horrible to not be able to shut this process down. Oh, why now? Cato again, this time wondering about what Avianna meant about leaving then. The girl pressed her hands to her ears even though it was a fruitless effort. It wasn't that she could hear them. That wasn't what mind reading was about. Did you catch my hint, and we can talk in a sec. She gave up. The thousands of needles stabbing her brain were now impossible to ignore and she pushed herself to where she was sitting up. Disheveled dark hair was around her face and the feathers of her wings finally settled down. She moved the sheets off of herself and instantly regretted it. The cold air that hit her made her want to crawl back into the safety and warmth of the bed. Shaking her head she let her feet touch the floor and stood stretching her slender body. She wasn't as much of an adult as the others, but she was slowly getting there.

Inwardly Lys prayed that she could one day become like Avianna. Beautiful, smart, cunning, sweet, loving, and everything else. However, she knew that at the moment the thought was impossible. How could she expect something like that at the age of fifteen? It had taken eighteen years to make Avianna as wonderful as she was. Lys knew if she left the room that she would be volunteered to go pick berries with Leona, and she would if they asked her to. However, she sometimes couldn't help but feel like they looked down on her and thought she couldn't handle the things they could. Of course they were older, but that didn't mean that you were dumb until you were the same age. At least that was what Jeb had told her. Especially after he had seen her many talents. She grabbed a simple white dress and put it on moving her wings so they laid comfortably against her back. Walking out she could already smell the dead fish and she moved into the room looking at Cato. He was exhausted. Just like with Avianna it was hard to hide from Lys as well. After all, she could read his mind. The girl watched him carefully her eyes wary. They then shifted to Avianna and lastly to Leona before slowly drifting to the source of the putrid smell. She didn't like eating fish. After all, her dead friend had been infused with a fish. She never said this though. They tried hard to make sure that everyone could survive. She would usually sneak her plate to someone else. Her brother ate almost anything so she would give it to him, or to Cato. Although giving it to Cato was harder since he would know she didn't like fish.

She rubbed the back of her neck tiredly and then looked back at Cato. "You should get some sleep…I'll go get berries with Leona." She spoke her words soft and careful. Her voice had become less childish and more feminine in the past year making it sound almost like liquid satin. She looked at Avianna with a smile before she moved and took Leona's hand and gently tugged her in the direction of the exit then let go of her hand. She wasn't going to force the other girl to join her, but she knew Leona was hungry. She still looked like a hot mess, her hair hadn't been brushed, and she wasn't wearing shoes, not to mention the dress was getting worn out from being worn day after day. Not that she would ever complain. She loved her dress. Otherwise she wouldn't wear it so much. She could read off of both of the "leaders" that they were concerned about Itex and Jeb and this made her heart sink. They thought Itex had him, or he was dead. Which she understood, but deep down she prayed wasn't true. How could she when Jeb had shown her what a family was. When he had cared about all of them in ways that they had never been cared for before. They had been a family, and now he was gone. She didn't voice her concern though. Jeb was apparently the least of their problems. Avianna thought the Itex would be coming after them. Pain. Her stomach lurched and she let out a weak noise before she moved outside and bit down any bile that had risen.

Once outside she could feel the humidity hit her and found that her breathing calmed down. Water somehow had a crazy talent at helping relieve her pain. It was like it covered her ears and her mind in a pain killer. She took a deep breath the smell of moisture. Wet asphalt, dew, wet grass. Wonderful. Walking she felt the moisture clutch her feet and her body relaxed. The emotions from before were settling down. She frowned a bit as she saw the wide array of berries. She wondered if she could make a fruit salad with them. But the others might not approve of that. She moved towards the berries after grabbing a basket and started to pick them. Her hands were careful as they gripped each berry. Cautious not break them, it would be a waste to break them. Her hands were small and easily reached through the bushes and she placed berries in the basket moving to where her knees rested on the ground her white dress carefully folded so that it wouldn't get any dirtier. She knew the others were worried about the others worrying about Itex, and they were starting to frighten her with it.

OOC:// Sorry that it's neither fancy nor long, but I wasn't quite sure on how to jump in.
User Image

As soon as Leona had arrived and Avianna voiced her concerns with Cato, he squeezed and kissed her hand before letting it fall to her side. She silently observed Cato's actions and facial expressions made towards Leona. Despite his rugged exterior, he had a spot in his heart for each member of his family. If it ever came about, she knew he'd jump in front of a bullet to save the other. Avianna would do the same, it was the role that they both assumed when Jeb disappeared. It wasn't simply a role though, it was a way of life, having to wake up early, be extra alert, make sure everyone was fed and safe. She wasn't even sure why she was so concerned with the thunderstorm, they'd been through countless, always taking the same precautions. Avianna spoke the orders and precautions that needed to take place within the next few hours. It wasn't a long list of chores, but there were things that needed to happen or else they would be in a bad position. Leona's stomach growled quietly and Avianna frowned a bit, the thought of any member of her family being hungry bothered her deeply. With their lifestyle, it was inevitable. They all needed so much food, and they regularly cleared the forest of resources, food, wood, etc.

Avianna quickly started the fire and Cato gathered the resources needed for cutting the food, she quietly thanked him when her handed her a knife. She began scaling a fish until she had two expertly cut filets. She set them to the side and glanced up at Cato, he was cutting potatoes and she gave him a slight smile. She already knew what he was thinking when it came to the food, it wasn't a difficult meal to prepare. Cato told Leona to go gather berries and Avianna added, grabbing another fish, slicing it just as fast as she had done with the first, "You'll get the first plate, but it will be a few." Easily, she had caught on to Cato's cue, that getting rid of Leona for a moment would allow them the ability to speak privately... Until Lys came through the door.

Both Cato and herself felt extremely protective over her since she was the youngest and very talented on top of it. However, her ability was to read minds which meant limited privacy. She spoke to Cato, saying that he should go to sleep and she was going to pick berries with Leona. Avianna returned Lys' timid smile. She attempted to keep her mind blank, and once the two were out of sight, she grabbed Cato's hand and ran a bit, then jumped, letting go of his hand, flying quickly over the top of the trees. Once she knew she was out of Lys' mental reach, she stopped and turned to Cato, "I hope she didn't hear too much of that. My mind was racing.." She let out a sigh and then looked at the storm behind Cato. "I don't feel safe here anymore. I feel like we are in danger, I don't know what type or how bad it could be, all I know is that I have a sickening feeling." Avianna frowned, in all her years of living here, this feeling had never come up. It was a feeling like when you know you're going to get hurt. It was feeling she had when a scientist walked down the aisle and somehow, just somehow she knew they were coming for her in particular.

Avianna looked around, skimming the forest. Both of her eyes opened and the blind one followed with the other. Her eyesight, even though all avians had great eyesight, was significantly better than the others due to the experiment. "We may not need to leave now as we are unprepared, but I do not wish to stay long after the storm. I fear that maybe Itex somehow will find us." She closed her eyes, wishing that she didn't feel this fear. "Its just... How could we live so long here without being noticed. We are experiments that Itex wants because we escaped. What if that's what happened to Jeb? What if they know where we are?" Avianna balled her fists up, she felt mentally like breaking down and crying, but she couldn't. She wouldn't. She would not show her weakness. Her hands shook, and when she opened them, without noticing, she increased gravity beneath her, pulling a few trees on their side with their roots out of the ground. "I do not know why now that I'm feeling this." She sighed, "Lys heard me thinking about the danger I feel, I know. I.. we need to tell her, and not tell anyone else or she might dig for information from someone else and then everyone is worried. We need to avoid that as much as possible."

OOC: Blah

Devoted Lunatic

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Some came in chains
Unrepentant but tired.

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image
A small voice broke Cato’s concentration. For a tiny instant, his nimble fingers stood still. His eyes lifted up from his work to see Lys standing in the doorway. Her thin, tattered white dress sharply contrasted with the bright, sweet looking girl in a sort of cruel irony. ““You should get some sleep…I'll go get berries with Leona.
” He smiled wistfully, ‘spot on.’ He kept forgetting that she was growing up. He didn’t know what to think. She knew so much, and yet said so little. It often made him question is own capacity to keep her innocent, free from as many unnecessary worries and cares as possible. They all had it rough; but he knew they couldn’t hide away forever. Almost immediately after he paused, he resumed cutting. With one swift stroke of the blade he severed the potato in two, “ In due time. ” He replied stubbornly. There was much to be done, and he really couldn’t rest yet, not until the chores were done. After that he planned on relaxing and finishing that sonnet he’d been working on. Sometimes the only remedial source of income was writing small collections of sonnets to have them published in the local Gazette. He usually dropped them off when they went ‘shopping’ downtown. He didn’t make much, but it was enough to cover for emergencies. His only real trouble was keeping his massive black wings hidden beneath his clothes. He was quick to quiet his own thoughts and focused intently on cutting and peeling through the potatoes.

Lys tugged on Leona and disappeared back into the house. Cato was thoroughly concentrating on his potatoes. Swish, swish went the knife. One more potato joined he pile. He’d have to wait until Lys was out of mind range. Suddenly, Avianna grasped his hand and he knew they would be going. Without a second thought, he set down the knife and let after her. His massive wings unfurled, stretching out against the grinding tension he had built up overnight. Easily he glided behind Avianna: she was not difficult to keep up with, and…he was sure he knew where they were going. With one smooth stroke, his wings opened up like a massive silken parachute, and he descended onto the open glade behind the tree line.

Cato observed her expression. He knew, this could take a few moments. He allowed his wings to lax, easing them behind his back like a massive black cloak. Sinking his hands into his pockets, he leaned against the trunk of the nearest tree. One leg on the ground the other was tucked up against the trunk of the tree. Cato wasn’t much of a talker, but he was a good listener, and thinking was his strongest point. " I hope she didn't hear too much of that. My mind was racing. I don't feel safe here anymore. I feel like we are in danger, I don't know what type or how bad it could be, all I know is that I have a sickening feeling. ” Cato’s sharp eyes glimmered darkly as he shrank into a deepening pool of thought. Danger? Yes. That was most probable. Cato could never fully say they were ever out of danger. Every moment of everyday was a risk; someone could see them as they took flight, or discover their traps and places of hiding, Itex personnel could track them to this location, bearing down on their location in an instant. Cato let out a slow breath, with everything they were; they never would be truly free. They cost too much. " We may not need to leave now as we are unprepared, but I do not wish to stay long after the storm. I fear that maybe Itex somehow will find us. It’s just... How could we live so long here without being noticed? We are experiments that Itex wants because we escaped. What if that's what happened to Jeb? What if they know where we are? " Avianna balled her fists up, trying not to break. It was difficult not to. As her hands furled into fists, the trees around her uprooted; twisting from the ground, with a low growl. " I do not know why now that I'm feeling this. " She sighed, " Lys heard me thinking about the danger I feel, I know. I.. we need to tell her, and not tell anyone else or she might dig for information from someone else and then everyone is worried. We need to avoid that as much as possible. "

Cato allowed her to finish and approached her. He placed his hands comfortingly on her shoulders, as his wings unfurled, curling loosely around the two of them like a protective canopy. Cato’s soothing voice began to speak the longest set of sentences he’d spoken in three weeks. “I found some tracks near the ridge, not 20 miles north of here. They stopped at the highway, but that does not mean they could not have spotted us. We can’t stay. It’s not possible that we could remain this long unperturbed. If they had waited this long, it is likely that they had other plans in store. We have to assume that Jeb’s disappearance was no accident. He left no traces, no clues, and no one has seen or heard from him since. No one is capable with withstanding their inquisition for long. ” His eyes showed no small degree of sadness in this, however, he had known it, as much as Avianna had known when they were coming for her. “ We can’t assume he’ll come back. As for telling the others, Itex is as much their business as it is ours…We’ll pull though. We always have….But, we need a plan. ” Remembering his original thought, Cato Added, “We could go to the city? Nameless ones easy get lost in a crowd…

O.O.C.: LOL I don’t know what you guys see wrong with your posts. They look great! ^_^

Desire and
And gentle hurtings
That were you,
To lie with me

"peak of the Pancakes!" 'Think of the Pancakes!"Hear of the Pancakes!"
User Image

The sky. The wind. This was the only place Avianna felt safe, the only place she felt like no one besides the people she didn't mind touching her could. Briefly, she allowed her mind to go blank and just bask in the comfort that was the open air. Even with the impending thunderstorm approaching, she felt free of everything, free to Itex, free of stress, and free to be herself. With Cato following behind her, though, she didn't really have the luxury of just carelessly free, she had important business to talk about. Well, maybe not business, but her fears and her thoughts about something that could kill, or worse, capture her family. The idea of her family being in the same situations as they were before sent fire through Avianna's blood and she picked up speed as she approached the grove. As the two descended, she reached for Cato's hand.

As soon as they touched down, Avianna let out all of her thoughts over the past few weeks, her concerns, her fears, everything. Cato wasn't much of a talker, but once she uprooted the trees, she gasped and then grabbed on to his hand. She couldn't leave any evidence of their presence, and here she was causing a commotion with the trees. Maybe, just maybe if she held on to him, she wouldn't cause an unnecessary damage to the environment again. Once she was out of words to say, Cato held her tenderly and wrapped his wings around her. Avianna wrapped her semi-muscular arms around him and broke down, crying. She hadn't cried in years, long before Jeb had left. The thought of her family getting hurt killed her inside. She listened to Cato, silently, only tears rolled down her cheek and she laid her head on Cato's shoulder, absorbing his words. He spoke about his findings, tire tracks. There was no telling what the tire tracks could be from, from Itex, from hunters, campers, or anything really. He continued that we may have been off their radar before, but it had to end eventually. She knew this more than anyone.

Avianna truly admired Cato and how well he could hold himself together and care for others at the same time. When he said that a plan was needed to leave and that everyone needed to know, she nodded, before she even had time to think, Cato came up with an idea of his own. "To live on the streets?" She pondered for a moment, before adding her own idea, "I fear many of us are unable to fit in a modern society. If we all live on the streets, we couldn't be all together, nine children living in a confined area would raise suspicion." She frowned. If they went to the city, they would have to live separate form each other and there was no way that she would allow that to happen. "What if we escape into the mountains for a few days, we have a fairly big tent somewhere... We could come back if we needed and grab a few other things and relocate somewhere further away than just a city over..." But what would they do after they got there? "Then we could find a run down house and try to be quiet... Or just live in the mountains or something..." Avianna looked up at Cato, he wasn't much taller than her. "" She looked in the general direction of their home... The only home they had ever known. It was going to be hard to leave this place behind, but it had to be done...

__Location :___Itex Labs, meeting place for the elites.

__Company :___a pack of glorious cigs.
__Health :___95%

_ Ⓐ r i α n η α__єℓιтє ℓαв яαт __Ⓚ i ო s e
══════════════════════════════════════════════

кιℓℓ, fιgнт, ∂єѕтяσу, ¢σиqυєя, ¢нασѕ, BlOoD, tHrIlL, rAgE, iMpUlSe, вℓσσ∂, ∂αяк ¢нσ¢σℓαтє, ¢σмвαт, αραтнєтι¢, ViCiOuS, eLiTe, KiLl, PsYcHoTiC, aLoOf, вℓσσ∂, яє¢кℓєѕѕ, "¢σρу ¢αт", уσυиg, ιмραѕѕινє, кιℓℓ, яιρ, fυℓfιℓℓмєит ؟ кιℓℓ, ¢яυєℓ, вℓσσ∂, νι¢ισυѕ, ѕєℓf ѕєяνιиg, ¢σиfι∂єит, ℓαв яαт, иαяяσω мιи∂є∂, νι¢ισυѕ, fι¢кℓє, тяαιиιиg, sAdIsT, mAsOcHiSt, SaDoMaSoChIsM!! ... fυℓfιℓℓмєит؟ кιℓℓ, вℓσσ∂, ωιи, ωσятн! αиgѕт, єѕ¢αρє, яєαℓιту, ѕσ ∂υℓℓ, вσяιиg, вℓσσ∂, ∂єαтн, мєαиιиg!кιℓℓ, fιgнт, ∂єѕтяσу, ¢σиqυєя, ¢нασѕ, BlOoD, tHrIlL, rAgE, iMpUlSe, вℓσσ∂, ∂αяк ¢нσ¢σℓαтє, ¢σмвαт, αραтнєтι¢, ViCiOuS, eLiTe, KiLl, PsYcHoTiC, aLoOf, вℓσσ∂, яє¢кℓєѕѕ, "¢σρу ¢αт", уσυиg, ιмραѕѕινє, кιℓℓ, яιρ, fυℓfιℓℓмєит ؟ кιℓℓ, ¢яυєℓ, вℓσσ∂, νι¢ισυѕ, ѕєℓf ѕєяνιиg, ¢σиfι∂єит, ℓαв яαт, иαяяσω мιи∂є∂, νι¢ισυѕ, fι¢кℓє, тяαιиιиg, sAdIsT, mAsOcHiSt, SaDoMaSoChIsM!! ... fυℓfιℓℓмєит؟ кιℓℓ, вℓσσ∂, ωιи, ωσятн! αиgѕт, єѕ¢αρє, яєαℓιту, ѕσ ∂υℓℓ, вσяιиg, вℓσσ∂, ∂єαтн, мєαиιиg!кιℓℓ, fιgнт, ∂єѕтяσу, ¢σиqυєя, ¢нασѕ, BlOoD, tHrIlL, rAgE, iMpUlSe, вℓσσ∂, ∂αяк ¢нσ¢σℓαтє, ¢σмвαт, αραтнєтι¢, ViCiOuS, eLiTe, KiLl, PsYcHoTiC, aLoOf, вℓσσ∂, яє¢кℓєѕѕ, "¢σρу ¢αт", уσυиg, ιмραѕѕινє, кιℓℓ, яιρ, fυℓfιℓℓмєит ؟ кιℓℓ, ¢яυєℓ, вℓσσ∂, νι¢ισυѕ, ѕєℓf ѕєяνιиg, ¢σиfι∂єит, ℓαв яαт, иαяяσω мιи∂є∂, νι¢ισυѕ, fι¢кℓє, тяαιиιиg, sAdIsT, mAsOcHiSt, SaDoMaSoChIsM!! ... fυℓfιℓℓмєит؟ кιℓℓ, вℓσσ∂, ωιи, ωσятн! αиgѕт, єѕ¢αρє, яєαℓιту, ѕσ ∂υℓℓ, вσяιиg, вℓσσ∂, ∂єαтн, мєαиιиg!

══════════════════════════════════════════════

User Image
                                                  __Emerging through an open door from one of many virtual simulation training rooms, the bottom of a flat wooden heeled bootie was scraped against the metal door’s edge. A mixture of crushed intestines, blood and skin was left disgustingly slipping down the smooth exterior; the culprit cracked a slanted smile. Glancing back over a dirtied shoulder, she than whirled around for a better appraisal, arms already crossed before leaning on one foot. ‘Not adequate, there’s no muscle pain much less any strain anywhere.’ Clicking her tongue, eerily violet hues scanned the mutilated bodies--or more accurately the severed limbs that remained-- of several sheep, traveling back to blood stained leather shorts. Ah, the undeniably fine pleasure of being slathered in the crimson liquid was glorious; yet rendered a queasy warm feeling in the pit of her stomach. Strange, but ‘I guess it’s nice.‘

Each step she had taken had left solid prints staining the tiles that lovely color, while excess continued to drizzle down from the top of her head to the tips of long fingers. No, this psychotic lab rat wasn’t half blind; Ariana was fully aware that the slaughtered were worthless but pure human. “Heh,” yeah like she cared. That fact held less significance than than bird s**t, who gave a single damn concerning the weak? Trash, that was all those carcasses were, men trained in combat only to be killed off by a seventeen year old punk. Abruptly, a twisted devilish smirk tugged at the corner of her lips which, at a bat of a lash grew to a maniacal grin. What in hells name was she attempting to do by wasting so much time thinking like a pansy? Shrugging off the wall, a few neck cracks later and a last, long breathe of death that perfumed the air, the lab rat turned on her heel and stalked off.

Apparently, there was some briefing crap that just couldn’t wait, held at eight in the damn morning. Sure, she had been up and training since six, but still...the irritation gnawed at what little patience the lab rat was gifted with. It was clear from that dark scowl, the scientists weren’t scoring any points, “cocky weak bastards.” Taking a brief moment to leer viciously at a passing guard, it led Ariana to realize something of utmost importance; there was still half a pack left! Lazily heading towards to the designated meeting area with the pace of a crippled sloth, a hand dug into her pocket in search while the other whisked a lighter from her bra. Who gave a flying s**t about the smoking policy- or rather, who had the audacity to tell her otherwise? Popping a Benson and Hedges Gold, 100‘s between her lips, the reward of potential cancer was instantaneous. A rat joining a stupid group of rodents did have certain benefits after all; the sheer thought sitting through some idiot run their mouth was slightly less aggravating.

Maybe, just maybe this wouldn’t-- the glimmer of interest died two seconds after birth.
                                                  “What a ******** joke,” the words came out a low growl; someone was about to die. Exhaling a train of smoke, she simply stood glowering at the wall in disbelief, before sharply snapping her head in all directions--the area was even clean of trash! For once, in their insignificant little useless lives was ever a sheep’s neck too far to wring. An eye twitched, expression apathetic with a starved predators gleam, limbs tense and readied. Seconds soon turned to minutes, the tension was almost palpable but not a single damned soul entered. Blasphemy! Far too much time passed before Ariana blinked, realized just how stupid she was, plopping down right next to the door. Sitting Indian style, another cigarette was lit before an arm bent, cushioning her head and the other flung the previous smoke butt onto the ugly floor. Impassively watching the filter burn, a mental oath was made; the whole place is going up in flames if this turned out to be some shitty prank.
                                                  color=white]__✗
                                                  [

══════════════ ═════════════

____Apparel :___Black v neck hoodie, black leather shorts, black leather boots (no heel).

____Beats :___Happy Violence
__
__OuToFcRaCk:___I haven't slept for the past 42 hours, so I'm almost positive this is littered with typos @-@ working on the post layout too~

Devoted Lunatic

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100
User ImageUser Image

Some came in chains
Unrepentant but tired.

User ImageUser ImageAvianna did the one thing she never allowed herself to do, have good cry. Her surprisingly strong arms wrapped around his torso. ‘'She’s so sensitive.’ Cato thought sadly. The thought of someone coming after any one of his family was the only thing that could get under his thick skin, yet there were times when Cato dared to think that she cared even more than he did. He held her tightly as a growing dark spot dampened his well worn shirt, causing it to stick to his cool skin. Cato didn’t mind: if she needed him to do this, it was okay. He just wanted to be there for her. For one as sensitive as Avianna, she was strong. Not once in all this time did she break down. Through everything she stood firm; pain, hunger, exposure and even disappointment. He hastily clamped down the flood of memories from coming to his mind. He knew what they went through. He was one of the only ones who knew how close they had come to failure. And through that, he did his best to find a way. They all did.

For once the forest stood still, not a sound could be heard, and the trees stayed exactly as they were, not uprooted. ‘Good! The less the trees were uprooted, the less evidence of their presence, they would leave behind…in theory anyway. ’ Cato knew that Itex probably knew where they were, if not, they would soon, and no small amount of evidence, for or against themselves, would slow their pursuers down. At last Avianna spoke, her gentle voice vibrated against his thin, but muscular chest.

"To live on the streets?.....I fear many of us are unable to fit in a modern society. If we all live on the streets, we couldn't be all together, nine children living in a confined area would raise suspicion." Cato’s eyebrows lowered contemplatively. He knew it would be difficult, but how they intended to live depended on what they were trying to do. If they were going to run, they would never be able to stop. Not until Itex was completely destroyed. They could never stay long enough to be noticed. But if there was a better option, he would take it. "What if we escape into the mountains for a few days, we have a fairly big tent somewhere... We could come back if we needed and grab a few other things and relocate somewhere further away than just a city over… Then we could find a rundown house and try to be quiet... Or just live in the mountains or something...

Cato’s brow raised thoughtfully. Once they left, they would have to count their old places of hiding as dead. Who knew how far Itex could go, or would go to get their experiments back. If nothing else, they would be killed for not returning. Cato briefly replied, “The moment we leave, we become hunted men. We can never come back, not even for the things we leave behind. ” Cato sighed, “I’m with you no matter what. But we can’t run in winter. Sooner or later, we’ll need a place to rest. The city would provide temporary relief, equal or better than abandoned homes. No matter where we go, we will be unable to stay long enough to be discovered by anyone.

OOC: Well, I love the changes I made to the Layout. Cato now has a theme song if you click on his picture. (It's rugged and raw, but sweet like him...) ...If the pic is too big let me know. I have the same one but slightly smaller, so....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff