Welcome to Gaia! ::

What's Naruto?
I shall now quote something someone said in the Wikipedia Talk page about the Akatsuki Page. :/

Quote:
"Alright, I'll clear this up for the people who are clueless as to Japanese. I am no expert, but I am taking the JLPT and I have studied Japanese and act as an amateur translator. What Tobi says exactly is:「写輪眼の本当の力が・・・このうちはマダラの力が 」Which in roumaji transliterates to "Sharingan no hontou no chikara ga...kono Uchiha Madara no chikara ga." Which in English literally means: "The Sharingan's true power...this/that, Uchiha Madara's power." Now, I and other amateur translators suggested on the forums where this Japanese was discussed that it meant he was referring to the "power of Uchiha Madara" which meant the Sharingan or something like that. However, expert translators and native Japanese have said that the "kono" which is usually used as a demonstrative adjective for "this/that (object)" is used sort of as a pronoun in reference to himself (a supervillain way, some translators said as when Zabuza said "Kono Momochi Zabuza" to refer to say "I am Momochi Zabuza" wink and his power. And the translation has been looked at over and over again by experts in Japanese and that seems to be the general consensus. So, wisen up and accept the translation!"
^ yea people on NarutoFan have been discussing those last words of Tobi to death. So far all the translators have confirmed that Tobi was referring to himself as Uchiha Madara. Even the translator that came up with the translation that confused a lot of people admitted that he was referring to himself.

Hilarious Friend

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Any new rumors on the upcoming Naruto chapter?

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
mario1
What's Naruto?

You're kidding, right?
ChiRoTae169
mario1
What's Naruto?

You're kidding, right?
*face vault* gonk

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kuritomo Hikari

I heard there wasn't going to be a chapter this week but rather 2 chapters next week...

2,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
Kalio
ChiRoTae169
mario1
What's Naruto?

You're kidding, right?
*face vault* gonk
*twitchtwitch* Gah? J-Just go read the manga... I suddenly feel a little sick...
Maybe this has been said before, not sure...

In light of the new chapters online, I find I rather...like the idea of Tobi as the true leader. It also is believable, if completely unexpected!

I also like that it looks from that like Tobi almost has two vastly different "personalities". One being the formal-speaking, goofy "good boy" who wanted to please everyone around him, and the other the rather arrogant, sharingan wielding "Uchiha Madara"

With Tobi pulling the strings from the background while there's a Figurehead leader it leaves him open to be amongst the Akatsuki on a lower level, gathering information or simply learning.

Mmm...once again if I'm reiterating anything that's been said. I'm new to the thread.

Hilarious Friend

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Kaiser Khronos
Kuritomo Hikari

I heard there wasn't going to be a chapter this week but rather 2 chapters next week...

A few weeks ago, there was supposed to be a double issue... Hm...
I dont think a double issue mean that we get two chapters. I think it means we get the same chapter twice in a row, or something.
Kaiser Khronos
Kuritomo Hikari

Eh, interesting, They said there wasn't gonna be a chapter last week two weeks ago and look....we got a chapter.
Maybe we'll get a capter next week, too. xd
| サスナル Forever |

Wow... when did we hit 100 pages???

Anywho, I think we will get a chapter this week... or at least we better... things are getting to interesting.

| サスナル Forever |

Hilarious Friend

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Hey, Moogle-chan.

I really hope that we do get another chapter this week. I want to see Tobi unmasked, darn it!

*Eyes animated Deidara plushie*

Now this is getting freaky. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas