Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

People counter

+1 1 100.0% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Newbie Noob

**NOTICE**

There has been a minor update to the story, Medics are now separate from the guards. They also are required to have an ability that generates a chemical that is required by an experiment, medics are all given a walkie talkie to stay in communication with the dependent experiment these walkie talkies are on different channels but are able to switch.

The staircases are now an elevator with a key card system. All scientists use their badges to go anywhere B1-B5, guards and medics carry badge that allows movement from B2-B5. The last elevator that leads to the first floor is accessed from the common room of B1.

The medics sleep on B3, in the Medics quarters. <<Pictures Will Be Posted>>

Testing in the field otherwise known as fights can and will occur semi regularly supposedly "In the name of science". Scientists put experiments against experiments and at the end of the fight send you both to medical where you are surrounded by scientists, after a short emergency repair they turf you back to the cells. Where you will not be tested for a length of time, but will have to serve yourself injections from medics.

Finally, I am opening up another cell block, number 3, it is minimum security and does not have cameras fitted in each cell. The glass has been in use for a while and has not been updated as regularly making it a bit more fragile from wear and tear. As population increases I may start to shuffle you all around so you earn maximum security. For now you all keep you places.

Thank you for reading.

User Image
[ Iris ]
Experiment Number: 0054-2

" I never thought I was normal...
...never tried to be normal. "

Iris walked aimlessly down the halls, taking in what was around her, the room numbers, the length of each hallway. She preferred to be familiar with the layout of the Facility it would help keep her comfortable she thought. However, something continued to tug at her mind, she knew that it was important, cause it had to be before everything else. Iris turned right continuing down the hall she passed a room labeled "Medical Offices". Iris stopped, then looked back at the sign. "Medical office... Medical office... oops.... She opened the door and walked inside.

There were people doing their jobs and staying busy, it was a common occurrence here in the offices. Iris had to spend a good deal of her time here in the last facility. She walked up to the front desk and smiled at the doctor. Setting her coffee down on the desk she smiled, . "Hi! I'm Iris... err Experiment 0054-2. I'm here to get my walkie talkie and stuff." in all honesty Iris was excited to be getting this piece of equipment, Mr. Yi said that it'd help keep her safe when violence wasn't required. The doctor smiled kindly, handing her a bright pink walkie talkie, a channel number "1", and six syringes to draw her blood. She knew that she would have to so in went the needle and she drew back the plunger. Pulling the now filled syringe from her arm she pressed the button on her walkie talkie. "Hello? I'm Iris. What's your name?" She waited quietly for a response,

"Does it matter?" Came back at her through the walkie talkie. The voice was harsh, the angry type. She didn't appreciate it but it was her newest charge. "I guess not..." She said in reply. "That's what I thought."

The woman doctor behind the desk walked up to Iris, "You're only needed for your blood, it will be taken as the experiments demand changes. I am going to need you to fill a few more syringes."

Iris nodded, she filled four more syringes and handed them to the woman. The woman took them, thanked her and then wandered away forgetting about the sixth one. Iris was once again alone, she pocketed the extra syringe. Iris decided that she would continue the walk, now that her duty was done. She grabbed her coffee, took a sip, and turned around leaving out the door into the hallways. She turned right and continued walking, breathing in the scent of the coffee she held under her nose. In search of a friend that she could perhaps make somewhere.

Bunny

User ImageUser Image
Throw it all away
Let's lose ourselves
'Cause there's no one left for us to blame

✖__✖--✖__✖--✖__✖--✖__✖

The distant sound of footsteps raised goosebumps on Gabriel's arms. There was no way he was going to be able to catch anymore sleep. His patients was running low and he was really annoyed at the moment. He tried sitting still though just to make his back not complain. They heavy door into cell 7 made him stiffen, but he relaxed. He pushed the blanket back and sat up knowing exactly what was going to happen. Soon a chair was placed in front of the cell door and Dr. Hadley sat down.

"Hey there. How are you feeling?"

Gabriel let time slide for while not really want to reply. He stared heavily at the man for quite sometime before he dropped his head and tranced and invisible line on his pants. Eventually he stood up but only to picked his shirt up and pulled it awkwardly back over his body, back facing the man. "Like s**t." was his first response. He then placed a hand on his hip and the other ran through his hair. Back still facing the man he added. "What happened to my first bed? You know the one with the spikes already carved out? It's really hard not being able to sit down or to sleep on your back with these things getting in your way of everything." He sat down again, this time on the floor a few inches away from the door. His hands flexed and relaxed a few times again before his head tilted to the side.

There was so much he could talk about, but this doctor was not a shrink, more like a creator of him. He couldn't stand the thought of them knowing all of his secrets, but something tickled in the back of his head that they already did. There really wasn't much to say to him, the only difference in things were loss of sleep and not really having an appetite, but he wasn't going to mention that. Anything brought up could lead to one test which could leave to several more. There was another sigh that escaped his lips and for once he tried to fall onto his back only to wince and roll to his left in pain with a small "Shiiiiii....ahhh" That came afterwards. His back tingled and went numb for half a second before the pain was less and spread evenly throughout his back. "That was a horrible idea, Gabriel." He said between painful laughs as one hand massages his lower back.

Out Of Clever Sayings:
                                ✖__✖--✖__✖--✖__✖--✖__✖
                                It's a shame we're all dying
                                And do you think you deserve your freedom

Friendly Friend

User Image
-|Dr. Jared Hadley|-
The Psychoanalyst

”When thoughts are mixed up...

... and thoughts are lacking sense...

... ask yourself how did I get here...

Dr. Hadley frowned, it seemed Gabriel had never forgotten about that bed. It was unfortunate but there were very few ways to get him that bed, one way really. He sighed, "Gabriel, I know a way you can get your bed, but it won't be fun at all." Jared didn't want to tell this kid how he could do it but it seemed like it would really help this kid and his mental state. He took a deep breath of the air. Letting it out slowly Hadley was preparing himself to say it, as this could end in a great deal of pain. He looked around, the room was still empty without guards, "If you want to get what's good for your back you'll have to lose, badly, you'll be due for a bit of surgery as well but after that is done you can be switched to a minimum security cell. Then you can request something and I can try to get it to your cell there. If it is "useful for the well being of subject enhancements"". Dr. Hadley looked at the boy, there was no way to tell how he would take it until it happened. He watched...

... and you may find yourself in a dream.”

Bunny

User Image
User Image
all my friends tell me I should move on, i'm lying in the ocean, singing your song
User Image

A smirk spread across her face and a few silent snickers were said, but it was all just a blur that she didn't really pay attention to the only thing that really brought her back to the world is when Dr. Hadley had changed his direction in talking to her. A little shocked as he walk away leaving her alone. A large huff blew from her nose before she took a heavy glare at Damien. She wasn't really mad at him, mostly at Hadley for calling her by her number and not her name, though for some strange reason most did call her by her number and not her name. There were a few around the facility that actually called her, Lilith, but maybe it was in fear of what the real Lilith is.

She snickered and took her leave nodding her head to Aoki with a "Dr. Hikaru," large pause, "Damien." that slipped passed her lips. She followed Dr. Hadley but turned in the opposite direction. She would mill around for a while maybe but eventually she made up her mind to head back to the bedroom and shove the next guard awake before she would hit the sack. She was up later than she was normally taking a shift a little over twenty-four hours. Speeding her pace up she made her ways through the halls only to almost head collided with a girl. She was about to shout at her but then noticed she had never seen her before. There were always new people every day it was almost like never seeing the same person for at least a month before you run into them again and go...Oh yeah there's this person too.

User Image
everytime i close my eyes it's like a dark paradise

Bunny

User ImageUser Image
Throw it all away
Let's lose ourselves

✖__✖--✖__✖--✖__✖--✖__✖

Hadley's facial expression quickly changed after Gabriel was finished his complant. He sat up slowly wincing a little, rubbing his back with both hands. He was about to ask but Hadley went on knowing Gabriel would ask anyway. The man took his time almost like he was trying to calm his mind, like he was the one behind the glass and not Gabriel. The explanation came slow but as every nanosecond passed Gabriel tensed a little more. He couldn't go through surgery again. He barely was used to his spine again. What would it be? Brain replacement? Artificial arm? Maybe this time he would be getting a metal heart. He gritted his teeth. Eyes digging into the scientist trying to see if he was telling the truth, the thought of a less restricted cell though sounded great. They probably all looked the same but if he was moved then he would probably get a few more things. Maybe a book or two would finally fall into his arms. Or music would finally ring in his ears again.

The deep ringing of silence filled the room for half a second before it died down to complete silence. His mouth hung a gap in in total shock. Surprisingly he shot up standing straight, and then began to pace back and forth in front of the scientist. Fear boiled in the pit of his stomach, goosebumps dancing across his skin but finally he was able to calm his mind for half a second and asked.

"What would happen in this surgery?"

Who knows what could happen in this surgery. He could die. There was a huge chance when he was put under for the spine. That was a long surgery and a longer time to recover. It took him two weeks to remember that he could walk, but that didn't happen until a full mouth later. It was wheelchair and bed, wheelchair and bed. He felt like s**t and the whole room smelled horrible. The only time his memory didn't serve him right was when they were transporting him to this cell. The location of the recovery room is very unknown to Gabriel, but what danced in his head was they still had his bed, which meant they were planning on more surgeries in the future anyway. His nose flared, hands running his back before he whipped the sweat away on his shirt.

Out Of Clever Sayings:
                                ✖__✖--✖__✖--✖__✖--✖__✖
User Image
[ Iris ]

Iris walked down the hall her new walkie talkie attached to her hip, it made her feel important, like a real businesswoman down here in the facility. Taking a sip of her coffee she admired the small differences between the facilities. This facility had larger windows into rooms, so Iris would look through them in an attempt to see what was going on as she walked. There was no reason to be focused too much ahead. Iris was sure she'd be fine, most people would dodge her, at least they did back in the other facility, she doubted anyone would play chicken with her anyway. She walked steadily without a care on her mind. Then something stopped, a woman, right in front of her.

Iris stopped mid step to look at this woman, she was taller and stood out among the scientists. I bet she's a guard, she seems like a nice person too, so it's like she and I are supposed to be friends, guards were the good guys around here that's what the facility told them. Looking at who had stopped in her way Iris lowered her coffee, as the woman opened her mouth to say something Iris smiled brightly at the woman intending to say her words before the woman could even speak. "Hi! I'm Iris, I just got here today, this place is like REALLY big." Iris opened her eyes wide to add the emphasis to how massive it was. "I like it." Iris laughed sweetly and held out her hand for the woman so that they could shake hands. "It's nice to meet you." Iris smiled as nicely as she could in an attempt to worm her way into getting this woman's name. It was really nice just to meet someone new and she had already taken the first step by saying her name. Iris had a great feeling about this place, she knew that there'd be friends everywhere if she looked hard enough which she always did.

Bunny

User Image
User Image
all my friends tell me I should move on, i'm lying in the ocean, singing your song
User Image

Out of all the people had to run into at this place it just has to be some cheery chirping happy person. Her eyes grew for half a second totally shocked that the kept on rambling. Her first official thought about this woman was she was even worse then any experiment she had met. She was about to blow the girl off, but guilt would slowly build up over time. So she slowly took a hold of the girls hand to let her shake for a few before pulling back and taking a long sip of her water. "Um Lilith...exactly where did you come from?" She was not informed by someone knew coming in and by the sounds of it this girl had seen the outside world. A little jealous yes, but the question of where she came from was a little more puzzling.

The question of what sector was she apart of was quickly answered by the walkie talkie that sat on her hip. She had heard of the new sector "The Medic's" though she called them "The Clones" when she was alone. They were only called upon for a chemical that is required by an experiment. They were almost like they were drug dealers in such an uptight and organized facility. She rubbed her head in confusion of who exactly was her experiment. She had a walkie, which meant she had an experiment on the other line right? Or was she not given one and the walkie was just to talk to the other Medics until her experiment comes along. That second question couldn't jump around her head for too long so she asked.

"Who's your experiment?" Her finger pointing to the walkie. For some strange reason she could see herself in the near future getting along with this girl. Maybe polar opposites were meant to stick together. Or maybe with Iris, is that her name, (she almost wanted to call her Irish, "Wonder if she is....") would talk for the two of them so Lilith didn't have to preach her opinion again until it was requested.

User Image

Friendly Friend

User Image
-|Dr. Jared Hadley|-
The Psychoanalyst

”When thoughts are mixed up...

... and thoughts are lacking sense...

... ask yourself how did I get here...

Dr. Hadley continued with what he had to say. Now he would have to get into a few dirtier subjects. He would not be happy because what Hadley would be asking of him was a lot of pain. "I developed a chemical, that when introduced to animal experiments causes them to go into a rage, I call it berserker syrum and I created it a matter of weeks ago and it is in its testing stage and I need subjects to put up against a berserker." Taking a deep breath he relaxed himself again, this was nerve wrocking just to offer to an experiment. This would most likely end in a refusal and then it'd be over. He looked directly into the kids eyes, "I'll need you to risk your life, get punnished by one of my berserkers. Broken bones, lacerations, and even more importantly you will have to break your sword. All while fighting another experiment." It probably sounded insane, what Dr. Hadley asked for was beyond that it was outlandish and this boy might actually be willing to do this with great risk. Of course, he would do his best to keep him alive throughout the fight while still allowing him to break what was needed. "Once you lose you will be taken directly up to the medical floor, you will be put through a repair process and then you will be given a dose of our newest health chemical. you will heal in about a week give or take how lucky you are. No testing, just quiet relaxation while you heal, you may even be able to get a few extra perks if were lucky. I can try for those, but you'll have your bed." It was dispicable how some experiments were treated, especially the ones in maximum security, but they all had a reason for being there, they were killers, more than likely strong enough to break out, the facility required that they be broken, that they fight untill they cant anymore. But there were perks hidden in conformity.

... and you may find yourself in a dream.”
User Image
[ Iris ]

Iris smiled at the mention of Lilith's name, it was pretty, reminded her of lilies. Taking a sip of her coffee she listened as the woman spoke, she was in no rush, listening was what Iris did best. "I'm from facility seventeen, I was sent here because of an "immediate need of my abilities"." Iris used her free hand that wasn't holding the coffee to place what she was saying in visual quotations as those were not her words but the doctors from the last facility. "And I do have an experiment, but he's not too fond of talking to me, not yet at least." Iris stared at her feet, she didn't like the idea of her experiment not liking her, especially since they would be stuck with each other for quite a while since she was just transferred. She missed the simplicity of Sig, her old experiment, he was always appreciative of her, she hated that she had to leave her friends. "...So I don't really know his name yet or anything but I'm still here if he needs me... 'Cause that's what I do!" Iris quickly retrieved her good mood and smiled as warmly as she remembered the sun.

THE SUN! "Oh my gosh! I got to feel the sun! TWICE for like fifteen seconds each time when I was outside! I mean, I wasn't really counting or anything but it was enough to be like the most awesome thing in my book!" Iris felt that it was worth boasting about because she loved it and wished she could have stayed in it. Too bad that wasn't a possibility, maybe during her next move to a new facility? If that ever came as an option she'd be sure to take it, outside was awesome! To think that other people found that worth fighting for. it made sense now and she felt bad that the people who tried to break out failed. She smiled wide when her mind drifted back into the experience, "I even got to breathe fresh air! And let me tell you, it was just as good as I imagined it'd be." Iris smiled and then looked at the ground where Lilith's cat stood beside her legs. Iris crouched down to meet the cat. Slowly she let her hand approach and allowed the cat to inspect her. Iris began petting the cat, it's soft fur felt wonderful, she hadn't seen a cat in the longest time and it seemed friendly enough to her. Iris smiled as she continued to run her hand down the spine of the cat.
User Image
Alexander "Deamster" Millard

"They'll do anything to bring you down...

...but...

...that's how you get back up."

-----------------------------------------------------

Deamster awoke from his meditative state, feeling hyper-impowered. His trip through his mind this time was excessivly long, and clearifying for him. He took the time to notice his physical form, his left eye scrunched, his left hand shaking, and his left leg twitching. He knew this was the power coursing through his body, the numbness in his right side signified the normallity of it, to him at least. He needed his chemical enhancers, the only form of energy they allowed him to have was glucose in the form of food, if he could get his vitamins and neuro-enhancers he could once again over power the thought process of another being, though he knew they probably didn't stock up on those in this facility.

Deamster needed to live once again. They took his life from him..

-----------------------------------------------------

Bunny

User Image
User Image
User Image

Any eyebrow was slowly raising even second she kept talking. There was no way of shut her up without being rude was there? She had never heard of the place she came from and the thought of her "immediate need of her abilities" made Lilith want to know for who and with what? Her first thought was actually totally hilarious that she had to cover her mouth making it look like she was coughing instead. Her chirpiness would stop anyone in their tracks if they weren't ready for it. Though if that didn't stop them then all she had to do was talk and talk and talk and the person would have to stop to tell her to be quiet.

Almost immediately when the topic changed, Lilith's eyebrows furrowed. Her hands slipped neatly across her chest and when she got her first chance she took a deep breath in and was quickly cut off again. When Iris seemed like she was done Lilith voice was monotone and very dark. "Don't ever mention those words again to me. Nothing of the topic, nothing." She turned quickly on her heels heading towards her small single room that gave her the breath of light that would recharge her. All her anger was blow away just by the though of the cool breeze that would dance in her hair. Sunlight touching her skin, darkening to a nice golden tan. She would dip her feet into cool creeks and breath in the air of her relatives.

Envy danced on her face as she stormed off. The cat trying to catch up because it hesitated for half a second shocked that her own was running off but it was getting great treatment from a stranger. It was like Iris knew exactly where to strick her in the nerves. She should've said something to make her shut up so she could get away, but no Lilith just had to let her talk.

User Image

Bunny

User ImageUser Image
Throw it all away
Let's lose ourselves

✖__✖--✖__✖--✖__✖--✖__✖

This guy wasn't playing with him. He was serious and completely down to business. Gabriel almost stared had to laugh. He thought the guy was just trying to see how he would react to a situation like that but he continued on, completely down to business.

For a moment he though he was going to say he was going to try it out on some like him. To see if a chemical made for an Animal could affect a Super Soldier, but he was telling Gabriel that it was in the testing stage. Already injected into the Animals and ready for a fight. Gabriel's spine prickled longing for the fight that he hadn't been given in over a few weeks. Just a few stabilization test and health and that was it. His eyes linger on the mans face until his eyes caught his. The first thought that raced through his head when Dr. Hadley continued was "He's giving me a choice?" It was somewhat shocking but there were always choices to be made in a facility like this. Even if it wasn't up to the experiment there would at least be one or two. His lower lip began to get lost into his teeth as his nerves took over. The wounds and broken bones didn't sound horrible at all considering he had gotten used to the fact that most of the time he would come out of a battle test with some sort of wound or broken bone but the sword....He usually got in trouble when his sword broke. It cost money to get the metal his spine was made out of so that always made them complain (or at least thats what he heard once when he was going under for repairs).

"What do you mean break my sword?" Like Dr. Hadley knew that whomever he was going to have to fight would break it no matter the metal? Or that Hadley didn't want him to have any sort of weapon on him? His nose flared from annoyance. This guy was totally assuming that Gabriel would lose. Not a chance against whatever creature this man had created. At that moment there was a pulse of annoyance and jealousy. He wanted to prove to this guy that he could beat this creature he had created. Beat it until it's dead. His eyes narrowed, hands folding into tight fists.

"When do we start?"

Out Of Clever Sayings:
                                ✖__✖--✖__✖--✖__✖--✖__✖
User Image
:: Seer ::
Experiment: 0080-2

" I woke up this morning..

..but I could barely keep awake..
..and then I lost myself to the dream. "

Seer carelessly wandered the busy halls of Facility 38's medical ward. The girl however saw this place differently than most, to her this was the place dreams were made of. Or rather where her dreams came from. Seer was a master at walking these hallways, never hitting walls, or people despite her eyes which she rarely opened. The girl moved at a slow pace being sure to not miss a step to wherever she was wandering. Her deep purple walkie talkie swung on her hips as she walked. On her face the medic wore a thin, contented smile, she slept peacefully even while in motion. Seer stopped fluidly to the presence of something unique inside her mind, turning her body to the right, she pressed a button and was greeted by a familiar ding! that allowed her to proceed.

Seer took a few steps into the elevator and turned around so that she could face out the door, while a few doctors hustled in on their ways to the fourth basement which was used for testing or perhaps the lowest basement to pick up a subject, she couldn't tell. A feeling suddenly hit her as she and her fellow riders were lowered steadily towards the next floor. Seer reached for the buttons being sure to hit the lowest button she could in case they were to be stopping on the fourth basement. The elevator stopped allowing the scientists to exit to the testing floor. Again the doors closed and a dropping feeling was in her stomach as the elevator lowered to the cell blocks. It was anyone's guess as to why she was down there but then again Seer moved without any sort of rhyme or reason and was usually found without an explanation. All that was required of her was that she be ready in a moments notice to supply her charge with the sedative. Seer miraculously had always arrived on time, making the doctors wonder exactly how she managed it.

Seer moved slowly down the halls, her head moving back and forth as if it were looking at great sights and wonders inside the facility. However, her mind was what held all the secrets that she stared at. She turned down the hall at the furthest point of the floor, cell block seven. She did not slow down at all, she just continued steadily towards her goal a feeling deep inside her mind that called out, she in turn went looking. As the door entered she felt the presence of a few people, the feeling was familiar, Dr. Hadley. But the remainder were unknown to her, her head slowly pivoted from the first experiment to the next, and then to the next. Her head however froze on a single experiment to whom she walked up to, his presence was strong, almost as if he were closer than possible, she could feel him in her mind. Seer smiled wide as she placed a hand on the glass which prevented her entry. "Who... are you?" Her voice was soft and nearly inaudible yet she was still able to be heard. Why she had chosen today was beyond rationalization but who she chose was another telepath, someone she could connect to.

User Image
[ Iris ]

"I getcha! No more talk about the sun. None, zero, zilch, nada." Iris smiled to herself and the cat as she looked up only to see that the woman was now gone. "Where'd you go Lilith?" She turned to see her walking away in the direction Iris had come from. Iris turned around so that she could continue to pet the cat but it too had left, following it's owner. Iris continued to smile despite the cat walking away, the cat was too cute NOT to follow! So she kept her eyes on it as it tried catching up with it's master. The cat wasn't a fast walker and so Iris was able to keep up very easily. Iris then picked up the cat and started petting it while attempting to close the distance between her and Lilith. The cat seemed content to relax in Iris' arms and did not struggle so in return it received more petting, a good reward for good behavior. Lilith walked fast but Iris was inspired to keep up with her hoping still that they could be friends now that she wouldn't talk about outside stuff.

Once Iris managed to catch up with the woman she followed quietly in her shadow. Hoping that time and patience would allow her the information she desired. However, in reality there are two constants, gravity and the fact that Iris has very little patience. "So Lilith, where are we going? I bet it's pretty important cause you just decided to start walking in this direction completely forgetting me back there." Iris hoped that Lilith would respond but it seemed like she didn't have a thing to say so Iris kept doing what she did best. "You know, I passed by this hallway first when I got off the elevator. You're really quiet, has anyone ever told you that? Cause it's true, yep, yep." Iris smiled showing off her teeth, she was in a great mood and in her book there was nothing wrong with being quiet. Quiet people could be really nice and most wouldn't even know. Iris knew but that was beside the fact.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff