Welcome to Gaia! ::

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

“The Final Frontier.” Humanity gets bored when it runs out of plains to dredge and forests to flatten. Cue this: the dawn of a new era. They’ve called some decades in the past the Space Age, but was it really the [********] space age when all we accomplished was showing who had the bigger metaphorical boner for space? Can’t believe we let the Americans win that one, too. I digress from shitty Star Trek quotes and theoretical nerd dongs. My name is Starr. Allow me to be your tour guide through time.

If you look to your left, you’ll see a memorial for all that’s passed in this some hundred-odd years. Oh, come on! I can’t read these little plaques. The writing’s too small. Also, I’m illiterate. Bear with me, people.

Anyways. Turn on the television. You see all that chaos? The kids who didn’t deserve it and the nuts who ran the ******** show? Congratulations, humanity. You ruined it, and we had such a good thing going. 2042 marked the start of a super cool—but not nuclear, sorry—world war three. Doom and gloom, I know. A lot of people died. So many people, in fact, that we set ourselves off course for our next billion or whatever. Good thing too, because we were depleting our resources. 2155 came ‘round and there was a calling for a Treaty of Versailles. Or something?

Damnit, I just said I was illiterate. I don’t get the historical significance of it, okay?

Look, a bunch of world leaders signed the damn thing and called a truce, but bad blood was still pretty thick about the place. The Americas sought after some fresh prospects to ruin anew. Space Race part deux. Russia and China had their same sticks up their asses too (and North Korea was still in time out from starting their s**t, so no, stop asking kid, they didn’t ******** join in) and they were after it, too. They shot some stuff out and did a lot of fancy, expensive stuff with some crazy tech and by 2200, America had colonized Luna. There was another short, bitter little political war about rights to property in space. I don’t care enough about things that aren’t gory to dive into detail about that, but Russia’s still giving the US the side-eye for winning another bullshit argument on a technicality.

From there, space colonization exploded. Every planet within a few hundred lightyears that had solid ground worth mining for some dough on earth was overwhelmed by hopefuls. It was something of a renaissance for the days of panning for gold, and damn, were the people back on earth hauling in some coin. s**t was rough for those of us out on the field, but in true capitalism style, the head honchos didn’t really give a s**t. Nobody learned their lesson from the 1900s. Nobody ever does. It’s been damn near two hundred and fifty years and nobody’s said a thing. Sure, workers unionize and strike but the fat cats back home just tut and cut off their supplies until the babies starve, and it’s back to work they go.

Enter me. Ignore the wanted posters, they always get my ******** hair color wrong and they can never spell my name right. I’m something of a celebrity, a champion of the people, if you will. I’m not being cocky. I’m telling it like it is. You see, I saved them. I was their Moses. “Let my people go,” and all that. You see, I "stole" a ship. Her name... is the Empire.

You see, I found some people that helped me save the ******** galaxy by being a bunch of dirty pirates. And it was really ******** cool.

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image
          The Earth of 2450 is a paragon of technological innovation, largely owned by the rich who could afford to rebuild it in the wake of devastating world war. In the face of such breakthroughs, the working class were desperate to find some grounding of their own and in droves they left earth to take part in the mining operations in the newly colonized planets within our solar system. Promised riches, they arrived to find poor working and living conditions, high costs, and terrible wages, and all of it was to the benefit of the rich "Homelanders" back on earth.

Now deemed "Spacers," these hardworking people were trapped in these colonies, barely able to make the money to survive in such squalor, nevertheless to afford the astronomical cost of return travel to earth. The rare few that made it back live homelessly, unable to find work or appropriately priced housing in the now mega-rich dense population on Earth. It's been nearly two hundred and fifty years of this vicious cycle of poverty, and there have been many attempted upheavals.

Each failed coup only brings the hammer down harder.

Enter Carmen Candese, a young supermodel with a penchant for action and a rich daddy. She set the ball rolling with the purchase of a fully-outfitted cruiser, unnamed and headed for the Mars colony Modgud in search of a crew of new revolutionaries... and the most well-known criminal of the day.

User Image

Once complete, send these to me for approval, then you may post them in the thread. If they require updating, you are welcome to update them as needed.

User Image
                      (TITLE) FIRST LAST
                                  [POSITION: (insert job on the ship here)]
                                  [UPLOADING FILE ... .//DATA CORRUPT//.]
                                      [.//MANUAL REENTRY REQUIRED]
                                    (...BEGIN MANUAL INPUT)
                                    [AGE] age
                                    [HOME PLANET] home planet (ie earth, mars, luna, a ship name... anywhere with solid ground to be born on)
                                    [SKILLS] list 3-5 skills
                                    [PERSONALITY] list 3-5 traits
                                    [BIOGRAPHY] brief biography. no more than 2-3 paragraphs is necessary.
                                    (...//END MANUAL INPUT)
                                      [DATA UPDATED.]
                                      [//LOGGING OUT]

[imgleft]http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii573/xxbarbielish/DOSSIER_zps82ed2d18.png[/imgleft]
[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=14][color=postingcolor](TITLE) FIRST LAST[/color][/size]
[list][list][list][list][list][list][size=10][POSITION: (insert job on the ship here)]
[UPLOADING FILE [B]...[/B] .//DATA CORRUPT//.]
[list][list][.//MANUAL REENTRY REQUIRED][/list]([b]...[/b]BEGIN MANUAL INPUT)
[[b]AGE[/b]] [color=postingcolor]age[/color]
[[b]HOME PLANET[/b]] [color=postingcolor]home planet (ie earth, mars, luna, a ship name... anywhere with solid ground to be born on)[/color]
[[b]SKILLS[/b]] [color=postingcolor]list 3-5 skills[/color]
[[b]PERSONALITY[/b]] [color=postingcolor]list 3-5 traits[/color]
[[b]BIOGRAPHY[/b]] [color=postingcolor]brief biography. no more than 2-3 paragraphs is necessary.
([B]...[/B]//END MANUAL INPUT)
[list][DATA UPDATED.]
[//LOGGING OUT][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

i. thequeen-- barbie is head honcho, but it doesn't mean I'm not up to suggestions.
          ii. Don't start ooc drama. seriously. I really don't care anymore and I'll just have a good time dragging you before I kick you the hell out of my rp.
          iii. There is no literacy requirement, but I expect a certain degree of quality. We're all writers out to have a good time, but I don't want to have to decipher the meaning behind every word you write.
          iv. Anything above PG-13 is none of my business. No excessive gore. If you have a concern about sensitive material within your post, please notify us at the top of your post for the comfort of others. I know I sound very tumblr-esque, but it's been brought to my attention recently and I'd like to make this a safe space for everyone.
          v. Well rounded characters are an expectation. I live for the tragic, bold, and beautiful starlets, but that's not to say that they aren't legitimate characters too. Make your character believable is all that I ask. On that note: please choose appropriate faceclaims. If you need help, I'm always willing to assist.
          vi. The lore of this universe is fairly open, which leaves you with a fair degree of creative license. Don't run away with it, but don't hesitate to create reasonable technology and the like. If you have a concern about something, I'm only a message away.
          vii. Please have a layout consisting of at least a name and a photo. The rest is up to you. I don't really care if you post twice a day or twice a week, but I'll skip right over you if you hold us up.
          viii. Lastly, be courteous to other participants. Don't godmod, interact, plot, blah blah blah. And Have fun, too.

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image
User Image
          The Empire is a fully outfitted, privately owned cruiser. Though not entirely built for stealth, she is equipped to handle swift evasion and can take the stress of battle well. All weaponry is state of the art, coming on the cusp of military-grade innovation and the ship is even equipped with two separate AI; Ares handles battle functionality while Aphrodite offers assistance with flight, maintenance, and other general, integral system needs that the crew may have. She is built to harbor a crew of anywhere from 40-100, but she is most comfortable (and at her most operable) with about 60 on board. For a bunch of revolutionaries grasping at straws, she would have been unattainable without Carmen Candese's money and connections, and with her, the woes of an uprising will be lessened.

Because she was privately commissioned, the Empire harbors more comforts than your standard warship. Though crew quarters might get a little tight, the Empire boasts not one luxury cabin, but three altogether, though the top deck suite is generally reserved for the captain's private use. Dining onboard isn't five star, but the crew won't be expected to muck it on rations; a well fed army is a well fought one. There might not be a pool or a garden, but there is a gym and sparring/training grounds available for use during downtime or for training exercises. When it's time for action, the directives are clear, and if you "forget" your station, don't think Ares or Aphrodite will hesitate to remind you of what's at stake, and exactly where you belong.

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items