Hmmmm.... 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 2 ]
I'm already here! 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 6 ]
Nahh...but I shall pillage the gold! 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 18 ]
< 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13 >

Predestined Star

User Image
User Image
                                                                                                                TO THE CENTER OF THE CITY WHERE ALL ROADS MEET
                                                                                                      waiting for you ( )
                                                                                            TO THE DEPTHS OF THE OCEAN WHERE ALL HOPES SANK;
                                                                                                    searching for you
                                                                                  : WELL, I WAS MVING THROUGH THE SILENCE WITHOUT MTION
                                                                                  .........................................................................................
                                                                                            IN A ROOM WITHOUT A W!NDOW
                                                                                                          in the corner I found the truth
                                                                                      where: O.O.D with: High Judge Grant & B'a'lial

Two things. Beck continued watching Grant, his face revealing no trace of the turmoil inside. Had he done something wrong? Overstepped some rule? The High Judge's attempt to placate him was of no avail. How could he be at ease?

“But, before that, welcome back. I trust your mission was successful?”

A curt nod. "Yes. I believe so, sir." He said, waiting impatiently for what Grant had wanted to discuss with him. It was with a quick nod and smile that Grant spoke.

“On to the first order of business, there is something that needs to be discussed concerning your last mission report.” Grant tapped something on the terminal and seconds later, Gamble's own tablet began to vibrate. He frowned but abstained from the urge to take it out, waiting still. “There was a slight hiccup during the most recent systems upgrade, and as your report was in the upload queue at the time it was damaged, and nearly a third of it was corrupted. When you next have the opportunity, please make the appropriate corrections.”

Frowning, Beck resolved to check on that later. Hopefully it would only be a simple matter of resending his report. It was unimportant. What he was anticipating was...well he wasn't quite sure because he was reasonably certain that he hadn't done anything wrong.

“Now, Mr. Gamble, if could give me a succinct summary of your mission to apprehend the convict Joseph Warden, I will be able to approve your mission report. You may touch upon what you wish, but there are three sections I want you to illuminate me on. Firstly, why did you choose that specific location to confront him? Second, did you manage to get a hold of any of his data files? Thirdly, what kept you from killing him?”

Apparently, his day had not taken a turn for the better, but for the worst. He was not used to having to explain himself and he was leery of doing so now. But an order was an order.

"After three days of observation, two other officers and I decided to act. I was to detain Mr. Warden while my two partners would enter the restaurant and attain the files." Here, Beck paused, wondering if he should go into more detail. But then he decided against it. To do that would mean to disclose the full report and the High Judge had asked for something succinct. That was as succinct as anyone could get.

"First. I confronted him where I did because I believed that even though he is officially being charged with tax fraud, I thought it would be better to act with discretion. After observing his movements for a few days, I decided it would be best to ambush him in the area where the citizens were used to and did not question any chases if there were to be any. Since there are many thieves in the area, people will not think much of a chase. The fact that he ran into an alley happened to be pure luck on my part. Secondly, I did not personally retrieve his files but it was planned that after he closed his shop and left, the other two officers would enter and get them while I apprehended him. I haven't heard from them yet but I believe they should have been successful. Lastly," And here he paused, allowing a brief smile to cross his face. "I did not kill him because logically, it would not make sense to execute someone who is being charged with tax fraud and there would be an uproar if that was to happen. But largely, I did not feel any need to punish him more than I already did. To do more would have been too much."

As he finished his report, he heard the very slight noise of something being capped and turned his head to see B'a'lial standing in the room. He nodded once in her direction and turned to Grant. "Is there anything else that you would like to know or do? A more complete report will be sent in soon as well as an updated version of the one that was corrupted."

Big Bookworm

12,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
User ImageUser Image

The trembling in her hands was steadily getting worse as the minutes ticked by, Work had consumed her every moment for the last two days, and as it was coming to its ends, Kesia was becoming more aware of just how desperate her body was for a drink. No, not a drink. More like a whole bottle, maybe two... or three depending. I need a drink. Were the only thoughts Sia had right now, and for her it wasn't want a drink anymore, though it was true there was that, she needed it far more then she just simply wanted it. Right now she felt like a tree parched for water, her skin felt like it was starting to shrivel up. Her normally slow heart beat was beginning to to pick up speed, teetering near a panicked rhythm.

At the sound of her name being called, the tone a bit annoyed like someone who'd been calling her for awhile now, Kesia gritted her teeth at the sudden spark of annoyance this person gave her by being in her personal bubble right now. Not taking her eyes from her work, she stroked her fine-point stylus brush over the screen in front of her, forcing her hand back to a steadier state. "What is it?"

"The Cap'n said to tell ye to get yer a** ready for leavin', an' since ye were da one to demand taggin' along wit' her to Mars, to get a move on cause I ain't waitin' fer ya." the girl said, mostly repeating it all word for word. Mostly.

Sia put her brush down and turned she chair around to face the girl standing in her door way, "If you're going to deliver a message exactly as it was given, how about you actually try instead of butchering the words for your own amusement?" If there had been anyone listening in at this moment they would assume she was being such a b***h, but most failed to know that this girl spoke perfectly normal, but felt it made her more of a bad a** or something by talking like that. Kesia blamed movies.

Watching the girls face shift into disgust Sia saw her open her mouth to say something smart, but thought better of it when she noticed the scalpel only a arms reach away. Snapping her mouth shut she huffed and stormed away. Kesia could only shake her head. Most the people on this ship she considered to be descent people, but the ones that were essentially just grunts were far from the smartest cookie in the jar, and that girl was the perfect example of one such grunt. Luckily they didn't have an important job on the ship, if they did lord knows what disasters might befall them all, but Sia was smart enough to know you needed such people to do the simple work, made certain things easier on them all.

Sighing she stood up and put everything in it's proper place, and it wasn't until she'd gone over her office with a fine toothed comb that she locked up and made her way over to her nearby rooms. After a quick shower she dressed herself nicely considering they were going to a nice hotel. Regardless that she didn't plan to leave the bar her a** needed to look the part to even be there. Slipping on the multi-strapped heels, Kesia piled her hair on top of her head and slipped a dark jade hair comb into her hair to keep it in place, temporarily anyways. Grabbing her fancy high-tech medical bag, something she often referred to as simply her backpack, Sia headed out the door.

The trip down to the runner went without a hitch and quickly, just as she liked things to go when she was this close to getting a drink. Seeing that she was the first to arrive she sat down and waited for Anya to get here, her hands idly began to fiddle with the folds of her dress, a sign of her nerves. Luckily the wait wasn't long at all, and they were soon boarded into the runner. Kesia wasn't certain she was a big fan of these little things, much preferring the size of the big ship.

It felt like it took them forever to finally be docked on the hotels pad, but Sia forced herself to remain calm knowing it was just her need for a drink, a need to drown herself in booze to dull the gripping pains the constantly constricted her chest day in and day out. Her wait was soon rewarded as the moment they arrived at the bar Anya ordered them drinks. It took a real effort, and great control on Kesia's part not to down it in one swallow, but for the moment she held enough pride to take slow sips of it. There would be plenty of time for knocking them back the moment Anya was occupied at a table.

It took a few moments, her entire focus on the drink she held clasped in her hands, before she realized Anya had asked her, them, a question. Blinking a few times, she turned her head slightly to look at Anya before saying, "Drink, as you're fully aware."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

{ Hotel Marquis | Mars } { Leon + Anya } { I'd like some alone time with the booze... so everyone leave. }
User ImageUser Image

Just because you can't hear me Doesn't mean I don't have anything to say
━╃ひ MY ACTIONS SPEAK FOR ME ひ╄━

With ひ╄━ Anya, Sia
Where ひ╄━ Hotel Bar
Thinking ひ╄━ I can't...
OOC ひ╄━ Uh... wow. Long post. TL;DR Leon dressed fancy, had a bad flashback of his parents being murdered, struggled and failed with his tie after downing a random drink.

Before Leon had the pleasure of knocking out Markus, another hand shot out and pinned him to the wall. He stared at Anya, a mixture of shock and embarrassment on his face. Guess she found out what had happened. He backed up as Anya scared the ever living daylights out of Markus, stepping closer to Trea. He looked to Trea with a slightly embarrassed look on his face. He had lost his cool, but she apparently understood what he had been thinking. When Anya ordered her away she quickly signed thanks to Leon, before pulling him into a hug and leaving.

Leon's bliss was interrupted as he was ordered into Anya's room. He nodded as she warned him not to hide things from her. He knew she cared about him, so he couldn't help the faint smile that crossed his lips before she went to get ready. He just sat on a stool in her room, rubbing his arm. It hurt, a lot. Still, Sia was an amazing doctor, she had patched up him up nicely, so he figured he'd feel back to normal in a few days. Trea had given him back his pills so he considered taking one, but Anya returned and his jaw dropped a bit.

You look very pretty. He signed to her. It was the truth, she did. Leon on the other hand felt under dressed. He was dressed more for combat rather than a fancy poker night. He bit his lip, looking down at his comfortable clothes. He quickly signed for her to head to the runners bay and he would meet up with her, since he felt the need to change. It hadn't occurred to him that it would be a classy place.

Leaving her room he sprinted to his room, determined not to delay them, and quickly changed. Minutes later he found himself looking rather nice, for once. He was in nice slacks, and a black dress shirt under a gray vest. He tried to fix his hair, but gave up after a minute and quickly left, catching up to Anya right before she entered the runner bay. They entered and soon were on their way. Leon had spent most of the trip struggling to get his tie to look right. He was terrible with ties, and had trouble tying them most of the time. It was still crooked by the time they had arrived, but he forgot it as he stared at the building they were entering. His eyes widened as realization finally crashed into him. They were going into a hotel.

Leon hadn't been in a hotel since he had lost his family in one. He had just stayed in orphanages and other people's houses. Anya offered him her cloak and he took it, still spacing out. He wanted to run back into the runner, but he knew he couldn't. He wasn't going to leave Anya alone, especially not in a hotel. He followed her to the bar appearing old enough to drink. He took a few deep breaths, trying to calm his racing heart. He felt a wave of longing and sadness rush over him, as he was remembering that terrible night. He missed his parents so much. He was clutching his chest when he realized Anya had asked him a question.

He looked up at her with a slightly frantic look in his eyes. After a moment his mind put together what her words actually meant. What was he going to do? His eyes shifted to Sia, and honestly he wanted to follow her lead and down drinks, though he didn't hold alcohol nearly as well as her. He looked back at Anya trying to come up with an answer. He figured panic wasn't a very good response. Forcing a deep breath, he signed. I'll just wait here for you to either need me or for the game to end. Leon had absolutely no desire to explore the hotel, and as much as he wanted to get wasted, he was supposed to be protection for Anya so he couldn't afford to lose himself. Then again, without his gloves he was pretty handicapped.

His eyes wandered out across the room, his eyes locking on a gun one of the hotel security officers had on his hip. He stumbled backwards, bumping into the bar as he held his head with one hand. He couldn't stop the onslaught of memories that were rushing through his mind.

A younger Leon was in hell. He was hiding behind the metal grate in one of the walls, unable to peel his eyes away from the bloodbath in front of him. Pirates and security officers were slaughtering each other in the ballroom. Gunshots and screams of pain echoed loudly in a traumatizing symphony. Desperately Leon clung to the grate, his eyes searching for his parents franically. After his dad had shoved him in here, telling him to escape he had run off to find his wife. Leon desperately wanted to scream out for his parents but no words would escape his throat.

Slowly the gunfire and screams died down. Most of the previous occupants of the ballroom now laid dead on the floor in a crimson pool. His dad was clutching his mother tightly to his chest, sobbing and begging for her to wake up. Leon was about to push out the grate and run up to him when some officials with GTF uniforms on made their way into the ballroom, far too late to be helpful. They noticed some fallen officers on the side of the room and their eyes locked on his dad.

Leon strained but was unable to make out the conversation that happened between his dad and the officers. Suddenly a gun was pulled and placed at his fathers head. Leon was paralyzed with fear, unable to move. He wanted to scream out, he wanted to do anything to stop the man. His father was innocent! The man screamed something and pulled the trigger.

Leon snapped back to reality with a start. He slammed backwards, his elbow knocking over a drink on the bar, as he clutched his head tightly. His brow was covered in sweat and tears were falling from his eyes a bit. He quickly tried to wipe away the tears as he was unable to meet anyone eyes. Leon just stared at the ground, breathing heavily as he tried to regain his composure. Those memories had been so vivid. But it was in the past. He knew that. He wiped away the remaining tears as best as he could as he tried once again to slow his racing heart. Anya needed him not to be a mess. He reached over to the bar, grabbing a random drink that was near Sia and downed it in one big gulp. It burned his throat, whatever it was, and made him cough a bit. He just hoped it would take the edge off. Anything to get his mind off of what had happened in the past. Slowly his eyes looked up at Sia, an apologetic yet frantic smile on his face. He probably had stolen her drink, something he was sure she wouldn't appreciate.

Still, it felt hard to breath. He clawed at the tie around his neck, pulling at it trying to get it to loosen. The damn necktie wouldn't come off! Growing more and more frantic he struggled to rip off the piece of cloth that felt like was choking him. Finally he managed to tear the offending piece of fabric from his neck. Leon stood there panting, holding the untied necktie in his hand. Looking up at Anya, bit a like a deer in a headlight he struggled to sign an excuse to her. It... was too tight. He brilliantly came up with. Realizing he was probably making a small scene he wrapped the tie around his neck. He attempted to tie it again, but his hands were shaking violently and he wasn't making any progress. He let out a shaky, agitated breath.

▂▃▅▆█ ▂▃▅▆█ ▂▃▅▆█

Sparkly Hunter

User ImageUser Image

tab Ϩtarships were meant to flyyyy...Ӈands up and touch the skyyyy
Ȼan’t stop ‘cause we’re so highhhh...ζet’s do this one more tiiiime

tab tab tab We’re higher than a [********]
Ɉump in my hooptie hooptie hoop
Ί own that
Λnd I ain’t paying my rent this month
Ί owe that
tab tab tab βut [********] who ya want, and [********] who ya like
Ⱦhat's our life, there’s no end in sight

Anya smiled at the doctor's answer to her question. Yes, she knew Sia would drink, drink till she more than likely would not even be able to stand at all. Which meant Anya would have to cart her a** out, or have someone carry her out for her. As she turned to look at Leon, Anya's brow rose a little seeing him in some type of distress. She knew about his background and had hoped this wouldn't happen. This was not to be her night, it would seem, as he looked like he would choke and stumbled back against the bar, then swiped Sia's drink and downed it in one gulp, coughing a fit.

As he was clawing at his tie, Anya finished her drink and walked to him, taking his tie in her hands, her nimble fingers retying it, and talking low to the young man. "Here's what is going to happen, Leon." Her voice was calm, and quiet, and he started to settle a bit as the alcohol hit him. "It is in the past. We have all had trauma, look at me. A cybernetic leg and arm. Do you think that was by choice?" She smiled gently, looking directly into his eyes and seeing his pain. "So, you will calm down. You will escort me to my table and stand behind me, looking for threats, as a bodyguard should. You will only drink water or cola from here on out, because," she paused to look at Sia,"I will already have one person to haul out of here. I cannot carry you both."

As understanding hit Leon, she smiled and grabbed another drink, letting the bartender know what the three of them ordered was on her tab. Anya made her way to her table and took her seat as Leon held it out for her. She crossed her legs, sitting to the side a bit waiting on the other players to come and sit. As she settled, she noticed a package sitting where her chips would go, and a single red rose. Her lips pursed in surprise and consternation, as she thought this was from some player trying to bribe her into losing.

Anya opened the box, and upon seeing it's contents, a finely arched brow rose in appreciation for the object. It was a small switchblade, done in white ivory with a crown done in gold on both sides of the handle. A very expensive piece, considering how hard ivory was to come by nowadays. As she let the blade made of obsidian flick out, also a costly material, a name was engraved on it, and she smiled with true pleasure. The lettering said 'Graves', implying the blade's use when the time came. Anya ran her tongue along its edge, testing for sharpness. As it bit into her flesh, she withdrew the blade and took a sip of her alcohol to wash the pooling blood in her mouth down.

So, somewhere in this vast room, Dominic Graves was watching her, she felt sure of it. Otherwise why bother leaving the gift? Anya had pegged him as the sort to hang around after doing something like this, just to see the reaction to his mischief. As she scanned the room, looking for a man with hair his color, it was all she could do not to get up then and there and make rounds. If he was here, and she was sure he was, she couldn't miss this chance, could she? Well, there really was no choice though. The tourney backer would not be happy with her for disrupting the night, and she ground her teeth in consternation at her situation. The b*****d had more than likely planned it this way, to be here and her helpless in grabbing him up. Her hands were literally tied, and Anya started to fume, finding solace in thinking of ways to torture him.

As her eyes roved around the room, she saw what looked to be a male fitting his description body-wise, lounging against a wall in a group of onlookers. The hair was the same color, but the man wore shades, covering his eyes. However, he seemed to be watching her area, and her brow rose slowly in question. His brow rose in response and a devilish grin graced his lips. Anya let her eyes run down, and then back up noting the rolled up sleeves and half-open shirt. Damn, the man was fine! Too bad she wanted the bounty more than she did him as a whole. Plus he was a ********' pirate, and those were all scum. Her momma had told her so, therefore it was truth. Add to that all pirates she had dealt with either underestimated her because they were chauvinistic pigs, or they were scum, period. Just because this one came in a mouth watering package meant nothing, in her book. He'd really have to do something extraordinary to change her mind at this point in time.

Well, two could play games...and he evidently loved games. She knew his penchant for blondes and decided to use that on him. Anya happened to be blonde tonight, so she figured she'd have a little fun at his expense. She slid the blade back home and took the knife, sweeping her dress aside to where her other knives sat in their leather garter harness. Granted, this now showed both her legs, and that was the whole point. Enough was left non-visible, unless you were under the table, which he wasn't, to see what else she didn't have on under the dress. Her other leg, which was encased in a leather sheath from her ankle to her hip, was now in full view and the leather and lace garter harness gleamed in the low lighting with her small but deadly knives. Anya slid the gift into the last empty slot, slowly letting the dress fall back into place.

Anya totally ignored him, but could feel his gaze as she slid a case out of her bag. It was ivory and gold, and held her cigarillos. Before she could open it, a waiter appeared at her table with a drink from an admirer at the bar, and Anya nodded to the male winking playfully. The man merely smiled at her and nodded, turning to talk to the person next to him while simultaneously keeping her table in view. Well, she may have some offers tonight after all! Lord knew she needed some time with a male to get rid of some of her nervous energy from being aboard the Queen for so long. The drink was a Neptonian, which consisted of fruit juices and a liquor made of flowers from Talaxus, placed in a tall glass. The swizzle stick Anya removed and lay on a napkin, noticing how sharp it was on the end, and plucking the rose up from the table she used the stem to stir the drink. As she took the rose out, she sipped at the stem, then bit it towards the end of the bloom, severing it from the end. The bloom she plucked the oldest petals from and placed them in the drink, using the swizzle to submerge them. She had plans for them later...oh my yes. The rest of the bloom was nestled into the V in her gown, as an accent, much like men wore their boutonnieres.

Graves showed no signs of being bothered, unless you could see the imperceptible tightening around his mouth, which was hardly discernible, unless you knew what to look for. Anya smiled and opened her case, extracting a cigarillo and lighting it. As she inhaled, Anya allowed a bit of the smoke to escape and licked her lips before exhaling, raising a brow to him as she did so, claiming her small victory. The grin she now wore would have melted the ice on Pluto.

LOCATIONHotel Marquis on Mars
BROADCASTINGno
BOUNTYn/a
WITH WHOMSia, Leon, Graves, othersOUT OF CREDITS//cackles// Sorry...got carried away in the torturing and couldn't resist!

Big Bookworm

12,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
User ImageUser Image

Getting Anya's gifts to her was as he'd expected far to easy. Which honestly was quite sad, the lady needed far better protection then that. If he'd been a assassin she might very well be dead now, though he was fully aware she was far from an easy target. Far indeed. That woman was deadly, and probably his greatest weakness, and not for the reason some would assume. Sure she was blonde and he'd love nothing more then to take her back to his room and do her up against the wall, but well that was a pleasure reserved only for his private fantasies every now and again. The real reason she was his weakness had everything to do with their past, one she knew nothing about and he wasn't presently obliged to explain it.

Taking his seat across the room from her, directly in her line of sight for when she chose to look for him, and he knew without a doubt in his mind that she would do just that once she realized who the gifts were from. It hardly took any time for her to note the gift, and even less time for her to begin looking for him, just as he'd predicted. He liked it when things went according to plan and he therefor wasn't disappointed. He also liked it when things presented a challenge, and Anya was often both for him.

It took her only about a second longer then he'd predicted she would to find him, which probably had more to do with the sheer amount of people in the place then anything, or he was hiding a bit better then he thought. Hiding in plain sight was never to be underestimated. Seeing her raise a brow in question at him, he returned the gesture and couldn't help to grin slowly, knowing how frustrated she found this situation to be. He was right there for the taking, or in her eyes he was, and yet he was far from her reach at the same time considering she couldn't do anything about it.

Noting the way she looked him over he was amused once more. He saw the spark of interest in her eyes, along with the look that over-rode such base desires as attraction to him; the look that told him quite simply she wanted the money he could give her with his bounty more then she wanted his body. If the woman only knew just how much he was truly worth, nothing would keep her from making a scene right now if she had any idea. Luckily for them both she didn't.

While he'd known that his gifts would probably create trouble for him in some way, he wasn't exactly ready for the cruel way with which she decided to torture him. Hell the licking of the blade had already been a torture, but apparently not all that she had prepared for him. Enjoying the view of her legs when she exposed them to put her new blade away, he once more thought of those lovely legs in a few different positions around his body. Graves was certain she had a nice grip on her as well, and one of these days he'd get to experience it for himself. He was certain of this, call him arrogant if you wanted he could care less. As she covered her legs back up he was briefly disappointed by the loss. So cruel. the thought was brief and slightly amusing even to himself.

While he noted a drink from some admirer was delivered to her table Graves didn't waste his time looking, no his full attention on much more interesting things. Like the fact she was stirring the rose he had given her into the drink. Raising a brow for a moment he wondered what she had planned. The groan came low and long when she actually sipped on the stem of the rose, followed closely by sucking in a sharp breath as his eye twitched behind the shades when she bit the end of it off. If not for the fact he had great control over his reactions he would have flinched at that, because that was just downright mean.... and he loved it.

Chuckling under his breath he enjoyed the rest of the show she gave him, allowing his gaze to linger for a time on the rose nestled in between her breasts. There was quite a bit he would give to be that rose right now, but that would come in due time. He was looking forward to it.

When he received the signal she was essentially done with her little game for now; this was obvious by her raised brow and especially her s**t eating grin, Graves smiled in return before standing on his feet so that he could give Anya a slow bow, acknowledging her victory without any anger in the least. He didn't mind loosing certain games, and this was one of them because how anyone considered that show loosing was beyond him.

Deciding it was time to turn his attention elsewhere, after all he was also here for a bed partner, or two after that show, and since he knew Anya wasn't going to be that bed partner it was time to find the ladies that would happily take her place, something he knew would be easily accomplished. In fact he saw two ladies; one platinum blonde, the other a very dark blonde, eying him right now. Making his way to them, he smiled already knowing what the end of his night would bring. It was great to be a pirate.

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

Hotel People Hotel Marquis | Mars A pirate loves their booty.

Mewling Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

a r k
                      Pirate Raider & Thief

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
          -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

l o c a t i o n ↠ Hotel Marquis bar, Marsxxxxxxxxxx
w i t h ↠ random npcsxxxxxxxxxx
o o c ↠ n/axxxxxxxxxx

User Image

Down the darkest road, something follows me.

She had a wonderful meal before she headed back towards her quarters. Along the way she was informed by others that they were making a stop at some fancy hotel on Mars. This piqued Ark's interest, as fancy hotels usually had fancy customers with fancy coins in their frail pockets. She was enlightened at this and wondered how she would go about having as much fun as she could, possibly stealing from unknown GTF soldiers or their family members. Maybe she could find a drunkards with loose lips throughout the night. Secrets were fascinating, and if there were any about the GTF, that would be icing on the cake, as the humans said.

When they had docked and half the crew was already out and about having fun, Ark decided to go out and have her fun. Unfortunately she didn't get too far when she noticed everyone leaving was dressed up and everyone staying was in their regular outfits. A female pirate walked up to Ark and winked at her, stating she was certainly going to get the crowd's attention if she walked out in her leather bodysuit. It was frustrating to Ark because she greatly disliked wearing weird and fancy garbs. She much preferred to stay as she was, but she knew she would gain unwanted attention or that she would be ungraciously kicked out. With a sigh, she walked back to her barracks and dug through her locker for one of the 'nice' things she had acquired through the months.

After getting into her 'costume' she remained defiant enough to wear some leather boots along with it, and she left the ship to the hotel. She had to threaten to kill a few pirates that hollered at her on her way out, but that was to be expected.

Once she had been cleared and entered the building, she looked around for the first bit of fun she could find. She wandered the front lobby for a while, hiding behind a pillar as she overheard a lovey-dovey couple calling each other disgusting names. She took one that the female called her suitor and grinned. She walked away and came back from another area of the room. She nearly bounced up to the man, but when she was close enough for them both to see her, she changed her face to anger. She walked up to the man a bit slower and greeted him.

"Travy-Bear, where were you last night, I was waiting for hours!" She looked up and down at the female accompanying him and raised an eyebrow that said disapproval all over it. "Who is this?" She said to the man with a sickeningly sweet tone to it. Before anyone could ask her what the hell she was doing, or who she was, she slapped the man across his face and turned around in one swift movement. Storming away, she turned a corner and waited to hear the noises of the situation she left behind.

"Who the hell was she?" A female screech could be heard.
                                                        High heels were clicking away and the male was begging for her to stay. "I have no idea! I swear!"

Ark laughed and wandered away towards some gambling tables. She noticed the captain of her ship, Graves, at one crowded table, and she made a note to stay away from there. She wandered across the floor to find a drunken man with rings aplenty on his hands and stains on his suit and shoes. She smirked to herself, noting a disapproving look coming from one of her hallucinations, and proceeded with her plan. She took a more crowded route past the man forcing her to bump into him.

"Oh, jeez, I'm so sorry!" She had one hand on his arm, grabbing with a slight force as to not draw attention to her other hand. The man would probably not notice anyway, but just in case, she went through the proper motions. A slip of her hand, a swoop to her handbag, and she brought her hand up to her face in a motion that suggested she was relieved she hadn't knocked the man over. "Are you alright?" She did bump him into the table he was at, so it helped that she could feign interest before she left.

The man took the hand that was rested upon his arm and nestled it between his two sweaty and bulbous meat mittens. He reeked of alcohol and sickeningly sweet flavors. "I'm fine now that you're here, my dear." Ark thought this man was somewhat disgusting, but she went with it and fanned herself even though there was no way she could fake a blush for this creature. She laughed and allowed herself to be flirted with for a few more moments, taking her leave as soon as it was convenient and she dashed over to the nearest bar.

She shook her head free of the experience and nodded at her hallucination that make a childish gagging face at her. The hallucination disappeared through the crowd and Ark ordered a mellow drink, containing milk and what smelled like disinfectant. She saw that 'rum' was being added as well, and she approved. She liked things with rum in it. She swung her chair around to scope out where she would go next while her drink was being made. She would pay with the newly acquired credits she had obtained from Mr. SweatyBills.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Sparkly Hunter

User ImageUser Image

Ί own that
Ί owe that

A waiter came up behind Anya and whispered in her ear, and she nodded, rising up from her seat. "Leon, wait for me here please. Duty calls." Anya had a feeling this may or may not be pleasant as it was Martinel who wanted a 'moment of her time'. Bullshit, the man wanted something, something she wouldn't like she'd wager. She knew him all too well, and this place was packed to bursting tonight. As she approached him, he sent his followers off and grinned at her in his pleasant way, like a player would. "Martinel." Anya greeted him with a quick kiss on the lips, as she always did, he was always safe as she wasn't his type, in more ways than one,

"Ahhh, Anya girl. I have something to tell you love, and you will just eat this up!" Anya rolled her eyes and did not smile, knowing she definitely would not like the words that were going to spout out of his mouth next. "Annie, Annie, you are going to be my show starter my dear. You are opening the night tonight." Anya just stood there and stared at him, long and hard, and ground out,"Open? Open as in what Martinel?" She emphasized the last syllable as she was already becoming angry. Who needed a red head when she was around, as she was just as volatile in temperament.

"Oh Annie baby, you are gonna sing....that beautiful voice of yours is going to melt the money right out of their pockets!" He rubbed his hands together in glee, and Anya's hands snaked out to gently grab his tie. "Martinel," Anya whispered softly, leaning in and pretending to adjust his tie, when she was sliding it tighter and tighter and placing one of her legs between both of his to keep him in place. "Do not call me Annie...my momma called me that, and only momma." As he started to turn a bit red in the face, security started to make their way over to their corner and he waived them off. "Good boy, Marrrrty." Anya let enough loose so he could breathe, but kept a hold of his tie and continued to smile her saccharine smile not giving a ******** who witnessed their conversation.

"Soooo, tell me, how much are you making tonight off this thing, luv?" As he held up five fingers, she whistled. "Well, seems to me you owe me a cut, I'd say 2 mil, minimum, or I choke you out right now, right here, and neutral ground be damned." As she increased the pressure again, he nodded frantically and she let go, smoothing his tie down and kissing him on his cheek. "Well now, that wasn't so painful was it? And next time, ask, okay? It won't cost you so much." Her hand caressed his cheek and then patted it, none to gently.

Anya stalked off to tell Leon what was going on and went up to the stage and to stay alert for a threat (since she would be in the open) where a full band had been set up. She conversed with them as Martinel came up on stage and put a mic in her ear, and one in his. "Well, well, ladies and gents. It's time for this shindig to begin!" As cheers were heard, the small sounds of the band warming up was going on in the background. "You'll all be pleased to know, our guest of honor, Miss Anya of the Black Queen, is here tonight to open this tournament! Also, do not forget tonight is neutral and all feeds are live in each room, if you want to play and watch at the same time, wink wink." The sorry s**t had the nerve to come and kiss her on the cheek as she bowed to the applause, and she gave him a look of hatred that was discreetly hidden under her lashes.

"Soooo, ummm, hey there!" Anya paused, gathering herself as this was the first time she had ever been in front of people other than her crew for a live performance. "My mother, and some of you knew her in this life, was a serious fan of classical Earth musicals and Marilyn Monroe." As a few appreciative glances were shared around the room, she continued. "So, this goes out to Momma, I love you." Anya's voice had gotten husky as she spoke of her mother, and all eyes were now paying attention as she held back her tears. As the band cued up, she looked in back of her, "Roll it out boys!" As the band started to play, Anya smiled and started to sing..."It was cold outside of Tiffany's. I was shivering in the storm. I walked in and asked a gentleman, Could I please keep warm?" Anya smiled a devilish smile and sang to every man in the joint in succession, all except two. Leon because it would be weird, and Graves, just to needle him. "He asked me "How come a baby doll has no comfy place to go?" So I told that kindly gentleman my tale of woe." Anya paused and winked, and there were whistles aplenty in the pause before the chorus. "Every baby needs a da-da-daddy, to keep her worry free. Every baby needs a da-da-daddy, but where's the one for me?" Her leg swung out and her dress flared as she walked the stage, "Rich or poor, I don't care who. If he hasn't got a million then a half will do." Anya winked then continued."Every baby needs a da-da-daddy....Could my da-daddy be you?"

A bevy of ladies came out to sing the following lines with her, and Anya was flanked by them onstage as they chimed in. "Every baby needs a da-da-daddy...With silver in his hair." At that line, she looked directly at Graves and licked her lips, as she lowered her eyes and then brought them back up, as if she was undressing him, as she got ready to finish the stanza, gesturing towards him. What could she say? She was an evil b***h..and in a worse mood than before...someone had to pay. "Every baby needs a da-da-daddy, who has some gold to spare. Some sweet softy who enjoys... bringing home his baby little diamond toys."Anya patted her leg where the blade resided, the one he had sent her, as he very well knew. "Every baby needs a da-da-daddy... In case she runs aground. Every baby needs a da-da-daddy, to keep her safe and sound. Yes I feel just like Red Riding Hood, cause the GTF wolves are in my neighborhood."Anya paused and wagged her finger at the men. "Every baby needs a da-da-daddy. Could my da-daddy be you? Could my da-daddy be you?" They finished with a flourish, and applause broke out as Anya did a curtsy and quickly, but not hurriedly, made her way off stage. As they opened the night, Anya made a signal to the bartender to keep her whiskeys coming, she needed them now.

"Dealer, let's start this game already." Anya grinned as she stacked her chips in their places and the cards started to fly.

BROADCASTINGno
BOUNTYn/a
WITH WHOMlots of chars and Npc's/color]
OUT OF CREDITS
song
User ImageUser Image

With ひ╄━ Anya, Sia, others.
Where ひ╄━ Hotel Bar
Thinking ひ╄━ Damn straight.
OOC ひ╄━

Leon was about to rip the damn piece of cloth in half when he felt Anya's hands take it from him and tie it quickly. He listened to her, managing to meet her eyes barely. She was right, he wasn't the only person who had a rough life, he still had all his limbs in tact at least. She ordered him to escort her and he cracked a small smile. Anya wasn't exactly the most coddling of people, but he knew she trusted him a lot. Enough to make him her body guard.

Luckily the drink was setting his mind at ease a bit so he followed her to the table, stepping forward to pull out her chair for her. Being chivalrous wasn't a bad thing in his eyes. His eyebrows raised as he noticed the gift moments after her. He was mildly concerned it was a trap but before he could do anything she had opened it up. A gift? He frowned, not really understanding who it could be from. He didn't know much of Anya's personal life. It wasn't any of his business after all.

Still, between her gaze and little "show" she apparently put on for some guy across the bar he suddenly remembered a name, and seeing his face once. Graves, or something like that. She had mentioned him a few times, but Leon didn't know what their relationship was like. He stared across the room at the man, sizing him up a bit. Graves looked incredibly tough, and some part of his mind really wanted to fight him. Not to the death, but a honorable fight in a ring. Leon hadn't had a legit fight in a while, outside of life or death struggles or sparring with Anya. He sighed, knowing it'd probably never happen. Hell, he didn't even know anything about the man. There was a chance he wasn't honorable at all and would just stab him when they started.

He was pulled from his thoughts when Anya told him to wait in place. Immediately he tensed up. Duty calls? It was his duty to protect her. He was about to protest when she already had left, to talk to some other guy. From what Leon could tell, she didn't like the news. In fact, she seemed to getting rather pissed. Leon was about to go over there, in case something happened when she returned.

She was singing? Leon's eyes widened. He didn't know she sang. Still, he nodded. He was supposed to be on high alert. Soon she was up on stage, doing her thing. God, did she ever not flirt with every guy in the room besides him? For being something of an older sister to him, she was a terrible example at times. Something caught his eye though, some guy hiding moving off to the corner of the room, while every other guy was fixated on the showing Anya putting on.

Quietly Leon made his way through the crowd, working towards the creep who seemed to be moving away from the sea of people. It was a hunch, but Leon had a strong gut feeling. He finally caught up to him, and put a hand on his shoulder, swinging him around.

Leon's eyes widened. The man had a small gun that must have slipped through security. He was trying to load it, as it seemed like a single-shot pistol, tiny and easy to hide. The memory of Leon's father being executed flashed through his mind and he felt rage boiling up inside of him. He was not going to lose another family member in a hotel tonight.

In a swift and practiced motion, Leon twisted the man's wrist, making him drop the gun to the floor. Then man's hand let out a painful crack and he ripped his hand free and brought up his guard for a fight. Leon's eyes narrowed in frustration. This man clearly had no idea what he was up against, and Leon wasn't going to cause a scene, especially during Anya's performance.. The man threw a punch but before it could connect Leon's own right arm had shot out and connected to the man's temple. The man crumpled on the floor in the dark corner of the room, knocked clean out. Leon picked up the man's tiny gun in passing, sliding it in his vest as he silently left the scene, no one aware of what had just gone down. He grabbed a cola from the bar on the way over wishing it could have been alcoholic but he wasn't going to disobey Anya tonight.

He patiently waited for Anya to get off the stage, once again holding her chair out for her as she sat down. He rubbed his wrist in slight pain, forgetting how much punching bone with your bare fist hurt. As the game started, when no one was paying attention he tapped her shoulder and slipped the gun into her possession. He figured it would be better not to leave it lying around, but Leon refused to carry guns on him. He hated them, and a hotel wasn't the spot he was going to get over his disposition of them. Plus he figured it was better to let her know someone had been after her than to hide it from her. She could do whatever she wanted with the gun, he just wanted it off his body.

▂▃▅▆█ ▂▃▅▆█ ▂▃▅▆█

Big Bookworm

12,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
User ImageUser Image

Seducing the two ladies at the bar, proved to be simple, but then he'd known they would be. Not really because he was all that, though he sometimes felt he was pretty damn good, but by their demeanor at the bar he knew they were both out for a good time tonight. Something that worked perfectly for his needs. Would be a good distraction considering being around this place for to long made him nervous on some levels, and he really detested crowds for any length of time; they were good to hide in, but the sheer amount of bodies made it difficult to keep one as protected at they should be, and was often an assassins dream situation. It was amazing how being in a crowd meant zero witnesses to the right killers.

Mentally sighing to himself he pushed the worry away, though he couldn't completely remove the tension now settling in his shoulders, but then who could blame him? If it was ever known who he was he was probably the one person in this room with the biggest bounty on his head, and he was even worth even more alive. He was the only one alive who could tell the GTF the whereabouts of the family he'd hidden from them, and Graves had no doubts they wanted to torture those whereabouts from him. If he had his way, this was a date he'd never show up for. Wasn't his idea of a good time after all.

Feeling a tug at his right ear he smiled and turned his attention to the dark blonde that had decided to nibble on his earlobe. Obviously she wanted some attention, which he had no problems with at all, though she would need to learn some patience as he didn't plan to leave just yet. Slipping his hand into the hair at the nape of her neck, he turned her head to the side with a gentle tug so that he could lean forward, and kiss the sensitive spot on her neck just behind her ear, before telling her softly, "Patience. We'll be going up to the room shortly." With one final kiss he leaned back and smiled at her before turning to the platinum blonde who was all but pouting now. Chuckling he did the same to her as he'd done to the other. It was at about that time he caught Anya stalking over to her boy, Leon. It was obvious she was pissed off about something. It took everything for him not to laugh out right when he learned the reason for her anger. Apparently she had been given the task of being the entertainment tonight, and Graves had no doubt she was getting a cut of the pay as well. Regardless, he was still surprised she was actually going to do this. The woman loved to surprise him.

Picking up his drink, he raised it to him lips preparing to settle in and enjoy the show, and froze at the mention of her mother. Looking down into his drink he felt the tension getting worse and quickly tossed back the contents in his glass in one swallow. It took a moment or two before he was actually paying attention to what she was doing up on stage, and he couldn't help but smile. To him it was as if she was pointedly ignoring him, which was fine by him and didn't sting his pride in the least. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed some strange movement considering the rap attention everyone currently had to what was going on stage. Spotting a man attempting to hide, his attention on whatever he was doing and not where it should be considering the situation. Shifting his attention to Anya's boy he was pleased when he saw that Leon had noticed this strange activity as well and was closing in. From his current position Graves couldn't see exactly what the man was doing, however it obviously wasn't good when Leon grabbed a hold of the mans wrist and snapped it, a sound Graves knew so well he almost swore he could hear it over the crowd.

Seeing the gun fall to the ground, Graves felt a momentary spark of anger. There wasn't any place that was truly a sanctuary for anyone, there would always be that one guy greedy for the credits they would destroy the peace just to get it. It disgusted Graves on many levels, and he really had no patience for that sort of behavior. Neither apparently did Leon, considering he went for the attack that would knock him out and not cause a bit uproar. This made Graves smile a bit, and also made him understand why Anya had him as her bodyguard. Honestly, he hadn't known what to think of the boy before other then he appeared young, which wasn't always a bad thing. Young people could at times be eager to do their job right, but sometimes they were to eager and undisciplined, often creating fights where none were needed.

A bit more relaxed, Graves turned his full attention back to what he really wanted to be watching; Anya. Just in time too it seemed as she finally turned her attention to him, singer a certain set of the lyrics just for him. He knew without a doubt that his pupils were fully slitted now, because at this point he was beyond turned on and if she gave him even the simplest of go a heads he'd happily snatch her off that stage and take her to his room; where it would then be his turn to do some torture of the pleasurable variety.

It wasn't until Anya was seated once more and her game started that Graves finally got up, collected his two ladies for the night and headed for his room. It was his turn to play a different kind of game, one that he enjoyed more then just about any other.

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

Two lovely blondes. Hotel Marquis > Bedroom | Mars A pirate loves their booty.

Stubborn Genius

14,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

User Image

The trip to mars was proving unbearable for Alister, but he remained calm, cramped inside a barely regulation-passing small pilot seat which had shoved the screens to monitor his condition and the charted route far too close for comfort. It was an unfortunate necessary precaution when you'd been long since pronounced dead, while having a shy of a two million bounty dancing over your head. No one ever said living a life after being betrayed by the GTF was easy, but to Alister it was a better alternative to death. Luckily an old business partner from Neptune had procured him this ship... Three fourths scrap-metal, one fourth nuclear meltdown-prone. But to be honest, it was just enough run down to not be of any threat to anyone nor be something worth stealing, or holding up to begin with. So it was the perfect combination. Or it used to be, the trip from Neptune to Mars was showing it's toll on the one-man vessel, and Alister was seriously questioning whether it would manage to breach the atmosphere and land safely on the pad. That questioning was soon coming to an end however, as Mars' body came into view from the dusty and whining screen.

Already the alerts were coming in droves, some not even in any language the elemental could understand or had learned throughout his travels. Had he not a death wish, and nothing to lose, he could have possibly been sweating sand at the moment. Thank the universe for that. The vessel was already giving in half way through, but it had at least managed to get into mars without any suspicion, and as he had already arranged for a private pad near the hotel he had little trouble with authority. And just as well, they probably would've laughed him out of the planet had they been there to see the condition his ship was in. Nevertheless, it was hovering over the pad now, somewhat weary as the fuel rods began to die out and a bent wing threatened to pull the ship into an aileron roll and crash, taking it's pilot with it. It was clear in Alister's eyes that he wasn't about to wait for that, and just as swiftly as he had opened the latch of the pilot cabin he tucked in to jump off with briefcase in hand onto the pad once he realized the ship refused to actually properly land, just in time to have it's threats made reality as it veered off to the edge and crashed into the ground. The workers were dumbfounded at first, but began to scramble shortly after to get a hose (not that the hunk of junk even had the efficiency to blow up, much less cause a fire) while a group came to his aid in making sure he had managed to get off unharmed.

He dusted himself off, adjusting his jacket as he smiled rather calmly and assured the workers that the scar had been there far before he even got on the ship to begin with. Pleasantly satisfied with having all his limbs intact, and that the suitcase, and a rather special package inside of his coat were both completely undamaged. Just as well, his special packaged may have softened the landing after he had jumped off, the elemental was sure. But that didn't matter right now, and so he tipped the workers generously in an unspoken agreement that this wouldn't be spoken of, before he was escorted through the bubble paths into the beautiful and rather high-end hotel structure. He aimed to stay here a bit, if all went well, but he didn't have to check in for his room for a while yet... And, what's more, if his intel was any good... The entire reason he had made this deathly trip to Mars to begin with should have been at the hotel already. He also had a good hunch about where they'd be.

-~-

The drink in his hand was going fast, at the result of him having gone so long without food or water during the entirety of his trip, but that didn't stop Alister from fully enjoying the show before him on the stage. To see Anya - the much adored star of "Queen's Bounty" - singing had definitely been a surprise, though a pleasant one at that. This was, of course, not why he was here... But it was who he was here for, along with a rather skillful individual who he shared a past with. He had spotted her like an eagle not too long ago, but she seemed rather busy with her fellow crew members... And it was not wise they learned of him until the time was right. However, now that she was alone, and the show had come to an end it was the perfect opportunity. Slowly gulping the entirety of what was left of his drink he sat up, taking grasp of his suitcase and casually walking towards the bar as he took up a seat to the left of the talented doctor. Setting the suitcase to his side.

"Nopales, if you please." he signaled the bartender in a calming tone, his empty glass raised, and before they could even offer any specials. He just wanted a refill, that was all. He waited a moment, placing the empty glass back down as he waited patiently for the bartender to come around with the fresh fruit, finely prepared. He slit the fruit open, finding the juice already prepared as he let it slide down in a gush into his drink. Taking another sip, he leaned back on the stool, taking a side-glance at his neighbor just to confirm. And with a smile, he turned his head so that the scar was visible, a simple poke from one of his fingers meant to draw her attention as he spoke "Remember me, Doc?" he spoke calmly, he clearly wasn't mad or looking to settle any kind of score. But it tickled the man, to greet her in such a fashion. He figured it was the best and fastest way to get her attention and to recognize him as fast as possible. After all, it had been while. Though without much hesitation, the man leaned forward again, rummaging inside his coat pocket rather quickly before taking out a small teddy bear, and placing it on the empty space next to her glass as he patted it's head, his eyes fixed on her. "It's been a while, it would have been rude of me not to come with a gift, of course." he began "I seem to recall..." trailing off for a moment before raising a finger as if finding the right words for such an old acquaintance. "Your son, he rather loved stuffed animals, i hope this one will suffice."

Location Hotel Marquis, Mars ⌘ Company Sia ⌘ Transformed N

User Image
                    / /i-Hua

Water, Li-Hua thought absently. Cold water. That should get the stain out. She had passed the officer as he was briskly pacing down the length of the hallway. Not with the barest of glances was she acknowledged. Li-Hua had gotten used to it. With slender fingers she held up a test tube against the light, peering at the liquid it contained before placing it back in its wooden rack. She was not even barely needed for the ship's daily functioning, and thus wasn't bothered with. It suited her. The woman reviewed the remaining boxes containing rock samples taken the day before, all waiting to be prepared, with a weary eye. She had been working steadily since the morning, yet hadn't made as much headway as she'd hoped to. Was it his own blood? On the other hand, it was to be expected that the process would be slowed down as circumstances aboard the GTF capital ship weren't ideal for labwork. Neatly tucking a tendril of slinky black hair behind her ear, Li-Hua let out a shallow sigh. She was tired. She needed a bath. In the past week she had pulled quite a few all-nighters, and it was catching up with her. He seemed so young. Pushing her chair away from her workstation, she stiffly stretched her arms above her head, slowly rolling her neck from left to right with a pained expression. That's right, she needed a hot, steaming ba-

The woman's doe eyes turned dark with the realization she only had a small, functional shower at her disposal. The one thing that kept it from befitting a prison was that it wasn't communal. Likewise sparse was the rest of her room: a hard bunk bed, sombre colors, the smallest of windows placed high on the wall. A far cry from the lush quarters at her disposal back at home. Home. Silently reminiscing, Li-Hua started tidying up, putting stoppers on tubes and corks on erlenmeyer flasks. Her bed, with the large silk headboard, hovering over the wooden floorboards, soft animal pelts draped across. The endless expanse of sky visible through the glass wall, looking down and out over the city. A myriad of clothes in subtle shades and fabrics, meticulously laid out in large wardrobes. Her parents, chatting and smiling at the breakfast table- Pausing in her movements, a dull ache began to throb inside of her ribcage, blooming in the veins surrounding her heart. She felt the plastic of the beaker warm against the skin of her hand, and the strand of hair slipped away from behind her ear, falling loosely over her face. It snapped her out of her reverie, and she hastily swiped it back over her shoulder, turning around to store the beaker away. It was unlike her to be so melancholy. Shutting off the lights, Li-Hua locked the door to her little make-shift laboratory. Navigating her way through the corridors of the ship, it once again struck her how she was naught invisible, seeming a ghost dressed in a labcoat, as people busily passed her by, their stern sight set firmly on some faraway objective. It was easy to start feeling superfluous. Yet Li-Hua knew herself comforted by the thought that her research had the potential to substantially improve the knowledge of life in the outer reaches of space, the influence of which would extend far beyond the ship she currently found herself on. Thus soothed, she calmly made for her room.

Once arrived, she blindly went through the motions of undressing before stepping into the shower. The hot water pummeling down on her was heaven to her sore body, and she allowed herself a moment to revel in it before quickly shampooing her long, ink-black hair. Water supply aboard was, after all, still limited. Having rinsed the soap from her person, Li-Hua gingerly stepped back into the cold. Intermittently singing a wordless tune to herself, she proceeded to take care of her hair and skin, pampering herself after several days of neglect. Another thing that was unlike her, self-neglect. Was she starting to lose her moorings, away from the earth's gravity? No. She felt as firm and sound on the inside as ever. But it is lonesome. Li-Hua was ready to admit this to herself now. Away from friends and family, she had not even a team to surround herself with. Thankfully there was a never-ending stream of work to drown in. What with the coordination of her lab, the obtaining and preparation of samples, the research, processing and reporting, Li-Hua hardly had a full day of rest ever since she took up her position. There was nothing she loved quite as much as her research, and no position offering quite as many exciting chances as being under the GTF's protection did.

But she did feel a little more solemn day by day, a little more dulled inside the ship's static environment and maze-like corridors. Just two more years, she told herself. Two more years, I can do that.

Finally she put on a comfortable, white silk shirt dress that flaunted her subtle shapes. Paddling about bare-foot in her room, she felt restless. The cold face of the young officer was floating in her minds eye. Why? Did he seem somehow familiar? Li-Hua couldn't quite grasp it, and it annoyed her. To distract herself, she grabbed one of the holographic 3D puzzles laying on the shelf above her bed. Plopping down on the mattress, she went about solving it, her forward-falling hair obscuring her face from view as it tightened with concentration. Only her rumbling stomach broke away her attention from the device a good while later, her eyes finding the digital clock on her bedside table. Dinner time. If I go now, I can perhaps finish those reports tonight... Li-Hua's lips pulled into a slight grimace. Who was she kidding? She hated paperwork. Pushing herself up from the bed and leaning over to slip on a pair of simple heels, the woman then got up to check her visage in the mirror and, after a moment's hesitation, dropped the puzzle inside the pocket of her dress before exiting the cabin. Her hair was still a bit damp, feeling fresh against her face, and she was wrapped in the cool flowery scent of lavender soap. Making her way towards the mess hall with a sense of practiced routine, she checked her watch for any messages or missed calls. None. Writing off the slightly hollow feeling in her abdomen as hunger, she entered the mess. Now, for a woman with a background as elevated as her own, Li-Hua's standards for food were surprisingly simple. As long as it had rice, she was satisfied. Her demands thus met, she shortly later sat down with a bowl of rice and steamed vegetables, a mug of tea and a package of yoghurt for dessert. Not in any kind of rush, and certainly not in the face of paperwork, she unhurriedly started picking away at her food with one utensil, using her other hand to slowly spin around the 3D puzzle, contemplating it's design.

The young officer and his blood-stained cufflink momentarily forgotten at last.

User Image

Place: GTF capital ship, mess hall. People: Random NPC crew. PS:

Shy Seeker

7,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
User Image
User Image
Current Alias:
User Image
                                                                  Perhaps it's i m p o s s i b l e
                                                                        to wear an identity
                                                                      without becoming
                                                                          what you p r e t e n d to be

tab The night started out the same as the last. She walked into the bar with the small strut she'd used as the first part of her charm. The black buckled knee-high heeled boots clicked against the floor as she stepped her way over to the bar. Her pirate styled beige blouse hung off of her shoulders delicately, one side dropping off her shoulder as she sat on a chair at the bar. Even though they were smaller compared to most women she'd seen thus far, the maroon colored corset she wore pressed her breasts a little higher making her cleavage seem bigger. Another trick apart of her charm. The bartender asked what she'd like. "A beer, please. Doesn't matter what brand, sweetheart," the blonde answered. The bartender returned a moment later, setting it down in front of her. She grabbed it, spinning around and off of the seat.

tab The man she'd come to meet was sitting at a corner table laughing with a group of other men. As she approached, he must've seen her make her way through the crowd because her waved her over to their table. With a sweet smile, she made her way to his side and he pulled her close, almost making the beer spill over the top. "Here ya are, baby doll," she said as she handed the drink off to his free hand. "How wonderful! She even got me a f*****g beer!" he exclaimed to the other men, as if he was amazed by this. The man took a swig of his drink and was beginning to say something to the other men when she felt him lower his hand down from her waist and tightened it a bit on her left cheek.

tab No, she wasn't a prostitute or escort, but she'd play the part for the night until she could get the man good and drunk so she could take him back to his room, have him pass out and then she'd take whatever was valuable in his pockets and whatever else inside the room that she could fit into her own pant's pockets. It all started when she met the man at another bar the previous night. It was by chance that they met and she found out that he had a lot of money so when they'd left the bar that night and when he passed out on the bed in his room, she'd taken whatever he'd had in his pockets and left. For some reason she didn't leave the town and the man happened to see her again buying some food in town and when he approached her she thought he might have known she had stolen from him so she was going to bolt, but then he told her that she should join him at the Hotel Marquis bar that night for a poker tournament. She was to be his "date" and with the amount of money he could earn from this tournament, there was no way she could resist accepting his offer. But lucky for him, if she hadn't been planning on stealing from him later on, she would've taken a glass from the table, smashed it against his head and walked out of the bar.

tab The man was tall, dark, and ugly. Not to mention fat. The luck she had with taking this man's money couldn't not dim the fact of his lack of a pretty face. But even though she couldn't stand him or his advances on her, she told herself to deal with it. Nothing, not even how she felt, was going to keep her from scoring big that night.

tab The night was still young when she had arrived and yet the man was a third of the way drunk already. How lame to already be drunk so early she thought to herself. It all seemed to drag on for far too long until she noticed movement on the stage. A man and woman had joined the band that had set up on the stage. Must be starting up the tournament with an opening act. All the men stared up to the stage as the man on stage began his intro. "Well, well, ladies and gents. It's time for this shindig to begin!" The band started warming up and cheers rang out amongst the crowd as the man continued. "You'll all be pleased to know, our guest of honor, Miss Anya of the Black Queen, is here tonight to open this tournament! Also, do not forget tonight is neutral and all feeds are live in each room, if you want to play and watch at the same time, wink wink." Good thing she wasn't planning on stealing from the man there inside the bar. She might've gotten caught what with all the cameras.

tab But that was the least of her worries. The captain of the Black Queen was there. Nikki would have to do her best to stay out of her sight. There was a bounty out for her and if she wasn't careful, she'd be caught and there was probably no way of getting out of it. The girl sighed and lifted her head up to hear the woman, Anya, who had joined the band on stage, start singing. She had a lovely voice and Nikki was sure she wasn't the only one who thought so considering all the awe struck men staring at her, including Nikki's so called date. The blonde paled in comparison to the beautiful and wonderful singing captain of the Black Queen. "I'm gonna go to the head," she said aloud to no one in particular.

tab Nikki was only a part of the way to ladies room when she noticed a man who had been sitting at the table with her was also walking around, but it seemed peculiar that he wasn't paying attention to Anya in the same way that the other men were. As she followed him with her gaze, this other guy, not much older then her, must've seen the man and the gun he was holding that seemed to appear out of no where. In a matter of seconds, the man fell to the floor knocked unconscious and the young man had his gun. Serves him right. He and the other men at that table seemed like pigs. In that moment she had those thoughts, Nikki caught a glimpse of a leather braided bracelet on the young man's wrist. She couldn't help but stare at that moment. It had to be a coincidence, but it looked exactly the same as one that she'd made for that someone a long time ago and the charm that was attached to it looked weathered but the same.

tab The blonde made her way through the crowd that had gathered around the poker tables and saw that the young man had slipped his way over to a table where Anya sat. "S**t..." she said so low no one could hear. I can't ask him if he goes near her...No, I have to, it doesn't matter the cost. Determined to know the answer, Nikki mustered her courage together and found herself in front of the male only a few seconds later. If he really was who she thought he might be, then signing was the way to go, but it had been so long that she was out of practice and even before then she hadn't known much. The girl decided to tap his shoulder, hopefully hard enough so that he'd turn around and notice her. When he finally turned around and looked down at her, she began. "Um...hi. I...uh...saw the leather bracelet you had and it reminded me of one I gave someone years ago. This is gonna sound odd, but...could I see it?" A blush of embarrassment crossed over her cheeks and she looked down. You look like a fool asking that...you haven't seen him in years. What makes you think he'd show up out of the blue NOW of all times?, she thought and let out a heavy sigh.

Scene : Mars - Hotel Marquis Company : Ugly man and more Thoughts : "Please let this night end quickly.." Puppeteer : Wooh for first Nikki post!
User ImageUser Image

With ひ╄━ Anya, Sia
Where ひ╄━ Table --> Floor
Thinking ひ╄━ NIKKI!
OOC ひ╄━

Leon was watching the card game with idle curiosity. Anya had taken the gun and complimented him on a job well done and he grinned a bit to himself. Every minute or so he'd look around to try and spot any strange aggression around the bar, but most people seemed to be focused on their respective games or the performance going on the stage. Still, Leon wasn't going to let his guard down.

Leon was watching Anya win yet another hand, one reason he learned never to gamble with her, when he felt the tap on his shoulder. He spun around quickly, his arms flying up into a defensive position, in case whoever was tapping his shoulder wasn't friendly. He was met with a beautiful blond hair girl. Still, the girl who was talking to him didn't seem aggressive at least. After a moment he actually registered what she said. His braclet? He brought his arm back a tiny bit. He was extremely protective of that bracelet. It was the only relic he had from the "younger sister" he had in his old adoptive home. This girl reminded him of her strangely.

Her blond hair looked the same. But there was no way in hell it was her, he had given up on being able to find her. Reaching out hesitantly he lifted the girls chin, just to confirm his suspicions. Her eyes were the same blue green he remembered so clearly. His jaw dropped as he stepped back, signing a name he hadn't signed in ages.

Nikki?

She seemed to recognize the name, and he noticed a necklace that she wore. It was the same one he had given Nikki when he had to leave her in the past. His eyes widened, it was her. Leon couldn't control himself, and in a moment he shot forward. He tackled her in a hug, stumbling backwards, but he managed to keep them from falling. He hugged her tightly, burying his head in her neck, tears streaming down his face. He missed her so much, she was the closest thing she had to family aside from Anya. He thought he would never see her again, he had no idea what had happened to her.

Reluctantly he took a step back. Nikki! I've missed you so much. What are you doing here? He signed quickly. He knew there was a solid chance she wouldn't understand the signing, but he figured the intent was rather obvious. He looked over to Anya, a light blush on his cheek from his sudden outburst. It wasn't very bodyguard like. But he could stop the grin that lit up his face as he looked back at Nikki. He signed her name again, just watching her reaction.

▂▃▅▆█ ▂▃▅▆█ ▂▃▅▆█

Big Bookworm

12,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
User ImageUser Image

The night was meant to be one series of events after another. Three to be exact. Two interesting, the third would end up nearly breaking her in the end. The first thing to happen came from Leon. She wasn't certain exactly what had happened in his past, she was never one to delve too deep... not anymore anyways. Despite not knowing she could tell a trauma when she saw one, and whatever this place; this environment, or whatever it was, held some sort of traumatic experience for him. Despite the fact he was neither her child, nor even a child in age anymore, the mother in her encouraged her to move into action to soothe him in some way. Gripping the glass she suppressed her motherly urges. Sia was grateful when Anya took matters into her own hands. Polishing off her recently filled glass, she waved at the bartender to keep them coming.

The second event to occur, this one completely shocking; so much so it almost took out the little buzz she was currently riding. Who could blame her though, it wasn't everyday someone witnessed their Captain singing up on stage. It stunned her so much that Sia actually forgot all about the drink halfway raised to her lips. Blinking a couple of times she just shook her head. The woman was something. Near the end of the song things got a bit more interesting as well she seemed to focus her attention on one particular white/silver haired individual. From her angle she wasn't certain who it was, but she had a pretty good idea. Between the body frame and the hair there was very little doubt this was Graves. While she'd never met the man personally of course, she was aware of who he was. She was also a little aware of Anya and Graves odd relationship... if you could call it that. Shaking her head slowly she couldn't help but wonder how their strange little game would end.

It was the third thing to happen, this one directly to her, that caused her to experience great distress. Kesia was probably on her fifth drink already, sixth if you included the part of one she had before Leon downed the rest of the contents. Her buzz wasn't what it should be after the surprise, she still maintained a bit of one. Thank goodness. Closing her eyes she propped her head on her right hand, her left firmly curled around her drink. Some of the tension in her was slowly ebbing out, but after that little spurt of motherliness she'd had to overcome Sia found herself struggling at keeping the memories at bay. No, don't remember. You won't make it through the night.

It took a great deal of effort not to attempt some sort of swaying or rocking motion. Some ignorant people often associated the movements with people that were mentally handicapped but in all honesty it was a calming thing. It soothed. Which being swayed by your mother when your a baby is a calming thing, so it makes sense that doing it to yourself was really just your attempt to be comforted. However, she did not need people looking at her strangely, nor did she need the bartender to stop giving her more drinks.

Sighing slightly she hesitated in taking another drink, sensing that someone had come to sit on the stool next to her. Just what Kesia wanted; someone to be all in her personal space as she was attempting to get s**t-faced. The b*****d.

By now a frown marred her brow line, but she didn't open her eyes and just continued to drink. The voice though gave her pause as it sparked some familiarity inside her mind, but she wasn't really certain why. The easy thing would be to simply look to confirm whether or not she knew the face that went with that voice, but for whatever reason she wasn't at all comfortable with doing that and so chose to ignore that niggling sensation and even half shifted her body so she was ever so slightly turned away from him. In the end though the man would not be ignored, something that became obvious when he decided to actually poke her and then ask if she remembered him.

Sighing, something she seemed to be doing a lot the last hour or so, Sia turned her head to look at the man. For a moment she froze, her eyes unblinking for a good few seconds before they seemed to blink rapidly seconds later. Starring at the scar that had been her one and only downfall in her whole carrier, she was almost tempted to get up and leave without a word. Before she could actually make that fantasy a reality, Alister was leaning forward a bit so that he had better access to one of his pockets, pulling out a adorably small teddy bear. The moment she saw it her eyes never left it as the bear was placed on the counter in front of her. While she did hear his words Kesia did not actually need him to tell her why he had brought her this teddy bear.

Almost like it had happened only hours ago she could remember, in vivid detail, the day that Alister had met her little boy. Unable to leave him home, doing things the natural way, she'd had him set up in the corner of her office surrounded by so many stuffed animals; some that even moved about like the real animal, and he'd been in baby heaven; happy as a clam, and if you even took one of his many stuffed animals he'd cry. If you put anything that wasn't a stuffed animal in some way he'd just baby kick it away and get fussy. He made it known to all he loved stuffed animals, and animals loved him. They and him were eerily calm around each other. His favorite stuffed animal, had always been the wolf. Kesia could vaguely even remember having a small conversation about that with Alister.

The small trembles started first and she placed her hands flat on the bar in a attempt to control them. It didn't really help however, especially when the dam broke and tears began to slowly stream down her face. Eyes now blurred she could barely see the teddy bear, which made her feel desperate. In an attempt to grab up the bear she knocked her drink over, but right now she didn't care. Burying her face into the soft fur of the bear she swallowed past the knot in her throat and began to sway ever so slightly. She didn't sob, but soft keening sounds of pain could just be made out. At this point it was obvious she wasn't even aware of the fact she was even in a bar, that Alister was still right there beside her. No, for her she was back on that day everything had come crashing down and all she wanted was to die with them.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

{ Hotel Marquis | Mars } { Alister } { My baby... }

Sparkly Hunter

User ImageUser Image

Ί own that
Ί owe that

Anya smiled as she watched Graves go, the man made her uncomfortable when he watched her anyway, and the shades made it worse. This would make it so much easier for her to do what needed doing, winning this poker thing. As she became engrossed, knowing Leon had her back as he had just slipped a gun into her bag, Anya blasted through players right and left. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned, Leon signing to her. Anya folded the hand and turned to him in irritation. She looked at the girl and knew who she was at a glance, they didn't give the Black Queen top billing for nothing! The girl had a bounty on her head, this Anya knew, and also for what. How in the hell was she an old friend?

Anya rose and took him aside, scolding him for being so distracted. She made a decision and nodded to herself, telling him to go ahead and go. He was too distracted to do his job properly, and she'd be fine. When he tried to protest, she held her hand up to him and ordered him to leave and take the runner and to also keep the girl aboard until Anya came in the morning. She'd deal with them both then and not before.

Anya sat back down and as her hand was dealt, another drink arrived. She looked up, and saw the man from earlier in the evening. He was a determined one, and smiled at her, much the way Graves did, but this was a bit different. It was tolerable and not so arrogant. Anya nodded at him and scribbled out a note to be taken to him, telling him to meet her at room 134. When he got the note, he smiled and nodded, leaving the bar. Well, Anya being who she was, decided to get serious about the game now, because she so needed a little fun tonight! As she took out all but the last player in swift succession, the crowd ooed and ahhed.

As the final hand was played, Anya threw down her royal flush which beat the man's four kings. He rose and told her she was a cheat and a ******** liar. Anya rose slowly and that left hand snaked out, quick as lightning and wrapped onto his throat. "I do not cheat. It's called skill, try it sometime, you ******** piece of s**t." As Martinel almost ran over to them, he being the pansy he was, told the man he had a free week on him, and they both watched as the man sulked off. Anya walked out to much applause and cheering, taking a bottle of whiskey with her. As she walked down the hallway to her room, she took sips and felt a pleasant lassitude come over her. The man was there, as expected, and as she approached him, he grabbed her and slammed her against the door to her room, kissing her soundly. "Well, aren't you a naughty one?" Anya purred to him as she opened the door and they all but fell into the room.

They made their way to the bed, clothes being tossed to the floor until their was nothing left to be discarded. As Anya was thrown onto the bed, he raised her arms and kissed her while his hands traveled upwards. Anya felt pressure on her wrists and heard two clicks. Where he had been hiding those was beyond her, but definitely he had skills. He rose up, still saying nothing, and smiled at her. "Ahhhh, kinky...I like it." He grinned and got up, putting on his pants and going to the door. As he opened it, Anya was a bit confused, as another man walked in. He looked as if someone had clocked him, and now she was fully alert under the veneer of playfulness she still had on her face. As they both came back, the door shut, and the first man told her why they were their and that the High Judge sent his regards. Anya was now angry, but kept her expression blank and then changed it to one of fear. They chuckled at her and made their way towards the bed. Her mind spun at the weapon choices she still possessed on her. Ahhh, yes!

As they approached, she whimpered in fear and turned away, placing her right leg in position. When they reached the side of her bed, she turned quickly and struck out, her foot connecting with both of their faces. As they fell back onto the floor, she raised up and used a hand to pull out a hair stick, using it to pick the lock on one of the cuffs. In less than two seconds she was out of them and standing on the bed as they started to get up. Anya grabbed the other stick out of her hair and jumped down, stabbing the already beaten man in the eye, pushing it all the way into his brain and killing him. As he went down the other came after her and she could tell he was more skilled. The fight began in earnest then, the two of them demolishing the room as they fought, and Anya finally got into a position that was beneficial. As she brought her leg around, she planted the flat of her right foot into his chest and extended her leg out, sending him clean through the door and out into the hallway. She watched, panting, as he slid down, dead or unconscious, she didn't give a rat's a** at this moment.

She heard security rushing down the hallway and Martinel was right behind them. Anya grabbed the silk sheet off the bed and wrapped it toga style around her. It was all she had on, along with her leather limb sheathes as she went out into the hallway, spitting mad. "Dammit Martinel! GTF! What the ********! Who do you have working here, monkeys?" As he started to whine and complain, she put her hand up and then to her hip for him to shut up. "Listen to me you little pansy-assed twit. You will clean this s**t up, find me a man who is to my taste, and have all that done in the time it takes me to walk down to the bar, get another bottle, and back to this point. If you don't find a man to replace that one, then tag, you're it!" Martinel's face blanched, as he knew her tastes and what a dominating partner she was, and it would be worse now that she was angry.

Anya stalked down the hall, muttering like a crazed lunatic about GTF bastards and how she needed to scrub her ******** mouth out. Her head snapped up, eyes ablaze with hatred, as someone called her that name, and damned if it wasn't Graves standing there watching her. "Do...not...call...me...that..." Anya ground out through her clenched teeth. She stood there in the bed sheet, but that was all she wore, which was right down formal considering the state of dress he was in. Did she notice it? Not yet, she was so angry he could have been green and yellow polka dotted and she would not have noticed.

BROADCASTINGno
BOUNTYn/a
WITH WHOMGraves
OUT OF CREDITS
lost my first post...damnnnnn

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers