ooc

Sparkly Swapper

1,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User ImageUser Image

"Earth," 2020.

An alien race invaded, decimating everything in their wake.

Tall black towers sprouted in the center of all major cities, emitting a signal called The Noise. It affected every human being, and those over the age of 25 succumbed to its call and became mindless vessels, walking towards the nearest black tower. It was not an instantaneous reaction, but one that happened as the years passed; days became months became years, and there were less and less adults in the world. Those that were unfortunate enough to turn 21 began experiencing the pull of The Noise on their mind -- no one could resist. People found that those born after the invasion of the aliens were born with the curse as well.

Not only did the aliens bring The Noise, but the animals were affected, morphing into something more frightening, more powerful. Items called Minerals began to show up, gems with special powers engraved in them. No one knew what to make of these phenomena; no one knew how to use them.

"Earth," 2023.

A group of adults, 67 years old, struggling with the pull of The Noise, made a discovery of how to utilize the minerals. It was almost as if they were magic, energy sources trapped in the shines of gems that had the potential to rebuild society -- and maybe even overthrow the aliens. Regular weapons didn't work on the extraterrestrials, but they were sure that the Minerals had some sort of secret to be uncovered, some sort of code that needed to be cracked, and all of its energy and power would be unleashed.

"Earth," 2024.

With the help of the dwindling adults, several cities began to rise from the ashes of the old world to serve as refugees for the kids.

Children had to grow up faster. They began to adapt to the new world, to read books written by great men, to learn from the dying generation before them. They had to kill to survive, discarding part of their humanity, destroying their own innocence to obtain a different part of their nature that would never have awakened had the earth not be forced into their hands.

"Earth," 2026.

The aliens did not interfere with the construction of the refugee cities until now. The first attack was on Lacuid, coming from the caverns below it. The other three cities reported the aliens attack weeks later, coming from underground, too. Ever since then, attacks have happened more frequently, and the only attacks coming from above ground would be during the days of the equinox.

The aliens did not attack to kill, but instead, seemed to desire injecting the kids with some sort of sedative secreted from their scythe-like arms. They wanted survivors.

"Earth," 2029.

The last adult of The Old Age entered the black tower, a man named Neil Middle, age 48.

The kids now controlled the earth.

"Earth," 2035.

Present day.

In The Underbelly of Lacuid, Squad 2 was on the last day of their tour, fending off a twelve day attack from the aliens. Abruptly, a bright light appeared, blinding everybody. When the light vanished, in its place were three kids, dazed, confused, and in the middle of the bloodshed.

Two aliens darted for them, their claws ready for the kill, when Rubido rushed forward with his gun and sacrificed himself to save them.

It was at that very moment that The Travelers made enemies -- they were strangers that had caused the death of a beloved comrade.

"Get them off my ******** battlefield!"

Sparkly Swapper

1,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User ImageUser Image

Earth, 2014.

Present day.

The Travelers were all in their respective classes, listening to the boring lecture of their professors, looking outside the window, or even doodling in their notebooks, when the sound of static invaded their ears. At first, it was faint, at the back of the room somewhere, and then it became deafening. Frantically, they looked around, but no one else seemed to hear it. The static pulsed inside their ears and scratched painfully at their heads, and slowly, it merged into the cries of war and slaughter. A white light enveloped their vision.

When it receded, it took the static noise with them -- as well as their once-familiar world.

They were now standing in the middle of a battlefield somewhere underground; there was green and red blood splattered on the floor. When they looked up, a horde of monsters stared back at them as though in confusion. Everyone was frozen in place, until The Third Traveler took a step back. That single movement of terror shattered the monsters from the spell, and two darted towards them, letting out a bloodcurdling scream that was not of this world.

But a young man fired shots somewhere behind them, momentarily stunning the creatures. He stepped in their way -- he couldn't have been much older than them -- and yelled for them to run.

Adrenaline pumping through their veins, they turned away from the seemingly endless line of horror and ran, finally noticing the squad of people firing at the monsters from the safety of wooden and metal defensive covers.

The three glanced back to see if the boy had followed them, and the last thing they saw was a monster's scythe limb piercing through his stomach. It raised the boy up in the air and snarled in his face, but he only kept his eyes on The Travelers.

"Keep...running. Don't stop."

The monster dragged him away.

Sparkly Swapper

1,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User ImageUser Image

tab tab tab general
understand the gaia tos. please treat everyone
with respect and keep the drama ic only. if any
problem should arise between two rpers,
sort it out calmly, forget about it, or pm me
and i'll tell you something along the lines of
let it gooooooooooooooooo.

tab tab tab literacy
this is a literate roleplay.
400+ words per post, yeah? not too difficult.
try not to fluff around so much, though, and
i'mma be honest, i'm not gonna count your words.
this is just a guideline. one liners are never
acceptable; neither is a single paragraph.

tab tab tab posting
posts don't have to be pretty,
but a picture, name, location, and who
your character is talking to would be wonderful.
also, bold and color your dialogue.
in case anyone forgot, it's third person, past tense.

tab tab tab characters
you know the drill on charries,
no mary sues or gary sues. no two
characters may have the same weapon.
weapons will be enhanced by minerals,
so go ahead and pick a mineral (the
earth mineral is not an offensive one).
the faq has all you need to know about them.

i have given each character a set
of details that must be used in creating
your character in some way. this is to
force inherent differences in characters
as well as spiffy em up with weirdness.
because we like weirdness.

beneath the character blurb (that
you will create) are the three check
boxes that identify your details:
☑ a personal piece of information
☑ an advantage the character has over others
☑ a quirky miscellaneous fun fact.
☑ a fourth box is empty for you to add
your own information.
☑ if there is a fifth box, it is for weapon and mineral choice.

the travelers will not be using the slang
right from the start because they're new
to the world and its slang. characters
that are already there will use the slang,
and if not use, at least understand them.
but please use the slang somewhat.
i think it would add a fun dimension
to the roleplay!

tab tab tab leaving
you need to leave?
cool, jist let me know.

tab tab tab storyline
i really want this roleplay
to have a plot and actually go somewhere,
so there are several npc's that cannot
be used by other roleplayers.
villain slots will most likely never open
up, but other character slots could
and might open up, depending
on whether or not the roleplay
actually gets far enough for that.

tab tab tab
reserve/profile
applying?
easy as pie. send me the reserve,
if your reserve is accepted, i will then
send you a scenario topic or question
that you will need to answer as part of
your profile. it'll be in third person,
past tense.

your profile should be in a separate
thread, and the link should be pm'ed
to me or posted in the ooc, quoting me.

tab tab tab hurh?
confused? ask questions.
i don't bite!

Sparkly Swapper

1,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User ImageUser Image

These are the travelers from 2014. Remember the information next to the check boxes must be included in your character making. As a reminder, the first box is personal information, the second box is something that makes the character valuable, and the third and fourth boxes are miscellaneous. The travelers are the only ones that are unaffected by The Noise; they do not have tainted eyes.

tab tab tab tab User Image
what a treacherous

thing to believe

that a person

is more than a person

JOHN GREENтнε fɪrsт тravεʟεr

JOHN DOE
                    tab tab tab tab tab tab trait underbelly trait underbelly trait
                    Exegi monumentum aere perenniu. Exegi monumentum aere perenniu.

I tried to kill myself at 15.
                              I'm good at tinkering with machines.
                              I laugh really hard at stupid jokes.
                              miscellaneous info.

☒ username
                    jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may/17

tab tab tab ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
tab tab tab ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒the fault, dear brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.x▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

what a treacherous

thing to believe

that a person

is more than a person

JOHN GREENтнε sεcoɴd тravεʟεr

JANE DOE

I suffer from panic attacks.
                              I have a good 6th sense.
                              I know every pick-up line there is to know.
                              miscellaneous info

☒ username
          jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may/17

tab tab tab ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒the fault, dear brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.x▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

what a treacherous

thing to believe

that a person

is more than a person

JOHN GREENтнε тнɪrd тravεʟεr

JANE DOE
                    tab tab tab tab tab : tab trait underbelly trait underbelly trait

I am the First Traveler's half-sister.
                              I barely make any noise when I move.
                              I eat twice my weight.
                              miscellaneous info

☒ username
                    jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may/13

Sparkly Swapper

1,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User ImageUser Image

These are the characters that make up the 2nd squad. Squads are usually comprised of 30-40 other members, so these are not the only people part of the squad. Remember the information next to the check boxes must be included in your character making. As a reminder, the first box is personal information, the second box is something that makes the character valuable, and the third and fourth boxes are miscellaneous. The fifth box is a weapon enhanced by a mineral.

what a treacherous

thing to believe

that a person

is more than a person

JOHN GREENтнε ʙoss

JANE DOE

I was the youngest person to become a boss-man at age 11.
                              I naturally command respect and intimidate people.
                              I suffer from severe motion sickness.
                              miscellaneous info
                              short distance weapon

☒username
                    jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may/15

what a treacherous

thing to believe

that a person

is more than a person

JOHN GREENтнε ʟɪευтεɴaɴт coʟoɴεʟ

JOHN DOE

I am blind in one eye.
                              I have the best hearing.
                              I am supremely ticklish.
                              miscellaneous info
                              long distance weapon

☒username
                    jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may/19

what a treacherous

thing to believe

that a person

is more than a person

JOHN GREENтнε fɪrsт soʟdɪεr

JANE DOE

My eyes are sensitive to light.
                              I see the best in dim lighting or almost darkness.
                              I prefer my nickname because I have the ugliest name.
                              miscellaneous info
                              short-distance weapon

☒ username
                    jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may/18

what a treacherous

thing to believe

that a person

is more than a person

JOHN GREENтнε sεcoɴd soʟdɪεr

JOHN DOE
                    tab tab tab tab tab tab underbelly trait underbelly trait

I cannot read.
                              I use acrobatics with my fighting style.
                              I like to collect things that people would find weird or useless.
                              miscellaneous info
                              short distance weapon

☒username

what a treacherous

thing to believe

that a person

is more than a person

JOHN GREENтнε тнɪrd soʟdɪεr

JOHN DOE

I escaped from a Bethlehem Camp at 10.
                              I have the quickest reaction time.
                              I am always sleepy.
                              miscellaneous info
                              short distance weapon

☒username
                    jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may/16

what a treacherous

thing to believe

that a person

is more than a person

JOHN GREENтнε foυrтн soʟdɪεr

JANE DOE

There are holes in my memory.
                              I have the best aim.
                              I have back problems due to my breast size.
                              miscellaneous info
                              long distance weapon

☒username
                    jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may/16

what a treacherous

thing to believe

that a person

is more than a person

JOHN GREENтнε fɪfтн soʟdɪεr

JOHN DOE

I suffer from insomnia.
                              I am the best at finding patterns and predicting movements.
                              I am ridiculously picky with my food.
                              miscellaneous info
                              long distance weapon

☒username
                    jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may/18

Sparkly Swapper

1,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User ImageUser Image

These are the extra characters that make up the 2nd squad. Squads are usually comprised of 30-40 other members, so these are not the only people part of the squad. Remember the information next to the check boxes must be included in your character making. As a reminder, the first box is personal information, the second box is something that makes the character valuable, and the third and fourth boxes are miscellaneous. The fifth box is a weapon enhanced by a mineral.

what a treacherous

thing to believe

that a person

is more than a person

JOHN GREENтнε ɴεѡ rεcrυɪт

JANE DOE

I recently watched my best friend succumb to the noise.
                              I adapt to situations quickly and relatively easy.
                              I am ridiculously clumsy.
                              miscellaneous info
                              weapon

☒username
                    jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may/15

what a treacherous

thing to believe

that a person

is more than a person

JOHN GREENтнε мεdɪc

ERZA N'DAYA
                    tab tab tab tab tab tab focused underbelly solemn underbelly harsh
                    Erza does not have a sense of humor, despite his many attempts at trying
                    to be funny. A naturally serious boy, his brows are always furrowed and
                    creased in thought, even on his happy days. Though his demeanor is not
                    an asset in social environments, it allows him to stay cool on the battlefield,
                    his hand steady when stitching the injuries of his often screaming comrades.
                    However, off the battlefield, the very sight of blood anywhere near him and
                    it's lights out for Erza.

I became a medic at age 12, the youngest ever.
                              I am the fastest stitcher.
                              When out of the pressure of the battlefield, blood makes me faint.
                              miscellaneous info

☒ loser companymachine

what a treacherous

thing to believe

that a person

is more than a person

JOHN GREENтнε мεssεɴɢεr

JANE DOE

I suffer from asthma.
                              I am the fastest runner.
                              I have many allergies.
                              miscellaneous info

☒username

what a treacherous

thing to believe

that a person

is more than a person

JOHN GREENтнε тεcнɪsт

JOHN DOE

I study under and work with Eddie, the techist.
                              I can create complex things with little available resources.
                              I am attracted to shiny objects.
                              miscellaneous info

☒username
                    jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may jamaal may/11

Sparkly Swapper

1,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User ImageUser Image

This is the list of the NPC's, alive and dead. There are certain NPC's that only I can control, and this is because I need them to move the story forward. Then, there are other NPC's that are up for grabs; you can use them to push forward your own story, but just make sure it's logical. NPC 1 can't be talking to Player 1 in the bathroom while at the same time talking to Player 2 in the kitchen on the other side of the city.

Here is a key:
        tab tab Oxide Red: NPC's with this color are unplayable. Because they're dead.
        tab tab 001aa3: NPC's with this color are reserved for my tinkering and tampering.
        tab tab Black: NPC's with this color are up for grabs.

Players may add NPC's to the list. Just PM or quote me in the OOC with a picture, their name, and an obnoxiously short blurb.

User Image mr.somoUser Imagemr.somoUser Image

User Imagemr.somoUser Imagemr.somoUser Image

User Image

Sparkly Swapper

1,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User ImageUser Image

Here is a list of locations. More can, and most likely will, be added later, throughout the roleplay. I tried to logic police the geography and make sure that it makes sense and isn't weirdly illogical. But then I was like nahhhhhhh. Also, a lot of the places you might need to use your imagination a bit, because I couldn't find cool picture representations, so some of them might just be little parts of the city and you'd just have to imagine the rest in your unagi.

Note, some of the images are flipped sideways.

tab tab tab lacuid
    one of the major cities of "earth" located in the sarahbi desert. founded quickly
    after the invasion, lacuid is protected by eight feet tall walls made from broken
    pieces of metal that are enhanced by white minerals. it quickly flourished and
    blossomed as the trading king due to its almost miraculous location of being
    one of the only places in the desert with greenery, thanks to the river mekkong
    that runs through its center. heavily protected, lacuid has several layers and
    areas within its walls and only two entrances, marked by the river's own
    entrance and exit.

User Image
      тнε тop ʟaʏεr
      tab tab the surface layer. much of the people live
      and work here. this is the first layer travelers and traders
      reach, and the layer where the river mekkong runs through.
      almost all of the shops are located here, as well as caravans,
      some bars and some cafes. notably, iseul's cafe is here,
      the best kreed in town is served, and darren has his trading
      ship here open for trade.

doobly doo
User Image
      εdεɴ
      tab tab the center of the city built around the center of
      the river mekkong that runs through the city. all of the higher ups
      live here -- those that control the politics of the city, dealing with
      trade between merchants and other cities, or oversee the security,
      etc. there is no physical border that cuts of eden from the rest
      of the city, only social ones that keep the other classes from
      loitering through. notably, the research center, the medic
      center
      , and the hall are located here.

doobly doo
User Image
      тнε ʙεʟʟʏ
      tab tab the layer right beneath the city beside the
      caverns, reached by climbing the roofs of buildings stacked
      side by side like staircases. the ones that live here are usually
      the soldiers, the searchers, or the hunters. often times, merchants
      and travelers will also take residence here because there is
      no more room left on the top layer. these are also the training grounds
      for prospective soldiers to be taught how to be part of the squads,
      and medics that are specifically for the squads often travel to this
      layer to treat the wounded. because it's located at the mouth of
      the caverns, many citizens avoid this area unless they have
      specific business to be here.

doobly doo
User ImagexUser Image
      тнε υɴdεrʙεʟʟʏ
      tab tab the caverns beneath the city. the aliens use these
      nature or man or even alien-made halls to travel into the city. there
      are only two entrances, located on either sides of the belly: the south
      entrance and the north entrance. there is aways at least one squad
      at each entrance at all times, patrolling or defending the borders.
      special hunters like hang will also travel here with a squad to
      find rare items, minerals, or meat from animals that only live down
      under. the busboy grigori is often here, working for the squad.
      there are several areas that have lakes of lavas; these areas are
      where the fire and earth minerals can be found.

doobly doo

tab tab tab earth
    there are currently four known major cities on "earth," the earth
    that the travelers find themselves on, having traveled to the year 2035.
    it is unknown as to whether or not this earth is the same as the one they're
    from and it's just in the future, or if this earth is a parallel universe. the
    landscape seems to have differed and the animals have also morphed
    into larger and more aggressive sizes. however, despite the differences,
    the language is the same (save for some slang) and some of the names
    of sites are the same as well, if not at least very similar. not only that,
    but throughout the landscape are pockets of ruins of cities or technology
    that seem very similar to what the travelers are used to, from an era that
    these people here call "the old age."

User ImagexUser Image
      тнε saraнʙɪ dεsεrт
      tab tab the desert that surrounds lacuid. not the
      biggest desert, but one of the hottest and most dangerous,
      due to the alien swarms in its underground caverns. sandstorms
      are frequent but mild, and generally pass by unnoticed. there
      isn't a lick of green anywhere in the desert, except for lacuid. the
      river mekkong cuts through the sarahbi, and along its shores
      are bits of shrubs and trees. the animals here are large and
      fierce, but their milk, meat, and hide are valuable and of high
      quality -- the only problem is being able to kill them. the only
      way to travel through the desert is by sand ships, run by the
      merchants -- you have to buy your ticket to get through, buy
      a license to acquire your own sand ship, or have a good
      enough incentive for darren to give you a ride.

doobly doo
User ImagexUser Image
      rɪvεr mεккoɴɢ
      tab tab river mekkong runs the length of the sarahbi desert. it is
      the sole reason for any greenery or vegetation in the desert, and the main
      reason as to why lacuid has become a major city of earth. merchant ships
      will sail along its waters, providing passage and goods. river mekkong's
      waters are used for a variety of daily living -- hygiene, crops, thirst -- and
      it is also abundant with fish and sea creatures. however, merchants aren't
      the only ones to use its length. any ship with ripped black sails, whether it
      is a water ship or a sand ship, are either rogues or narkers, and neither
      are good news.

doobly doo
User Image
      тнε rυɪɴs
      tab tab littered through the world are broken pieces
      of a previous era, dubbed "the old age," a time before the aliens
      came. hunters will often scavenge these old monuments
      for parts to sell or trade. some will use these run-down
      monuments as places to stay during their travels, and techists
      will often study the machinery from the old age for ideas
      on design and purpose. the most notable find that can be
      scavenged in ruins is the black mineral.

doobly doo
User Image
      тнε ʙonε of тнε oʟd aɢε
      tab tab bones of the old age are where the people
      of the old age used to live. they're now abandoned and littered
      with trash. however, a bone of the old age contains many
      valuable minerals, most notably the white and electric mineral,
      as well as machinery and parts that techists need and that
      hunters gather for trade. rogues often make camp in a bone,
      waiting to ambush any traveler, but rogues are the little fish --
      scattered throughout a bone are bethlehem camps, and at the
      center of every bone of the old age is a bethlehem tower. the
      closest bone to lacuid is tokio.

doobly doo
User ImagexUser Image
      ʙεтнʟεнεм
      tab tab bethlehem camps are scattered throughout
      all of the bones. they're prisons that capture kids that haven't
      succumbed to the noise and keep them locked up until the noise
      takes over. little is known about happens to those inside the
      camps, whether they're torture or experimented on, or simply
      left to waste away until they succumb. bethlehem camps are
      run by narkers. a bethlehem tower is in the center of every
      bone. nobody knows what happens when you enter a tower,
      but nobody's ever left, and no one that hasn't succumbed ever
      successfully broke in.

Sparkly Swapper

1,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User ImageUser Image

The slang of "Earth" is a hybrid of Spanish, Russian (much of it is from A Clockwork Orange), and English. Some of the slang is similar; i.e. "Piss off," "******** off," "What's up" is the same on Earth as it is on "Earth." However, some of the slang is different and completely new to the Travelers. Please note that this is not a complete dictionary of the slang used and neither is this a static list. Players may add slang to the list by merely using the newly created slang in their posts, and then typing out the definitions at the bottom of their post as an ooc footnote. I will then add it to the list with your definition; you can also quote me to make sure that I caught it.

tab tab tab words

Bog
tab tab noun. God.
tab tab tab tab ex: "You better knock on some stones before Bog strikes ya down for blaspheming."

Boss-Man
tab tab noun. a squad leader; there are only six.
tab tab tab tab ex: "I heard she became Boss-Man at 12."

bugger
tab tab noun. a derogatory term that refers to the alien race.
tab tab tab tab ex: "Let's kill some buggers today."

busboy
tab tab noun. a helper for squads; doesn't normally fight, but will send messages, clean/check weapons, etc.
tab tab tab tab ex: "You need several busboys to make sure the squad's running well."

chellovek
tab tab noun. foreigner; outsider; sometimes shortened to "veck."
tab tab tab tab ex: "Show the chelloveks 'round the city."
tab tab tab tab ex: "Don't trust them vecks."

chorros
tab tab noun. a derogatory way to refer to someone of the lower class; usually used by those of the higher class. also "chollos."
tab tab tab tab ex: "Don't touch the dirty chorros. You'll catch a disease.
tab tab tab tab ex: "Can't these chollos do something other than litter the streets with their filthy presence?"

droog
tab tab noun. someone the speaker sees as less than himself.
tab tab tab tab ex: "Ay, droog, get me some water."

frack
tab tab etc. equivalent of "********." used strictly by kids 12 and under.
tab tab tab tab ex: "Get me my fracking gun."
tab tab tab tab ex: "Frack! I just jammed my toe against the chair leg."

govoreet
tab tab noun. a derogatory way to call someone of high class or someone who has led an easy, untroubled life.
tab tab tab tab ex: "Look how fat that govoreet's pockets are."

guey
tab tab noun. an informal way to refer to a person; i.e. friend, man, dude.
tab tab tab tab ex: "Hey, guey, how's it going?"

gueya
tab tab noun. a formal way to refer to a person; i.e. a polite way to say friend, man, dude.
tab tab tab tab ex: "Sorry, gueya, I didn't see you there."
tab tab tab tab ex: "'Scuse me, gueya, trying to get through."

gut
tab tab verb. to kill.
tab tab tab tab ex: "Gut him out back behind the tree."

hunter
tab tab noun. one that gathers materials from outside the city; will gather metals, fruits, anything worth bringing back.
tab tab tab tab ex: "If you need wanna trade some goods, find a hunter."

inbred
tab tab noun. a derogatory way to call someone a weakling, coward, loser.
tab tab tab tab ex: "Them inbreds don't fight for anyone, not even themselves."

kreed
tab tab noun. popular drink of the city; laced milk.
tab tab tab tab ex: "After work, Iet's get some kreed."

kupet
tab tab noun. coins. 100 kupets make 1 washington.
tab tab tab tab ex: "Got a couple of kupets I can borrow?"

malchek
tab tab noun. male youngster; little boy
tab tab tab tab ex: "The malcheks get rowdier and rowdier each year."

nark
tab tab noun. someone that has turned on the human race; a hateful way to say "traitor." plural, "narkers."
tab tab tab tab narkers that have betrayed the human race have a black mark on their forehead; due to their betrayal, they do not worry about the noise.
tab tab tab tab ex: "John was a nark; he switched sides as soon as he saw 'em comin'."
tab tab verb. a hateful way to say "to betray"
tab tab tab tab ex: "She narked us before I even knew her name."

noise
tab tab noun. the static signal that everyone suffers from. most succumb around age 21-23.
tab tab tab tab ex: "I've managed to resist the noise for a year, but now I'll be 22 soon and I don't know if I can keep it up."

pol
tab tab noun. illegal goods. plural, "pol."
tab tab tab tab ex: "Got any pol in that bag of yours?"

ptista
tab tab noun. female youngster; little girl.
tab tab tab tab ex: "It's safer for ptistas to wear pants instead of frilly skirts."

putada
tab tab noun. a derogatory way to refer to someone as the son of a b***h.
tab tab tab tab ex: "Get the hell out of here, putada."

rasoodocks
tab tab noun. courage; balls.
tab tab tab tab ex: "You got any rasoodocks in those pants, or are you a chicken?"

rough
tab tab adjective. tough; powerful; in control.
tab tab tab tab ex: "What, you think you rough? You think you can handle it?"

searcher
tab tab noun. researcher; studies the alien specimens to understand motive and weaknesses.
tab tab tab tab ex: "The searchers came back from their tour with a dead alien body."

shet
tab tab etc. equivalent of "s**t." used by kids 12 and under.
tab tab tab tab ex: "Shet, I ran out of money."
tab tab tab tab ex: "Hold on, I gotta take a shet."

sick
tab tab adjective. crazy; ill in the head.
tab tab tab tab ex: "That guy's sick. He's been talking to the wall all day."

sleep
tab tab verb. to slack off; to not pay attention; note: different than "asleep."
tab tab tab tab ex: "You sleep?"
tab tab tab tab ex: "You sleeping!"
tab tab tab tab see phrases.

squad
tab tab noun. the group that tours the underbelly and defends the city; there are only six.
tab tab tab tab ex: "The squads have been gone for five days now with no word from 'em."

starry-eyed
tab tab adjective. naive. can also be used as "stars in his/her eyes."
tab tab tab tab ex: "That starry-eyed boy is gonna get himself killed one day."
tab tab tab tab ex: "That boy's got stars in his eyes."

techist
tab tab noun. a person that works with technology from the old age; there is one in each squad.
tab tab tab tab ex: "Bring that to the squad techist; he'll fix it up into a weapon."

tolchock
tab tab noun. a derogatory way to refer to a novice or a beginner.
tab tab tab tab ex: "Train the tolchocks tomorrow. They need it big time."

turn
tab tab verb. to succumb to the noise.
tab tab tab tab ex: "Once you turn, you're gone forever."

washington
tab tab noun. the currency of the world. 1 washington equals 100 kupets.
tab tab tab tab ex: "If you wanna buy that toy, it's gonna cost ya four washingtons."

the underbelly dialogue

tab tab tab phrases

"Ay."
tab tab "Hey."

"Chingalo!"
tab tab "Forget about it."
tab tab "Cut it out!"
tab tab "Knock it off!"

"Cho."
tab tab "Yo."
tab tab "Hey."

"Damelo."
tab tab "Bring it on."
tab tab "I'm ready (for it)."
tab tab lit. "Give it to me."

"Ay, ojos, yeah?"
tab tab "Keep your eyes open."
tab tab "Be on guard."
tab tab "Be careful."

"Rip him a new one."
tab tab "Torture him."

"Tet!"
tab tab sound of irritation; normally used as an interruption.
tab tab "Tsk!"
tab tab ex: "Hey, you should know better than to -- "
tab tab xxx"Tet! Don't patronize me."

"Vidanya."
tab tab informal phrase of departure.
tab tab "Bye."
tab tab "See you later."

"You sleep?"
tab tab "Are you paying attention?"
tab tab "Are you slacking off?"

"You sleeping!
tab tab "You're slacking!"
tab tab "You're not paying attention!"

Sparkly Swapper

1,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User ImageUser Image

Welcome, welcome! You want to apply for a position? Yay! Positions are first come, first serve, but I hold the right to deny your reservation if I feel like your samples or your blurb is not at a level that I would like.

Note:
        tab Character ages and genders cannot change.
        tab Make sure the FC matches the age.
        tab Add in a miscellaneous information.
        tab Write a short blurb.
        tab Don't stretch the picture.
        tab Pick a Mineral for your weapon :
        tab tab white
        tab tab electric
        tab tab fire
        tab tab black
        tab tab earth is not an offensive Mineral.

:tab::tab::tab::tab:[imgleft]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/loveless_tale/bef647f6-c60f-412b-8aa7-54700bee4569_zps003dd7c3.jpg[/imgleft]
[color=white]what a treacherous

thing to believe

that a person

is more than a person[/color]
[color=white]JOHN GREEN[/color][size=24]т[u]нε[/u] r[u]ole[/u][/size][/size]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=16][b]NAME[/size][/b]
[list][list][size=11]:tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab:trait [color=white]underbelly[/color] trait [color=white]underbelly[/color] trait
BLURB BLURB BLURB BLURB BLURB BLURB BLURB BLURB BLURB BLURB BLURB BLURB

[list][list][list][list][list]☑ [i]miscellaneous information[/i]
☑ [i]weapon // mineral[/i]?
☑ [i]sample(s)[/i]?
☒ username [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

I see your reserve is accepted! Sweet beans. Upon acceptance of your reserve, you should also have received a situation topic/question. Please answer it with however many paragraphs you wish in third person, past tense, and place it in the necessary section of your profile.

Post this layout in a separate thread and send me the link via PM or through the OOC when finished.

:tab::tab::tab::tab:[imgleft]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/loveless_tale/profile_zps3b4dab38.jpg[/imgleft]
[color=white]what a treacherous

thing to believe

that a person

is more than a person

JOHN GREEN

JOHN GREEN

JOHN GREEN

JOHN GREEN
JOHN GREEN

JOHN GREEN [/color][size=24]т[u]нε[/u] r[u]ole[/u][/size][/size]
[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=16][b]NAME[/size][/b] [size=11]• • •[/size] [size=14]♀♂[size=17]/[/size]age[/size]
[list][list][size=11]
[list][list][list][list][list]☑ [i]predestined detail 1[/i]
☑ [i]predestined detail 2[/i]
☑ [i]predestined detail 3[/i]
☑ [i]miscellaneous detail [/i]
☑ [i]weapon ; delete if none[/i][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

:tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab:trait
blurb blurb blurb blurb blurb blurb blurb blurb blurb blurb blurb blurb

☐ ☐ ☐

:tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab:history

:tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab:history

[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list]

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
[color=white]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]▒ [size=8]the fault, dear brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.[color=white]x[/color][/size] ▒[color=white]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[list][list][list][list]

:tab::tab::tab:[size=14]situation topic[/size]

[size=11] answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer
answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer
answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer

answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer answer [/size]

[size=11][list][list][list][list][list]☒ username [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/size][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Sparkly Swapper

1,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User ImageUser Image

Check here for what's happening in the roleplay, plot-wise, relationship-wise, and whatnot.

Sparkly Swapper

1,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User ImageUser Image

Here are questions that I tried to clear up. If you have one, go ahead and PM me or even quote me in the OOC. I'll answer it and add it to this list; who knows, maybe someone else has the same question? And I get that this may be a little complicated, so don't worry, I won't get mad if there's something you misunderstood or something that needs more clarity.

Note: questions that are bolded and colored are important to the rolelay.

tab how do you pronounce the city name?
        la - seed.

tab ☑ how do the squads work?
        there are two entrances in the underbelly that must always be
        watched over and defended. squad numbers are not rankings, but just
        squad titles to easily distinguish them. one squad does not rule over
        other squads.

the squad fighting sequence goes like this:

south entrance xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx north entrance
        week 1: squad 1 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx squad 2
        week 2: squad 3 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx squad 4
        week 3: squad 1 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx squad 4
        week 4: squad 5 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx squad 6
        week 5: squad 2 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx squad 1
        week 6: squad 4 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx squad 3
        week 7: squad 6 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx squad 5
        repeat.

tab do squads always fight in the underbelly?
        no. sometimes there are short skirmishes, sometimes
        it's just patrolling, other times, there are week long battles.

tab is it always one squad at an entrance?
        usually, unless the aliens turn the tables, then other squads
        will assist.

tab ☑ what weapons can i pick from?
        whatever your heart desires.
        guns use black minerals as ammo. if you want swords or daggers
        and the such, they'll need to be enhanced with a white mineral.
        and blargh. get creative? you have free range!

tab ☑ what's up with the color of people's eyes?
        anyone that suffers from the noise has eyes that are slowly turning
        black. the black starts at the edge of the eyes in the whites, and the more
        time passes, the more it begins to blacken. when you finally succumb, the
        entirety of your eyes turn black. you can tell how far along someone is in
        the noise by how black their eyes are.

tab the entire eye?
        yes, the entire eye. not just the pupil and stuff, but the whole
        white and stuff, too. i don't know the scientific name for it and i'm too
        lazy to check lol.

tab ☑ what is the noise?
        the noise is a curse or disease that the aliens brought with them.
        everyone that suffers from the noise has the whites of their eyes
        slowly start to blacken. the noise takes over anybody over the age
        of 24, and most succumb roughly around age 21-23. when one
        succumbs, they automatically lose their sense of self and will
        begin traveling to the nearest bethlehem tower. someone that has
        "turned" cannot be reasoned with; they're unresponsive, will not
        sleep and will not eat. you cannot break them free of the noise.

tab ☑ what happens when you reach age 21?
        the noise begins to take over. you start having dreams of static.
        at first, you can resist, but each day it gets stronger, and
        eventually, it overpowers you and you turn.

tab does everyone succumb to the noise?
        almost everyone. there are a select few that reach the age of 24,
        their eyes pitch black, but they haven't turned. it's a select few,
        and it has nothing to do with willpower. right now, it seems to
        be just luck. you don't know if you're one of the few that don't
        turn; you can only wait.

tab can my character be one of the ones that don't turn?
        no. (:

tab can my character be immune to the noise?
        no. only the travelers are immune from the noise.

tab ☑what do the aliens look like?
        they're similar to the banner picture, the white creature with
        the long head and claws and red vein-y things. x.
        the picture shows it without legs, but the aliens will have legs similar to the
        scythe-claws.

tab ☑ what's the name of the alien race?
        i didn't give them one! you can call them whatever
        derogatory term you can think of, kind of like how the characters of
        the walking dead call them walkers instead of zombies.

tab ☑ what are minerals?
        minerals are gems that have specific powers/energy that can
        help or hinder. they're rare and not easily found; the bigger the mineral,
        the more power it has -- i.e. the stronger it is. minerals never run out of
        energy, but if mineral A is the size of a boulder and mineral B is the size
        of a pebble, you'll need hundreds of mineral B to reach mineral A's output.
        that was just an example, though, minerals don't get that big. the biggest
        they get is about the size of your fist, and the smallest they get is the size
        of your pinky nail.

regular weapons cannot hurt the aliens. they must be enhanced by a
        mineral to have effect. all of the minerals except for the earth mineral
        can be used as a weapon enhancement.

techists know more about what to do with them and how to utilize them
        than others, but hunters that specialize in minerals know more
        about where to find them than anybody else. there are five known types:

the white mineral: used to enhance durability. whatever is enhanced
        with the white mineral better withstand natural disaster/effects, as well
        as alien/human efforts of damage and pressure. it will also have a
        stronger impact/strength when used as a weapon. a rare mineral found
        only in the bones of the old age.

the electric mineral: generates electricity. the electric mineral is
        what powers the cities and parts of the ships. a rare mineral found
        only in the bones of the old age; the strongest electric minerals
        are found in trees that have been struck by lightning.

the fire mineral: generates heat or fire. the fire mineral is used
        usually for cooking, but lately, techists have been trying to research
        on how to tap into its fire energy in an attempt to recreate flame
        throwers. an uncommon mineral found in caves.

the earth mineral: gives the soil in a small area more nutrients. crops
        and plants that have been helped by the earth mineral grow bigger
        and are better quality. cannot enhance a weapon. it is a common
        mineral found in tree bark or in caves.

the black mineral: provides ammo in the form of small, powerful
        energy blasts, similar to bullets. strictly used for enhance weapons;
        the only ones people have found that work against the aliens. it is
        a rare mineral found in some ruins of the old age.

tab can minerals enhance people?
        no, only objects, and only techists know how. any
        tinkering and tampering by those that don't know what they're doing
        risk breaking the mineral.

tab why do kids twelve and under use different cuss words?
        older kids, thirteen and up, find it disrespectful when kids twelve
        and under use the curse words "********" and "s**t." when younger kids use
        these words, especially around older kids, they're often disciplined -- as in
        beat up. on the other hand, if kids thirteen and older use "frack" and "shet,"
        they are made fun of and laughed at.

tab what is laced milk?
        milk. that is laced. with some stuffs. (:

tab does anything happen from drinking kreed?
        think alcohol. but you need a lot of kreed, at least 15
        cups to feel anything at all.

tab what is the medic center?
        the medic center is similar to a hospital. it is where the injured
        go and where the medics study, practice, and operate.

tab what is the hall?
        the hall is similar to a town hall. it is where the big kids
        with all of the power in the city hold meetings about concerns
        that are larger than life, dealing with politics, trade rules
        between merchants and cities. it is also where the boss-mans
        meet to receive special orders or attend meetings that have
        to do with security -- protecting the border, fighting off aliens,
        or whatever else is necessary for them to accomplish.

it is also where the biggest library on "earth" is.

Sparkly Swapper

1,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Sparkly Swapper

1,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Quick Reply

Submit