8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
bittersweet music
naruhina?

and the ******** battle begins once again

Can we not?

can we just talk that Karin x Naruto would have perfect babies.

User Image
User Image
User Image

and I want naruto to end with another character that we never expected to.
I think the battle of Hinata and Sakura has been gone to far, I prefer if he just end with no one or with a random kunoichi/non-kunoichi

...but they're both Uzumakis. They're like, sorta closer relatives than everyone else.

Magnetic Gaian

9,175 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Wealthy Player

25,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Over Easy 100
  • Gaian 50
heart I am definitely pro Naruto/Hinata heart

mrgreen

Kawaii Shounen

Tiggette
bittersweet music
naruhina?

and the ******** battle begins once again

Can we not?

can we just talk that Karin x Naruto would have perfect babies.

User Image
User Image
User Image

and I want naruto to end with another character that we never expected to.
I think the battle of Hinata and Sakura has been gone to far, I prefer if he just end with no one or with a random kunoichi/non-kunoichi

...but they're both Uzumakis. They're like, sorta closer relatives than everyone else.

they're not family, even though is from the same clan.
is like Uchiha and Hyuuga.

including inuzuka, aburame, nara, yamanak etc...

they are clans, that are under the same village

Quote:
A clan (一族, Ichizoku; Literally meaning "family), in the loosest sense of the term, refers to a family or group of shinobi who form a basic unit of a shinobi village

Membership in a clan is usually determined by blood relations and genetics, which is vital in the usage of kekkei genkai and secret techniques.

is not incest, Hinata and Neji, they are cousins, so yeah they are from the same clan and
also family member.

Aged Sex Symbol

Tiggette

Just because they're distantly related doesn't make it wrong. If nobody married within the clan there would be no clans.

What the ******** is up with this logic? So far I've only encountered it within the Naruto fandom. How do people think kekkei genkai came to exist/continued existing in the first place?

Invisible Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
SS_ShitStorm
Tiggette

Just because they're distantly related doesn't make it wrong. If nobody married within the clan there would be no clans.

What the ******** is up with this logic? So far I've only encountered it within the Naruto fandom. How do people think kekkei genkai came to exist/continued existing in the first place?

The logic that marrying relatives isn't exactly smiled upon a lot of the time? For health reasons. At least in western society, which are the one's thinking it's weird.

Usually that happens by carrying on the name through the male relatives, I mean isn't that tradition? Maybe there's some part of Japanese society having some inbreeding that I don't know about.

By the way, I don't mean that in a negative connotation. I mean, we're all related some ways back.
naruhina biggrin

High-functioning Sleuth

I used to ship Hinata and Naruto, but lately..... I don't know, I just don't see them together anymore. Now I see Kina and Hinata together. I don't know who I want Naruto with anymore. Maybe Sakura? See keeps him in line and I think he likes it when she gets rough wink

Aged Sex Symbol

Tiggette
SS_ShitStorm
Tiggette

The logic that marrying relatives isn't exactly smiled upon a lot of the time? For health reasons. At least in western society, which are the one's thinking it's weird.

Usually that happens by carrying on the name through the male relatives, I mean isn't that tradition? Maybe there's some part of Japanese society having some inbreeding that I don't know about.

By the way, I don't mean that in a negative connotation. I mean, we're all related some ways back.

It's not even "the west", most royal families and clans inbreed to some extent. If they all married outsiders, it wouldn't be a clan. Especially in Naruto, where certain clans have jutsu that are transmitted genetically. Why do you think the Hyuuga not only have the byakugan, but all look similar? You don't get features like that by constantly marrying outsiders, there has to be some inbreeding.

And male heirs aren't always available. Sometimes the former leader only has daughters, and in order to preserve the family name they have to intermarry.

Invisible Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
SS_ShitStorm
Tiggette
SS_ShitStorm
Tiggette

It's not even "the west", most royal families and clans inbreed to some extent. If they all married outsiders, it wouldn't be a clan. Especially in Naruto, where certain clans have jutsu that are transmitted genetically. Why do you think the Hyuuga not only have the byakugan, but all look similar? You don't get features like that by constantly marrying outsiders, there has to be some inbreeding.

And male heirs aren't always available. Sometimes the former leader only has daughters, and in order to preserve the family name they have to intermarry.

Well yeah, royal families in Europe were notorious for inbreeding, and the byproduct of that is usually why people frown upon it now. Too much of it increases the probability of your kid having a couple screws loose. I mean, biologically humans need some genetic diversity.

But that's a whole other subject aside from culture. But uh, it's not impossible to keep traits without inbreeding. If that logic were flawless there'd be no blue and green eyes today. You don't need to inbreed to have a kid with your traits... granted, the chances would be slimmer the farther you branched, and I guess I see the logic there.

Of course, with royal families, I see no upside to inbreeding. Unless you're trying to keep something genetic going you're just playing with fire for the sake of having some fictitious "pure" blood.

Aged Sex Symbol

Tiggette
Well yeah, royal families in Europe were notorious for inbreeding, and the byproduct of that is usually why people frown upon it now. Too much of it increases the probability of your kid having a couple screws loose. I mean, biologically humans need some genetic diversity.

Too much inbreeding usually leads to genetic defects, but the risk is very often overstated. The offering of two perfectly healthy cousins is mostly likely going to be as healthy as a child born from two unrelated people. It's in the cases of inbreeding over several generations where the birth defects come into play.

Quote:
But that's a whole other subject aside from culture. But uh, it's not impossible to keep traits without inbreeding. If that logic were flawless there'd be no blue and green eyes today. You don't need to inbreed to have a kid with your traits... granted, the chances would be slimmer the farther you branched, and I guess I see the logic there.

Not impossible, but the farther you get from the source the more diluted the genes would get. In a clan that was defined by an advantageous genetic anomaly (Byakugan, Sharingan, etc, etc), they'd likely only want to outermarry when necessary so the kekkei genkai wouldn't disappear. (I seriously doubt kekkei genkai genes are dominant)

Quote:
Of course, with royal families, I see no upside to inbreeding. Unless you're trying to keep something genetic going you're just playing with fire for the sake of having some fictitious "pure" blood.

Plenty of cultures place high value in preexisting bloodlines. There's usually no tangible benefit to this, I'll give you that, but that doesn't stop that preference from being there. They only upside I can think of would be (again) if the only heir was female and she could marry a cousin, thus keeping her name)

Invisible Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
SS_ShitStorm
Tiggette

Too much inbreeding usually leads to genetic defects, but the risk is very often overstated. The offering of two perfectly healthy cousins is mostly likely going to be as healthy as a child born from two unrelated people. It's in the cases of inbreeding over several generations where the birth defects come into play.

Quote:

Not impossible, but the farther you get from the source the more diluted the genes would get. In a clan that was defined by an advantageous genetic anomaly (Byakugan, Sharingan, etc, etc), they'd likely only want to outermarry when necessary so the kekkei genkai wouldn't disappear. (I seriously doubt kekkei genkai genes are dominant)

Quote:

Plenty of cultures place high value in preexisting bloodlines. There's usually no tangible benefit to this, I'll give you that, but that doesn't stop that preference from being there. They only upside I can think of would be (again) if the only heir was female and she could marry a cousin, thus keeping her name)

It's a culture thing, and the only thing wrong with it is that too much close inbreeding isn't genetically beneficial. And with a clan that is known for it's trait, that would be a case of long-term inbreeding.

Dedicated Gawker

Ayame from the ramen shop. Just cause.

Glyf's Queen

Savage Sweetheart

LovelyHolic
Ayame from the ramen shop. Just cause.
This. She'll never have to hear complaints about her cooking. ;'3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash