Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devout Genius

User Image
I SAW THE LIGHTS GO DOWN AT THE END OF THE SCENE ◝ ↘↘
______________________________________________________________light a fire light a spark light a fire light a spark
_____________________________________________________________light a fire light a spark light a fire light a spark

WHEN THEY SMASHED MY (HEART) INTO SMITHEREENS _______

A conglomeration of the first world war and the second world war flung into the a
                                          dystopian future. This is the brain child of a love for darker themes, war and surprises.
                                          Be wary of a lot of references to historical events and anagrams of people from history.
                                          Expect lots of pain, insanity and traitorous behaviour from your so called allies. Dedication
                                          to the max here. I would like multiple arcs and such. I also want people who are able to
                                          provide plot ideas and plot twists.

We're full.

With thanks to miss megumegu
                                          for completing the information when I had given up.Graphics from pixiv
                                          Editing by parchments creator parchments
                                          moderated by parchments and divine_or_not
                                          User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Devout Genius

User Image

User Image
______________________________________________________________light a fire light a spark light a fire light a spark
_____________________________________________________________light a fire light a spark light a fire light a spark

WHEN THEY SMASHED MY (HEART) INTO SMITHEREENS

Beneath the darkening sky, the soldiers from both sides, the Allied Entente and the Axis Wrath, stood. A sliver of dust coated the blackening sky, masking the flickering lights which stood valiantly behind it. Silence engulfed the area save for the sounds of rustling leaves which sauntered towards the fear stricken soldiers. Stories of the previous wars had gotten to them. These 'war heroes' didn't fight for glory. They fought for death.

The Entente stood behind a hastily built line of defense, warily watching the forest for any signs of movement. Snipers from high vantage points trained their weapons on the trees that shivered in the evening wind. Breaths danced in front of the soldiers as they waited patiently, their hands shaking from the cold or pure fear, no one truly knew or wanted to admit.

One lonely bullet wailed as it passed through the air from the opposing side, the catalyst for destruction. Behind the fortifications, each soldier raised their weapon, clicking it to life. Now was not the time to think, now was the time to act. Soon, trees began to fall down, quickly. Thud! Behind it was a huge armoured tank which rolled through the rocky terrain, easily sliding through the woody barriers. The chunky vehicle spoke of the enemy's superiority aimed at the soldiers who hid to no avail. They fell. One. By. One.

A soldier pulled out a grenade, teeth gripping the pin before spitting it out. There was no hesitation as he threw it over the sandbags and took cover, hands pressed firmly against his ears as he waited for the vibrations to travel through the ground. As soon as the it exploded, the bullets ceased and almost in sync, the soldiers looked to the sky. A brighter light glazed in the atmosphere, catching fire as it fell, splitting into many - a shower of shards.

It looked like shrapnel. As soon as both opposing empires realised and came to that conclusion, the battle resumed. But soon, there were too many bullets from the enemy lines that it was suicide to even attempt to fight back. The soldiers pressed their backs against the sand bags, a few holding their last grenades. They whispered to each other, giving limp smiles as they prepared for the last throw. When the order had reached the air, a flurry of explosions adorned the landscape.

"Fall back!" A General barked the order and like wildfire, the soldiers began to retreat, scrambling to their feet. Soldiers fell, lying face deep into the grassy floors, sleeping in a flimsy muddy grave. A few slipped, their shoes unable to grip the waterlogged grass. As they ran, shrapnel buried itself into the skins of the soldiers but to the unsuspecting victims, the shards from the sky landed and dug into parts of the fleeing party. These five soldiers felt nothing though, thinking it to only be the shrapnel from the heavy firing enemy.

Those who led the Axis' battalion stood proudly on the sandbags, the General grinned. He turned on his heel to look at his battalion, eyeing the sea of people with glory. Bits of the shards from the sky had nuzzled and gone beneath the skin of a few members of their fleet.

"Forward, men!" the General shouted in German and the order was repeated in Russian, his gun pointing to the sky. He held the trigger and the bullets cracked manically, spiralling into the air before consumed by gravity once more - a shower of bullets. The soldiers cheered, they too repeating the action and the battalion moved forward into France.

The year was 2136. Alsace and Loraine had been lost once more.

_____________ LIGHT A FIRE A FLAME IN MY HEART
                                                  ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
                                                  THE FAILURE AND SUCCESS _________
                                                  __________________w e'l l r u n w i l d w e'l l b e g l o w i n g i n t h e d a r k
                                                  ____________________________▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

The Allied Entente's soldiers fled to Britain, most by furtive expeditions by planes in the night. These were silent and they took the Entente's soldiers, unknowingly to the Axis Wrath. Over twenty-two hundred thousand soldiers were recovered but one small battalion remained in France, acting as spies for the Entente. Operation 「Garner」 was a success. But they had lost France.

⇘ Paris; March 6th 2136; 23:55

The Generals pranced around the city, declaring their superiority. The first job was to destroy the Eiffel Tower, the defining point of France. The tanks were in place, surrounding the beloved monument and one by one they shot at the Eiffel Tower, making the French watch as their beloved monument fell to pieces. The French were sent to create a new monument in the Eiffel Tower's place: the leader of the Axis Wrath.

The other monuments remained and Paris continued living with Axis occupation. Inflation occurred and all produce had to be given to the Axis Wrath's soldiers before they were distributed to the civilians. This caused widespread starvation and only the farming communities were able to feed themselves well.

⇘ London; March 7th 2136; 09:30

The British Empire's Prime Minister initiated an emergency video conference, leaders of the neutral empires or small countries gathered - the Asian Empire, the American Empire. The leader of the French Empire had fled with the soldiers and sulked in the background - news of the Eiffel Tower's demise had reached him.

"This is your battle, Prime Minister Huntswill," the American president said, leaning back on his chair, an almost amused grin upon his face. His tie had been loosened and he gazed into the distance. "It is exactly like last time, isn't it?"

"Don't be ridiculous," the Prime Minister spat angrily. His face burned with fiery passion and his hand clutched the table tightly. "It's nothing like last time. God dammit, is everything a joke to you? We could be losing land here, President. Land and resources." Huntswill parted his lips morosely, stifling an exhalation of annoyance. "Your beloved economy will crumble."

The President shrugged."I'll give you the weapons as long as you can afford it."

The Prime Minster looked at the screen directly, his gaze unrelenting, "We'll pay you back."

"Good."

⇘ London; June 20th 2136; 14:30

The Prime Minister stood by the window. There was a soft rapt at the door. The leader mumbled something and the woman at the door walked in purposely. She stopped in front of his desk, her heels snapped together and her hand jerked to her forehead. Huntswill turned around slowly and watched her wearily.

"At ease," he waved her off with one hand, his back hunched over.

"Sir," she said and her arms hung limply by her side but she remained stiff. "I think we have five men who could help us regain France and Poland."

"Why are they so special?" he asked, sighing. Dark shadows had formed beneath his eyes and his hand shook uncontrollably from the amount of coffee he had consumed the previous day.

"I am not entirely sure sir," she said. "But they have been exhibiting unexplainable powers."

"Really?" the Prime Minister asked dubiously. "Please, I am not in the mood for miracles."

"I'm certain sir," she said. "And this is a miracle. I promise you. Come see."

⇘ Berlin; June 20th 2136; 14:30

The Führer stood by the window, a small smirk on his face. After years of turmoil, he had finally managed to gain an advantage over the Entente. Soon, they would initiate Operation 「Postman」.

"Sir," his General walked into the room brusquely. He stood in front of the leader's desk, raising his arm to salute the leader. Fiord returned it and he walked around the desk, grinning at his General.

Fiord placed his hand on the General's shoulder and squeezed it. "Isn't this a fine day?"

The General nodded and brushed his leader's hand off his shoulder. "Mein Führer, I have news."

"The good kind?"

"The best kind."

"What is it?"

"There have been reports that five soldiers have developed powers."

"Powers?" The leader looked at his General, squinting, making his eyes glow gold. "You dare lie to me?"

"No sir," the General quickly said. "I'll show you. This will change everything."

Devout Genius

User Image

User Image

THE USAGE OF MIND _________
                                                  __________________w e'l l r u n w i l d w e'l l b e g l o w i n g i n t h e d a r k

When using powers that have been labelled under the influence of the 'mind' - eg. telephathy - one is subjected to mental barriers falling, reality being warped or inability to concentrate on the given task. Depending on the user, the results vary but they all effect the mental capacity of the brain. Some may experience stimulative thoughts, racing and the ability to believe they can do anything while others may undergo depressive methods of thinking, inhibitions relaxing etc.

THE USAGE OF PHYSICAL _________

After using the physical aspect of these powers over a long period of time, the body starts to deteriorate. This can easily be remedied with rest but that is only a short term cure. Users become tired more often, sight can dull or possesses the inability to move limbs properly. It also becomes harder to do menial tasks. You'll often find these people having the need to replenish their energy by eating more food and consuming a lot more caffeine in order to stay awake. But whenever the power is utilised, all of these crippling factors disappear. Only a few hours later from using this power does the effects become noticeable.

THE USAGE OF SOUL _________

The effects of using soul can be drastic to the body. These people experience both crippling effects of mind and physical. But much worse. These people suffer from constant headaches, the inability to keep one's hands still and fatigue. Often, they are not approachable and short tempered due to the invasion of mental and physical deterioration. Yet whenever they use the power, they can escape the haze they live in. This desire to be sane causes the person to fall deeper and deeper into chaos.

Devout Genius

User Image

User Image

SEPTEMBER; A TIME OF STRUGGLE AND DECEIT _________

⇘ Cardiff; September 4th 2136; 10:32
                                                        People waited on the shores, their eyes watching the horizon. The sun had left the boundless sparkling sea and hung limply in the sky, sending rays of warmth amongst the people. A few planes were overhead, making laps to and fro, keeping an eye on the boats and any form of enemy vehicles, poised. As the shipping boat made its way to the docks, it caught on fire. Soon, an onslaught of bullets reached it and the people in the boat ducked. It was coming from two planes above. The Entente's planes immediately responded, shooting but the Axis Wrath had gained superiority in the air. Buoyancy failed and the boat slowly sunk into the water, black victory smoke intertwining itself into the air. The initial stage of Operation「Postman」had worked.

⇘ Poland; September 4th 2136; 2:20
                                                        Despite valiant efforts from the Polish army, they were unable to hold back the Russians as they ploughed through the land, killing everyone and smashing anything until surrender was in place. Most Polish soldiers were unable to flee the country and now serve under the Fuhrer's reign and the British who aided are now locked up in Prisoner of War camps in Breman.

⇘ London; September 20th 2136; 1:22
                                                        British Forces have been unable to stop German aircraft from bombing American Shipping. Supplies are running low and there have been strains on British Farmers to produce more for the soldiers.

⇘ Lyon; September 21th 2136; 3:14
                                                        There has been resistance prevalent on this half of the country. Axis soldiers have decided to rid them once and for all, sending them to prisoner camps near Augsburg. This has instilled fear into the other French resistance groups and they have gone back to work.

Devout Genius

User Image

User Image

STAGE ONE A TIME TO WIN _________

INITIATING OPERATION 「LUCID」User Image
                                                            ⇘ Belgium; September 22nd 04:00 (DAWN)
                                                            The Entente have sent FRIEL, COOPER and BADON to Belgium with better weapons in attempts to break the stalemate. The Entente's forces have been planning to secure Belgium once and for all, hoping to get an advantage due to surprise.

However, there has been a tip off from a spy positioned in England, 'Alexandre'. O'CONNOR, CASTILLO and EMILIAN have been ordered to go to Belgium, knowing that the Entente have sent the people with powers to the battlefield. They remain oblivious to the Entente's true plans and aim to match the opposing team's power as the battle commences.

TARGET « NIKOLAI »
                                                            An undercover spy has been recently uncovered, known to be allied with the Entente. He has been posing as a Russian member of the Axis Wrath and has been sending military information to the Entente. His real name is Conrad and he is from the United Kingdom.

TARGET « ALEXANDRE »
                                                            Another spy has been lurking in England, helping out with mission planning. Acting to be from Norway, the strange accent has finally been uncovered. Now both sides have prisoners of war and both people are extremely valuable to be kept alive. Alexandre's real name is Elias and he is from Greece.

The Entente and the Axis have decided to trade spies and this trade will occur on the English Channel. JINTAO and MICHAUX have been sent with 'Alexandre' to meet INGRAM and D'AMBROSIO with their half of the bargain.

Devout Genius

Devout Genius

Devout Genius

Devout Genius

Devout Genius

Devout Genius

Devout Genius

Devout Genius

Devout Genius

Devout Genius

Quick Reply

Submit