Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who was more of a hero?

Severus Snape 0.4452380952381 44.5% [ 187 ]
Itachi Uchiha 0.5547619047619 55.5% [ 233 ]
Total Votes:[ 420 ]
1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 >

Greedy Capitalist

Between Severus Snape and Itachi Uchiha?

Background info:

Itachi Uchiha: Praised as the genius of the infamous Uchiha Clan. At the young age of four, Itachi witnessed countless acts of violence which traumatized him and made him a pacifist. Far exceeding normal expectations, Itachi was constantly praised for his accomplishments, leaving his younger brother Sasuke in his shadow. Nevertheless, Itachi deeply loved his younger brother and spent as much time as possible with him. In an effort to avoid war between Konoha and the Uchiha clan, Itachi worked as a spy for the village elders, and leaked information about a possible rebellion lead by his father, Fugaku. A decision was made that the Uchiha clan be completely destroyed by Itachi himself, and this decision was carried out before the Third Hokage had an opportunity to negotiate a compromise with the Uchiha clan. Betraying everyone he held dear to him, Itachi succeeded in killing every member of the clan alongside Madara Uchiha, but when confronted by his younger brother, was unable to carry out the task. Setting Sasuke on the path of revenge, Itachi left his brother, with the hope he would one day kill him. The truth that would taint the Uchiha clan was made secret, and Sasuke was left believing his clan was one to be proud of. Itachi would go on to threaten the entire village with revealing its secrets should Sasuke find out the truth. When confronted with his brother once more, filled with hatred and tainted by the power of Orochimaru, Itachi forced his brother into a corner, and sealed away the demon that had seduced Sasuke with power when he was just a child. Approaching death, Itachi made one final act in favor of Sasuke's protection, and implanted him with the power of the Mangekyou Sharingan to use against Madara should the truth ever be revealed. Finally beaten, Itachi died with a smile on his face. After slaughtering his clan, and bearing the eternal hatred of the world on his shoulders, Itachi was able to protect the one thing he cared for more than his village; his younger brother, Sasuke, and that made it all worthwhile in the end.

"Sorry Sasuke. . .this is the last time. . ."

User Image

Severus Snape: Arguably one of the most dangerous wizards under Voldemort's leadership, Snape worked as a double-spy for both of the magical world's greatest wizards; Albus Dumbledore and Lord Voldemort. Abused by his parents and forced to endure their constant fighting, Snape found comfort in the one person who did not judge him by appearance; Lily Evans. Snape would eventually teach Lily about the magic powers she possesses, and the two would venture off to Hogwarts together. Close friends at first, Snape's desperate desire to fit in would group him in with several Slytherin students who practiced with the Dark Arts. Over time, the two would slowly grow apart, and this would forever be intensified when Snape refers to Lily with the racial slur, "Mudblood," when she tried to defend him from the bullying of James Potter and Sirius Black. Lily would never again speak to Snape or accept his apology, and that would serve to be Snape's worst memory ever. His plan to become a successful Dark Arts master to impress Lily had failed, and Snape instead joined the ranks of Death Eaters working under Voldemort. Overhearing a prophecy that spoke of the one with the power to defeat the Dark Lord being born in July, Snape reported that prophecy to Voldemort. After hearing this, Voldemort targeted Lily and James Potter, much to Snape's surprise and dismay. After pleading with Voldemort to spare Lily, Voldemort ignored his pleas, and went off to kill Lily, James, and Harry Potter. Snape begged Dumbledore to protect Lily, and agreed to join the Order of the Phoenix in exchange. This protection would prove useless, as Wormtail would double-cross James and Lily and allow Voldemort to find them. Choosing to give Lily the chance to live (in accordance with Snape's plea), Lily chose to die to protect her son, thus granting Harry the ultimate protection, that would prove to be the defeat of Voldemort. Completely riddled with shame and regret, Snape traveled to their home, and found the lifeless body of the only person Snape would love. Snape would go on to serve Dumbledore, and work as a spy for him, fooling even Voldemort himself upon his return. Snape would also go to far lengths to protect Harry Potter, putting his life on the line everyday to make sure Voldemort would not catch on. Snape would prove his love for Lily strong when he generated a patronus matching Lily's, and using it to guide Harry on his quest. Up until his final breath, Snape lived to protect and help Harry, using his final ounces of strength to tell Harry the truth about him and Voldemort. The last thing Snape would see in his life was Harry's green eyes, which matched the eyes that Lily had and the ones Snape fell in love with.

"Look. . .at. . .me. . .you have your mother's eyes. . ."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So, who do you think was the bigger hero? Itachi, who burdened the hate of everyone to protect his younger brother, or Snape, who stumbled in the dark and made horrible mistakes before finding the right path?

I honestly have no ******** idea. If I were forced to choose, I'd say Itachi. Snapes a bit of a selfish jerk who only cares about Lily and things pertaining to Lily. Itachi was doing what was good for the village, and the world.

Profitable Sex Symbol

13,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I'm not sure...
Maybe Itachi.
D:
Edit: Maybe they are both equal... sdbfskdg

I'd like to say Itachi had it worse.
Yes, Snape did have it bad, but at least he didn't have to kill his family...
I don't know, I say they are both equal. Both had done things that could be considered bad but done them because they either thought it would help someone or because they thought it would make a situation better if they couldn't prevent it.

Both seem to have made mistakes or worked as spies.

7,000 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
Itachi of course ; n ;

Seeker

They're.. equal?
      Gah, I don't know..

7,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
how do u know? the story of naruto could end badly..... u never know..... be prepared for the unexpected...

Sweet killer Sir Dude
NARUTO

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
Snape. Because it's Snape. >:l

Malevolent Healer

10,500 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
I'd like to say Itachi, but that's probably just because I'm not really a Harry Potter fan.
They both seem like they are equally stressed out by life, so it's hard for me to come to a non-biased conclusion =/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff