Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
*Tarkus listens into the exchange. The pilot begins to break off at her order but tarkus leans out the jet and smack the canopy and yells out*

"If you break contact I'll take this down there myself"

*The pilot gulps and continues the course, after rounding a large building the duel is laid out below them. The jet circles the fight from a distance and Tarkus watches the mechs fight. But as this goes on he grows concerned that this the enemy may be trying to convert the Scorpio.
"Can't let that happen now can I?"
Tarkus hisses and pulls out the 90cm AM Rocket launcher from under the bench and shoulders the massive rocket. He tethers himself to the door frame and waits to see how this unfolds.
User Image
Ceri Bishara

ooo Almost as soon as Ayane had returned from her mission the troop were being rallied once more for another mission. This time it was to protect the citizens of OZ City and the 'good' name of ZWEI. Ceri tilted her head as she listened to the broadcast. No organization, just go. No plan, rush in guns-a-blazing. A small sigh escaped the woman's lips as she walked over to her locker. When working with a well oil machine that is just fine, everyone would know where they needed to be and what to do, but this ZWEI was not as oiled as Ceri would have liked. Maybe it had been once upon a time, but the ranks were currently filled with hot-headed ambitious youths that could very easily slip up and make mistakes. They've made more than a few in recent past.

ooo Ceri undressed, neatly hanging up her clothes before pulling out her ZWEI uniform. This body suit was much more sturdy and protective than the flimsy, flammable suit she had on the night before, as well as sheaths for her blades. Weapons in place, Ceri moved onto the garage for her cycle, slipping on her helmet/mask and mounted her bike.

ooo "Trans AM Bank, West District, OZ City." She said to the GPS system in her helmet before speeding off towards her destination. Arriving on scene the young woman parked at the next building over, moving quickly she scaled the fire escape and slipped in through the ventilation system. Using the heat vision in the helmet Ceri found her way to the location of the hostages, and pulled out a small recording device. Pointing it at the situation through the slots vent for a moment she turned it back on herself. The recoding was streaming live onto the internet, pinging off of several towers all over the world and holding an encryption that would trash the computer of anyone who tried to tamper with the film. Gotta love those techie type back at HQ.

ooo"Hello world." She started, her voice altered through her helmet to help hide her identity. "In an hour or so you may be shown similar images on the news of what is about to take place, though with the roles switched. I am trying to set the record straight. I am ZWEI. I fight for equality, for safety, and fairness to everyone and not just the fat cats who sit on top of their pile of money and resources. I fight for those who starve, for those who cannot get proper medication because Allister Industries deems their town or city not worth of it that week or month or year. I fight for you." A scream echoed from the room with the hostages cutting Ceri short. She slipped the device back in its slot, looking in to see a man holding up a woman with a knife to her neck.

ooo"Hey, this one is pretty cute, huh?" The man said to his companion who was pointing his gun as a group of people who were laying on the ground, hands above their head. Pulling out one dagger at the ready, Ceri kicked open the vent, swinging through and throwing it straight for the throat of the gunman. By the time the man with the knife knew what was going on she was already twisting the knife from his hand and pushing him away from the woman. In another quick twist Ceri had his hand strained behind his back and his own knife to hos throat. Right on cue, the man who had been checking perimeter entered the room, gun pointed at her.

ooo"DROP THE KNIFE!" He demanded, though it was obvious he knew that he didn't have the shot. The young woman pressed the blade into the man's skin, enticing a nice yelp from him.

ooo"He has spilled innocent blood, and will face retribution. You, Kevin Reel, agent of AI and father of three, have yet to do so. I will grant you freedom if you chose to keep your hands clean." She watched that information move through his mind, first shock then fear. His hands went up, and he slowly lowered the gun to the floor and kicked it away from him before turning and running. The moment Ceri saw his heat signature leave the building she slammed the hilt of the blade into the other man's neck, knocking him out. Quickly tying him up, Ceri turned to the hostages, surveying them for a moment.

ooo"I am from ZWEI, if anyone needs medical attention please allow me to help, then we can evacuate to safety."

Dedicated Hunter

8,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

User Image

"They make us out to be the ones in the wrong, if only they could see the truth..."

Taurus dashed out dodgging the flare of bullets from Scorip however the right arm.Was taken off.. "Gah!" Ayane spun and crumpled to the floor. "Terrorist scum...face your judgement ans answer for what you've do-" as she aimed the gun ayane fired a blast from her own gun taking off Scorpio's right leg and arm disabling both movement and return fire. "What the?"

Saica pulled on her controls hitting every switch "Move Scorpio! Move!" Taurus stood up and Ayane was mad...her gun was out of ammo and the Phase Shift (blade energy) was empty for her sword...she had to go refill..."Your lucky this time Scorpio..." She turned and began to slide along the ground with her boosters down the street...

"Sir Allister." Allister tapped and closed a video feed. "I know..." The man seemed worred "What do we do?" Allister stood up folding his arms. "Extract Scorpio first off...then deal with the Taurus if you can pursue...this was a blasted failure on my part I...I miscalculated severely..." his hand clenched breaking the wine glass in his hand...

"There isn't an easy way to keep order and peace, sometimes violence is the only true way..."

Yamagishi Twin's Theme - Euterpe

"Wild flower blossoming 
I beg of you tell me this so I know too 
Why do people fight? 
They all act as if it's right
Don't they know 
That's no 
Way to live "

"Valiant flower blossoming 
What can you see? 
When ...you look down on me 
Why can't people say
That they're sorry for the way 
That they fought?"
User Image
Tarkus watches the podcast from his wrist-com and his attitude takes a dip. Tarkus had heard of the woman but had never actually met her, but he usually was in change of 'cleaning up' after her actions. To put it frankly Ceri was a pain in his a**.
Mr. Allister won't be happy about this, but deep down he would know it is necessary.

As soon as the VTOL make l.o.s. with the bank he aimed and pulled the trigger.

The 900mm rocket jettisoned from the tube and sailed towards the bank. Within mere moments the warhead crashed through the window and met its end next to the elevator shaft. The building rocked and moaned from the sudden stress of the explosion and smoke filled the building in minuets. The electricity cuts out as the building begins to lean dangerously to one side.

"I think you killed it" The operator said calmly.
"No, No I didn't." Tarkus responded coldly. "Fire upon a few AI police cruisers heading towards the fight to make us look like ZWEI scum"

The VTOL fired a few bursts into a pack of AI cruisers that were heading to the now collapsing bank, only damaging a few in the process. The vtol breaks off but circles the building from a distance.

apacaLisp

Dedicated Hunter

8,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

User Image

"They make us out to be the ones in the wrong, if only they could see the truth..."

"Ayane save as many civilians as you can!" The comm roared from the Chairman who had stolen it from Rin temporarily. "You too Ceri we have to rescue as many as possible!" Ayane dashed increasing speed, she could see a mother falling and holding her child. "I see some!" Ayane stopped skidding along the ground as she reached up with both hands activating her back booster to hover upwards and caught them. "Excellent work!" Ayane descended holding the two to her close. "If nothing else...I want to save these two!" She slammed into the street below "Ngh..." she opened har hands to see a woman holding a small child.

"Mommy its...its ZWEI..." The child said scared, "No dont worry. I'm here to save you." Ayane replied knowing they may not believe her as she set them down "ZWEI is not dedicated to harming you. We want to help everyone...Allister is the enemy, the men who captured you and even the one destroying the building...are not affiliated with us." The mother still had doubts...but figured this was the best course..."Where can we get help?" She asked as Ayane smiled softly. "A transport will arrive very shortly. Please take it." The woman nodded taking the child and running to a safe place. "Alright. Anyone else to save?" Ayane pondered before running off to find more.

"There isn't an easy way to keep order and peace, sometimes violence is the only true way..."

"Wild flower blossoming 
Why do people fight? 
Don't they know 
That's no 
Way to live "

What can you see? 
Why can't people say
That they fought?"
User Image
Ceri Bishara

ooo Only one man was injured, a security guard who was shot in the shoulder though the bullet went through clean. Ceri cleaned the wound and made a make shift sling for the man out of someone's hoodie and started to lead the group to the side window, grabbing her knife from the other man's throat on the way out.

ooo"Everyone remain calm, out on the fire escape and down as quickly and carefully as possible." She instructed, ushering them out one by one before she felt the impact. It rumbled throughout the whole building, and it was as if she could feel the foundation shatter. The people froze, looking back up at her for an explanation. "Keep moving, don't stop until you are in safety." Smoke soon enveloped the room as the building swayed and the electricity cut out, [********] Luckily Ceri's helmet had a proper respiratory conversion system. The group was going too slow due to the injured man leading the pack. The woman jumped down, catching her self at each level to slow her fall before reaching the landing the security guards was on, and pulled herself up.

ooo"Let me help you." She put his arm around her shoulder, and lifted much of his weight before continuing down the stairs at a much quicker pace. Once outside Ceri scanned the skies, and bingo. The source of the rocket was now flying away, firing at a couple of emergency vehicles as they went. Leading the group to a safe distance from the building, Ceri pointed over to where Ayane was putting a mother and child down. "Please go over there, a transport vehicle will be here for you shortly." One woman paused before walking back to Ceri, grabbing her hands with tears in her eyes.

ooo"Thank you, thank you so much." She said with a smile before turning to catch up with the others. Ceri tapped the stop button on the recording device before flipping her comm. onto the signal of the techies back at HQ.

ooo"Did you get everything?"

ooo"Hell yeah, you did great."

ooo"Think you can find out who was in that black chopper?"

ooo"That'll be more difficult, but we can try."
User Image
"Bad news" The pilot called over the radio "Gunner has visuals on Civilians leaving the building. The Mechanical Exosuit from the battle before is assisting in the evacuations and it appears that the target survived the explosion"

"As expected. Well looks like I can just take care of the situation myself. Pilot drive me in close. I mean really close." Tarkus said with rising enthusiasm in his voice. He wraps the grenade belt around the power fist and hangs onto the door frame of the VTOL.

The pilot dives the bird down and pulls up just feet from the ground, throttling the engines as he does to maximize velocity. The vtol screams down the narrow road and rapidly closes in on the mech and civilians. Tarkus prepares to pull the pins and jump until a voice calls across the jet's comms.

"Your job is done. You are no longer getting paid for this" Said Mr. Allister firmly

The pilot reverses the engines and brings the craft to a hover several meters from the now panicking group of civilians and the mech. Tarkus hangs out the side of the aircraft facing the group of enemies. He clicks his wrist pad and begins to speak to the two fighters.

"I'm off the clock" *He takes off the grenade belt from his fist and places it down. The Vtol lowers and lands in the middle of the street, but the engines stay on. Tarkus grabs a metal box from the jet and begins to walk towards the two. He stops a few feet away and tosses the box to the woman.
"If any of them inhaled the smoke give them that. Follow the instructions to a T." Tarkus said with about as normal of a voice his Vox would let him.

apacaLisp

Vallen The Dark

Dedicated Hunter

8,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

User Image

Ayane had her weapon aimed right at him the moment he landed, her target locked onto him...if she wanted to she could have blown him apart...but the Chairman said otherwise... "Chairman hes..." the man cut her off. "If hes not attacking us then do not fire...I have a feeling about something..." Ayane growled annoyed but didn't fire, she did however keep her aim...

"Sir why aren't we killing an enemy?" Rin asked llooking at the Chairman. "He's giving an antidote. However we will have Kusanagi scan it as well." The Chairman replied to Rin as Ayane sat back in her seat still annoyed. Her finger directly on the trigger to take him out if he did anything she felt to be dangerous.

"Wild flower blossoming 
Why do people fight? 
Don't they know 
That's no 
Way to live "

What can you see? 
Why can't people say
That they fought?"
User Image
Ceri Bishara

ooo When the chopper dipped down to the ground and dropped off the armored man Ceri's hand rested on the hilt of her blade. She quickly glanced back at the civilians, placing herself between them and the oncoming enemy. When Ayane was told to stand down, the young woman quickly shifted her weight into a fighting stance. No she wouldn't attack, but if necessary she would be ready. A box was tossed before them, and the armored man instructed them to follow the instruction to administer an antidote to the civilians. A poisonous gas, clever. Had she known she would have taken samples.

ooo"And why should we trust you?" She inquired, her voice low and mechanical through the mask. "Are you not the one who shot the gas at us in the first place?" Her head cocked to the side at her second statement, but she was analyzing the box to make sure it wasn't rigged to explode on contact. That's when she recalled his statement of being off the clock. "Ah, or perhaps you are just muscle for hire? How morally high of you to want to save the ones you nearly killed just because someone was paying you for it."
User Image*Tarkus shrugs*

"If you want to be blunt about it then yes. But I guess if you do not want the full instructions for the antidote then I can just head on back to the cage and let all these poor humans coke on their own blood" He begins to calmly back up towards the VTOL, putting his hands up as he does. In his right power fist he has a piece of paper between his fingers and a 40mm in his palm primed to go.

"And yes, I did fire the rocket at the building. My intentions, meh, but the important part is that the building is close to collapsing now"

apacaLisp

Vallen The Dark

Dedicated Hunter

8,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

Alpha wandered the labs, the memories flooding her mind...she missed her old home, her old life. Now she was forced to fight her friends. Regardless if she liked it or not. The choice was no longer her own...she sighed as she entered the room where Victor was "Reporting for my current partner...my name is Alpha...the Gemini." She said with clear bitterness in her voice. If it wasn't for the bomb device in her stomach she wouldn't stick around this place...

Shirtless Prophet

User Image

〈❖〉

Victor x"The Dog"x Kroe

"Curse me... Spite me... Hate me forever..."

Kroe had intended to return to his quarters to eat in peace, but not even halfway there, alarms went off to respond to a ZWEI attack... again? Well this was certainly proving to be a bu sy day. While others scrambled around him, Kroe made no attempt to join in the frey, he didn't need to. His assignments were more than mere battles, he was above that. However, he would still need to provide overview. Taking a turn, he headed to the control room. Providing overwatch from the city cameras, satellite feed, and solider helmet cams. The room was filled with officers with headsets, chattering, relaying information and giving received orders. The atmosphere shifted when he entered the room, the chatter dying down all at once as they looked at him... but quickly averted their gazes and continued chattering. Kroe set the food down and picked one of the headsets up as he watched the battle unfold in front of the screens. After a while, he heard somone addressing him. He turned to see, from a quick scan, and android, saying how she was his current partner. Oh that was right, Industries had breifed him about this.. he preferred to work alone... but orders were orders. He ignored the bitterness in her voice and crossed his arms as he looked back to the monitors ""Partner' is a strong word, I would avoid it." he grunted "Alright then Alpha, tell me... what do I have to gain having you with me?" he asked, since he had not been given all the details about the project, he intended to field test her later...

OutOfControl:

"...What I do, I do because I must..."

'xTxRxAxIxTxOxRx'

Dedicated Hunter

8,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

"Someone whos only working for you cuz if they don't then they'll be destroyed..." she said still bitter. She hated this situation...she hated these people...she hated this entire company...she watched him folding her arms before seeing Ayane's machine on a nearby monitor and had sadness in her eyes...she missed Ayane...she missed Kusa...and most of all Rin...and Lulu...she wanted to go home...

Shirtless Prophet

User Image

〈❖〉

Victor x"The Dog"x Kroe

"Curse me... Spite me... Hate me forever..."

Kroe watched the screens as Alpha spoke. Destroyed huh? Now that he was thinking about it, she didn't seem all too thrilled to be working for him. He figured it was simply because she didn't want to work under him...Though it was possible she was being held hostage in her own body. Allister Industries wouldn't be above such things. "we'll see soon enough..."

OutOfControl:

"...What I do, I do because I must..."

'xTxRxAxIxTxOxRx'

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out