Who cares? I'm just voting for the lulz. 0.4875 48.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 80 ]
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 >

Friendly Citizen

22,600 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Okay folks. I need to talk to you guys about the whole "Tobi is Obito" theory and my feelings about it. I personally believe that Tobi and Obito are two separate people, and I'm going to prove my point, with some help from Narutopedia.

According to Narutopedia:

Quote:
When Obito pushed Kakashi out of the way of a falling rock, his right side was crushed.

Tobi's right side shows no sign of trauma resulting from a crushing blow. His Sharingan in his right eye is present and functional. Those of us who read the manga would know this.

You: "Well, Kakuzu may have given Tobi a new right side like what he did with Deidara's arms."
That may be a good point, but Kakuzu is no medic. He wouldn't be able to replace the vital organs Obito lost when he was crushed.

Another thing:

Quote:
On the few occasions where Tobi's face has been partially uncovered, it can be seen that he is elderly, as might be noted from his pronounced under-eye bags and creases, as well as has bandages covering his forehead.

Key word here: "elderly". If Tobi was really Obito, he'd appear to be the same age as Kakashi, and we all know that the two are peers and teammates. We also know Kakashi is in his late 20's to early 30's, and therefore not elderly.

You: "Obito may be alive still. Remember when Gaara died? He was brought back. What's to stop Obito from coming back?"
Again, another possible point. However, Gaara died when the Shukaku was extracted, and Chiyo was there to give her own life to save him. Chiyo wasn't there to do the same for Obito. If she was, who'd save Gaara? It was also noted that Chiyo was the only one who could perform the jutsu she used to save Gaara.

Quote:
…and having the upper part of [Tobi's] mask broken.

When Konan broke Tobi's mask, both of his Sharingan are revealed. We all know that Obito gave his left eye to Kakashi shortly before he died. If Tobi was Obito, the left Sharingan would be missing.

You: "What about the black spiky hair that both Tobi and Obito have?"
That may be a mere coincidence. A lot of characters have spiked hair in a range of colors. That fact does nothing to prove or disprove the theory.

The amount of damage Obito suffered is a lost cause. No medic, no matter how skilled, would've been able to save him. In the manga and anime, near the end, we see the cave collapse even more, crushing Obito completely. Both Kakashi and Rin were there when it happened.

Feel free to discuss this. I'm open for all of your opinions. Thank you for at least taking the time to read this post and voting in the poll.

[Edit] I am now hereby closing this thread by saying "congratulations" to those who supported the "Tobi is Obito" theory; Chapter 599 revealed that Tobi and Obito are indeed one and the same. You were right. The answers to any questions will most likely be revealed in Chapter 600.

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
naruto ultimate ninja storm 2 shows that tobi is madara look it up its pretty true number two madara in manga number 50 even explains to the kages that he is uchiha madara and since madara has even been mentioned in the manga#50 tobi is madara my opinion neutral
I have no opinion right now, I'm just going to wait and see. Although, I'm pretty sure Tobi is just 'posing' as Madara...correct me if I'm wrong.

Profitable Sex Symbol

13,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Also, Tobi faught Naruto's dad at the time of the nine tailed fox attack.
At that time Obito would be 14 or so. The man who faught Naruto's dad was obviously a grown man.
This pretty much makes the Obito theory wobble a bit.
emotion_awesome
Tobi might be a long lost Uchiha clan member...why i think that is, look at the eye. Even though it is just a mask, he has the uchiha eye thing going on...tho he is not working it very well xp
I do NOT believe Obito is Tobi. To those who think he is needs to seriously look at the facts and use some logic. Haha.

I've heard theories that it's Shisui Uchiha, but even that seems a little far-fetched. (Only because he would be roughly the same age as Itachi, and we can see that Tobi is a fully gown, man.)

I've also heard that he could be one of Uchiha elders that we have gotten brief glimpses at throughout the story, but then suddenly disappeared... (I can't remember his name, though.) But it would put him in the right age group.
well actually i think he's shisui at this point, there's alot of backup information for that that i used to have... but forgot it all sweatdrop

Seeker

Miss Slenderman
I have no opinion right now, I'm just going to wait and see. Although, I'm pretty sure Tobi is just 'posing' as Madara...correct me if I'm wrong.
I can't believe it. No one's said the obvious?

The original Sage of Six Paths, the very person who captured the Juubi and split them up into nine separate entities upon his 'death' should be Tobi.

Why, you ask? Who would be a more impossible villain other than the God of Shinobi? He probably has some jutsu in which he can bring HIMSELF back to life, or perhaps used his 'death' as a ploy just to make people forget about him. Honestly, letting his sons bicker and fight was something that was destined to happen. That's why he wants Sasuke and Naruto to fight, because they each hold the will of the fire/Uchiha's hate.

Then he'd control everybody with Tsuki no Mai.

Friendly Citizen

22,600 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Prince Hyperion
I can't believe it. No one's said the obvious?

The original Sage of Six Paths, the very person who captured the Juubi and split them up into nine separate entities upon his 'death' should be Tobi.

Why, you ask? Who would be a more impossible villain other than the God of Shinobi? He probably has some jutsu in which he can bring HIMSELF back to life, or perhaps used his 'death' as a ploy just to make people forget about him. Honestly, letting his sons bicker and fight was something that was destined to happen. That's why he wants Sasuke and Naruto to fight, because they each hold the will of the fire/Uchiha's hate.

Then he'd control everybody with Tsuki no Mai.

Whoa. I've never even considered that possibility. However, I do see something wrong with that. The Sage saved the world from the Ten-Tails and chose his second-born as his heir, since the latter believed love was the key to peace. Tobi, on the other hand, shows no sign of that philosophy. Also, Tobi never addressed the Tailed Beasts by name, not even to the beasts themselves. The Sage did, seeing as he's the one who gave them their names in the first place. I just don't see why the Sage would go through all that trouble to split the Ten-Tails only to try to put it back together for the Moon's Eye Plan.

@ Miss Slenderman: You're right. Tobi's just posing as Madara, and did so effectively enough to start the Fourth Great Ninja War.
Nice rebuttle! xd

That does seem like a lot of work, I know. But just as a lot of characters were swayed to good or evil, maybe the Sage was also. Maybe he saved the world from the beasts only to discover that they were used as weapons. So it would be kind of like God saying "okay, you guys had your chance. Now you all get to be controlled, way to go." Maybe Tsuki no Mai is his way of 'righting his wrong'. He saw that the tailed beasts would bring destruction upon humanity anyway, so he decided to take away the freedom of everyone to save everyone's life.

As far as the tailed beasts go, maybe he doesn't refer to them because he sees them as his sin, so he is almost ashamed of them. Idk, it's kind of a stretch. BUT IF I'M RIGHT, then you know Kishimoto would finda way to explain it. xD

Friendly Citizen

22,600 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Again, another good point. However, according to Narutopedia:
Quote:
With the tailed beasts, [the Sage] seemed to care for them a great deal, such as giving all nine of them a name as a sign of who they are. He told them that no matter how far apart they are, they will always be together and someday be led down the right path. All the tailed beasts show they deeply care for the Sage, such as Son Gokū showing respect towards him and a young Kurama sheding a tear over when he won't be around for much longer, suggesting that the beasts viewed the Sage as a father-figure.

The Tailed Beasts all hold Tobi in contempt. If Tobi was really the Sage, it would be like the Tailed Beasts lost their respect toward him. Another thing is, there is no way the Sage would've known the Tailed Beasts would be mistreated and used as tools. Even he wouldn't have been able to predict the future to the tee.

8,100 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bidding War 100
My theory is that Tobi is Izuna, Madara's younger brother.

There's a little clue I think in Chapter 490 after Kabuto resurrects the dead Akatsuki. Here's the quoted dialogue from that scene:

Tobi: "You want to join forces... What's in it for me?"
Kabuto: "You're planning to start your war very soon... I can bolster your fighting power: With Itachi, Sasori, Deidara, Kakuzu, and Nagato."
Tobi: "What do you want in return?"
Kabuto: "I need Sasuke to answer my questions. A fragile, living Uchiha."
Tobi: "And what if I say no?"

At this point, Kabuto resurrects someone else who is later revealed to be the true Madara. Tobi shows fear at seeing Madara's face.

Tobi: "Th-that's..."
Kabuto: "Did you really think I'd extend my hand without a back-up plan? You cannot refuse me!"
Tobi: "You madman... How did you do this?"
Kabuto: "Oh you know... Anyway you can relax. I haven't told a soul."

So at that point we can pretty much assume that Kabuto does in fact know who Tobi is, and that Tobi has some kind of relationship with Madara which makes Tobi fear him. When Izuna was younger, Madara stole his eyes so he could have Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan. Wouldn't that make him have some fear for his older brother? I don't know, that's my reasoning.

4,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Jacob 100
FUZZYPANDA IV
naruto ultimate ninja storm 2 shows that tobi is madara look it up its pretty true number two madara in manga number 50 even explains to the kages that he is uchiha madara and since madara has even been mentioned in the manga#50 tobi is madara my opinion neutral
it cant be madara because kabuto revive him with the "Immpure world resurrection technique"

Friendly Citizen

22,600 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
dark-spirited Bakura
My theory is that Tobi is Izuna, Madara's younger brother.
…[W]e can pretty much assume that Kabuto does in fact know who Tobi is, and that Tobi has some kind of relationship with Madara which makes Tobi fear him. When Izuna was younger, Madara stole his eyes so he could have Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan. Wouldn't that make him have some fear for his older brother? I don't know, that's my reasoning.

One problem with your theory: Tobi has both eyes, and we've seen pictures of Izuna dead long before Tobi was even introduced. And another thing, Tobi's reaction may have been merely surprise. We don't know. And if it was Izuna, don't you think he'd be blind? Those of us who read the manga and/or watch the anime know that Tobi isn't blind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff