This poll closed on March 7, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 >

Bashful Receiver

User Image
~/Bartholomew/~
Del Rosa

~~~

The night was drawing closer by the second, the day had been warm and peaceful but that would all change soon enough. It would change back into its dark form, it would come alive like some rabid beast which had been slumbering and with it all of the lowest of scum. Deviants who prey on the weak, the cool night air would be filled with screams, cries for help that would never come, raised voices and the tell tale sounds of someone’s life ending violently. But that was how life was in Haven, for those who knew how to survive such sounds were learned to be ignored. All of this was far more common in the region of dilapidated houses where serpents disguised as men slink about dispensing their poisonous venom like candy. Where the weak willed go to escape reality or to invest in some form of protection, but no matter who you were, you had to either be desperate or insane to venture there without knowing full well what they might run into.

In one building in particular, a run down two story house with weatherworn and hole riddled walls and a door that hung on but a single hinge, a young man lay sleeping, covered only in a dirty sheet. The room in which he was residing had a large hole near the center where the floor had caved in, the only furniture was a beaten up and dirty mattress which was what he was sleeping on. The young man appeared to be in his early twenties, medium length black hair covered his face though seemed to be naturally unruly. He was completely bare, only his lower regions and most of his legs were modestly covered by the sheet, but what could be seen showed that his skin was a pasty white and his frame was thin, underfed. His breathing seemed slightly labored as a groan seemed to come from deep within his chest. Moments passed before he started to stir, shifting he slowly pushed himself up so that his arms supported him. It was then that a second figure started to stir, an older looking man probably in his thirties or forties. Like the younger he appeared to be wearing nothing.

Pausing, the dark haired male allowed his eyes to slowly open. They were a brilliant crimson color but their true radiance had long since vanished and was replaced with a blood shot look and dark bags. An irate frown had tugged his lips down as he combed his thin fingers through his messy tresses to scratch at an itch that had bubbled up. Mind foggy as he tried recalling past events that lead him to his present situation, all he was greeted with was an angry headache and chills. His gaze slowly drifted over towards the larger sleeping male before a look of realization formed followed by an amused sneer. Not saying a word, he looked around quickly and soon found his discarded clothes. Pulling on his moth eaten, long sleeve black shirt he reached over and very carefully dug into the other man’s things. It took a short moment before he found what he was looking for, valuables. It seemed that this man was holding out on him. Smirking, he tugged his equally as tattered pants on before his bare foot tapped against something cool. Looking down, it was an empty syringe, there were a few other objects lying around that explained his headache; however, just the sight of it made his lip twitch and his hands flex tightly before the left shot up and gripped the crook of his right elbow. Itching at it, he shook his head and swiftly took his leave. Staying there any longer would cause problems, if there was one thing that stuck with him though the years it was never stick around when you’ve just robbed somebody.

Once he had put a reasonable distance between himself and the run down house, the young man paused and leaned against a rusted car frame. His hands trembled causing him to drop the trinkets he’d lifted. They clattered on the ground as his knees gave out. He’d hit the ground next, landing rather painfully and forcing a sharp breath to be drawn in. His already pale features seemed to lose what little color was left as a cold sweat started to form. Scoffing, he gathered up the items and tucked them away into his pocket. Normally he would be carrying around a bag, but he must have left it at one of his other hiding places. Which one, he wasn’t really sure, or maybe he left it at the dealers place. Yeah, that’s where it was, it had to be there.

Grinning to himself as he hoisted himself back onto his feet, he started walking again, his path a haphazard zigzag but his destination was all the same.

User Image
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ Tsume R. Sou x▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Theme: One Day in May

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ I found an empty month

xxxxAnd tried to fit it into something ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Other than the way I thrive

xxxxThe things I do to stay alive ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I am: in Finch’s home.
I feel: hungry, curious, and thoughtful.
I am with: Finch

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Finch complemented Tsume's name, then gave the back of a his hand a kiss. He gave the older man a small smile, while at the same time he couldn't help but think this was partially amusing. Quite the gentleman, which he was thankful for. If he'd offered a week to another man, chances were he wouldn't be able to walk properly for a few days after. That, or he would be dead. This week would be interesting, he thought, because this was the longest he would be selling himself, though he wasn't going to spend the entire time on his back. He expected a companion for a week as well. Finch coaxed him to go with, and Tsume followed, keeping his fingers laced with Finch's. They walked a short distance and stopped in front of a manhole cover. He gave Finch a few seconds to descend before doing the same. As he went down, he caught himself thinking they were like the American Santa Clause, only the chimney led underground. When Tsume's feet touched actual ground, he looked around. To those who didn't live in Haven, this dwelling would seem to be the home of a hermit, but in Haven, this was one of the most luxurious rooms he'd seen. Not the nicest he’d seen, but it was pretty decent.

Thoughtfully, the long haired male looked around at all the rare trinkets, then looked at Finch with an inquiring look. Was Finch not aware of thieves, or were the man’s treasures more protected than they appeared? His gaze slid to the two swords over the bed. Yes, he was quite sure they were protected now. Tsume didn’t bring this up in the conversation, for the words would seemed suspicious when spoken aloud. And to be honest, he wasn’t interested. He wasn’t the type to steal. He was only in it for the necklace, which his gracious host still had. Well, no matter, he’d let Finch keep it as insurance in case things went wrong. The older man’s voice led Tsume away from his thoughts. Now that he really thought about food, he hadn’t eaten since the night before, and the forgotten hunger raged. Willingly enough, the former spy sat down -- he enjoyed the low table; how nostalgic -- on one of the thicker blankets and watched quietly as Finch took out the food. When seeing what the older man had, Tsume’s eyes lit up. Though no one would think it, the small man enjoyed to eat. He could think of many stories in which he’d baffled parents and friends. Especially his parents. His mother thought it a wonder he wasn’t fat. So when Finch gave Tsume the bread and an apple to go with it, he took a bite and savored. His aunt, who was a professional cook, and an avid lover of food as he (though you could tell by her girth), taught him many things about food. “Cooking is the most unappreciated action in the world,” his aunt raved, “So when you eat, savor. Enjoy. With a twinkle in her eyes she’d once told him: ‘the poor enjoy food more when it comes to food.‘ Tsume hadn’t understood that logic before he’d come to Haven, but he did now, and took her advice every once in a while. “It’s good,” he said after he swallowed. While he worked on the bread, he felt Finch’s eyes on him once more. When the other raised questions, he paused. The bread was filling his stomach quickly, and he decided to switch to the apple once he answered the questions. “Yes,” he said, looking at the other with interest. He’d seen people from different countries before, but Tsume thought the other looked more German than anything else.

At the mention of how long he’d been in Haven, the young man’s face grew thoughtful. As if he’d wanted to be reminded. Let’s see... He’d arrived on a warmer day in fall. He remembered this fact because he’d watched the different colored leaves go by when they drove him over to Haven. Before living trees turned to blackened skeletons, shadowy ghosts of the organisms they once were. He remembered the guards showing him through the miles long minefield and into the city he went, totally unaware of what he’d gotten himself into. Now that he was dwelling in the past, he was surprised as to how long he’d survived. He gave it a thought, and replied. “This is my sixth year here,” he replied. Tsume gave Finch a grim smile. The older male had been here longer than him, he could tell by the way he was living leisurely now. As for his own wealth, he didn’t mind not being well off. His nests, which was what he’d called them, were well hidden, but once in a while, a thief would come across one by sheer accident and loot it. That was a main reason for his lack in funds. But after the first few times, Tsume became indifferent. It was said that life was more interesting through poverty, though at times the younger male wished he could punch the first person who’d said it in the face.

Tsume took a drink of water from his own canteen and took a bit of the apple. He closed his eyes in bliss at the taste, since it’d been years since he’d tasted anything so sweet. When he swallowed the first bite down, he gave Finch an appreciative look before taking another. It must have been hard for the man to obtain fruits in this city. When he was finished with the apple, Tsume gazed at the other quietly, then satisfied, he stood from the table - most of his food had been eaten - and walked to Finch's side of the table. He sat down next to the him and leaned against the other to put his head on his shoulder. "There's no need for distance," he said quietly. "You've bought both a lover and a companion for a week. You might as well enjoy it while I'm still here." Tsume had a point, because on the seventh day near the time he'd met the other, he would depart, and probably make it to one of his nests to stay. That night would be unpleasant for any who tried to attack him while he traveled. His sword, still leaned against the wall by room's entrance, would guarantee it. While they sat, Tsume waited for the other to finish eating before looking up at him. Now that he had a closer look at the other, he could truly say Finch looked good. He was well built and tanned; it seemed the other spent a lot of time in the sun. As for Tsume, though he also spent man days in the sun, his skin refused to turn such a color. He seemed to remain the same year around. Blond hair and blue eyes made these features stand out in a way only Europeans could portray. And the other was clean, as if he'd just recently taken a bath. Later on, if they were not busy, Tsume would ask the other where he could bathe, since his last bath was with boiled river water. A bath with clean water was rather tempting.

Invisible Hunter

9,725 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
User Image
User Image
XXXXXXXUser ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image
xcccccccccccccxUser Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcccccccccxxxxxxxxxUser ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
XXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
User Image

████████████████████████████████████████████████

Exhaling deeply, Terra sighed and blinked lightly before covering his face with his large hands. Why did... the sun had to be so bright and blinding on the day he wanted to sleep for once? He groaned weakly as he sat up from a rooftop of a random rundown abandoned house. Calm, peaceful and silent days really agitate the young man as he yawned, before sitting up quietly. Nothing to do. He wasn't especially thirsty or hungry, nor he wanted to steal anything. He had to do something. Anything. Cause trouble. Trouble. Yes... That sounded real good. Real good. Anything to keep his boredom out of control.

Rubbing his eyes silently, Terra let his two feet dangle off the rooftop as he scanned the ruined 'Haven' for random passing strangers that looked somewhat interesting. Rubbing his eyes groggily, he spot a young man. Most likely younger than him, but he seemed almost half insane. And his red eyes didn't help his case. He didn't really want to make any assumptions, but the way the young man was just... staring off into space and acting half drunk and mental, it was hard NOT to think he's a druggie. Terra sighed in the back of his head as he created makeshift binoculars with his hands to 'get a better view'. He was probably... a low life druggie. Probably.

"Looks fun now. Let's have some fun now~"

Terra jumped up happily and stretched his arms happily as he kept an eye on the young man that was now currently wandering around in a zigzag fashion. It almost intrigued the young man as he scanned the ground, to see where it was safe to land. Terra grabbed his longsword and strapped it on his back before jumping off the building. Letting out a small sigh, he stretched out his hands and grabbed onto a pole that skewered two houses. It was almost perfect as the young man launched himself onto the ground, completely unharmed.

Spinning around, Terra touched his hair lovingly as he stood up proudly and dusted his jacket, trying to get every speck of dirt of the long coat. As a child, Terra never got hurt whenever he jumped off of buildings. In fact, that was something he did often, considering he found climbing things fun, and he was an athletic kid. And the best part of climbing things, it the view. Except in changed from the tall pin tree in his school, to a 7 story building over time. His parents used to freak out, thinking that he would commit suicide. Letting out a sharp laugh, he rubbed his head slightly as he thought about his past.

Honestly, the young man cursed himself in the back of his head, mainly because it wasn't something he wanted to remember... Especially when you have a death sentence in this god forsaken place. Exhaling deeply, he stepped out of the alley to see the young man wandering."Hey! Yes you. Ruby eyes, that means you! What're doing here? Got any business 'round here?"

Letting out a dark smile, Terra folded his arms happily stared directly into the other's eyes. The bright red color of his eye really irked the young man. It's almost as if his eyes were legit rubies. He exhaled deeply and smiled wider. It didn't matter what the criminal did. He was boredAnd he needed something to entertain him, even if it was for only one minute.

╔══════════════════╗
Ŧhe end is near...
╚══════════════════╝

Company - .... Ruby Eyes.

Location - ..... Streets in the Haven

Feeling – ... bored yet amused.

OOC – ... I hope this post is acceptable... I suck at writing I know....

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

( I C A N ` T B E L I E V E T H I S )xxxxx
            xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ` Consume me like wildfire...

xxxxxThe tip of my sword...___________
            x
            __________________________ x───x x───x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

" I W A N N A B E Y O U R S A V I O R"

Seeing how curious the other looked made him smile. It hadn't been long since he last saw that face, but that was what he liked. Sometimes, he gave those cute smiles to the most broken of people. He wished everyone could be like that, so fascinated by small things so that they don't break from looking at the whole shitty picture. "Six years eh? Time seems to drag on." He nodded a little bit as he said that, but he knew it was different for everyone. Sometimes the year passed quickly, sometimes it dragged on. It depended on what was going on. The grim smile he got made him drop the topic. But what else was there to do? He could do Tsume? Things didn't happen that fast for him. He liked to play with his pray. Unless Tsume begged him, he doubted he would do anything. When the other got up, he followed him with a slightly interested pair of eyes, such a bright brilliant blue.

At how cute the other was being he could hardly keep from smiling. Every facial expression Finch made looked so sincere when in fact, he could easily lie. Right now though, his smile was earnest. Tsume was cute, while still being enough of a man to protect himself. That's what he liked in a companion. Little boys who cried when he yelled where usually raped and beaten to death. There were also drugs. A date rape overdose. "Mmm... I can't buy a lover, but I can buy a body." He corrected, eyes narrowing a little bit. Lover... he didn't really like that word. Since he had gone into the military at age fifteen, he never really experienced what a lover was other than a sex partner. Finch went quiet for a minute and raised his eye brow at the other. "Don't worry, I will enjoy it, even if it seems like I won't." He replied. No, he wouldn't just tell the other to get in bed and screw him every night. That's not how Atticus played and Tsume would soon figure that out.

"There clearly isn't much to do." He said as he leaned back on his hands. "You know, you look more tired of this place than I do." Anyone within a week would tire of this place, but Finch never seemed to mind it in Haven. It was as if he was immune to the constant brutality of savage humans. He opened his mouth to speak once more when he heard the sirens. Great... He thought to himself. Out of most places though, his was probably the most safe since it was a good ways underground and the walls were thick concrete. He climbed the ladder and locked the manhole cover with the multiple chains he had. Once making sure it was secure, he climbed back down and looked down at his companion. Off in the distance it sounded as though a small bomb hit the ground. It made the ground shake slightly, but nothing bad. After about fifteen minutes, the sirens went off again, meaning the bombers were gone. "Aha now~ another man safe thanks to me, Atticus Daniel Finch." Clearly he was kidding, but wanted to see if he could amuse the other. Sighing, he went over to the bed and flopped down on it. He hadn't done much all day but he was tired.

"Come here~ Rub my back for me will you? Clearly I push myself too hard~" Atticus chuckled some and kicked his shoes off. He took his swords off of his back and set them on the ground. He then pulled off his shirt to reveal the multiple brandings on his lower back. This was not the first camp he was sent to, nor was this the first time he was caught. This was just the longest place he stayed. A fancy looking H was the most prominent branding on him. Thank god they still didn't brand the new comers. They don't keep track of who is here and who isn't anymore. People arrive too quickly and people die too quickly. When the other came over though, he quickly gave him a peck on the lips, just stealing one at first. He wasn't in the mood yet, so he would wait until he was. Atticus was not like most other men, he wasn't a horny, thieving b*****d.

[OutOfTime; ..]
User ImageUser Image
                    xxxxxxxUser Image

User Image

"Don't blame me for your addiction."

The morning had started like many of Ao's days here in Haven. He woke up, refreshed and in a better mood than he had been in the day before. And, like many of these mornings, he didn't wake alone. In the cartel leader's bed lay a younger man, about the age of 18. The boy, one of Haven's many prostitutes, had lately taken to his groups drugs. And just the day before, the teen asked to lay with him; a request Ao had no problem accepting. The teenager, small and thin with strawberry blond shoulder length hair, moaned lightly in his sleep and turned on his side. Along his back were the traces of their nighttime activities. Ao stood next to the lumpy bed, bare as the day he was born. He smiled to himself in pleasure of his work, and leaned in to kiss the boy's neck, the tender skin right under the ear. The boy shivered in response, and buried his face in the pillow. Obviously his night hadn't been as pleasurable as Ao's. The The skin held two tiny dots, where he'd inserted one of his many needles. One of the older man's activities had been finding all the boy's pleasure points, and sticking a needle in it. Literally. T

Ao chuckled softly, and left the boy alone to his thoughts as he got ready for his day. His cronies were a respectable work force, as ruthless as their leader, but they were stupid. They needed attention, a voice to lead, so to speak. And Ao fit the bill perfectly. The cartel leader started getting into his suit, a charcoal black with a striped tie. The suit itself was quite worn from his many struggles, but it brought him a sense of regal absoluteness. His morning breather, a rolled cigarette, lay on the desk across from the room, and there Ao went. He took out an old match, stroked it against the desk, and lit the cigarette. The first inhale was like a heaven in Haven. He looked at the boy again, then exited his bedroom. He was finished with the male, and had no intention of seeing him again. Men with faces like that didn't last long in this ruined city. They were beaten and raped over and over, and if they didn't go out in violence, they went out in bliss, with a nice overdose of drugs. It happened many times over. There were, of course, a few exceptions.

A man, not of unruly 18, but in his mid twenties with long hair and the face and body that made a man want him, not only as a partner, but as a decoration. He was a Japanese swordsman, rumored to only sell himself if he truly needed the funds for daily life. As attractive as the young was, Ao knew he was also deadly. He'd seen the aftermath of the one named Tsume. Men who'd tried to attack him were known to be found beheaded, castrated, or in some unique cases, cut completely in half. A beautiful yet formidable foe. The drug lord's thoughts trailed as he saw something in the middle of his living room floor. A sack, and one he'd seen before. The thing looked as ruddy as it's owner: Bartholomew Del Rosa, one of Ao's best thieves and worst addict. "Urg," he said, looking down at the thing. It stank like the sewers. "You," he said gesturing to his nearest man. "Take that to the porch. It reeks. The other obeyed, and Ao looked at the clock. It was time to open up shop.

{You're absolutely fine luu. Btw, I wanted to see what your profile would look like with writing. Looks great ~}

User Image

I feel: amused and peaceful.

Tsume blinked while the other man smiled to him. It was a charming expression, and the younger one smiled in return. Such an infectious smile... "Like an eternity," he replied, agreeing fully to the man's comment. The war itself seemed as if it'd started hundreds of years ago. When he went to the other's side, he saw the slightly interested look on the other's face. When Finch corrected him, Tsume arched his brow. Hadn't the other felt love at least once in his life? For some, it was a definite no, but for the younger man, he'd had a lover before. To be with the other was pleasure in itself, and for many of his better partners, he tried to convey the same comfort of being with someone who cared for you.

Tsume gave a small knowing smile. "No, I guess you can't buy a lover, but you might come to love one of the bodies you buy." This didn't apply to him, he was quite sure the week would carry out as he'd planned, but one day there would be a someone. There always was for every person on Earth. Tsume dropped the conversation, and applied himself to the change of subject. When the other said he would enjoy it, he smiled. The man was good in comforting others. Finch leaned back, and Tsume sat straight as he listened. Yes, there was nothing to do, but he was used to it. He'd sat in the middle of bare rooms for hours, usually when his mother commanded him to think about honor, or sometimes just to think. His mother didn't find his ideas of love great as he did. "I can bear it," he replied. Better be here than outside, defending himself on his way to the safety of one of his nests. "Besides," he said, "My hiding places are almost as simple as this." Tsume didn't believe in material objects. He only kept things he needed. The sirens of an air raid went off, and as if it were a natural thing, Finch climbed up, chained the manhole shut, and descended before the bomb impacted. The explosion was only a shudder of earth under his feet, but Tsume felt bad for those within the blast zone. Bombs were getting deadlier by the year. Though the moment was serious, Finch seemed to make the younger man laugh for the first time that night. The other brought a sense of humor to even the serious swordsman. "Oh stop," he laughed, "People probably died from that."

While Tsume's laughter subsided, Finch flopped on the bed, looking tired. At his call, the young man rose from his seat and made his way to the bed, going slowly so that Finch could take off whatever he wanted. As the older male's shirt went off, he looked with quiet observation. Brands decorated Finch's body, reminding him of the stories told by the older survivors, when they used to brand people to count. The most prominent, and most beautiful of the marks was a decorated H. When he arrived, Tsume received a small kiss on the lips. The younger one smiled, removed his own shoes, then tapped the other on the back. "I can't do a good job of rubbing your back if you're sitting up straight." He was quite relaxed as the other lay down, back exposed. From there, Tsume went to work, first working at the shoulders, then going steadily down to the lower back before working his way up again. When it came to massages, Tsume was quite skilled, so his mother said. And for Finch, he did his best. While he worked, his dark hair trailed down the other's back every few seconds, but he didn't want to tie it up, unless he was told to. He rather liked his hair down. Oddly, this was a calming process for him. "Does it feel good?" he asked, with a surprising note of tranquility. Perhaps this reminded him of home. Tsume was uncertain.

Bashful Receiver

User Image
~/Bartholomew/~
Del Rosa

~~~

It wasn't like he was that far away from the boss' main house, but to the rather ruffled young man the distance felt like an unnecessary journey. While his morning had been someone successful, or as successful as one stealing from a sleeping man could be, it wasn't difficult to see that Bartholomew's mood was rapidly declining. The knot in his stomach, either from hunger or his need for his usual early evening fix, was making his insides squirm. The cause really didn't matter since it was probably a combination of everything one lacked in this hellish place. The more he thought about it the more the back of his throat grew dry and scratchy. Grumbling and muttering to himself, he gave the back of his head a rather vigorous scratch. He felt nasty, and while he was not as refined and insistent on bathing like some of the other residence in Haven, that didn't mean he could go multiple days without feeling clean. When was the last time again? Bartholomew paused to think, it must have been at least four days. In this part of Haven one had to have something to barter with if they wanted a bath, though he could try going to the church. Just thinking about that made his skin crawl, churches....the thought of them, the thought of the people in them, it all irritated him. They think they're so high and mighty, that some all powerful creator gives a crap about them, that they have the right to look down and pity others.

This time his lip twitched, though his thoughts were quickly interrupted when a figure stepping out of an alley just out of the corner of his eye. Having not moved since he paused, Bartholomew slowly turned when the other called out to him. Giving the other male an irate yet questioning glare, he half wondered if this guy was new to these parts. He doubted it, but never the less. Sniffing and then taking the moment to actually consider the situation, Bartholomew just waved his hand indifferently before announcing, "Information is valuable, I don't give it freely you know." His voice, at one time, must have been pleasant but it now sound dry. There was an arrogant tone to it that gave away his ill mood. He then turned and started to walk away. Information was indeed something valuable, but in this case he simply had no desire to share his business with a complete stranger. He did look like he might have something valuable and he would have considered hitting this guy in the back of the head if he'd had a weapon on him, but again...his mood insisted otherwise.

Bartholomew paused after a few steps when his hands started trembling again. Sucking in and chewing on his bottom lip for a moment, the thought crossed his mind. The stuff he wanted, he didn't have any needles for, he'd have to steal them since he was certain what he had would only be enough to trade for the drugs....maybe....but then, he wanted to take a bath and that wasn't cheap. He didn't want to go to the church just for that...though the church might have something worth stealing. Scoffing, he shook his head before glancing over his shoulder back at Terra. Why had this guy approached him? There were only a handful of people who would do that and those who thought they could attack him usually wound up with a busted skull, those who wanted his services sometimes wound up the same way if their offer irritated him, and of course there were those who sold to him. But this guy didn't seem to fit any of those. Frowning, his suspicion shot straight up.

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

x

His eyes narrowed and his heart felt a little heavy when the other said he could possibly fall in love with a bought body. How would he know if he fell in love? Never had he felt it before. Sometimes, he wondered what it would be like, to really love someone, which was why he always bought people. For those hours or even days he would feel human, only to smile and wave when they left. "Ahh... That's right, people probably did die. How many do you figure?" He asked, almost cynically. Finch seemed too sweet to be that mean, but then again, he didn't seem too right in the head anyways. It look a lot for many to be gentlemen, especially in this situation. Haven didn't breed good men. As the other got to work, he felt his body relax, his defenses clearly going on. The only reason he didn't bother to really protect himself was that he knew Tsume wouldn't turn on him. The boy was... well, he couldn't call him dumb, clearly, but other men would stab him in the back now and take what he owned. Tsume was earning his trust.

"Tell me... Tsume. What was your life like before coming here? Any family? A lover?" He was more interested in the last thing he said. A lover... he wanted to have stories told to him, as if he were a little kid. He hummed happily whenever the other hit a spot that felt especially good and his skin tingled as that long black hair grazed over it. He flexed his muscles a bit so that when the other pressed down, he really eased them. And because he wanted to show off a bit. He wasn't a muscle man, but what he did have really stood out. For a little while, he went quiet and just let the other talk or work or whatever he wanted. Finch finally pushed himself up a bit and gave the other a charming smile. "Yes it did feel good~" All his words seemed to roll right off his tongue. There was never any hesitation. "Why don't I really put you to work now hm?" Finch raised his eyebrow then smirked at him. Tsume would definitely know what that meant.

Finch grabbed him by the shoulders and rolled their bodies on the bed so that he could look down upon his prize. "I hope this will be money well spent." Leaning down, he gave the other a kiss again, only to think about what was said previously. There was no way he could fall in love with someone he bought. Then again, he didn't even know what type he liked. A friend, someone he could count on... something like that. Wasn't that what everyone strives for? "Oh, and just so I play fair..." He took the necklace out from his pocket and he clipped it around Tsume's neck. "Even if you do leave, I will thank you for whatever time you have spent here." The odd part was that he was being dead serious. The other could now walk out whenever and he would not hunt him down. Over a copper necklace? He wouldn't do that. Silver, yeah, he would go after him and cut him to pieces. With just one more kiss to the lips, so sweet, like a soft peck, he was ready to begin...

Some time later...

The lack of sun warming the ground cooled his den off and he grabbed a blanket to cover his body. In the process, he covered both of them. Finch wasn't too much of a cuddler, but he still kept his arm around the other. It was too limp to move. He was too lazy. Now with that over, he was sure he spent good money on this kid. Tsume wasn't so bad after all. The man yawned a bit and rested his head comfortably on his squished pillow. He pushed some of the feathers back inside that were falling out so it would sort of stay nice and fluffy.

[OutOfTime; ..]
User Image

I feel: amused and peaceful.

Tsume pondered the question for a few good seconds before answering. "I'd say about 20," he said seriously. Though he really didn't know what bomb it was, the blast sounded a bit strong. "from impact itself. 13 from the radiation poisoning." As if they weren't around radiation enough. Some pilots just loved to drop a few bombs down on the already miserable city of Haven. When he started working on Finch's back, he slowly felt the other's body begin to relax. Which was good, he thought, because massages were meant to be an activity to relax to. Tsume worked in silence for a few minutes until Finch asked him about his life. There was something he could talk about with the least amount of mental agony. "Mmm, that's a long story," he said slowly. He thought about it for a moment before continuing. "I think the first thing you have to know is I lived in Japan. I grew up in one of the smaller cities," he said, leaving the city's out on purpose. He wasn't going to spill his whole life, but he'd give basics. "We weren't near the sea, and I focused on my studies, so my life was quite normal." He smiled a sheepish smile the other couldn't see, and continued. "As for my family, my mother is a housewife, and my father is a general. My little brother was taking his entrance exam, and my sister was still too young for school the last time I saw them." Tsume's voice revealed the pride he had in his younger siblings. Of course, it'd been six years since then, and with a pang, he reminded himself that they probably wouldn't have recognized him if he was right in front of them. Maybe Jun would, but not Megumi.

Tsume smiled at the mention of a lover. "Yes, I did have a lover. He was my best friend." He and Keisuke were childhood friends, and were best buds in primary school. The other had moved away, but they reunited in high school. "Ironically, our positions switched in high school. I used to be the tallest and strongest when we were little, and he looked up to me. But then, he moved away and had a hell of a growth spurt. In high school, I was one of the shortest people in my graduating class. Even the girls were taller than me." Tsume sighed. Underneath his hands, Finch's muscles flexed and eased, and if his hands hit specific spots, the older man would hum happily. Every time that happened, the younger man would pause to give those areas extra attention. Tsume's smile faded a bit. "When the war started, all healthy men and women were instantly drafted into the military, since the bombs hit our most important military bases. My lover and I drafted together, then parted ways. He went into the Navy while I was trained to be a spy. We broke up when the war progressed so that we could work during the war, and we haven't seen each other since. As for life after the war started, I began my first mission after two years of severe training and failed miserably. They sent me here after I was caught." Tsume finished his story, and watched as Finch pushed himself up and smiled at him.

When Finch spoke, the younger man gave sly smile of his own and brushed his lips against Finch's shoulder. "I suppose you should," he replied. The older man took him by the shoulders and rolled so that Tsume was under the other. "It will be," he replied. He was experienced, but was a rare 'item' on the market. He received another kiss, and this time he kissed back as he made the other's touch familiar. Tsume felt the cool metal of the copper necklace on his neck as Finch clipped it to his neck. He looked a bit reproachful as it settled against his skin. "You didn't have to," he replied. Though his morals were a little off tune, he always kept his word. But he let it drop as Finch gave him a sweeter kiss. What came next was to be expected...

The air seemed cool to Tsume's skin as his breathing started to even out. It'd been a while since he'd done it, but it was still pretty good. The feel of Finch's blanket covering his body felt good as he relaxed against the many pillows. He exhaled slowly and felt the other's arm around him, but didn't fight it. He moved a little this time, and found out he had the usual discomforts; nothing he couldn't handle. He didn't feel like moving much though. Tsume dozed for a while, then opened his eyes, alert and refreshed. Off to the side of the bed where they'd been left were Finch's swords and both their clothes. And, after a little glance, he saw his own sword where he'd left it, a small comfort of its own. Tsume rolled so that he was now facing the other; the copper necklace still hung around his neck. He rather liked the lazy feeling of content in the world that demanded your alertness to survive. It was quite pleasant. Tsume kissed Finch on the lips and lingered there for a moment before pulling back to look the other in the eyes. "Was that money well spent?" he asked softly. He didn't feel like putting much effort in the volume of his voice, so he kept it quiet. The younger man lay in bed to hear his answer before he sat up and stretched. He felt a lot better than he had this morning. Not bothering with his clothes, the long haired male made his way to the table and took one of the canteens from his bag. He was thirsty. When he got what he needed, he went back to bed and sat on the edge. After taking a drink himself, he offered the bottle to Finch and ran his fingers through his hair. It was getting a bit unruly. Tsume had a comb with him, but the combing process was easier if his hair was wet. "Do you know where a bath is?" he asked as he lay back down next to the other. Finch had earned a bit of Tsume's trust, so he felt more at home with the other. Perhaps, he thought, Finch could become one of his few trusted friends over time.

Invisible Hunter

9,725 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
User Image
User Image
XXXXXXXUser ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image
xcccccccccccccxUser Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcccccccccxxxxxxxxxUser ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
XXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
User Image

Terra tilted his head slightly and sighed as he tapped his shoulder impatiently. He bit his lip silently and continued to stare at the young man until their eyes met. A small grin slowly crept up his face as he walked towards the addict smiling widely. Shoving his hands in his coat pockets, he passed the other before spinning around, preventing the man to go forward. "Ruby Eyes, that's a bit rude don't you think? If the information I scouted is correct, I think you are the druggie thief correct?" Terra frowned slightly as he twirled his hair lightly jumping backwards excitedly. "Of course, you don't know me~ I'm not to too special, but you should still be nice right?"

Turning his head sideways, he spotted a sack in front of an old abandoned house. That's right... Terra just walked into the wrong district. Even as a child, he was never fond of drugs, alcohol or shots, and that was probably the only thing good about him considering how many times he managed to break the law. Walking up to the sack, the young man pulled out his sword and tapped the sack lightly before looking back at the thief happily. "That's yours correct? Take it. I can get better *****. Anyway, I think it's time you asked me a question. I asked quite a bit of them~"

Terra's grin widened, as he quickly sheathed his long sword quickly. If people saw him as a threat, who knows what might happen to him. As much as he was powerful, he didn't want to bring too much attention to himself. Not in this place he didn't. Besides, he still had a lifetime to have fun here. And he didn't want to ruin it at all. Licking his lips, he grinned at the thief and tried his luck at guessing his name. "Bartholomew correct? Heard you're a thief... I good one at that! I am correct? Or am I not?"

Terra sighed and continued to stare at the red eyed man. Really, the eyes were beginning to freak him out. How could his eyes be so... red... It stared to almost distract the young man. They reminded him of rubies... blood stained rubies. It was almost his first time seeing eyes like that. In a sense, it fascinated the young man, but also, it irked him a lot. Even so though, he was interested, and had no plan in leaving Bartholomew any time soon.

╔══════════════════╗
Ŧhe end is near...
╚══════════════════╝

Company - .... Ruby Eyes.

Location - ..... Streets in the Haven

Feeling – ... bored yet amused.

OOC – .... brain fart.... Christmas cookies does this to me...

Squid Queen's Husbando

Obsessive Otaku

11,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Partygoer 500
xxxエリーゼxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxE L I Z E xx B L A K E xx K I N S L E Yxxx

User Image
If all of us went skipping in that crossing,
If we stood holding hands in the center of that town
And looked up at the sky,
If you want to take a chance somewhere in that city,
Then it’s still too early to cry,
All you can do is keep moving forward, no, no.

It’s okay for it to come popping out,
If that never happens,
It gets boring, doesn’t it?
I put on my headphones and get lost in the rhythm,
And my own path opens up with a way-way.

All the things bursting and charging ahead,
Are they showing up so fast?
Your feelings.
Poi-poi, who’s the bad one who’d throw them away?
Right, right, you’re a good kid, ah,
You make me happy.

THAT'S PROBABLY NOT SUCH A GOOD IDEA, IS IT?

His knees were sore. Mostly due to the long night he spent on them. He had been praying, for forgiveness and peace. For the war to end. For life to begin again. Was this really considered living? Being stuck inside such a place... No no! This place was home, now. This place was where he was to die... Not that he wanted to die somewhere specific. As long as God was watching, as long as his soul was redeemed and risen to Heaven... Then he was happy. Though, he did wish that everyone else stuck here would seek redemption. Most didn't seem to care about the afterlife.... or what happened to their mortal soul. No, most seemed to live for 'now'.

Ah, the world became corrupted. It was a wonder a person as kind as the priests still existed. And he was thankful. Thankful they took him in, thankful they showed him the ways of the Lord. There really was good in the world, still. Just in very... small amounts. Slowly, he stood from his place at the altar, his knees red and sore. His hands remained locked together, his rosary weaved between his fingers. He decided to stroll around the church, to find anyone whom needed help... Well, there was always someone who needed help. Slowly, he walked toward the main hall of the church, careful not to trip on his own feet.

It was difficult to walk in those heels, being on his toes all the time. And yes, they did hurt. But... it was a good type of pain... To him, that is. And he, he was Elize, a young man of twenty four, appearing to be only five foot five... Yes, in heels. Perhaps the radiation messed up his DNA, preventing him from growing any taller than a prepubescent boy. That or his genetics sucked. Well, as he walked around, he smiled sweetly toward some people. Those that he could recall their faces and those whom seemed new. A sigh escaped his lips. The newbies always died first. They were easy targets, scared lost puppies in a new world. Just as he got to know a newbie, they'd never return, as if they simply never existed.

Such a terrible thought to think about one of God's creations. Though, they were all doomed, weren't they? Elize shook his head, pouting. No no! God would save them, he forgave them. The dark-haired boy knew He did. The Lord was a passionate being, a being of forgiveness and hope. Still, he paced around, just a bit lost in his thoughts.

{{ Sorry it took so long! ^^;;; }}

xxxBROKEN LITTLE ALTAR BOYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx壊れた少年xxx
xxx

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

x

The kiss was very unexpected, but it wasn't unwelcome. He pretended to be asleep for just a bit longer, until the other asked a question. "Ahaha~ you are confident." He raised an eyebrow. "I am satisfied~ But I do hope you can make me happy all week." Reaching up, he wrapped his arm around the boys neck and pulled him down for a lazy kiss. He was a little surprised. Since he had dozed off a bit, he figured the boy would have run off by now. Normally he didn't have someone next to him in the morning. Especially not someone as cute as Tsume was. Genuine. Atticus rolled over when the other got up. He was a little groggy and sleepy, but the night was young. He would rather have a bath for tonight, maybe wash some of his clothing in the river and then tidy up. Unlike most, he wasn't a night owl and tended to only come out during the day. There was too much risk being out at night. When the other came back to sit on the bed, he looked up at him. He took a sip as well, thirsty after their evening events. "Mmm a bath? I use the one in the church. There is a large bath in the cellar which has cleaner ground water than the river up here. I should probably take a bath too... it's easier to wash when there are two people." Meaning that while one washed quickly, the other could keep watch for others. Although it was a sanctuary and fighting rarely took place, petty thieves brought their sticky hands in there.

He yawned and sat up. Finch grabbed his clothes from the floor and pulled them on. The swords were clipped to his back and went to his dresser. He pulled out a bar of soap, a towel and a rag, basically all they needed. "I only have one towel... but I am sure it will be fine between the two of us." Sanitation here was not the best, but he kept himself well groomed. Lastly he grabbed the key so they could get out. "When we go out, step exactly where I step. I still have the traps set up." On his way up, he unlocked the manhole cover and let them out. Once Tsume was also out, he locked it back up and clipped the key to his collar. It was odd that he wore a legit dog collar, but it was a token so that he could remember his partner, a dog he trained while deployed in America. He had fed that dog and nursed it back to health. When he first met it, the thing was starving and savage, but he trained it and the thing was his best friend. Of course, everyone was torn apart from each other during the war.

He lead Tsume to the church and down into the cellar. Aside from the people upstairs, there was no one here. Normally people bathed in the early hours of the morning or anytime during the day for that matter. Now was an odd time to be bathing oneself. There was a large stone bath in the center of the room with water trickling down from the wall, down a little path created by the builder of the church. The water seemed cleaner than the river water outside. It was cold, but they couldn't ask for warm baths, only clean ones. Finch stripped down but kept the sword close to the edge of the tub so that he would be ready. "Come in, I will clean your back for you~" The water came up to his waist, so he could just stand in it rather than sitting down. He lathered up the rag with his soap bar and ran it over his skin. Today hadn't been very eventful, so he was relatively clean anyways.

"After six years you have really kept yourself... well." He couldn't keep his eyes off of the other. He had been captivated by the simple story he was told. "I don't want to bring up anything you don't want to talk about, so feel free to remain silent... but you said you had a lover?" Finch kept his back to the other now, not wanting to turn around. Curiosity and shame covered his face. In a way, he wanted to know what that was like, but he didn't know how to ask the question. Hopefully the other wouldn't mind talking about it. "...What was it like... to have a lover?"

[OutOfTime; ..]
User Image

At first, it didn't seem like the other was going to wake up, but he did when the question was asked. Tsume's eyes danced with a humorous light "Aren't I?" he teased. He was also satisfied to know the other enjoyed himself. The lazy kiss that followed was welcoming, another thing to be satisfied with. Tsume took another drink from his canteen, then looked over his shoulder as his question was answered. Any water cleaner than the river's water was welcome to him. "That sounds great," he sighed happily. As Finch started to dress, he figured he would do the same. The younger male pulled his pants and shirt on --since he came to Haven, he lost any and all desire to wear underwear-- and did a few things himself to get ready for departure. First of all, he took the canteen they shared and put it on the table. He'd probably keep it there until it was empty. Then, he took his bag and placed it by the entrance next to his sword, then looked around. Things looked more neat when his stuff wasn't laying around. From there, he turned back to his bag and started to rummage. The objects that Tsume cared to much about to leave in one of his nests were all in the bag.The canteens and the rest of his food, mostly dehydrated, took up most of the space, but in little hidden compartments he'd made himself were little bits and pieces from his life before the war. The first object his hand brushed across was the small locket containing the pictures of Jun and Megumi, his precious siblings. Tsume couldn't help but wonder about them now. Little Megumi, only three years old before, would now be right in the middle of elementary school, and not so little Jun would be finishing his undergraduate either this year or next year. His little brother had often talked about wanting to become a doctor. Way to go, kiddo, he thought to himself. Follow your dreams.

There were small gifts he got from them before he'd left --a rubber ball and a hand made luck talisman--, and those were somewhere else in the bag. There was a folded patch of newspaper that stated news about Japan, though Tsume couldn't read most of it. He'd let go of learning to read the language when he entered Haven. Rather than study in this hell hole, the younger male wanted to live. He did speak English well, but as far as learning anything else, he didn't dwell on it. He felt along the bottom of his bag and pulled out a long thin comb with a few teeth missing, but that didn't matter, it's worth was like gold to him because of his hair. Tsume didn't have extra clothes with him, so that was one of the two things he'd bring. "One towel is fine," he replied with a small smile usually, he didn't use one, and let himself dry naturally, but he supposed a little help to dry wouldn't hurt. Both of them headed to the door at relatively the same time, and as a finishing touch, he picked up his father's sword and attached it to his belt. Better be protected than be utterly defenseless; the younger man lived by this rule, the main reason he kept a sword with him always. Tsume let the other go out first since he wanted to follow directions and learn directly where to step. When he was sure they weren't walking near traps, he walked next to Finch and laced fingers with the other. As an errant thought, Tsume thought this could be one of his quickly developing habits growing. When they approached the church cellar, he just couldn't help but look around before entering himself. Though he as well as everyone knew this was a sanctuary, it was wise that no one saw you enter a building, especially if you were shedding clothes and weapons for a bath. That was another lesson learned quickly as he began to make enemies in Haven. When nothing suspicious crossed his line of sight, he went down with the other. The bathing room was simple with stone walls and a smooth dirt floor. The groundwater seemed to leak from the wall and into a path that led to a stone bath. Tsume began to take off his clothes, but kept the copper necklace on. As for his sword, he left it leaning against his things. Not close by any means, but near enough to access if one were to attack. He doubted it though. No one in the night usually took baths; they usually jthrew such things to the wind. Some people went whole months without a bath, and this made him give an internal shudder. That was just disgusting.

Even though the groundwater was definitely cleaner, it came with a price: It was a lot colder than the river's water. Tsume shivered a bit as he tried to get used to the water temperature. He reluctantly ducked himself under, scrubbed at his hair with his fingers, then resurfaced. He took the comb from the edge of the bath then brushed it over one shoulder so he could start combing as Finch cleaned his back. They cleaned each other in silence for a while until the other spoke up. Tsume laughed a bit. You had to be ruthless to 'keep yourself well'. "Not without a price," he replied. He wouldn't go further than that when it came to talking about his years in Haven. Besides it wasn't a pleasant story; it was full of blood, both his and the blood of others. "Yes, I had a lover," he replied softly as he he took the rag from Finch and began to scrub the other's back now. He felt a lot cleaner now and his hair was well kept for now. The question that came next was puzzling; he didn't quite know how to answer. "I don't think I have to remind you that love is different among different people, but..." he trailed off and thought about it for a bit. Silence followed for a few minutes. "It was a bliss," he said. "when I was just with him, I felt more at ease. We teased each other, and had fun like regular friends..." He smiled at the memories as he continued to lather the other's back. "Moments of intimacy were sweet and simple, and arguments didn't last long. I could trust him to tell me the truth, but there were a few secrets established that we didn't want to tell each other about. True lovers," said Tsume,"are the center of your affection, but they're also your closest friend; your most trusted confidant." He paused to give Finch the rag back. "Does that answer your question?" he asked gently. He put his comb back on the edge of the bath and sank to his knees to rinse himself off. His hair floated behind him, and when he rose, it became a dark curtain against his back. Absently, he traced one of the brands on Finch's skin with light fingers while he waited for the other to answer.

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

x

Although he did feel bad for making the other remember such a wonderful lover, he was just too curious to contain himself. This was... not a first for him, to have someone stick around this long. But normally they just kept him preoccupied with enjoyable activities. They all lived on the cash or food they made from prostituting. In a way he felt a little low class for always buying, but he needed a way to pass the time and being with someone else passed the time quicker. He listened when the other spoke, fully interested. Someone to trust, like a friend, but with benefits, with a deeper bond than with a regular friend. His heart thumped at the thought. There had been no time for love when he went into the military. Since he had looked older, they faked his age as eighteen rather than fifteen. He would have just started to think about relationships and that was prime time to find a partner, but he had other things on his mind, like his life.

Atticus had forgotten the other was even scrubbing his back clean as he listened. A picture painted of two people in love, arms wrapped around each other, so content with each other. Nothing was wrong, no problems at all. They always had each others back and everything was just perfect. When the other handed the rag back, he took it with a concerned blush on his face. He felt as though he offended the other a little by asking that. All he did was watch the other clean his silk like hair. So long, so beautiful. Finch rinsed off the soap on his body and watched as the constant flowing water made the bubbles disappear. He nodded to the other and watched as Tsume traced a branding on his skin. Normally his skin would be clear and clean, but those ugly branding marks tainted him. That particular one was very faded, but still there and forever will be there. "279." He said, which was the number branded into him. "Camp two, prisoner seventy-nine. I was brought there at age sixteen. Just a year after I was drafted into the military. I was freed just before my group was to be executed." He then pointed to the shape of an X with a number 47 below it. "Camp 10, prisoner 47. I also escaped." He then pointed to the branding that looked messed up, right above his most precious of places. This was a branding and a tattoo mixed. The name was too blurred to read and he didn't want to say it out loud. "That's where I stayed before I came here. I was a transfer here when that place became over crowded." Whenever he spoke about those brandings, he spoke seriously, as if the whole time he had been telling Tsume never to touch them again. His whole life was war. In a way he was jealous the other experienced love. Why couldn't he? Why did he have to be that unlucky?

This was why he was a peacemaker, because he didn't want anyone else to have to be as unlucky as he was. He stepped out of the tub and grabbed the towel, but he let the other use it first, then he dried himself off. He pulled on a new pair of shorts and didn't bother with a shirt. He just strapped the swords around his back on a harness and carried the clothing that needed to be washed. "I need to wash these clothes... if you'd like to join me you may, otherwise you can go back to the room." Finch cleared his throat when he noticed he wasn't being his usually cheerful self and smiled. "But I would like something good to look at while I clean my clothes~ I can clean anything you have too." Finch headed up to the top floor of the church and looked at the other people here, moaning with wounds, some healthy and just resting. Then there was the cute little alter boy. Unlike Tsume, he had always thought about taking him for a night and making him scream. When they were as cute as the little alter boy, he liked to see them cry, to see them whine. Torture wasn't his thing unless there was intense pleasure in it. Right now he had Tsume and didn't think the other would be too pleased if he brought in a third, but that didn't mean he couldn't make a pass at the boy.

"Alter boy." He said plainly, winking at him as he passed by. His eyes were narrow and he looked like he could kill the other in an instant, but in front of this boy, he felt that was what he needed. "You are looking as cute as ever." Although he had worked at this church healing and helping the poor, he never really talked to the alter boy. He looked over to Tsume though, and reached for his hand. Lovers did this right? He waved to the cute alter boy and left to head to the river. Some torches lit the road, but that was it. They would have to keep their eyes and ears open.

[OutOfTime; ..]

Fashionable Capitalist

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
User Image XXXXXXXXX

The Cardsharp

Make it rain.

h e c t o r---perphect X X

Hector William Perphect was currently squatting down in an alley with three other men looking at him expectantly. He took a slow drag of his pipe, and analyzed the hands laid down before him, keeping his poker face in place for a few more moments before a sly grin took over. “Sorry boys, I win again,” He said with a slight Greek accent, laying his cards down on the dirty asphalt, “Full house!” there were simultaneous moans of despair from the other men, many of whom had bet their “life savings” in hopes of winning. “Maybe next time yes?” He said in mock comfort as he raked the loot into his pack.

His heart skipped a beat when a card fell from his sleeve and fluttered to the ground. It made no sound when it finally landed but the sudden silence was deafening. Hector snatched up the card and slipped the bag over his shoulder, running away while yelling, “I really must be going now! Thank you for playing!” They were already on his tail, shouting at him menacingly with knives and other weapons raised and ready to kill.

The athletic young man leapt over decaying bodies and bits of debris with practiced ease and was soon putting a good bit of distance between him and the angry mob. He couldn’t help but send one last jibe though, “Perhaps your mama should teach you not to play cards with the dirty gypsy boys!” He laughed and turned a corner, thinking he really did look like his gypsy heritage, with earrings clinking together and running away from a scam with a bag full of loot. He wove his way through the city towards the church. He’d have to lay low for a while after that little scene.

After a few more turns and an air raid some distance off knocked him from his feet, Hector was finally within the church’s safe walls. He nodded to the priests and the regulars who all mostly knew him by name. Of course the clergy was not all happy with his lifestyle, it wasn’t uncommon and he was not denied sanctuary. He walked over to the well to wait in line for his ration of clean water. The church was really a magnificent place, he thought, even despite its decrepit nature it was one of the most intact buildings in town, and had very thick walls. It was a nice place to come, and provided even a small sense of community in the godforsaken place ironically named ‘Haven’.

Hector was startled from his musings when it was his turn to fill up, and he promptly filled his canteens with the cool liquid that would sustain him for the next little while. He walked inside the church where the altar and pews sat and took a seat, taking his time to rift through the loot he’d acquired. It was a pretty decent haul. There were a few trinkets made of precious metal that would fetch a high price, as well as some food, alcohol and cigarettes.

He wouldn’t touch cigarettes himself, at least not the ones in Haven. They were distributed mainly by the drug cartel or the guards, neither of which could be trusted. They sometimes put other deadly substances in them such as hallucinogens, poisons, and other nasty stuff. It was a game of Russian roulette he was not into playing. Quite some time ago, when he had just started out here and mainly got his living from prostitution, he had given a guard a night with him in exchange for a few tobacco seeds. Now he had a flourishing hidden garden of the plants for his personal pipe, so he always knew where it came from. Of course the radiation and pollution was always a problem, but it was better than that nasty stuff in those cigarettes. Plus, if times were tough, which they usually were, he could rake in a small profit by rolling and selling his own cigarettes.

Still, these would also buy him a few pieces of food to whoever wanted them, so they were worth keeping. Yep, it was a pretty rare haul, but he intended to make it last as he wouldn’t get something like this for a long time. People tended to be careful around what they bet with him and he was lucky to get such a batch of suckers. He allowed himself to one of the tasteless granola bars though, as he hadn’t eaten for a day or two. The rest he’d save for later.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXI feel a drought coming on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff