Welcome to Gaia! ::

tighnari's Husband

Toothy Gekko

User Image
User Image
                                                    _____ I S __ IT __ T R U E __ W H A T __ T H E Y __ S A Y , __ T H A T __ W O R D S __ A R E __ W E A P O N S ? ____ A N D __ I F __ I T __ I S ,
                                                    THEN EVERYBODY« BEST STOP➚ STEPPIN' ♔
                                                    _________________ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
                                                    ____ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ wait, it's just↯ about to ⊹break ◥
                                                    ___ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ __ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ __ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ __ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ __ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

_______________ IT'S MORE THEN I CAN TAKE ______ E V E R Y T H I N G ' S __ A B O U T __ T O __ C H A N G E

Welcome to Experiments, a sort of sci-fi roleplay that only allows male characters. Here we encourage
                                                    interactive plotting and posting, interesting and unique characters and an appreciation for the English language.
                                                    Stereotypes are not welcomed here, nor is illiteracy. If you can't piece together a coherent sentence then
                                                    leave the thread. Better yet, leave the planet. The characters in this roleplay will undergo a lot of changes both
                                                    physically and mentally. I trust that if you decide to join you can handle producing a multitude of different personalities
                                                    and adapt to change in your character as the roleplay progresses. Yes, this means I want static characters
                                                    who are constantly undergoing change. And no, this is not to become a furry or anthro roleplay.
                                                    There is no specific literacy rating on this roleplay. A truly skilled writer knows when to stop.

_____ User ImageUser ImageUser Image

tighnari's Husband

Toothy Gekko

User Image
User Image
                                                    _____ I S __ IT __ T R U E __ W H A T __ T H E Y __ S A Y , __ T H A T __ W O R D S __ A R E __ W E A P O N S ? ____ A N D __ I F __ I T __ I S ,
                                                    _________________ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

_______________ IT'S MORE THEN I CAN TAKE ______ E V E R Y T H I N G ' S __ A B O U T __ T O __ C H A N G E

Welcome to the twenty second century. It is the year 2108 and the planet has taken a turn for the worse. At no fault of todays
                                                    Citizens, no doubt. With a ban on motorized vehicles, the use of oil for fuel and a tight restriction on pollution in
                                                    general, there is little room to diminish the planet's health further. However, the human race is most certainly to blame for
                                                    the predicament every species of planet earth has found itself in. Things have changed. The laws have become more strict.
                                                    Democracy is no more and there is little toleration for criminals, no matter how petty. The world's leaders are determined
                                                    to save the failing planet, no matter how impossible. Little of the world will be seen in Experiments, but it is very important
                                                    to know what direction the planet it headed in. This roleplay focuses on Criminals. Five of them, to be exact. As aforementioned, little
                                                    tolerance is held for criminals. Most are disposed of immediately, or put to use. So long as people are on good behavior, there is
                                                    nothing to fear. For criminals, whether rebels, murderers, thieves or vandalists... they are subject to experimentations in the name
                                                    of Science. In hopes that their sacrifice might better the world, both by being rid of their presence and for scientific purposes.

That brings our story to Yoson (Yaw-sawn) laboratories. Most would know Yoson as the lead pharmaceutical company
                                                    in the world, housing some of the most intelligent scientists in the world and producers of countless revolutionary
                                                    medicines. However, among the government it is a well known fact that Yoson specializes in human experimentation.
                                                    This is one of the main experimentation grounds for criminals. Deaths and failures are overlooked in favor
                                                    of the scientist's successes, and there are many. So many now that the government pays little attention to any side experiments,
                                                    whether they should help society or not. The underground laboratories are well equipped and well funded; a labyrinth of
                                                    underground breakthroughs in science. This is where our story takes place. In laboratory 118. Home to Yoson's newest
                                                    experiments.

In the past many had tried to fuse human and animal DNA, most, if not all, ending in failure. Yoson scientists believe
                                                    they are coming close. Very, very close to successfully binding the DNA of humans with the DNA of other humans to
                                                    create near perfect human-animal hybrids without creating monsters, but instead humans that take on characteristics
                                                    in the way of skills that other animals possess, such as heightened hearing, or improved agility. They are coming close, but
                                                    they are still far from perfect. In this experiment, they come as close to mere changes in hair colour and personality and
                                                    later the development of animal ears and in some cases, tails. The new subjects are housed below grounds with their
                                                    experimenters, each a criminal taken forcefully from their former homes to be used as human experiments.
                                                    This is the new world, and to restore the planet Earth each person must have their use.

tighnari's Husband

Toothy Gekko

User Image
User Image

__✦*⋮Applyingchange
                                                    ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
                                                      space
                                                      First of all, in order to reply you must provide a sample. Private message me a sample with the application.
                                                      . Private message me the reserve titled with the character's role. Characters are taken in order of preference.
                                                      Basically, if I receive two reserves around the same time, I will choose the one I find more interesting.
                                                      This means you should make your characters as unique and interesting as possible without making them
                                                      a mary sue. Until the profile is complete, other people can appeal to me for the slot. If I like their character
                                                      better than the one already reserving the spot, I will replace it and leave it open to whoever can finish
                                                      the profile first. This should also encourage everyone to finish their profile as quickly as possible. Within a
                                                      couple days, maximum. I reserve the right to deny profiles, should the expansion of the character
                                                      turn me away. This really isn't as difficult as I'm making it sound. There's nothing to worry about, as long
                                                      as you're a skilled writer with interesting characters. Just keep in mind that as the story progresses,
                                                      your character's appearance will change. Every picture should look noticeably different as their hair, eyes
                                                      and eventually ears change. This is not a furry roleplay. Nor a Japanese one. Speak in full English.

__✦*⋮Postingchange
                                                      space
                                                      I want posting to happen as often as possible. Nobody is to be ignored in this roleplay, and thus
                                                      everyone should have more than enough of a chance to post replies. Being literate is important. Text talk
                                                      will ensure instant rejection and you will permanently lose your spot in the roleplay. This excludes texting
                                                      or writing exchanges between characters. There is no word or paragraph count in this roleplay. As stated
                                                      earlier, I believe a truly skilled writer knows when to stop as well as where or where not to take shortcuts.
                                                      I would hope posting could happen once every three days. Writer's block is not an acceptable excuse.
                                                      Being unable to reach the computer for a short period of time is. If I decide there is not enough writing to
                                                      work off of, I will simply ask you to expand. Failure to do so will either result in a warning or being asked
                                                      to leave.
                                                      As for formats; because this is a group roleplay, I expect them to be at least somewhat appealing.
                                                      The main image should also change with the character's appearance. This will happen twice.
                                                      No more, no less.

__✦*⋮General Conductchange
                                                      space
                                                      Outside of the roleplay itself, there will be an OOC. I want everyone to remain active here, to keep
                                                      the roleplay healthy, active and progressive. Really, it helps everyone keep up with current events
                                                      and ideas for the future, so it's great if everyone can remain active. Subscribe to the OOC, if that's
                                                      what it takes. Mutual respect will be important in the OOC. Just try not to piss one another off too much.
                                                      Right, moving on to the topic of respect. I expect everyone knows what it means, and knows full well how
                                                      to be respectful toward others. If you have an issue with someone, take it up with them over private
                                                      messages or message me so I can take it up with them in private messages. Disrespecting me will
                                                      result in an instant ban from the roleplay. Also, don't get offended over stupid s**t. It's little more than a
                                                      nuisance. Can't take swearing? Deal with it; you're not six. Don't like violence in a roleplay? Get over it.
                                                      Outside of that, the uke/seme bullshit will not be tolerant. If you so much as mention your character's
                                                      sexual preference when it comes to their position in bed, I will personally come kick you in the spleen.
                                                      Right. In. The. Spleen. That nonsense won't be tolerated, nor should your character be a pansy. They're
                                                      all criminals, so keep the mood and plot of the roleplay in mind. I want a variety of characters. If you see
                                                      that one or more characters act one way, or come from similar backgrounds, don't copy them. Come
                                                      up with something new. I will reject characters with too many similarities to an existing character,
                                                      unless they happen to be siblings. That said, keep up with the plotting if there are relationships between
                                                      characters. Back stories should be consistent should characters have connections. So yeah, keep informed.

tighnari's Husband

Toothy Gekko

User Image
User Image

5/8 characters taken

*Reserves - Fill in everything in brackets

[img]http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af141/II_Rational_Insanity_II/White_Background-1-1.jpg[/img][img]http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af141/II_Rational_Insanity_II/White_Background-1-1.jpg[/img][img]http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af141/II_Rational_Insanity_II/White_Background-1-1.jpg[/img][list][list] ■ ■ ■[COLOR=#35586C] ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■[/color] ■ ■ ■ ■ [color=#325C74]■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■[/color] ■ ■ ■ [color=#607B8B]■ ■ ■ ■ ■[/color] ■ ■ ➚THE [ ROLE HERE ][color=#607B8B]♔[/color] [list] [list]
                                                      [NAME] . . . . . . . . . . . . . [AGE] . . . . . . . . . . . . . [USERNAME] [/list]
                                                      _______________________________________________________________

[list] [personality trait] . . . . . . . . . . . . . [personality trait] . . . . . . . . . . . . . [personality trait]
                                                      [size=10]
                                                      [ Roughly one hundred word description of your character here, brought down
                                                      at the end of the underscore line above ][/size][/list][/list][/list][/list]

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
                                                          ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ➚THE [ Scientist ]

Matthew Keller . . . . . . . . . . . . . Twenty Seven . . . . . . . . . . . . . send halp

Scheming . . . . . . . . . . . . . Merciless . . . . . . . . . . . . . Sadomasochistic

Born and raised in a family of doctors, Matthew's fate was decided for him. He
                                                              didn't mind too much, believing in a greater cause. For this, he has a bit of a
                                                              superiority complex. His human testing began when he was young, before he was
                                                              even finished his internship. The very first of his experiments was a major success,
                                                              having created a way to recycle dirty air. However, one of his past failures caused a
                                                              strange eye condition, where his eyes change colour every so often. Not long after he
                                                              finished school, he was hired into the company for his abilities as a doctor, and trained
                                                              more in other sciences as well. Since then he's participated in many experiments, and
                                                              eventually became the leader of his own, taking on two apprentices, one of which
                                                              he has been deceiving from the start.

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ➚THE Assistant

Alexander Fredrick Edelestein. . . . . . . . . . . . . 22. . . . . . . . . . . . . Anzelia La Belle

Eager . . . . . . . . . . . . . Controlling . . . . . . . . . . . . . Calculating
                                                              Science is high, but morals are gone from this world and his own sense of self. He studied hard and he interned and he read up and he even watched. Always watched. Science was every bit to being alive to him as breathing. He met Matthew sometime after he had gotten established on his own. He's not sure yet why, but there is an inkling he may be being used. His favorite has to be the Ferret and bear though, for the changes were most indeed fascinating. Also he fears Matthew just the slightest, but he won’t ever show it.

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ➚THE [ FERRET ]

Nathan(Sin) Macollin . . . . . . . . . . . . . Twenty One . . . . . . . . . . . . . II Rational Insanity II

Brash . . . . . . . . . . . . . Sensual . . . . . . . . . . . . . Sardonic

Once a delinquent himself, Sin was taken in by The Scientist, who used him in
                                                              a past experiment. Sin was the experiment responsible for the success of a cure
                                                              to a deadly disease. When he was cured, he decided he wanted to stay with The
                                                              Scientist as his assistant. Since then he's developed a bit of a superiority complex.
                                                              He's desperately in love with The Scientist and his personality changes completely
                                                              in the presence of The Scientist. He has full trust in The Scientist, trusting the promise
                                                              that he would never be used as an experiment again.

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ➚THE [ CAT ]

[Danna Elliot Jones] . . . . . . . . . . . . . [25] . . . . . . . . . . . . . [Nakami_371]

[Impatient] . . . . . . . . . . . . . [Cunning] . . . . . . . . . . . . . [Quick Thinking]

[Danna is one of the top marksmen in the city, a police force drop out, and turned to the joys of the dark side. Put a projectile weapon in this man's hands, and he becomes a force nigh unstoppable. He worked for whomever paid the highest, killing whoever they wanted neutralized. However, he was set up by a person he'd worked with before, not knowing that this time, he would walk out in hand cuffs. At his trial he was found guilty, and instead of taking the death penalty, he opted for the option that he could most likely walk away from alive, life as a science experiment. ]

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ➚THE [ RABBIT ]

Vilko . . . . . . . . . . . . . Twenty two . . . . . . . . . . . . . bribri0

Sensitive . . . . . . . . . . . . . Addictive . . . . . . . . . . . . . Distrusting

Viko was quiet and bookish as a child, and was often made fun of, never
                                                              really fitting in. When he was a teenager he tried drugs to get people to like him,
                                                              but all it did was get him kicked out of his parents' house and an addiction.
                                                              He did whatever he could to get cocaine and a needle, leading to some
                                                              professions that he'd rather not remember. Once when he was high he
                                                              killed a man, thinking in his delusions that he was out to get him. The cops didn't
                                                              have a very hard time finding him, and he was found guilty. After that he was
                                                              sent to a rehabilitation facility to be treated until an available position in the
                                                              experiments was open. He's over his addiction now, but from his experiences
                                                              he doesn't trust others much or often, and suffers from minor paranoia and horrible
                                                              nightmares.

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ➚THE BEAR

Adrian McKinnon . . . . . . . . . . . . . 30 . . . . . . . . . . . . . CompanyPanda

Boisterous . . . . . . . . . . . . . Hot-headed . . . . . . . . . . . . . Caring

A big time brawler turned bartender. Adrian is loudly and proudly Irish. Whiskey
                                                              flows through veins as surely as blood does, and he thinks nothing of getting
                                                              completely smashed and breaking faces. This powerhouse is a force to be
                                                              reckoned with, known for his short temper and throwing off police in street fights
                                                              like they were scrawny teenagers. He's a fighter for the thrill of it, so it was easy
                                                              enough for him to be folded into the underground fight scene, rising quickly in the
                                                              ranks and earning himself a name and reputation. When he became a bartender,
                                                              he didn't fight as much, but one could be sure that those muscles weren't just
                                                              for show. When things got too heated in a late-night scuffle with an unruly patron
                                                              and he accidentally killed him, things went downhill from there. Instead of serving
                                                              time in jail, he's serving time under a scientist. Which is the better option, he's
                                                              not really sure anymore.

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ➚THE [ MONKEY ]

NAME . . . . . . . . . . . . . AGE . . . . . . . . . . . . . USERNAME

ONE . . . . . . . . . . . . . TWO . . . . . . . . . . . . . THREE

One two three four five six seven eight nine ten one two three four five six
                                                              seven eight nine ten one two three four five six seven eight nine ten one two
                                                              three four five six seven eight nine ten one two three four five six seven eight
                                                              nine ten one two three four five six seven eight nine ten one two three four
                                                              five six seven eight nine ten one two three four five six seven eight nine ten
                                                              one two three four five six seven eight nine ten one two three four five six
                                                              seven eight nine ten

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ➚THE [ FOX ]

James Martin . . . . . . . . . . . . . Nineteen . . . . . . . . . . . . . TQRiver

Intelligent . . . . . . . . . . . . . Deceptive . . . . . . . . . . . . . Selfish

James' street name was Loki and he only goes by that. He was one of the top meth dealers in his home city. He was known for his allusiveness of the police and having his partners taking all the blame. He was highly addicted to meth but through the time in jail and now acting as an experiment he had to quit cold turkey. He became such a popular dealer of meth because of is intelligence. Loki is extremely smart and used his brains to make the perfect glass meth. He has never allowed people to realize his intelligence for it would ruin his rep. Instead he used his intelligence to out smart the police and make a living with drugs. Loki is insane and a bit of a masochist.

tighnari's Husband

Toothy Gekko

User Image
User Image

This roleplay takes place in the year 2108, where most of the earth is a wasteland and the few
                                                    cities that have arrived have little tolerance for criminals, no matter how grave or petty their crimes.
                                                    The laws are strict and the punishments grave, with the human race in as much danger as any other.
                                                    This roleplay takes place underneath Yoson laboratories, in the hidden underground labs where the more
                                                    'dangerous' experiments take place. Laboratory 118 is located three levels underground in a vast expanse of
                                                    rooms. They are meant to house experiments for some time, but are properly equipped to dispose of
                                                    them should anything go wrong. The largest room is where the experiments take place, tucked in the
                                                    far corner. This is not used so often after the initial experimentation besides for checkups. In fact, it
                                                    looks more like a cozy little doctor's office. This is meant to make hostages feel more comfortable in
                                                    their environment. Besides this, there is a main living area equipped with all the latest video game systems,
                                                    yet with no access to the outside world. There is a kitchen, where the assistants prepare food for their
                                                    'guests'. Entrances are all blocked off. The only three (two) that can leave is the scientist and his assistant(s).
                                                    The security system is based on eye, voice and fingerprint commands and will only open when each is alone.
                                                    This is to prevent any escapes, attempted or otherwise.

Each of the experiments are housed in rooms of two according to their numbers (they are in order in
                                                    the reserves). The Scientist and actual assistant both have rooms of their own. Each is equipped with
                                                    their own bathroom, complete with a toilet, sink, shower and bathtub. There are two beds, a desk and
                                                    various art supplies to keep each experiment entertained. In addition, there are various other activities open.
                                                    A swimming pool, for example, and a nice one at that. Hot tubs, a jungle gym, an environment simulator.
                                                    It almost seems like a reward for their actions, that the experimentation is a small price to pay in return
                                                    for nearly everything a person could possibly want. Besides freedom.

tighnari's Husband

Toothy Gekko

User Image
User Image

2108

01 02 03 04 05 06 07
                                                                              08 09 10 11 12 13 14
                                                                              1516 17 18 19 20 21
                                                                              22 23 24 25 26 27 28
                                                                              29 30

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday

January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December

This just in :: The experiments wake up in a bed. Dazed and confused. The scientist are rather smug with themselves, I'd suspect. Congratulating each other on a job well done and ready to explain.

Coming up :: Stuff.

All you need to know :: To clear up some confusion, the Ferret is one of the Scientist's assistants. However, he is paired with another in a room under the excuse they are violent and need constant supervision. He is unaware that he is actually one of the experiments until further notice. Both the assistant and the scientist are aware. He was the first experiment.

tighnari's Husband

Toothy Gekko

tighnari's Husband

Toothy Gekko

tighnari's Husband

Toothy Gekko

tighnari's Husband

Toothy Gekko

tighnari's Husband

Toothy Gekko

tighnari's Husband

Toothy Gekko