There's no love between the sheets,
Taste the blood, broken dreams,
Lonely times indeed,
With eyes cast down,
Fixed upon the ground,
Eyes cast down
I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun...!
"

Closing his eyes, Jacques gave sleeping another shot. A quiver passed over his chest when warm hands pressed against his chest. Parting his eyes, he saw the brunette scoot closer, making himself comfortable against the villain. His arm wrapped around Josh's head, giving him something to lay on. His hand rested on the others head, twirling his fingers through his hair. A soft smile appeared on Jacques' lips, listening to Josh's words. It wasn't just Josh's hands that brought warmth to his chest: it was his kind soul... his tender words. Then, he fell asleep, cuddling on Jacques. Leaning in, Jacques kissed the other's forehead before settling in. Night soon turned into day as Jacques slept. His dreams were free from the past, allowing him to get his needed rest. The bed shifted a bit, causing Jacques to move in his sleep. Joshua was an early bird, always the first to make the coffee. As Josh moved out of the bedroom, Jacques continued to sleep. After a few minutes, though, his eyes cracked open, stretching his arms and legs out. The past few days had worn him out, moving from the La Rohna to downtown Metropolis and back the Eastside to meet up with Josh. His life got quite busy juggling his relationship and being a villain. But, tonight... he was planning something quite drastic. Their date would be the start of a new future for Jacques and Josh.

Tonight, he was going to turn in the mask.

After all of Joshua's persuasion, Jacques decided to take other alternative steps to "rescue" his brother. Though, his decision was made because of something entirely: his feelings. Jacques wanted to make things between him and Josh work. And... his villainy was getting in the way of it. He's the only person to deter Jacques' stubbornness. Hopefully, Josh would reciprocate his feelings and... well, he shouldn't keep Josh waiting. Unlike the other male, Jacques never slept in the nude. His boxer briefs concealed his goods from the world as he made it out of the bedroom. Jacques soon spotted Josh heading into the bathroom. His gray eyes fell upon the other's backside, watching him strut. Licking his lips, a wicked smile played on his lips. Speeding up his walk, he passed by Josh, giving him a nice smack on his butt.

"You make this too easy," Jacques joked as he made his way into the bathroom.

Pulling his boxers off, Jacques played with the digital interface, causing water to rain from the shower. Josh's bathroom may be bohemian, but it lacked the sleek style of modern design. Stepping in, he felt hot water run down his back. Today was going to be quite an eventful day.

Quote:
OoC Poor Jacques... poor poor him. xD

Shameless Newb

User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

JxAxCxKxxxSxAxWxYxExR

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
All play and no work makes Jack a mere toy.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

However, Jack is but a rabbit;
And the snakes are out and about.
Will he go against the grain and fend for his life?
Or will he ultimately rise up and help end the odds for good?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAll work and no play made Jack a man of success and fame.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAll play and no work made Jack better at the game.

User Image
The florist's, Metropolis
Weather:xxx
Sunny?
Time:xxx
Morning
Notes:xxx
n/a

"I-I... I'm sorry!"

Those were the first words Jack could utter from his mouth. But despite the embarrassing event, he simply turned his head away from the two and pursed his lips hoping to hold back an impending guffaw. Actually, he wasn't new to the naked scene since he's been through a few exclusive acting workshops years before he got in the business. It's as if this was one of those "sexual awakening exercises" - as his personal trainer would describe one of the similar sessions.

"Hey!" he shouted at the young man as his shoulder started to feel cold with water. The younger man managed to clamber out of the mess which ended with him side-sweeping and wetting Jack too; a door banging and another loud thud somewhere. And as the reporter turned back to Nathan, whom he assumed was; he was surprised at how the man acted - he wasn't only naked, but also strutting his guts in front of Jack's face!

Casually, Nathan asked some questions still in the nude, and Jack answered while he turned his face away again to give the young man a little bit of privacy as he dried himself off. Let's face it; although as much as Jack wanted to look, it was unprofessional to stare at a stranger... Much more, a naked one. So he simply replied, "I was supposed to buy some flowers and I was waiting at the shop downstairs when I heard a noise so I assumed someone was in danger and rushed in to help. There's nothing more to that, I promise," answering with all sincerity. And a moment of pause before he continued, "And well, um... sorry about that," Jack pointing, with an open palm, at the now dislodged latch on the door frame. "I could get someone to fix it," he smiled at Nathan without any malice. And another awkward silence ensued...

Staring at the leanness of the young man's physique, Jack shook his head and blushed finally. "W-Will your friend be alright?" concerned at the previously freaked-out kid. "I think he needs to talk it out." And from there, Jack left the bathroom and waited in the living room adoring the plants that went about the place, trying to let go of the previous incident.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TxHxIxSxxxIxSxxxJxAxCxKxxxSxAxWxYxExRxxxRxExPxOxRxTxIxNxGxxxLxIxVxE

NxOxWx,xxxBxAxCxKxxxTxOxxxTxHxExxxSxTxUxDxIxOxxxFxOxRxxxMxOxRxExxxMxExTxRxOxxxCxIxTxYxxxNxExWxS

7,100 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
User Image

User Image
[When you came i n the a i r went out. ]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx And every shadow filled up with d o u b t
xxx[ I don't know who you t h i n k you are]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx But before the n i g h t is t h r o u g h
x[ I wanna do b a d things with you ]

Joshy hated waiting for the male to wake it was so boring, he always thought about wake him up. Maybe in the best way possible with a few kisses, or the worst which would include ice and yells. Smirking he sipped at a small cup of coffee, sighing softly. Eyes wondered around the kitchen examining every bit of detail the place held. Upon finishing up the cup the male stood placing it upside down in the sink, turning on his heel he headed for the bathroom. Walking along rather slowly and having his senses shot from all the thinking he was doing. Someone could rob him right now and he probably wouldn't even notice. Well if he had pants on that is-

Though what did literally snap him out of his dazed walk was a smack to his a** and a nice voice. A smirk played over his lips as eyes fell on Jacques. Joshy couldn't help but chuckle at that. Maybe to Jacques it was easy but put that man in Joshua's place it would be hard oh so hard. And not the good kinda hard. Following after the male Joshua stood in the doorway watching as Jacques toyed with his oh so advanced shower and stripped. He wasn't complaining about his view any time soon. Eyes moved over the male even more so once that body became slick and wet. Licking his lips he followed suit taking that as a pretty inviting invitation.

Stepping in the shower behind Jacques, Joshua moved his hands around firm abs, fingers locking as he pressed his chest up to the males back. His lips hovered over the males tender neck before he bit down. It was a soft bite, his teeth barely nibbling at the skin. One hand stayed at the males bellybutton the other moved up, hovering between nice pecs. The hand that was sliding up the males chest moved out taking a hold of some cloth. " Lets wash you up. " Joshua whispered this into Jacques ear, making sure his lips with each word rubbed against it.

Soaping up the cloth Joshy got to work, starting on the males back. Higher and higher he went, until his arms went around broad shoulders to wash the males chest. Upon washing he made sure what nails he had dug along with the cloth, into nice skin. Following sides, and arms. What was it about a wet and soapy male that was such a turn on? Joshy moved the cloth back against the skin, gripping tighter so the water and soap could flood out and flow down amazing abs. That's when his hand dropped, going lower and lower and--- That was the spot alright. " Luckily we are in the shower. " Joshua couldn't help but chuckle at his own words.

-------------
                                              User Image
                                              Mood - Enjoyable
                                              Location - Shower
                                              Speaking To - Jacques
                                              Loft
                                              Outfit - side image

(OOC--- )
ϡ And there it was...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxϡ And there it is...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsϡ And there it shall be....

Nathan "Briar" Dezian

"Sunlight's the one thing that keeps this world going. Keeps me going too, and all things green."

User Image

As Jack walked away, Nathan chuckled. Stiles, needing to talk it out? Nathan was still unable to see what the big deal was. Nathan flaunting his guts wasn't even flaunting, to him. He'd been to a strip club, with Keith, and judged every single person inside of it. The strippers were all terribly oiled up and looked like they were on several types of drugs. That was flaunting to him. Him drying off in his own bathroom wasn't that, eh? If someone chose to stand there and watch him, especially some complete stranger, it was their fault. Nathan's bare feet stepped out of the bathroom and silently padded across the carpet into his room, where he set about getting dressed and looking decent. "You said you'd come for flowers? Did you call in an order?" His voice rang out clearly, clearly curious without a hint of malice or annoyance despite the situation. Jack's explanation had been a good one, to Nathan. It was time for him to work, after all. 'Actually, maybe I should thank Stiles for coming in on me. I could have stood there for hours under that water...'

Nathan decided that today would be a casual day for him, and that meant no polo with the shop's name on it. He threw on, instead, a light blue t-shirt with a Kirby on it and a pair of plaid shorts that had a myriad of colors in them. Shoes? Nah, there's no sense in that. He was just going downstairs. And so, with that, his trip back down the hallway was short lived. Coming around the corner into the living room, Jack would see a Nathan with a hand stuck in his hair, giving it a shake here and there to loosen the strands and give it its usual unruly style that he wore. Finding Jack standing there, a smile crossed his features. It was warm, and sincere. "Ahh...sorry about that. You know, me being nude and all. I suppose it's what people do, apologize for things like that. I won't mind pointing out that you were in my bathroom, though." He'd been looking around for something, something that was escaping him...and then, there it was, he found it. Picking up his cell phone, he unplugged it from the wall and pressed the power button on the side. A finger came up to swipe away the screen lock, a picture of Stiles with the worst case of static-wrecked hair ever[Nathan was sure Stiles didn't know he had the picture,] and afterwards popped up a notification for a text message. '....A text? From who, I wonder.' One touch later, and he was reading Keith's text to him.

From: Keith "Pew Pew" Ross [7:00 AM]: On my way to the flower shop, be there soon!

'He'll be here soon, indeed. Look at me, already falling behind today.' Slipping his phone into his pocket, the gentlest sigh left his lips before he looked up at Jack again. "Alright, then. Let's get you some flowers, shall we? Hopefully you don't need anything too difficult." And, with that, he walked outside of his apartment and towards the stairs which he began to go down. "Oh, also, don't worry about the door. I suppose I'll appreciate the fact that someone cared enough to come and check, if they thought there was trouble. People in this city are usually not that brave...or, at least, not that curious. Whichever one you were." He skipped the last step with a bit of a hop, bare feet landing with a soft thud against the floor. Next stop was in his shop, where he could finally begin his day's work.

[O.O.C - Nothing!]

User Image
User Image

LOCATION: 8th and Cherry xxx ACCOMPANIED BY: Stranger xxx MOOD SONG: Goo Goo Dolls: Iris

"I'mma GET YOU Jast!" Yelling from the small window, unable to squeeze out himself, the forty year old plaid man, face smeared in blood, lifted his rifle, taking aim for the back of the young adults skull - but someone ran directly in his line of sight. Jerking his gun away like he had landed on a five year old child, he hissed. "What'chew DOIN'?! He's gettin' away! We hit 'im now he'll be out fer hours!" Glowering, the man threw his gun down, tucking back inside. "He picked himself up a meat shield" the man grunted.

Snapping his head at a sudden movement, Jast prepared to fight, before a force field flared across his vision, making him stagger in alarm. "Okay, I need you to tell me what the hell is going on here so I can help. Alright?"

It wasn't the voice itself persay that caught him offguard. It was the calm posterior that came with it. A man with slim glasses, dark hair and warm eyes matched him step for step, foot with foot, like he was meeting a running buddy in the park and had just catch up. Looking over his shoulder, the window had been abandoned. They wouldn't try and do anything in public. Especially if there was someone around they could injure in the process of collecting.

Stopping, he bent forward, hands on his knees. Swallowing, he pulling a shredded sleeve across his forehead. Curls dissheveled, shirt hanging half off one shoulder, he swallowed..Glancing up through a veil of long thick lashes, Jast cleared his throat kurtly, straightening. "I w-ah-" clapping a hand to his jaw, Jast shut his eyes, groaning under his breath. He'd gotten a good whallop from that window pane. Stretching his jaw gingerly, his second groan a bit louder, he exhaled in a 'figured' manner. "wrong place, wrong time" he finished gingerly, shutting his trap. Everything about his figure said that he was more then used to this.

They wanted him for what he could do. Three months ago, that would have been an appeasing comfort to Jast. But not now. He was different. If only that difference could be the death of him.

Rubbing his jaw, he cringed as it cracked, never meeting the man in the eyes straight on. "Thanks. For the help. It's not a good idea to be around me right now." Nodding, he turned. Part of him was screaming. He could read people better then most. He knew this guy could help him. He knew this guy was good. Well. Better then the people he knew. He knew it was stupid to walk away from help. Part of him didn't know how to accept help anymore. Most of him just knew that while he wasn't in any danger too big, this stranger would be if Dale and Kurk decided to test their luck against nabbing him again later. Taking him back to the grounds.

and i don't want the world to see me,
                                                              'cuz i don't think they'd understand.
                                                              when everything's made to be broken,

i just want you to know who i am.

Shameless Newb

User Image

JxAxCxKxxxSxAxWxYxExR

User Image
Sunny?
Morning
I'm thinking about adding another superpower for Jack... hmmm... idk.

"No, I... actually came to see your naked a**" - "No, I... actually I didn't. Would that be a problem? I thought lilies would be in season, so I assumed you'd have some lying around on your shop." Jack shouted back at Nathan who was dressing up somewhere out of Jack's view. He was tugging at his left shoulder where the other young man had bumped and wet him previously.

Minutes soon, Nathan came out of his room and apologized for being naked; among other words in his sentence. Although part of it had made the reporters eyebrow raise in question. "People? And here I thought, only reporters refer to themselves in that kind of manner," Jack thought. "Apology accepted. And this would be our secret from now on," making the first sentence sound like a question followed by a friendly wink. As Nathan checked on his cell, Jack felt the urge to take out his own too.

Don (E-Mail): <New Calendar Entry Received>

Don (E-Mail): Jack, I'm out of credits. I'm hoping this e-mail gets to you... Anyhoo, I just sent you your new sched among other things. And the meeting today at 11 has been postponed at a later date. It's been moved until tomorrow. Still, same time though.

Don (E-Mail): Don't forget the flowers and also bring me a hamburger.

Once he opened the message, a new schedule exploded on the screen; besides a list of tasks and memos for the next few days. "Good, at least he didn't forget to include "Buy groceries" this time... he thought about his manager with utter sarcasm, but a hint of concern passed his mind as he re-read the last messages. Is Don broke? Jack didn't stop himself from snickering at this, yet suddenly felt guilty after.

Although the supposed meeting was cancelled (which also meant cancelling the order), he didn't want Nathan's friendliness to go to waste, and also spare himself from the humiliation of coming there for no reason, so he just played along. He needed some plants in his place anyway.
                                Jack spared a last glance at the place before jogging after the young man - who was already making his way downstairs. On their way, he asked some more questions as to what other flowers would accompany the white lilies and make it stay pretty even after transferring them into a vase.

"Oh, also, don't worry about the door. I suppose I'll appreciate the fact that someone cared enough to come and check, if they thought there was trouble. People in this city are usually not that brave...or, at least, not that curious. Whichever one you were," Nathan said.

"Well, that's just me... being me." Jack explained, shrugging his shoulders. He just felt like helping. Maybe it's just his impulses making him tick that way, or maybe he had a feeling about something? "Well, I'm quick to judge other people. And most of the time, my first impressions on them would run between the lines of pity and awe. I don't believe in "evil," I believe in "tortured" and those are the people who need and deserve help the most."

Once they were situated within the shop, Jack grabbed his jacket - which was currently sitting on the waiting couch's arm rest - and wore it back on, ignoring the still wet shoulder of his inner button-up shirt. "I'm also placing another order of lilies if you don't mind, another bouquet like the one you're gonna make now. I'll just drop by tomorrow at around 10am... By the way, do you also sell blocks of wood here?" he asked innocently, heedless of the fact that Nathan was an environmentalist; and only thought about himself and his free time later that evening. Tonight, he could finish a one foot tall crude replica of lady Liberty or perhaps his rendition of Poseidon.
                                Back in their hometown in the Philippines, Jack was among the talented artisans and craftsmen. He would often help at their farm in making rattan furniture. The chairs in his condo unit's balcony were actually handmade by Jack, himself. But now, that he's far away from his old place, and with the tight schedule and the hassle he's been getting from his job, he's settled himself with woodcarving as a hobby during his short free time.

NxOxWx,xxxBxAxCxKxxxTxOxxxTxHxExxxSxTxUxDxIxOxxxFxOxRxxxMxOxRxExxxMxExTxRxOxxxCxIxTxYxxxNxExWxS
User Image

"...And he will set this World on fire."

๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛

๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛๛

User Image

Julian watched with slight interest as Yeul shuffled around the room, looking for different articles of clothing to put on for the day. His steele-grey eyes followed the marroned headed boy like a snake would follow its prey. He took in the boy's skinny frame. Julain's jaw twitched. In any other place, Yeul would have been beneath him. Julian would have never even thought about looking twice at the boy. Everything about Yeul was average, and he had always been taught that average was beneath him. He couldn't help but think that it was the averageness of Yeul that was 'precious' to him. A piece of the others' lives that was his now. Julian propped himself on his elbows as he leaned back on his king-sized bed. "Yeul." Yeul looked up at him with those dulled-emerald eyes. "Why are you so skinny?" Yeul looked at the ground. It would have been obvious to most people that the boy was hurt by the comment. "I... I actually used to run on my high school's Cross Country team." Julian continued to lean back. "Is that so?" Yeul nodded softly. Tears misted his eyes as he tried to shrug off the question and continue to look for a shirt for the day. His sleeping shirt wouldn't be very presentable to the world as it was faded and spotted with holes. "Come to me." Yeul froze slightly. He didn't really want to be close to Julian right now, but being part of the Collective meant that he wouldn't dare disobey Julian. Yeul walked over to Julian and kneeled at the foot of the bed. "Up here." Julian's tone gave no indication of his intent. Yeul climbed up in the bed and kneeled on the bed at Julian's torso. "Look at me." Yeul lifted his head, showing the slight mist to them, and looked at Julian's piercing gaze. Julian smirked, "I think it suits you well." Julian hooked under Yeul's jaw slightly and drew his lips to his own. Yeul's eyes widened but quickly closed as Julian gave him a tender kiss. Julian broke the kiss, "Continue. You still want to go out today, right?" Yeul nodded and wiped the few tears that escaped his eyes away and almost bounded off the bed to continue getting ready.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Julain looked around the street with slight disdain. In all truthfullness, he would have been content with spending the rest of this day inside his apartment and training. It would be just his luck that he had promised Yeul if he ever had some free time from his contracts that he would go out into the normal world with his 'boyfriend'. Julian scowled slightly. He looked over at Yeul. He did care about the boy, even if the feeling was strange to him. He just felt that the term 'boyfriend' was overrated and over used. To him it seemed common, and this feeling and he, himself, were anything but common. Yeul looked up at him and smiled. Julian stood a good five inches over the eightteen-year-old. Julian raised an eyebrow. Yeul spoke almost too softly for Julian to hear, "It's weird seeing you out here." Julian blinked and kept a straight face, "It's weird being out here." He looked at the people around him. "Especially around them." Yeul looked at the ground and frowned slightly, "Oh." Julian placed a hand on his shoulder and squeezed slightly, "But, you wanted to come here, so I did." Yeul looked at him with a bit of surprise. No one could ever tell Julian what to do, and that was still true, but because he wanted to come to the main shopping district with Julian, Julian had choosen to come and be with him. Yeul couldn't help the smile that took control of his face. He placed a small touch on Julian's hand. Just as quickly as he had touched Julian's hand, he retracted his touch. He was quick to learn that Julian wasn't all to fond of contact other than the occasional touch or kiss.

An oval sign with a cream background, vines and flowers bordering the edges caught Yeul's attention. "Let's go in here." Julain gave no facial affrimation but merely nodded. The ring of the bell signaled to the shopkeeps that Julian and Yeul had entered the shop. The smell of freshness hit them almost instantly. It was like rain had just swept over the store and lingered in the plants that lined that walls, settled on displays, and even hung above them. Julian didn't make any slight changes to his poker face, but the hand that he placed on the small of Yeul's back was enough to signal that something about the store had peaked his interest. Yeul led the way around the store to the first flower that caught his eye. The flower happened to be a daisy. "Isn't this daisy lovely?" Julian looked at the flower, "It seems to be wilting." Julian took his eyes off the flower and allowed them to drift about the store. Yeul frowned and led the way to a rose. "What about this one?" Julian looked at the rose sitting pristinely in a vase just at eye level. "How ordinary." Yeul's shoulders sank slightly as he led the way to a small trough lined with Daffodils. "I suppose these are ordinary too?" Yeul sighed and walk away from the trough. Julian let Yeul walk out of his range of what he would consider personal and focused on the Dafodils. There was something about them that utterly captivated him. Yeul was right. They were ordinary, but to him, they were ordinary in the same way that Yeul was ordinary. He was so fascinated with the flowers that he nerely lost track of where he was. He reached out the flowers...

User Image

Hygienic Lunatic

Ӄ e ɪ ʈ ɧ - - - ɾ σ ʂ ʂ

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ║█ xxI'm Gothalicious with cheese
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxand all the gay things I say

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxmake such a pretty melody
║█

User Image

Scraping the bottom of his boots against the sidewalk Keith almost passed up the stranger with him halting without warning. "What?" Keith asked with a puzzled look upon his face as to what the man had just said. "Oh god." He mumbled shuddering when he heard the crack of his jaw. Though Keith couldn't heal bones very well he knew allot about them. Or at least enough to know that cracking them was never good. Though he loved the sounds of when you cracked your knuckles or neck, it was so spine tingling, he hated it at the same time, one will never catch him pulling his fingers to crack them. "I can fix that." He said referring to his jaw injury, as well as any other places on him that were hurt.

"I understand that," the lad rolled up his sleeves as he looked upon the stranger. "but what kind of person would I be to look the other way when I saw someone in need?" Keith continued not really expecting an answer. The man really hated when people turned down his help, because no matter how much danger it put himself in he couldn't bare the thought of turning the other cheek while someone else was hurt. it was just... inhumane.

"My name's Keith." He said simply as he put out his hand for the gentleman to shake it, even in the most dangerous of situations Keith never forgot his manors. "Now if you wouldn't mind telling me where you're hurt I can heal it." Even though it seemed that the bad guys were gone Keith still kept his shield up, just in case. "Then afterwards maybe we can talk about whatever just happened, and I can see what I can do about it." Keith finished, standing up a little straighter, and letting his eyes wander around. Even though he could only heal and throw up shields he still considered him self being able to help in other ways, and if he couldn't he'd still give it a shot.

"And if you won't tell me what's hurting, well then I might just have to do it the hard way." He added trying to act tough, even though he was just about as scary as a fluffy bunny. And on top of that, he had no idea what the hard way would be. Basically the kid was just bluffing.
User Image

LOCATION: 8th and Cherry xxx ACCOMPANIED BY: Stranger xxx MOOD SONG: Goo Goo Dolls: Iris

Shifting, Jast looked down at the hand outstretched to him, his own bleeding hands shoved into worn jean pockets. He was the spitting image of an indie band cover nerd – sagging shoulders, daunting hair, and the perfect questioning posterior as this man before him, Keith, denied No for an answer. Set brows heavy over his forested, earthy hues, Jast’s gaze shot through the male, not narrowed. Not domineering. Analyzing.

His world was survival. He would know if this man wanted something for his help…Brow furrowing, he lifted his head…Or not…Eyes flickering to Keith’s puffed up chest as the male stitched a tough posture, Jast blinked. Withdrawing his hand and scrubbing the back of his sleeve across a fully blossomed bruise at his jaw bone, Jast held out his free hand, blood dripping to the floor. Part of his lips curving, a smirk tickled the edges of slender lips, a bit out of place against his scruff-dog thing he had going on.

Thank you” he nodded, shaking his hand. “Ah.” Noticing the blood, he picked up Keith’s hand, flexing the palm. Rubbing the red stain he’d made in one lazy motion, he released the male. “Sorry” he muttered, tucking his bottom lip between white teeth…

Closing his eyes, he snorted, putting a hand up. “Sorry, sorry.” That macho-act just got to him. “Call me Jast.” Forcing the smirk down, he lifted his hands, waggling his fingers. Spirit fingers. He should have felt ashamed. Embarrassment. He looked like a hobo. Baggy jeans, holes in the knees. Long sleeved shirt rips to bits where it counted and a zipped up jacket three sizes too dirty. He was a hobo. So naturally he was used to the condition. He forgot most people weren’t, honestly. The way everyone in this city bolted around like their next coffee date meant life or death – you would be surprised how few business men in this city take a decent bath.

and i don't want the world to see me,
                                                              'cuz i don't think they'd understand.
                                                              when everything's made to be broken,

i just want you to know who i am.
ϡ And there it was...

Nathan "Briar" Dezian

"Sunlight's the one thing that keeps this world going. Keeps me going too, and all things green."

User Image

Before Jack could even finish talking about how his courageous acts were, indeed, just 'him being him,' Nathan was already looking intently at a schedule that he'd put on the wall nearest the counter where orders were normally taken. Idly, an earth worn finger pressed the ON button for his computer, and the gentle whirling sounds of machinery began to go as the computer began to boot up. Green eyes read, intently, from left to right as he took in reminders for who he should have expected for the day, what they were coming for, and which orders he still had left to complete. He made a mental note to never let his boss live this convenient "vacation time" down that he was on. Even for someone who grew plants all day every day, this was wearing Nathan down. Of course, no one would be able to tell unless they knew him particularly well. Especially this Jack person, who was in the market for lilies. What kind of lilies? There were, after all, several different types. There were arabesques, and black beauties, and an amazing mix of oriental lilies that Nathan absolutely found to be really pretty. The ones named after Euridice, the ever popular 'casa blanca' ones, and the colorful asiatic-

Did he just say blocks of wood?

The pen that Nathan had been writing with stopped moving and his gaze lifted from the green sheet of paper in front of him. Brow raised, a piercing and serious gaze loomed over Jack in immediate response to the question. "This is a florist shop, not a butcher's market where slabs of tree are sold for profit. Certainly, if that's the way you see what I do here, then you're very welcome to find your lilies elsewhere." A rustle may have been heard, by chance, in delayed tandem with his statement; a leafy agreement from the gallery. Now, back to the love! "The display to your left is where I grow the majority of my lilies. Feel free to look at them all and pick those which you like the best. I can have you group ready within the next ten minutes, and the order for tomorrow's no problem." With a gentle motion, completely contradicting the tone he'd taken with his previous statement, he pointed out which display he was referring to. Expression having changed with his sentence about the display, he gave Jack a gentle nod and a smile to show there were no hard feelings before he returned to what he was writing. Nathan got it, after having to deal with so many...urbanites in the city. So very few actually had respect for what they were purchasing. 'I'm sure he meant no harm by the question...an honest one, for an honest looking man. I really should stop getting so uptight.' Hah, as if that'd ever happen.

Nathan pulled out his phone and sat it on the counter in its usual spot, pressing the power button and swiping away the incriminating picture of Stiles. A few taps later, and he was furiously moving his finger over the screen, in order to send a text message. He was caught, momentarily, in thought as that finger stopped moving. Finally, his mind decided to finish its thought and, with that, he finished the text message. Having tapped the sent button, and made sure that it was delivered, he returned back to writing his memo. Some number of seconds would pass before Keith would receive a text from him, accompanied by a grin on Nathan's face. Him and his humor. It was so seldom used. On the piece of paper in front of him, he'd already wrote out all the necessary information needed in order to keep track of Jack's order, missing nothing but the flower types, contact information, and amount owed.

'Rrring!'

'Another customer? I'm not expecting pickups yet...' And sure enough, there were two of them. Two males of sharply contrasting figures. Nathan, if he cared enough, wouldn't have been able to tell if the taller one was just extremely bored or extremely...boring. The smaller one, though, he was all sorts of energetic as he moved about checking the different plants out and asking the taller male's opinion on them. One comment, in particular, caught his attention: "It seems to be wilting." Nathan, from behind his counter, scoffed in such a way that may, or may not, have been found arrogantly. There was absolutely no way any flower in the building was wilting. Speaking up from his place behind the counter, memo finally finished, he looked directly at Julian with a polite expression. Taken mildly aback by the vividness of the other's eyes, he asked, "Is there something, friend, I can help you with?"

---------------------
From: Keith "Pew Pew" Ross [7:00 AM]: On my way to the flower shop, be there soon!

To: Keith "Pew Pew" Ross [8:04 AM]: It's only just past eight, and already, there's so many people here in the shop. It's weird. It'll be a relief to see you soon, when you get here. Don't still be too upset at me too much for that whooping you got last night while playing Super Marvel Vs. Capcom, though. It was all out of the most platonic plant-love I can muster."

---------------------

[O.O.C - In the flower shop, there's seldom flowers in vases. It's set up so that everything grows in rows of soil. Some of them are in the ground, others in the coolers you'd normally see in a florist shop. Nothing's cut, though, or otherwise inhibited. Nathan rolls all natural. ;D]

User Image
User Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Slamming the door shut to the bedroom Nathan had told him he was privy to, Stiles flung himself around, arms wide, flattening himself against the door. Stood as still as possible.

Towel slipping, he jerked, grabbing at it and clutching it to his waist.

"...whaat the fuuh.." Licking his lips, Stiles stared into space. A reel of the scene replaying over and over in his mind, heat pooled in his stomach, red shooting up his neck and face to burn at his ears. He had walked in on - he had been laying on-"AWW!" Smacking his hands to his face and doubling forward, Stiles crouched on the balls of his feet to lean against the door. "What the hell was that?!" he whined in a squeak, before shaking his head. GOD - Re-REALLY?! Really?!? Shaking his head fast, he jumped at a loud noise. Peaking between fingers, palms still glued to his face, Stiles spied his cell on the counter. Someone was calling him....Running his hands down his face, Stiles forced himself to his feet. His towel hit the ground. "Hwup-" picking it back up and covering himself, he clambered all fours onto the bed, flopped chest first into the covers, and reached for his phone.

TO: Smiles
                                                    MESSAGE: Going to see Dante today - wanna come?

Furrowing his brows, Stiles muttered the name to himself in frustration. "Dante? What? Who the frick-" giving up, he rolled his eyes. Responding, he glanced around for some clothes. Okay. No spares in the roo - gasping, his eyes widened. His phone fell.

No.

He had to get his pants from the bathroom.

Swearing, Stiles leapt to his feet...Ripping the bed's blanket out from under the cover, he wrapped it around himself, tying it strategically around one thigh in the process. This was fool-proof. He was screwed. "Jesus-" shuddering at his phone vibration, he felt around his new outside, fishing his cell from a fold and flipping it open with a disapproving shake of the head as he walked back to the bedroom door.

TO: Smiles
                                                    MESSAGE: He wus on 1st string b4 u - u've seen him. He's amazing! Freshman. In a coma tho. Team went to visit last week but I couldn't go. I'll meet u, where u at?

Dante? No...Still not ringing any bells. Sighing, Stiles responded before slapping his phone shut. Opening the door dramatically, Stiles went 1D on the wall, whooshing his head from side to side. Coast clear. Bathroom clear?...Awesome.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Stuffing his phone in his pants' back pocket, Stiles scanned the apartment space numerous times before taking the stairs two at a time as quietly as he could. Opening the store front with a silent arm pump of victory he turned for the door, and - walked face-first into Nathan. Catching his balance by grabbing onto the older man, nearly hanging off of him like one of those Youtube Slow Moving Loris creatures, Stiles felt his head explode. "Are you KIDDING ME-" Letting go, he hit the ground like a sack of rocks, before rolling in a failure of momentum to get back on his feet, limbs flailing. Hitting a plotted pot of daffodils, he grabbed them before they toppled over and sucked in a mouthful of air. Nathan would have gone commando if they had. Standing up awkwardly and clearing his throat, Stiles sniffed..."Well that was a close one, ha ha - AH-" Giving a girly scream of a swear as he turned, a tall man stood right next to him with sharp eyes and dark hair. Now where had he come from.
User Image

User Image

Julian touched the petals of the closest white dafodfil lke a mother would touch the cheek of her baby. An almost serene look took over his visage, or at least, as close to seren as Julian would ever get. He nearly stroked the petal when a shorter man nearly crashed into the truogh breaking his focus. The look of near serenity on Julian's face broke. The man was about the same size as Yeul witha bit more musculature, but none of that even phased Julian. His eyes stared deep at the man, and if looks could kill, The man standing in front of Julian would be dead ten times over. In fact, If Julian had even the slightest whim of ending the man in front of him he wouldn't have to blink twice. Even as Julian took slow even breaths, the store itself seemed to be brighter than usual.

Yeul's eyes widened when he saw the man nearly tumble into the flowers that Julian was looking at. Yeul was quick to try and put some distance between the man and Julain, but Julian held him back by placing an arm in front of him blocking his way to try and get around him. Julian's right eyebrow raised ever so slightly. Keeping his eyes locked unto Stiles, Julian's voice travelled towards Nathan, "Actually I do have a question. Is it custom for people to roll around the floors of flower shops or is this some sort of crazed homeless?"

User Image

Shameless Newb

User Image

JxAxCxKxxxSxAxWxYxExR

User Image
Sunny?
Morning
I just realized that "waiting couch" sounded so funny. Idk why,
but it sounds funny and silly to me now - like sorting hat
and sitting ducks. It's supposed to be "waiting bench"!
But what's done is done, I'll just stick with it then. LOL

It was like sandpaper against skin, that Jack felt as he swallowed his saliva. The mention of woodblocks somehow infused Nathan's retort with hostility. And the surrounding greens seemed to have chimed in with his expression. Nonetheless, the tension subsided and the young man was back to his usual demeanor.

"The display to your left is where I grow the majority of my lilies. Feel free to look at them all and pick those which you like the best. I can have you group ready within the next ten minutes, and the order for tomorrow's no problem."

The reporter walked a few paces to where the florist had previously pointed. "Thanks..." he said as he bent his back and leaned closer to the display. And there they were, beautiful petals of different colors. Whites, reds, pinks, and some other more. This, in turn, made the sides of Jack's mouth to form into a smile. He can't fool himself, the choices were almost on par with each other. "I don't know... Maybe a few white ones and those magenta thingies," he felt like a child starstruck on a candy showcase as he mindlessly placed dibs on whatever he liked. Maybe it was too much, but hell, it wasn't something he can't afford at his current rate and work.
                                He placed a palm on his thigh, reassuring his wallet was still intact; but he thought about Don again. Noting that his manager had signed the contract in "c/o" himself, Jack was already receiving his salaries for the month in advance. Maybe this was what Don bargained for - what had made him go broke... Was he passing money under the table, so that Jack could get the job? Were the board of directors placing bets on him? He never knew anything.

Moving on to the the current matter, Jack couldn't stop himself anymore and finally decided on something, "You know, ... Can you just cancel my order for tomorrow?" It wasn't a ruse, what he was doing. Sudden shifts in mood and making impulsive decisions were Jack's strongest suits - a careless trait, but enough to get things moving. "I think I'll just buy all these with the pots," he said referring to a whole shelf of white lilies, while directing a smile to Nathan and simply shrugged his shoulders. God, he must be really feeling like a child in this place. Jack should visit the florist's now more often, considering that Nathan was a friendly enough fellow and his sudden affection for flowers had just bloomed.

"No, it's not!" Jack interjected in his head after overhearing the newcomers to the shop. He did, after all, scour the entire shop with his gaze when was waiting there an hour ago; and he clearly saw the plants in tip-top condition. But instead of saying a word, he zipped his mouth and propped himself on the waiting couch.

ϡ And there it was...

Nathan "Briar" Dezian

User Image

Two moments hadn't gone by before, for the second time that day, he found himself impressively close to Stiles as the smaller man clung to him for dear life, in fear of falling. Despite Nathan's belated attempt at reaching out to stables Stiles, it looked like his fear came into fruition; Nathan spent the next several moments watching Stiles tumble across the floor, almost wreck a large pot of daffodils [which the flowers were ever so excited about,] and save both them and himself by gaining a knee and steadying the pot [to which the plants, oh so sarcastically, rejoiced.] In a good mood, Nathan had to stifle a chuckle as he watched Stiles stand up and regain his composure. Seemed like he was still shaken up after their shower incident from earlier. Maybe Jack was right....maybe they did need to talk about it. Nathan's gaze shifted from Jack, to Stiles, and finally to Julian's sharp features, which were busy attempting to slay Stiles where he stood by sight. A statement to match his gaze, Julian spoke. Nathan's reply was quick, though largely void of any defined emotion, in his usual fashion. He was good at saying exactly what was on his mind, and in quick succession. "It isn't. Stiles is, however, absolutely allowed to roll around on my floor if he so chooses, for whatever reasons. Last time I checked though, and I did check recently, it was considered rude to passively aggressively refer to someone as a 'crazed homeless.'"

Nathan's smile, as he looked over at Stiles, was one of understanding. His head nodded lightly towards Stiles at whatever point the boy would look at him again, and he said no more on the subject. No doubt, Stiles would feel even more embarrassed to have fell in front of so many people. Nathan didn't want to make him feel as if he needed to stay around any longer. To verbally help Stiles along, he spoke up a second time. "I'll be working just about all day, Stiles. I'm going to get the rest of that stuff for you after work, so look for it in your room later. Stay safe." Nathan was, as Stiles would hopefully realize, talking about the rest of the things needed to finish outfitting Stile's room with everything a bedroom should have. Prior to the soccer player, the room had been used for mostly storage. A bed, dresser, and random chair were currently the only things there. Nathan had already decided he was going to outfit the rest of the room, but Stiles being there gave him a reason to do it sooner. Plus! Having a fundamental understand of what kind of person Stiles was, Nathan had resolved to make it a bit more personal for him. [He'd even taken out a lot of the plants living in the room, to their dismay, leaving just the ones that Stiles like that Nathan felt wouldn't hinder him being able to use the room to its fullest.]

All of Jack's words still burned in the back of his head as unrecognized, as customary for someone used to working with a busy schedule, and so Nathan then turned to him and replied to his request. "No order for tomorrow, sure. And you'd like all of those? Here you are then." A swift hand removed the memo from the counter top and, one strike out from his pin later, he handed the piece of paper to Jack detailing the amount of the purchase. "Just feel out the required information for me." From one customer, to the other. Nathan's eyes moved from Jack in anticipation of him to start writing, and settled upon Julian and the boy he'd come with. "Other than your previous question, which I hope was readily answered, is there anything else I can help you with?"

[O.O.C - Yay for Stiles getting a nice room to stay in and scheme in and stuff! Also, I tried to seperate the dialogue of responding to three people as best I could, so I hope nothing's confusing. Let me know if it is!]

User Image

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
User Image

James Chrono Winchester
The Reaper

"Heroes? What heroes? There is no such thing you fool!"

When he was young, there had been a world to believe in. there had been so many thing to place trust in and everyday had been filled with the possibilities of great good. Good and evil fought and good always won. There was a superhero who was perfect, who would swoop in and save the day. No one had to die, and the timing was always spot on. Evil was punished in a place it could not escape, there was no controversy over life in prison. There was only the idea that good prevailed and evil slunk into the shadows to wallow and die behind rotting steal bars. The world was not perfect like that. There was nothing enlightened about thinking in that manner and if one did so then they would be a fool! Light could not exist without darkness, and shadows were formed in between. It was easier to deny that good was really evil incarnate when it came to people. It was easy to pave over the idea that a police officer or superman could be the culprit behind some poor woman's demise. There was nothing enlightened about denial or about sweeping the dust under the carpet.

He knew that well enough, how delusional such ideologies were. He knew well enough that when people were involved, there was no simple answer. He also knew that where there was malicious evil, where good bent and twisted, he would be right there tearing it to pieces. Villains would be villains but his eyes rested on the heroes. When they trashed a building, he wondered how many woman and children died. When they didn't arrive on time, he wondered who perished. He wondered how they thought that taking without giving was something deserved when all the world was, was give and take; life and death; good and evil. Naturally, there were meddlesome interludes where good was forced to strike harder than necessary. All the same it was a choice, the choice to destroy forever... Some people just deserved that and so... he was there. The heroes of the city did not exist on a personable level. They never cared for the individuals, only the masses. So naturally they had turned a blind eye to the baser lives who remained below them... hollowed beings in theory who became warped and twisted under their fires and warmth.

Eventually people always tell themselves, we are only human and this is right. His lips twisted into a smile as he raised a cigarette to his lips. There was something to be said for the tenacity of life but it was wasted on the wicked. Does that mean you can judge them? Are you God? His smile grew wider, steadily increasing with the strange bouts of rationalization. Those who were never scarred, could never judge. Those who were clean were furthest from the sights of God. They were the favored ones, because while they thrived the rest wallowed in agony. Languidly almost he exhaled his addiction, carefully watching his reflection. His long hair obscured half of his face in shadow, but still he could see the glow of his unearthly eye. He could almost feel the ticking of time as it warped about him and enfolded him in a tight envelope. His curse and his payment. Who better to say what is clean than those who are dirty... Who better to avenge those sullied than one who has been. It was a straight thought as he watched himself in the mirror. If he were to cut off the locks, he would look more like a man than he did now. If he wore different clothes, it wouldn't change the way his body had become. His form was pliant and compact, stretched muscle over bone, made for lasting and not for overall power. He only needed to outlast, to get one strike for a foe... It would be curtains.

That isn't entirely true, they remain sometimes... He reasoned as he leaned back against the morgue's bed. it was actually the dead wind for the hospital and its newest addition had walked off the stretcher nearly two hours prior. In her place was a police officer by the name of Wilkens. Photo's were with the corpse, a small child bruised beside that glaring man. He had been filthy and if he were proud of only one thing in this world, it would be that he ended this name permanently. That was his only solace, it was his only way of justifying his actions but even he knew that though he avenged, he did great evil. People didn't know him enough to know he had this strange abilities. All that knew of him were dead, that was his only protection from the eyes of heroes and villains alike. He had been know to strike down villains sometimes while they rotted in their cells. He would dress as a guard, take their life, take it upon himself... Leave the rest to rot. This was his only solace.

James was cynical like this, there was no reason for him to be any different. He had been broken already and once a crack appeared, there was no repairing it. People just didn't work like that. He could only chuckle before finishing his cigarette and putting it down the cadaver's throat. A subtle meaning to burn in hell he supposed. Something overtly deep like that. You see he had that little faith in the world.

There had been no hero to save him. No one had come to his aid when his parents died. No one came and tore the man from him. No one stopped him from his first act of vengeance and it wasn't likely to change. He picked himself from the hospital floor and looked up to the security cameras. unlike physical time electronic time he could ******** with all he wanted but still it had its limits and so with his brain to make up for what he lacked. He took care of it, over writing the time sequences of security footage was easy enough for him. Like that, he took to the hospital wing. It was morning now and soon there would be commotion about the dead woman who had miraculously woken from death and a man who took her place. It wasn't likely people would piece together that it was him, probably just some freak miracle, but with his actions simple fading of reality was impossible. Every replaced body had been arranged carefully to show their sin, their dirty secrets exposed upon their person.

As the people came to the corner, he stopped time. Moved swiftly around the people, drew his hood up over his head and before twenty seconds ended he was in the lobby like all the normal people. A minute later he was on the streets in the warm sunshine. Being bad felt so good most days. His wicked eye turned to normal as his dark revenge was sated.

User Image
Activity: Serving cold revenge
Expression: Neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces