Welcome to Gaia! ::

Using a scale of art/animation, music, or how the animation works with the music, what are your favorite Naruto Openings, from the original Naruto to Shippuden?

Warning: I'm just going to gush a lot about the openings I love, but please explain what your favorite openings are as well. Gush and squee with me!

Also, I wouldn't link to any videos on YouTube unless it's the official channel to the MV. I'm not sure how the copyright thing works on Gaia, so do it at your own discretion.

Based on animation alone, I really liked Yura Yura, since I thought the silhouette of Naruto practicing hand-to-hand combat was really fluid (like it was rotoscoped), and I thought the choreography when he was sparring with Lee was really cool. The song by itself was a little boring, but it kinda worked with that opening.

On music alone, I really liked Silhouette, but I thought part of the animation felt out of place. Like, the part where they tried adding a little bit of humor where Naruto freaked out killed the mood of the song. I still love the animation, but it didn't get me hit me emotionally as much as my favorite opening (although I really liked the transitions of Madara, Obito, and Naruto growing up to the people they are now.

My absolute favorite would have to be Sign. I'm extremely biased because this arc made me bawled like a baby. Everything (pardoned the pun) flowed so well, the animation was so good it felt like I was watching a movie! I'm super attached to Jiraiya, so that one scene where we see Jiraiya closing his eyes always gets to me. My favorite part of this opening is that one episode where Naruto finds out about Jiraiya's death, Shippuden 153 I think?) where Naruto yells at Tsunade for letting Jiraiya go and he walks down the hall and we get to see a short flashback of Jiraiya holding the ice cream behind him, and then it cuts to the opening! I rarely see any anime do a scene that flows into the opening, so that's why I loved this opening so much.

I'd put Closer as my other choice, but I could only chose one favorite

Profitable Sex Symbol

13,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I haven't watched the anime in a while. I'm more of a manga person... But like, I don't know if it's still the song, but it was the one used during the time when Obito was basically turned semi good. He was being forced by black Zetsu to use that Justu to bring Madara back. Uh... It had... Idk. It was an uppity song though.
I think Blue Bird is an awesome song.

Aged Sex Symbol

This ******** stole my heart years ago.

YOU AHH MAH FREIIIIIIIIND AAAAAH HABINGA NOOOOS BODAA

It's so homoerotic that it actually makes a full circle back to heterosexual again. THIS is what they should be showing at the pray away the gay camps. I still have to fight off a seizure every time I see the male body in any state of undress after this.

Profitable Sex Symbol

13,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
SS_ShitStorm

It's so homoerotic that it actually makes a full circle back to heterosexual again. THIS is what they should be showing at the pray away the gay camps. I still have to fight off a seizure every time I see the male body in any state of undress after this.

The guy singing that song sounds like he has a speech impediment.

Kawaii Shounen

HEROES COME BACK YO, that was such a
pumped up opening. Blue bird was nice, but closer is
another opening that I liked very much (the arc where asuma dies)
and last one is hotaru no hikaru. I actually loved it.
(opening 1,3,4 and 5, best songs)
bittersweet music
HEROES COME BACK YO, that was such a
pumped up opening. Blue bird was nice, but closer is
another opening that I liked very much (the arc where asuma dies)
and last one is hotaru no hikaru. I actually loved it.
(opening 1,3,4 and 5, best songs)
Is it strange that I think the original naruto had better openings in terms of quantity? I remember a lot more of the original opening than shippudens. But when shippuden puts out quality, they play hard.

Eloquent Informer

I've always been partial to Fighting Dreamers,
probably solely because of this.

Aged Sex Symbol

Itachi -ox
SS_ShitStorm

Probably does. That's how you get signed in Japan.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Blue Bird, Distance, Size of the Moon, Yura Yura, Namikaze Satellite, and Newsong
distance (shippuden op2) in terms of visuals,
newsong (shippuden op10) for the song and the animation bc theyre both super cute,
totsugeki rock (shippuden op11) bc it grew on me and kinda pumps me up
niwaka ame ni mo makezu (shippuden op13) bc the video and song are beautiful and it makes me feel

basically all of pre-ts naruto had good openings but namikaze satellite is my favorite bc when i first started naruto it was on toonami and that was the opening at the time

Eco-friendly Bear

Heroes Come Back is definitely my favorite.
I think it set up the "second half" of the series really well. I always got excited whenever it played so I was FREAKING PUMPED to be Naruto trash. Plus, it's catchy as hell. I'm going to listen to it right now.

7,100 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Itachi -ox
SS_ShitStorm

This song....my gosh...what a train wreck of a song. My ears bled.

I loved Blue Bird because it was such a catchy tune and the lyrics was amazing.

Tōmei datta Sekai because the opening of Jiraiya writing a story and we see Naruto and Nagato and co.

Size of the Moon had a bit of a retro sound to it so I liked that one.

And then Crimson Lotus, Silhouette and Wind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff