Ruthless Capitalist

12,000 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
satanic hymn

Well, (spoiler for the movie)
        Naruto and Hinata are married.

But before that, I did assume they were all married.
        In the panel Sakura was shown cleaning, there was an Uchiha symbol near her, which could imply that she and Sasuke live together.
        Shikamaru and Temari seemed married as well, as they were both in the same house.
        As for the others... I don't know.

Granted, Naruto and Hinata are married. but you don't need to be married to live together or have kids.

Aged Sex Symbol

Young King under Heaven
SS_ShitStorm
Young King under Heaven
SS_ShitStorm
Young King under Heaven
SS_ShitStorm
They're probably not married.

Kushina and Minato did not marry. Kurenai and Asuma did not marry. Marriage seems to remain a clan-exclusive phenomenon and unless stated otherwise I'm going to assume no one else bothered.

Yeah, I don't understand where ideas like this come from

Because the two couples that got the most screen time never got married.

Kurenai and Asuma were unmarried, but are I've never heard explicitly that Kushina and Minato were unmarried. Also, that still doesn't lend any credibility to the "marriage is a clan only thing"

A SHIP IS SAFE IN HARBOR,
BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT SHIPS ARE FOR.

Welcome to BetterGaia.
Need help? See our thread and visit BetterGaia.com.

Kushina kept her maiden name. I think that's a pretty good indicator she never married Minato.

The only married couples that had any screentime were from clans (Shikamaru's parents, Sasuke's parents, etc)

Okay, but it's never been never been said that Yoshino, Mikoto or any of the other women were born into those clans. It's likely they married in. Plus, we have Mito and Hashirama, who were from separate clans and married. Also, in Chapter 500, Kushina says she and Minato were married.

Both Yoshino and Mikoto had psychical traits of their clan, especially Mikoto, as she resembled an Uchiha in both hair style, color, and eye color.

I don't recall Kushina saying they were married but I don't actually want to look it up so I'll give you that. I find it very strange she kept her last name though, and that they decided to give Naruto her maiden name instead of Minato's.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
SS_ShitStorm
Young King under Heaven
SS_ShitStorm
Young King under Heaven
SS_ShitStorm

Kurenai and Asuma were unmarried, but are I've never heard explicitly that Kushina and Minato were unmarried. Also, that still doesn't lend any credibility to the "marriage is a clan only thing"

Welcome to BetterGaia.

Kushina kept her maiden name. I think that's a pretty good indicator she never married Minato.

The only married couples that had any screentime were from clans (Shikamaru's parents, Sasuke's parents, etc)

Okay, but it's never been never been said that Yoshino, Mikoto or any of the other women were born into those clans. It's likely they married in. Plus, we have Mito and Hashirama, who were from separate clans and married. Also, in Chapter 500, Kushina says she and Minato were married.

Both Yoshino and Mikoto had psychical traits of their clan, especially Mikoto, as she resembled an Uchiha in both hair style, color, and eye color.

I don't recall Kushina saying they were married but I don't actually want to look it up so I'll give you that. I find it very strange she kept her last name though, and that they decided to give Naruto her maiden name instead of Minato's.

Minato said that Hiruzen wanted to hide the fact that Naruto was his son for his protection, so I assume he gave him the Uzumaki name for that reason. As for Kushina, my guess is that she either kept her name out of respect to her obliterated clan or she did change her name, but refers to herself as Uzumaki so Naruto (and/or the readers) will understand where that name came from.

Aged Sex Symbol

Young King under Heaven
SS_ShitStorm
Young King under Heaven
SS_ShitStorm
Young King under Heaven
SS_ShitStorm

Welcome to BetterGaia.

Minato said that Hiruzen wanted to hide the fact that Naruto was his son for his protection, so I assume he gave him the Uzumaki name for that reason. As for Kushina, my guess is that she either kept her name out of respect to her obliterated clan or she did change her name, but refers to herself as Uzumaki so Naruto (and/or the readers) will understand where that name came from.

That's a pretty good theory but you're assuming just as much as I am.

I don't see the problem.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
SS_ShitStorm
Young King under Heaven
SS_ShitStorm
Young King under Heaven
SS_ShitStorm

That's a pretty good theory but you're assuming just as much as I am.

I don't see the problem.

Perhaps, but I think saying marriage is exclusive to clans is a bit more of a jump than trying to fill in the blanks about Naruto and Kushina's surnames

Greedy Capitalist

Well, if this is feudal era, then it's assumed that marriages and couples are out of power and skill, as opposed to actual love.

Hardly anybody actually crushes on anybody else in the series. There's Asuma and Kurenai, and Naruto/Sakura and Sakura/Sasuke and Ino/Sasuke and Ino/Sai and Obito/Rin and Rin/Kakashi and Jiraiya/Tsunade.

But that's about it, which isn't a lot when you look at all the characters there are in the series.

Shy Seeker

iKarnezar
Well, if this is feudal era, then it's assumed that marriages and couples are out of power and skill, as opposed to actual love.

Hardly anybody actually crushes on anybody else in the series. There's Asuma and Kurenai, and Naruto/Sakura and Sakura/Sasuke and Ino/Sasuke and Ino/Sai and Obito/Rin and Rin/Kakashi and Jiraiya/Tsunade.

But that's about it, which isn't a lot when you look at all the characters there are in the series.
true

Shy Phantom

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
  • Divine Donator 100
All I have to say is that >>

THE LAST MOVIE OMG OMG OMG

Time-traveling Doll

39,175 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
It is possible that both Minato and Kushina wanted to keep their last name. I would not surprised if that was what they both wanted.

Lunatic

Excuse meeee, on the last chapter NO ONE HAD rings but when Asuma died they showed a ring on Kurenai's ring but of course, if Kishimoto was just lazy and forgot the rings lol.

Fallen Seraph

12,115 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Team Moira 200
More like all the saltiness in the world is clouding eyes.

Newbie Noob

1,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
wat? Asuma's daughter is Mirai Sarutobi. I think this is proof enough that they were married..

Kushina definitely kept her maiden name to honour her fallen clan.

All pairings shown in the epilogue are married. The thing is... live in relationships are never potrayed in the manga. Especially if they have kids.

There is no reason to believe that the paired characters( any of them) were unmarried.

And I think saying Salty just makes you look childish. It does not help you in debates.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff