+1 1 100.0% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 20 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

7,100 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

------------------Mood - Drunk || Location - || Speaking To - Rellim
------------Outfit - side image || Music - top image || powers - Phoenix Physiology

All this up and down, was giving his mind a work around alright. He found him self sitting up straight, back pressed into the cold wall of some building again. Listening to the male before him speak. His head tilting to the side at the sound of his voice. " Heh' nice voice.. " Now see that was a bit random, Sylar normally wouldn't say that. Though he did hear the male loud and clear, mainly holding onto warm bed. Pushing up, Sylar took a few steps latching right back onto the male. " I can't freeze. " Sylar whispered with a soft chuckle. He probably could once dead, or if he was up against some freak with weird ice powers. But normally his skin was too hot for the weather. " I still don't understand.... " His voice stayed low, eyes plastered to the stone side walk.

One thing he just wouldn't be able to get was this, this compassion for helping. Sure it might of worked in Rellim's favor some what, still it was helping. He couldn't get his mind around such a idiotic and down right stupid thing. His grip tightened, having such thoughts annoyed him. Money was power, sex was something you get use, but this dealt with knowing and curiosity. " Lets just keep going, I feel like sitting or laying down before the world blows up in my head. " He wanted answers yet knew these questions couldn't be answered. Maybe he was just lacking a heart? Living for so long you tend to what...? Dry up?

Leaning his head back to the side, he let off a weird smile. In this case his smiles would be weird, since it normally turned out to be a smirk or cocky grin. Sniffing lightly he wrinkled his nose. " You smell good. " He didn't know if he was imagining that or not. In the morning hr probably wouldn't even remember any of this. Now that smell was a bit alluring, and in that he leaned in a bit more letting his lips brush along Rellim's skin. Kissing him gently-

User Image
Rellim La'Fey

User Image

With a lot of effort he lead Sylar to the bar. It took everything to not stop and do what it is he was really wanting to do. "We are about to be there. There is an office in the back where we can sit and talk." The kiss on his skin was very intoxicating, but he knew just a little longer and he could have at it. "I may be able to chill you..."

They had gotten to the doors and Rellim held the door open so they could get inside. "Just a few more feet and we will get you all nice and relaxed. The world is saved." He chuckled at the statement, but kept on walking. The people in the bar payed them no attention, it wasn't the first time Rellim had come in with some guy all over him. It had only been three months and still it seemed that he had gotten himself a little reputation in the bar. The workers came and took hold of Sylar. "Take him to the back, I'll be right behind you."

Just as he had said he was right behind them. A pitcher of some beer and he had a girl coming with shots for later. The door had just been opened and he had just sat down next to Sylar making him comfortable. His hands stopped on Sylar's chest when he realized they weren't alone. He looked over at his desk and sitting there was H4VOC, something in the way he just sat there told Rellim things weren't going to be easy. "H4VOC, since when do you just show up in my office without any kind of warning. This is not your establishment and you don't get whatever you want here. What do you want?" Rellim had hung up his shirt and stood in front of H4VOC with his hands on his hips, just like he had when he had run into the assassin.

Hallowed Zealot

User Image
" In my past, bittersweet,
There's no love between the sheets,
Taste the blood, broken dreams,
Lonely times indeed,
With eyes cast down,
Fixed upon the ground,
Eyes cast down
I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun...!
"

Rellim was the type to be quite punctual. It was quite strange for the gangster to be this late to his own establishment. Seconds passed into minutes, minutes became an hour. Throughout this time, he remained silent. Every chance, his mind shifted back to Josh. His smiles... his laughter... his words... his touch... often, the villain would bolt upright, cradling his head. Common sense told him that this was a terrible time to have a final confrontation with Rellim. But, his stubbornness told him otherwise. Jacques wanted this nightmare to end. The good ole Catholic boy wanted to return him with his brother in hand. After a while, H4V0C explored the contents of the gangster's desk and found an unopened bottle of scotch. Pulling up his mask to expose his mouth, Jacques made his second bad choice: he began to drink. Two shots later, he could hear the gangster; he was making his way down the hallway. But... what was the second voice? The villain's question was answered when a couple of Rellim's men came in and dropped off someone: another male. Now, H4V0C hadn't seen this guy's face around. And, the way he was stooped over in the chair showed how drunk he was. A chuckle passed from his lips, rubbing the mask where his eyes would be. Then, Rellim appeared with a pitcher and heated cheeks. So, that explains a lot. It didn't surprise H4V0C to learn that the gangster played the scene: he expected it the way he messed with him. The gangster was starting to mess with the drunk when he FINALLY realized who else was here. The body language changed quite drastically when he scolded the villain... well, to a buzzed villain, it sounded like scolding. No words passed from the villain as he watched the gangster strip his shirt off. Typical... this was just typical. H4V0C remained in the seat, taking another swig of scotch.

"Didn't stop me from doing that the last time too. Remember that, Sweetcheeks?"

The zany air that H40C was known to have was now nonexistent; he came off as a cornered feral animal, ready to strike. The villain began to examine the bottle before taking another swig. He was starting to stink of alcohol. At least the liquor was keeping him from breaking down again.

"All this time I've been doing your dirty work, Rellim... these past months of me taking down your enemies... and you ******** me... don't I deserve to get what I want...? DO I DESERVE A REWARD FOR BEING YOUR LITTLE b***h, RELLIM?!"

That's when the villain chucked the bottle at the wall, causing the bottle to smash into bits. The strong scent of the liquor consumed the room. Such laughter left his lips, palming his masked head. Slowly, he stood from the desk, kicking the chair behind him.

"I know there's a S.U.F. match going on tonight. Just tell me where it's being held, and I'll leave you lovebirds alone."

Quote:
OoC
User Image
Rellim La'Fey

The explosion of anger and pure rage was a little frightning, but Rellim knew that he would be able to get out if it got too bad. He stood there not flinching, not giving H4VOC any advantage of fear. With a simple shrug he glanced to the assassin, didn't seem like he was going to be much help and that was okay with him. "I didn't say anything about not getting what you want, just that your way doesn't come to you here. I allow it, me not you. I am more than happy to give you what you want."

He walked around his desk and calmly pulled his chair away from the wall and had someone come in to clean up the mess. Once the room was back to normal he sat on his desk and faced H4VOC. "You want a reward for doing what I've asked then name it. That fight will be starting shortly and can't be interrupted. One of my best fighters is going to one of his last fights here, can't have that ruined." It was true, but the way he said it could be taken the wrong way. He realized that and put a hand on H4VOC's shoulder. "Listen, I will take you to the next fight. Maybe after you see how it is you'll actually want to join in and fight as well. This one guy Jean is amazing in the ring and I'm sure he wouldn't have an issue with giving you any pointers you may need." He was very hopeful that this talk would help calm him down so the building wouldn't explode.

He would glance every once in a while over at the drunk sitting by the corner, but he wouldn't linger because he didn't want anyone to get hurt in his office. The paperwork and money needed to solve that would be immense. After a minute he realized that H4VOC had been drinking, and to make it worse he was drinking Rellim's special bottle of scotch. If things didn't cool down he was afraid a few things may be damaged. If he could talk H4VOC down enough then Rellim could get him to leave and still have the building in tact. He was very hopeful, and since he couldn't see the face of H4VOC all he could do was hope.

Hallowed Zealot

User Image
" In my past, bittersweet,
There's no love between the sheets,
Taste the blood, broken dreams,
Lonely times indeed,
With eyes cast down,
Fixed upon the ground,
Eyes cast down
I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun...!
"

All of Rellim's words came as white noise to H4V0C. It was nothing but filler to keep the villain at bay. The gangster had the room cleaned, free of the bottle he chucked at the wall. Soon, he took a seat right on top of the desk. More white noise babbled out of him, telling him that there was no way for him to tell the villain of tonight's festivities. This... this lit the fuse of his upcoming break down. Balling his gloved hand into a fist, he did the best he can to hold back... keep putting up a front instead of blowing up. When he placed a hand on the villain's shoulder, it caused him to shudder.

Once again, Josh clouded his thoughts. Jacques could remember the times he comforted him... all the times that he touched his shoulder... back... all over... the gangster's touch was nothing like his. H4V0C's other gloved hand slid over Rellim's, ready to push it off when the whole world froze. What came out of his mouth... what name he uttered. Thanks to the mask, the expression of shock was hidden. Then... it manifested to anger... then.... For the first time... such a cold, heartless laugh passed from his lips. The grip on Rellim's hand tightened, causing the gangster discomfort. Without another thought, H4V0C forced the gangster's hand under his shirt, running towards his back.

"Remember all those times we fooled around...? And, I never let you take off my mask or... let you touch my back...?"

He made Rellim run his fingers down the middle of his back, passing over the metal plugs that occupied his skin.

"The man that I'm looking for has these... has my face..."

More of his cold laughter escaped, jerking the gangster's hand out of his shirt and letting go. Slowly, he turned away, the laugh continuing on. And... just like that, he blew up. The villain jerked around his body quite fast, sending one hell of a punch at the gangster. Instead of hitting him, he dropped the left hook and slammed it into his desk, making a hole... in solid oak!! H4V0C couldn't stop making that disturbing chuckle as he palmed his head. Tears was starting to bleed through the mask.

"Now... tell me where the ******** Johnny is... or... better yet, tell me where Jean Rousseau is right now... he's at the S.U.F., right?"

That's when the villain stepped away from the desk and turned around. Using his built up energy, he sent it all into his kick. The desk was literally sliced in two! Turning back to Rellim, he pulled his mask down his face, covering up his lips.

"Or... I can start breaking stuff here? As you can plainly tell, I'm a little temperamental right now."

Quote:
OoC
User Image
Rellim La'Fey

He had time to ghost through the desk exploding. It was going to cost a lot to get him calmed down. For some reason the guy had exploded. He wanted to know where Jean or Johnny was, that was not possible. Not right now anyways. He quickly moved the assassin into his bed at home and returned seconds later to his office. "You want me to take a madman serious?! Then let's go somewhere to talk where I can hear you better. Don't expect information on the top secret stuff when you wear a ******** mask!"

Without thinking he grabbed onto H4VOC's arm and walked into the void. To most it is terrifying because it is so empty and extremely distorted. Once there you don't have all day before you start feeling a drain of all your humanity. Supers were probably able to last longer in the void because they had powers that the void would drain before it could attack the actual person. Even Rellim had to be careful, he could last an entire day but it would drain him for days afterwards. He grinned at H4VOC.

"Welcome to my world. This is where I take those that put me or my family in danger. Don't believe me, you can ask the drunk...if you survive. I'm sure you can feel it now, the slight drain that's happening..." He had to assume it was happening, he had no clue if it had started yet or not. He stood and waited to see if H4VOC would freak even more in this place that's so obviously not supposed to be. "I will give you information when I receive what I want to know. First off what's under the mask, and what's with the plug-things on your back?"

7,100 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

------------------Mood - Drunk || Location - Rellim's Place || Speaking To - Rellim
------------Outfit - side image || Music - top image || powers - Phoenix Physiology

Soon enough Sylar found him self sitting, having no idea when he even entered a building. Or even when he sat down, or - He recalled talking with Rellim on the streets but after that it's like his mind went to a new place and played a new tune. One that wasn't in this reality but in his own head. Eyes looked around, falling onto a big guy in a chair. First thought? He was about to be beaten or some s**t. But soon after Rellim came in, sitting next to him. His hand was placed and toying along Sylar's chest which brought a smirk over his lips. Now if he was sober he would have denied this. It seemed before anything could really get started that big man in the chair wasn't welcomed at the moment, having heard his name he knew exactly who that was. How could one not know? He is a villain after all.

It didn't surprise Sylar that he had connections even with him, it seemed Rellim had lots of connections. Those sparked his interest and possibly even could manipulate and use. You don't just pick up a random guy who tried killing you mother twice off the street while drunk. No Sylar had a feeling rellim must have had a big soft spot or one just for him. After all once you go Sylar you really don't go back. Suddenly yelling and love birds came into his ear, the word disgusted him. And that yelling needed to stop. Hands lifted to his head, eyes closing for a few moments.

He knew if he opened his mouth he would probably be yelling as well, telling the stupid masked pansy to shut up. But what he really got from this was two people about to have a little fight. Or at least one seemed to be looking for something or someone. He gathered a lot of information just from the talking even with his hearing being some what off and his vision blurred. No face touching? Or back? Seemed someone was a bit odd in the sex department. When glass shattered it only echoed in his head causing him to get far passed annoyed. His frame stood up, eyes watching as he brought his foot down on the desk. It was a very interesting power.

Before Sylar could do anything he suddenly felt him self laying back on a very soft bed. Stomach felt strange like--- Quickly standing, his head shot left to right hand holding his mouth the other gripping his stomach. " Bathroom... Bathroom.... " He spoke to him self while moving left and right looking for the door to the bathroom. Luckily he found it in time and found him self on his knees, head in the toilet. " That... He.. GAH ! " Sylar spoke between barf sessions, hands now gripped around the toilet. Teleporting a drunk guy was not smart, one who wasn't use to it that is.

User Image

Salty Member

User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

JxAxCxKxxxSxAxWxYxExR

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
All play and no work makes Jack a mere toy.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

However, Jack is but a rabbit;
And the snakes are out and about.
Will he turn tail and run just like the rabbit that he is?
Or will he go against the grain and fend for his life?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAll work and no play made Jack a man of success and fame.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAll play and no work made Jack better at the game.

User Image
Bedroom, Jack's condo unit
Weather:xxx
Chilly
Time:xxx
Evening
Notes:xxx
BGM
I honestly found this hard to write
considering what might be at risk
if I went into the details. stressed

Nights like this was unusual for Jack. He was used to preoccupation and work. Aside from the life he grew out of, this was the only life he knew; media and entertainment business. No wonder, he got the promotion. He'd taken a step up on the ladder of society. If not because of his career, then, what else does he have to live for? Not unless something, or someone in this matter, will work its charms against fate to change that. It's possible, I mean Jack might be self-centered and work-centered, but he's also open-minded and would usually grab life by the balls - "carpe scrotum," per se. But here's one question though, how does he possibly divide his time and expend it on other stuff?

His alarm went off at 7:15pm, signalling he'd overslept from his 4pm nap. Stretching his sore limbs, Jack grimaced upon feeling the pain on his leg. A pale, blue circle had marred his knee, reminded him that the accident hadn't been a dream. Thank God, I got lucky this time, he thought with an unnerved face. He had also thought about Nathan by then. A few questions had invaded his mind and started to make him feel worried. Is he really a power user? But doesn't his display of his power makes him a target for the villains? Who could have saved him from that oncoming truck? Clearly, the way that the street had caved in was meticulously shaped as if it was really intended to save him. There was no excuse to dismiss the idea that a super might have done the deed. Jack was critical. He speculated and thought so hard it made his head ache as he was watching the news coverage about the incident.

The news anchor on his TV screen was that blonde chick who regularly teased him on the set while he was still working as the teleprompter operator - this was years before he became scriptwriter for the prime time news. The woman flipped her hair and smiled with utter plasticity. Following that, she continued reporting with her head awkwardly tilted to one side and shifted to the other side every next sentences:
                                "As soon as the victims of the accident have been rescued from the disaster, the MCPD had already blocked the roads leading to the affected scene. We have an exclusive interview with one of the affected civilians, in the name of Oscar Waters, the driver who jumped out of the truck just before the street collapsed." A footage played showing the trucker being interviewed and bragging about "it just takes the right amount of timing in times like these." The redneck laughed boisterously as he finished his explanation before being cut off with the screen returning to the station and the annoying blonde news anchor continuing, "The government explains that it was inevitable, since the street was already some decades old. Repairs on the sewer passage and the street will start by next week, says spokesman for the Department of Transportation and Highways, Henry Jones. And more on Metro City News: another interview about the other victim of the incident; "Potato-dieting is Dangerous to Your Health," our resident nutritionist, Hilda Greene explains her new booklet; an insider report about the life of the Mayor; all that after the break." The tv blinks into black before it could display the advertisements, as Jack turned it off with its remote controller. "We'll be showing another interview about the other victim of the incident?" He doesn't have to watch that. Of course the lady on the TV was referring to Jack's manager, who will be blabbering in his place on the interview as expected. Who else will have to cover for him and pose as his spokesperson?
                                Previously, before Jack took his nap, he had a talk with his manager settling on what they should tell the media about the accident and have agreed to say that he was safe and that they won't disclose more information about it in the future. A few moments later, a knock on the door had replaced his concentration.

Jack sighed in relief as the postman revealed himself at the doorstep. For a second, he thought it was the media who wanted more explanations about the mishap, but it was just his new phone being delivered. While undoing the box, he guessed what brand was in it. He hoped it wasn't by Apple or Blackberry or whatever fruit it was made from. He considered iPhones, tacky. I mean, mainstream had taken the best of it, and almost every other person within the corners of Metropolis had one, if not, two... along with that bulky iPad. A good number of social climbers also utilize the brand. Hence, how it imposed "cheapness" to it despite of its skyrocketing price. Fortunately, he got an android smartphone. At this, Jack thanked his manager in his head.
                                Following some small talk with the postman and politely waving him away, he nudged the front door shut on his way back in.

Continuing deeper into the evening, Jack had felt emptiness; emotional and literal, in its sense. Considering he'd just been discouraged from watching television because of that blonde news reporter, and that his appetite for dinner had escaped him; tonight he was left to do nothing and just lay in bed, staring at a blank ceiling.

It was just now that it got to him - realizing what was missing in his life. He was too absorbed on his job that he didn't have time for himself. The coffee breaks weren't viable reason nor enough to be considered as "spending quality time." Moreover, he was lonesome. Jack felt longing. The need for his desires embraced his very nature. And by then, he thought about tan and peach hues. He imagined salty, saucy, creamy feelings. Spicy, hallucinating flavors against his palate; the smell of sweat and love mixed altogether. Then he found himself reaching down; undoing buttons, unzipping, pulling garments, flexing, and letting himself loose among the comforts of his white sheets.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TxHxIxSxxxIxSxxxJxAxCxKxxxSxAxWxYxExRxxxRxExPxOxRxTxIxNxGxxxLxIxVxE

NxOxWx,xxxBxAxCxKxxxTxOxxxTxHxExxxSxTxUxDxIxOxxxFxOxRxxxMxOxRxExxxMxExTxRxOxxxCxIxTxYxxxNxExWxS
ϡ And there it was...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxϡ And there it is...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsϡ And there it shall be....

Nathan "Briar" Dezian

"Sunlight's the one thing that keeps this world going. Keeps me going too, and all things green."

User Image

"What do you mean I still have a delivery to do?"

Nathan was leaning against the corner in the darkness of the flower shop, squinting at the piece of paper that he held within his hands with a look of utter disdain. His hair was all sorts of interesting, suspiciously more disheveled than usual, his posture was absolutely slacking, as noted by him slumped over the counter, and he could have passed out right there and not cared. When he'd woke up that morning, he knew his day would be hectic. Tons of orders to fill, plants to grow, plants to fortify, and things to deliver. What he wasn't prepared for was Stiles rolling up on him in the shower, Jack to barge in his apartment and wreck a lock, nor for several people who were new customers to suddenly show up at all hours of the morning to get flowers. Oh, and if that wasn't enough to start his day? Jack fell through a hole, Nathan had to rescue him from said hole, Jack was a b***h, Nathan didn't care, and all of this was topped off by half of the gathered crowd following him back into the shop to, also, purchase flowers for the first time. He'd made record sales in the shop that day, single handedly, and had never felt as unhappy as he did at that moment. He'd received an order for later pick up, thankfully, from the long red haired man, and couldn't quite remember if Julian placed an order or not before he'd left. The one order sheet that'd escaped him had been James, and it chose to magically appear when he was sure his day had come to an end. Letting it fall, to the counter, he groaned lightly before turning to look at all of the stuff he needed to take upstairs for Stiles.

"....Someone better thank me for all of this later."

A rustle issued from a nearby plant, and Nathan's eyes narrowed as they fell upon it.

"Oh, shut up. Smart remarks from a hydranea's the last thing I need right now....but, yes, you are very pretty in dim light."

---------

Approximately one hour later, Nathan had delivered all of Stiles belongings to his room, leaving them there for him to set them up however he felt necessary. He'd showered, gotten dressed in a hair of loose fitting dark wash jeans and a green shirt that was snug, as all of his t-shirts were, and was sitting uncomfortably in the front seat of a car that he used for deliveries. Jack had ordered an entire shelf of potted white lilies, and there was no way Nathan was going to carry those by walking. Seat belt securely tightened, head lights on, the car cruised down the road at a comfortable pace for him until he encountered a red light, which he stopped at. He was at the corner of Cherry and Malaguena St, where a small park was nestled. He'd spent a lot of time in that park before, making it feel a bit less man made and more natural. Rows of buds could be seen under a streetlight that flickered just slightly. As Nathan's eyes scanned over them, he could tell that they were just in the process of blooming, when the buds started to split. With water from the sprinklers that night and some early sunlight, they'd be half way open by mid morning. Left arm positioned on the window sill, his head rested against a fist. Gentle, a smile crossed his features. A green emanating from in front of him, he sped on towards Jack's apartment. Wouldn't be too far, now.

Nathan loved the spring time. He wasn't sure exactly why this was, though he'd narrowed it down to two reasons. First was that plants loved spring. What plant wasn't excited to be able to bloom and resume its splendor? The second was that it was his preference, as a human. It was often difficult for Nathan to discern which thoughts were purely his, and which thoughts were a healthy combination of his and the surrounding flora. It was known that Nathan's inherited quite a few traits from plants; electricity doing little for him, his vast tolerance to poisons derived from plants, his general stoic nature, and his hate for the general human population and all things urban. Then, there were the things that seemed to contradict; his like of helping people in need, his living in an apartment not some tree, and his liking arcades and spending time with Keith playing video games. Truthfully, there were a lot more things he gained from being so close with Nature. One of those things he wasn't the proudest of. Absolutely out of character for him. And, no, he didn't consider the whole turning-a-building-into-a-botanical-gardens thing apart of that.

Ding, ding, ding ding

Nathan slammed the car door in slight annoyance, the sound too much for him. He'd ended up having to make two trips to Jack's door, and was on his way back inside. In truth, Nathan was happy to see the plants go. He'd been trying, since he'd started working there, to shift his boss away from potting plants traditionally and to let them grow naturally. If people wanted them potted, they could order them that way...it was just a pain to go through Nathan's interrogation. These plants here, he reflected on with an air of sadness, had long since lost their feel of freedom. Not allowing plants to spread their roots choked their feel of life, and their personality. Certainly, this kind of change would be hard noted by anyone who didn't share an affinity with them. To Nathan though, the voice of these lilies was nonexistent. They'd given up and lost their personality, settled into the idea that they'd never leave those pots. They'd become ordinary house plants. "How fitting for him, I suppose.." Green eyes looked down at an address to make sure he was in the right place before a hand came up, and three solid raps followed shortly after.

"It's Nathan."

[Wheeeeee, a post. KNOCK KNOCK WHOSE THERE DAT PLANT MAN. WIT A PACKAGE.]

User Image
User Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah...This guys sounded crazy. Ignoring the tiny voice in the back of his mind stating that if Dante's story was crazy his own was INSANE, Stiles shifted uncomfortably, before Dante pulled his attention entirely on the jealous-colored male. Sean's face slowly fell slack, and he eyed Stiles questioningly. Then that questioning glance molded into something else, but Stiles was too panicked, jealous, and tired to notice.

"Whu-" Giving a laugh, Stiles looked around, before rolling his head back to Dante. "Me?" Pointing to himself, he swallowed, clearing his throat awkwardly. "Wha-No. How could I do that, haha! Waking coma patients, that's just-Hello-" Tugging his cell phone out, battery completely dead, he flipped it open. "Oup - got a text. Gotta go. Ha ha ha ha!" Backing away and avoiding all eye contact with Dante, he raised up a hand. "Don't be too bored out of your mind without me-" "Hey Dante, let's go see the Avengers!" "Well I mean, don't have too much fun without me-" "McDonalds first though." "Or just yeah..." Blinking as Sean ignored Stiles completely and dragged Dante in the direction of Stiles' favorite McciDees, Stiles felt a lump in his throat, before proceeding to swallow and ignore it. "Text me later."

_______________________________________________________________________________

Ten minutes of walking later, the sulking depression having left his system five blocks ago, Stiles unlocked and opened Nathan's shop door harshly, slamming it shut behind him. This was ridiculous! Sean and him had planned to go see the Avengers together when the teaser trailer premiered six MONTHS ago - and he just up and asked Dante. And Stiles had been trying to set up a trip to McDonalds for WEEKS and just-giving a sound of frustration, he stomped upstairs, entered his bedroom, and slammed yet another poor, undeserving door in Nathan's house. God this was so STUPID-tripping over something, his eyes flew open before he smacked the floor.

The hard, fast breathing of irritation shocked straight out of him, he lay on wooden flooring for a minute, inhaled, exhaled...Picking himself up, he twisted around. Nathan had brought stuff up for him. There was a lot of it...Flopping over onto his back to stare towards the ceiling, Stiles sighed. This place was starting to feel more like home then school. The dorms. He'd been living with Sean for three and a half years in the dorms. How could three months change things so much..

Salty Member

User Image

JxAxCxKxxxSxAxWxYxExR

User Image
Jack's condo unit, Metropolis
Weather:xxx
Chilly
Evening
n/a

Well, what do you know? This was an unusual day for Jack alright. First, stumbling into two naked men in a shower; second, the cancelled meeting. Then, came the accident with the street. What could possibly happen next tonight? The apocalypse? Truly, the odds weren't in his favor. Yet again, taking into consideration that this is Metropolis, anything simple can turn out leaving an impact. But fortunately no... Hardly, the following events wouldn't be as disastrous as that - as long as Jack stays in line and keeps calm of course.

He was already on Mt. Everest when a few beats on the front door were heard; followed by a proclamation, "It's Nathan." At this hour? Jack couldn't have thought of anything but praises for Nathan about his promptness, if only he wasn't doing some other things tonight. He was annoyed, digruntled at most. But nevertheless, the flowers had came, waiting at his front door to be accepted. "Hold on a sec!" Jack shouted from his bedroom. He quickly finished off his act and wiped the mess off his torso with a blanket. The reporter grunted annoyingly and quickly rolled out of bed. He picked his shorts, which were lying on the floor, and pulled them on. He fastened the buttons and the zipper too as he barefooted (and topless) on his way out to greet his visitor... err, delivery. One cannot simply deny patience from a businessman.

"Yeah?" Jack asked, peeking through a three-inch gap on the door. Green eyes had met him; and upon lowering his gaze, were some potted white lilies. Just as he ordered. How could he forget? A shelf-lot of them. "Oh, delivery. Please come in," fully opening the wooden entrance, and inviting Nathan in. As he lead their way into the living room, he motioned for the space beside the window, "You know, you could have delivered it the next day if you wanted. I'm kinda busy with..." A lie. Of course he was hinting that he was previously doing something private. But he didn't hope Nathan would guess what it was.
                                "Here let me help," he picked up a pot and placed them on its designated spot. But as he went for another, his hands slipped and caused the second adobe vessel to smash right onto the ground. A scatter of dirt and roots had wasted the polished floor. "Oh my god, I'm..." Before he continued speaking, he stared up at Nathan just to check if he was making that accusing glare, that young man. That look had already petrified him once during the mention of wooden blocks earlier that morning. At this, he got finicky. Getting on his knees, he pulled a magazine from a nearby rack and shoveled the mess into a small pile.
                                All the while he was doing this, the tension in his shorts were too much for his bent position. The buttons gave way to the tight-fitting waistline, consequentially causing his garments to loosen, revealing a small portion of his lower back. If Nathan wasn't that type of guy, he could have taken that opportunity and had already "inserted a coin" there.
                                Upon noticing what had just happened, Jack stopped whatever he was doing; turned back to Nathan, and stood, holding his shorts up. "Well, if you excuse me," abashed, he quickly walked to his bedroom and replaced his shorts with a pair of sweatpants.

As he got back to Nathan, he explained himself briefly, "I... uh... apologize for that... "Wardrobe malfunction." Do you need something? Juice? Coffee? Have you eaten dinner yet?" Deliberately meaning to drive them away from talking about what just happened, Jack clenched his fists beside him; still in embarrassment. But aside from hoping that Nathan would just let that slip, he was also pondering and crossing his fingers "Please do stay a little bit, I-I... I need to ask you something," he thought, remembering the accident.

NxOxWx,xxxBxAxCxKxxxTxOxxxTxHxExxxSxTxUxDxIxOxxxFxOxRxxxMxOxRxExxxMxExTxRxOxxxCxIxTxYxxxNxExWxS
ϡ And there it was...

Nathan "Briar" Dezian

"Sunlight's the one thing that keeps this world going. Keeps me going too, and all things green."

User Image

Jack's voice came to Nathan through what sounded like several closed doors and some walls, and Nathan shifted. Was that a grin present about his features?

All around him, Nathan could feel gentle tugs in his mind from plants that were nearby. Roses that had felt his presence and wished to be set free, or the violet tridrangas that someone downstairs who, apparently, hadn't been educated on how to keep them happy. The plants were being overfed and complained of obesity. Small voices in his mind from whichever way threatened to take over his ability to focus and function just about every day he stepped out of the house. There was no thought of 'controlling' this ability, shutting out the feelings of plants in hope that he could retain only his own thoughts. That would be fighting directly against the gift given to him, and he'd absolutely tried. He could only hope to continue to learn how to separate the flora's thoughts from his own whenever he was awake. Hmph, and people wondered why he could often be so tired. Speaking of tired, he was exactly too much of that at the moment to ignore what he heard around him, and so he did the best that he could; send out a mental relieving caress to each plant he felt with his mind's eye, in an attempt to sooth their thoughts. It worked, as he knew it would, for the most part. Those tridangas, though, they were unrelenting.

A door opening a few inches in front of his face pulled his attention, and he parted his lips to speak as the door was, finally, fully opened. "Your ticket said you wanted them tonight, and so here I am. I don't make my own decisions on when to deliver. I cannot be held responsible, I might add, if people choose to do their personal business at the same time they request a delivery." His statement was to the point, and almost terribly direct. It didn't seem that he was trying to imply anything at all, especially with the latter half. The glint in his eyes that may, or may not, have been there could have spoke otherwise though. Having set the first box down, he retreated quickly in order to grab the second one and bring it back in. The sound that came to his ears following his entrance back into the living room could have happened at his twenty first birthday party. Nathan had had some fun that night. His emerald hues fell upon the broken vase on the wooden floor, soil and roots spread about, no longer bound by their captivity. The sudden change in Jack's behavior, as if he were afraid the sky would come crashing down on them at him dropping the vase, brought the smallest of grins to Nathan's features. A rare sight, indeed, for his face to actually look anything like he was enjoying life. A night for rare sights, apparently, as Nathan couldn't help but notice that Jack had an unfortunate slip of his clothing while bending over to clean up the mess he'd just made. Nathan wasn't rude, and certainly didn't want to stare. Was the man good looking? Absolutely. Could Nathan have made some wrong decisions that night? More than likely. Would he had regretted these decisions the morning after? .....Eh. Maybe! But he was a guy with restraint. A guy who didn't give into those usual mortal coils.

So, then, why was it that he would later scold himself for looking a bit longer than he probably should have?

He took a step back and crossed his arms as Jack excused himself, the grin on his features not subsiding. 'This poor guy. First falling through a hole in the street after almost being destroyed by a truck. And now being caught, clearly, in clothing that he put on in a rush that doesn't even stay on right. Not sure why he's so embarrassed. Could have answered the door nude, for all I could care...speaking of caring, I've yet to hear from Keith all day long. I swear he tries to avoid me more than...than...Stiles probably will now.' Wasn't it spring time? Ah, yes, it surely was. For the second time that evening, Nathan was pulled out of his thoughtful stupor (he did a lot of thinking when tired) as he was asked another question. "Hmm? Uh...I don't really need anything. Don't drink caffeine, and juice has so many non-fruit elements to it, that I don't enjoy what humans have done to it...if you're insistent, though, I'll take a glass of water." He nodded once, satisfied with his choice. Then, arms unfolding and his posture shifting as he took a step forward, his genuine warm smile crossed his features. Tousled brown curls shifted slightly as he motioned, with his head, at the mess on the floor. "..And, don't worry about that. Lilies prefer to be out of a pot, as to spread their roots. These ones, though, have been domesticated. They'll be fine if you put them in something else."

"Thank you for the worry..means a lot."

[Spring time makes Nathan act all sorts of weird. Like checking out guys, for example. And actually being NICE. /gasp]

User Image

Salty Member

User Image

JxAxCxKxxxSxAxWxYxExR

User Image
Weather/Temperature:xxx
Average/regular room temperature
Evening
Short post, but meh...
as long as it keep things going.

"They'll be fine if I put them in something else?" he thought and remembered a box he had carved out of a block of Mahogany. It was darkened with age and the oriental engravings would match the white lilies. And with that, he went back to his bedroom and took it from under his desk; before picking up and donning a gray undershirt along the way. His excitement wasn't the same when he was purchasing those flowers; but he was happy, nonetheless, with the delivery. Despite that accident with the hole, which knocked out pretty much of his confidence for the rest of the day, he was still up to face Nathan.
                                Upon reentering the living room, he put the pile of soil and plant into its new pot.

It felt like Summer... no wait, Spring. Right then and there, Jack was taken aback at how Nathan perked the sides of his mouth into a smile. But before he could utter nonsense, he cocked his head in another direction and proceeded to speak, "Tsk, tsk.. I think I owe you so many apologies already." He walked over to the small kitchen and took two glasses along with a pitcher of ice-cold water from the fridge. "I mean, for everything... since this morning. I guess it's just not my day," he spoke defensively, rolling his eyes at the last sentence. While carefully pouring the liquid into the smaller containers, he eyed the still grinning Nathan, expecting his facial expression to change.
                                The apology took Jack back from the time he saw him and Stiles naked on the bathroom floor, breaking the lock, falling into the sewer, and spitting rudely at Nathan when he was actually being saved; and now, for forgetting that he was supposed to expect a delivery to come by. "Well... this is the least I can offer you," sliding the glass of water on the counter top towards the other guy.

From there, a few questions started to creep into his head, urging him to share them with Nathan. And the first he blurted out was, "Was that your boyfriend?" referring to Stiles who was previously freaked out early in the morning.

ϡ And there it was...

Nathan "Briar" Dezian

User Image

Nothing, and Nathan sincerely meant that nothing in the world tasted better than ice cold water when you were tired, angry, grumpy, or any other kind of negative emotion. Ice cold was nice to drink, but water; there was the ticket! It had such soothing qualities about it, the ability to wash all of your fears, pains, and dramas away. Who didn't like them some water? Nathan sure did. His appreciation for the fresh liquid was clearly apparent as he picked the glass up being slid to him and drank about half of it in one fell swoop, before sitting the glass down and looking at Jack, to answer his question. Again, his expression changed back to the one that Nathan usually wore; a bit dull, with no real emotion about it. The light in his eyes though, and the way he stood with a renewed vigor, denoted that the water had certainly done him some good. "Boyfriend? An odd question, I would think, to ask me considering I'm standing here with no...oh, right. You mean this morning, then?" Nathan nodded a few times, more at himself than at Jack. "Ahh, no, not my 'boyfriend,' though the phrase has never sat well with me. He, his name Stiles, stays with me from time to time when not on campus. He's a bit of a shocking individual, you see, and it doesn't really bother me all that much." Oh look, Nathan had made a funny, and didn't even realize it. The rest of his water followed shortly after his statement, and he allowed his eyes to wander around the kitchen.

Nathan thought that the place looked entirely too urban.

There was something about this...this visiting that he was doing. Maybe it was the small conversation? Or, could it be the fact that he wasn't home? Even better, surely it was the fact that he was communicating with someone other than Keith about something other than flowers or video games. Nah, none of those were it. Nathan felt funny as he stood there because he realized that he was actually kind of enjoying[/i[ this. What wasn't there to enjoy, after all, about talk to a man who seemed as if he were relatively apt to enjoy in some of the simpler things in life. Nathan's attention had not glossed over the box that the lilies had been given as their new home. Nathan recognized it as handmade, and immediately connected the thought back to Jack's initial question of him within the flower shop about wooden pieces. Must have been a hobby of his. "And, truthfully, you don't owe me any kind of apologies. Learning from one's mistake is apology enough. Certainly worth a bit more than that, at any rate. If you're still feeling sore about it, though, we'll tally your breaking into my apartment, wrecking my lock, stumbling upon Stiles and I, and then falling into that whole within the street...yeah, I think that's everything. We'll tally that squarely against you giving this water and your...how did you put it? Your 'wardrobe malfunctioning.' So, no need to worry now. " He gave a motion towards the apartment as a whole, posing a question back.

"So, what about you? A significant other live here? Generally people order flowers for him or her, never for themselves."

[OOC: Nada.]

User Image

Salty Member

User Image

JxAxCxKxxxSxAxWxYxExR

User Image
Weather/Temperature:xxx
Average/regular room temperature
Evening
Short post, but meh...
as long as it keep things going.

And just like clockwork, Nathan resumed his angst. Feeling a bit worried about the other guy's expression, and before he even realized that the previous random question he threw at Nathan was a bit too personal, the answer revealed itself to Jack quite willingly. And no, the reporter didn't have any idea what he was saying about "not being bothered by the shocking individual." Moreover, if Green-eyes hadn't thrown back another set of words, then Jack might have permanently labeled the other guy as aloof. It seems there's more to him than meets the eye. And lo, was that interest and concern that subliminally lined the new question?

"So, what about you? A significant other live here? Generally people order flowers for him or her, never for themselves."

Assumptions after assumptions, getting to know the other guy was hard. But Jack got lost in his mind, and dove into his thoughts in hopes of putting a finger on the matter. Nathan... Nathan actually had a certain kind of air about him despite of his steely gaze. It reminded Jack the feel of the province as far as his childhood memories could remember: Fresh unpolluted air, the sun, the greenery, the farm animals; it was all natural. The freedom, is it just like nature? It's a little too reminiscent of it, if you really thought about it. Thinking deeper, Jack had assumed something else. Is this what they call love? Trying to remember some aspects in his previous life had only proved one thing though, that he was lonesome and that he missed so many things about his past. He needed to hold on something else aside from his career. He needed someone. And now he might choose to hold on to one person. And there was no other candidate but Nathan. For the record, he could embrace him with his attachment to nature. That he could hold on to his past through this one person. However, it was too soon to assume such a thing. So he settled for a different definition of his current feelings; such as "mere attraction." And simply fretted in his mind.

Shaking his head off the crazy thoughts, and raising an eyebrow at the question, he spat glumly, "No, unfortunately I live alone. Is it weird? I mean, alright, it's not safe to live alone in Metropolis, but no. I've been single since..." He intended his sentence to trail off. He almost slipped out one of his biggest secrets. He wasn't ready yet and the world would be too big for that matter. So many risks would have to be taken if he admits his sexuality. It could even cost him his job. "I mean... Yes, I'm single and I live alone. The reason why I bought the flowers was solely for my personal interests," he said smiling back at Nathan.

So he changed the topic and asked again, "Well, actually, there's this other thing I needed to ask you... Are you a power user? Were you the "plant man" who rescued some civilians and thwarted the pyromancer three months ago? Is the telepath still in Metropolis?" The questions shot straight through without pause. If Nathan could have noticed, Jack was pretty determined to squeeze out the answers. But of course the information would fall under personal gain and not work-related. He cared for the heroes. He sympathized every time another dies during their conflicts against villains. Jack only hoped Nathan wouldn't misinterpret this act. "So... If you really were the one who pulled me out of that excavation, then I am really thankful for your help; and I'm sorry if ever my words have offended you in any way. I can be... moody at times," he added, admitting his attitude. He did this while he comforted the back of his neck with his hand before dropping it down to one side. Weird and dangerous... This wasn't the right time to be bashful from that apology; especially when he's left alone with someone and feeling vulnerable. Jack was stupid. Nathan could be a villain.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games