Welcome to Gaia! ::

Commander William Robertson
Orbital Command
Unroa System

"Aye aye sir. Although with respect, no ship of the line, not even a dreadnought could hope to fight an Aerospace squadron without fighter support. Point to point fire isn't accurate enough to hit at a high enough rate to keep fighters back. To capture the other side of the gate, I will probably need carrier or at least cruiser support."

Robertson finishes calmly, waiting for Cain's reply.

((Sorry, the raging Irish/Scots bloodlust caught hold of me.))

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
User Image
arrow Cale Partharon
I.A.S. Tezla
Vangar Dominion space, patrolling Yu-Nalar

While the rest of the Alliance was moving out to defend the Dominion from the Federation, the I.A.S. Tezla was stuck floating around Yu-Nalar space for patrol. Cale tapped his head with his finger from the hand his head was currently resting on. He's had enough experience on ship patrols to know anything exciting happened once every two dozen or so trips. He sighed and pushed himself off his seat and heading to the door. "I'll be on the range, or my cabin. I'll have my compiece if you need me." he said with a wave to his XO, Alice.

The I.A.S Tezla's model was one designed to hold more marine and aerospace forces than the later Normandy-class ships in service. It wasn't very much compared to the amount held by a dreadnought, but it was larger than the normal Normandy-class. He drifted down the hallway again, now heading for the marine quarters in the center of the ship rather than the bridge. As he drifted, the personnel changed from the thin and crisp uniforms of the navy, to the muscular, armor-favoring marine forces. Thankfully the small range here was barely occupied, with only 3 of the 5 lanes taken up already. Putting on the correct gear and assuming his stance in a stall, he pulled out his pistol quickly and starts firing off rounds.

With his practice finished, he started for his cabin, where he stripped his gun and reassembled for practice. He wasn't a skilled marine, but he loved this one firearm from his old captain. Thinking of him, Cale pulled up his monitor and checked for a video transmission, as well as any new reports. There was one of each, and he spent no time in opening the video. It opened up with the familiar picture of a hospital room, complete with a view of Septimus Prime's capital and a patient in the bed."Evening Partharon! How's Vandar space? I heard from my friend you're being sent for patrol there, what with this war starting up and all." By friend, the captain must have meant one of the admirals he played cards with, and usually won against. He always did have the best luck no matter what they played against him. "Just thought I'd drop a line, check up how the shoulder is and all. Haven't heard from the Admiral today, and he owes me for the game before yesterday, so I might not be here when you send a reply. I need to go now, got several others from the Nordic I need to check in on. Ah well, maybe next time you're in I can hound you for beer. Frankson out!" With that, the video ended, leaving Cale to sigh and check the unread report before replying. As soon as he opened it, he lost his grin.

((Long I know, sorry but this is how I've been typing replies for RP threads, but it will shrink down as I have him interact with other characters...))
arrow Captain Ark DeLaCroix Danko
Imperium Alliance Marine Outpost - Tango
Ahrue, Northern Continent
Europa System

User Image

Ark was relaxing in the barracks as his pda went off notifying him of a message. Glancing over at it he wondered who could it he reached over and grabbed it as he read the message from Natasha and immediately he a huge grin spread across his face. Smiling he shook his head, he will have to show her a good time when she returned. As he was laying in his cot he was glad to know that Natasha was okay, he stared at the ceiling as the fan twirled above him today was an off day for training and he only planned to go to the range and gym later...he then drifted into a nap with picture in hand.

2,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
((Nils stare read your pms stare ))

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
((Is nils our Sherlock holmes...? emotion_jawdrop ))
((Meh, seemed a bit too full of meta tbh. You don't just insta conclude that kind of stuff.

2,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image arrow Major Cassandra L. Khan
Vangar Navy Command Station, Admiral Cain office
Urnuoa System

"If I may" Cassandra said, looking at both men "Krala holds a recently build battlestation, probably even a small fleet, however that station could work to our advantage" she said, looking at the star maps Cain had on his desk "If we could insert a ground force in the station, even if its not with stealth on our side, we could overpower the compliment of Marines inside the station"

"As we all know, the naval and fighter superiority may be on their side, but the ground is ours, we can take the fight to our terms, and once we conquer the station, we can use it to our advantage, decimating their fleet with their own rail cannons and using the station as our forward outpost to continue into their territory"

Cassandra didn't liked the idea of attacking the terrans, but this was her job, and regardless of the foe and past relations, she was the best doing it and she will always give her best and look for solutions and strategies that would achieve victory for the Dominion.

2,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
((Easy you two, I'm looking into it))
Orbital Command
Unroa System

"That plan would work Major, but no warship, even a dreadnought, can break through a small fleet, possibly with fighter support, capture at least 2 weapons platforms and assault a battle station. You could take the station if there were no fighters. But if the Terrans have fighters, not one marine shuttle will make it to the base."

He looks over the maps, and then to Cain.

"I would recommend sending an actual vanguard, rather than just 1 ship. Not a fleet. Maybe 6 ships plus the command ship. 2 carriers and 4 cruisers, with a dreadnought for Command Ship. That would be small enough to justify a commander leading it but big enough to capture the gate. Or we could fire a thermonuclear weapon barrage and then move the fleet through to take the area in the confusion."

2,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image arrow Major Cassandra L. Khan
Vangar Navy Command Station, Admiral Cain office
Urnuoa System

"If what we need is a diversion..." Cassandra said, discussing with Robertson "If the Blackjack jumps in and intercepts a terran warship, engages and possibly overpowers the Terran ship, they will call for reinforcements, given their state of paranoia knowing we will attack soon, they will send a good portion of the ship, outmaneuvering then, we could reach the station and take advatange of the abscence of their fleet, our own fighters should be enough to keep their from the shuttles, giving us a chance to land, and once we land..."

"But still, maybe we should start with a scouting" she says turning to Cain, waiting to hear his idea of the situation, after all he has the last word on what they would do

Orbital Command
Unroa System

Robertson looks over the star maps. Looking to Allotesh, then to the gate, then to fuel refineries.

"If you sent a proper vanguard, it could capture the gate, leave a marine detachment t to hold the battle station, and then capture the fuel and supply lines. Meanwhile, your fleet would move to capture Allotesh. The Terran fleet, deprived of fuel and supplies will slipt In half and try to beat both of us. While you engaged the Terran main fleet, we could appear behind and attack, this would break the main fleet. I would then rejoin your fleet and we could turn around and defeat the remaining Terran forces, then advance towards the Terran capital and force their surrender. Preferably before the Imperium enters the war and we owe them something."

Robertson waits for Cain's response, although he realises he might have overstepped his authority.

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
User Image
arrow Cale Partharon
I.A.S. Tezla
Vangar Dominion space, patrolling Yu-Nalar

"Melinda!" Cale shouted across the hangar to get the lead ground officer's attention. She turned around to see him before apologizing to the ones she was conversing with and pushed off from the wall. As she drifted closer he face had a quizical look on it. "What's the problem capt'?" Cale held up the print out of the report. "Just why the hell did you even allow a detachment of spec-ops on my ship?" While it wasn't detailed, the report was made after the arrival of a squad of spec-ops troops. Being spec-ops, they were privy to more than even he was since they never talk about their assignment. Even if Cale tried to pull rank, they had orders from somebody higher ranked.

"They said they had orders and clearance already. Sorry capt' but orders are orders." she shrugged her shoulders and pointed to the direction of a dropship. The spec-ops were unloading their cargo still, meaning they arrived recently. Why they came to his ship he hadn't a clue. They were in Vangar space, and his ship wasn't supposed to enter ground combat anytime soon.He tried to find a high-ranked insignia on any one of them, but t no avail."Which one of you is in charge?" he said as he drifted down to the floor. One of them moved over to stop him. "We have orders. Sir." The last word sounded like it was forced out. Seeing as he could do nothing more least they take action against him on his own ship, he pushed off and away.

2,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
((Guys wont be posting today maybe no even tomorrow dying on bed rigth now Ecks pupeteer me as neddeed))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff