Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fallen Seraph

12,115 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Team Moira 200
Yeah. They finally snapped out of it today after Kishi's interview.

Generous Phantom

I enjoyed the ending. I thought it tied things up rather well, but also left enough room for fans to have their interpretations. : )

Devout Bibliophile

Minato Sensei
I'm not saying you have to like everything in the Naruto series in order to be a real fan. I still don't accept the fact that Neji died. But I saw someone have the nerve to say that people who were perfectly content with the ending weren't loyal fans at all. It just really ticked me off.

That's pretty awful that someone would say that to you. Every fan's reaction is valid, whether she loved the ending so much she cried or she hated it so much that she burned her Konoha headband and started rewriting the series so that Naruto and Tenten fall in love and have twenty kids, and as long as someone thinks she's a fan, she's a fan.

Maybe we're hanging out in different places because I've heard rumors of some of the NaruSaku fandom's antics but haven't experienced any of it outright. Most of the extreme behavior I've witnessed has been on the other side, usually NaruHina fans tagging their smug "our ship is canon and yours isn't" posts with "narusaku" to purposely rub it in the rival pairing's face. Basically, everyone on every side is freaking out and being malicious and rude, and it's awful, but it probably isn't going to stop anytime soon (I give it a year at least, honestly), so the only thing we can really do is ignore the madness and keep on doing whatever we're gonna do.

(Fwiw, I'm not mad or anything and I totally understand your point; just wanted to make sure that was perfectly clear. I just don't think it's realistic to expect people to stop talking about their strong emotions about the ending just yet.)

Aged Sex Symbol

You do realize not everyone that hated the ending was a NaruSaku fan, right?

Some people are upset because we got a ******** babies ever after ending for a series that started out with 12 year olds killing each other over chump change for their village.

There was a massive continuity drift relatively early on but the series managed to keep a dark atmosphere until maybe a year and a half ago. An ending with sunshine and butterflies is just rubbing salt in the wound.
I will neveeeer shut up and let this gooo.

The only reason why I care about the ships, is how they ruined the story line at the end.

3,975 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
SS_ShitStorm

Some people are upset because we got a ******** babies ever after ending for a series that started out with 12 year olds killing each other over chump change for their village.

There was a massive continuity drift relatively early on but the series managed to keep a dark atmosphere until maybe a year and a half ago. An ending with sunshine and butterflies is just rubbing salt in the wound.

Yes. I honestly thought Kishimoto was using the shipping wars to string people along, and that eventually either Naruto or Sasuke, maybe even both, would die. I thought at least someone from Team 7 would bite the dust, if not Naruto or Sasuke then either Sakura or Kakashi. Chapter 700 felt like a shounen manga version of the HP Epilogue, with the cliched kids and their WTF names to go along with it. And like Harry, Naruto married a poorly developed, two-dimensional character with a hopeless childhood crush on him, whose kids are carbon copies of their parents that I can't bring myself to really give a damn about. The only reason I don't despise Hinata as much as I do Ginny is that Hinata doesn't make a habit of treating people like s**t, only for her creator to call her "warm, compassionate, and spunky."

Cocoa Paws
I will neveeeer shut up and let this gooo.

The only reason why I care about the ships, is how they ruined the story line at the end.

Tell it like it is. 3nodding

Noble Hero

As much as I do agree with you on like 99,9% of this, especially people not being happy about an ending like this (I mean, it was predictable no?) the memory still fosters those same feelings we had when we were preteens. The bewitching of a series so weeaboo it was so awesome, when we really enjoyed it. So while I agree with you a lot, I can kind of understand how people take this ending a little too seriously. I mean, knowing Kishimoto I can honestly say that the ending wasn't too surprising, but people still have other means to live out they're fandoms. Really, the only people letting them die is themselves. Fanficts, fanart, psh, really it's endless,

/end of inconsistent rambling

Aged Sex Symbol

Sidhe Luna
SS_ShitStorm

Yes. I honestly thought Kishimoto was using the shipping wars to string people along, and that eventually either Naruto or Sasuke, maybe even both, would die. I thought at least someone from Team 7 would bite the dust, if not Naruto or Sasuke then either Sakura or Kakashi. Chapter 700 felt like a shounen manga version of the HP Epilogue, with the cliched kids and their WTF names to go along with it. And like Harry, Naruto married a poorly developed, two-dimensional character with a hopeless childhood crush on him, whose kids are carbon copies of their parents that I can't bring myself to really give a damn about. The only reason I don't despise Hinata as much as I do Ginny is that Hinata doesn't make a habit of treating people like s**t, only for her creator to call her "warm, compassionate, and spunky."

I actually burnt my copy DH because the ending was so terrible. I'm like 99.9% positive Rowling initially intended for Harry to die, changed her mind, and slapped him together with Ginny in a moment of panic. I have to imagine something similar happened with Kishimoto and Sasuke because he ultimately never redeemed himself.

I really, REALLY wish Naruto and Sasuke had died together. The could have ended the cycle of hatred together holding hands. It would have been beautiful and done justice to the original theme of the series.
Yeah, seriously.

I'm sick of the constant griping of the ending too.

Liberal Fatcat

6,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Well, considering that this is a forum meant for discussing naruto, and naruto just ended, people are going to talk about the ending...and quite obviously not everyone is happy with the ending. In my personal opinion, the ending sucked. Its not even about the shipping. There are just so many things wrong with chapter 700. Sakura's character derailment(her last words in series were "welcome home, salad" lol), ugly character designs and overall my feelings for the ending is this. For people who say that criticizing the ending means you're not a "true fan", well then that is just bullshit. People criticize the ending because they like the the series. They related with the characters (hell most of us grew up with the characters) and they like the story. We’re fans of the series so why can't we criticize the ending?

Cranberry

Hannibear xD
Well, considering that this is a forum meant for discussing naruto, and naruto just ended, people are going to talk about the ending...and quite obviously not everyone is happy with the ending. In my personal opinion, the ending sucked. Its not even about the shipping. There are just so many things wrong with chapter 700. Sakura's character derailment(her last words in series were "welcome home, salad" lol), ugly character designs and overall my feelings for the ending is this. For people who say that criticizing the ending means you're not a "true fan", well then that is just bullshit. People criticize the ending because they like the the series. They related with the characters (hell most of us grew up with the characters) and they like the story. We’re fans of the series so why can't we criticize the ending?

omg yes, totally agreed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces