Welcome to Gaia! ::

Can we do really do it?

Yes 0.83070866141732 83.1% [ 211 ]
No 0.16929133858268 16.9% [ 43 ]
Total Votes:[ 254 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

dramallama
The best way, I've found, to stop smoking cigarettes is...
TO STOP COLD TURKEY!
Stop bullshitting yourself thinking you can just wean yourself off them.

3,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

3,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
epona93
The best way, I've found, to stop smoking cigarettes is...
TO STOP COLD TURKEY!
Stop bullshitting yourself thinking you can just wean yourself off them.
xp

3,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The Ninja Dan39
evil
evil

3,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-iiiPandaz-
dramallama
stare

3,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-iiiPandaz-
redface
sweatdrop

3,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

3,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The Ninja Dan39
talk2hand
confused
...if you haven't been able to quit yet, go see the Bodies Exhibit...the section with corpses of cigarette smokers will show you just how horrifying and disgusting your habit is. Trust me, it's a lot worse than black lungs. What was that about a pack of cigs taking months off of your life...? Try remembering that.
RWThunder
...if you haven't been able to quit yet, go see the Bodies Exhibit...the section with corpses of cigarette smokers will show you just how horrifying and disgusting your habit is. Trust me, it's a lot worse than black lungs. What was that about a pack of cigs taking months off of your life...? Try remembering that.

I think it's more like 15 years actually ;o

For instance, my mother peaced out before 40 due to the ********' things. ******** up enough is that's actually the reason I started smoking in the first place. Wanted to 'go the same way' (I was immediately addicted of course). Young and stupid. Still am, but less so -_- Hopefully..

Regardless, I've come to my senses (almost 6 years later), and I know she wouldn't want me smoking. It's been 2 days since I've had even a drag of a cig. Cold turkey is how to do it, otherwise with weaning down you'll be mildly torturing yourself for days, as apposed to intensely in spurts but done after 72 hours. Well the physical part, at least.

Not only am I curing myself and saving money, I am also fighting the man. ;D
Presently I haven't even the slightest urge for a smoke.

note: whyquit.com helps me get my mind distracted when I'm craving bad. It puts quitting in many different perpectives, besides the sheer shock and tragedy it can leave behind. Sad but cigarettes are so addicting that the memories of watching my mother wither wasn't enough to get me to stop.
Rypanda
RWThunder

I think it's more like 15 years actually ;o

For instance, my mother peaced out before 40 due to the ********' things. ******** up enough is that's actually the reason I started smoking in the first place. Wanted to 'go the same way' (I was immediately addicted of course). Young and stupid. Still am, but less so -_- Hopefully..

Regardless, I've come to my senses (almost 6 years later), and I know she wouldn't want me smoking. It's been 2 days since I've had even a drag of a cig. Cold turkey is how to do it, otherwise with weaning down you'll be mildly torturing yourself for days, as apposed to intensely in spurts but done after 72 hours. Well the physical part, at least.

Not only am I curing myself and saving money, I am also fighting the man. ;D
Presently I haven't even the slightest urge for a smoke.

note: whyquit.com helps me get my mind distracted when I'm craving bad. It puts quitting in many different perpectives, besides the sheer shock and tragedy it can leave behind. Sad but cigarettes are so addicting that the memories of watching my mother wither wasn't enough to get me to stop.

It's an absolute s**t storm trying to give up smoking. I've smoked for about 5 years, I gave up once for like 3 months... and for reasons I probably can't explain now, I'm back on them again. Meh, I'll probably give it another bash in a month or so. But you are right, your better off just giving up straight, rather than using stuff to gradually take yourself off it, which I've always considered the worst way to try and give up. Why prolong it right?

But well done mate! Keep it up yeah!
If you think about it this way: you acually crave/withdrawl/suffer more often during the day when smoking, compared to trying to quit/not smoking. No more lighting up thinking "I should quit".

whyquit.com is inspirational. takes all the thoughts I've ever had on smoking and expands them, reminds me. s**t works. check it out, legit. I feel like I just found jesus, metaphorically, of course. ;p

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff