Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Friend

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Could they use Wood Release? I mean, Yamato has it in his genes, so... Would that work?
Tsuande's grandpa is Hashirama. Can Tsunade use wood style?

Friendly Friend

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Yes Sequitur

Well, Tsunade hasn't shown ANY Nature Releases at all. So, even if she COULD, she clearly hasn't tried or learned to do so. Not doing something is different from being unable to do something.

My point is, she probably can, but not without proper training/learning. Like how Yamato had Hashirama's scroll from Danzo that helped him learn.

Aged Sex Symbol

I thought Orochimaru experimented on him with Hashirama's genes until he could use wood release.

I don't think it's a latent ability like Haku's was.

Magical Lunatic

SS_ShitStorm
I thought Orochimaru experimented on him with Hashirama's genes until he could use wood release.

Exactly. Its artificial. Yamato and a thousand kids were spliced with H-cells. I bet the procedure turned Yamato sterile anyway.

Friendly Friend

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
DOROHEDOROBRO vIh
SS_ShitStorm

Exactly. Its artificial. Yamato and a thousand kids were spliced with H-cells. I bet the procedure turned Yamato sterile anyway.

Artificial or not, it's still in his genes, so it can be passed down, just like any other genetic mutation. I mean, I know Naruto isn't big on logic when it comes to science (Especially DNA), but genetics are genetics. Whether or not he's sterile is never confirmed, but that isn't my point.

((Also it was 50 kids who had the experiment done, 49/50 died or turned into trees or something. Yamato was the only survivor of the experiments and escaped.))

Friendly Friend

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
SS_ShitStorm

Orochimaru just put Hashirama's DNA in a bunch of kids and then sat back and watched what happened. That was the only part of the experiment; the injection. Yamato was the only one who didn't die or turn into a tree or some s**t.
Which means that only Yamato's DNA was compatible with Hashirama's (this sounds like a bad fan-fiction, but then again so does most of Naruto), so, he can use the Kekkei Genkai. It's in his genes. How it got there is irrelevant; It's in his genes, so it should be able to be passed down.
i should mention that i am not a professional and haven't taken any genetics class since my sophomore year of high school, so everything i say about genetics should be taken with a grain of salt

Aged Sex Symbol

Crook-Kid
DOROHEDOROBRO vIh
SS_ShitStorm

Artificial or not, it's still in his genes, so it can be passed down, just like any other genetic mutation. I mean, I know Naruto isn't big on logic when it comes to science (Especially DNA), but genetics are genetics. Whether or not he's sterile is never confirmed, but that isn't my point.

((Also it was 50 kids who had the experiment done, 49/50 died or turned into trees or something. Yamato was the only survivor of the experiments and escaped.))

Given Kishimoto's understanding of genetics, you're probably 100% right.

He can spend the rest of his life inseminating lusty oaks and tsundere birch trees but (un)fourtunately Kishimoto doesn't care enough about Yamato to give him the opportunity to reproduce so we'll never know.
Crook-Kid
Yes Sequitur

Well, Tsunade hasn't shown ANY Nature Releases at all. So, even if she COULD, she clearly hasn't tried or learned to do so. Not doing something is different from being unable to do something.

My point is, she probably can, but not without proper training/learning. Like how Yamato had Hashirama's scroll from Danzo that helped him learn.

The answer is simply "no". She admitted to not having the same kekkei genkai as her grandfather to madara during her fight with him.

Friendly Friend

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Yes Sequitur
Crook-Kid
Yes Sequitur

The answer is simply "no". She admitted to not having the same kekkei genkai as her grandfather to madara during her fight with him.

She's also only like 1/4 Senju, so there's that. It's likely that you'd have to be full-blooded, or at the least half, to use a Kekkei Genkai, especially one like Wood Release.
Crook-Kid
Yes Sequitur
Crook-Kid
Yes Sequitur

She's also only like 1/4 Senju, so there's that. It's likely that you'd have to be full-blooded, or at the least half, to use a Kekkei Genkai, especially one like Wood Release.

Hashirama is the only senju ever to have wood release. Its a special trait that belongs in his own genome that is not hereditary. The only other people would could use wood release are people that have his DNA like Yamato who was grown in it and Madara when Kabuto gave him some of Hashirama's cells.

Friendly Friend

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Yes Sequitur
Crook-Kid
Yes Sequitur
Crook-Kid
Yes Sequitur

Hashirama is the only senju ever to have wood release. Its a special trait that belongs in his own genome that is not hereditary. The only other people would could use wood release are people that have his DNA like Yamato who was grown in it and Madara when Kabuto gave him some of Hashirama's cells.

Or it's a recessive trait so it just so happened that none of his direct descendants inherited it. There's no reason to say it can't be passed on just because it wasn't passed down. That's like saying "I have blue eyes, my wife has brown eyes, and our son has brown eyes." and making the conclusion that it was 100% impossible for the kid to have blue eyes in the first place. Hashirama's wife didn't have Wood Release, so there was a 50/50 shot of their kids being able to use it (ignoring the fact that they most likely couldn't use it without Hashirama's training/scroll). Wood Release was clearly recessive, and therefore they didn't get it. Tsunade's chances of getting it would be even lower. I see no reason why you say it's completely impossible for it to be passed down at all.

As for belonging to his genome, that's my exact point. Anything in a parent's genes has at least a small chance of being passed down to the child (including genetic birth defects (not stuff like FSA, that doesn't alter the genes of the parent)). In this case, Yamato has it in his genes, and therefore has at least a chance to pass it down.

You're wrong on another thing, too. Yamato wasn't grown in Hashirama's DNA, he was simply injected with it after being captured by Orochimaru around the age of 6. Out of the 50 children Orochi did this to, Yamato was the only survivor. His genes were altered by it, it's in his genes, it can be passed down.
Crook-Kid
Yes Sequitur
Crook-Kid
Yes Sequitur
Crook-Kid
Yes Sequitur

Or it's a recessive trait so it just so happened that none of his direct descendants inherited it. There's no reason to say it can't be passed on just because it wasn't passed down. That's like saying "I have blue eyes, my wife has brown eyes, and our son has brown eyes." and making the conclusion that it was 100% impossible for the kid to have blue eyes in the first place. Hashirama's wife didn't have Wood Release, so there was a 50/50 shot of their kids being able to use it (ignoring the fact that they most likely couldn't use it without Hashirama's training/scroll). Wood Release was clearly recessive, and therefore they didn't get it. Tsunade's chances of getting it would be even lower. I see no reason why you say it's completely impossible for it to be passed down at all.

As for belonging to his genome, that's my exact point. Anything in a parent's genes has at least a small chance of being passed down to the child (including genetic birth defects (not stuff like FSA, that doesn't alter the genes of the parent)). In this case, Yamato has it in his genes, and therefore has at least a chance to pass it down.

You're wrong on another thing, too. Yamato wasn't grown in Hashirama's DNA, he was simply injected with it after being captured by Orochimaru around the age of 6. Out of the 50 children Orochi did this to, Yamato was the only survivor. His genes were altered by it, it's in his genes, it can be passed down.

I'm not going to read all that because there's no point. The show is ending in a few weeks and his lineage is apparently going to end. Yamato is going to be the only one with the recessive gene. By teh time his descendence becomes wide enough that he miraculously has a descendent that can do wood style, naruto would have been dead for centuries.
If you've noticed, only these extremely powerful people use Wood Release, and Yamato who is compatible with it. But only Madara, Obito, Zetsu etc. can use it, because of Hashirama. And I could think of a theory that Yamato's a Senju, because he has the same headband as Tobirama, uses water release( probably because of wood release) and wood of course, like only Hashirama, a Senju, uses. Tsunade can't use because, as you said, is only 1/4 Senju, and she's never tried, or she's just not strong enough. Not to mention that she'd need a scroll or something.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He already had a kid. He's just as exciting as he is.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff