Welcome to Gaia! ::

Amateur Detective

35,390 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bookworm 100
Nope, not even a little.

I am a firm believer that Sakura, like most of the kunoichi, are good characters handled badly by Kishimoto. He likes to keep them Damsels in Distress, even though they are highly trained and capable elite warriors who can kill a normal man in the blink of an eye and leave no evidence or witnesses.

He either makes them more danger prone for his favorite guys to come to the rescue and look badass even though canon informs us the girls are more than capable of defending themselves, or he just does everything to keep them out of the fray and/or spotlight to keep the focus on his favorites.

The only main character I can see myself hating is Sasuke. I don't, but there are ******** assloads more reasons to hate Sasuke than there is to hate Sakura.
A Dose Of Bad Medicine
fancynancy11
A Dose Of Bad Medicine
I can't say that I hate her, but don't really like her either. I mean, what is to like about her? I hadn't read the manga in awhile, so things could of changed but at best she is just another Tsunade (Tsunade is awesome, but we don't need another one/a clone. Sakura needs something of her own) and at worst, she relied too much on others even though she is a ninja and has a big part in the series. Healer or not, I still expected a lot more from her and not just monstrous strength. She is supposed to be smart and be good a genjutsu in theory because of her chakra control and knowledge and I expect her to show and use those skills and knowledge more and get over Sasuke after he tried to kill her. Like I said, it's been awhile since I read the manga, so things could of changed (though I doubt it; I sort of gave up on the series). If was for others on multiple occasions, she would of been dead for now (in fact, she technically should of died during that fight with Sasori. I felt it was more of a cop out really).

As her personality, it leaves much to be desired. Out of all the rookies, especially the girls, I was more impressed with Ino and her taking control of her team and trying to keep them strong and together. She always had confidence.

You must not like Naruto or Sasuke either, they are just clones of Jiaraya( Naruto) and Sasuke( Orochimaru) /sarcasm

actually, Sakura has show her smarts many times... the only area she is weak on, is the heart. ( she fall for the wrong guy, so sue...) rolleyes

Not really. Actually my favorite characters were often from Kiri and Kumo mostly. You shouldn't go making assumptions as it often makes you seem foolish when they are false.

What's the point of this if you are just going to be sarcastic? They asked and I answered. So it isn't something you like. Not everyone is going to agree obviously. Sakura showed book smart. but lacking in other areas. And fare more just falling for the wrong guy. confused
where did I claim they were your favorites? I said you must hate them because they are clones too.
What else has Sakura lacked in? Other then normal flaws of course...

8,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
she is.....ok......

Invisible Humorist

jamilee-nicole
Nope, not even a little.

I am a firm believer that Sakura, like most of the kunoichi, are good characters handled badly by Kishimoto. He likes to keep them Damsels in Distress, even though they are highly trained and capable elite warriors who can kill a normal man in the blink of an eye and leave no evidence or witnesses.

He either makes them more danger prone for his favorite guys to come to the rescue and look badass even though canon informs us the girls are more than capable of defending themselves, or he just does everything to keep them out of the fray and/or spotlight to keep the focus on his favorites.

The only main character I can see myself hating is Sasuke. I don't, but there are ******** assloads more reasons to hate Sasuke than there is to hate Sakura.

Tenten will become a badass

Ruthless Capitalist

12,000 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
A Dose Of Bad Medicine
If was for others on multiple occasions, she would of been dead for now (in fact, she technically should of died during that fight with Sasori. I felt it was more of a cop out really).

Yes, it is true that Sakura is a copy of Tsunade in terms of abilities.
However, the majority of other characters are carbon copies as well.
Gaara- Fourth Kazekage (the only difference is sand and gold)
Lee- Guy
Ino-Inochi
Hinata- female version of Neji
Neji-Hiashi
Chouji-Choza
Kiba-Hana
Shino-Shibi
Tenten-every other ninja

Technically, if it wasn't for Sakura, many other characters would have died.
Now, technically, it was not a cop out for Sakura during the fight with Sasori.
Sakura created the antidote for Sasori's poison. Granted, Chiyo did help her maneuver during fight with charka strings; however, her actions would have been pointless if Sakura was cut without the antidote.

Lonely Lunatic

14,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I like Sakura as a character. Or rather, I don't have any reason to dislike her. She's a little bit shallow and kinda lame, but she's really just a minour character, so no need to get all picky. I think her relationship with Ino is really cute and she's probably one of the better female characters. She's been there since the beginning and she's come a long way from tha start, so you gotta love her for that. I'm jealous of her though... she got to put her hand on Naruto's heart. I WANNA DO THAT emotion_donotwant
I definitely don't like narusaku as a pairing though. Sakura never earned Naruto's love. He loved her from the start, but she only saw past her shallow crush on sasuke when Naruto became the hero of konoha. I just... I dunno, I still think Hinata is a better match for Naruto because she's always loved him for who he was, where as Sakura seems to find some superficial trait and cling to that (sasuke's 'good looks' emotion_puke and naruto's 'power').

Meh, say what you will, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and this is mine. I like sakura and I admire some of the things she's done, but I do see where people could dislike her. I don't think its worth all the rage. The end emotion_yatta

Distinct Genius

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
i actually admire her the way she is now
it took me until the war to completely stop disliking her tho
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff