Quit Smoking 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Quit Drinking 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Quit the internet. (lol why are you here?) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Getting a job (or a better job) 0.1 10.0% [ 2 ]
Going of a trip somewhere 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Other 0.5 50.0% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 20 ]
1 2 >

So as 2011 is around the corner, I ask you, person reading this. What's going to be your New Years Resolution?

Share and discuss. I curious to know what others are thinking.

Elder

User ImageI'm not going to drink...
Or at least, I'm not going to drink heavily.

Or if I do drink, not past my limit.

I'm done with puking everywhere, kthx.

OATH OF SOBRIETY.
To start getting my practice driving hours in so I can get my license.

Driving scares me >_<
To start interacting more with others. I tend to stay in my corner, but slowly trying to break out of that corner, and rush into the ball room.
to not shave my beard
To glare at anyone and everyone who mentions that stupid tradition to me until they feel awkward enough to either leave or change subjects.

Elder

Traumatized Dollie
To glare at anyone and everyone who mentions that stupid tradition to me until they feel awkward enough to either leave or change subjects.
User ImageNew Year's resolution is stupid?
HOW ABOUT MISTLETOE.

Or kissing at midnight?

I'd think those are a little more stupid. xd
(Fun, but stupid)
[Q]
Traumatized Dollie
User ImageNew Year's resolution is stupid?
HOW ABOUT MISTLETOE.

Or kissing at midnight?

I'd think those are a little more stupid. xd
(Fun, but stupid)
I find those stupid too.

New Year's resolutions are, the way I see it, just another way of saying "I'M SO GOING TO DO THIS!... But, ya know, not now..."
That's how everyone I know uses it, and it pisses me off that people actually do that. If you want a change, do it now, don't sit on your a** watching Netflix until the new year.

Elder

Traumatized Dollie
I find those stupid too.

New Year's resolutions are, the way I see it, just another way of saying "I'M SO GOING TO DO THIS!... But, ya know, not now..."
That's how everyone I know uses it, and it pisses me off that people actually do that. If you want a change, do it now, don't sit on your a** watching Netflix until the new year.
User ImageOh. Well, that's true. And slightly annoying, as well. But meh. Some lazy people isn't worth barring the entire 'tradition'. Some people take it seriously.

I don't take the whole resolution thing seriously, I just considered my own a goal. And I've been making good on it since Thanksgiving.

I ******** up on Christmas, but otherwise I'm doing good with that whole not passing my alcoholic limit thing.
[Q]
User ImageI'm not going to drink...
Or at least, I'm not going to drink heavily.

Or if I do drink, not past my limit.

I'm done with puking everywhere, kthx.

OATH OF SOBRIETY.

How long did it take you to figure out puking your brains out was a bad idea? For this is something that does indeed intrigue me. Especially since I know individuals that have been doing this for years. They get s**t faced, throw up their insides, and then b***h about it for the rest of the week until they do the same thing again. It generally amazes me how stupid people can be and how long it takes them to put a change in their behavior. I'm especially reminded of a friend I have that likes to get really drunk, starts a bunch of dramatic bullshit, apologizes and swears they're going to stop drinking only to be getting drunk the same night they made such a pledge. People, huh?

My resolution is and always has been to not die for the next year. So far I've been doing pretty good, haven't really had any mishaps.
- Lose more weight. I don't really have to but I'd like to.

- Keep up with the exercise routine I've been doing so I can stay toned.

- Don't eat junk food.

- Stay away from cigarettes.

- Get an actual job.

- Try and stay in school regularly.

Elder

Venomous Vexation

How long did it take you to figure out puking your brains out was a bad idea? For this is something that does indeed intrigue me. Especially since I know individuals that have been doing this for years. They get s**t faced, throw up their insides, and then b***h about it for the rest of the week until they do the same thing again. It generally amazes me how stupid people can be and how long it takes them to put a change in their behavior. I'm especially reminded of a friend I have that likes to get really drunk, starts a bunch of dramatic bullshit, apologizes and swears they're going to stop drinking only to be getting drunk the same night they made such a pledge. People, huh?
User ImageUhhh. Well, I'm in the Navy and currently forward deployed (meaning we're on the ship all the time and are deployed 90% of the time at a moment's notice). So everyone drinks.

I was drinking before I came to the ship. Off and on since I was about 18 years old (I'm 23 now). But aside from one bout of minor alcohol poisoning, I drank responsibly and almost never passed my limit. Then this last deployment, I was trying to out-drink this guy who was way out of my league in Hong Kong. I was so far gone I couldn't walk, blacked out, passed out in my shop on the ship and didn't wake up until 6am the next morning. The marines that I work with in my shop took care of me. I had fallen asleep with a puke bag. It went downhill from there, mostly because I was tired of being called a lightweight so drank passed my limit on purpose in order to try and impress them.

Then we hit Japan (this is my home port) for christmas leave. On christmas, I went out and didn't realize I had passed my limit (odd, since usually I'm very aware). My boyfriend pulled me away from the bar so I'd quit drinking.
Almost same thing happened as in Hong Kong-- I started puking my guts out, blacked out, fell asleep with a barf bag.

I think what really solidified this being a bad life choice was the fact that drinking so much had made me broke (and I'd never had a problem with money before) and something I said while I was blacked out.

For a while, I had this trend of being sexual with pretty much everyone after I get plastered. Just kissing normally. Then I ******** one or two guys, and I needed to reign myself in, which is why I started to drink less.

But on Christmas, my bf said I said this:

"[barfs] You can do whatever you want, if you want. I mean like, sex. [barfs] No really, I don't care."

.... Yeah. I can believe I said that. It makes sense that I'd say that, I guess. I am just.
Wow. What if I had been with someone else that wasn't so nice and accommodating? And didn't care that I was puking everywhere. =[

So it's less so the alcohol itself so much as what I do when I'm blacked out.

Sorry for the tl;dr.
Well, last year was to lose weight,
and I lost 4 stone since then.
Though I'm still "at risk of being over-weight"
so I guess mines the same as last year.

Oh, and to get a new job,
considering my last one was only a Christmas Temporary.
[Q]
User ImageUhhh. Well, I'm in the Navy and currently forward deployed (meaning we're on the ship all the time and are deployed 90% of the time at a moment's notice). So everyone drinks.

I was drinking before I came to the ship. Off and on since I was about 18 years old (I'm 23 now). But aside from one bout of minor alcohol poisoning, I drank responsibly and almost never passed my limit. Then this last deployment, I was trying to out-drink this guy who was way out of my league in Hong Kong. I was so far gone I couldn't walk, blacked out, passed out in my shop on the ship and didn't wake up until 6am the next morning. The marines that I work with in my shop took care of me. I had fallen asleep with a puke bag. It went downhill from there, mostly because I was tired of being called a lightweight so drank passed my limit on purpose in order to try and impress them.

Then we hit Japan (this is my home port) for christmas leave. On christmas, I went out and didn't realize I had passed my limit (odd, since usually I'm very aware). My boyfriend pulled me away from the bar so I'd quit drinking.
Almost same thing happened as in Hong Kong-- I started puking my guts out, blacked out, fell asleep with a barf bag.

I think what really solidified this being a bad life choice was the fact that drinking so much had made me broke (and I'd never had a problem with money before) and something I said while I was blacked out.

For a while, I had this trend of being sexual with pretty much everyone after I get plastered. Just kissing normally. Then I ******** one or two guys, and I needed to reign myself in, which is why I started to drink less.

But on Christmas, my bf said I said this:

"[barfs] You can do whatever you want, if you want. I mean like, sex. [barfs] No really, I don't care."

.... Yeah. I can believe I said that. It makes sense that I'd say that, I guess. I am just.
Wow. What if I had been with someone else that wasn't so nice and accommodating? And didn't care that I was puking everywhere. =[

So it's less so the alcohol itself so much as what I do when I'm blacked out.

Sorry for the tl;dr.

Well at least you realized the error of your ways and actually wanted to change your behavior.
Though the last bit reminds me of one of my buddies. On his 21st he got real drunk, and at one point he was on all fours with his head against a wall puking, and said something along the lines of "I need to ******** something. Find me something to ********." and then proceeded to do a utilize a pelvic thrust whilst puking.

And well, to put it out there I'm the floor/house manager for my fraternity so I've had to deal with a lot of drunkard bullshit. I get to observe people's behavior week after week, and it's kind of pathetic when it never changes and yet they rant, rave, and give all this grief about how they should never have drank that much.
I also detest when people try to use being drunk as an excuse. Let's see, one of my (fraternity) brothers was plastered and was just pulling a whole lot of bullshit while I was trying to take care of a much more serious situation. The next day he was like "Hey, sorry about last night, I was pretty drunk" to which I replied "That would be cool if that was the first time you did something like that.. If you know that's how you are when you're that damn drunk maybe you should change something." He got pretty flustered about that. It's just something I'll never understand I'd imagine.. Hopefully they grow up eventually.
My dad's an alcoholic, but at least when he gets wasted he goes right to sleep.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff