Welcome to Gaia! ::

In my opinion, Hinata.
LOL what? Someone said Naruto himself is useless? You do realize he is the hero of the story right and has done a lot. Uh, he trains just to fight and get stronger and is willing to risk his life to save people he cares about. Without him there, there will be no story that or it would become completely about Sasuke instead.
Choji. He has NO significant role whatsoever.
Ebisu. Or whatever his name was
Tonton -_______________-
To the Sakura arguement, I wouldn't say she's useless but more as a waste of a character. She has the intelligence and the strength to be a good character but she falls back on depending on others, especially when it comes to Sasuke. To me the only time that she has proven to me as a likable character is when she was able to heal Kankuro and defeat Sasori but before and after those two events she hasn't done really anything but b***h or cry.
Amaya Noriko
To the Sakura arguement, I wouldn't say she's useless but more as a waste of a character. She has the intelligence and the strength to be a good character but she falls back on depending on others, especially when it comes to Sasuke. To me the only time that she has proven to me as a likable character is when she was able to heal Kankuro and defeat Sasori but before and after those two events she hasn't done really anything but b***h or cry.

User Image
fancynancy11
Pretty Cure Fire
ShiN J1N

i hate that most female characters in Naruto are useless.... emotion_donotwant
one character that is often put in that list is Haruno Sakura, but she is not a useless character
she has proven herself in combat when she fought against Sasori
you may say it's because she was under Chiyo-ba's control, but hey, in the latter part, she
was alone in the battle even surviving a katana stab that went all the way through her stomach
proving her excellent medic ninja skills which may even surpass Tsunade's in the future
so next time you try and put Sakura in the list you're wrong
She's still useless.

didn't you read the OP? give a reason please, you didn't disprove anything she said, your just looking butthurt.
explain how her one day surpassing Tsunade, and beating Sasori, not to mention tricking Sasori when she beat that Kazekage puppet was "useless"?

not to mention everything else she did.. rolleyes
Beating only one strong enemy doesn't prove her being useful. She won that fight by luck and the stupidity of an enemy not by skills and what else she did was useful...? about almost to nothing.

O.G. Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Kiba.... i like his character but they make him not important and same goes for shino.

Aged Gaian

10,625 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Feeder 50
xx Cookie-Boots xx

-Shino... what did he do again?

A lot more than most the other characters.
He's considered a lot more useful than most the other characters.

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

Clover Blossom
xx Cookie-Boots xx

A lot more than most the other characters.
He's considered a lot more useful than most the other characters.

If Shino didn't exist, would the story be much different?

600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Timid 100
xx Cookie-Boots xx
Alright, let's examine "uselessness".

-Ino played a pivotal role in taking out the Kin/Gin brothers
-Zetsu provided intel on all the battles ever to Tobi and created a clone of Kisame so they could capture Yamato (though that wasn't the initial aim xD)
-Sakura killed Sasori
-Choji took down Zombie!Asuma.
-Tenten used that Bananafan. Didn't do much, but it was awesome.
-Hinata... what did she do again?
-Kiba... what did he do again?
-Kurenai went in the kitchen.

So, in a nutshell: Team 8.
Every single one is useless.

Seeing as how Team 8 happen to have abilities used for reconnaissance they are not useless they are, in fact, useful. They also, like most other characters, happen to be underused.

Kiba was useful in the Rescue Sasuke arc, as it was his job to let the others know if they were being followed or if there were any traps. He also had a part in tracking Sasuke's whereabouts for Sakura when she wanted to kill him. I'm also sure he had a part in finding Itachi during the Eight Squad search for Itachi arc.

Hinata isn't really a character I care about, so my memory of her is limited. I do find her to be far Naruto-centric. Which is a shame. However, she does have a 10 kilometre vision range and having such vision is, in itself, useful.

It's interesting that you remember and note that Ino had an important role in taking out the Kin/Gin brothers, but seemed to have forgotten/ignored that Shino had an important role in finding out how Tobi's teleportation ability worked. It was also noted by Kakashi that secret clan techniques, such as the Aburame, are useful in finding out about unknown techniques. He also happens to come from a clan who controls insects that feed on chakra. In case you've forgotten, chakra is a very important part of being a shinobi.

Every single character is useless depending on the situation or task. Also, don't think that 'cause they have a highly useful ability they are not useless. If they don't have the will to use said "useful" ability, they can be counted as useless.

Most of the people replying to "who is useless" topics don't seem to know the actual meaning of the word.

xx Cookie-Boots xx

If Shino didn't exist, would the story be much different?

He's a side character. He plays the role of extras who make up the story. That question has nothing to do with being useful or not.

Greedy Capitalist

Usefulness is measured in what you do when you're needed, or when you can be of use.

For example, Sakura is a better Medical Ninja than anyone other in the Sand Village, but she's useless as her only major healing was done on Kankuro, whose even more useless than her because his only time in the spotlight was when he failed to save Gaara. He never redeemed himself.

But anyway, a shitload of characters are useless because their skills are not taken into consideration for the plot.
Kiba and TenTen. talk2hand

TenTen doesn't do anything but whine.
Cholix-chan
fancynancy11
Pretty Cure Fire
ShiN J1N

i hate that most female characters in Naruto are useless.... emotion_donotwant
one character that is often put in that list is Haruno Sakura, but she is not a useless character
she has proven herself in combat when she fought against Sasori
you may say it's because she was under Chiyo-ba's control, but hey, in the latter part, she
was alone in the battle even surviving a katana stab that went all the way through her stomach
proving her excellent medic ninja skills which may even surpass Tsunade's in the future
so next time you try and put Sakura in the list you're wrong
She's still useless.

didn't you read the OP? give a reason please, you didn't disprove anything she said, your just looking butthurt.
explain how her one day surpassing Tsunade, and beating Sasori, not to mention tricking Sasori when she beat that Kazekage puppet was "useless"?

not to mention everything else she did.. rolleyes
Beating only one strong enemy doesn't prove her being useful. She won that fight by luck and the stupidity of an enemy not by skills and what else she did was useful...? about almost to nothing.

If she didn't beat Sasori, what would happen? Sakura was the one that made the antidote, saved Kankuro and a number of other people, and inspired Naruto even more to try and save Sasuke. She's one of three main characters, I'm pretty sure that she isn't useless.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff