Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hardcore Hunter

Sylmae Alvara Vestele Winereed

User Image

Ask not the sun why she sets,
Why she shrouds her light away...

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════╗

(Having a bit of a timeskip for Winterfell so we can all get to posting again.)

Oh, what a day it had been... Sylmae was exhausted from the day... Just sitting on her throne, listening to others complain about this and that, what the royals needed to fix, what the royals needed to do, what the royals needed to know... Didn't they do anything on their own? A farm was failing- work the ground, till it so the frost didn't set in, fertilize to keep it healthy... Simple things a farmer should know. It really ground on her nerves, but it was nothing the girl could change. She sighed heavily- it seemed her mother was rather angry for some reason, Mae couldn't quite figure it out, but it had something to do with visiting royalty- there was no visiting royalty today.

Oh.

They hadn't shown, it had dawned on the princess. Had they gotten caught in a blizzard down the mountain? It was a usual occurrence this time of year, and the Isthusan Court didn't have a way to get up and out of it- what if they were stuck? What if they had gotten trapped, or worse, caught out in the storm? No, she couldn't bear the thought of someone who couldn't get out of the storm trapped down there.

"Mother, Father, I'm taking Thanatos out to scout for the caravan. If they got caught out... We can send help."
                                                Without waiting for a response, she gathered a warm coat and began to head for the door. "I'll be back soon, I promise."

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════╝

...Or why she hides her glowing gaze
when Night turns crimson all to grey.

LOCATIONThrone Room
STATUSAbout to head out
THOUGHTSI need to get there quick!
XXXXRENATO. WINEREED

User Image
xxxxxIɴᴛᴇʟ
xx─── ───────────── ── ────
xxxxxxxxI'm at the throne room.xxxxI'm feeling calm xxxxI'm with Kenji, Syl, Mother & Father.

xxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Renato sat on the throne, quiet as hell as things broke out, things broke in. Hey, Renato was a warrior, could you blame him for looking so bored? Sitting on his throne, Renato tilted his head as he leaned back against it, his legs stretched out in front of him as he stared at each person who came in and went back out. 'Hmm! Lunch! Lunch! What's for lunch! Nuuugh! Why is this so incredibly dull?!' He thought as he yawned once or twice. Over a ten minute period, Renato had changed his seating position multiple times, just trying to get comfortable, and obviously he was attracting attention. The wrong sort of attention, citizens and guards alike were staring at him like he was a crazy person. Few even had the audacity to mention how weird Renato was when he was in the throne room. Understandable, though. Renato was not the type who dealt with small problems relating to the inner workings of the kingdoms. Unless it was a fight. If it was a fight, it was usually Renato.

As the court adjourned, Renato was left sitting on his throne, staring up at the ceiling "Ah.. it's such a pretty day today.." He hummed quietly as wiped the bottom of his nose. Renato slowly begun sliding off of the throne, slouching onto the ground and letting out a groan "NUUUUGH!" He groaned even louder as he begun rocking back and forth on the ground "So, like.. can I go?" He asked, his question mainly directed toward his parents. He didn't wait for a reply before he begun rolling toward the door, not really minding that Sylmae was going to find the caravan. She was a big girl now.

itsmyooc ┋┋┋

Girl-Crazy Gawker

User Image
                                            Awaken from a quiet .s l e e p
                                            xxxxxxxxxHear the .w h i s p e r i n g. of the w i n d
                                            xxxxxxxxxxxxA w a k e n. as the .s i l e n c e. grows
                                            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI N. t h e. S O L I T U D E. o f. t h e. N I G H T
                                            ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                            Ⱥʃεӽɑndɾɩεl Ϣɩɳεɾεεɗ
                                            The Dark Queen of Winterfell

Alex sat in her throne. They weren't here. They likely weren't coming. Would've sent a messenger to the castle if they'd gotten stuck somewhere, requesting aid... Should've sent a messenger to Winterfell to begin with, if they weren't planning on showing up. Eyes narrowed, lips curled down into a scowl of sorts - had been asked if she was alright, simply replied with a "yes" each time.

Sigh escaped lush, lightly painted lips as person after person came to greet her, requesting her help. Of course, she would do her best to appease to those who had taken the time from their day to attend her court, but anger built. Isthusan royals should've been here. They'd said they would be, after all. She just carried on with her day, however. Sitting in her throne, tapping at the arm rests, posture proper. She didn't mind the wandering children or husband, didn't expect them to stay seated the whole time... Normally she wouldn't stay there herself, but she was much too irritated to risk moving about at the moment.

When Sylmae mentioned leaving, she didn't even hear it until her daughter was already out of sight - eyes flicked up to the exit of the room and finally she stood, taking a few steps. "Mae..." her irritation turned to slight worry, almost a sadness as she caught the site of the red hair leaving. Slowly, she stepped more. Paces were quick as she nearly ran through the crowd in time to notice her daughter go around another corner. She sighed softly... Could have caught her, decided to let her go... What good would come of cooping her up? Keeping her in the castle like a prisoner? None... If Sylmae was to get stronger, she would need the chance too. Alex knew that, as did Orion, but she couldn't help but worry... It was a nice day, today, anyway.

She made way back into the room from the corridor, a much calmer pace being used as she turned to a few groups who had addressed her. She gave nods, waves, fixed her gown from when she had ran, and caught sight of Renato walking toward the door. She glared daggers, a clear look of "Sylmae left and I couldn't do anything, You aren't leaving too." lips parted and she pointed back toward the thrones. "Oh no you don't. Back in there, mister. If we're enduring, so are you. And keep a good presentation, for goodness sakes." her tone was more cold than usual. She didn't usually get that way, but Isthus would take the blame for her current mood. Before court had begun, she had been much happier, calm, loving... "Now then... I don't mind if you wander, just... don't leave."

N i g h t m a r e s come when shadows grow
          E y e s. close and .h e a r t b e a t s. slowxxx
          ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅
          L I F T x Y O U R x V O I C E x W I T H x T H E x F I R S T x L I G H T x O F x D A W Nxxxxxx

L O C A T I O N: Throne room tab tab tab W I T H: Orion, Renato and Kenji. tab tab tab M O O D: Irritated at best.

Vicious Rogue

3,825 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
User Image

Mood: "..where could they be?"
Featuring:

((Song of the Moment: A Great Offense))

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

User Image

Time passed, however nothing was going according to plan. Of course the citizens came in and out for an audience with their rulers about whatever troubles they were having. But more importantly, today's esteemed guests had chosen to not show themselves in Winterfell. The Queen and King clearly took offense. Their body language slowly shifted to a slightly more aggressive stance. Orion looked a bit more stoic as he listened to Winterfell's citizens plights. However his mind could not stay off of the fact that no foreign royalty was gracing the cold kingdom with their presence. If Orion was irritated, Alex was sure to be livid. His wife was showing sights of great displeasure and could clearly be taking this offense to heart.

After all, Isthus's royalty was still quite young in their ruler's campaign than their Winter counterparts. Much to his displeasure, Renato couldn't seem to sit still and kept squirming in his seat. To make matters worse, Mae took it upon herself to find out where the foreign rulers could be at such a crucial time. Orion wanted to go after her but Alex followed their daughter. Ren was next to try and leave but it was clear from his mother's order and father's expression that he wasn't going anywhere. Orion continued to play the part of the sentinel king, choosing only to answer in direct responses although his mind couldn't help but wander to Mae. The girl had always been a sickly and frail, could she really handle such a trip on her own?

Dapper Bear

10,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI am not alone. Not beaten ɖσϣȵ just yet
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI am not afraid of the ѵσɩςεȿ in my head
User ImageAnd down the darkest road; Something follows me.
xxxxxxxxxxxxI x A M x N O T x A L O N E . . .
Ӄɳʝɩ Ƞɑʞɑȿɑʞɑ Șɑgɑɼσ

(義) "Renato," the guard spoke up with his eyes shifting to the side, "You know that it is customary for the prince of the kingdom to don such an attire. It is your duty after all to be a leader to the people, for they will eventually look upon on when your time has come." The Vampire took a step away as he spoke to avoid the inching sunlight. Even with his armor covering him from head to toe, the last thing that he would need is for him to perish before his time. He had to take measure to ensure his own safety after all.

(勇) He turned as he heard the woman's voice. At the sight of the queen, Kenji gently touched the tips of his fingers to his lips, followed by the brow, before he bowed to her. He raised to his normal position once she spoke to him. "I have your majesty and I thank you for the compliment. I have also taken the liberty to ensure that I and everyone attending will be safe this day." He kept his tone respectful, even if his eyes stared at the queen with unasked questions. He wasn't sure of what could have held them up, however it was not his place to question. Instead he raised his voice so that all in attendance could hear him. "If all other preparations are prepared, then I shall send for the first of the citizens to arrive." He signaled over to one of the stationed guards and slipped over to the shade that stretched across the ground.

(仁) There was a soft sound of feet scuffling on the carpeted marble floor as guards lead in their first guest. He hard a hard man, Drow by nature given his athletic build and dark skin, and a farmer by trade. Anywhere else in the world, a farmer was regarded as simple minded folks, but here in Winterfell they were something else. Drow even more corrupt than one would expect."State your name before you court, if you would be so kind." He spoke in what could be considered a kind tone for the gruff vampire.

(禮) Bowing his head, the Drow stepped before his king and queen. He gave them the traditional greeting, touching his fingertips to his lip then his brow, before beginning. "Your Highness, your majesty. You grace me by allowing me this audience. Aust Mez'bernaza, at your service. Truly, I have witness true beauty by looking upon you and your family. Granted, such good looks runs in the family. Your father, my grace, was the uncle to my mother's late grandmother. Such a sweet frail thing. She made it to the ripe age of a thousand before someone graced her with the gift of death." He sighed and shook his, a hand coming up to wipe a tear from his eye. "But alas, sweet mi-ma was generous. Leaving behind the deed to the family's land in my name. I was her favorite after all." His chuckle had echoed across the hall as he paused once more.

(誠) Kenji could already tell that this man was going to be an annoyance, but he had a to keep appearances after all. So his expression remained the same, stone cold and blank. A nonchalant face revealed nothing that could be regretted after all. "State your business before the court, so that the queen and king may pass judgement." There was much to get done today and Kenji wasn't one to force delays as it was. There was to be a royal guest visiting the castle and Kenji didn't wish for anything to go amiss.

(名誉) The drow nodded again and begun to spun for them a tale. The more the samurai heard, the more he found his eyes glancing over at king and queen themselves. He found it strange about what was taking place on the border towns, he would need to scout out the further reaches. His expression was grim throughout the rest of the gathering, speaking in hushed tones to guards that came and went with urgency. He had to excuse himself after a certain point, he could feel his hunger raising with his annoyance and his duty. "Something is amiss..." he muttered to himself once he was in private of his bedchambers. He poured himself a mug full of warmed blood that was drained from a sickly mount. The sickness itself was brought on by the extreme chill and added a strange flavor that the vampire had grown accustomed to.

(on to the time skip now x3)

(忠義) He emerged from his board with his blades strapped to his side and his mount, Lyra, falling into step behind him. "Lyra, go and wait outside. I shall be there shortly." he moved down the hall, leading to the main courtyard, disappearing a few steps later. It wasn't often that he ran within Winterfell hold, for fear of startling someone, but he had to hurry. If he knew his princess, she was already on her way out to discover what was happening. Great minds think alike after all. His presence was regarded by swift gust flowed after him, before he stopped behind Queen Alex. "Fret naught. She will not be alone during this trial. I shall watch her as I've always have. There are other issues that must be addressed first."

(義) He caught up to Sylmae in the courtyard, Lyra's large form keeping the frail girl company as the vampire appeared. Even during one of their 'nice' days, Winterfell was a gloomy place to reside in. Kenji would have it no other way. Such weather was rare indeed, especially during this time of year. "So what is your plan, Princess Sylmae?," he inquired as he petted his mount, "There is such a big trail to cover for one being alone. You won't find them on your own, not without help at least." He turned to her, his crimson eyes locking her gaze onto him. There isn't much for that he had to do after this, she was under his charm. With a small smile, he offered her a hand. "Shall we go?"

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
      User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI don’t need your condescending
      xxxxxxxxxWords about me looking ʃσɳεʃɣ
      xxxxI don’t need your arms to hold me
      Because misery is waiting on me...

Hardcore Hunter

User Image
User Image
Adviser:of: Ros'Kan.: The..World..Eater
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
xxxxxx
Location ┊Ros'Kan Inner City┊.x.With ┊ Dictator Uzogg┊.x.Thoughts ┊What's on your mind?┊

A hint of a smirk graced the dragonkin's features as her dictator's blade pointed towards her frame. She knew, of course, that he disliked- perhaps even despised- frufru titles such as "My Liege" or "M'Lord," but continued to use them anyway. Nyxia had grown fond of the half-orc for as long as she had served under him, and used the titles more as a tease than as legitimate titles anymore. Of course, her first few weeks under him had been full of them as she grew accustomed to what the previous Dictator had preferred, when she was General. "Oh, come now, you know I'm just kidding with you." Nyxia gave another half-smile before continuing their walk.

Meeting the Admiral would be a good idea, of course, and as the pair walked, ideas of where to find him passed through her mind. If he had been out at sea for a while, the first place he would more than likely stop was the place his men would also go- a pub, close to the docks. Knowing the Admiral, it would be one of three. "Uzogg. I have an idea where the Admiral could be, if you'd like to stop for a drink before we head to the merchant." She didn't really expect an answer, but she did alter their course a bit to get to the pub a bit faster than the current route.

"Is something the matter?" She questioned softly upon hearing the hushed sigh. Sure, it was none of her business what went on inside the head of Uzogg Naffrim as Adviser- but as a friend, she was curious.

Hardcore Hunter

User Image

Well, Sylmae didn't know what she expected. As soon as she caught sight of Kenji's large white wolf, she knew she would not be venturing out alone- and why should she? She held the title of Princess, and going out alone- especially after the things that had been spoken of the border towns- wasn't a smart idea. The fact that it was Kenji that was to be accompanying her was a welcome thought, at least. He was a capable warrior if need be, and pleasant company. She made her way towards the stablegrounds, not really avoiding Lyra, but not going out of her way to greet her, as per her normal.

Upon reaching the stables, her countenance relaxed somewhat. She loved being among the various mounts, but hers was by far her favorite. Sylmae approached the great beast, sliding open the stable door with her saddle in her arms. "Thanatos, do you want to go flying?"
                                                She asked her pegasus, which was answered with a soft whinny and a grunt as he nosed her cheek. Sylmae nuzzled him in return, stroking his cheek and feathered mane before moving to his side, slipping the light saddle over his back. It wasn't long before the pair were trotting out of the enclosed stable and into the courtyard.

Sylmae had decided to stay aground while waiting for Kenji to arrive, her hands stroking the wolf's soft white fur while she stayed astride Thanatos. Upon his arrival, she smiled ever so slightly. "My plan is to see if the border towns are as safe as they need to be. The Isthusan Royals would have been passing through Hollowtree before making their way up the mountain, so that path will be the first I- we- search. We're bound to find something, messenger or otherwise, yes? Surely the Isthusan Royals wouldn't cancel their plans without sending at least that. If the messenger were held up, they would be on that path." She paused for a moment before continuing. "Thank you for coming with me. Thanatos and I will scout from the air, if you and Lyra can search the ground for anything unusual." She took his outstretched hand from her position, her gaze warm. "If you find anything, call for me."

With that, she released his hand, and turned her attention to Thanatos. "To the skies." Without hesitation, the grey-and-black pegasus spread his wings, and in a powerful upbeat, the pair was gone.

She flew for a long while it seemed, before reaching the base of the mountain where Castle Winterfell resided. Sylmae's breaths came in short bursts, not used to the heavy air that came with being closer to sea level. Eyes scanned below for anything out of the ordinary...

That was when she saw him. Beneath the trees, lying still and face-down in the brown and dry grass. "Thanatos! Do you see him? Let's go help..." The Pegasus turned towards the man, lighting upon the ground with barely a sound. Once Sylmae dismounted, he again took to the skies, watching from above.

Sylmae knelt to the man, looking slightly confused. She'd not seen a human up close before... And this man was indeed human. He wore a black cloak detailed in gold, with light armor covering his breast and midsection, thick leather that matched his boots and straps around his wrists. He was an archer, it seemed, his build was defined for combat and speed, but not to take hits outright... That's what was strange about it. He didn't have any visible wounds, why was he-

Emerald green orbs met her gaze as his eyes popped open. He seemed frightened for a moment as he looked to the princess. "We've got her." Sylmae didn't know how to respond, other than confusion for a moment.

"What do you me- ngh!" Her sentence was cut short by a sharp pain in her side. The man had risen slighly, a hunting dagger's hilt in his hand. Pain and confusion crossed her expression at the same time, though she heard more bodies through the brush- more men, surrounding the first.

"Kenji! Ambush!"

LOCATIONForest
STATUSFrightened
THOUGHTSWhat have I gotten myself into...?
XXXXRENATO. WINEREED

User Image
xxxxxIɴᴛᴇʟ
xx─── ───────────── ── ────
xxxxxxxxI'm at the throne room.xxxxI'm feeling calm, a tad excited. xxxxI'm with Kenji, Syl, Mother & Father. my goddamn Garuda.

xxxxxxxxxx
                                                          As Renato prepared to exit the room, he was approached by his mother, he noted her scolding eyes, feeling as if ten thousand daggers were being stabbed into his body. He frowned slightly before crossing his arms and looking away "Yes, yes! Whatever you say, mother!" He said as he turned away nonchalantly as he begun taking steps away from his mother "I wonder how that stupid ol' bird of mine is doing." He hummed with a light sigh. It seemed like Sylmae and Kenji had decided to leave the kingdom to go and find those other people that were supposed to visit them.. something about royals and negotiating something "What a load of baloney.." He said as he tilted his head before making his way down the hallway and out toward the stables. Looking at one in particular, it towered over the other ones and was big enough to fit a fair few hundred animals. Renato blinked as he heard a voice.

"You human strip now. You lose." The voice spoke in a broken accent, Renato growled lowly before entering the stable, seeing four humans and his Garuda holding cards, cards that didn't even cover an inch of Garuda' hand "What have I said about playing strip po--!" He stopped before twitching his eye, his jaw unhinging as he took in what had happened. It was also four other people. Two females and two males, alongside his Garuda. Renato's face turned red when he noticed that nearly everyone was half nude, one of them preparing to take off her bra "Do you dislike this, Renny?" The Garuda spoke as it looked back at Renato, Renato stayed quiet for a moment before waving his hand in front of his face with a devious smile "No, no! I actually lik--!? HEY! WHY AM I BEING DRAGGED INTO THIS?!" He shouted before seeing the four beginning to dress themselves and leave. It seemed like they were guards "Geez, and people say I'm perverted." He hummed before beginning to approach his steed "You are." The Garuda replied bluntly, Renato rolled his eyes "Like you aren't, too." He retorted straight at him as he sat down beside his Garuda "Been out lately, Huevo?" He asked as he looked at the human-like bird which sat easily seven times the size of Renato.

Renato and Huevo were master and steed for a very long time, so that title didn't really exist between the two, considering how they treated each other, they were just like normal friends, Renato and Huevo had met two years after Renato was born, and Huevo was basically, what you could call, a teen at the time. If not for his parents or Kenji, Huevo would take care of Renato for the sake that Huevo was highly indebted to the kingdom for saving his home. By the time Renato was eight or nine, Huevo had managed to learn abit of English to communicate with Renato, and soon enough, the two became partners.

itsmyooc ┋┋┋

Dapper Bear

10,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
Ӄɳʝɩ Ƞɑʞɑȿɑʞɑ Șɑgɑɼσ

(義) It was a good plan, one that he had in mind for himself. Though he wasn't much for the idea of splitting up, even if it was to cover more grounds than usual. 'With my senses, I should be able to keep her within the range of my attention.' He didn't say much as he simply nodded at her, his hand falling back to his side. He didn't want to waste anytime on foot, so he mounted up without a saddle and road on the back of Lyra. 'We should check upon what Aust presented, he thought to himself as he mused about the gathering of today's royal court. 'The drow wouldn't sell out one of his own without some gain to be found. Those of his type are always the same sadly...'

(勇) Lyra bounded down the frosted path way to their mountainous home, each leap and stride kicking up some of thickly packed snow. The she-wolf was on top of the snow as much as she was in it. Last evening's storm had coated the white wonder in ice. His armour and weaponry jiggled with each bound, but the wind had blocked most of it. Every so often, he gazed upon the sky, his eyesight spotting the princess and her flying mount from above. He wished that he could speak with her, but alas such was a skill that was not either of theirs. 'Don't go too high, the air is thinner the higher you reach the clouds. Eventually you will suffocate and lose consciousness.' He remembered the words of Queen Alex well from the time the young princess first received her mount as a present.

(仁) He sighed and focused his eyes once more on the task at hand. They were closer now to the borders. He drew a blade and rested it on his lap as Lyra slowed her pace to a stroll. It was best to be prepared for anything to be honest. Many of the wildlife of Winterfell were harsh creatures to survive the harsh conditions. Though decades, centuries, have passed long ago since he needed to draw breath, a cloud of mist escaped his lips as he searched the surroundings. Through out their entire trip, Kenji and Lyra have not encountered a soul. It made him restless and anxious, even after a storm the wolves were around to find anyone stupid enough to brave the storm.

(禮) He heard her shout from a distance away and his instinct screamed at him to search the skies. A growl escaped him as he stood upon Lyra's back. "Find her and kill them all." The command was simple, his tone was dark as blood and carried the weight of death. His hunger was craving a feast; the thirst longed with the red liquor that fueled his illusion of a life. He drew his second blade and mounted the she-wolf again rushed to her aid.

(誠) They had her surrounded, five hidden among the trees and shrubbery as another stood with a dagger in his hands. With a slight breeze, he caught the scent of Slymae, and it drove him into insanity. Lyra didn't even have the time to move before the first blow was struck and blood sprayed into the air. Boiled leather and hardended armour meant nothing to the vampire's blade. He stood behind a scout, the man severed into pieces that collasped to the ground wit ha meaty smack! "Suffer in silence!" His voice was raw with emotion before he disappeared from sight. Sylmae would know the truth from previously witnessing Kenji's true strengths.

(名誉) He moved around the clearing at blinding speeds. Hardly anyone could keep up with him after the first few moments. Once the confusion set it, it was too late to defend yourself. The grass was soon soaked as toughed men were reduced to piles of giblets. In the end, their training didn't matter to Kenji. They were cattle awaiting the slaughter. But then there was the last one, the one who still held his dagger. The other soilders collapsed as the vampire suddenly stopped before the archer. With a flash of steel, his hand was sent flying across the clearing. He didn't even have the time to feel the pain before he was impaled through his shoulders. Pumping his leg, the samurai kicked the archer into the bark of a tree and into the remains of his allies. Kenji was on him in an instant.

(忠義) The vampire had jumped and pressed the enchanted blades into the tree's roots, trapping the man. "I shall ask once and only once. Who sent you?" There was a growl that caused his voice to distort, deepen, and scratch at the back of his own throat. He gripped the chin of the wounded warrior, forcing him to look up at the vampire who was perched on the hilts of his katanas. Crimson eyes could see the fear, the pain and the truth. He wanted to hear it with his own ears before he passed his own judgement.

(義)

xxxxxxAdmiral Zhougxxxxxx

User Image[x]User Image[x]User Image

Zhoug was just finishing his seventh tankard of rum when he noticed the tavern had begun to clear out. His eyes had become slightly glazed over and a dazed expression had begun to wash over his face. His head bobbed slightly every time he took a glance around the room and as the tender began to fill another glass for him, Zhoug raised a hand to decline the gesture. He questioned whether he should get up and leave the tavern to go and deal with business at the palace, or whether to stay and sit on his rump inside the warm wooden building. The Admiral was about to slide off his bar stool, when his drunkenness impacted him head on. He felt himself stagger for a moment and quickly caught himself on the edge of the bar, digging sharp fingernails into the wooden edge of the makeshift bar table. He slid himself back up onto the stool and remained in his place, deciding against movement, at least for another moment or two. Besides, he figured if the King or his council needed his presence, they would know where to find him, as he preferred to stay close to the port in case of attack.

Zhoug found it slightly entertaining that every time he let his eyes wander around the room, the occupants would direct their attention back at one another or in a random direction to avoid eye contact. This was something he had gotten used to, but being inebriated at the current time he found this slightly more entertaining than usual. He needn't worry about paying for the drinks, as his wares, drink and food were paid for by the kingdom, as they had been since he first began sailing the seas of Ros'Kan. Finding himself stuck in place, as attempting to leave the stool only brought about strange movement, he reached down the bar toward a small bowl filled with bread slices, pulling it to himself. He began to chomp away on the bread, his bites slowly turning into nibbles, figuring the bread would help him regain control of at least his balance. He was also quite sure that he had spent far too much time within the confines of the tavern, hoping to shake off his wooziness before any authoritative figures found him, as they surely wouldn't be happy if he was unable to perform the tasks he was normally required to.

After a long minute of chewing away on the slices of bread, he pushed the now empty bowl toward the barkeep and motioned for him to refill it, glancing over his right shoulder at the door. So far the only people coming in and out had been common citizens and members of the military, most of which were either too respectful or too intelligent to disturb the Admiral, even in his visibly shaky state. After a long moment he removed his dagger from his waist and began examining it, after confirming that it didn't need sharpening he slipped it back into its sheath. His fingers tapping impatiently on the bar top, he began to nibble away at the now full bowl of bread sitting in front of him. No longer finding it necessary to look over his shoulder at the door he let himself relax, resting his elbow on the table and leaning into his palm, his eyes drifting half closed and half open. He wasn't so much sleepy as he was bored and this position often helped him to concentrate believe it or not, even when under the influence of such noxious liquids. The longer he remained in that position the quieter it seemed to get in the tavern, not because people were leaving but because Zhoug had begun to drift into a sort of day dream, recalling his previous days work. The ship they had boarded was granted mercy, as far as Ros'Kan was concerned anyway. The crew members of the foreign ship had been immediately beheaded on the deck of their own ship, in other words, granted mercy, it was more common for Zhoug to take prisoners and bring them to the king later on for his own personal use. However, these particular merchants had seemed to be of no specific royalty or importance, therefore they were useless to the kingdom and had been disposed of as such. Killing had become a way of life for Zhoug and each death he witnessed seemed only to strengthen his resolve and loyalty to his kingdom, which was one of the reasons he had attained the rank of Admiral.

User Image

Where: Tavern near Ros'Kan Naval Port.
With: Himself

Hardcore Hunter

User Image

The scene unfolded before the men with inhuman speed. The archer could barely keep his eyes on whomever had come from the forest behind them- but... That was very, very large wolf. He hadn't even seen the vampire do his work on his comrades- it had all passed much too quickly to see. Not until something in his mind told him to hurt. Swords impaled his shoulders, and he found himself against a tree, bark scratching at his skin- but that wasn't what hurt the worst. No, what was worse was confirmed by a quick glance to his left hand- which was lying across the glade. His mouth opened very slightly before his pained scream was cut off as his head was forcibly moved to face the vampire. Crimson eyes peered through him, into his soul. He was terrified. He couldn't speak, only quiver and whimper slightly.

When the man's question was posed however... His mind only held one thing. "I only know him as the Phoenix... I-I can't say any more, I'm sorry! That's all I know! That's all I know..."
                                                Pained tears began to flow down his face as he continued. "I didn't want to hurt anyone... I... I never meant for this to happen..."

Sylmae panted as she fell to the ground, tossed from the man as he tore his dagger from her side. She made to move out of the way of the carnage, but found her left leg unable to cooperate- she pulled herself to a tree instead, no longer paying attention to Kenji, instead trying to stem the bloodflow from the gash in her side. She held her arms to the wound, trying to apply pressure, though the pain was nearly unbearable. She took her arms away from her side, too weak to keep ample pressure-

Sylmae closed her eyes for a moment, just to clear her head. But... They were too heavy... She kept them closed, slumping back against her tree. Hopefully Kenji was done soon... She sighed, opening her eyes to slits, watching as the warm red cascade flowed from her side. "Kenji... I need to go home..."

It seemed that wish wouldn't be fulfilled. Weather had caught up to them, the beautiful day they had been having quickly deteriorating into snowfall- no, not snowfall. A veritable blizzard had blown in from the North side while the slaughter had ensued, reducing the vision to almost nil. Sylmae's eyes scouted for a safe place to stay... Lucky, they were still near the mountain, and a dark cave was just barely in view. She'd have to get there, before the blizzard completely cut her view. It was already impossible to make it back up the mountain... The blizzard had started at the top, judging from the direction of the wind. She hoped Thanatos had made it to a safe place before it had blown in...

LOCATIONForest
STATUSFrightened
THOUGHTSWhat have I gotten myself into...?

Shameless Exhibitionist

I x w o n ' t x b e x c o m i n g x h o m e x t o n i g h t
xxxxM y x g e n e r a t i o n x w i l l x p u t x i t x r i g h t
xxxxxxxxxxW e ' r e x n o t x j u s t x m a k i n g x p r o m i s e s
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxT h a t x w ex k n o w x w e ' l l x n e v e r x k e e p
User Image
                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx D I C T A T O Rx UZOGG NAFFRIM

Actions "speak" louder than words

Kidding. It was more akin to teasing, though the dictator didn't mind. He respected Nyxia, and was rather pleased that their relationship wasn't strictly formal. If everyone in the kingdom treated him like some high king, he'd go crazy. In a way, she was to thank for that reality being averted. If they hadn't gone back and forth about those kinds of titles, and others had not heard those ramblings, the majority of 'important' inhabitants would continue to call him by such things. Those ones learned, too. However, he was less forgiving than with Nyx.

Alcohol. Having led a rather peculiar life growing up, Uzogg had never been exposed to such substances. The first time he'd partaken of the poison had been the celebration of a new dictator being chosen, and after the third glass, he couldn't remember a single moment of it. That was a fact he chose not to reveal to others, though certainly some of them had known after recalling events involving him only to be met with a blank stare. And the morning after was hell. Since then, he'd more or less avoided the subject, adhering to the idea that ingesting poisons was a bad idea. An idea that was in no way brought about by his inability to handle them. Right.

"Nothing is the matter," Uzogg stated, hoping that Nyxia hadn't made the connection between the thoughts of alcohol and the unpleasant expression that had likely gripped his face while they were present. "We'll find the Admiral, and if he's in the proper condition to stand, perhaps he might also choose to visit the merchant with us." That sounded like a good enough change of subject, and a reason for them to not stay at the tavern long enough for him to consume too much.

A moment passed and Uzogg continued, "Though, I'd also like to know of his latest trip," only to pause with a semi-aloof expression on his face. No doubt, the Admiral would come across exotic wares far more often than some traveling merchant visiting the port. Though, that was not to say said merchant's wares were to be underestimated. "I've never been one to sail. Our kingdom is lucky to have such a capable man at it's helm." Thinking about it, all of the leaders were powerful. The admiral was a force to be reckoned with, and their previous general had been all but an army in and of herself. That kind of power, he respected.

M y x m o t i v a t i o n x a n x o a t h x I ' v e x s w o r n x t o x d e f e n d
M y x t r u e x v o c a t i o n x a n d x n o w x m y x u n f o r t u n a t e x f r i e n d
Y o u x w i l l x d i s c o v e r x a x w a r x y o u ' r e x u n a b l e x t o x w i n

Dapper Bear

10,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
Ӄɳʝɩ Ƞɑʞɑȿɑʞɑ Șɑgɑɼσ

(義) It was rare that Kenji showed any outward emotion other than contempt with certain people. He scowled deeply, a growl coming from his throat as he dropped the archer's head back into the dirt."Wrong answer," he said as his eyes narrowed. He had reached back from the lone nōdachi that rested across his back. While the blade was the length of his body, he was smart enough to cut a crevasse into the sheath to allow the blade to be drawn without too much hassle. It showed just how angered the samurai was, to use such a weapon.

(勇) However, instead he would spare the archer for this day. He turned his head as Sylmae spoke up. She was correct and he knew it. He could smell her blood from here, even over the powerful stench of death. "Count yourself lucky, meatbag. You get a chance at survival today." He dismounted and drew his blades free from the archer. Had he had the time, Kenji would have gotten more from the fool. He lifted the blades and begun to lick them clean, his tongue taking extra care for the runes that were etched into the steel. He turned his back to his wounded opponent, seeing as that fight as already won, and made his way over to Sylmae.

(仁) His touch was tender against her wound, fingertips probing the depth of it to insure that internal bleeding wouldn't be any issue. "I know. Be strong Mae. Be strong for mother." He took his hand away with a sigh. Her scent was strong now that his adrenaline was calming down, intoxicating and testing his patience. It took a lot for him to not lick his fingers, rubbing them against the dirt instead as he gathered Sylmae into his arms. He gazed to the darkening skies with a slight scowl. Looks as if his reports held true. This storm wasn't anywhere near being done with them it would seem. He silently cursed his men's dutiful work. "Hang in there, we will find shelter before the storm reaches us."

(禮) It was a simple thing to place the princess in front of him as they both mounted Lyra, one arm holding her in place as the other clenched the hilt of Sever with Lyra's coat between his fingers. Snow had already begun to fall in full force by the time they started up the mountain again. He took a deep breath and focused his chi into Sever. The runes began to glow with a green aura as the snow was driven back from them. Kenji's Airspace was large enough to cover the three of them. It protected against the harsh winds and blinding snow. Normally one wouldn't be able to see the Airspace without his say so, but the elements had another thing in mind.

(誠) He and Lyra pushed onward as Sylmae slipped through his hand, staining the she-wolf's coat. Even as weary as she was, the Drow still had her sense of direction. Her vision was on par with his own, but yet she was still able to point out the cave opening even before he had noticed it. 'I am panicking. She will be fine, the wound isn't too deep and she hasn't lost much blood yet.' He guided Lyra into the cave opening and let the airspace fall around them. He was gentle as he could be as he lifted her from Lyra's back, his sword dropped and forgotten for the moment. The wolf sensed her master's wishes and laid on her side to lick the blood away from her coat. "Sylmae, listen to me. I will return you home, but first you will need to keep pressure on this wound." He already had his hand there and he kept his gaze locked with her own. Vampires were hard creatures to ignore, given how captivating they could be.

(名誉) He was unprepared for this situation. He had no medical supplies and they had no means of starting a fire. As much as he hated to do so, he would need to venture out and gathered something to stop the bleeding. He picked up his dropped blade and stepped close to Mae. He lifted the skirt of her dress and began to cut it to shreds. They were equal enough in length so that he could dress her wounds. "I am sorry about the chill, but this needs to be done now before you lose anymore blood." He was dutiful as he was quick. Steel cut through fabric, freeing the Drow from her wet sticky clothing. Even with Lyra's warmth, he didn't want her to be nude for too long in this weather. Nimble hands cleaned, dressed and covered the wounds as best he could. He even used the tie from his hair to stature the wound shut.

(忠義) As he finished, Kenji begin to remove his own clothing. The cold never bothered him anyway. He was careful as he slipped layer after layer over her frail body. "Lyra, keep her warm for now. I will go and acquire kindling so that we can start a fire. If anyone but me returns..." He stood bare to the waist, his hair falling freely down his back. "Slaughter them. His voice was still as cold as the weather outside. He had much thinking to do, much planning. The storm would be his muse, the cold his instrument to figuring out what was going on.

(義)

Hardcore Hunter

User Image
User Image
Adviser:of: Ros'Kan.: The..World..Eater
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
xxxxxx
Location ┊Portside Tavern┊.x.With ┊ Dictator Uzogg and Admiral Zhoug┊.x.Thoughts ┊What is wrong with the men in this town?┊

Nyxia had to cover a short laugh that followed the Dictator's statement. Alcohol did strange things to men, at least how Nyx saw it- granted, she had no doubts that a dragonkin such as the Admiral could handle his liquor, in large amounts it would still affect their kind. Granted, as a seafaring individual, his consumption would be on a more... regular basis, than say, Nyxia or Uzogg's. Nyx honestly couldn't think of a time when Uzogg had partaken of any form of alcohol, whether it be social or otherwise. She wasn't one to judge, of course, and it was a good thing in her eyes that someone on this godforsaken rock didn't drink the stuff.

In truth, Nyxia had once been addicted to the feeling of drunkenness- it was a time long past, and one she longed to forget, but there all the same. One drink led to one more, led to one more... She shook the thought from her mind before nodding in agreement with Uzogg's statement. "I agree, his stories of life at sea are... Entertaining. What with pirates, and armies of faraway lands... It's refreshing to know that there are things out there we've yet to see. And if he's news of them, I'd like to hear whatever he knows." Stories such as those had fascinated her, even from a young age. If she were not so firmly rooted to the ground, she might have taken up a life at sea... But as it was, Nyxia much preferred to keep her feet on solid ground.

The rest of the walk was kept mostly in comfortable silence, the need for words nonexistent between the pair. The kind of camaraderie they shared was such as this- conversation was something they had as easily as silence. Upon reaching the Tavern, they were met with hushed voices- though they weren't necessarily an uncommon sight around town, it was a rare occassion they graced the pubs with their presence. Such a sight, it seemed, the barkeep lost his composure for a moment before quickly procuring two large mugs before thinking to ask what they wanted. Nyx held up a hand, waving him off- they weren't here to drink.

"Admiral, good to see you've arrived back in Port. Any news from the sea?"

Hardcore Hunter

User Image

Sylmae watched with detached interest as Kenji probed the archer for answers, and upon finding none, moved for his blade- more specifically, his nōdachi- Sylmae had never seen him use it before, not even in some fairly dire situations... He'd never needed it in her presence. His anger felt like an overwhelming aura, hot and smothering... She didn't like it. It made her uncomfortable to see him like this, though she understood his reasoning behind it. No doubt her rage would be beyond her control if he were ever to be injured- no. She didn't want to think about it.

Kenji had withdrawn his blades from the man, licking them clean before resheathing them. At least his bloodlust was contained for the time being. As he approached, inspecting the wound, she drew away from him slightly- it hurt, of course, but needed to be done. A shiver went down her spine as she swept her into his arms, mounting Lyra and making sure she was safe before him. His arm held her safely in place, and beneath it, Sylmae's worries began to melt away. Snow nor icy wind reached them, and it was well for it- the kind of cold that came from a blizzard of Winterfell could sap the heat from your very bones.

The darkness of the cave was a welcome thing, along with the slight warmth that it held. Sylmae found herself resting against Lyra's warm frame, her eyes locked with Kenji's while he spoke. Pressure... Yes. She would keep pressure on the wound to stem the bleeding as much as she could. Her eyes wandered elsewhere while he set to work on cutting her dress- one of her favorites- into strips to help seal the wound. As he cut away, she shrugged off what was remaining, a thin layer of underclothes remaining. Her corset hadn't survived the attack, and that too was tossed aside to be used for something else later on. Her arms instinctively crossed her chest to ward off the chill that was beginning to settle in on her, but in the back of her mind she remembered what Kenji had told her to do. After he was done dressing and cleaning the wound, she again provided what pressure she could to keep from soaking the makeshift bandages completely.

A blush rose to her cheeks as he began to undress, her mouth opening slightly for a sound of protest as he placed them atop her. Before she could object, he had given his orders to Lyra, and begun to leave. "Kenji..." Stay with me. Don't leave... I want you here... "Be careful."

LOCATIONAmethyst Cave
STATUSNumb
THOUGHTS...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers